Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2013, 04:38 AM   #571
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: DarkSiren
WOE: What Ever it Takes!!!!
Start Date: Recommited January 2014
Good Morning!!

I'm back down today but feeling really crummy so I'm very sure that TOM is around the corner at this point. So I should expect another big gain within the next few days.

Regular day today... chores, lessons, etc...

New thyroid med seems to be working. I'm still to feel less fuzzy headed and have a little more energy. I've hit the 2wk point today that he said things should be turning around for me. I'm hoping it will continue to improve though because I'm still not 100% myself.
DarkSiren is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-21-2013, 11:28 AM   #572
Bike Tart

Gallery: mamagiff
WOE: general low carb
Hope the new meds continute to work for you, Dawn!

Scale down a bit...works for me....not quite sure why but I'll take it.

I have been feeling a bit better overall since the BP med switch although I still have the leg pain. The problem is that it's not getting my BP in the right range....last night it was good but the last several days it was high....I have to report the numbers to my dr. tomorrow....haven't taken it yet today. I hate all this trial and error stuff with meds and never feeling great or knowing if the med will work.

Need to color my hair today....was supposed to do it last week and ran out of time...getting kind of scary looking again...

We gladly feast on those who would subdue us! - Addams Family Creed

My Facebook
mamagiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 04:56 AM   #573

TGIF!!!

I am soooo happy that it's the weekend!!
Unfortunately it's yucky out today so I'll be lucky if I can get any work out of the kiddos.

I'm up on the scale but it's because of all the sodium I had for dinner last night plus TOM is due this weekend. So no worries.

Other than that just a usual day ahead.
Old 02-22-2013, 06:26 AM   #574
Bike Tart

Good Morning! I decided not to weigh today...no particular reason....just going to wait a few days. I hate daily weighing and I want to just do it once or twice a week.

Book Club tonight....will do my best to stay at least somewhere close to plan!

We got just enough snow overnight that we'll have to go to Mom's to snowblow and salt...then back home for lunch and maybe a small chore or two....back to Mom's for a meeting with the social worker....times like today are when I almost wish I lived closer to Mom again....it would be so much easier going back and forth!
Old 02-23-2013, 05:25 AM   #575

Happy Weekend!!

Yup, some people can't do the daily weighing thing.

I've tried not to but I've found for me personally it gives me more leeway to splurge more when I'm not faced with the consequences.

Had another on plan day just a TON of food and sodium and then TOM showed up this morning. Which of course explains the need to eat soooo much the last couple days when I had barely any appetite before that.

The good thing though is now that it's kicked in, my appetite has cut way back again. Woo Hoo!!

Women's bodies are definitely very interesting.

Well, I'm off to do the daily Saturday fun. We had a little extra money for groceries this week thanks to some very loving Grandparents and their Valentine's gift to us.

The kids were given the chance to pick out one special meal to celebrate and they chose steak.

Which they also asked to have for their special Saturday morning breakfast(used to be donuts).

My kids are so awesome.
Old 02-24-2013, 06:12 AM   #576

Happy Sunday!!

Went ahead and weighed this morning. It was as expected.. a TOM gain.

Not as bad as it could have been but still up there.

OH well... Just hoping that if I keep eating clean that when it's gone it will take a few friends.
Old 02-25-2013, 06:25 AM   #577

Happy Monday!!

Scale is the same today so I'm done with the TOM gain. Hopefully it'll start coming off and taking some friends in the next couple days.
Old 02-25-2013, 03:19 PM   #578
Bike Tart

Had to go to Mom's today...was there most of the day...Stepfather had an out of town dr. appt. and I had a meeting with Mom's RN....all is well with both of them.

Scale is bouncing back up....no particular reason that I can think of. I'll just keep plugging along...it has to go down and stay down one of these days!

DH picked up burgers for lunch....I had mine without the bun, of course....I wanted mac and cheese....I was watching the Food channel at Mom's and 2 different shows featured mac and cheese...it looked so good!

I did some cabinet organizing in the kitchen yesterday with DS...he did all the carrying for me and we've discussed doing all the cabinets...we only did the food cabinets so far.

I also did some cooking....bacon and ground beef got cooked as well as a reuben casserole. Talked to DS about meals for his lunches and what he wants me to make. He wants to go grain free but he wants to go gradually. He eats lc mostly so it won't take long or be too difficult for him....other than social situations. It will just depend how bad he wants to lose weight...he's going on a cruise next year and would like to lose a lot if he can. I hope we can find the right combo of foods for both of us!
Old 02-26-2013, 05:18 AM   #579

That would be great if you guys can find a happy medium for both of you. And he'll have that extra motivation for being ready for the cruise.

I'm gradually come back down from the TOM gain. Probably a couple more days before that's totally out the door. I'm hoping it'll be gone plus some friends by Thursday's official check in.

It's less than 4wks till DD's surgery and I'm wishing she would back out at this point.
Old 02-26-2013, 12:17 PM   #580
Bike Tart

Well, we went and bought a recumbent bike today! Yay! I tried it, of course, and it feels so comfy and it felt so good to pedal! Waiting on a call to schedule delivery....should be within a few days although we've got a huge snowstorm coming through now...

I can't imagine how hard it is to have to wait for a surgery for my child....I'm sure it will go well but it's hard no matter what...hugs to you!

I think DS will do great if he will stay serious...his difficult time is during social situations where he doesn't want to be different than everyone else. But he does great most of the time. He also has been gradually cutting portion sizes and I have to remember to use smaller containers for his lunches...we'll get this figured out!
Old 02-27-2013, 05:39 AM   #581

Woo Hoo for the recumbent bike!!
Hope you enjoy it!!
Thanks for the hugs I greatly appreciate it.

The scale is slowly coming down from the TOM gain but not quite back all the way yet. I'm hoping to be back all the way down for my check in tomorrow but I have a feeling it won't be with any extra. {{sigh}}

Other than that just dealing with some stress here. I'm trying to take things bit by bit but it's still very overwhelming how far behind on EVERYTHING I am right now. I need it all caught up and the house ready for company in the next few weeks and I see no way that I can be ready.
Old 02-27-2013, 07:32 AM   #582
Bike Tart

Good Morning! I'm so excited to get the bike....waiting impatiently for the call to schedule delivery! But the weather is a factor right now...we got 10 inches of snow last night and not sure what roads are cleared yet...going to town in a little while to do snow removal at Mom's...

Food is going good, need to get more prepared...not sure what I'll be eating today....I'll make decisions once I get back....breakfast will be a couple of chicken legs...

I printed a bunch of new recipes for various lc/paleo/primal dishes and if they're good I'll share....
Old 02-28-2013, 04:44 AM   #583

Happy Thursday!!

Scale is back down to pre-TOM weight. So no loss this week but no gain either so I guess I can be happy about that.

Now I have 3wks without those hormones to try and get as much as possible off.

Dentist for the whole fam today. blech.... Plus the usual school work, housework, paperwork, etc etc... Pretty much the same every day.

I will get caught up eventually... I hope I hope...
Old 02-28-2013, 07:56 AM   #584
Bike Tart

Good luck at the dentist....I hate going!

The new bike will be delivered next Tuesday morning! Can't wait...wish it was sooner but I'll have to be patient!

Scale was down 3 lbs. today....not sure what I'm doing or why it's down...I'll be cautiously optomistic right now!

Going to pick up the car today...all fixed! Also have to go get a prescription and a part for the snowblower.

Not sure what else is going on today yet....will decide when we get back from all the errands. The pharmacy I have to use is a half hour east of us and the parts place is a half hour west of us....car place is in the middle....lots of time on the road for us today!
Old 03-01-2013, 05:26 AM   #585

Good Morning and Happy Friday!!!

Dentist went well thankfully. Only a little fussing about my bottom front teeth. Doesn't matter how good I am about brushing and flossing those teeth seem to hold on to everything.

I'm up a smidge this morning but I'm also swollen so not a total surprise.

The Harvest Stew was a hit with me last night.

Hubby said it was "pretty good" and the kids, though they ate it, would be fine if I didn't make it again.

We kind of blew through the food that would have been left overs for the weekend so I'm not sure what to do about lunch today and dinner tomorrow.

Other than that we have the usual stuff this weekend and hoping to get through a couple medium size projects.

If I can get everyone up and moving at a decent time.

I practically have to drag them by their feet from bed on the weekend.
Old 03-02-2013, 06:29 AM   #586

Good Morning and Happy Saturday!!

I'm up again and can't figure out why today. I would need to lose 10lbs before next Thursday just to keep on schedule.

I guess I'll just keep doing what was working and hope my body figures things out before then.

Tons of projects, paperwork, etc to do just waiting on hubby to hurry up with breakfast so he can get out from under foot.
Old 03-02-2013, 06:34 AM   #587
Bike Tart

Good Morning! Today is hopefully cooking day! Lots to get done.....don't feel like doing much.

DS is having a meeting with a cabinet builder at our house in about an hour and a half so I need to finish cleaning the kitchen...had a headache last night so I didn't do it then.

Didn't get on the scale...I think I need to move it to another room....it's very inconsistent and I don't think I bounce that much in a day....we changed batteries in it a few weeks ago so I don't think that's the problem....I want to just chuck it out the window! I'm going to stay off of it for a while....it's not motivating me to continue to do better....I'm just going to plug along eating right and doing what I need to do....
Old 03-03-2013, 05:02 AM   #588

Happy Sunday!!

Spent most of yesterday feeling like crud and was rewarded with being back down on the scale today. So, back to Thursday's weigh in weight. {{sigh}}

I really would like to get to my next goal by next Thursday's check in but it's going to take a miracle.
Old 03-04-2013, 05:50 AM   #589

Happy Monday!!

Scale the same today.

3wks till company and DD's procedure. Eeek!!

Tons of work to do till then.

Calgon Take Me Away!!!
Old 03-04-2013, 06:37 AM   #590
Bike Tart

If Calgon is taking you away, stop to get me, too! I need a vacation! I hear it's supposed to snow here again starting tonight....up to 11 inches! Nooo!

Since the scale is bouncing all over the place, I'm not exactly sure what to use for a start and current weight anymore....I'm down 6 lbs from Feb. 13th which was my last dr. appt. I hope that is correct...I really need to just stay off of it for a while and keep doing what I need to do....

Have to go to Mom's today for meeting with RN and then stop for a few groceries. DH's birthday is Wed. but we're doing his birthday lunch tomorrow because I have to go to Mom's before lunch on Wed. DH will go to Mom's w/me for lunch but I'll be making something easier since I have to cook there. He wants spaghetti and meatballs tomorrow...I'll get Dreamfield's so it won't be quite so bad for me....I'll do a stir fry at Mom's on Wed.

Better go get some breakfast and do a couple of chores before it gets any later....
Old 03-04-2013, 11:28 AM   #591

Well, Calgon took me right into the migraine from heck.

Spent most of my day dealing with that and nothing else.

Came out of it just in time to have to start getting ready to go pick up some written scripts for the kiddos. We're going to attempt to have the military pharmacy fill them even though they're from civilian docs. Wish me luck.

They are just getting too expensive for us to carry anymore.
Old 03-05-2013, 05:39 AM   #592

Good Morning!!

Still not feeling well and starting to wonder if it's something else. I'll give it one more day then go to the doctor if it doesn't ease up or gets worse.
Old 03-05-2013, 06:39 AM   #593
Bike Tart

I hope you feel better soon, Dawn....

My new exercise bike is to be delivered in less than a half hour! It's snowing out but not so bad that they would cancel.

Making DH's birthday lunch today even though tomorrow is his birthday...we have to be at Mom's tomorrow so I'll make a different favorite of his at Mom's....Stepfather is supposed to go to the dr. tomorrow although his daughter may leak out of taking him if the snow we get today is bad...in that case, Stepfather will be eating with us because we'll be over there doing snow removal.

Scale is down a bit more...I decided to just go with the number from Feb. 13th as my start number and go from there. I hope that once I can get pedaling I'll see better progress instead of the constant bouncing....
Old 03-06-2013, 05:48 AM   #594
Bike Tart

Love my new bike! Very quiet and smooth ride! Don't have to turn up the TV while I'm on it....it will take a while to get back muscle enough to go more than about 10 minutes at a time...will try to get on a few times a day when I'm home....at least once in the morning and once in the evening...more if I can squeeze it in...ten minutes goes very fast!

Not sure what I'll be eating today...going to Mom's this morning and then I have a massage in the afternoon...

Today is DH's birthday! Wish we could do something fun but too many other things that need to get done first!
Old 03-06-2013, 06:05 AM   #595

to your sweetie!!!

Glad you are enjoying your bike!!

Still sick here. Good thing about it is I saw a weight I haven't seen since the beginning of February. It's amazing what happens when you can only stomach white rice.

Doctor at 11am so I'm hoping together we'll be able to figure out what's wrong and that it's nothing actually serious.
Old 03-06-2013, 02:15 PM   #596

Okay seems the stomach pain is, as far as she's concerned, nothing to worry about for the moment. Could be sludge from not having a gallbladder or irritation to my hernia scar tissue.

The back pain from out of no where did concern her a bit but it's a wait and see situation since there's nothing "obvious" wrong. She feels that it's probably my immune system battling my body because of some other symptoms I'm having.

So, I'll have to keep bolstering my immune system and I have some pain meds to help me sleep at night. Last night was so awful that I'm breaking my rule of no pain meds.

She gave me the mildest one she could(other than OTC) and my Mom takes it with no issues so I should be good.
Old 03-07-2013, 04:20 AM   #597

Happy Thursday!!

Slowly making my way down the scale and making progress.

That's the only thing that counts.

I am super impatient though.

Still in some discomfort today but doesn't seem to be as bad as yesterday so I can hope that that's getting better as well.
Old 03-07-2013, 11:45 AM   #598
Bike Tart

Glad the scale is moving for you! I didn't think about stepping on mine today....crappy eating day yesterday so it would not have been smart.

Glad you're feeling better!

My massage yesterday was nice, as always! But all this muscle pain is crazy....at least part of the leg pain is from the bike....I can tell the difference between exercise pain and pain. My arms hurt pretty bad for a while yesterday...broke down and took some Aleve.
Old 03-08-2013, 05:07 AM   #599

Happy Friday!!

Sorry you're in pain too sweetie. Hope you can get it figured out and some relief soon.

Mine is all but gone at this point. The major pain anyway. My regular daily pain will always be there but it's something I can deal with.

I should NOT have weighed today. For some reason I always go up after my Thursday check in and today was no exception. Make's absolutely no sense.

Oh well.... I'll just keep chugging along.
Old 03-09-2013, 05:52 AM   #600

Happy Weekend!!

Although completely on plan yesterday I ate way too much and a ton of sodium. So I'm choosing not to weigh again before Monday. No use tempting fate.

Other than that... Just tons of house projects, paperwork, and getting ready for family.