Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2013, 04:39 AM   #811
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: DarkSiren
WOE: What Ever it Takes!!!!
Start Date: Every Day is a New Start
Happy Wednesday!!

It's an UD today and I'm ecstatic. I thought my stomach was going to eat my backbone last night.

But it was worth it since I woke up 3lbs down from my DD

and I'm only half a pound away from the next set of 10's.

Now to try to ignore the inevitable bounce from my UD.
DarkSiren is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-03-2013, 08:57 AM   #812
Bike Tart

Gallery: mamagiff
WOE: general low carb
Congrats on the loss! Hope the bounce isn't too bad tomorrow!

Still staying off the scale....still puffy....

Working my behind off to get my house ready for tomorrow....the pool isn't ready, either...I wish we had skipped it this year but with MIL's birthday being today I wanted to get her a cake for tomorrow....turning 80 is a big deal! And tomorrow is one of the few days this summer that I can get most of DH's family together....

Off to make and early lunch...DH needs to nap this afternoon before work so he can stay up all night. I have to get some stuff for Mom's house and then go to my massage...desperately need that today! Then stopping at my Aunt's house to visit a bit before coming back to cook and clean like a maniac!

We gladly feast on those who would subdue us! - Addams Family Creed

My Facebook
mamagiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 11:36 AM   #813

Sorry you're having to do all that catching up when you just got back.

I'm trying to keep today as primal as possible since tomorrow may be slightly off plan(primal wise). I'll probably be doing a medium day tomorrow as well. We'll see how well I manage my morning cals.

Got my birthday dress today. I was scared it wouldn't fit but it did...
DH has decided he wants to do my ID renewal the day of my b'day instead of the following week. {{sigh}} Oh well... it's not like I'll lose an extra 25lbs in those extra few days but still.... I wanted to be a unswollen as possible.
Old 07-04-2013, 03:41 AM   #814

Happy 4th of July!!

I'm up on the scale today from yesterday's UD but of course it was expected.

Yesterday's primal day also took a bit of a turn with some icecream after dinner.

That seems to be one of the summer foods I have the most trouble with. Put it in my 20%(non-primal).

I think, though, maybe it's time to make my own primal-ish icecream to keep available in the freezer.

Today is my DD and I think I'm going to try to keep it that way. I'll just have a couple sets of numbers available. From the usual 20% all the way to 35%. That way no matter what I don't feel like I've "failed" just because I went a little high.

It's just going to be us grilling here so it's not like I'll be faced with a "ton" of tempting foods.

Today is supposed to be 45 minutes on the spin bike but with errands, chores, school work, then a tiny celebration with the kiddos..... I'm not sure if I'll fit it in. I'll try though... Maybe while the hubby is grilling. Especially if he's having to grill inside due to the rain.

Now I need to run and hit the store before it becomes insanely busy with all the last minute people.
Old 07-04-2013, 04:56 AM   #815
Bike Tart

Happy 4th of July! I'm nowhere near ready for the picnic....not going to stress about it....I have to get the crockpots started in a few minutes and then all the last minute cleaning...hope DH wakes early enough to go to the store for me to pick up MIL's birthday cake.

Was going to try to get more pink in my hair today since it has faded quite a bit but I don't know that I'll have time....oh, well....

Since our picnic is partially potluck I have no idea about all the food we'll be having....will do my best to keep it in control....to be honest nothing sounds good and I think I'll make myself a good protein shake before everyone gets here. I don't worry about having cake because I don't really care for most cakes but the side dishes might do me in.... I'm making some on plan sides so I hope to stick with them....

Have a great day today!
Old 07-05-2013, 04:51 AM   #816

Happy Friday!!

Hope you had an awesome day with family and friends yesterday.

So my "plan" to either stick with my DD or maybe do a medium day(MD) did NOT work out.

I am currently up 5lbs after two Up Up and Away Days.(UUAAD)

I know it's mostly swelling though because I'm 1) finishing up TOM and 2) have fingers so tight they look like sausages right now.

So, trying to figure out my rotations and flushing with lemon water in the mean time.

I can either do a Fat Fast UD to help flush the water out or I can do two DDs in a row(do not recommend this for newbies) or I can do the rotations as they are falling now and then throw two UDs in next week to accommodate my b'day. It's all very confusing at the moment.

What I may do is make sure I'm eating high fat items and that way if I have a higher calorie day it won't much matter. It'll still fall under a FF day whether it's a DD or UD. And basically just see where I land calorie wise.

In the mean time today is a 30 minute sprint session on the bike or with KBs. We'll see how much strength I have later.
Old 07-05-2013, 09:43 AM   #817
Bike Tart

picnic was great! Weather was perfect, lots of good food....not as many people as some years but those who came had a good time!

My feet puffed up from sitting with them down so long....hope they are back to normal soon!

We're on the road to DS's house... Time to stop for lunch!
Old 07-06-2013, 05:32 AM   #818

Have a safe trip!!

After my DD I'm about halfway back to
where I was before the UUAADs...

Kind of disappointed but it is what it is. I'm going to attempt more of a MD(medium day) today but if I go all the way up to a UD then I'm okay with that. I'm just trying to get all the swelling back off plus get things back on track so that next Thursday is an UD.

Today is 10 minutes of intense strength training.

But first, coffee out on the patio to enjoy the neighborhood bunny and the birds.
Old 07-07-2013, 07:19 AM   #819

Happy Sunday!!

Managed my MD yesterday as hoped but was only rewarded with a very tiny drop on the scale today. If I keep my rotations today will be an UD and that will keep my b'day an UD on Thursday as well.

Definitely will NOT make even one of my goals but I'm making progress so I have to look at that instead of obsessing over not being where I want to be.

Hope you're having a fun weekend with the grands!!
Old 07-07-2013, 10:05 AM   #820
Bike Tart

It's almost time to leave...we've had a very nice weekend with the kids! They are all so much fun!

The meals have been off plan but DIL always makes balanced meals with real food so I just kept portions smallish and other than being puffy from the grains I think I'm doing ok.

Tomorrow is my day of planning and maybe some grocery shopping (need to check supplies once I get home).....need to get back all the way on the wagon....in a spot where I can't jump or fall off for a long time!

I really need to get this weight off (or at least a good portion of if)....it really limits what I can do and I'm so embarrassed by being unable to do even the simplest things.

I think I mentioned not too long ago that I'm going to do just meats/eggs/small bit of dairy for a while to get started...I'll probably have some small salads now and then but that's about it unless I really go nuts without more veggies!

Have to also get a plan written up for exercise....must start strengthening now!
Old 07-08-2013, 04:34 AM   #821

Happy Monday!!

I'm wayyyyy above where I should be right now and it's because I need to reign in my UDs. They are getting out of hand. Especially last night.

So, strict rotations for a while to get it back under control and nothing other than primal/paleo options....even on my UDs.....

It was when I reintroduced "off plan" food that I kind of went nuts.

It Proved I still can't handle grains or processed sugar. I'm also doing the day after crud with broken out skin, swelling, bloating, etc... It's sooooooo NOT worth it.

Some of my stressors will be easing up this week so I hope that helps with the wanting to eat food that isn't good for me personally.

Today is a 45 minute ride on the spin bike. We'll see how that goes since it's also testing day for one of the kiddos.
Old 07-08-2013, 06:58 AM   #822
Bike Tart

Well, now you know the things your body can't handle so you'll adjust accordingly....

I'm surprised that so much of the puffiness is already gone....will be drinking as much lemon water as I can to get rid of the rest....I'm going to start mostly meat and eggs today...I have some fresh veggies that need to be used so I'll make some salads with some of them and cook the others.....

Not sure what I'll be able to do for exercise...maybe some bike time on the recumbent...
Old 07-08-2013, 09:29 AM   #823

Glad the puffiness seems to be receding.

I'm struggling with today's DD and I know it's partly stress over the testing (which is done thank goodness) and partly to do with cravings triggered by eating non-primal yesterday.

I may go with a higher DD to accommodate.
Old 07-09-2013, 05:44 AM   #824

I went with a higher DD... closer to a MD(medium) and although down on the scale it isn't much.

This makes me want a DD today but I need to keep my rotations and try not to sweat it.

I'm at that point again where I want to start tweaking things because I'm not losing fast enough. But that is always when I get into trouble and eventually completely fail at what ever I'm doing.

So, I need to snap myself out of this mentality and take it one day and one rotation at a time. I will eventually get where I want to be. It just may not be as fast as I'd like to get there.

In the mean time I have a LOT of stress going on in my life right now and I have to work very very hard to not allow it to derail me either.

More school work with the little guy today. Hoping to have all the final work in sometime next week. Thank goodness school doesn't start till after labor day around here. Gives us somewhat of a summer before they start back up.
Old 07-09-2013, 05:47 AM   #825
Bike Tart

Good Morning! I had almost no sleep last night...have to go to Mom's this morning so I can't nap till later today and that will probably screw me up for sleeping tonight.

Had some eggs for breakfast but still hungry...maybe I'll make a small shake before I go to Mom's.

Not planning anything else much for today since I'm so tired....need to get my house ready for my brother/family's visit...they are coming Sat. instead of next week like he originally told me....so I have less time to be ready...
Old 07-10-2013, 04:33 AM   #826

Happy Wednesday!!

Today is an DD.. My UD yesterday went a lot better and the gain was smaller.

However I will not be even within spitting distance of the goal I had for my b'day and ID renewal so I'm a bit sad.

My ID doesn't actually expire until the end of next week so I'm hoping I can talk my DH into waiting until closer to time to take the photo. That way I can get a few more DD's under my belt and take care of the bloating from those two horrible UDs I had.

It'll all depend on his schedule of course. So, we'll see.....

I just really wanted there to be a VAST difference between the pictures so that even if I didn't make goal it would be obvious that there have been changes made.

Anyway, we're starting Autoimmune Paleo today to help out daughter so I'm sure that will also help me as well. It's going to be tough but I'm sure we can do it.
Old 07-10-2013, 06:21 PM   #827
Bike Tart

Had my appt. with at the GI dr. for the pre-colonoscopy/endoscopy stuff....up a few pounds but expected it because I'm still retaining....I'm sure it won't be gone tomorrow when I go for my annual physical...

I have my list of health issues and am hoping he can at least help with a few of them. I'm so tired of feeling this way....I have to do fasting bloodwork and the nurse that called today said I could do it tomorrow or later on....I was going to wait but what difference will it make...my numbers will still be the same as always....might as well get it over with. So nothing to eat or drink after 10:30 tonight....

Not feeling very hopeful about getting answers/treatments that work for me. I just feel like I'm never going to feel healthy or good again...

I know some of it has to do with all that's going on with Mom and feeling abandoned by my siblings.

I'll be hot tubbing tonight with DH so that's a good thing...hopefully I will sleep better tonight...need to get to bed earlier because my appt. tomorrow is at 8:30 a.m.
Old 07-11-2013, 05:33 AM   #828

I'm so sorry sweetie. I truly hope he'll find some helpful answers for you though.

I'm gradually coming back down on the scale. Only about halfway to where I wanted to be for my b'day but it's something I guess.

Next goal is to keep trying to reach the current one... hopefully by Labor Day.

I really want to finally make it and then continue to my next goal. This one is just getting tiresome. I've been trying to reach it for 2yrs(as of tomorrow I think).

No huge plans today since my daughter has her heart appointment.
Old 07-11-2013, 04:45 PM   #829
Bike Tart

Well, my appt. went pretty good this morning.....scale down 3 lbs from yesterday...BP fantastic. The sore on the side of my hip/butt is infected and I have a prescription for oral meds as well as a cream to put on it. I do have tendonitis so he gave me a few home exercises to do for it. I had xrays of my lower back to see why I feel discomfort/pressure there and he thinks I may have a pinched nerve in my butt which is causing the buzzing in my leg and numbness in my foot....I had fasting bloodwork done, too...I hope we'll get enough answers to get me back to somewhat normal! As for the weakness in my muscles I have to exercise....only way to get my strength back!

Food on plan all day so far! Went out to lunch and had a bunless bacon cheeseburger and side salad. Now to figure out something for dinner!

Hope your DD's tests went well today!
Old 07-12-2013, 06:31 AM   #830

Glad you had a good appointment. Hope things continue to improve.

I'm up on the scale today. Yesterday was technically an UD but I was careful and didn't have anything off plan so I'm not sure why honestly and I'm not going to fret over it.

Today is a DD so I'll be fasting until my belated b'day dinner.

I know we're having Pork Carnitas but I still haven't figured out the dessert. Having daughter on the autoimmune protocol puts a crimp in things. {{Sigh}}... I'll get it figured out....
Old 07-12-2013, 09:47 AM   #831
Bike Tart

I had 2 oz. of cream cheese for breakfast...it was fast and filling....had to go to Mom's early so Stepfather could go for his bloodwork....stopped for groceries on the way home...have to go back to Mom's after lunch for meeting with the social worker....then I'm coming home and going in the pool!

My brother/family are coming tomorrow evening and staying till Monday...I bought sandwich stuff but no bread...they can use lc tortillas or lettuce leaves....if I have bread in the house I'll just eat it. I don't have a problem passing on the tortillas...I like using lettuce leaves.
Old 07-13-2013, 04:52 AM   #832

I'm bad about bread too.

Well, I'm up on the scale yet again. I have a few ideas why that may be so. Plus after 2 days of celebrating my b'day I'm not exactly surprised. It was all on plan food but wayyyy too much. I can't remember my last full DD.

Today is supposed to be the dinner I picked out because we didn't get time to cook it last night. I'll fast most of the day and then try to keep dinner small.

I'm also back to considering that protein sparing fast again. If I were to start on say, Monday, for instance I would be well past my pre-surgery goal by the time I go to the endo again(end of august) and I may be well under 200 by the time I see the family again(end of October). So, I'm thinking it may be well worth it to find the money for it for 3 months. I'll bring it up to the DH yet again. He'll probably say no but I'm going to be really persuasive.
Old 07-13-2013, 07:52 AM   #833
Bike Tart

Good Morning! I wish I was one of those people that go lc/gluten free that lose their taste for bread/pasta, etc. I read how they've been on plan and now those foods taste bad to them....they are not tempted, etc.....that's not me....I love a good piece of bread, a baked potato or pasta no matter how long I go without it.... Oh, well....just one of the things I'll always have to battle...

Working on a list of what to serve for book club in 2 weeks...thinking of doing several dips with veggies/crackers/chips as dippers....I will get some lc stuff for me to use...the dessert is not lc but I had already promised to make it....I think I can make a small oopsie version for me....or I'll just have the filling (made with sf pudding) in a dish....

Anyways....scale is back to pre Disney...wish the puffy feet would go away....want to start exercising soon...still nervous about it because I don't want to aggravate any of my problems...so frustrating!

Good Luck with convincing your DH.... have a great dinner tonight..

I have a feeling my brother will call and ask me to order Chinese food for him to pick up on the way to my house....I'll do it but won't order anything for myself....

Planning on doing a little food prep today so I have on plan food for today and tomorrow...
Old 07-14-2013, 08:05 AM   #834

It was a no go with the DH. He said that since we're supporting daughter through her autoimmune protocol that my going on a plan that involves things with questionable ingredients wouldn't really be supporting her. I see his reasoning but it still irritates me.

So, I will continue on rotations for now I guess... Yesterday was the last big celebration day and I'm down a smidge. Not nearly enough but what can I do but roll with it.

Today is an official DD and I have plenty to keep me busy to get through it. Plus I'm swollen so I'll be drinking plenty of lemon water. Fun Fun....

Other than that just trying to deal with finishing up one school year with son while trying to set up a new school year for both kiddos. It's driving me batty.
Old 07-15-2013, 09:33 AM   #835

Okay, officially after all the birthday fun for 3 days I'm up 7lbs from my low.

BUT...

I'm exactly the same on the scale today as yesterday so that means I've stopped it in it's tracks and can begin the road back down again.

Thankfully my birthday only comes once a year.

Today is my first "official" DD. I've attempted a few that became more MDs than DDs while we were celebrating.

I'm having a higher DD than usual to get my body happy with them again. And so far I'm doing awesome....
Old 07-16-2013, 04:39 AM   #836

Happy Tuesday!!

Had my kind of high DD and it was definitely needed. I was so hungry all day. Today is supposed to be an UD but my stomach just doesn't want food. I'll probably fast until I have to eat.

Down 3lbs and 4lbs left to get to my current low. Then continuing down to the next set of 10's.

I'm still aiming for the goal I had for my b'day/ID renewal but I just want to make it before my Endo appointment. It's a little over 6wks away and I think I can do it. Or at least within kissing distance of it....
Old 07-16-2013, 06:13 AM   #837
Bike Tart

Good Morning! Survived the weekend visit with my brother/family! I love seeing having them here but the way they parent is so much different than me and it drives me nuts! They constantly warn of danger in every little thing and they over react when there is a bump or what the kids perceive as an injury...they have a lot of self induced chaos!

I forgot to weigh before breakfast....the numbers on the new scale are hard to read without my glasses, too. Feet still a bit puffy...wonder if that will go away before the end of summer?

Going to Mom's shortly then back home for some pool cleaning and then pool exercise!

Not sure about meals yet....stuff to use up today!

Going to try to make a dessert with frozen berries and heavy whipping cream....blend it in a Magic Bullet and it's supposed to be like soft serve ice cream....
Old 07-16-2013, 06:26 AM   #838

The berry dessert sounds good. Last night I did frozen banana "icecream" with homemade magic shell(enjoy life chocolate chips/coconut oil melted together) poured on top.

It was yummy!!
Old 07-17-2013, 04:33 AM   #839

Still working on it....

Still inching back down the scale....

Other than that, just finishing up the 4th grade with son and should have everything completely out of the house by the weekend. That will leave us 6wks before school to have some vacation time.

ID renewal will be on Friday and it looks like they no longer ask for weight and height. At least they didn't for son when he got his. So, as long as it looks different in the picture I'm happy.

I'll still post a ID comparison for everyone that's been asking on FB.

I guess that's pretty much it. Today is supposed to be a DD but yesterday's UD was more of a MD.... So, I'll play it by ear and go by hunger for now.
Old 07-17-2013, 06:51 AM   #840
Bike Tart

Good Morning! Scale down a tiny bit...I have ankles again...finally!

The "ice cream" was pretty good but I want to try to do it in the food processor instead of the magic bullet....can make more than a single serving that way. First batch had a bit too much cream so it was runnier (is that a word)...after that it was a bit firmer but definitely not the thickness of ice cream.....still very good and I'll definitely make it again...maybe tonight!

Today is massage day....looking forward to it!

I'm going to spend some time today looking for recipes that will be good for my book club next week....I have a couple ideas but need a few more...

Better get going...need to shower, go to Mom's and then massage....have some stuff to get together to take along (including lunch stuff!)