Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2013, 06:59 AM   #661
Bike Tart

Gallery: mamagiff
WOE: general low carb
I'm sorry you're floundering I know the feeling well....

I'm back to the bottom of my bounce range....I still feel a little puffy so maybe it will drop a little more in the next day or so....

I have been just winging it lately with food....I need to start feeling better and I think I may have a short term solution to try but I will have to get the dr's ok to do it. I ran out of my newest BP med on Sat. and can't get a refill w/o contacting the dr. The reason I had to switch to this newest med is insurance related not because the old one was a problem. I have enough of the old left to last me more than a month so I'm going to see if I can switch back to the old one till it runs out and then try a different new one next month. I want to see if switching back will get rid of the constant headaches and other newer aches/pains/problems I've been having the last couple of months. I hope the dr. will agree to this....

Heading town shortly to get my new glasses and will stop at the grocery store to get a few things on the way home...then back to town for weekly meeting with Mom's RN....

Hope you have a good day!

We gladly feast on those who would subdue us! - Addams Family Creed

My Facebook
mamagiff is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-16-2013, 05:08 AM   #662
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: DarkSiren
WOE: What Ever it Takes!!!!
Start Date: Recommited January 2014
Up and Down... Up and Down... don't know why I bother weighing anymore...

Depending on my hydration level and how heavy my clothes are I'll be anywhere from 5 to 7lbs heavier than last time.....

I can thank TOM for most of that.

Endo appointment this afternoon and I'm hoping he'll increase my dosage one more time.
DarkSiren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 07:48 AM   #663
Bike Tart

We're still at the hole digging for DS's house...I'm in the car because it's cold out...the guys are walking around the lot to get pics from every angle.

Scale was down about a pound...I'll take it....starting new meds today....hope this one works!

I'd like to nap but no time today....

I'm going on a road trip with my sister and 2 Aunts this weekend! My brother's DD is having her college senior recital for orchestra on Sunday in Ohio so we're going! Can't wait to see everyone!
Old 04-17-2013, 05:13 AM   #664

Happy Wednesday!!

I have no words for how I feel about that doctor right now. OH I had plenty of not so nice ones yesterday but now I'm just sad and disappointed today.
All the improvements I've made and he chooses to focus on the 4lbs of bloat I had from TOM. Of course I was already beating myself up that I hadn't lost the "tons" of weight he swore I would lose in the last 8wks. But he made me feel even worse about myself by the time he was done with me.

At one point he just started walking out and he hadn't even taken the time to answer any of my questions I had. I had to actually make him stop to answer me. Which he did in the doorway of the exam room with the door wide open.

The question had nothing to do with weight but of course that came up yet again.

Needless to say the fact that he's actually treating me is the only thing that will keep me there for now. But if I manage to lose this weight before my check up in 3 months and he pats himself on the back for it I swear I will probably come flying off that exam table after him.
Old 04-18-2013, 06:21 AM   #665

Hmmm.... rock bottom doesn't feel so good..... especially after letting my feelings about that doctor cause binge behavior.

My hubby has been in complete shock because I'm not the type to eat much these days. Especially when it feels like every little bite will cause me to gain weight.

I'm getting back on track as of today but I feel sick all the way to the tips of my hair. Why I did this to myself I don't know... It's not like it makes anything better... or that doctor less of a butt head.

DD and I were going to start weight lifting again today but she's too sick. So, I'll start and then work with her when she's ready.
Old 04-18-2013, 06:25 AM   #666
Bike Tart

I'm sorry the dr. is such a poop.....why do they always focus on the weight and nothing else?

Scale is back down after being up a bit yesterday (I expected it to be up so I wasn't too upset). Need to do well the next day or two because I'm not sure how things will go for the road trip this weekend. I want to pack a few snacks just in case.

Today I'm going to try to do chores as much as I can and after lunch I'm going to visit my cousin that had the breast cancer surgery. Then back home for more chores and getting my suitcase packed...the hotel has a pool so I'm bringing my swimsuit in case I get a chance to take a dip. I hope to also use the fitness room if I can squeeze it in...I'll need a little treadmill time after sitting in the car so long! It may not happen but I'm going to try!
Old 04-19-2013, 05:57 AM   #667

Happy Friday!!

DD has taken a turn for the worse with her head cold with a full on sinus infection. Poor thing is miserable with a fever and everything.

Have her tucked in bed with meds, fluids, etc. Hopefully the fever will break pretty quickly because I think that's what she hates the most right now.

My binging took on a mind of it's own for almost 2 days.... Then finally it calmed down and now I don't want to eat at all. Probably due to TOM getting ready to leave and partly because of the stress. It has flipped from wanting to eat everything to not wanting to eat anything.
Old 04-19-2013, 06:22 AM   #668
Bike Tart

Hope your DD feels better soon!

Getting ready for our weekend road trip, packing almost done (need to do laundry and need to go get a few toiletries that I'm low on)...getting some snacks ready, gathering all the other stuff I need.

Scale up a bit...having a hard time finding the fine line between eating too much and not eating enough....I don't think I ate enough yesterday...

Need to get some breakfast and a shower....then off to do a couple of small errands, back for lunch, to town for a meeting with Mom's social worker, back home to change and then off to book club....busy day ahead!
Old 04-20-2013, 06:25 AM   #669

Have a safe and fun road trip, Ms.Linda.

Kiddos are still fighting off the colds/infections so we're laying low for most of the weekend with only necessary trips out.

Hopefully hubby and I will manage some projects as well. Doubtful but hoping.
Old 04-22-2013, 07:41 AM   #670

Well, we managed to buy what we need for the projects but we didn't actually get started.

I'm hoping we'll start tonight but with the whole family still being sick things have just fallen by the wayside lately.

I did manage to stock up on what I'll need to do my version of the protein fast. I'll be doing it for 2wks to give it plenty of time to work and if it doesn't I'll move on.

So far so good today. I guess it helps that I'm not hungry since I'm sick. By the time I'm over it I should be in full ketosis.

Now I'm off to work on grading papers. Hope your trip has been fun so far!
Old 04-22-2013, 03:41 PM   #671
Bike Tart

I'm home! Had a good time and although it wasn't totally on plan I am happy to say I made almost all good choices....when I ate off plan it was only in small portions....I'm not puffy like I usually am from road trips which also tells me my choices were mostly good!

I'm just tired of all the car time....will lounge tonight and then back to the routine tomorrow!
Old 04-23-2013, 04:54 AM   #672

Glad you're home safe and sound. And that you had a good time with good choices.

I'm up a smidge today but I'm also swollen because I decided to eat the same dinner as the guys. It was a primal dinner but full of sodium so the swelling was expected.

Today is officially 2wks away from my next appointment. Although I will be trying to lose as much scale weight as possible I will also be trying to firm up as much as possible with exercise. She never weighs me anymore so I want to look "smaller" than last time.

We'll see what I can do in 2wks.

I checked out a KB video from the library to try out. Plus I have a 21 Day yoga Challenge and one of Jilian's 28 day challenge videos as well. I won't be doing all 3 every day so it'll take more than the 21 or 28 days to complete each one but I'll definitely be giving it a go.

Just ignore the whimpering from the person that hasn't worked out seriously in at least 6 months... maybe even a year. It's been so long I can't remember. But I know I haven't done it since DD was first diagnosed with her heart problem.

I went into hibernation/protection mode and just now feel like I'm coming out.
Old 04-23-2013, 06:37 AM   #673
Bike Tart

Scale is up a bit but I'm not going to stress about it....it happens this way all the time...I see a good loss and then bounce all over for a week at least....

I'm tired today...didn't sleep long enough so will try to nap later.

I am sure I'll be whimpering a lot once I get back to exercise...I just haven't been able to stick with anything lately....I'll do some indoor biking today...I'll work on that for a little while and then get busy with weights/kbs after our trip for Baby Ruth's birthday the weekend after next...
Old 04-24-2013, 07:06 AM   #674

Good Morning!!

Scale is down but not as much as I would have liked. I made really good choices yesterday but also see where I can do some tweaking to get my plan "just right". I'm working on that today.

I also began my exercise full time this week so I'm sore but so far it's a good sore. In fact I'm surprised it's not worse. Makes me wonder if I should enjoy it or push harder.

Hope you got your nap and bike ride.

Back to accountability for me:

breakfast: coffee/almond milk(store was out of coconut)
snack: homemade protein shake(half serving protein powder + half serving nonfat dry milk)
lunch: tilapia with sweet potato and baby spinach
snack: homemade Tahini Smoothie(one serving)
dinner: either same as lunch or some chicken and a salad or a homemade protein shake(powder and dry milk)
evening snack: another tahini smoothie(half serving)

Exercise:
Yoga and breathing exercises ~~ Done
Leg Lifts ~~ Done
KB Basic swing ~~ To Do
Walk or Bike Ride ~~ To Do
Old 04-24-2013, 04:43 PM   #675
Bike Tart

I napped a lot yesterday! Didn't get the bike time because I napped too much!

I had a busy day today...went to Mom's, did some shopping for a gift for a confirmation we are going to on Sat.

DH has found a vehicle that he wants....it's higher in price than I wanted to spend but if he can get them to come down a bit I'm just going to go with it so we don't have to keep looking....he's getting stressed about finding a vehicle and it's driving me nuts!

I better go get some dinner started....need to get my kitchen cleaned up tonight....have a hair appt. in the morning....need color and trim before the weekend!
Old 04-25-2013, 05:45 AM   #676

Happy Thursday!

You obviously needed the rest and I'm glad you got it. Sometimes our bodies know what they need.
Hope your Mom is doing well under the circumstances. And I hope that the car isn't too much for you guys.

Well, I'm definitely down on the scale and what I'm doing now seems to be working. Not sure of my menu today just yet. Not awake enough to care about food.

So far though:
2 coffees, one as a homemade shake

Exercise:
yoga stretches plus a few strength moves.
weight lifting or KBs which ever I'm in the mood for today
walking later with the family(hopefully since everyone's been sick)
If no walk then a session on the spin bike.
Old 04-25-2013, 06:41 AM   #677
Bike Tart

Good Morning! Getting hair done in about an hour...need trim and color....I wish I had never started coloring my hair...it's such a pain to keep it up....I'd have to shave my head and start over if I wanted to stop coloring...and I know my guys would hate it!

We have an appt. to go look at the car tomorrow morning...test drive and all...I'm hoping they can work with us a little better on the price...DH told me all about it last night...it has all the features he wants plus more....I told him we'll just get it if the test drive is good...

Not sure what I'll be eating today...I really need to get back in the habit of making more things that are on plan so it's easier to just grab something...I don't have off plan food but I just feel like I could be doing better....
Old 04-25-2013, 11:00 AM   #678

updated menu:
3 coffees, two of them homemade shakes
2 large cups of lemon/honey tea (for cough and sore throat my kids decided to share)
1 cheese stick just to have something solid when taking vitamins

Planned:
dinner: bacon and eggs for the family
I'll probably have low sodium egg drop soup instead
or another shake
Just not in the mood for much food today.

I guess that's a good thing.

Haven't done anything other than my yoga so far. I'll try to get it in later when kids are done with lessons.
Old 04-26-2013, 04:45 AM   #679
Bike Tart

Good Morning! We have an appt. to test drive the car DH picked out while I was gone last weekend. I'm sure we'll be getting it because he has already made up his mind that it is the one he wants.....I just want to be done looking for one!

Scale has bounced back down to close to last Saturday's low....I wish the bounces were less extreme...

Not much else going on today...a few errands, going to Mom's...then tonight I have to get things ready for tomorrow...a friend's daughter is being confirmed and we'll be gone for that all day...it's over an hour away, the confirmation is in the morning and then a party at the house followed by a big party in the evening...I'm tired just thinking about it!
Old 04-26-2013, 06:29 AM   #680

Good Luck with the car. Hope you like it!!

I'm continuing steadily downward on the scale for the moment. But I'm also sick now with the kiddos cold so not sure how long this will last. Hoping it's not affected by it.

menu so far:
2 coffees with coconut milk and a banana

planned:
not really sure yet... I'll update later...

exercise:
Will be light today since any major movement starts me coughing.
Old 04-27-2013, 05:42 AM   #681

Happy Weekend!!

Well, in spite of having had something super salty for dinner I'm in the next set of 10's.

That's what I call each set of numbers like 150's, 160's, etc.... in case that made no sense.

Anyway, I was shocked to say the least but ecstatic.

I'm pretty sick with a sore throat at this point so I don't think it'll be hard to stick to the shakes this weekend. Weekends are always the worst for me.

Off to work on the house, grade papers, and run errands. Laterz!!
Old 04-28-2013, 04:59 AM   #682

So, in super salty dinner tradition...

I went down again....

I was surprised as you can see.

Two nights in a row I've stuck to my plans each day but just had something saltier than I should have for dinner. Expecting gains each time, I was rewarded with a huge drop the next day.

Granted my body is currently fighting off a nasty cold/infection thingy so it could be that.

I'm just happy that I have broken through on of my walls that seems to stop me.

Hoping I'll continue past the next one that is fast approaching and that this is an indication that I found my mojo again.
Old 04-29-2013, 09:00 AM   #683

Happy Monday!!

Had hot wings with the guys last night. Not something I normally indulge in. Not really a flavor I crave. But I am sick with sinus and chest congestion so I figured hot spicy food should help.

I also assumed with all the sodium in them that I would be FINALLY up on the scale today. Nope....

I wasn't down either...

But the same exact weight is nothing to sneeze at.

Not in the mood for much food today so I'll probably be down a significant amount again tomorrow. I hope...

I've almost naturally created an Up/Down rotation in my days again. I noticed that when I went to look at my food diary for the past week or two to see what was finally working.

So, the combo of the rotations and doing shakes/lean and green each day is working out. Still hoping it'll continue past my next wall that is about 8lbs away.

Exercise is a no go for now while I recover... Hopefully that won't affect the loss though.
Old 04-29-2013, 11:26 AM   #684
Bike Tart

Had a decent weekend....a few off plan things at the confirmation party on Sat. but could have easily done a lot worse....yesterday kept it simple and fell asleep before dinner so I missed dinner! The guys made their own and let me sleep...

Scale bouncing around but in a lower range of numbers....hope to stay away from the higher range altogether now.

Meeting DS for dinner tonight at Red Robin...will get a bunless burger...taking granddaughter along, too...should be fun!
Old 04-30-2013, 06:10 AM   #685

Happy Tuesday!!

I'm glad your bounces are getting lower.

I've dropped some more on the scale today.

I was honestly kind of surprised because I had the DH bring home some gluten free potato chips yesterday and that's all I munched on all day.

It was the only thing that sounded even remotely appetizing while sick. I figured the sodium alone would have me up.

I'm not going to do that on a regular basis though. No use taking any chances.

I'm now 6lbs away from the next wall I have to bust through. But I'm getting nervous because I'm also going to see the doc tomorrow about the chest cold. If she puts me on antibiotics there goes any weight loss.
Old 04-30-2013, 06:46 AM   #686
Bike Tart

You're doing great! Hope that all goes well with your appt. tomorrow....

Scale hit the lowest it's been in over a year.....I know it will bounce around again for a while but it was nice to see that low number. I am not even going to pretend I understand what goes on with my body....I ate very little and all on plan Sunday and was up a bit yesterday....then yesterday I had a baked potato for lunch and a few fries and onion rings for dinner with my bunless burger and saw the new low today....weird!

Off to get ready to go to Mom's....have a good day!
Old 05-01-2013, 06:36 AM   #687

Happy Wednesday!!

Hope you had a good visit with your Mom.

Hope the scale continues to be kind to you.

I'm up a bit today but I know why. This time the sodium caught up with me. I tried a recipe for Not Beanie Weenies that was really yummy but I used sausage that I needed to eat or freeze.

Can we say sodium party going on?!

I finished the last of it for breakfast this morning and will be flushing it out the rest of the day topped off with just a shake for dinner. Hopefully that will have me down plus some tomorrow.

So, I go to all the trouble of calling the doc for today and what happens?? I end up waking up feeling better.

Still going out but not expecting much more than, "You're okay. Come back if you get worse."....

I've got two doc appointments(one for blood work), packages to mail off, and school packets to at least get ready if not mailed off. Plus the usual house work, school work, etc etc....

At least I'll be so busy I won't be hungry most of the day.
Old 05-01-2013, 05:09 PM   #688
Bike Tart

Bounce back up but not too high...will probably be bouncing for a week because we're going to visit DS/DIL and Baby Ruth this weekend....who knows what we'll be eating...I'll do my best.

Went to Mom's again today and will be going again tomorrow....

Food has been good so far today, lots to get done before the trip....laundry, cleaning, cooking, freezing some foods that I shouldn't have bought this week....
Old 05-02-2013, 04:25 AM   #689

Happy Thursday!!

Hope your bounces will continue to go lower each time. Even during your trip.

Hope visit with Mom went as well as possible.

Well, I'm still sick but I'm healing so there was really no reason to go to the first doc. Second was just blood work to prepare for next week.

Got the packages mailed off and some other errands done but not everything so I'm a smidge disappointed about that.

Unfortunately when it's your lungs that are sick you really only have so much stamina before your body says no more.

Had an off plan dinner last night. Since it was my day for appointments it was my choice but nothing sounded good. So I asked them what they'd been craving recently or what sounded good to them. All I got back was, "Food"... which is why I when I saw that picture you posted on FB.

We ended up going somewhere we haven't gone in ages and having completely bad for us food. We'll all be paying for a few days but it was worth it.

Other than that... Not much else going on. Just finished up a section of this week's project. Sickness and rain made it hard to do what we were planning so we've had to improvise.

Next week we'll be back in the kitchen so I need to sit down and figure out what I want to do... then figure out what we can afford to do. Often two very different things.
Old 05-02-2013, 05:21 AM   #690
Bike Tart

That FB picture really had me laughing because for years they'd answer "something good" when I asked what they wanted.....oldest still does that! Many times when they were teens they'd ask what's for dinner and I'd say "whatever you make!"

Lots to do today to get ready to go see DS/DIL and Baby Ruth...can't believe she's going to be 2 on Saturday! Where does the time go?

Still in the upper end of the bounce range......I'm sure that's where I'll be for a while....I had hoped to lose about 30 lbs by mid June but that's not happening....I'll do the best I can...