Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2012, 03:52 PM   #61
Bike Tart

Gallery: mamagiff
WOE: general low carb
Finally here! Had a call this morning to go to Mom's to clean her up....she was not cooperative so I spent the entire morning there...got her cleaned up but she wouldn't let me redress her...Stepfather said he'd do it and sent me on my way....went to my Aunt's for lunch and had a nice afternoon with her and my other Aunt...

I've got veggies and stuff to use up before I start the protein days....I doubt I'll get started with that till next week sometime.

My knee is much better today so I'm hoping that it will continue to improve quickly....foot still isn't much better....

We gladly feast on those who would subdue us! - Addams Family Creed

My Facebook
mamagiff is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-01-2012, 05:12 AM   #62
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: DarkSiren
WOE: What Ever it Takes!!!!
Start Date: Recommited January 2014
Sorry you had an uncooperative clean up.
It's nice that you got to visit with your Aunt afterward though.
Glad your knee is better. Hope the foot follows soon.

Okay I'm down on the scale today....
Totally unexpected since I have sausages
for fingers and toes this morning...

so yesterday I had:
breakfast: coffee/coconut milk unsweet
snack: coffee/coconut milk unsweet and a banana
lunch: tuna and mayo in half an avocado
snack: couple of medjool dates dipped in sunbutter
dinner: zucchini lasagna
evening snack: air popped popcorn and handful of dark chocolate(to tame the PMS beast)

I have found that popcorn doesn't bother me even though it's not primal in the least. I guess it's the no gluten thing. I only do it occasionally though and consider it part of the 20% when I do.

Calories came to around 1393 before popcorn and chocolate (forgot to log those )
Carbs were well over 100. Protein was around 80. Fat was 40%.
I played the day by ear, tried to stick as close to primal as possible, and still answer my bodies requests.

Today would typically be a Down Day if I were doing rotations. So, I'm going to attempt listening to my body again today but getting the calories lower if I can.
DarkSiren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 06:10 AM   #63
Bike Tart

Congrats on being down! I'm not even thinking of getting on the scale till next week....I really think I don't get an accurate reading because of all the inflammation in my feet and legs.

I feel like I need to be moving around....will talk with the therapist today to get the ok for indoor biking again and even outdoor biking. The TRX straps are on the way so we'll get that set up to use once they get here. I have really felt like a lump and I need to get motivated again.

I'm probably going to have to go to the grocery store in a day or two but will go to the small one and get the basics.
Old 06-02-2012, 06:08 AM   #64

Morning,

Forgot to weigh this morning before having my two cups of coffee/coconut milk and banana.

Yesterday did NOT end up being a low calorie day. I was just too dang hungry at dinner time.

I'm going to try for a "light" weekend but I also am realistic and know that with all the running around we do it may not be the best food wise.

Workout:
today is a go heavy or go home weight lifting day. It's only a short session but very intense.

If we get all our work around the house finished then we'll be heading out for some walking later too.

If not then we'll be heading out to the beach tomorrow morning for a hike.
Old 06-02-2012, 04:15 PM   #65

Well,

food was wayyyyyyy off plan today...

not expecting very good things tomorrow on that scale.

I'm actually thinking about a fat fast again tomorrow. I saw Dana Carpender's post on FB saying that she was feeling fat and gonna start one tomorrow. So, I was thinking... since I already have the stuff on hand to do it.... I might as well give that a try again... We'll see if I can get through more than one day this time without getting that nausea... blech....

Hubby just bought me my spin bike that I've been wanting. So, I'll be able to do my sprints now even when I can't get out to the local ball field.
Old 06-03-2012, 11:00 AM   #66
Bike Tart

My food wasn't great yesterday, either.....ate at the bar where my BIL's band played....don't know why I can't just get a salad....the steak wrap and fries is my choice all the time....it could have been worse, I suppose....and I drank Pepsi, not diet. I have found that diet soda with aspartame causes some nasty rashes in areas that I'd prefer not to have a rash so I'm not drinking it anymore....

I'm still planning on protein/fat days this week....once I use up the veggies in the fridge...I may throw some salad or veggies in but not much...

Congrats on the bike! I am finally going to get on my indoor bike today...will also get a plan together for upper body work to start tomorrow. My feet are feeling better and I'm going to do massages and stretching later today.
Old 06-03-2012, 06:13 PM   #67

Fat Fast did NOT happen...

Another crummy food day...

I don't know what's up with me right now...

Other than now I'm dealing with an immune crash and the resulting
sickies.

So, time to get back on track and support my immune system... as well as the new workout schedule that we're on to support the hubby's getting ready for the Academy.
Old 06-04-2012, 05:08 AM   #68

Day 1 of Hubby's(and family) workout schedule:

45 minutes on the bike... We need to get a gel seat cover.... everyone's booties went numb....

Tonight after dinner will be a family walk.

Eating:
Just keeping it to high fat/low carb primal.
Need to get my body feeling better before I attempt anything else.
Afterward I'll probably cut the carbs even more and lean in the direction
of the Fat fast I was wanting to do to force a nice solid Ketosis and help take care of cravings.
Old 06-04-2012, 11:04 AM   #69
Bike Tart

Keep riding and the booties will toughen up!

Had an ok weekend....still working on the last of the veggies but being careful....

The TRX straps came today along with all the workout info, etc. DH tried them and says he's really going to like the workout! He likes that I got the military set! We just have to find a good spot to do the workout.

Not much else going on right now...PT this afternoon...feet are feeling a lot better...will try to get a little bike time today....did it yesterday and it wasn't too bad but I have a hard time getting on and off the bike right now because of my balance muscles..
Old 06-04-2012, 05:05 PM   #70

Glad the hubby likes the TRX Straps.

I still really want to order them but they'll have to wait since hubby got me the bike.

Got the family walk in tonight so I'm happy about that.

Tomorrow is weight lifting day but still not sure quite what we're doing.. Surfing the net tonight to figure it out.

We're basically following the outline in the updated Primal Blueprint as to which "types" of exercise to do each day... like today was slow cardio, bike riding.... and tomorrow is a 30 minute weight lifting session.... and every evening is walking....

But I'm just not sure yet what types of exercises to do during the weight lifting session.

I want us to improve but not be so sore we can't move the next day.

I'll get it figured out.... Then Wednesday is a Rest Day... thankfully.
Old 06-04-2012, 07:28 PM   #71
Bike Tart

PT went well....she said I can move around more and biking is ok, even outdoors! But still no impact so walking is still out. Not going to attempt kbs for a while yet, either. Too much pressure on my foot. So tomorrow the only "exercise" will be bathing Mom if she'll cooperate...have a dr. appt. in the morning.

I had hoped to get more cooking done today but didn't....oh well....need to go fold the clean clothes and get ready for bed...
Old 06-05-2012, 08:22 AM   #72

We're doing body weight exercise for the "weight lifting day".

Hubby is going on another trip soon and I want him to have things he can do while gone.

When he gets back we'll have a few weeks to continue preparing him and so I'll add weights for him at that point.

In the mean time yesterday's menu ended up being moderate protein, high fat, below 50 carbs. And I dropped 5lbs. Granted I'm also finishing up TOM so that could be part of it. We'll see over the next few days. I realize that at least 10 to 15lbs will be fluid because I know that I've been holding a LOT.

So, I won't get too excited until we start getting back to my all time low in the last 2yrs... the one from the morning of my surgery last summer.

After that I'll be back to focusing on Onederland. I really want to be there by my b'day but that won't be happening unless there's a miracle....

So, next up will be... hopefully by the end of summer.

Since summer means a lot more movement and not eating as much because of the heat... maybe that means I'll start melting...

I hope I hope...

food plan for today:

keeping the fat up, cals/protein moderate, and carbs as low as I can stand.

Exercise:
Today is Weights(body weight) and a walk tonight
tomorrow is a rest day but I'll try to keep general movement up anyway.
Old 06-05-2012, 01:09 PM   #73
Bike Tart

My appt. this morning went well...nothing new to report.

I'm at Mom's and about ready to see if she'll cooperate for getting washed up....

Not sure about exercise, if any....
Old 06-05-2012, 06:02 PM   #74

Hope the wash up went smoothly.

We all finished up our individual body weight workouts then we headed out and did our walk after dinner.

Tomorrow is supposed to be our rest day but I think I might do a short bike in the morning if I feel up to it.

Food has been all on plan and yummy today. I really hope the scale will be nice to me for it.
Old 06-06-2012, 06:49 AM   #75

Morning,

I ended my night last night with a Paleo-ish dessert and the scale stayed the same this morning.

I'll avoid the left overs today and see if it makes that much of a difference tomorrow.

Already did a short bike ride this morning and planning some body weight exercises for just me later before my shower.

So that will be the extent of my "rest day".

Food is the current usual of high fat, moderate protein, low carb.
Old 06-06-2012, 07:17 AM   #76
Bike Tart

I already forgot to get on the scale....I've had a little bit of diet coke but no breakfast....I think I'll just hop on to see what comes up...

Food has been good so far....stretching out the veggies so I don't eat a lot of them in one day. I've been doing veggies just at lunch time...chicken for dinner the last few nights....eggs for breakfast in a few minutes.

I am going to also do some TRX work when I get back from my ride...upper body only...I may try some kb squats, too.
Old 06-06-2012, 10:29 AM   #77
Bike Tart

Got on the scale after I had eggs...down 6 lbs from Monday....glad the fluids are going away!

I had a nice bike ride and tried the TRX but they have to wait longer...too much pressure on my foot...did 10 kb squats with a 10 lb. kb....I'm thinking because I'll be doing them slowly I will use a heavier kb next time. Now to decide what to do for upper body exercise since the TRX has to wait....this foot is limiting so much!
Old 06-07-2012, 06:44 AM   #78

Woo Hoo Linda!!! Glad the scale is being nice!! Hope it continues!!

Mine was up a smidge today but I'm holding fluid so not surprised. Didn't drink nearly enough water yesterday. So, I'll work on that today. Maybe drink some lemon water too.

Tomorrow is my current weight loss anniversary. Two years ago to the day that I started the special shake program because I was desperate and tired of feeling the way I was feeling.

I haven't met my goals just yet. They seem so out of reach these days.

So, I have to celebrate that I didn't lose over 100lbs only to gain it back. I would say hovering up and down 10lbs from my first huge goal of 100lbs off is a major accomplishment.

Now, to kick off the next leg of this journey and FINALLY get under 200lbs. I don't even care if I sit at 195 for another year like I've sat at my current weight. I just want to see that dang "1" before my numbers.

I went a little off the rails recently while trying to figure out what the heck my body wanted me to do. But I think I'm good now. I'm not perfect... I never will be.... but at least I'm still a work in progress and I never "totally" gave up.

menu today:
aiming for lower cals, high fat, moderate protein(leaning more and more in the direction of a full Fat fast)
planning on drinking tons of water, some lemon water to help with fluid
retention

exercise:
45 minute bike ride this morning
tonight will be a family walk after dinner
Old 06-07-2012, 11:21 AM   #79
Bike Tart

Dawn, I'm so happy for you!!! You have done a great job so far and I know things will fall in place for you to continue!

Scale was back up 4 lbs....ugh! Who knows what's going on?!

My life is full of stress, poor sleeping, drugs I don't want to take, no activity....and so on...

Just found out my sister has more cancer and has to have a mastectomy....will know more in a few weeks when she has her appt. If I can't find anyone to help with Mom, I will not be able to go help her after her surgery...I know she'll understand but I want to be there with her for some of it...I'll figure something out when the time comes...

My feet hurt again today...but I think part of the issue is I haven't taken any Aleve for a couple of days....I need to stop taking so much of it so I'm going to try to just wait out the pain for now...if it gets worse I'll be back to the Aleve...

I'm hoping when I get back from Mom's I can get in the pool for a bit even if it's just my feet dangling in the water...
Old 06-07-2012, 03:38 PM   #80
Bike Tart

Changed my mind....not waiting out the pain...back to the Aleve....I can't function when I have constant pain.

I was going to make some sauteed chicken strips to top a salad but remembered I have some spaghetti squash so I'll cook that and make some alfredo sauce and use the chicken with that instead....
Old 06-07-2012, 08:31 PM   #81
Bike Tart

Well, DS got home from work and said we should go in the pool and as I mentioned on FB, it was cool but felt very good!

I sauteed the chicken and made the alfredo sauce but didn't make the squash...it was getting late and I didn't want to eat that much. So I just had the chicken with sauce...it was delicious!

I stopped on the way from Mom's to look for some summer shirts....found 2 sundresses, a nightgown, a top and a tank top for biking...one sundress is snug but ok for when I'm home alone.....I'm wearing the other now and it's comfy...will need a tank under it when others are here because it's a bit low cut...

I found a sf/gf lemon bar recipe today that I'm going to make for tomorrow. Kayli is coming over after school to look at photo albums and see family movies! I'm making Mexican type food for supper and thought lemon bars would be a nice dessert.
Old 06-08-2012, 05:27 AM   #82

Glad you got some pool time Ms.Linda. Hope the aleve starts helping.
Sounds like you've got some fun stuff planned for tonight.

Doing good here. Getting ready for another work trip. Kids had a moment of panic last night and started complaining of tummy aches. I knew it was just them not wanting the trip to happen so I distracted them for a while and they were fine when they went to bed. Breaks my heart that they go through this anxiety every time.

Scale was down the up from yesterday plus a smidge more. No where near where I wanted to be for the 2yr anniversary but it's progress so I'll be happy for that.

We didn't get our family walk last night.... hubby just was NOT feeling it. Had kind of a rough day at work. Have TONS of walking to do tonight and tomorrow getting ready so I'm sure that will more than make up for it.

Also, today is sprinting day. So, we'll be doing a shorter bike ride but more intense. I am looking forward to it.

Tomorrow is a short very intense weight session so I'm planning Kettlebells for that one to get the most out of the workout.

Sunday is supposed to be family hike day but with it being a travel day for someone I'm not sure how that's going to work out. Maybe the kiddos and I will walk down to the park(about 20 minutes each way) and play some ultimate frisbee then walk back.

Anyway, that's my weekend..... Now I'm off to finish up a TON of papers that need to be mailed out first thing tomorrow....
Old 06-08-2012, 11:02 AM   #83
Bike Tart

We did some errands this morning....ended up doing a shopping spree again for me! Got another sundress, a skirt, a few tops and a swimsuit...I'm set for summer now! I'm loving the long sundresses...takes me back to my teen years in the late 60's and early 70's....

Scale back down to the low from the other day....PT in about an hour and then back here to get ready for granddaughter's visit tonight....can't wait!

I had wings for lunch....hope to get some pool time once Kayli gets here...hope she enjoys the family home movies and hope it helps her get to know us a bit!
Old 06-10-2012, 09:04 AM   #84

Another goodbye and the last week of school. Talk about a stressful week ahead.

But I'm still going to work my hiney off on the current exercise program. I'm going to be super super strict with my eating. Since I don't have the hubby to feed it'll be easier as usual. Most of the weight I've gained has been from eating what he wants to eat usually.

He used to be able to eat anything and not gain very much... then could lose it the minute he decided to. But now that he's about to turn 40(next weekend) he's finding that his body isn't recovering as quickly. He's not losing as easily.

I know he doesn't make me eat this stuff.... and if I really wanted to I could "make" him eat healthy with me. I just find that sometimes it's easier to throw my hands up in the air and let him eat what ever.

We worked hard to get his weight off the last time... to reverse a heart condition... and he's right back where he was because "I" gave up on keeping him on track....

It's hard enough trying to work on myself with my thyroid problems and my body not cooperating... I just really don't want to HAVE to keep track of him too. But I don't want him to be one of those guys that the moment they get the "big promotion" they put on the gut and get soooo unhealthy.

Well, it's summer and we have 10wks till he leaves for the Academy. School will be out and we'll be taking this time to really focus on the house and getting it ready for putting on the market. But also hopefully focus on us and getting healthy and getting this weight off once and for all.

I guess I needed to vent a little. Sorry....
Old 06-11-2012, 07:39 AM   #85

Happy Monday!!

Current schedule for the week:
IF(intermittent fast) from 6pm to 10am(or later) the next day
Workout first thing in the morning on an empty stomach for max fat burn
Higher Fat(60 to 75%), Moderate Protein, Lower to Moderate Carb
Short walks after dinner with kids
regular workout 3hrs before bed again for max burn

We'll see how this works out.
If I see a major downswing on the scale I will continue for as long as it does.
Old 06-11-2012, 11:53 AM   #86
Bike Tart

Ok, weekend food wasn't much on plan....as you said, Dawn, it's easier to just give in sometimes....what we ate was mostly worth it so I'm not going to be super hard on myself...I just don't have it in me right now to care enough about losing weight...so many things going on that are stressing me and I do eat on plan 90% of the time...not letting that little veer away stop me or stress me.

PT today...asked about more exercise and she still thinks I need to wait a bit....I can do anything non weight bearing so walking in the pool is ok as is biking and any seated weight work. Really need to get going on a routine/plan for that. I miss workouts but I can't seem to get back to them...

I'm sitting here and see that I need a pedi....it would be so much easier to do if I was thinner...I feel like the last 2 years of spiraling downward have drained me so much and I need to find a way out of this....not sure what to do next...
Old 06-11-2012, 05:33 PM   #87

I hear ya on the pedi... I was telling the kids about how hubby had to do mine for me when I was pregnant with each of them. What I was too embarrassed to say was that he had to continue to do it until I finally got some of this belly out of the way.

Food has been pretty good today, exercise not so much... My body is going through something and I need to push my way through it but honestly am scared too since hubby isn't here to help if I'm laid out.

I just added an evening snack to my day. Turkey slices and pickles.
It was to keep me from caving and eating all the ice cream I just made for the kiddos. LOL

Last edited by DarkSiren; 06-11-2012 at 06:04 PM..
Old 06-12-2012, 05:50 AM   #88

Good Morning,

Scale is currently being kind. that it continues.

workout today is supposed to be intense strength training for 30 minutes, and a walk with the kiddos after dinner.

Food will continue to be low carb, moderate to high fat, and moderate protein.

I've read that if I keep my fat high enough even if I'm low protein I'll maintain my muscle and that's pretty cool. I don't want any weight loss to make me a "skinny fat".
Old 06-12-2012, 07:47 AM   #89
Bike Tart

I'm having a blah morning.....I haven't had breakfast and I'm hungry so I guess I should go eat something...

Going to Mom's later today, not sure what I'll be doing the rest of the morning...
Old 06-13-2012, 03:58 PM   #90

Wow, could have sworn I came in here today. Oops...

This morning I was down a smidge more so I'm happy about that.

I'm just trucking along here.

Today is the first day I couldn't seem to keep my cals down but I also couldn't get my fat up high enough. So it'll be interesting to see how that reflects on the scale tomorrow.

Tomorrow I hope to get back to high fat, low carb, and moderate protein. I think that seems to be working for me. I'm kicking myself over not planning today better.