Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2013, 05:19 AM   #511
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: DarkSiren
WOE: What Ever it Takes!!!!
Start Date: Recommited January 2014
Happy Friday!!

Sorry about the step sibling issues Ms.Linda!!

We won't discuss my food choices yesterday.

Only excuse was I was dealing with a sick kiddo all day. His weird body heat without high temp went away and then came back as a high fever. Followed by throwing up all day. ugh....

He managed to sleep through most of the night before waking up around 5am sweating out his fever and throwing up one more time for good measure. Thankfully we were able to clean him up and put him back to sleep afterward.

He says he doesn't even remember that though so he must have been pretty out of it.

Fever seems to have finally broken so we'll see how the rest of the day goes.

I chose not to weigh and will make better choices today.
DarkSiren is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-18-2013, 06:14 AM   #512
Bike Tart

Gallery: mamagiff
WOE: general low carb
Hope your little guy feels better today, Dawn....I hate when kids are sick!

Heading to town today for a few errands and a stop at Mom's to take care of the ice in the driveway...hope I don't have any problems with Stepfather about it....he will say his son took care of it....well his son did a lousy job so my husband has to go there to do it right...

Not sure about food today although I do know we are hoping to have enough time to go to lunch...the place we're going has good options for on plan food so I should hopefully be ok...I'm thinking eggs for breakfast...dinner is still unknown..depends if DS is home tonight or not....

Still working on getting movement into my days...finally can bring the bike into the livingroom this weekend so that will help....can't pedal for aerobic fitness but I can get some movement...I talked with my former PT who comes to do foot massages and she said the bike is a great idea...baby steps!

We gladly feast on those who would subdue us! - Addams Family Creed

My Facebook
mamagiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 06:49 AM   #513

Ms.Linda!!!
Hope you have an awesome day!!

Bout the same on the scale today. Expected a gain honestly but I'm not going to allow myself any more leeway now that little man is feeling better.

So, back to the 100% grain free wagon today. I'll try to make it more clean food as we go along. Right now I'm only concerned with keeping the grains out.

DD and I seem to be avoiding the sickies so far but hubby and son both were sick with different versions of what ever the bug was so we'll see what happens over the next few days. that we've managed to avoid it.

Other than that... just trying to get back into the cleaning/working mood today so that tomorrow I'll be able to run errands and maybe have a little fun without thinking about all the stuff I "should" have done.

Gotta run..... Laterz!!!
Old 01-19-2013, 07:56 AM   #514
Bike Tart

Thanks, Dawn! Busy day here today....getting some paperwork together for refinancing, still packing ornaments, foot massage later and party tonight for my niece....

Will be careful about food today...I know fajitas will be served tonight so I will only take the meat...hope I can resist other goodies!
Old 01-20-2013, 06:21 AM   #515

Happy Sunday!!

Finishing putting up Christmas here. We didn't even decorate that much but it's taken 2wks to put it all away.

After that I'm not sure... We were supposed to get 70 degree weather and some beach time to take advantage but now the weather man is saying 60 degrees which is too cold this time of year... because of the wind. And especially after DS was sick.

Maybe some outside work on the house to take advantage of the sunshine.

I'm up a smidge on the scale but was severely swollen when I woke up so that pretty much explains it.

Already downed some lemon water and some coffee... So hopefully tomorrow will be better.
Old 01-20-2013, 07:01 AM   #516
Bike Tart

Good Morning! Enjoying the peace and quiet of being the only one awake! I'm thinking a cup of hot chocolate would be good right now..it's 8 degrees outside! Windows are frosted up a bit (we really could use new windows on this house....someday!)

DH suggested going to a movie today but I'm not sure if I want to go out....so much to do here! I'm still plugging away at getting the holiday stuff put away, I'd like to do some cooking ahead (neverending!)....he wants to see the football games but suggested I record them for him because I had asked about a movie last week and we have a hard time getting a day to go....but it's so cold out! We'll probably go but then I'll have to pick out one to see!
Old 01-20-2013, 07:04 AM   #517
Bike Tart

I did ok with food last night...had some off plan stuff but didn't go overboard....I had planned for it.

I was talking my friend/PT that does my foot massages (she came yesterday!) and she told me a couple of exercises to do for my sore knee that should help till I can see the dr. She also said ice as much as I can stand and take Aleve or Advil...she said it sounds like the kneecap is out of alignment a bit and the way to keep it in place is to strengthen the quads....
Old 01-21-2013, 06:25 AM   #518

Happy Monday!!

I'm down what I was up yesterday plus a smidge more.

I'm making progress but really really hate that it's progress on a huge amount of weight gained back.... {{sigh}}....

Okay enough wallowing in self pity and moving on... I'm currently losing and that's the good thing.

Let's keep this going!!!
Old 01-21-2013, 06:37 AM   #519
Bike Tart

Good Morning! Glad to hear you're down! That's really good!

I got on the scale this morning...haven't been on it for a while....retention is gone and I'm down 12 lbs.....I don't know why so much because I haven't been strictly on plan....if I knew what was going on I'd continue what I am doing! LOL!

Lots to do today so I'm off....have a good one!
Old 01-22-2013, 05:35 AM   #520

Happy Tuesday!!

Congrats on the 12lbs sweetie!! Hope it continues for you!!

I'm down a smidge more.

Going to continue what I've been doing which has been paleo/primal friendly shakes during the day and a lean and green at dinner.

I think I've found my combo that works just like the original program but without all the additives that were making me sick.

Other than that... Today is like a typical Monday even though it's Tuesday. Need to get the kids back in the school groove after illness and a weekend off.
Old 01-22-2013, 06:09 AM   #521
Bike Tart

Congrats on being down! Glad you found what will work for you!

I am still puzzled by yesterday's numbers...not getting on the scale again for a few days...I do not want to do a daily weigh in...once a week is what I'm going for.

I'm not sure what I'll be eating today....dentist later this morning so I'll be eating soft foods for the next couple of days....probably shakes/scrambled eggs/etc. I have salad stuff to use up and I'd like to make some soup, too.
Old 01-23-2013, 06:22 AM   #522

Happy Wednesday!!

Hope you're doing okay after the dentist yesterday.

I'm down another smidge on the scale.

I'm so happy about that right now but at the same time afraid to be happy in case it goes back up.
Old 01-23-2013, 06:53 AM   #523
Bike Tart

Today is my youngest son's birthday....he's 33....how did that happen???

My mouth is sore and I've eaten poorly...both because my mouth is sore and because I'm having some problems with my sister....I rarely turn to food when I'm stressed but I have not done well the last 2 days...

Have to spend part of today at Mom's, I have my massage this afternoon....

Better go get some breakfast and head over to Mom's....I'm bringing my laptop this time because it's going to be a long day there....see ya later...
Old 01-24-2013, 05:42 AM   #524

Happy Thursday!!

and a belated for your son.

Had to chuckle at the "how did that happen".....

My Mom probably feels the same way with my 38th coming up this year.

If my brother were still with us he'd have been 46 in April.

Boy does time fly....

I don't even want to TALK about the fact that DD starts high school next fall and will officially be old enough to watch her brother if I want to run out to the store or something.

I told her she had to wait until her 14th b'day and that she had to take a babysitting course with CPR, etc... That's all this year.

Plus next year is a big year for us because we'll either be retiring or moving to a new station. Unfortunately after a certain amount of time in, the guys are put on a list of guys that can be asked "gently" to retire and he's on that list this year.

We'll know if they'll be pushing for that hopefully by my b'day in July.

We'll get the list of billet openings by September(DD's b'day) and start making our "Wish List". Should be interesting to see what happens...

We're definitely at a crossroads....

As for the scale it's the same as yesterday even though I woke up swollen from my sausage that I had for my lean and green yesterday. So, if I stick to my plan today I should have a nice loss tomorrow.
Old 01-24-2013, 06:36 AM   #525
Bike Tart

I know about those retirement "lists"....DH wanted to get 2 more years in Guard before retiring but there was no place for him to be moved to that last year....Oh, well...it just started a new chapter when he retired...and it's been nice having him home!

The kids grow so fast! Baby Ruth will be 2 in May....seems like we were just there waiting for her to be born!

Yesterday was better for food...feeling less stressed than the last few days...I had my massage yesterday, too...that always helps!

Not sure about food today but I will be mostly staying home all day...DH and I have a couple of things we need to go out for this morning but then it will be home to get things done around here....need to get my stuff ready for my book club slumber party tomorrow night, too!
Old 01-25-2013, 05:27 AM   #526

Yup, in his particular job the joke was that to move up to Chief someone would have to retire.... or something else....

Now that he's a Chief (E-7) he's one of "those" guys that they are waiting on to move up or out in order to advance others.

He really wanted to make Senior Chief (E-8) and solidify it first though (to get the full retirement that he would be owed at that rank) and that's what really bugs him.

Oh well we'll see what happens soon enough. All I can do is prepare for the worst and hope for the best.

Scale was down again today. I'm beyond ecstatic that I have found something that works and uses healthy foods and less money.

Just that it continues to work so I can make at least one of my 3 major goals by my b'day.

Under 200 is the first, 167 is the second (Where I feel healthiest), and 155 is the 3rd (firmly in range where the stupid BMI says I'm healthy )

Of course I have a bunch of smaller goals in between. I also have a bigger goal of taking my body fat very low and allowing my skin to hopefully bounce back while I'm still fairly young. Then I'd take my weight back up to what I consider better for me personally.

But that's like a year or two down the road.....

I just want that part done by the time I hit 40.
Old 01-25-2013, 06:07 AM   #527
Bike Tart

Good Luck to your DH, Dawn....hope they have a spot for him so he doesn't have to retire....there was nothing left for mine so he had to retire 2 years short of what he wanted....but at least with him it wasn't a full time job and he had been in for a long time and got a lot of retirement points....he will start receiving his pension in a couple of months...finally!!!

I got on the scale...up 3 lbs....not too upset because I know what I have eaten since I weighed last....my mouth is feeling better so I should be able to start eating chewier foods.

Tonight and tomorrow are going to be challenging food times...my sleepover w/book club and then my 2 neices are have a birthday party and the food there is always way off plan because they are big low fat believers (they don't practice it, though) and make things with lots of carbs/sugar....I'll do the best I can...won't have time between when I get home tomorrow and when I leave for the party to make anything to bring along so I'll just wing it and hope for the best.
Old 01-26-2013, 06:27 AM   #528

Happy Saturday!!

We have snow here today so it's been an interesting day. Especially considering that I need to be working on getting hubby ready to leave. And everyone would prefer to be out in the snow playing.

I'm up on the scale BUT TOM showed up this morning a couple days early so I'm trying not to stress. I have about 2wks till my appointment with the Endo so plenty of time to hopefully get TOM weight off plus a bit extra.

Now I need to run again to check on everyone.

Laterz!!
Old 01-27-2013, 05:40 AM   #529

Happy Sunday!!

Chose not to weigh since I'm in the really bloated part of TOM.

Plus I'm swollen from too much sodium at dinner last night.

Other than that just usual Sunday stuff. Getting hubby out the door for work and cleaning/organizing/etc.

Maybe some fun stuff in there with the kiddos if they are feeling better today.

I went ahead and let them play in the snow yesterday so we'll see how that affects their head colds.

Hope you're having a great weekend.

Laterz!!
Old 01-27-2013, 12:48 PM   #530
Bike Tart

I'm staying off the scale till Friday! I had off plan food at my book club sleepover and at the birthday party for my nieces last night....need to give myself some time to get things back on track!

Had a great time, though, and the food that was off plan was delicious! Well, the birthday cake wasn't that great...just ok....next time I'll pass on it....

Going to do some cooking today...trying a cabbage/cheese/ground beef recipe today that I saw online...also make a couple other casseroles for the week and some food for my DS's lunches and breakfasts....
Old 01-28-2013, 06:43 AM   #531

Glad you had fun Ms.Linda!!
Hope the scale is kind to you when you decide to weigh.

Mine was kind this morning. I'm back down the initial TOM swelling already.
So I "should" have a decent loss at the end of this one as long as I stick to my plan.

Not much else going on here. Just getting through the lessons and surviving without hubby again. Nothing new.....

Oh and stressing a bit about the retirement thing. He doesn't seem at all concerned and neither does his command.
I've been reading over the paperwork though and he has just as much chance as anyone on that list at being asked to leave.
I don't know why they seem to think that because he has had excellent marks and does his job well that he would get special consideration.
I guess only time will tell. It's going to be hard to keep my mind off of it till summer though.

Last edited by DarkSiren; 01-28-2013 at 06:44 AM..
Old 01-28-2013, 06:50 AM   #532
Bike Tart

Good Morning! The guys don't worry because we worry enough for everyone! Hope it all goes the way you want it to go and that the waiting isn't too hard!

Not sure what food I'll be having today...lots of things to use up...might be some odd combos of food! LOL! Need to get groceries but want to wait a few days to use things up first.

Going to have DH finally set up my bike in the living room...I've moved most of the stuff out of the way and will be done getting that area cleaned by lunch time today. I can't pedal hard any time soon but at least I will get a bit of movement for now.

This week I plan to get the last of the holiday stuff put away and finish cleaning my house...not sure it will all happen but at least that's the plan!

Going to Mom's this afternoon....we had a lot of rain and I'm hoping it stays warm so things can dry up rather than freeze!
Old 01-29-2013, 06:07 AM   #533

Good Morning!!

I had lofty plans for yesterday. Can't say it happened. But I attempted it.

Still the same on the scale today. Hoping to have another 10lbs off in the next week and a half before my appointment with the Endo.

Other than that just the usual trying to get through the days. Today I HAVE to get through some major lessons because I have to start working on getting packets ready to send to the school.

They're already charging us a late fee. I will be so glad when we go to another school next year.

Guess I better run and do all my internet catching up done so I can get to work on the morning chores and lessons.
Old 01-29-2013, 06:20 AM   #534
Bike Tart

Good Morning! I'm thinking we need new batteries in the scale....or did I lose 100+ lbs overnight??!!! LOL!

Today is more of the usual....chores here and Mom's after lunch....grocery store on the way home from Mom's....I'm so happy we moved here 9 years ago but now the drive to Mom's is a half hour instead of the 5 minutes it used to be....makes for a long day!
Old 01-30-2013, 05:14 AM   #535

Wow 100lbs over night would be cool.

I'm swollen and therefore up on the scale.

Just honestly not sure why so I'll watch my shake calories a little more carefully today and see what I'm doing wrong.

Other than that...nothing new... Hope you have a great start to your day!!

Old 01-30-2013, 08:56 PM   #536
Bike Tart

I'm staying off the scale for a while...no particular reason....just trying to concentrate on eating right and not worrying about the number for a few days...doing ok so far.

Busy day today...went to the grocery store, came home for lunch, went to Mom's...home again...food in 2 crockpots...still cooking at this late hour!

DH called a while ago to tell me he has to work till 3 a.m. so no hot tub time tonight...I'll go to bed once I'm done with the current batch of cooking.

I finally have a spot cleared for my indoor bike so I'll have DH set it up for me this weekend. Only a few more Christmas things to put away...if I could be home more than a few hours at a time I'd be done...I may have to go to Mom's again tomorrow but I'm not going on Friday unless there is an emergency....I need a day off!
Old 01-31-2013, 06:15 AM   #537

Happy Thursday!!

Well, I'm down the weight plus a smidge more so that my first 10lbs of the 40 is now..... outta here....

I think I have found my "magic" combo of homemade shakes and food.

I'm finally at the point where appetite is almost nonexistent.

Which of course makes things easier.

I'm just feeling so much better overall.

Yes, I still have 30lbs to get to my pre-surgery low that I keep attempting to hit but it's better than 40 or 50 or being all the way back to where I started almost 3yrs ago ( 3yrs in June).
Old 01-31-2013, 05:28 PM   #538
Bike Tart

That's great news, Dawn! Glad you found what you need to do!

I'm still searching for what works for me.....it will come eventually....I really think that my stress levels are working against me and that even if I find what I need it won't work as well till I can get my stress dealt with.

I finally have the area for my indoor bike cleared and cleaned! DH will set it up for me tomorrow morning. I won't be able to pedal fast but I can pedal and it's better than doing nothing....the more I pedal the better I will feel! It will take time to work back up to what I want but I can do it!
Old 02-01-2013, 05:37 AM   #539

Thanks Hon!!

Down a smidge more today. Really wish it was more because of my appointment next week. After that appointment it can slow down but right now I want it falling off of me.

I'm sure you'll find what works for you too sweetie!!

I need to pull out my bike as well. It's been tucked in a corner holding extra blankets for the living room recently.
Old 02-02-2013, 05:41 AM   #540

Happy Weekend!!

Same on the scale today. I'm swollen and dealing with some TMI issues so I'm sure that's the problem. Will be drinking lots of honey/lemon water and should see a drop tomorrow.... I hope...