Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2013, 08:12 AM   #751
Bike Tart

Gallery: mamagiff
WOE: general low carb
Good Morning! I'm done with my pity party....I think the problem is just that we need a new scale....well, that's not the only problem...LOL! Anyways, sticking with what I'm doing for now...I feel good and it may or may not be the right thing to do right now but with all the stuff coming up in the next month I just can't make a lot of changes....I can tweak a little here and there but nothing too drastic for now. Once we get to mid July I can make bigger changes. As usual, I will just do the best I can....

I can make my own shakes so I need to incorporate them more....I need to find the time (or make the time!) to do them....I like the shakes but too often I am in a rush and don't want to bother with them...

Off to get the house ready for our overnight guests (tonight!) and get my shower before heading to Mom's after lunch....no rest for me! At least I'm sleeping better again now that I'm on the newest BP meds....forgot to mention that my BP was normal at the dr. office yesterday....that's unusual!

We gladly feast on those who would subdue us! - Addams Family Creed

My Facebook
mamagiff is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-31-2013, 03:51 PM   #752
Bike Tart

Soooo, after spending some time on the phone getting an appt. for a colonoscopy and endoscopy I think that I will follow the diet they are sending me to do for the week or so before the procedures.....I will stay as low carb/high fat as possible but I know that this is a different diet than I normally follow. As it gets to within a few days of the procedures I'll do just shakes and bone broth...I am not required to do their diet other than a week before the procedure but I'm thinking maybe it would be good to start when I get the info just to see if it will be helpful for me. If nothing else it will be a nice change for a while....
Old 05-31-2013, 06:12 PM   #753
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: DarkSiren
WOE: What Ever it Takes!!!!
Start Date: Every Day is a New Start
Hope it works out for you hon!!

I decided to just eat normal today. Had one shake early in the day and then regular food the rest of the time.

I needed a small break.

I'm thinking about a fat fast for the weekend then back to shakes on Monday. Or regular food this weekend and fat fasting next week.

I'll see how I feel when I wake up in the morning.
DarkSiren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 06:06 AM   #754

Happy Weekend!!

I'm still undecided how I'm going to treat this weekend.

Other than the fact that I'm bummed to be up 2lbs of swelling just from eating normal.

And I had a tummy ache last night just from eating normal.

I forgot just how long I'd been doing mostly shakes and didn't ease my way back into the food like I should have.

So, I'm fasting this weekend either way... I just need to decide if I'm Fat Fasting or doing all shakes with no fillers.

That comes out to either all fat and very little protein or all protein and very little fat.... ugh... I don't know...

Right now it's just my usual starter coffee which I take black with no sugar these days.

I have an hour or so before I actually get hungry and I'll decide by which ever plan appeals more.

Gotta run and get some chores done. DH is heading home today!! Woo Hoo

Old 06-02-2013, 05:06 AM   #755

Happy Sunday!!

So yesterday ended up being about the protein powder and coconut oil shakes. I got rid of the carbs from the milk powder to see how that would do.

I got rid of my swelling from the previous day but nothing extra.

Today I need crunch and will be taking the kiddos to the movies so I need a way to deal with that so I'll be doing a macadamia nut fat fast. I already have my servings dolled out into little ziplock bags. So, I'm all ready to go.

Other than that.... DH made it home safe and sound.

We have groceries to get restocked on perishables but otherwise I still have tons of meat in the freezer.

All rightie.. Gotta run for now. HOpe you have an awesome day!!!

Old 06-02-2013, 07:28 AM   #756
Bike Tart

Good Morning! Made it through all the funeral stuff for friend's Mom...food choices were ok....could have done better but it is what it is...

Need to plan meals for next weekend when DS2/family are here...

I looked over the low residue diet plan and it can easily be low carbed....if you leave out the grains it's basically primal except for some of the veggies....I can do that. I definitely want to incorporate more shakes....

I really need to get more consistent with workouts, too....I hope to do that this week.

Glad your DH made it home safe!

My DH's work hours will be changing next week...not too thrilled about it....he'll be working 4 p.m. to 4 a.m. Work 2 days, 2 days off, work 2 days, 3 days off and so on....he has his schedule for the rest of the year and all the times we are supposed to take Kayli to St. Louis or pick her up from St. Louis are work weekends....so DS1 and I will drive her halfway and DS2 will meet us to get her or to give her to us....I had really hoped for some weekends in St. Louis over the summer....
Old 06-03-2013, 05:35 AM   #757

Sorry about the friend's loss.

Sounds like you have an idea for your plan. Hope it all falls into place for you. Sorry about not being able to do a full weekend in St. Louis. Hope you manage to work one out anyway.

So, yesterday was movies and shopping with the guys. I took 5 servings of mac nuts as a fat fast for the day and was rewarded with the rest of the swelling gone as well as a little extra.

I don't think I'll meet my second main goal which is under 200 by my b'day or the trip to visit family but I'm going to still keep trying. I will however make my goal of pre-surgery(hernia/legs) weight from 2yrs ago. In fact I'm fairly certain I will shoot right past it into completely new territory.

Now I need to decide if I want another Fat Fast today or to go back on shakes. Really depends on whether or not I want to crunch today.

Oh and on another weight loss note. I was feeling kind of crummy because of how my tummy roll looked in a window when we were walking into a store yesterday. Then we got to the movies and hit the restrooms first like usual. While I was standing in front of the mirror I realized the reason for the roll was because I need to go down a size in my pants now.

AND

My stomach doesn't look all swollen and bloated anymore. I was in complete shock how much difference a few weeks makes.

And so so happy, that I can deal with the roll created by the deflate for now. LOL

For so long I had started looking like an apple shape when in reality I'm a very exaggerated hourglass... Very full hips and Very Full Bust.

It's so nice to see my shape starting to come back.
Old 06-04-2013, 05:21 AM   #758

Happy Tuesday!!

Back to our regular schedule today.

I'm thankful for normal days sometimes.

I am definitely down some more today after a second macadamia nut Fat Fast day. Unfortunately I'm getting sick of macs. And was about ready to chew an arm off by the end of the day.

I'm either going to try another FF day with regular food. Or just go back to shakes with the lean and green dinner. We'll see how I feel when I'm ready to eat.

I'm only about 20lbs from my low pre-surgery. So, it's getting so close I can almost touch it.
At the rate that I'm currently losing I will definitely make that particular goal by my b'day.
Just really hoping that I can continue to as close to under 200 as possible by then instead. {{fingers crossed}}

Last edited by DarkSiren; 06-04-2013 at 05:24 AM..
Old 06-04-2013, 09:01 AM   #759

So, I broke my morning "fast" with moderate carbs, moderate protein, moderate fat, low cals.

I think I'll basically continue that trend for the day but keep the carbs down a smidge, keep the cals low, and take the fat and protein up.

We'll see how that pans out on the scale tomorrow.

I kind of like changing it up day by day. Seems to keep the body guessing. Of course I still try to keep it as close to Primal as possible while doing this. Fairly easy if you're eating whole foods.
Old 06-04-2013, 02:55 PM   #760
Bike Tart

Sounds like you're doing great, Dawn!

I'm hanging in there....stayed off the scale due to puffy feet....I had some Dreamfield's yesterday and I'm sure that's the cause.

I'm going to start doing shakes for dinner...first one is tonight. I need to come up with a shake recipe that is filling for DS so I'm going to do some research tonight. He said a shake alone is not enough when he gets home from work so I'm thinking maybe I should find some sort of snack for him to have on the way home from work...he usually has his lunch around noonish but often doesn't get home from work till about 7 p.m. That's too long to go without something....need to make something lc and portable...

I have a menu figured out for the weekend....DS2/family are coming and I want to try to keep everything as lc as possible.

Better get going and try to get some exercise in....DH brought the rebounder up from the basement and it's in the garage...need to change my clothes and find my mp3 player....I can probably only bounce one or two songs right now but then I'll move to the indoor bike for about 15-20 minutes....it's a start....
Old 06-05-2013, 04:43 AM   #761

Happy Wednesday!!

My week feels off since the DH decided to take Monday off.

I'm up .2 today and TOM is in the house. So, that is awesome considering the free for all that happened for dinner after a stressful afternoon and TOM cravings that hit me all at once. Compared to most people it wasn't much but compared to what I've been eating lately it was a HUGE amount of food in one sitting.

Not sure what I'm going to do today. Haven't had breakfast yet and not really feeling it yet. Probably coffee for a while then. I'm also going to look up what they say I "should" be eating during this part of my cycle out of curiosity. Might be something I'm in the mood for.
Old 06-05-2013, 05:27 PM   #762
Bike Tart

Well, we went and bought a TV today....will be delivered next Wed. We chose delivery so they haul the old one away and we don't have to deal with it.

Have to go for bloodwork tomorrow morning so I am trying to be careful of what I eat....need something for dinner but not sure what I want...maybe just some eggs or a shake. Lots of water because it's always hard for them to find a vein and my blood is very thick and slow to fill the tube...

Not much else going on today....I've got a few chores to do tonight and then I'm going to do a quick home pedi....
Old 06-06-2013, 04:32 AM   #763

Happy Thursday!!

I ate a normal low carb high fat day yesterday until dinner then I went carb and sodium heavy because of TOM cravings.

I was rewarded with a huge gain and swelling this morning.

It wasn't anything off plan so I'm fine but it's still irritating.

I think my total TOM gain is 3.4lbs so compared to my usual 5 to 10lb gains during this time... I guess I'm doing much better.

I'm thinking about another FF for the next few days because really what I think I'm seriously wanting is fat and salt not the junk that they usually get put on.

So, I'll experiment a bit with high fat shakes and the like. With some sea salt added in to see if this help with cravings, fluid retention, etc......

I have also read that cocoa powder helps with cravings so I'll be adding to to my FF meals to see if it helps. I really really hope it does. I don't want to undo all the hard work I've done recently.
Old 06-06-2013, 05:14 AM   #764
Bike Tart

Good Morning! Going for bloodwork in an hour so no food for me yet....have to make something to take along to eat when I get done. Will have DH drop me off at Mom's while he then goes to MIL's house to repair her shower....

Lots to get done today...DS2/family are coming tonight! Can't wait to see them!
Old 06-06-2013, 11:38 AM   #765

Hope the blood work went well.

I went ahead and did a FF although I'm having a little trouble getting my fat up where I want it. Still around 75% and I'd much prefer at least 80%+....

We'll see where the rest of the day takes me.
Old 06-06-2013, 12:20 PM   #766
Bike Tart

Good luck with the FF.....

Blood draw went as usual....my veins go into hiding and they have to go to my hands...got it on the second try...I'll probably get a call next week telling me I have to go on cholesterol meds....um, no.....not taking them.

Break time is over...lots to get done today! Baby Ruth will be here around midnight!
Old 06-07-2013, 05:23 AM   #767

I'm glad you're refusing the meds. I hate when people get sucked into that. My Mom and Dad included. They are still taking them but working on getting off them. I hope it's before the damage has been done.

Have fun with your family!!!!

The scale came down after yesterday's FF and I only have 1.8 more of TOM bloat left. That's really awesome for being in the middle of it still.

I can only hope and that at the end not only will the rest go but quite a few of it's friends.... as long as I'm strict with myself of course.

I debated whether to go high carb, moderate protein today and drop the fat for a shake up.

When it came time to eat though I ended up making a coffee/shake/hot cocoa concoction that is more FF friendly. So, I'll just roll with it. My body evidently knows what it needs right now.
Old 06-07-2013, 06:28 PM   #768

So today was a high fat day in the end but it was also high calorie. I just felt I needed to eat.

After going back over the last couple weeks I'm noticing that I am naturally doing an Up Day/Down Day rotation. One day I'm really hungry the next I'm not.

I had already been considering doing this on vacation so that I wouldn't gain any of the weight back... hopefully... So, it's kind of interesting that I can do this naturally without much thought.

So taking this into consideration tomorrow will probably fall under a Down Day and I'll see if I'm in the mood for carb/protein, fat, or fat/protein.

I'm hoping by following what my body wants that in the end I'm getting a well rounded nutritional profile. Once I can get to a store I'll probably pick up a vitamin/mineral supplement as well just in case. Not sure when that will be since we're having a tropical storm this weekend.

Last edited by DarkSiren; 06-07-2013 at 06:29 PM..
Old 06-08-2013, 05:00 AM   #769

Happy Weekend!!

And because of yesterday's Up Day style I'm up quite a bit from pre-TOM....

Now I'm at my normal 5lbs.... Actually 4.4lbs up but close enough.....

Regular FF today to get that bloat back off and hopefully continue downward with a new low on Monday.

Running out of time...... Exactly 5wks from Monday till I go into the ID office and get a new one. I really want to have a HUGE difference in pictures.
Old 06-09-2013, 04:45 AM   #770

Happy Sunday!!

This weekend has so far NOT been what I'd planned either with work or with eating.

Starting fresh today. FF yet again.... Hopefully it'll get the now 6lbs of bloat back off.

I ate all on plan foods but wayyyyy too may and too much sodium.

My only excuse is that TOM really messed with my emotions and cravings the last few days. But now
that it's easing off hopefully that means the cravings will as well. I now know that FF'ing during TOM is
not going to happen and I'll have to have another plan in place for next month.

Last edited by DarkSiren; 06-09-2013 at 04:47 AM..
Old 06-09-2013, 07:51 PM   #771
Bike Tart

We had a great weekend, as you can see if you saw my pics on FB! So much fun crammed into so little time!

I'm so puffy from eating a small amount of wheat but it will go down soon, I hope.

This week starts DH's new work hours....it may take some time to get used to it.

We are going nuts with no TV till Wed. I don't know how people can give it up...not that we watch a lot but when we can't watch unless we go in the bedroom, it's just so quiet. I don't like watching in the bedroom so I haven't watched at all....I guess I could go downstairs but I haven't done that, either....

Need to make food for DS's lunch tomorrow and then it's hot tub time and bedtime after that....
Old 06-10-2013, 08:59 AM   #772

Glad you had such a good weekend!!

Mine was crazy as per usual. I don't think I'd know what to do with myself if I ended up with a quiet one, with nothing to do.

I'm only down about a pound of the bloat but TOM is heading out the door. If I play my cards right hopefully that bloat plus a few friends will head out with him.

Other than that just trying to bust through the end of the school year and get ready for summer fun.
Old 06-10-2013, 04:24 PM   #773
Bike Tart

Did a little online shopping for some tops for our trip....also got a new swimsuit for the hot tub...the one I have for hot tubbing is not fitting quite right anymore...stretched out and uncomfortable.

We made grilled hot dogs wrapped in bacon for lunch...I was going to have salad, too, but never got around to making it....guess I'll have the salad for dinner instead. Maybe I'll add a scoop of chicken salad to it.

Going to attempt the 30 day squat challenge that's been going around the internet...I'll have to split up each day because there's no way I can do all at once. This will be good prep for kettlebells....need to also do some time on the rebounder as well as the bike. And a few upper body exercises....guess I better get off the computer and do them now!
Old 06-11-2013, 05:06 AM   #774

I still need to get a swimsuit. I keep putting it off and I gave my Mom all the ones that I had last summer that would have fit me again. Oops....

She's probably too small for them now because her weight has continued down where as mine is only just starting to go back down.

The TOM bloat is slowly but surely going away... but why oh why does it take twice as long for it to go away as it took to gain it??!!

I now have about 4.5wks till my b'day and 5wks till my ID picture. I'm not sure which goals I'll make by then. I'm just going to keep trudging along and hope that I make at least one if not both.
Old 06-11-2013, 07:49 AM   #775
Bike Tart

Well, we went to Walmart and didn't find a scale....where the heck do they keep them? I'll check out a few other places this week...till then I'll just do my best.

I did some wall pushups yesterday and will not being doing them again till this tendonitis in my arm goes away...ouch!!! Today so far I have done 10 squats and 10 step ups...heading for the bike in a few minutes and will do 10 minutes...will repeat this throughout the day.

Had the last of the hot dogs we grilled yesterday for breakfast....lunch is undecided as is dinner.

DH started his new work schedule last night and is sleeping now...probably will get up in about 2 hours or so....I need to do quiet stuff till then....don't want to disturb him. I'll finish putting winter clothes into bins for the basement, wash bedding in guest room, do some online bill paying....

They are coming to haul away the old TV today...new one comes tomorrow morning! Yay!

No word yet about the blood work.....I hope I don't have to argue with the nurse again....it always makes me feel bad.
Old 06-11-2013, 09:57 AM   #776
Bike Tart

Got the call about the cholesterol a few minutes ago...numbers better than last time but LDL still higher than he wants and suggested meds but I said no, I will continue with diet and exercise to the best of my ability....she said she would ask if he had any other suggestions...
Old 06-11-2013, 10:46 AM   #777

Glad there was some improvement. Hope you can figure out a way to continue improving.

Have you read that article about how women's numbers should be higher anyway?? Do yours fall within those parameters?

My food today has been interesting. I started out wanting to have a protein shake with lean and green kind of day. But by 1pm I had wayyyyy too much coffee just trying to avoid being hungry.

Finally decided that maybe I should listen to my body and eat but probably ate wayyyyy more than I should have. Finished off some homemade guac(probably 4T worth) with some pork rinds(probably about an ounce). These aren't "bad" but definitely calorically(is that even a word? LOL) dense. ugh

Once I was done with that my hunger was into overdrive so I ended up slicing a very small organic green apple and pairing it with some mild cheddar(block kind to avoid the added starch).

That plus the earlier shakes and partial banana.... again aren't bad for me foods but just higher cals than I would have liked at this point in the day.

So, now dinner will have to be adjusted accordingly(probably veggie heavy) and typically I'm my hungriest from dinner all the way until bedtime.

I can hope that listening to my body will help and not hinder in this case. Maybe I needed something...nutrition wise....

And at least it wasn't junk food.

I also now have added incentive(as if I needed any) because it looks like the hubby and I may get to go to Hawaii sometime in the fall. Eeek!! I definitely want to look my best before that happens.
Old 06-11-2013, 02:11 PM   #778
Bike Tart

I know I haven't eaten enough today....hungry but nothing sounds good....

I have read about women's numbers being higher is better.....according to the nurse, my LDL is 20 points higher than they want it....no biggie to me....as long as my other numbers are in the right range I won't worry about it.

Now I better get to the kitchen and see what I can eat before I wait too long and make bad choices....
Old 06-12-2013, 04:33 AM   #779

I'm back to frustration......

All on plan food yesterday. Just more of it than I would normally eat.

So I wake up this morning dreading the scale and yup.... I'm back up 6lbs from my pre-TOM low and have no real clue why. And TOM left the building 2 days ago so that's no longer an excuse.

Back to shakes or the FF. Hubby thinks I should do the FF till the weekend. Either way I'm left starving all day long. {{sigh}}

I only have slightly less than 5wks till my ID picture and slightly more till I see that dang doctor that said I should just exercise 2 to 4hrs a day. I really wanted my revenge. LOL

I'm trying so hard not to give up but I have to say I'm really wavering today. I will give it my all for the next 4 to 5wks. That way I can say that yes I did everything I could.
Old 06-12-2013, 07:11 AM   #780
Bike Tart

Sorry about the bounce up...it will go down...

I'm sitting here sipping on a shake...working on ingredients to make it nutritious as well as filling...today's shake is coconut milk, coconut water, cocoa powder, protein powder, super greens powder and l-glutamine powder...it's pretty good....

From now till next week we're going to try to use up as much as possible from the fridge and freezer.....vacation time coming up! So who knows what we'll be eating...might be some strange combos!

Hopefully I'll get out to buy a new scale later today....have to go to Mom's at noon, then massage at 2 p.m. If I'm up to it I'll head to Bed, Bath and Beyond after that.....it's in the city north of us so it's not like I can just zip over there quick....will have to see if DH wants to go so I may have to come home first if he does....