Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2013, 07:09 AM   #691
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: DarkSiren
WOE: What Ever it Takes!!!!
Start Date: Recommited January 2014
TGIF!!!

I'm both dreading that it's Friday and happy that it's Friday. I have so much to do today to get ready for the weekend craziness that I'm a bit overwhelmed but it has to be done.

I'm coming back down from my cheat meal on Wednesday.

I'm hoping to break through my next weight wall by Monday/Tuesday of next week. If I can do that it'll help me continue being as strict as I have been. If I do the strict and then don't have any reward it makes it harder to stick to. So, I'm definitely to get through this quickly and then continue on to the next one.

Right before I got sick I checked out a bunch of KB videos from the library to see if I'd like them. I have yet to watch them so I guess I better do that, this weekend, at the very least.

Then maybe if I feel up to it, I'll throw in a session with each one during the next week too see if I like them.
DarkSiren is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-03-2013, 09:39 AM   #692
Bike Tart

Gallery: mamagiff
WOE: general low carb
As you know, we're on the road! The girl's are on their second movie...DS is napping....we're about halfway there...almost time for lunch stop!

Scale was near the bottom of the bounce range...doubt it will stay there but I'll do my best...

I really miss doing KB workouts....I think I'm going to try this coming week...need to get back to them!
mamagiff is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 04:23 AM   #693

Happy Weekend!!

Hope you're having a safe and fun trip.

I'm back down some more on the scale. The chart I use is saying that I'm currently averaging 5lbs a week. Would be nice if I could keep that up till my b'day but I don't expect to.

I seem to have found my sweet spot with carbs plus the amount of cals and time of day that I usually eat. Lately, without really trying, the bulk of my cals are being saved for dinner and my carbs are coming out to around 100 to 115 every single time. My body is still in ketosis though because I'm eating low cal. So it balances out.

Other than that just working on some school packages that need to be mailed out today. Plus directing the DH on what needs to be done around here. Gonna be a long day. Really looking forward to a break tomorrow so I hope he finishes quickly.
Old 05-05-2013, 05:09 AM   #694

Hey there,
Down some more on the scale today. Had hoped for a smidge more than I got but I'm okay with what it was. At least it's something.

Got the packets out to the school and some major work done on projects. We may actually have time to go out and have fun so I'm happy.

Now I've got to run and work on the menu/grocery list.

Laterz!!
Old 05-06-2013, 06:02 AM   #695

Happy Monday!!!

Down some more today.

I have to say that weekends are still hard though. I'm not eating a TON... and I'm still well within the guidelines of my plan but it's just really hard not to snack, snack, snack when we don't really sit down very long.

Anyway, the week is usually better so I'm actually happy the weekend is over with.

I'm working on the next set of school packets this week, ordering the standardized test, working on the kitchen, and getting ready for the DH's next trip.

Did someone say summer is just around the corner??!!!
Old 05-06-2013, 08:41 AM   #696
Bike Tart

Good Morning! I didn't weigh today....yesterday I fell....no, I jumped head first off that wagon...ate things I shouldn't and felt awful....don't know why I do such stupid stuff....

Screwed up my dentist appt. today by forgetting to get antibiotics to take before the appt...I totally forgot I needed them. So I had to reschedule my appt. to tomorrow morning...

We had a great visit with DS and family....we also found out what it's like to have teenage girls on a trip! Yikes! Our boys always just climbed in the back of the van and slept when they were teens...the girls were nonstop talking, giggling, singing, etc. the whole time! It was funny!

We gladly feast on those who would subdue us! - Addams Family Creed

My Facebook
Old 05-07-2013, 05:33 AM   #697

Happy Tuesday is not so happy right now.

DS is sick yet again.... he was the one that started us all 5 or 6wks ago. Oy Vey!!

At this rate I'm not sure if we'll make it through the school year.

I'm up a smidge on the scale but last nights dinner was very sodium rich so not surprised. I'll do the flush today and hopefully I'll be back down for my appointment tomorrow.
Old 05-07-2013, 10:23 AM   #698
Bike Tart

Had to go to the dentist this morning....teeth all cleaned! And I got my new toothbrush!

Went for a short bike ride when I got back....only 4 miles but it's a start....it's going to take a while to get back to 20 miles a day...

Making stuffed peppers for lunch....then off to Mom's....

Hope you have a good day!
Old 05-08-2013, 04:38 AM   #699

Glad you're getting on that bike again. I know how much you love riding.

The scale jumped up 3lbs this morning. Only thing I can think is that TOM is due this weekend/beginning of next week.

I hope that's all it is!!

If I'm going to start gaining at the calorie levels I'm at now then there's no hope for me.

I'm at the point where I feel comfortable increasing the amount of exercise each day.

So, I'll be taking it up to the 2hrs a day that the doctor felt was necessary for me to lose because of my thyroid issues.

I guess we'll see how my body reacts to that.

Of course it won't be heavy kick boxing type cardio that whole time. Mostly walking with some high intensity mixed in and some KBs.
Old 05-08-2013, 06:37 AM   #700
Bike Tart

Good Morning! Scale bounced up.... Not going to worry about it right now...

Have to go to Mom's today....will try to get a bike ride after I get back. I really need to work on strengthening quads so I'll be doing the PT exercises and then moving up to KB work....if I can get a spot in the garage to hook up the TRX straps I can do quad work with them, too....
Old 05-09-2013, 09:55 AM   #701
Bike Tart

Bounce, bounce, bounce....seems to be a pattern with me....not going to worry about it for now.

Got my bike ride yesterday....it was not a good ride....my upper back hurt horribly and I had to stop several times because I couldn't stand it. I have never in my life been so out of shape and weak....I'm so bummed about it. Today I'll do indoor biking on the recumbent...

Not much else going on...chores and maybe a short nap if I can squeeze one in....didn't get much sleep last night.
Old 05-09-2013, 10:08 AM   #702

I was so upset about my bounce and my appointment yesterday that when it came time to pick dinner(person with appointment gets pick).... Well, I caved and had fast food. It messed me up big time... I chose not to weigh because I knew it would be horrible.

Not completely on plan today but as close as I can get while dealing with 3 of us having the flu while also dealing with an influx of dang ants.

Just figured I'd check in real quick and say I'm alive.... barely....
Old 05-09-2013, 03:41 PM   #703
Bike Tart

just keep moving forward...

Slept all afternoon....now I need to get some dinner started....pork chops for DS and steak for me....I have a bunch of meat that needs to be cooked today so I'll cook all of it...I'm going to make a kale salad and a cucumber salad, too....maybe I'll make some cheese biscuits, too....DS will want some mashed cauliflower so I'll make that, too....it's like a restaurant here today!
Old 05-10-2013, 04:53 AM   #704

Happy Friday!!

I'm both glad and not that it's Friday. Means we're closer to DH's trip but also means that we have a couple days to catch up on some things here.

He came home yesterday and took turns helping with the ant issue and helping clean up behind sickies. Times like these I'm reminded just how lucky I am.

I did NOT eat well yesterday either as expected. Then TOM showed up this morning a few days early. That was expected as well. My DD's schedule and mine are trying so hard to sync up that it's really starting to mess with us.

I wish it would just regulate already. PMSing with DD and then doing it for myself is getting old.

Other than that we're just going to be playing catch up as usual on school and the house. I hope to have some semblance of a routine going by the time he leaves again.

I really wish I were 4 people right now!!
Old 05-10-2013, 07:38 AM   #705
Bike Tart

Good Morning! It's windy, cold and rainy here again...so sick of this weather....

I got on the treadmill last night for 20 minutes...went very slow...it's a start...right now the goal is to be able to increase the time walking and not the speed...I have to be able to walk at Disney! So I'll be walking on the treadmill daily and working on time first and speed second.

Scale showed a very new low but I am thinking it's a fluke...not getting back on to find out what reality is because I just want to enjoy that number today....reality will bite me tomorrow when there is a big bounce up...

Going to Mom's today and maybe to band practice tonight if they have it...will know more about that later today...

Still looking for new hairstyles....will be getting a cut and lots of highlights soon...my friend that does my hair says it will help with the gray....I know that I prefer my hair long enough for a ponytail when I exercise but it seems that I only wear it that way now and I'm sick of it....I need to go short and start over! Found a few styles that are almost what I'd like...will have to see what my friend thinks/suggests....
Old 05-11-2013, 01:40 PM   #706
Bike Tart

Happy Saturday! Scale is back where I knew it would be....still in the same range as the last several months....

I'm making some tuna pasta salad to take to my Mom's for Mother's Day....she loves it and Stepfather doesn't so she only gets it when I make it....she won't understand it's Mother's Day but I wanted to do something for her that she'll enjoy. I'm going to stop on the way to their house and pick up some shrimp for Stepfather.

I should do some cooking and chores but don't feel like it so I think I'll just sit and get caught up on some recorded stuff....home alone...DH works till midnight and DS is gone for the day and maybe the evening....
Old 05-11-2013, 02:43 PM   #707

Rough couple days food wise. I just can't stop eating junk and I keep trying to talk the hubby into being okay with me going back on the fasting program. He's not because he's afraid I'll have the allergic reactions again.

So, I give up... It's the only thing I lose significant weight on... I can keep doing what I'm doing and lose and relose the same 20lbs.... I can stress about every little bite and get no where... Or I can just move on and try to get physically fit as much as possible and eat healthy as much as possible.

I guess I kind of just had to hit rock bottom eating nothing but crud and feeling like crud emotionally and physically to see that I can't win this battle anymore. I just have to change which battle I'm fighting.

So, I will take the focus off weight and focus more on getting in shape no matter what size.... I can't take the rest of it right now.

Hope you have a great weekend/Mother's Day!!!

Mine has been really nice so far. Tomorrow we head to the beach so I can get my toes in the sand. Sometimes it's the only thing that helps me to reset, reconnect, and recharge.
Old 05-12-2013, 07:08 AM   #708
Bike Tart

Happy Mother's Day!

Just focus on health and fitness for a while.....I think the stress of weight is often a roadblock for us to actually lose weight....be kind to yourself!

Going to a buffet for brunch today...my in-laws always love to do that....not my preference but it's the only chance for DH to see his Mom today so we're going....then stopping at my Mom's after that...then home to relax and watch movies or something...
Old 05-13-2013, 05:56 AM   #709

Thanks Ms.Linda!!

Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day!!

I'm back to eating clean today only because I feel better when I don't eat all that junk.

But my focus will not be on weight loss. Just detoxing and building up my physical fitness.

Doctor wants me to do a minimum of 2hrs of exercise every day. Not sure how I'll be able to fit in the time but I'd like to bump that up to 4hrs. It won't all be hardcore workouts just keeping myself moving and building my stamina.
Old 05-13-2013, 08:31 AM   #710
Bike Tart

I love how they say you should do so much exercise daily....do they think we have nothing else to do? Just be active and you'll do well!

I ate crap yesterday.....I was doing ok till I asked DH to go get me a refill on some food at the buffet....he brought back a heaping plate....apparently he thinks I can eat a ton of food...then when he went for dessert he brought some back for me even though I didn't ask for any. But apparently my hands and mouth told my brain to shut up and I ate most of it...ugh! Then we had pizza for dinner...I didn't feel like cooking and there wasn't anything in the fridge to just heat up.....need to be better prepared!

Wasn't planning on going to Mom's today but my sister texted to say she is coming down ....so now I'll be going there instead of doing things here at home that need to be done...
Old 05-14-2013, 05:50 AM   #711

Happy Tuesday!!

Some of the swelling is starting to go down and TOM is almost out the door.

I hate when none of my regular clothes fit right because I'm all bloated. I feel like I have to have 3 wardrobes. Clothes I'm working to get into, clothes I can wear when I'm not swollen, and clothes for swollen days.

I'm sure in our next house I'll have to have a bedroom turned into a closet to house everything.

I know what you mean about the amount of time to exercise being hard. I was just telling Maria that....

I thought about asking him, "And exactly when am I supposed to find a solid uninterrupted 2hrs??"

I can't even do 20 minutes of yoga without the dog wanting out, the cat laying on my yoga mat, and the kids hollering at each other about something.

Plus I can't seem to get enough sleep at night to make it easier to get up earlier than everyone else in the morning.

Basically the only times I can workout are early morning or late night.

Which would be awesome if I didn't feel like a zombie first thing in the morning and I didn't have a night owl that fights going to bed at a decent time every night.
Old 05-14-2013, 06:38 AM   #712
Bike Tart

I really think that while exercise is great for fitness, it's not great for weight loss and that we really need to concentrate on the right foods for health and weight loss. If exercise helped with weight loss I should have been a twig for a long time because I did exercise a lot. I think it's important to stay active but not in exercise mode all the time....

Going to the grocery store this morning...nothing sounds good so it will be a challenging shopping trip.

Going to Mom's in the afternoon....meeting with the RN today....need to see if we can up the dosage on Mom's meds because she seems to be very weepy during the day.....the meds should help her stay calmer but I think she needs a bit more....

Have a great day!
Old 05-15-2013, 04:45 AM   #713

Oh I totally believe that 80% of any weight we can lose is through diet.

But what do you do when no plan seems to work??

Bumping up the exercise is the only recourse I have left. Either that or eat 600 cals a day for the rest of my dang life.

I'll get the magic combo figured out some day but for right now I'm just eating as healthy as possible and focusing on the workouts.

My abs are so sore today that I'm tempted to take a day off but it wouldn't be a good idea. I need to build the habit of daily workouts again before I can take one off here and there.

I'm totally that, "Object in motion tends to stay in motion"....
Old 05-15-2013, 06:57 AM   #714
Bike Tart

Good Morning! I've been reading about a supplement that is supposed to help with stomach issues as well as cravings....I just happen to have some here that I haven't used in a while...forgot I even had it. I have the powder form and was using it in shakes but haven't done shakes in a long time so I'm going to get back to doing shakes in the morning and maybe sometimes in the evenings. It would be great if this stuff helps my stomach.

Heading to Mom's soon and then I have a massage appt. I also have an appt. for a foot massage later tonight! Looking forward to both!

Not sure what lunch will be today...have to take food with me to Mom's and I don't have anything ready...better go get something together so I don't make bad choices later....
Old 05-16-2013, 05:43 AM   #715

I hope the shakes and supplement help you out.

I'm on the fence... One day I want to do shakes and the next I don't. That other program was 90 to 110 cals per meal 5x's a day and then a lean and green at dinner. It had all the nutrients that you could possibly need in those meal packets. I liked not having to think about anything other than dinner. Just open cook and enjoy.

But when I'm doing this on my own it's all numbers, numbers, numbers... and I always worry if I'm screwing up somewhere.

That's why I'll do good for a while trying to "match" the program with real food but then I'll falter because I'm worried I'm not getting all the nutrients.

If I put everything that "they" said I needed in my homemade shakes then I'd be drinking 400 calorie shakes and I can't do that. My body just doesn't handle it.

So, for the moment just making sure I eat real food... sometimes in shake form.... and trying to keep the carbs low. Not counting just choosing naturally low carb items. Plus the workouts each day. I'm currently at about 3hrs a day. I'd like to do 4hrs but not sure where I'm going to squeeze in the time or energy. I'm falling in bed at night and dragging my booty out in the morning.
Old 05-16-2013, 09:20 AM   #716

Getting back to tracking my meals so for the sake of accountability:

breakfast: 1 waffle (homemade with coconut flour)
topped with 1/2T Natural nut butter
and 1/2T Raw Honey
229 cals and 27 carbs

lunch: 1 burger(90/10)
1/2T all natural ketchup
168 cals and 2 carbs

Planned:
afternoon snack if needed: 1/2 ounce cheese(50 cals and .5carb)
dinner: 1 or 2 servings Tilapia(110 to 220 cals and 0 carbs)

Will try to stop eating at 6pm and avoid evening snack but if necessary I'll share a Tahini Shake with DH for 200 to 400 cals(depending on how large we make it) and not sure how many carbs.

The amount of carbs are higher than most people doing "low carb" but lower than what I usually stop at (100g max). I may take it even lower as the hunger decreases. We'll see.... Also you'll notice not a lot of veggies in there.

I may do salad but at around 20 cals and miniscule amounts of carbs I will not be counting those for now.

Again... Until the appetite cuts back I'm focusing on protein and not worrying so much about veggies. Kind of like a homemade induction I guess.
Old 05-16-2013, 10:29 AM   #717
Bike Tart

Had to go to Mom's this morning.....Stepfather needed the oil changed on his car so he came to our house to have DH do it....would have been easier if DH went to their house but Stepfather wanted to get out for a while....Mom is going through a crying phase....she cries almost all the time and there is no way to comfort her....it's so hard to sit there with her when she's like this....

Both of the massages yesterday were great...too bad I have to get back to real life once they are done! I was telling the girl that does the foot massage about my upper back problems when I bike and she said for now to do wall pushups to strengthen my upper back again....she'll give me more things to do once the wall pushups are too easy....it's nice having a PT for a friend and massage person! She said she'd gladly help me with anything I need for workouts!

Better go get lunch made so DH doesn't have to inhale it before he leaves for work....
Old 05-17-2013, 06:04 AM   #718

I'm so sorry about your mom sweetie.

Glad you were able to get some nice massages though and hope that the girl can help you out with other things.

I'm doing okay here. I can tell that the bloat is going down and things are fitting better. I'm really having to ignore that scale though. I want so badly to weigh but I promised myself I would wait until my b'day when I need to see what it is to tell the ID people.

I'm feeling better physically as well and that's what counts more. Taking the stress off emotionally also is helping but I'm not quite where I'd like to be there. It'll take time to undo all the damage that has been done.

Haven't eaten yet today... I know I need to eventually but I'm not really hungry. So I'll wait......

Now I'm off to get ready for the crazy weekend.
Old 05-17-2013, 06:39 AM   #719
Bike Tart

Good Morning! Busy day here....won't be home much at all...will do my best with meals and I'm pretty sure there won't be any regular exercise today...

Have to be at Mom's after lunch....I think today is the meeting with the social worker...wish I could skip going there today but I missed the last meeting with her because we were on the way to St. Louis....I only see her every other week...

Have a good day! I've got a busy weekend with a birthday party for a niece and a benefit to raise money for my cousin that has breast cancer....need to make some food for the benefit....
Old 05-17-2013, 09:20 AM   #720

menu so far:

breakfast: one ounce of cheese
various cups of black coffee

lunch: more coffee black
a couple slices of organic blah blah blah bacon
plus my sons egg yolks(he only likes the whites)
mixed with mustard and relish

planned:

snack: not sure...maybe an apple
since I haven't had a lot of carbs yet today

dinner: homemade pizza night so I'll either make a cauli crust for
myself or just dump the toppings in a bowl.