Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2013, 06:27 AM   #541
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: DarkSiren
WOE: What Ever it Takes!!!!
Start Date: Recommited January 2014
Happy Sunday!!

I'm up on the scale today but I know why so will make adjustments.

Hubby made it home safe and sound.

So, next thing on the agenda is working on the dang school packets.

And an Endo appointment on Thursday... FINALLY....

Hope you're having a great weekend.
DarkSiren is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-04-2013, 05:40 AM   #542

Happy Monday!!

Up again on the scale... Really ticked at this point... Going to be extra careful today and hopefully will be back down tomorrow. Only a few days till my appointment.
Old 02-04-2013, 06:23 AM   #543
Bike Tart

Gallery: mamagiff
WOE: general low carb
Had a good weekend.....stayed home for the Super Bowl even though we were invited to a party....just not feeling up to a party yesterday. I didn't eat great over the weekend but at least I know I could have done so much worse if I had gone to the party.

I need to talk with granddaughter to find out what foods she likes and dislikes so that when she comes over I can make things she likes and hopefully also be on plan....she's coming tonight and I'm making a spaghetti pie thing with Dreamfields but I'd like better choices, if possible.

I don't have lunch planned yet and I'm working on meal ideas for the rest of the week...

Not much else going on other than the usual...errands, Mom's, chores and so on....staying off the scale for a few days....at least I'm not puffy.

Going to start using my bike today....talked about it with DH and he thinks I can be ready for outdoor riding once winter is over....I sure hope so! Obviously we won't be doing long rides but anything outdoors is good for me!

We gladly feast on those who would subdue us! - Addams Family Creed

My Facebook
mamagiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 06:01 AM   #544

Glad you had a good weekend and some fun with your Grand!!

I seem to be down about half of what I was up yesterday.

I'm surprised really since the lean and green last night was some chili.

I didn't eat much since it's full of sodium. Maybe that helped.

I'm not going to be where I wanted to be for my appointment on Thursday but that's okay... I'll deal.

The most important thing is that I'll finally get this stupid thyroid looked at... I hope...

I have a lump that comes and goes... Or I should say it's always there but if the thyroid is swollen I don't feel it as much and when it's not swollen the lump becomes more obvious.

It's crummy that I've been made to wait this long because of the office girl's mess up but I guess it's better than never.

Once this is taken care of and DD's heart appointment next week is done we'll then start the next round of medical appointments. Yearly asthma follow up for DS, my woman exams (blech), and then I'll be putting in again for the arthritis doc that I couldn't get in to see last year. My hands are getting really bad and I think it's time.

I'd been hiding just how bad it was from my hubby until recently. Needless to say he was very upset. I'm sure seeing his 30 something wife unable to turn a door handle or stir a pot of soup is a bit disconcerting.

I'm just used to dealing with pain and I didn't want him to worry.
Old 02-05-2013, 07:06 AM   #545
Bike Tart

Good Morning! Had a fun evening with granddaughter! She is hilarious and I sometimes still can't believe she's back in our lives!

Glad you are finally getting to go see the thyroid dr. and hopefully you'll get some answers and treatment that will help! Sorry about the arthritis stuff...

Today is finish all the chores day....or at least get as many done as possible...everything here is about half done...I'm never home long enough to get stuff finished...I don't have to go to Mom's today so I need to get at least one or two rooms completely done, if I can.

I'm so tired of thinking, planning, cooking, etc. I have to be careful or I will just fall back into eating things that are easy to prepare. I'd like to try to do some cooking today in between all the other stuff I have to get done. I also think I need to just get my ingredients for protein shakes all together in one spot so I can quick make one if I don't feel like making a meal...
Old 02-06-2013, 05:27 AM   #546

Happy Hump Day!!

Glad you had such a good time Ms.Linda!! You deserve to have some happy, fun times!!

I'm now back down all that weird swelling.

So, I'm exactly where I was last Thursday's check in.

Hoping for an extra pound or two tomorrow just so I can say I'm making progress.

Other than that... nothing new... just filling out my paperwork for the new doctor tomorrow and really really nervous. Hope he's nice....
Old 02-06-2013, 07:15 AM   #547
Bike Tart

I hope your new dr. is nice, too...makes things so much easier...

Woke with a headache today....I'm sure it's because I'm worried about the house appraisal for the refinancing...and my Uncle is having surgery right now and I hope it is going well....

I do have to admit that having an appraiser come sure lights a fire to get the house looking better....too many small chores unfinished most of the time...now things look really nice and it didn't take too long to do it....need to keep up with it.

No scale today....will do the best I can for food today....going for massage this afternoon but first going to Mom's to help Stepfather pay some bills..
Old 02-07-2013, 05:08 AM   #548

Good Morning Hon!! And thanks.

I'm up a smidge this morning and up horrible from my last appointment on the records they had faxed over. So, I'm dreading that dang office scale. It's not like I can lose 50lbs before I walk in there so I guess I'll just have to let it go and instead focus on what I'm there for.

I'll pop back in once it's over with to let you know how it went.
Old 02-08-2013, 05:59 AM   #549

Happy Friday!!

New doctor was interesting. The whole visit was a bit .

Started with the office girls getting mad at ME for a mistake THEY made.

The doctor himself was okay... Kind of distant but professional. Listened to me but focused on the weight rather than me feeling better overall. But was able to come up with a possible solution. Felt that I wasn't absorbing my meds correctly and gave me something different to try. Seems confident I'll feel better within 2wks and that I'll start losing more significant amounts again.

I can only take it and hope and that he's right. I go back for retesting in 8wks to see how it's going numbers wise.

Hope your headache is better and that the appraisal goes smoothly.
Old 02-08-2013, 10:53 AM   #550
Bike Tart

Hope the new meds work! Why do they always have to focus on the weight instead of the problems?

I see I forgot to post yesterday....the refinance loan is approved pending the appraisal so I'm hoping that is good!

I'm at Mom's all day and overnight....Stepfather called saying he's sick....DH had to come and clear snow from the driveway and sidewalks and salt it all....apparently Stepfather's kids can't bother to do that even though they live in town and I'm a half hour away....no matter, it's done and I'll hire someone next time if we can't get here early enough to do it. I hate sticking DS and DH with it....they have their own stuff to get done.

Scale was up, I'm a bit puffy and it's only going to get worse because I didn't have time to get food together to bring here...DH picked up some burgers (one for lunch and one for dinner for me)....I have been trying to think of something healthier that DS could pick up for me but I'm blank...don't want to cook here because the kitchen is miniscule and it's such a pain to work in there.

All I need to do now is figure out where I'm going to sleep tonight...the too short recliner or the bed upstairs that needs to be cleared off...I had hoped DH would have time to bring a mattress downstairs but it wasn't happening...maybe DS can help when he gets here later....
Old 02-11-2013, 05:48 AM   #551
Bike Tart

It was a potato weekend for me.... I'm a little puffy so I'm not getting on the scale....

This week is the start of Lent so I'm going to use that as a place to start over. I usually don't give things up or do much other than no meat on Ash Wednesday or on Fridays....I'm taking a big leap and will be seriously attempting no grains at all during Lent. If I can get through the 6 weeks I will be able to continue longer...maybe I'll give up other things during Lent but not right at the beginning...I feel like I have to do one thing at a time...

Today I will clean out the fridge and then I'm going to start cleaning out food cupboards as well as the pantry....I'll be moving some stuff around to hopefully make it more efficient.

I have to go to Mom's this afternoon and will do some sorting and cleaning there, too....have to get the second bedroom set up with a bed this week if I can....don't want to take any chances of not having a place to sleep if I have to in the future...
Old 02-11-2013, 07:27 AM   #552

Happy Monday!!

I'm getting everyone ready for DD's heart appointment today. She's decided to go through with the procedure and we hope to schedule it in about 5wks.

I'm hovering around the same weight on the scale even swollen. I ordered some more protein powder so I'm hoping that will kick things back into gear. I had run out on Thursday and have been stuck since.

It should be here tomorrow.

When I go back for the follow up with the Endo I will be discussing whether or not another child is a possibility or if I should just hang up the towel on that. I want another one but if trying to control my thyroid during pregnancy will be too hard then I will just be happy with the two wonderful ones I've managed to have in spite of being told I'd never have any.

Gotta run and get everyone moving again. For some reason they stop the minute I do.

Laterz!!
Old 02-12-2013, 05:13 AM   #553

Happy Pancake Tuesday!!

I chose not to weigh this morning due to some nervous eating after DD's heart appointment yesterday. In fact I'll undo the damage today and tomorrow and do my regular check in on Thursday.

We have 6wks till DD's procedure. In the mean time we'll be working hard to get and keep her as healthy as possible.

That will mean sticking 100% to our grain free plan and exercising everyday.
Old 02-12-2013, 05:22 AM   #554
Bike Tart

Good Morning! I got on the scale...I hope some of it is just fluid retention! Yikes! It should not go up that much in a couple of weeks! I'm thinking it was a self sabotage weekend since I have a dr. appt. tomorrow...I have a lot of anxiety about going and although I didn't eat big portions, I didn't make good choices....ugh!

Today is grocery shopping...preparing for Lent meals as well as just better meals for every day. I need to stay grain free, too.
Old 02-12-2013, 08:03 AM   #555
Bike Tart

Just for kicks I got on the scale again 2 hours after the first time this morning and I was 5 lbs. less....hmmmm....retention?! LOL!

Was chatting on FB with DS2's HS girlfriend this morning...she's big into paleo and fitness and I got a recipe for almond bread that looks good....I'll make it and share it if it's as good as it looks! I think she will be a good source of info in the future!
Old 02-13-2013, 05:21 AM   #556

I'm glad that it seemed to be retention.

Doing okay here... Just trying to get back in a groove and it's not quite working.

I chose not to weigh again today. Wayyyyyy too swollen from last night's dinner.

Flushing with shakes and lemon water today so hopefully tomorrow morning's "official" weigh in will have me at least the same if not down.

With the stress we've been under, staying the same would be absolutely fine with me. For once....
Old 02-14-2013, 05:49 AM   #557

And I stayed the same.

Happy Valentine's Day to me.

And Happy Valentine's Day to you as well!! Hope you have a nice one with your sweetie.

I have 21wks left till my b'day and stuff so I really need to kick things in gear if I want to make my goal by then.
Old 02-14-2013, 01:58 PM   #558
Bike Tart

I thought I posted yesterday....guess not...LOL!

I made meatloaf for lunch..DH's fave....will make DS's fave chicken dinner tonight....that's been the exciting V-Day here!

I bought myself a new bead for the bracelet I bought myself for my birthday...calling it my V-Day gift to me! We don't do cards, gifts, etc. for V-Day....I just happened to stop in the store where I got the bracelet to see if they had gotten any shorter ones in...the one I have is just a bit too long and she said I can exchange it but they didn't have any of the shorter ones in stock at the moment. I saw a bead I had been wanting and bought it... It's a knock off Pandora bracelet and I love it!
Old 02-15-2013, 05:11 AM   #559

TGIF!!

Well, we had a good V'day and I was rewarded with a break of my stall.... FINALLY!!!!!

Now to keep this going... and here I was starting to wonder if maybe I need to go off shakes yet again....
Old 02-15-2013, 10:27 AM   #560
Bike Tart

Scale was the same for me today....I'm good with that...

I am realizing that Fridays during Lent with no meat and no grains is going to be challenging! I can do it but I will have to be creative!

Lots to do today so I'm off....will not be online most of the weekend as far as I know...have a good one!
Old 02-15-2013, 10:33 AM   #561

Does fish count as meat?

Maybe a top your own potato night or if you don't do potatoes...
then maybe loaded broccoli/cauliflower instead?

What you would need for filler... I would think.. on those nights would be fat to make up for the missing protein. Or mushrooms... they have a bit of protein.

Last edited by DarkSiren; 02-15-2013 at 10:34 AM..
Old 02-16-2013, 06:06 AM   #562

Happy Weekend!!

Stayed the same on the scale today in spite of taking a day to eat as much as I wanted of on plan food. No counting cals or anything. Just wanted to see how my body would react now that I've been on the new thyroid meds for a week.

So staying the same is an accomplishment.

Still have to count/cut back in order to lose but I am happy that some progress is being made over all.

Now I'm off to start baking some potatoes for the weekend, grade some papers, and try to keep the guys working on chores that I can't do right now(hip is still out).

Old 02-17-2013, 05:14 AM   #563

And I spoke too soon.

Jumped up 2lbs this morning. So either a delayed reaction to the amount of food on Friday or I need to get back to shakes now.

Other than that... just a typical weekend. Try to get some work done and also have some fun in there.

Also I ran up on quite a few Catholic websites while I was looking at organizing that are doing a 40 Bags in 40 Days challenge. To get rid of stuff during Lent. I'm not Catholic but I thought it was a cool idea and I'm going to attempt it as well.
Old 02-18-2013, 04:52 AM   #564

Happy Monday!!

Down a smidge from yesterday but not totally back down.

Ate some things I probably shouldn't have yesterday and that will probably bounce back and hit me for tomorrow's weigh in. It was all stress related though so I know why.

Took everyone out to run errands and before we could get through the first one DD was sick and had to be taken back home.

We'll try again this afternoon after I get some stuff done around here and I can watch her to see if she's any better.

Or I may just go alone which I can never seem to do these days.

Other than that... I have 5wks till DD's surgery and my Mom being up here so I'm going to be as strict as possible. I want to be healthy for my DD and back down to my low before I see my Mom.
Old 02-18-2013, 07:00 AM   #565
Bike Tart

Our weekend away was fun...failed miserably at no grains....let's just say any thoughts of healthy eating went out the window....didn't eat large portions but ate a little of everything served. Need to talk with my friend about revamping our menus when we get together...there is no need for the stuff we ate! None of us needs so many snack foods or desserts! My friend's SIL brought a really good fruit salsa dish that I'd love to get the recipe for...it has avocado, tangerine pieces, craisins and a dressing...it was very light and refreshing...she said she usually uses pomegranite seeds instead of the craisins but could find any. This is something that would be good in the summer...it's light and refreshing!

As for the Lent stuff....I don't like fish/seafood so that leaves me with eggs, cheese, protein shakes on Fridays. We used to do lentils, beans, etc. along with rice or pasta...not doing that anymore! I usually manage ok as long as I can get enough fat with my veggies. I may add a small baked potato on Fridays in a week or two but right now I need to stay on track with what I know I can eat.

I have decided (along with DH..LOL!) that we need to get a recumbent exercise bike....with all the trouble I'm having with my legs I need something easier to use. I can't lift my leg high enough to get on my bike without losing my balance and getting back off will be a pain, too. So when we get our tax return part of it will go for a decent quality bike. I'm so frustrated with not being able to do the exercise I want to do and I only have till June to get some good progress because I need to be able to lose some weight and to be able to move around when we go to Disney!

This week's food will be mostly meats/eggs and some veggies and a little dairy....need to really get back in the groove!
Old 02-19-2013, 05:04 AM   #566

Try out the recumbent bike at the store first. I found that with my hips it didn't feel so good so I ended up just chucking it when the kids broke the monitor. BUT my hubby liked how easy it was on his knees which he has problems with because of an old football injury. His own teammate decided to take him out and caused lifelong issues in the process.

Scale is down a smidge... literally... the only amount its down would not have even registered if it hadn't digital.

I need to make an adjustment somewhere but not sure where. I did have some wine last night but as long as I don't have a lot that hasn't affected me in the past so I don't think that was it.

But we officially finished off the bottle from V'day so no worries with that in the future.

I dropped some of my carbs from my homemade shakes hoping that would make a difference but if it doesn't by Thursday's "official" weigh in then I'll need to figure something else out.
Old 02-19-2013, 11:55 AM   #567
Bike Tart

I'll definitely try any bikes I'm interested in....I'm very picky! That's a good thing when it comes to workout stuff!

Scale is only up one lb. after the weekend I had so I'm ok with that....still a little puffy...eating has been good since I've been home. We went out for lunch...stir fry...yum!

Not sure what I'll be making for dinner...I'm thinking soup sounds good!
Old 02-19-2013, 01:39 PM   #568

Glad the gain wasn't worse.

Haven't eaten much today. Just haven't been hungry and I'm super glad.

Did some baking for the kiddos. So I now have some grain free pancakes in the freezer, cookies on the counter, and muffins in the fridge. We're now set for the week. I only do baked items every other day so these will last a while.

The rest of the time we do real food.

Breakfast was mixed fruit according to what each kid likes. Lunch was cheese and sliced turkey with some veggies on the side.

Dinner will be baked potato night where they load their own potatoes.

I won't be partaking this time.

Last time I had potatoes it inflamed a skin condition I have. I have suspected they were the issue but twice now it's been confirmed. So they are officially off the "safe" starch list for me personally.
Old 02-20-2013, 06:01 AM   #569

I'm up.....

DD is on TOM which means I'm not far behind. So that would account for a weird out of no where gain.

Sometimes it sucks having two females in the house battling for TOM seniority.
Old 02-20-2013, 06:39 AM   #570
Bike Tart

I'm down a lb.....I think....can't remember for sure what I was the other day... Oh well, I'll just continue to call it a loss whether it really is or not!

It's massage day....can't wait! I'd like to do a mani/pedi later today, too, but not sure I'll get to it.

I just bought Dana Carpender's Fat Fast book...interesting....I may try it sometime when I have more time to devote to it. Also got a few free Paleo books for my Kindle app.

Not sure what I'll be eating today....don't think I have any meat thawed so I better go see what I can thaw by lunchtime....