Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2013, 07:41 AM   #601
Bike Tart

Gallery: mamagiff
WOE: general low carb
Good Morning! We are planning a low key weekend without lots of projects...there are a few things to get done but we are going to a movie today and then we'll hang out at home...we need to unwind and recharge. I'll do some cooking and a few small chores but the only other bigger project will be moving DS's elliptical from the garage to the guest bedroom. We aren't having anyone coming to stay with us till mid summer as far as I know so we will move it and use it! He'll be taking it with him when he moves in the summer so we might as well use it while we can. I got on it yesterday and I think I'll be able to do a little time on it....along with the bike I should be getting back some fitness!

Speaking of bike....time to get on it and get some pedaling done! Also have to color my hair...my roots are so obvious now that it looks like I have a white headband on when I have my hair up!

We gladly feast on those who would subdue us! - Addams Family Creed

My Facebook
mamagiff is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-10-2013, 04:29 AM   #602
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: DarkSiren
WOE: What Ever it Takes!!!!
Start Date: Recommited January 2014
Happy Sunday!!

Hope you got some projects finished.

Not so much here...

Ended up with a migraine and of course no one can
seem to work without me.

Hopefully today will be better.
DarkSiren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 07:15 AM   #603
Bike Tart

We got caught up on a lot of recorded stuff yesterday....last night DS went downstairs to go to bed and yelled back up that there was water in the basement..they spent a few hours cleaning it all up...fans running all night...DH discovered the problem and has to go get a part to fix the sump pump. If the builders of this house had down things right the water would not have spread the length of the basement. The drain in the floor near the sump pump is higher than the rest of the floor so water spreads elsewhere...it also pools under DS's bed which is at the other end of the basement...so he had to move his bed (turn the mattress/box spring on it's side) to clear that water out. DH is heading to the hardware store to get the parts needed to do the repairs...I hope he can get it done today before work!

We got the elliptical moved from the garage to the spare bedroom....it's DS's elliptical so when he moves this summer it will go with him but I am going to try to use it while it's here. Not sure how my legs will do but I have to try. I'm tired of feeling like an invalid! Also going to start doing some simple upper body exercises today....

Not getting on the scale for a while...bad food weekend...went to the movies with DH and he always has to have popcorn, candy, soda....I dove headfirst into the popcorn...it wasn't pretty. Need to be better prepared next time...this can't happen again.
Old 03-12-2013, 05:42 AM   #604

Ms.Linda!!
Sorry about the rough weekend.

Don't feel too bad I dove into cupcakes yesterday.

It was a treat for the kiddos for having done so well on our way of eating. We picked them up on Sunday(the only time the truck is over here) and put them in the fridge for after DS's blood work yesterday. He was so glad to come home and enjoy that thing yesterday.

But once it was all said and done I honestly didn't feel the crummy tummy and gain on the scale was worth it. I'll be doing damage control today for all of us.

The kids are also feeling the effects of coming off the sugar/wheat high and both have said that they'll be good for quite a while. No need to buy anymore any time soon.
Old 03-12-2013, 03:38 PM   #605
Bike Tart

Well, I can do 5 minutes on the elliptical so far! I could probably do a little more but don't want to overdo it so soon! Between that and the bike if I do them both twice a day it will give me a half hour of cardio...I did some pushups at my kitchen counter, too....I'll never be able to do them on the floor because of my knee but the counter is a good angle and I can adjust the difficulty by hand positions and by moving my feet back a bit more when I'm ready.

Food is ok today...talked with DH about our food and how we really need to be more careful with our choices...or at least I do...he is supportive but he is also one to offer treats that I shouldn't have.

I'm off to do my elliptical time now....my legs are sore from yesterday but it's a good feeling to be sore from exercise!
Old 03-13-2013, 05:21 AM   #606

Glad you're starting to get back into your exercising.

Really hope you and the hubby can get on the same page eating wise.

But I'm totally there with you when it comes to a hubby that likes bringing home our fave goodies.

Mine is doing "better" but still jumps at the chance to get me something if I say I'm having a craving. Doesn't realize that sometimes I'll "say" I'm having one but that doesn't mean I want him to go grab what ever it is.

My weight is back up to the wall that I tried so hard to break through. I didn't want to admit it and kept hoping it would come back down before tomorrows check in. I'm still hoping but if it doesn't then I may ignore the check in on FB. I really don't want to share if I've gained.

I know it's partly stress and partly eating too much of the good food... including the baked grain free goodies that I already know I can't have often.

And of course the off plan treat that I allowed everyone on Monday.

I need to get back to counting cals and avoiding the grain free baked items. They just don't agree with me.
Old 03-13-2013, 06:05 AM   #607
Bike Tart

I don't know how many times I've said to DH that just because I say something sounds good it doesn't mean he has to go get it for me! I've been saying it for 40+ years and he still thinks if I say a chocolate shake sounds good that it means I want one and he gets one for me! I try so hard not to say something sounds good but sometimes it slips out and the next thing I know he's bringing it in!

I'm so sore from my exercise but I don't mind because I know it's doing me good! I know I said I'm going to do twice a day but I think maybe I better wait on twice a day till the worst of the soreness is done...once a day will be fine for now. I need to go slow so I don't have any problems.

I was doing some reading online regarding muscle pain/weakness and discovered that the stomach meds I'm taking are another source of that! I didn't even suspect that! These are not a required med...I had asked for the prepscription because it was less expensive than getting OTC stuff....so I'm going to stop taking them daily....will keep them on hand if I have any problems but once the bottle runs out I will switch to OTC stuff as needed...I know these aren't the whole problem but maybe combined with the other meds it made things worse.

I really haven't tried any of the gf baked recipes although I have collected quite a few....I'm not much of a baker and we've never gotten into the habit of having baked things around so that's a good thing for me!

I'm working on a list of foods that will be simple to make and easy to bring along to DS's house when we go visit for Easter. I'll be teaching DIL how to make one of my Mom's dessert recipes and I think that I can make a version for me using the oopsie rolls. I'm ok with not having the real thing because I've had it so many times in my life and the grain free version will be ok. I'm also going to make some flaxbread to take along for my breakfasts since they mostly have cereal and toast in the morning. They do eat fairly nutritious but they are not grain free or sugar free. We'll be making an Easter dinner and I'm sure that I will have small servings of the side dishes that are not lc but as long as I stay grain free or close to it I think I'll be fine. I won't say that I won't eat the food because I know I will have a taste of things...

Just got a call that our car is ready to be picked up so I better go get dressed and wake DH....well, I'll get completely ready first...we got to bed really late (hot tub time last night!) so he needs to sleep a bit longer!
Old 03-14-2013, 04:50 AM   #608

Sounds like our hubbies have a lot in common.

I chose not to weigh this morning. I'm so swollen that it couldn't be good.

I'm doing better energy wise because of the new thyroid meds but the weight that the doctor swore would start falling off just isn't happening.

I'll tweak and try to find my sweet spot again.
Old 03-14-2013, 06:57 AM   #609
Bike Tart

The scale was down a bit....still in the same range of up and down but I like seeing it on the down side! Maybe it will continue in that direction for a change!

I have a headache this morning...I'm not sure why unless it's from all these med changes the past few months...have to call in BP numbers tomorrow...wonder what they'll do? The numbers have not been great...

I skipped exercise yesterday because my back hurt as the day went on...it wasn't exercise sore but pain so I didn't want to aggravate it...still hurts today...I'm wondering if we need a new mattress...DH has been complaining about it for a while but it never seemed to bother me...I think maybe we should try sleeping in the guest bedroom and see how we feel. I hate to spend the money on a new one but if we need it I guess we better get it....it's probably time...

Not sure about food for the day yet...need to do more cooking (it's neverending!)...need to do a few errands.
Old 03-15-2013, 05:12 AM   #610

Hope your ups and downs on the scale create a general downward trend.

Sorry about headache. Hope you feel better today. Headaches unfortunately can be a side effect of the high BP. Hubby gets them bad when his is up.

Decided to face the scale this morning. It was pretty bad.

I've also been holding a ton of fluid the last few days so I'm really hoping that's the issue.

I need to get back into a regular fitness routine. I think that would help considerably but it's hard when I have to either
drag the family kicking and screaming or do it alone.

Guess I better set up my home gym again so I can do it in the mornings before everyone gets up.
Old 03-15-2013, 11:28 AM   #611
Bike Tart

Bounce, bounce, bounce! Back up again....so far it just bounces in the same range....never lower....sigh...

I'm sure the headaches are BP related....I'll have enough readings to call in on Monday and I'll mention it to the nurse.

Food is ok, my back hurts so I haven't exercised today yet....will do it when I get back from Mom's. I'm wondering if I overdid it the beginning of the week or if something is wrong with my back? We haven't tried the other bed to sleep in yet...will do it tomorrow night.

I'm feeling generally blah today....sick of all the stress, the lack of progress in weight loss, fitness and so on....sick of no energy and sick of having to color my hair so I don't look scary! Will be coloring later today...

Looked into the price of renting a bigger vehicle for our trip to visit DS and our Disney trip....not happening...too expensive. Now we have to decide if we can afford to get a different vehicle before Disney....I have my doubts but I can't even consider going with 4 of us in one car...no room for that long of a drive!

Better get going....Stepfather will wonder where I am...
Old 03-16-2013, 10:13 AM   #612

Happy Weekend!!

Kind of a rough start to the weekend. Really hoping that it'll improve as it goes along. I want to say it can't get worse but I really don't want to jinx it.... Oh well... Guess I just did...

Scale was down some of the swelling. Not all of it but some. Guess that's better than nothing.

Now I'm off to try and salvage what I can of the day.

Hope you have a great weekend!!
Old 03-17-2013, 07:48 AM   #613
Bike Tart

Happy St. Patrick's Day! DH and I are going to the movies again today....I will try to talk him into getting smaller popcorn and I'm bringing a bottle of water for me...

I went to a baby shower yesterday...ate off plan foods...not a lot but still....

I'm beginning to think that part of my leg pain/weakness was caused by the stomach meds...I quit taking them a few days ago and my legs don't seem to hurt as much...we'll see how I do on the stairs at the movie theater today...maybe I can walk up them easier!

Have a great day!
Old 03-18-2013, 06:06 AM   #614

Happy belated St.Patty's Day.

We had a rough weekend and a crazy busy 2wks ahead of us. I honestly just want it all over with.

I am choosing not to worry about weight right now and just make good food choices. I need less stress not more. DD's procedure is next Monday and we're trying desperately to get ahead on school work, have rooms ready for the grandparents(including their furkids), and keep DD healthy then recovering comfortably.

That's all I can handle right now so the diet thing will just have to be healthy with no worries.
Old 03-19-2013, 05:58 AM   #615
Bike Tart

Good Morning! I won't say try not to worry about things because I know you'll worry till everything is done and your DD is recovered....I'll be sending hugs and prayers the whole time...I can't imagine being in your shoes but stay strong and do your best...let others help you when they offer! And take care of yourself so you can take care of her....

Not much going on here...it's cold and gloomy again. Don't feel like doing much so I'm thinking of challenging DH to some Wii sports this morning...I don't think we have anything that has to be done that can't wait while we play a little...

Scale is still hanging around the top of the bounce range.... Oh well...maybe I'm just doomed to be like this....
Old 03-19-2013, 06:30 AM   #616

Thanks Hon!! I appreciate it.

I did weigh this morning since I'm just used to doing it almost daily. The number didn't make me want to cry so we're good here.

Maybe less stress about the weight is what I need.
Old 03-19-2013, 02:19 PM   #617
Bike Tart

Well, I will definitely say that part of the leg problem was caused by the stomach meds...I got on the bike and did 20 minutes without a problem....before I stopped the meds I could only do 10 minutes and that was a struggle! Imagine that!

I called in my BP readings and I'm sure there will be some med changes again...numbers aren't good and I've been having headaches the past 2 weeks....I wonder what will the changes will be?

Less stress would be good for both of us! LOL! I wonder when that will happen?

I'm making salad tonight with chicken in it...nothing fancy but hopefully delicious!
Old 03-20-2013, 05:29 AM   #618

Hope they can help with the BP and glad you were able to figure out the leg issues.

Scale is up but I know why... Doesn't always make it easier but it is what it is..... TOM is due this weekend, I'm stressed, and I ate spaghetti sauce last night. All bad things as far as the scale goes.

Today is fish so it'll be a light day food wise. I'll take advantage and go light on the sodium, drink plenty of fluids, and sweat it out working on the house.

Family will be here Saturday and we are SOOOOO not ready!!!
Old 03-20-2013, 06:22 AM   #619
Bike Tart

Scale is back down some....I'd like to see it bounce out of this range one of these days! I'll just keep plugging along...

Granddaughter is coming over tonight and can only have soft foods (braces adjusted yesterday) so Dreamfield's pasta is on the menu....we'll be Skyping with DS2/family while she's here...not sure what else we'll be doing...maybe a movie or looking at photo albums if she wants.

Time to hop on the bike and then get my shower....massage this afternoon and I need to stop at Mom's to drop off some protein shakes...
Old 03-21-2013, 06:37 AM   #620
Bike Tart

Had a fun evening with granddaughter! We Skyped with DS2 and family for most of the evening!

Going to Mom's in a little while...my sister and niece are coming to town for a visit at Mom's and then we're all meeting my Aunt and cousin for lunch....should be fun!

Scale is the same, BP numbers are a bit better....I'll feel better about BP numbers once they are consistently better!

See ya later! Gotta get my shower and get out of here!
Old 03-21-2013, 06:46 AM   #621

Glad you had a good night!!

TOM showed up early for me so that explains a LOT.

Other than that just working working working. Trying to get everything done by Saturday night.
Old 03-22-2013, 05:58 AM   #622

Wish I could just take today off but still need to keep working.

Wish we hadn't gotten so far behind on everything the last time I was sick.

Family will be here tomorrow night and the bulk of the work should be done by then. Hopefully..

Still not weighing and about halfway through TOM. I'll probably wait till Monday before we head off to the hospital so that I know what I'm working with.

So, after all this drama to get ready for Monday.....

We'll be working on getting her through recovery, then spring break, then getting hubby ready for work trips.

Somewhere in there I also have my endo follow up which I really need some weight off for... and my headache doc who I'd also like to have some weight off for... I guess we'll see how it goes....

That's pretty much it... Just crazy, insane, busy.....
Old 03-23-2013, 06:45 AM   #623

Family will be here tonight. Still have a ton of work to do.

Thank Goodness tomorrow we'll just be hanging out and resting to get ready for DD's procedure on Monday morning.

Lately I've been really getting frustrated with my weight. I've been hovering in the same weight range since October 2011.

That's almost 2yrs dang it.....

Of course I've gone up higher and I've gone down lower. But basically ever since my surgery during that summer I have not been able to do a dang thing about my weight. Nothing works long term.

I am so beyond ready to break this number that I even started looking at the original program I used to get me started in the first place. Even though it's severely restricted and very expensive(which we don't have). Not to mention the fact that the new formula on some of the products has caused allergic reactions.

I want the weight off so bad that I'm willing to deal with the dang hives to lose weight. Bad I know... and no I won't do that to myself but jeez... I'm done..... stick a fork in me.

Okay... done venting... Off to talk to the hubby about the possibility of doing that program again and then move forward... with some sort of a plan after we get through DD's issues. Something HAS TO CHANGE!!!
Old 03-23-2013, 07:22 AM   #624
Bike Tart

Good Morning! Hope you can find a way to get back on the program, Dawn....I just need to find a way to get on any program....I never do really bad but I can't quite do any of them all the way...I slip a little here and there...I guess maybe I'm just not putting myself as a priority.

Hope you have a good weekend and will be sending lots of prayers for all to go well with your daughter!

Not sure what we're doing today but I do know DH has one errand so I may ride along with him. Don't feel like doing anything at all but if I go with him I will have to get dressed and do something!
Old 03-24-2013, 03:00 PM   #625

Happy Sunday!!

Just doing a ton of pre-cook for the grandparents so that if we're stuck at the hospital they won't have to do much other than entertain DS.

Other than that just trying to get through the check list and not forget anything for tomorrow.

Today was "supposed" to be a rest day but we kept remembering things we needed to get done.

I have not weighed but I have made good choices so I'm not worried. TOM is almost out the door so I'll probably let that and the hospital stuff be done and over with before worrying about the scale. At which point I will have made a decision about whether or not to do the program.
Old 03-24-2013, 04:49 PM   #626
Bike Tart

If I don't get here early tomorrow just know that I'm sending prayers and good thoughts in the morning!
Old 03-25-2013, 06:54 AM   #627
Bike Tart

Hope all is going well, Dawn!

Lots to do today...we actually have a really busy week....

I'm going to try to use up food from the fridge and freezer this week...I know I'll have to buy a few things but I really need to use stuff up as much as I can...

Will check in later....
Old 03-26-2013, 11:42 AM   #628
Bike Tart

Busy day....mammogram at the crack of dawn, DH had a dr. appt. that resulted in tests and a CT scan...waiting for results although he has gone to work....I hate waiting and worrying by myself. The bloodwork came back fine so now we have to see what the dr. is looking for with the scan.

I doubt I'll be able to concentrate on anything constructive today....
Old 03-26-2013, 02:35 PM   #629

Hey,
We did pretty good until today my dad decided that we all needed comfort food of the worst sort.

So tomorrow will be about detoxing from that but I'm going to enjoy what we have today. Then I have 3wks of detox and weight loss(hopefully) before my next Endo appointment.

DD seems to be doing well. Sore and tired but otherwise good.
Old 03-27-2013, 04:37 AM   #630

Happy Wednesday!!

I did a damage control weigh in today and it was pretty bad.

Oh well... I expected it so I'm not too surprised and I'm going to start flushing out my system today.