Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2013, 06:01 AM   #841
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: DarkSiren
WOE: What Ever it Takes!!!!
Start Date: Recommited January 2014
And I'm back up...

It's after an UD and it isn't much but I seem to be playing with the same numbers on the scale right now. Hoping I can push it through this wall and keep going.
DarkSiren is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-18-2013, 07:33 AM   #842
Bike Tart

Gallery: mamagiff
WOE: general low carb
Good Morning! Down .6 lb....not much but I'll take it....I can see the bones in my feet today....finally!

Not much going on today for me...that's unusual but I'll do my best to enjoy it! A few chores, some pool time and maybe a simple workout...I might even do some cooking ahead!
mamagiff is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 08:20 AM   #843

Congrats on the .6!!

I'm back down after my DD.

Today is an UD and also daughter's choice for dinner since she has a medical appointment today. She'll keep it clean since she doesn't like junk food like the guys.

Other than that I got my new ID and the pic is on FB. For a little while anyway.

It wasn't horrible. Would have liked more of a difference but I'm not "unhappy" with the new one and that's what counts.

Now to continue on to my goal.

Just keep swimming!!
Old 07-20-2013, 04:44 AM   #844

Happy Weekend!!

Daughter's appointment went well considering and we have some steps to hopefully continue helping her with the skin issues.

My UD was good and on my primal plan. I was right that she would pick a healthy dinner. Steak, salad, and dark chocolate covered strawberries for dessert.

I'm up a smidge on the scale but that's to be expected. My bounces after UDs are getting smaller though so that's nice. Now to get my DD bounces going significantly down in the right direction.

Off to work on school stuff. If the weekend goes well then I should be able to send everything off on Monday or Tuesday.
Old 07-20-2013, 08:39 AM   #845
Bike Tart

Good Morning! Our pool filter died so we got a new one last night....once he hooks that up today I'll go out and vacuum the pool....we're having trouble getting the water clear and I wonder if the filter being bad had something to do with it?

Working on a grocery list....seems like that's all I ever do! Want to make some oopsies and/or grain free buns today if I can get to it....

Didn't get on the scale today.....woke really early (darn cat!) and then came out to the recliner to sleep more....slow starting once I woke up again..

We gladly feast on those who would subdue us! - Addams Family Creed

My Facebook
Old 07-21-2013, 04:40 AM   #846

Happy Sunday!!

Everyone decided to cheat with some Chinese last night.

'Nuff Said.

That will make today my DD and I'll be doing some major flushing of fluid.

Hope the new filter is working out for you. I hear you about cats.. We've had to put ours up at night because otherwise she'll just sit at the side of the bed meowing for food and attention.
Old 07-21-2013, 08:17 AM   #847
Bike Tart

Good Morning! Birthday party this afternoon for my BIL's cousin's daughter....there will be too much good food and I will do my best not to cave too bad....

I got up early with the cat again....my DS is the one that feeds her that early during the week yet on the weekends she wakes me for food She should go pester him!

I'll probably get puffy from the heat and from sitting all day with my feet down...

I'm off to shower and do a quick trip to the grocery store before we leave for the party....have a great day!
Old 07-22-2013, 04:27 AM   #848

Happy Monday!!

Hope the b'day party went well.

Even though the day was good yesterday I ate a lot of sodium at dinner so I'm still up the pound from my UD. Technically today would be an UD again but I'm not really hungry. We'll see how it goes once I break my fast.

Other than that... Going to be working like mad to have everything off to the school tomorrow so it's going to be a insane and exhausting day.
Old 07-22-2013, 07:25 AM   #849
Bike Tart

We had a great time at the party! Live music (karaoke!), good food and lots of people! A lot of them speak more in Italian than English so I have no clue what they are saying but it didn't really matter because we had so much fun!

There was plenty of food to choose from and I only had a few small things off plan...I did way better than I expected I would!

I have a million things to get done today so I'm off.....
Old 07-23-2013, 05:36 AM   #850

Happy Tuesday!!

Yesterday was most definitely an UD.

Time to try for a very good DD. My rotations are getting harder and harder to do. If I could just get a couple really good ones under my belt I may be able to get my UDs under control again.

I also think TOM is next week so that probably has something to do with it.

Glad you had a good time at the party!!
Old 07-23-2013, 02:36 PM   #851
Bike Tart

So much to do, so little time! My friend that is coming for the weekend asked if she can come on Thursday instead of Friday because she is going to go visit her son and family who will be visiting other family about an hour or two from here. So that means I have less time to get everything ready! Yikes! Better kick it into high gear tonight and tomorrow.

Got a ton of groceries and forgot dishwasher detergent....will get it tomorrow when we go to town for a couple of errands.

I have decided that since I'm having so much trouble with food lately that I'm going to do mostly meat/eggs for a while....of course, I need to use up the last of the veggies here first. I just need a jump start on things. DH went to the grocery store with me and asked if we could have spaghetti again soon.....I said sure, why not keep me fat a little longer....ugh! He just doesn't get it....never will....this has been an ongoing thing for 40 years and is not likely to change. Oh, well....if I can do just meat/eggs 90% of the time maybe having spaghetti once in a blue moon won't be too much of a problem.

I got the food for book club...let's just count this as the 10% of the time I'm not doing meat/eggs...LOL! I'm all talk about wanting to stay on plan but the minute I have to have something at my house it's off plan foods....I'll make them all as lc as I can but that's not saying much...
Old 07-24-2013, 04:52 AM   #852

Happy Wednesday!!

I ended up with not only another UD but another Up UP and Away Day(UUAAD).

I need to get a handle on this before I end up gaining everything back. Between the stress and pre-TOM though I'm having a hard time controlling the amount of cals I get.

I'm going to attempt a Fat Fast today. Between the healthy fat and the higher cals it may finally help me to get this back under control.
Old 07-24-2013, 07:58 AM   #853
Bike Tart

Good Morning! I've got a few errands to do and then back to get my house ready for book club and for guests this weekend....so much to do and I always wait till the last minute!

Scale down a smidge....will keep plugging along....I cooked some chicken legs/thighs last night so I'll munch on those today....not sure what else we'll be eating....
Old 07-25-2013, 04:32 AM   #854

Happy Thursday!!

Hope the scale continues to be down for you.

Mine is down today as well. I need it to keep going right now and that will keep me on track for my appointment in 5wks.

I really need to add exercise back in. I'm hoping that will become more of a reality once I send the last of the paperwork off on Friday or Saturday. Then I can focus on me a little more for the next 6wks. Granted I'll still have house projects and of course the kids but I can now take a little bit of time to take care of myself.
Old 07-25-2013, 07:03 AM   #855
Bike Tart

Good Morning! Lots to get done today! Making food for book club and cleaning....preparing for weekend houseguests! We'll be dog sitting for our friends when they go to their reunion picnic on Saturday....should be interesting because we don't know this dog as well as dogs they've had in the past...he's a good dog so I'm sure it will go well....wish I could walk good because I'd take him to the park for a walk but he'll be stuck here at the house with me instead...

Scale down another smidge....I'm losing an ounce or two a day....I'll be normal weight in about a hundred years!
Old 07-26-2013, 04:58 AM   #856

TGIF!!!

Scale is down a smidge more today. It will continue so that I can stay on track for my appointment.

I'm almost done with my part of the school stuff for the old school year. Just a few loose ends to tie up.

Plus I've gotten most of the new school year outlined so I'm pretty excited about that.
Old 07-27-2013, 04:43 AM   #857

Happy Saturday!!

Down a smidge more. Still hoping and that it will continue down so that I meet my goal for my Endo appt.

Other than that. Just finishing up the final touches on the school packets and sending those out today. Library time to pick up some books I'm looking over to see if we can use them for the new school year.

Really excited about this coming year. First time I haven't finished one year before I was wanting to start the new one just to show the kiddos what we were doing.
Old 07-27-2013, 12:40 PM   #858
Bike Tart

I'm getting excited about your new school year!! LOL! Sounds way more interesting and fun than when I went to school!

Book Club was a huge success....they loved all the food....the new appetizer recipes are definitely keepers!

Our weekend houseguests have gone to their picnic today...crummy weather (cold and gloomy)....we'll only have 2 instead of 6 because the others all wanted to stay at a hotel...fine with me! Just need to get some groceries today so we can eat tomorrow...

We are dog sitting for them while they are at the picnic...he's a good dog....

That's about it for now....need to figure out what food to get....simple and good is what I'm looking for...on plan would be a bonus!
Old 07-28-2013, 04:31 AM   #859

I'm trying to make it exciting. The kids had really started hating the regimented style of the years before. So, this year we're trying something new and everyone's excited.

Scale is up this morning but I'm also swollen and TOM is a couple days early.

Glad you're bookclub went well.

I had hoped to celebrate the end of the old school year at the beach today but between TOM and the yucky weather it looks like we're stuck inside with a movie day instead.
Old 07-29-2013, 04:32 AM   #860

Happy Monday!!

Tons of paperwork to take care of today but really don't want to get started.

I'm up on the scale but TOM is also in full swing so no worries. I'll just have to fight the general tendency to eat junk this time of month.

Other than that I'm hoping after dropping off the paperwork for the school board tomorrow that I can finally take a rest for a couple days before we start the craziness all over again.
Old 07-29-2013, 05:10 AM   #861
Bike Tart

Good Morning! Today is Mom's birthday so I'm stopping at the store on the way over there to get a small cake for her...she and Stepfather can share it....she won't understand what it's for but will enjoy eating it.

Not much else going on....my friend left about an hour ago...she's driving to TN now to spend a week with her DD and family....she may stop here on the way back home next weekend but I'm thinking she'll be ready to get home so she won't stop.

Time to get back to eating my normal foods....we all went to lunch yesterday at a local drive in that has the best cheeseburgers! I'm not sure what I'll be eating today...need to get some groceries....I think I'll be having some chicken for breakfast since it needs to be eaten today...
Old 07-29-2013, 05:59 AM   #862

to your Mom. I know she doesn't remember it anymore but what counts is that you do. You can remember for her.
Old 07-30-2013, 04:56 AM   #863

Happy Tuesday!!

Tons to do today and absolutely no want or oomph to do it.

The scale is down a smidge so I can hope that it will continue downward so I can meet my goal by the time I go to the doc. 4wks and 2 days.

Other than that just crazy and emotional days that TOM is not helping with.

Thursday we should know about the job and it's also the first official deadline with the school board. Fun days.....
Old 07-31-2013, 04:19 AM   #864

Happy Wednesday!!

And the scale is back up a huge amount. I'm so swollen I feel like my hands and feet will burst. Plus TOM is still in full swing. I also ate a bit too much last night. So, I know WHY I'm up but it doesn't make it any easier to deal with.

Time to really buckle down and get this right. 4wks till my Endo appointment and 5wks till my current goal date(the first day of school for us). I want to get as close to my goal as possible and then move on to the next goal instead of constantly spinning my wheels in the same area.
Old 07-31-2013, 02:02 PM   #865
Bike Tart

Not much going on today, a few errands and time at Mom's....now I'm going to relax for a bit before cooking dinner and I'm hoping to get to bed early tonight...haven't slept well for the last couple of nights....

Ruthie is coming this weekend so I need to get things ready!

Sorry about the swelling....I still have some, too....it's going away finally!

My cousin texted to say she made appts. for me, her and my Aunt to go for pedicures together next week! This will be my first pro pedicure! Can't wait!
Old 08-01-2013, 04:40 AM   #866

Well, I didn't do anything to help the swelling stay away.

We decided to celebrate meeting two different deadlines. The first one with the school board and the final one with the school we had been getting our curriculum from. I think you saw on FB how we celebrated so it doesn't need repeating.

Anyway, I chose not to weigh because of that plus TOM is preparing to leave finally. So, I'm just going to Fat Fast for a few days, drink lots of water, and get myself back under control. We'll see where I go from there.
Old 08-01-2013, 09:12 AM   #867
Bike Tart

I tried a new pizza crust recipe last night....delicious! It will have to be doubled if DH or DS is eating with me....I got 8 decent sized squares from it but with 2 grown men we need more than that!

Didn't weigh this morning....slept in the recliner last night for a couple of hours and then couldn't get back to sleep and ended up back in the recliner around 5 a.m. and slept for a couple of hours. DH said it's time to go looking for a new mattress....I'll try sleeping in the guest room tonight and see if that helps...maybe I'll try a nap in there later today instead of all night.

Not sure on food for the day yet....need to do a couple of quick errands and then have lunch and go to Mom's.....
Old 08-02-2013, 06:21 AM   #868

Happy Friday!!

Chose not to weigh again today. TOM is finally heading out the door and I want to give myself a few days back on plan and for it to finally leave and take all it's swelling with it. That way I don't derail myself because of anger at the scale.

Other than that I'm at the point of trying to lay out a plan for the new school year(to be turned in on the 14th) plus get the house back in order.

My sweet hubby tried to stay on top of everything but I think he has a new understanding of everything I usually do each day.

He seemed ecstatic that I said I would start taking over some of my chores again.
Old 08-02-2013, 08:59 AM   #869
Bike Tart

Good Morning! Today is Ruthie day! They will be here late tonight.....can't wait to see them!

I'll be making the new pizza recipe for DH for lunch...not sure about dinner yet....

Have to start the low residue diet Sunday....need to make sure I have all that I need to follow it this week...can't wait till the colonoscopy is over!
Old 08-03-2013, 03:45 AM   #870

Happy Weekend!!

Hope you have a blast with your grandbabies!!

I'm glad I waited to weigh because I probably would have cried. As it is I had a moment of OMG I can't believe I let it get that out of hand.

But I'm letting it go and making these last 4wks really count.

Can NOT go into that docs office without a significant loss or I'll never hear the end of it.