Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2013, 06:56 AM   #631
Bike Tart

Gallery: mamagiff
WOE: general low carb
DH's scan is clear...just a bad sinus infection...I'm so relieved!

Hope your DD is doing well today!

Scale is at the bottom bounce range today....I'm really hungry right now so I better have a decent breakfast so I'm not grazing today...

Off to Mom's in about 20 minutes....see ya later!
mamagiff is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-27-2013, 09:33 AM   #632
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: DarkSiren
WOE: What Ever it Takes!!!!
Start Date: Recommited January 2014
DD is doing great. In fact for her walk today she's wanting to brave walmart since it's too cold outside. I think she's nuts and will probably want to leave immediately.

So happy that your DH's scan came out clear.
DarkSiren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 08:25 AM   #633
Bike Tart

I'm going to be busy getting things ready for our visit to DS2's....can't wait to see Baby Ruth....Kayli is sleeping over tonight so we don't have to go pick her up in the morning. We're going to Skype with DS2 tonight after dinner! It will keep her entertained while I do any last minute stuff....

Scale is down to a new lower number than I've had in a long time....I will have to be extra careful to have no grains on the trip so I don't swell up like a tree trunk!

I have decided that since I'm usually not in the mood to eat dinner I'm going to do shakes in the evenings....it will get me some nutrition and will keep me from eating more than I should (like I do when I make dinner and eat with DS)....

Going to try a Paleo bread recipe I got from DS2's HS girlfriend (we're FB friends and she's very into fitness and Paleo eating)....I'll let you know how it goes...I'm looking for something I can take with me this weekend that I can have at breakfast...I can usually get through the other meals ok but seems like breakfast is always a challenge when I'm not home.

We gladly feast on those who would subdue us! - Addams Family Creed

My Facebook
Old 04-01-2013, 05:30 AM   #634

Happy Monday!!

Hope you had a wonderful Easter!!

Starting a sugar detox here. I would love to do the actual 21 day one but I can't really spend the money on the program right now so I'll just wing it and do basic low carb/ primal without fruit and with low carb veggies.

I really need the reset.

Endo appointment in 2wks and would like at least 10lbs off for it. Won't be much but at least it'll be something.
Old 04-01-2013, 05:52 AM   #635
Bike Tart

Good Morning! Had a great time in St. Louis! Baby Ruth is a hoot! We are going back on Saturday to get Kayli....we'll stay overnight and head home Sunday after lunch. It was good to see DS and DIL, too!

I didn't do too bad with food although I did eat a bit off plan....I'm back at the top of the bounce range but my feet and ankles are a little puffy so I know there's retention going on...I'm just happy that I'm not as puffy as most trips...

Fridge is bare so I have to go get groceries today...we are also going to stop at look at new cars....ours really isn't good for road trips anymore if we have Kayli along...just not enough room. We'll look at the new ones to see what we like and then we'll start searching for the same in used to buy. DH would love to get new but they are so expensive! We know sort of what we want so we just need to find the right one!

Really need to step up the workouts and get some muscle and lung capacity back...I want to be able to walk around Disney this summer and do stuff with the granddaughters...
Old 04-02-2013, 08:35 AM   #636

I'll be honest... I'm struggling.

Easter candy is doing a number on me.

I keep trying to get clean again but it keeps pulling me under.

Today I've been doing "fat bomb" shakes to hopefully keep the candy monster at bay... We'll see how it goes .
Old 04-02-2013, 09:08 AM   #637
Bike Tart

I hope you can get past the Easter candy....it's so hard to stay away from it....

I'm down 11 lbs...retention much? My feet look normal again and only one ankle is still a tiny bit puffy....we'll see what happens from here. I will bounce back up this weekend since we'll be traveling again.

I've got cooking to do today....also getting my hair trimmed and colored if my friend remembers to show up...

I think I overbought food again....we won't be here Sat. and Sun. so I have to plan my food carefully....
Old 04-03-2013, 05:19 AM   #638

Holy Swelling Batman. That was a lot of water retention.

I can only hope that is what I'm dealing with as well.

I am starting to slowly go back down on the scale but not a whole lot because I had some more sodium filled dinner yesterday.

Thankfully today is a very light meal day. So this should help with the rest of my fluid retention.

Oh and the "fat bomb shakes" helped considerably to avoid the candy.

Now I'm going to try the bullet proof version as soon as DH gets home with the correct butter for it.

I'm also getting a new screen/storm door. I'm so excited. DH and my Dad just left to pick it up.
Old 04-03-2013, 09:39 AM   #639
Bike Tart

How do you make your fat bomb shakes? I may need that for a while!

I bounced back up 9 lbs. today....I'm wondering if it's my scale....although DH is always within the same few numbers....maybe we'll get a new one...I just don't know....I'll have him put new batteries in again but it wasn't that long ago that he changed them. Just frustrating!

On top of that, I have a bad headache again today...I'm thinking it's from the new BP meds because I've had one almost every day since starting them. I really had hoped that with menopause I'd lose the headaches....I did till this past month...will be calling them with my BP readings in the morning so I'll mention it again....

How's DD doing? Hope she's improving daily!
Old 04-04-2013, 06:13 AM   #640
Bike Tart

Good Morning! Heading to Mom's in about an hour or so....when I get back it will be chores, etc. for me....

Scale is down 3 lbs from yesterday....I don't feel like it will ever be out of this range of numbers again.....at this point if I could just lose a third of what I need to lose I'd be happy....I don't think I'll ever be able to go beyond that anymore....but losing one third of it would be very helpful.

Guess I better go get my breakfast and get ready to go....I'm going to make a shake for breakfast...trying a new protein powder today...
Old 04-04-2013, 06:15 AM   #641

Well, my fat bomb shakes are just that. I make a coffee and add half a scoop protein powder that doesn't have any carbs or fat. Then I add half a serving of milk powder(if I want carbs).

Finally I add in as many tablespoons of coconut oil as I can stand that day. Some days I like only 1 but others I've done as much as 2 or 3. I know some people can use as much as 4T but that feels a bit excessive to me.

Today I'm doing the bullet proof version of the coffee which uses both the coconut oil(or MCT oil) and unsalted grassfed butter. I can't remember the reason but it has to be grassfed butter or it doesn't work as well.

That's why I had the hubby pick up kerrygold for me. Unfortunately he got the salted instead of the unsalted. I'm still going to try it but if it's too salty tasting I may end up just using the butter on veggies and stuff. Then waiting until I can find unsalted to try again.

Scale wasn't down any more today so I'm hoping the new version of the coffee will help. I'm also doing lots of lemon water and tea in between to get rid of any swelling that's left.
Old 04-04-2013, 02:18 PM   #642
Bike Tart

Well, since I don't like coffee I will be improvising the shakes....I'll make them with coconut milk and coconut oil along with some protein powder....maybe a little fruit or cocoa, too.

Instead of bulletproof coffee, I do diet hot chocolate with coconut oil in it or hot lemondade with coconut oil in it....works for me! I need to get more lemons....I love the hot lemonade!

Today's headache isn't gone yet so I'm just taking it easy for a bit....so much to get done today and tomorrow morning but I just feel lousy so I won't get much done. All I want is comfort food and a nap.....won't be getting either although I'll probably fall asleep in the recliner early tonight.
Old 04-05-2013, 05:21 AM   #643

I'm sorry about the headaches sweetie. Hope you get it figured out.

I used to hate coffee but I've found ways that I can drink it and I really like the energy I get from it. I know eventually I need to cut it out if I want to go full AI(auto immune) Paleo for the best results. But it's hard when without it I'm like a zombie.

Yesterday's bullet proof kept me full most of the day but then everyone wanted to eat out. I didn't remember to weigh this morning but I'm probably up.

Started today with hot lemon water to get everything moving. Followed by another bullet proof.

My family is leaving today which will make it easier to stick to my plan. My intention is to be super super strict over the weekend with general primal and then taking it a step further on Monday with low cal/mod protein until my Endo appointment in 10 days. I'm hoping by doing this all my swelling will be gone, etc... and I'll have a 10lb loss at the appointment. I will be happy with that since we've been going through a lot since the last one.

DD is doing great. Still tires easily but that's expected. Still on lock down for movement. Nothing to stress the heart... only general walking for another 2wks and 3 days.

Which was really disappointing when we had to cancel the beach(one where you have to walk over dunes to get to it) on the one really warm day we had. It would have been really taxing on her...

Even though DH offered to carry her over the dunes I was still worried about him and the fact that he's totally out of shape right now.

Anyway, I think that's pretty much it. Just going to try to get back into our routine and back to eating clean. Everyone is feeling it being off plan for the last week and a half. blech.....

I'll do cardio strictly to get weight moving till my next two appointments are over with but then I'm switching it up to straight weight training after that.

I feel so weak these days and it was never more obvious than when I worried that DD would faint during a shower and I wouldn't be able to lift her out of it. She only weighs around 115lbs so there's no reason that I shouldn't be able to except for being completely and positively out of shape.
Old 04-05-2013, 06:14 AM   #644
Bike Tart

Oh, I hear ya on being out of shape! I'm in the worst shape ever right now...I don't remember ever being this bad....I have been overweight since I quit smoking in 1982 and I've always been active so I'm not use to this at all. I was always strong and rarely got out of breath unless it was really intense...now I am just the opposite...I was telling DH last night that I need to get my strength back...

Scale down again...it bounces all the time...I wish it would bounce below the range it's been in for the last 6 months!

Lots to do today...leaving for St. Louis in the morning....Mom's this afternoon and maybe band practice at SIL's tonight...

Glad your DD is doing well....I'm sure you'll feel better once she can be more active!
Old 04-06-2013, 06:21 AM   #645

Have a safe trip Ms.Linda!!

Doing okay here. Still holding on to a ton of swelling. Lots of fluids today and taking my eating up a notch... or down a notch... depending on how you look at it.

I'll be eating in accordance with my plan but I'm going to throw the Katahn method in there for good measure. I figure after a week of that anything my body is holding on to should be good and gone.

We had plans to clean the house from top to bottom after family left but now I have a sick kiddo so we'll see.
Old 04-06-2013, 08:20 AM   #646
Bike Tart

Good morning from the road! We should arrive at son's house in about 4 hours or so....

Scale is at the low end of the bounce range...I have lemon water for the drive in hopes of keeping retention to a minimum...

Guess I should get off the iPad and chat with DH for a bit!
Old 04-07-2013, 05:12 AM   #647

Happy Sunday!!

Hope the rest of your trip went uneventful.

I'm the same on the scale but also still swollen. Don't know what's going on at this point and really hope it resolves itself before I have to make yet another medical appointment for some weird symptom.

I need to get this stuff moving otherwise I'll have a gain at my first appointment I have coming in a little over a week. I'd hoped for at least 10lbs off. {{sigh}}
Old 04-08-2013, 05:25 AM   #648

Happy Monday!!

Swollen yet again. Really getting tired of this and it puts so much pressure on the joints that it's insane.

If it's not any better by next week it will be the topic of discussion at the Endo's office.

Other than that I'm completely clear of cravings and such so the main detox to get past that is done.

Now to get the fluid gone(hopefully) and the weight going in the right direction again.

Still going to continue with the current program for the next week but back to considering the original weight loss program that worked in the beginning because I don't want to hit my b'day and still be this size.

I'm desperate, at this point, to show some progress.
Old 04-08-2013, 04:49 PM   #649
Bike Tart

I'm so tired and sore from all the sitting in the car! I was only a tiny bit puffy and only up a little on the scale so I'm good....usually I'm up a lot more on the day after long drives. I'm hoping for hot tub time later tonight to loosen up the muscles.

Better go get dinner started...DS will be home soon and he's got a cold so I promised soup...fast and easy!

Hope your puffies go away soon!
Old 04-09-2013, 04:22 AM   #650

Thanks Hon!! Glad you had a good trip. Definitely glad your swelling isn't as bad as normal.

I'm still swollen here but the scale is down. Weird but I'll take it and run with it. Hoping it continues to go down over the next week.
Old 04-09-2013, 04:19 PM   #651
Bike Tart

Scale is up....not sure why but it's not up too much....not going to stress about it.

Busy day today...not home much other than lunch....now I'm in for the night...it's cold, rainy and gloomy so there will be no hot tub tonight.

Felt lousy all day....cramp in my butt that presses on the sciatic nerve and has my leg buzzing and my foot half numb, headache, other body aches and wondering if now my BP is too low....I'm going to call tomorrow to ask how low is too low...felt dizzy-ish a couple of times and checked BP and it was quite low....I need my BP to settle down to normal!

Better go get some dinner made...DS will be home soon, I think, and he'll be hungry... I'm going to make enough for his lunch tomorrow, too....
Old 04-10-2013, 04:37 AM   #652

Sorry you're not feeling well. Hope the BP isn't too low.

I'm almost afraid to say the scale is down today. Don't want to jinx it. But FINALLY the fluid released to the tune of 6lbs over night.

As long as I continue going down I should have a very tiny loss at my appointment next week with the Endo.

And definitely before my migraine doc appointment in about 3 or 4wks.

I've been doing a combo of fat bombs, bullet proof coffee, and a huge sweet potato at dinner(for the carbs and potassium).

This is making my day very high in fat which I can't typically handle(usually no more than 20% these days).

Yet, I can seem to handle the coconut oil fat better than meat or dairy fat.

I'll need to start adding in more protein in the next day or two but I'm trying not to think about that just yet.
Old 04-10-2013, 06:12 AM   #653
Bike Tart

I need to be home long enough to make fat bombs and all the other foods I need to get through the day easier. That won't be today! Heading to Mom's in a couple of hours and will be gone for several hours...I really will have time to make some food when I get back as long as all goes well.

This muscle in my butt is really causing a problem because I can't stay standing too long before it cramps up again....ugh!

But I will make a shake with coconut oil and hope it will hold me till lunch...making some egg salad to take to Mom's...I'm going to add avocado to it today since I have one that needs to be used up. She will like it and I will, too!

Congrats on the loss! I'm the same today...better than being up....still keeping an eye on the BP...I am so tired of my day revolving around taking readings....as I mentioned in my last post, it was really low (for me) yesterday and then last night it was higher than normal....wonder what it will be today?

Off to get showered and ready to go....have a good one!
Old 04-11-2013, 05:41 AM   #654

Hope you had a good day sweetie!!

I'm down another pound but swollen again. Weird....

I added some extra veggies and some protein yesterday because I was starving. Though I did keep the fat as high as possible.

Then my stomach started hurting.

So I am now officially having to cut back the fat again. I'm just glad it allowed me a few days to reset the system before my high fat intolerance kicked in.

What I'm going to do today is fast until I absolutely have to eat. Then I'll have a bullet proof coffee. When I get to the point where I need to eat again I will eat just plain protein the rest of the day. We'll see how that goes.

I'm trying to find the perfect combo that will keep me losing.
Old 04-11-2013, 08:49 AM   #655
Bike Tart

Today is DS1's birthday.....tonight's dinner will be way off plan...I'm making his favorite pasta dish....I'll keep lunch very simple so hopefully dinner won't do too much damage. I have some cucumbers that need to be used up so I'll make a salad with them and I have a couple of tiny steaks and will have one for lunch and the other will be for tomorrow.

Hope your plan for today works well! It's so hard to find that combo that works!
Old 04-12-2013, 04:34 AM   #656

A belated to your son.

I'm so ticked right.... I'm up 3lbs on the scale and swollen yet again. So, yet again I'm going to try to do as close to a fat fast as I can with the bullet proof coffee and homemade fat bombs that I have in the freezer. I guess I'll do that until my stomach hurts again or until my appointment on Tuesday.

After that I have no clue how to keep my weight steady much less going down in the right direction. I'm still not 100% happy with my thyroid dosage so maybe going up on that will help.

I guess we'll find out Tuesday.
Old 04-13-2013, 05:31 AM   #657
Bike Tart

I wasn't home almost all day yesterday....DH wanted to go look at new cars (he really thinks we should get brand new and I say we should get one that's a couple of years old so who knows what we'll end up with)...then to Mom's and then to SIL's till almost midnight...I ate mostly on plan other than a tiny piece of birthday cake and a small scoop of ice cream last night for DS's birthday.

Still having headaches so I'll be calling the dr. office on Monday to ask if they can switch me to a different BP med. The numbers haven't been all that great with the new med so I'm hoping it won't be a problem. I'm so tired of all this med stuff....

I'm having a birthday lunch today for DS...invited MIL, Kayli and her Mom....I'm making DS's requests so it won't all be on plan but I'll do my best! There was cake last night at band practice for his birthday and we brought home the leftovers so they can have that and some ice cream for dessert today.

How's your DD doing? Hope you all have a great weekend!
Old 04-13-2013, 09:00 AM   #658

Happy Weekend Hon!!

DD is doing great other than her head cold she's still fighting.

I was back down a smidge on the scale today but not all the way back down so not completely happy.

I'm sure that TOM is due soon so that probably has "something" to do with it.

Other than that just working on the house/paperwork/errands as usual this weekend. I honestly can't wait until we have just one weekend where we can spend the whole time relaxing and having fun.

Instead of trying to cram work in while we've got hubby available.
Old 04-14-2013, 04:22 AM   #659

Happy Sunday!!

I give up... I'm up on the scale....again...

no matter what I do it doesn't really matter....

so I guess I'm pretty much stuck at this size....
Old 04-15-2013, 05:19 AM   #660

Happy Monday!!

I forgot to weigh and TOM came early yet again. I think DD and I are trying to sync up again.

My Endo appointment is tomorrow and I'm pretty sure with how swollen I am that I will have a gain. Oh well.......

I'm going to reschedule my next appointment (headache doc) forward a week or two to accommodate what I've got going on calendar wise. That will also give me a couple weeks more to hopefully lose something and not have to deal with two disappointing appointments back to back.

Other than that I'm just floundering because I'm unsure what plan to follow for weight loss. I love how I feel on paleo/primal but I don't really lose anything. I maintain very well though. I know I can't eat junk food because even if calories are low I'll still gain so that's obviously out. Besides I get sick on it....

I still keep coming back to that protein sparing fast program but hubby is once again irritated that I'm even thinking about it. I need to get this figured out soon though if I want to meet ANY of my goals for my 38th b'day in July.