Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2013, 04:44 AM   #781
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: DarkSiren
WOE: What Ever it Takes!!!!
Start Date: Recommited January 2014
Happy Thursday!!

Bounce is slowly coming back down. I found myself looking at the fasting website again thinking about ordering.

Can't afford it so can't do it but jeez..

I really just want to get through this weight area... get past my low from pre-surgery 2yrs ago and just move on from here.

I'm tired of being stuck.

The homemade shakes brought me down about 10lbs... The FF helped me through a wall that I always have trouble with....

But with the TOM gain I'm right back to just under that wall...

Literally JUST under by only .25 but at least I'm under I guess...

Now to figure out how to keep it going.....

I really want to hit that pre-surgery low before my b'day in 4wks.
DarkSiren is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-13-2013, 06:41 AM   #782
Bike Tart

Gallery: mamagiff
WOE: general low carb
Good Morning! Heading to Mom's in a few minutes...got the new scale yesterday but need to put batteries in it...so no weighing today.

Did 2 sets of squats yesterday so I'll aim for at least 3 sets today.

Not sure what we'll be eating....need to go through the freezer and get stuff out to thaw. I think I have salad stuff in there and I know I have hb eggs so I'll make egg salad later...
mamagiff is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 04:31 AM   #783

Keep up the good work with the squats and stuff.

Not doing so good here. It seems the more my back hurts, and the less I move because of the pain, the more I gain.

Yup, the scale is yet again back up. This time I'm 6lbs from the pre-TOM low and TOM ended on Monday I believe.

Trying shakes only today and lots of heating pads, etc.... to see if that will help.
Old 06-15-2013, 05:46 AM   #784

And let the bouncing commence.....

Up a pound... Down a pound.... rinse and repeat. I got under the current set point only to have my body create a new one.

Fasting until the DH's b'day lunch(official b'day is tomorrow). Then I'll be getting a chicken salad, no croutons or garlic bread.

Hopefully the chicken itself isn't cooked in a way that it'll cause issues.

When we get back we'll be setting up his cake and presents. I won't be having any of the cake. He and the kids are also not big cake eaters so we'll only get a teeny tiny one. I offered to bake a grain free one but he didn't want to put me out with everything else I was doing.

Now I'm off to call the A/C guy yet again and get my shower so we can head out for a quick errand before lunch.
Old 06-16-2013, 04:41 AM   #785

Happy Father's Day!!

Today is officially DH's too.

We decided to split it up over the weekend so we were trying to cram all the fun into one day. I am so very glad we did. We were so exhausted yesterday that we all came home and napped.

I'm letting everyone sleep in right now while I try to get all the last minute Father's Day stuff together then I'll go get the kids up so we can carry it all to DH. Today won't be as busy celebration wise but unfortunately will be busy with getting ready for a new week.

Hope you have a great day with all your sweeties!!!
Old 06-16-2013, 09:13 AM   #786
Bike Tart

to your DH! Hope you all have a great day!

Yesterday was a long day....drove 3 hours to meet DS2 and "hand off" his DD so she can spend the week with them and then ride with them to Disney....had a bunless burger for lunch.....got back to town after another 3 hours and went to BIL's house to have dinner with him and his fiancee and one other BIL...then home to crash!

Went in hot tub with DS1 for a bit and had a long talk about diet and exercise....again.....I think I have a plan for getting movement throughout the day...along with the squats and step ups I'm going to do some rebounder and bike time....treadmill and outdoor walking....sounds like a lot but will actually be only 15-20 minutes of each throughout the day...we are going walk "laps" on our street in the evenings....it's a short street so we'll do maybe 3-5 laps to begin with. I'm so out of shape that I know that each thing I do won't be for long to start.

As for food....need to have another talk with DH about bringing home food that is not on plan and about being more supportive of my choices....he's very supportive till he gets a craving and then brings crap home.

Once DS moves to his new house in Sept. it will be much easier for me because I won't have to make dinner...I can just do something really light for me...

I tried my new scale and, sadly, it was closer to the dr. office scale than I had hoped....I have such a long way to go now....

We gladly feast on those who would subdue us! - Addams Family Creed

My Facebook
Old 06-17-2013, 12:36 PM   #787
Bike Tart

Nothing new here other than me jamming my toe really bad yesterday....ouch! It really hurts but I don't think it's broken....

Lots to do this week to get ready for vacation....hope I can get it all done. Decided I don't care what people think of my fat arms...getting some tank tops and wearing them at Disney! I'm also going to get some funky big jewelry and I bought some colored hair chalk to use while I'm there! I might as well be a little over the top! LOL!

Food has been good today...heading down to the treadmill in a few minutes to see if I can walk for a bit. Will also try to get some squats in today.

Have to meet DS in town at 6 p.m. and then do some errands while there....good thing DH is off today and can go along!
Old 06-17-2013, 12:45 PM   #788

You'll definitely want those tanks at Disney. It can get hot down there.

Hope your toe feels better and isn't broken.

Rough couple days food wise. I tried to keep cals down to compensate for not being 100% on plan. Still paid with swelling and a gain of course.

Currently 6lbs up from my current low and only 4wks from when I go get my ID.

We've pushed our trip a bit further out(because of scheduling issues) so at least I'll have more time before I see family.

Been pretty much fasting/shaking today. Hope to be down at least 3lbs of swelling tomorrow which isn't unheard of.
Old 06-18-2013, 04:37 AM   #789

Weekend choices for food still affecting me evidently. In spite of being near perfect yesterday and expecting at least some swelling to be gone... It's not and I'm only down .25 today. {{sigh}}

I'm going to do all shakes for a few days to reset. I'm tired of this.
Old 06-18-2013, 09:32 AM   #790
Bike Tart

Scale down a little....hope it continues...I am so nervous about food on our trip...will do my best but not sure it will be good enough.

Toe is bruised but I don't think it's broken. Sore and discolored.

So much to do but fooling around with new TV instead...LOL! Heading out for a couple of errands and then back to pack! After that I have to clean...my brother and family are coming mid July...and we're doing our annual 4th of July picnic when we get back from Disney!
Old 06-19-2013, 04:50 AM   #791

I'm nervous about food on our trip as well. It'll be 3 days of driving down and 3 days of driving back. Plus staying at two relatives homes and one or two hotels. It's a mess honestly.

I've been stockpiling healthy primal snacks such as lara bars, fruit leathers, nuts, seeds, and portable nut butters to have on hand. I'll probably grab bags of oranges, bananas, and apples.

None of us are doing soda(just water) except hubby who needs the caffeine since he does the majority of driving.

I may bake as well but don't want to make anything that may cause bathroom issues for anyone like the items that use coconut flour.

But I also don't want to lean too heavily on fruit and nuts. Neither are good in huge quantities. I'll get it figured out hopefully... especially since I have a few more weeks before I really have to stock up completely.

As for the scale, it's slowly going down. I've been worried that I will go hog wild on the trip and I have an appointment when we come back. So, I'll be picking up one of those really small portable scales to pack in the suitcase. I'll get it synced up with my home scale and then use it to keep an eye on things while we're gone.

I'm sure that seems obsessive but if it keeps me from pigging out every day then I feel it's worth it. Especially since eating "vacation style" always makes me sick and miserable.

Now to just focus on getting as much off as possible now then I'll be doing Up Day/Down Day rotations(and keeping it as primal as possible) while we're traveling to hopefully maintain.
Old 06-19-2013, 10:21 AM   #792
Bike Tart

I'm working on travel snacks, too....so far I'm just making a trail mix....we'll pack some cheese cubes and maybe a little fruit...will have to see what's left in the fridge when it's time to go.

Scale down a smidge....hungry but not sure what I want to eat...

Packing, cleaning, etc. today....would rather lounge out in the sun for a bit but no time...heading to Mom's in about an hour....need to get cleaned up and dressed but will have lunch first....

We can do this!!!
Old 06-20-2013, 04:30 AM   #793

We're doing the whole trail mix thing too.

Scale is slowly coming down again. But the key word there is slowly.

I need it to move a smidge faster.

I should be happy it's moving but I want to meet at least ONE of my goals before my b'day.

Don't think I'll make it though.

Still going to keep trying.
Old 06-20-2013, 07:16 AM   #794
Bike Tart

Little bounce up today but I think I know why so I'm not going to stress about it...

Have to do an errand this morning for my son and then back home to finish packing, cleaning, etc. DH is going to drain the hot tub today and leave it empty while we're gone...it's time for changing the water so this is perfect....we can turn off the power to the tub and save a few pennies by not having it running while we're gone.

Going this afternoon to get my hair touched up a bit and trimmed around the edges so it looks nice for the trip.

Slept lousy last night so I'm going to attempt to get to bed early tonight...we hope to leave really early tomorrow so I'd like to be well rested....

Better get going and get stuff done...
Old 06-21-2013, 03:24 AM   #795

Morning,

Busy day/weekend/month ahead.

I'm up this morning but the combo of a salty dinner and a broken A/C is what did it so not too worried yet.

A smidge over 3wks till my new ID picture so it's time to kick things into super high gear. Plus I'd really like to get back into my summer clothes from the summer I had my surgery.

That's pretty much it here I guess....
Old 06-22-2013, 04:53 AM   #796

Happy Weekend!!

Hope you're enjoying your trip so far!!

I'm choosing not to weigh after yesterday's Up Day. Just not worth the stress of seeing the number go up. I must say I really enjoyed myself within reason. No stuffing to the gills knowing that I can do it again in a couple days.

That's what's so nice about Up Day/Down Day rotations.

One of the reasons I went back to it is because I'd become afraid of calories again. Stressed about eating very little and not losing enough. Plus I needed to shake things up a bit. Keep the body guessing and hopefully it'll let me get down to the next set point.

Today is a DD and I'm extremely glad to have it. So far I'm just doing black coffee until I'm ready to eat. Then I have plenty of yummy low cal options waiting for me to get me through the day.

Other than that I have to work like a maniac on paperwork, the house, and somewhere in there have fun with the family.

I need to be at least 3 people right now.
Old 06-23-2013, 05:23 AM   #797

Happy Sunday!!

And I'm DOWN on the scale big time after a really good DD.

Today is an Up Day but I'm nervous about it. I'm just hoping by being fully back into complete rotations I'll be ready for the trip in a few weeks and can just continue as closely as possible to my cals.

It'll be hard when we do eat out though because not all places have a fully customizable menu. I did go on my tablet last night playing around with different restaurants that had customizable menus to see what I could have. It's really funny because usually it would be the kids menu that I would have to order from.
Old 06-24-2013, 04:40 AM   #798

Happy Monday!!

The scale is up after my UD but it's not bad at all.

I got within 100cals of my UD limit(under) so I'm happy with that as well. And although I did indulge in some evening ice cream with the guys..... since our A/C is broke and it was either that or roast all night..... It was the only thing even remotely "off plan" so I'm pretty happy.

This will help set me up for the 80/20 primal that I'm going to "try" to stick to during our 2 to 3wks of travel. Because who wants to be perfect when they're in new places and experiencing new things.

Anyway, today is a DD and I'm looking forward to it at the moment. We'll see how I feel as the day progresses.

I forgot I was forgoing my usual coconut milk in my coffee so I had some in my first one. The rest for the day will be black.

I'm going to attempt to stick to my true DD cals by the calculator and not the "at least under 500" rule that I usually stick to.

Again... we'll see how that goes...

Family and I have started our Primal workouts again. Saturday was a 10 minute intense strength session that I'm still sore from. Sunday was 2hrs of hiking. The weather didn't cooperate so we "hiked" the mall.

Today will be a 45 minute bike ride and a walk after dinner. If the weather doesn't cooperate for the walk we'll do Wii Dance.
Old 06-25-2013, 04:47 AM   #799

Happy Tuesday!!

I'm down that UD pound plus 2 more.

I'm not going to make my goals but at this point as long as I follow a downward trend I'm just going to go with it.

Today is an UD again and I'm going to thoroughly enjoy it primal style.

I won't have a "cheat" UD until my DS's b'day on Thursday. I will try to stick to my plan as close as possible but I'm also not going to freak if I have a piece of cake.
Old 06-26-2013, 04:34 AM   #800

Happy Wednesday!!

To say I was in complete shock this morning would be an understatement.

I thoroughly enjoyed all my calories yesterday. Even had some icecream but otherwise the rest of the day was completely on my WOE.

Woke up this morning to a 2lb loss. I'm only 1lb away from my "current low".

So, if my DD goes just as awesome I should lose at least that pound if not a few extra and blow right past that sticking point that caused me to bounce right back up. Hoping that I not only do that but also continue right on into the next set of 10's.

Hope you're having fun on your trip.

Now I'm off to figure out my calorie spread for the day.
Old 06-26-2013, 04:44 AM   #801
Bike Tart

Good Morning! Looks like you're doing great this week!

I'm nowhere near the wagon...I don't feel like I have over indulged but I've eaten off plan foods. I am having a lot of trouble walking and my feet are really puffy . We rented a wheelchair for me yesterday....hated having to do that but I would haves missed a lot more if we hadn't. Not sure of the plans today

Last edited by mamagiff; 06-26-2013 at 04:50 AM..
Old 06-27-2013, 04:42 AM   #802

It's okay hon... You can take this learning experience and jump back on the wagon once you get back.

My rotations seem to be working miracles right now and I just hope it continues until my ID renewal.

I not only got back to my most recent low but I broke through it to the other side. Only 2lbs till the next set of 10's then I'll consider myself completely through this wall.

Today is an Up Day and just in time for DS's 10th b'day.

Where did the time go??!!
Old 06-28-2013, 05:23 AM   #803

TGIF!!!

I'm up a pound as expected after the birthday UD fun with DS and family.

I made very sure to stay as close to clean eating as possibly but ended up with the muchies before bed. The sodium from that probably is what did me in.

Otherwise I was on point with my cals and I'm extremely happy about that.

Ready for today's DD.

Black coffee till I'm ready to eat.

I've also been planning out my DD's ON my UD's so that I'm not stressing about food during that time. Of course I have alternative options in case something doesn't sound good but otherwise I at least have a direction to go in.

Yesterday was a 45 minute(easy) ride on the spin bike. Today will be a 30 minute sprint session on it.

Hope you're continuing to have fun. It sure looks like it from all the pics.

Old 06-29-2013, 06:09 AM   #804

Happy Saturday!!

Hope you're trip is wrapping up nicely.

I'm sure even though you'll miss the little ones it'll be nice to be home and back into a routine.

Today is an UD

I am down the last UD swelling plus a smidge more so the downward trend is continuing though slowly at this point.

Today is the finishing up of DS's b'day fun(lots of walking) plus a 10 minute intense body weight workout. Hopefully that will offset the b'day cake.
Old 06-29-2013, 06:33 AM   #805
Bike Tart

Heading home! Looking forward to my own bed and having better control over food! I'm so puffy and sunburned along with the aches and pains but had a great time!

Will post more later...posting from the car is challenging!
Old 06-30-2013, 04:28 AM   #806

Happy Sunday!!

Have a safe trip home!!

So, yesterday's UD was lived to it's fullest and I am up 2lbs.

Reason for joy?? Because it wasn't more. LOL

I was even able to enjoy the junk food/b'day cake and stay well within my cals.

I think the only reason I'm up is due to the swelling from the theater popcorn. I tried really hard to avoid it. Even took a protein bar but who can go to a movie without popcorn?? Not me evidently.....

We're going to a lot of movies this summer so I'll have to figure something else out. Especially since not all of them will fall so conveniently on an UD I'm sure.

Today is a DD and I'm happy for it. Until my b'day on the 11th I'm going to keep all rotations primal/paleo clean to hopefully encourage extra loss. We'll see how that goes.

Today is supposed to be a 2hr hike but it's raining so I'm not sure what we'll do. Maybe play Wii Dance or something.

Gotta run!!

Take Care!!
Old 07-01-2013, 04:55 AM   #807

Happy Monday!!

I'm down my UD weight but nothing really extra at this point. TOM showed up a few days early so I'm just happy I don't have my huge gain.

I finally got in the swing of things so I'm really hoping I can stick to my rotations strictly during this month and keep it from derailing me like last month.

I won't meet my personal goals but I'm going in the right direction and I seriously need to focus on that right now. Otherwise I'm going to do what I did a year ago when I was losing but not quick enough(for me) and just totally mess up and end up right back at the beginning again a year from now.

Not going to allow that to happen again. I could have been down around 50+lbs by now if I hadn't messed up and that's at only a 1lb a week. I was definitely doing better than that.

Sometimes I am my own worst enemy.

Anyway, that's neither here nor there. I am doing good now and plan to continue for as long as it works. And a slow down in losses doesn't mean it's not working.

Remind me of that later.

Today is an easy 45 on the spin bike but we'll see how TOM makes me feel later. May not be up to it.
Old 07-01-2013, 07:20 AM   #808
Bike Tart

We got home safely later in the afternoon yesterday....what a relief to be home! I need a vacation from my vacation! LOL! So much to do the next few days to get ready for our picnic on Thursday.

Still very puffy from traveling...lots of lemon water or ACV water in the next few days should take care of that.

I think that for the rest of the week I'm going to try to just do meat/eggs/shakes and a little dairy....need to get a jump start on getting back on track. So I'll get a bunch of meat when I go to the grocery store, I'll cook a bunch of eggs today to make egg salad and just get things prepared so I don't reach for other things (although there certainly isn't much to reach for right now!)

Just need to figure out what exercises I can do that won't aggravate all the aches/pains I have right now.

I need to put my own health/fitness first again....I have let things slide too long and I'm not doing anyone any good if I don't take better care of myself....

Off to shower and get out to do my errands!
Old 07-02-2013, 05:42 AM   #809

Happy Tuesday!!

Hope some of the swelling has eased up for you.

I am exactly, to the ounce, the same on the scale today.

That's after an enjoyable, completely primal/paleo, UD yesterday.

I'm ready for today's DD and have it planned out. Lately I've been doing the numbers on DD's for.... what I weigh now, what my next goal is, and what my big goal is.

I aim for the smaller amount and try not to go above the larger one. As time has gone on it's been easier and easier to stick to the lower number.

A friend has been thinking/trying to do the program as well so I've been sharing my weight chart(without the weights on it. LOL) to show her to not be afraid of the UD bounces. Every time I send her an updated chart it just tickles me how awesome I'm doing right now.

I may not make any goals right this minute but if I continue just trucking along I will make one really major one by the time Labor Day rolls around.

Literally only dieting every other day instead of restricting every day and getting nowhere like I was before.

Realizing how much of a dork I was for stopping before because I was "only" losing 2 to 3lbs a week just irritates me to no end.

I will NOT stop this time.
Old 07-02-2013, 06:36 AM   #810
Bike Tart

I'm glad it's working for you!

I'm much less puffy today....still staying off the scale for now...

Busy day planned....have to go to Mom's and then to Sam's Club for picnic stuff...then back home to get as much done as I can...I think I should clean the bathrooms today so I'm not doing them at the last minute! Kitchen is a disaster, too....

I'm off to get some breakfast and get to Mom's....meeting with the RN today....