Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2013, 05:09 AM   #721
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: DarkSiren
WOE: What Ever it Takes!!!!
Start Date: Recommited January 2014
Happy Weekend!!

We had one of those crazy busy Friday nights that ended with me making bad food choices for dinner. Not horrible but not great either.

I'm paying for it with my stomach hurting today and swelling.

I don't know what I weigh because I don't use the scale anymore. When I get dressed for the day the jeans will let me know just how bad it was.

Back on plan this morning. I may not be weighing but I still desperately want to meet my goal by my birthday and at the latest my doctor's appointment one week later. I want to shove an amazing weight loss down his throat.

We're also planning to see family around that time and I want to surprise them. I've been telling them that I'm still gaining.
DarkSiren is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-18-2013, 07:00 AM   #722
Bike Tart

Gallery: mamagiff
WOE: general low carb
Have a great weekend!

I had a good time last night at book club other than my stomach bothering me a lot....I ate a few small slices of pizza and a half a glass of wine which didn't help....I also had some salad and cheese/crackers....

Tonight and tomorrow will be food challenges...birthday party for niece tonight and benefit for my cousin tomorrow....I'll do my best...

Better go get breakfast and shower so I can get busy with chores....
mamagiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 07:06 AM   #723

Hope you have a fun weekend Ms.Linda!!

I stocked up for about a month's worth of protein meals, got tons of fresh produce to start off with then we'll switch to canned and frozen. Trying to stretch things out as long as possible since I spent a ton.

Then when we're ready I'll pick up some more fresh produce but that will be all we'll need for a few weeks. I don't normally bulk shop like that unless I know I won't have DH to help me carry the heavy groceries for a few weeks because he's busy. It's a bit liberating and scary to get it all at once and spend that much money when I'm so strict about every dime that goes out.

Hopefully I budgeted this correctly and we'll be okay.

It should help that I won't be eating much and neither will hubby.
Old 05-19-2013, 08:30 AM   #724
Bike Tart

Sounds like a good plan to do a major grocery shop like that! Hope it all works out for you!

We got some sad news last night...DH's sister isn't doing very well and may not live much longer...she has mental illness as well as Parkinson's disease and she drinks so she doesn't feel the symptoms...her liver is shot and the dr. said if she doesn't stop drinking she will die soon...she's been in the hospital for several days (we just found out last night)...poor MIL is having a hard time, of course. DH and I just want SIL to be at peace...she has been struggling for so long and it's hard to watch...

My cousin's benefit is today...will do my best so not eat poorly!

We gladly feast on those who would subdue us! - Addams Family Creed

My Facebook
Old 05-20-2013, 05:14 AM   #725

Happy Monday!!

So sorry to hear about your DH's sister.

I'm doing okay here. Just exhausted from another night of not sleeping. Being in single parent mode means I hear EVERYTHING. Every little creak of a bed or floorboard. Combine that with DD getting up around 1am yesterday to inform me of something that could have waited until "normal working hours".

I'm just rundown.... And today starts the heavy hitting with lessons. For the next two weeks I need to cram in at least 4 to 6wks worth of work and have packets ready to go out. Then I have to order the big test for them to take so we'll have results back in time to turn them in to the school board. And I'm supposed to do all this on little to no sleep.

This should be fun.....

I woke up swollen this morning and my pants are a bit snug. Probably the bacon jerky I ended up munching on yesterday to keep me going. There isn't any more of that thank goodness. It was just toooooo goood and tooooo salty.

Now I'm off to cook the kiddos grain free pancakes.
Old 05-20-2013, 07:03 AM   #726
Bike Tart

I survived the weekend....hopefully without doing too much damage! My cousin's benefit was a big success and it was nice to see a few cousins that I don't see very often....

It's so hard to plan my week because something always seems to come up to change plans...

Going to do a few errands this morning, Mom's in the afternoon and then meeting DS at the flooring place to see what he wants to get for his new house.

I'd like to find some time to do some cooking ahead but I just don't see it happening for at least a few days...
Old 05-20-2013, 06:02 PM   #727

Glad you got through the weekend and that the benefit was a success.

I decided since I don't really have anyone other than the kiddos to feed that I would switch things up for myself and have a shake at dinner. Just to see how I feel.

I like this much better because I'm not having the night time munchies that start the minute I eat dinner and last until I go to bed. I don't always eat but it will always gnaw at me and make me want to eat.

Anyway, this should also save money and stretch the food out a bit. Extra benefit.
Old 05-20-2013, 08:57 PM   #728
Bike Tart

Once DS moves out I will be doing the shake thing for dinner....I usually make dinner because he's hungry and I eat with him....a shake would be just fine for me! Actually either that or some eggs and I'm happy in the evening...

He's moving in Sept. so I still have a few months to prepare myself for that....wish I could talk him into just a shake in the evening, too! It would be so much easier!
Old 05-21-2013, 04:58 AM   #729

Sounds like a plan. It's sooooo much easier too.

I worried that seeing them eat would bother me. On the flip-side I also worried that them seeing me not eat would bother them. Thankfully there were no issues.

The major upside is that I didn't get any munchie monster attacks until right before I went to bed. I got a peppermint and sucked on that until I was ready to hit the sack and that was all I needed.

I was rewarded with my face looking much less swollen than it has recently. My fingers aren't hurting as much from swelling either.

They always hurt but when they hold fluid it feels like they've been crushed in a vice until the swelling goes down later in the morning.

Sometimes it really sucks being in your late 30's but feeling like you're in your 80's.

Anyway, got a few good workouts in yesterday. I'm no where near where I should be at this point but I'm working on it. I'm very sore but not so sore I can't work through it today thank goodness.

In fact as soon as I finish my coffee I'm off to grab a quick workout before the kiddos get up. I have about 30 minutes then I have to start my day with them. 2 to 3 sets of lessons, plus paperwork, chores, etc.
Old 05-21-2013, 08:34 AM   #730
Bike Tart

Glad the shake worked for you! I'm still puffy from the weekend and the heat....hoping it goes away today...

Need to go to the store to get some food but first I have to go through my fridge to see what I have....guess I'll go to the store on the way home from Mom's today. I know I'll be tossing some stuff because I just didn't get around to using it or I forgot it was there...I hate when that happens...

Got on the scale and it was 12 lbs up from yesterday....got off and back on and it was 22 lbs down from the first number....guess it's time to look for a new scale!

Time to get to the kitchen and do something constructive.....
Old 05-22-2013, 06:26 AM   #731

Happy Wednesday!!

Not feeling so hot today and I'm sure it's because I broke my new, shake for dinner with no snacks, rule by having popcorn for a snack. I was trying to stay awake for DH's phone call and thought it might help. It didn't...

So this morning I'm slightly poofy with some tummy issues. blech....

I'm going to attempt an all shake day today but it won't be my normal low cals. That way I can have more in the shakes for nutrition. We'll see how I feel at the end of the day. Whether or not I'm trying to gnaw my own arm off.

In the mean time I upped my KB time and am now so sore that there's no way I could do any today. Unless I work through the soreness. Haven't decided yet.

I'm also trying to decide if since it's the front thigh that's sore. Whether or not I should work the back of the thigh extra as well. It's not feeling anything back there and I worry that the front will firm up and everything will still be saggy on the back.
Old 05-22-2013, 05:08 PM   #732
Bike Tart

Hope your shake day is going well!

I got my comfy chair for Mom's house....it will be so much easier to be there now and maybe the rest of the lower body pain will ease up now that I don't have to sit on the folding chairs.

I really need to get started again with the light workouts.....I thought I'd be able to stick with it a couple of weeks ago but too many things going on all the time. I just don't know what to do...when I have the time to exercise I'm just too exhausted...I'm so sick of this. I'll try to get some bike time tonight if I can stay awake...

Still have the cramping in my butt with buzzing all down my leg and my foot being numb...hard to do stuff when that's bothering me....still also have the tendonitis or whatever it is in my right arm....just one thing after another lately....would love to get back to kb workouts but I don't know that I can even do a few swings without aggravating something...

I texted DS today to see if he wanted something with ground beef for dinner.....my phone auto corrected beef to beehive! LOL! So it's ground beehive tonight!
Old 05-23-2013, 05:27 AM   #733

It went 90% well.

I managed to keep from eating until DS left a bite of burger on his plate.

I ended up having that and some spinach for dinner.

Technically a lean and green I suppose.

I did NOT watch my calories for the day and filled my shakes with everything I would need for nutrients. I woke up feeling lighter but of course I have no clue since I'm not weighing right now.

I did have some swelling in my hands but that was probably from the dry rub I put on the burgers.

I think I will try it again today and see how it goes.

Today I have to do KBs. I didn't do them yesterday because I was sooooo sore. But sore or not I don't want to go more than a day in between so I will definitely be doing them today.

I want some muscles when this weight finally comes off.

Glad you got your chair and hope you can get your fitness back. I know how frustrating it is to not be able to do things we used to when we were exercising more often.
Old 05-24-2013, 05:21 AM   #734
Bike Tart

Good Morning! I have an appt. today to get my hair cut....I'm going short! I'm tired of not being able to get my hair to look nice....I love being able to put it in a ponytail but it looks awful when it's down and it just drags my face down....it's time for something new!

I did some time on the recumbent last night....not long but it was nice to pedal....need to get on there again today...also need to start some light weights or something....

Not sure what I'll be eating today....had a little egg salad a few minutes ago...I've got my salad base ready so I guess I'll have that for lunch along with some meat....need to see what I have in the fridge.

We aren't doing anything much this weekend so I don't have to worry about picnic or party food...we're just staying home and working in the yard and the house....we may cook out if DH gets the grill parts he needs but it will just be us and DS....
Old 05-24-2013, 05:29 AM   #735

I didn't eat much of anything yesterday until mid afternoon when I shared the kiddos homemade Popsicle with them. Then I turned around and had an allergic reaction.

I'm not sure if it was the nutbutter used or if I'm starting to have allergic reactions to the fat toxins being released by losing weight.

Anyway, I ended up taking some benedryl which then makes me need to eat so I ate some chicken thighs I had in the fridge for the kiddos. Unfortunately that made me swollen this morning because of all the spices and things they were cooked in.

I'll attempt a heavy shake day again today. What I mean by that is they will have a lot in them for nutrition and I will not be forcing myself to eat very low calorie. If I eat a lean and green for dinner that's fine but I'm hoping to skip it today. We'll see how I feel.

Otherwise just a normal work day around here and maybe some KBs. I wanted to do them yesterday but was still wayyyyy too sore.

The action of sitting or standing was painful, kind of sore. Plus drinking all the water I drink. You can imagine how odd it sounded every time I had to go to the bathroom.

Kids have had a good laugh at my expense over the last few days.

But I'm doing much better today so I'll attempt a full KB workout and maybe some step aerobics to offset the heavier cals today.
Old 05-25-2013, 05:47 AM   #736

Happy Weekend!!

Had a good food day yesterday. Ate some solid food for breakfast then shakes the rest of the day. I really enjoy doing it this way instead of the way people typically do it with shakes and then a lean and green at dinner.

Not sure if I'll be able to continue this when the DH gets back though. He tends to want to see me eat to make sure I'm being healthy. He always worries that I'll get so desperate that I'll start starving myself. Not likely....

Anyway, I took a peek at the scale this morning and I liked what I saw. There is a continuing downward trends so that makes me happy. Back to avoiding the scale again though because I don't want the daily fluctuations to derail me.

Hope you have a fun holiday weekend. We're just hanging out here. No where to be and no one to see. Nice quiet weekend. I really need one of those.
Old 05-25-2013, 01:01 PM   #737
Bike Tart

We planned on just getting yardwork and housework done this weekend....well, Stepfather hinted that he missed Mom's chocolate cake so I'm baking one for him, got a call from a friend that her MIL passed away and they need a place to stay once the funeral arrangements are made so could they stay with us...need to get the guest room ready and get some groceries in case they eat a few meals with us.

Stopped out DH's Mom's house this morning....apparently his sister is not quite at death's door like MIL thought the other day....she's still in the hospital and will go to a nursing home for rehab in a few days....not sure what's going on from there...MIL doesn't ask for details...I told her she needs to know what to be prepared for....ugh!

Going with DS today to do some errands and drop off the cake for Stepfather.....need to bring a few things from Mom's house to our house so we'll do that today, too....

Forgot to get on the scale today....I was hoping for a loss after getting my hair cut! LOL! It will take a few days for my hair to settle into the new cut....it's poofy right now but I like it. Talked with her about color....we're going to definitely do a lot of multicolor highlights to try to disguise the roots and my hair color growing out. I'm going to try to go to my natural color which is mostly gray...it will take quite a while but I am tired of constantly having to color it and it never looks good past a few days after coloring it...it's going to be a big change!
Old 05-25-2013, 01:27 PM   #738

I think everyone gets to that point where they no longer want to cover their gray. I know my Mom hit that point after having me color it a few times for her. I think gray hair is beautiful when it's taken care of so I'm sure you'll look awesome.

As for mine... I keep debating... I'm still young enough to have fun with color but my gray is actually kind of cool right now. Looks more like intentional highlights. My DH actually likes it too. I change my mind constantly about whether or not to cover it. I just know that when I hit my major goal of under 200lbs I will be shedding all my hair. Not bald but fairly close. It's going to be my way of shedding the "fat suit" that I've worn for the last 16yrs. Of course I'll only do that if I won't look like a teeny tiny head on a big body.

It'll depend on how it melts off but that's the goal anyway.
Old 05-26-2013, 07:27 AM   #739

I smell AWFUL!!

I know my body has naturally slid into ketosis just by the smell I'm putting off.

I guess I should comfort myself with the knowledge that it means I'm burning my fat stores.... But... OMGosh it's horrible and no amount of extra strength deodorant or scrubbing helps.... I can only imagine what people think when I'm around them in public....

Otherwise I'm doing good. I'm firmly in a size smaller than I had been. I'm going to pull out the next size and try them on to see how far I have to go. Once I'm in them I'll only be one size away from my smallest in the last 3yrs.

Gotta go run some errands before it gets too crazy out there.
Have a great holiday!!!
Old 05-26-2013, 11:12 AM   #740
Bike Tart

Congrats!!!! Glad to hear things are working for you again!

Scale was down for me, too....not sure it will stick or if it's even right but I'll take it....

Doing some cooking today and some cleaning....
Old 05-27-2013, 05:34 AM   #741

Thanks Sweetie!!

Glad the scale was down for you as well.

I woke a little swollen this morning. Probably from my mild sunburn from yesterday's fun.

I am doing a bit of a test today. I normally don't eat a lot of primal baked goods because they increase my appetite and therefore make me maintain or gain. So, today I had a muffin with my coffee and the rest of the day I'll have my shakes to see how I handle it.
Old 05-28-2013, 04:39 AM   #742

Happy Tuesday!!

I'm so swollen this morning that I feel like my fingers are going to explode. I know why, so it's my fault. Nothing off plan since I don't have anything off plan in the house. Just very very sodium rich. ugh

Holiday mentality is over so that should help with the flushing today.

I'm not much in the mood for food today so will probably do a lot of shakes.

Not sure what my workout will be. Maybe some step and some bike... some KBs for a few minutes thrown in there for good measure.
Old 05-28-2013, 08:18 AM   #743
Bike Tart

Good Morning....scale is back in the middle of the bounce range....I really think that's about the closest to the correct weight....at least I hope so....I have a dr. appt. on Thursday and I'll see what their scale says...it's usually quite a bit higher than my scale.

Sorry you're dealing with the puffies....

Not sure what we'll be eating today...nothing sounds good. I have a crockpot of chicken broth that's been simmering since Sunday...it's so good. I was going to use it for soup but I think I'm just going to keep it to sip on till I can get more chicken bones to make more broth!

I guess I better get going and do something constructive this morning....going to Mom's after lunch...
Old 05-29-2013, 05:34 AM   #744

Good Morning.

Rough night but will live. Decided to weigh and saw a "new" current low. Still working towards that pre-surgery weight but if I can keep this up I have every confidence that I'll surpass it within the next few weeks.

Now back to ignoring the scale since what I'm doing seems to be working for now.
Old 05-29-2013, 06:34 AM   #745
Bike Tart

Congrats on the low!!!

I was on the low end of the bounce range today....I'll take it although I think it's wrong...

Not sure about meals today....going to Mom's this morning so DH said he'd bring lunch there so we can eat together....massage in the afternoon and granddaughter's choir concert tonight....busy day!

I've been thinking about all the changes for my hair....going from dark to highlight will seem extreme to some....I think I'm also going to have her cut it shorter than it is....like almost pixie short! I need a change and with summer almost here (it's still been cold here!) and the Disney trip coming up I want something easy to deal with....if I don't like it I can grow it out again....
Old 05-29-2013, 02:10 PM   #746

I'm currently debating whether or not to start weighing daily again.

I'm doing straight up shakes for the next few days and I want to know if this affects the weight loss any or if it stays the same. If it stays the same then there's no reason to give up the lean and green brunch each day.

So, in this instance in order to calculate whether it's worth it or not then the daily weighing would be a must.

I just hate the stress that it causes.
Old 05-30-2013, 10:06 AM   #747
Bike Tart

I had my dr. appt. this morning....bummed big time because their scale weigh's 35 lbs heavier than mine.... I am so tired of this struggle....I won't give up because I just can't but I sure do want to....
Old 05-30-2013, 01:39 PM   #748

I could have sworn I posted today.

I'm so sorry about the scale difference.

If you can handle the financial aspect maybe something like the protein sparing fast. Not sure I can write the name here.

I know you guys are very social though and that seems to be when you have the most issues with sticking to a plan.

So, I'm not sure how to help you there. I could tell you not to eat off plan then at all... but it's always easier said than done...

been there done that so I completely understand...

If you can't do the money for the special fast then maybe do JUDDD. You can eat what ever you want and just stick to the calories. You won't lose fast but I look at it this way...

You can be this weight in a year, you can gain weight during that year by doing nothing, or you can lose weight during that year.

Anyway, I'm down a pound after doing all shakes yesterday. I would have loved another week of a couple pounds a day but I guess I can be happy with a pound a day for now.

Granted this is absolutely no fun.... And I am starving.... but I need to be back in my summer clothing at worst... and I'd like to be under 200lbs before I take my summer vacation at best. I guess we'll see what happens....

And in case you think I don't know how you feel... I spent many many many years... WELL over 300lbs.... before I finally got things to move in the right direction... even if it was only for a year.... Then I got stuck again for 2yrs with the up/down bounce crud... I'm hoping this down bounce will continue all the way down and I'm desperate enough to do what ever it takes.
Old 05-31-2013, 04:51 AM   #749

TGIF!!

I caved and had a piece of chicken and some popcorn last night. So my loss was only half a pound. I need to have a really good clean day today to make up for it.

It sucks that I feel awful about food that I consider okay generally.

And it would be awesome once I'm maintaining or even after I'm back in my summer clothes. But right now... not so much... I need to be ever strict and vigilant until my birthday. {{sigh}}

Oh well... I still lost and it's not the end of the world.

In addition to my usual shakes today I'm going to add in some lemon water to hopefully get some swelling down. Maybe that will give me 1.5 to 2lbs tomorrow and get me back on track with where I need to be.

I'm also going to go ahead and order that other program if I have the money after paying bills today. I'll get the things without the known allergens and I'm going to use that program for the next 5 or 6wks(depending on when it gets here). I know my hubby won't be happy with me but I'm unhappy and have a way to fix it. So he's going to have to deal.
Old 05-31-2013, 05:09 AM   #750

And the minute I said I would do it I changed my mind.

I went on the site and checked all the ingredients. Knocking out the ones that had anything I'm allergic to and it left so few options that I might as well go back to making my own. Plus it's cheaper.... I'll just have to start being more careful about my nutrients. I was worried that I might be getting too many of some and not enough of others. It's all so brain warping trying to keep track of all that.

With the other program it's done for you... and I felt like being lazy and letting someone else take care of that part.

Never mind.....