Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2013, 05:38 AM   #481
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: DarkSiren
WOE: What Ever it Takes!!!!
Start Date: Recommited January 2014
Happy Wednesday!!

Not much to report. Struggling with staying on plan while I go through withdrawals but I'm working on it.

Didn't weigh today.....figured I'd wait till tomorrow.

I'm only counting Thursdays for the moment since they align with my b'day count down.

TOM also finally showed up after missing it totally one month and being very very late for the second month. I must have take half a dozen pregnancy tests over the last two months.

I'm hoping this means that the mess the meds did to me and my hormones will finally straighten out and help me lose the weight more easily.

Back to lessons with the kiddos today so the next few days will be about getting them back into a routine.

Gotta run!!
Laterz!!
DarkSiren is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-02-2013, 08:41 AM   #482
Bike Tart

Gallery: mamagiff
WOE: general low carb
Good Morning! Have to start taking the Christmas stuff down so I can set up my indoor bike....I have a tentative exercise plan that will need a bit of tweaking as I go...DH said to be sure to add yoga in! LOL! I'm not sure of what my abilities are anymore and I need to start slow but steady.

Food will not be perfect for a bit...need to use up stuff...I need to make a good list and get the foods needed to get a good start...mostly meat and some veggies. I'm going to stir fry all the leftovers for dinner tonight. And I've got some chicken to cook up as well as some ground beef.

Also have to go to Mom's this afternoon although I'm waiting for Stepfather to call and let me know what time he wants me there...if I don't hear from him soon I'll call him...first I need to get my shower!

We gladly feast on those who would subdue us! - Addams Family Creed

My Facebook
mamagiff is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 05:45 AM   #483

I'm guessing food won't be perfect here for a bit either. I tried though.

The problem was this HUGE box of chocolates that we picked up for the kiddos. That unfortunately the hubby and I started nibbling on too.

Gotta luv Christmas Clearance.

Not a lot thank goodness but enough to keep from being 100%.

Kids are doing good with the transition for them though since the chocolate is the only thing off plan they've had. It's almost gone thank goodness.

My weight as of this morning is up 4lbs from 2wks ago BUT I'm also on TOM so I suspect it's that. So, no worries!!!
Old 01-03-2013, 06:26 AM   #484
Bike Tart

Good Morning! Got on the scale...ugh! I am assuming it's the ham that's causing retention....scale is way up and there's no way the food I've been eating would cause that much of a jump. Lots of water for me today! Guess I'll have to leave the last of the ham to DH and DS....

Working on a big grocery list and will continue to work on taking down holiday stuff....

I am definitely going to take a little time to try some exercise, too. I'm just having a hard time talking myself into it because I know I'll be mad that I can't do much....need to get over that! I need to find a timer and also get out a notebook to use for an exercise log....need to be able to see progress....

We had some holiday chocolate yesterday, too.....DS2/DIL gave us a box of 12 Godiva chocolate truffles...delicious! And gone now!

Going to look up some soup recipes today because I want to have either soups or eggs for dinner most nights....we still do our main meal at noon so I want to keep dinner lighter...
Old 01-04-2013, 05:51 AM   #485

Rough night followed by a rough morning.. Didn't even bother weighing because I don't really care.

Won't go into details... I'm just going to try very hard not to let it affect how I eat today. No point in stuffing feelings down with food just so I can feel guilty on top of everything else.

TOM is still here as well... So that doesn't help matters.

Have lessons, cleaning, etc today.

Plus I'm hoping to get a decent workout in every day for the next 3 days.. That way I can say I got my 3 workouts in for the week.
Old 01-04-2013, 06:22 AM   #486

I posted that I didn't know what my weight was on FB then I realized I did weigh yesterday.

I guess I blacked it out since I'm up from TOM....

Oh well... I don't know what I weigh today... does that count.
Old 01-04-2013, 06:31 AM   #487
Bike Tart

Hope today is better for you, Dawn!

Some of the retention is going away...down 3 lbs this morning....still not at my low but that's ok...I'm still puffy so I know it will go down again soon...

I had a wonderful foot massage yesterday...the PT that does massage on the side came over...it's been a long time since she was here...we had a good talk about weight, exercise, etc. She has lost 40 lbs since Sept (she has more to lose)...but she's been taking a med for weight loss for now...she said she really needed a jump start so her dr. prescribed it. I'd rather not go that route although it's so tempting. I know if I could at least lose back to what I was when I had my knee surgery I'd be doing much better....I'm sure the extra weight is causing so many of my current problems.

I also made an appt. for another Trager massage...going to set up a regular twice a month appt. with her if I can....my next appt. is next Wed. after I'm done at Mom's house.

Going to the big grocery store today....DH is going with to help...my Aunt is coming today to stay the weekend...she'll be heading back to CA on Tuesday...thankfully she doesn't have any problems eating low carb so it will be an easy weekend with her.

Still haven't done my exercise but hope to get to it today.

Need to go get dressed and get to the store...have to make some food to take to Mom's and get some broth started to make soup tomorrow....
Old 01-05-2013, 07:27 AM   #488

Hey Hon!! Hope you have a great weekend with your Aunt.

Doing much better today. Didn't allow myself to stress eat which is a big step forward.

Still up on the scale.... from TOM I hope....

I lost track of my rotations so I'll make today an Up Day and just go from there.

I "think" it's supposed to be a Down Day... but too lazy to go back over the last week and check. I'm not eating junk food so I'm not worried.
Old 01-05-2013, 12:47 PM   #489
Bike Tart

Didn't do so great with food yesterday but today is a new day....stayed off the scale....

Having a great time with my Aunt....we did a lunchmeat/cheese/olive platter for lunch...debating between soup or sauteed cabbage w/bacon tonight....I'll see what she feels like having.

Not much else going on.....supposed to be working on taking down a tree but don't feel like it...just going to watch movies and relax with my Aunt today!
Old 01-06-2013, 06:34 AM   #490

I'm floundering.... I'll get it right eventually.... it's just not clicking for me right now.

Probably because TOM is still here. Should be done soon though... so hopefully everything will get easier at that point.
Old 01-06-2013, 08:22 PM   #491
Bike Tart

You'll get it back!

It's been a crappy day....got a call that Stepfather fell in icy driveway, met at the ER and they ended up transporting him to a hospital about an hour away because he has a head injury...he's doing really good and this transfer is precautionary because there is a small bleed on his brain near the wound.

So I've "moved" to Mom's house to care for her full time while he's gone....not sure how long I'll be here...DH is bringing food from home and also picking up a rotisserie chicken for me to eat while I'm here.

I'll be missing our hot tub time and I'll be sleeping in the recliner here at Mom's....don't want to sleep in the bedroom....it's an old, uncomfortable to me mattress...need to clear out her sewing room and set up a bed in there for future possible overnights....
Old 01-07-2013, 05:50 AM   #492

OMGoodness I'm so sorry sweetie!! Hope it's definitely nothing serious and he gets better quickly.

Scale is still the same for me right now which is better than gaining more... so I'm good.

TOM is almost out the door so I'm hoping it'll take the most current gain with it and I'll be back to going down the scale in the correct direction.

Hubby and I started working out seriously over the weekend and I'm so sore I can barely move.

Told the kiddos that we are now in training and that they get the chance to whip us into shape.

DS's first question was, "Where do I get the whip?"

It's a typical Monday. Have tons to do and absolutely no "want" to do any of it.

So I better run and make myself get moving on it.

Take Care!!!
Old 01-07-2013, 06:42 AM   #493
Bike Tart

Of course the first thing a boy will say is where's the whip!! LOL! Both of mine would have said the same and maybe asked if they could use it on me! LOL!

Haven't heard from Stepfahter or either of his kids yet but it's still early....talked to DS this morning and he will come here after work and help set up a twin bed from upstairs in the sewing room for me. The room needs to be cleared because it became a dumping spot when her dementia took over. DS told me what he wants me to finish before he gets here to make things easier....

I can do some simple exercises here and I certainly won't have access to foods that are off plan...DH is bringing me some food today and I'll have DS pick up something for dinner for us. No scale to torment me, either! Maybe this will be a good jumpstart!
Old 01-08-2013, 05:17 AM   #494

Hope Stepfather is doing okay today.

Scale is down a bit... very very tiny bit but I'll take it.

Kiddos and I are on day 2 of being completely grain free(not completely primal since I allowed them peanut butter) and though they aren't ecstatic about some of the changes I can already see differences.

Even just after 24hrs....

They slept better last night and weren't dragging when they got up this morning.

I can only hope to see even more improvements as their systems finish detoxing. For now I'll allow the peanut butter but when we're out that will be gone as well. Not only is it a legume but also has trace amounts of mold which can affect my allergies and DS's asthma.

Hubby and I have definitely been more active and I am sooooo sore. Now we need to get the kiddos moving again. Although we haven't been as sick this winter we have definitely been less active. Time to take care of that.
Old 01-08-2013, 06:15 AM   #495
Bike Tart

Good Morning! Not sure how long Stepfather will be staying....he has more tests today according to his daughter. I had DS come over and bring a twin mattress/box spring down and put it in the livingroom....I think I'll just keep it in here...I don't think I can get that sewing room cleared out well enough at this time. So I emailed DH to bring my pillow and a few more things today...I hate to feel like I'm settling in....need to get more food here so I'm not having DS pick up burgers for our evening meal...not sure what I'll get or when I'll get it....may have to send DH! Poor guy isn't going to be able to work on his own stuff...

Looks like Mom just woke so I'm off to get her some breakfast....

Glad the kids are showing signs of improvement! I am mostly grain free although the last couple of weeks haven't been as clean as I'd like...
Old 01-09-2013, 05:51 AM   #496

Awww hope he feels better soon and things can get back to "normal" for you.

Down another smidge here on the scale. Guess I'm gradually going in the right direction here. Still grain free... made it through a tough craving night and now I can officially say today I am now craving free. Woo Hoo!!

I knew I just needed to get through the worst part and I'd be home free.

DD's procedure is scheduled for Friday morning. We have to be there to check in around 6am for the 7am procedure.

We're calling the doctors office today to verify a few things though because it wasn't supposed to be the surgery only the study to see which issue she specifically has before moving on to the next step.

But the paper we received stated both procedures were being done.

The girl that called to do the phone check in also stated they were setting up a room for her in case she needed to be in over night when we were originally told only a couple hours at worst.

All of this is really freaking me out.
Old 01-09-2013, 08:21 AM   #497
Bike Tart

Take a breath, Dawn! I know it's hard not to freak out but things will be ok....sending you lots of good vibes/thoughts/prayers for Friday....

My exercise today will just be getting up and down from their very low furniture...ugh! I ache from sitting on all this crappy furniture! I keep telling myself it will be back to normal soon and I can go home.

Haven't heard any news about Stepfather today yet...talked to him last night and he sounded good and anxious to come home.

Food has been ok...I got some groceries yesterday so I'll be fine....my sister is coming to visit to day and bringing soup for lunch...I'll make some salad to go with it.
Old 01-10-2013, 06:39 AM   #498

Good Morning!!

Scale is wayyyyy up today but I woke up so swollen I could barely move.

Dang hot wings...... even though they were primal they were very very salty. ugh

I'll be doing the usual flushing with lemon water, etc, today.

Going to attempt to keep our minds on house work and lessons but I am not naive... I'm sure that we'll end up doing a half day because of worry over other things making it hard to concentrate.
Old 01-11-2013, 10:57 AM   #499
Bike Tart

Stepfather came home last night.....I'll be here till tomorrow after lunch....he's doing good today but I want to be sure he understands his med changes and that he doesn't overdo it.

Food has been ok....the best I can do when I'm not at my own house.....

I've very puffy but it's because they keep the house too warm for me, I've had a bit of grains here and there and I can't sit anywhere with my feet up....ugh! I need to make some ACV water since I sent lemons home with DH....it usually helps....I won't weigh this coming week till the puffy is gone.

DH has been sick all week and is down about 10 lbs he said...brat!
Old 01-12-2013, 07:31 AM   #500

I'm glad step father is home.

We got through yesterday with a minimum of drama. Some tense moments here and there and some big decisions to make along the way but we're good.

She'll have a month on meds to see how she fairs and then we'll decide officially whether to go forward with the ablation instead. {{sigh}}

Other than that I was completely off plan while at the hospital. It was a grab something when I could and what ever was available kind of thing. I haven't done much better for breakfast today either since hubby was sweet about going out to get it for me.

So, cleaning it back up tomorrow definitely. Going to try to make the rest of my meals clean today as well but won't beat myself up if they aren't.
Old 01-12-2013, 08:37 AM   #501
Bike Tart

I'm a big believer in progress, no perfection.....there are going to be times that we just have to do the best we can....

I get to go home today!!

DS just got here to help with a few things before I go so I'll be back later....
Old 01-14-2013, 06:14 AM   #502

Hopefully 100% back on plan today. I'm going to try anyway. I did NOT weigh because if I saw the scale over my recent high I would completely pass out I'm sure.

I'm going to attempt Katahn with Primal eating for the next few weeks until my Endo appointment. I really truly want to get back to my low of the last few years and be ready to FINALLY start on the rest of the weight. I'm so sick of going back and forth the same 20 to 30lbs... over and over again...

Today we'll also start gradually raising the activity levels again with DD to see how she handles it. She wants to do KB's again... loves them like we do... .... But I'm worried about how her heart will handle it. Don't want to push her into an episode.

So, we'll just take it slowly, see how she does, and play it by ear.
Old 01-14-2013, 07:56 AM   #503

Just weighed.... HUGE mistake... I really should not have done it... but I guess at the same time it means I can't ignore the damage that has been done... I will NOT go back to 300lbs again... I just WON'T!!!!

Definitely on Katahn rotations with primal eating for the next few weeks to get things back down to my low.... Then we'll see what I feel like after that... It's the best I can do since I can't do the original diet that worked for me. I really want to anyway... I just can't see doing it... financially or with allergies....
Old 01-14-2013, 11:44 AM   #504
Bike Tart

I've been dealing with major retention issues from being at Mom's so long....finally back to normal today....at Mom's again now so I may puff up again....no way to put my feet up!

Still having trouble w/left knee...now I'm not so sure it's gout....it's too localized in just part of my knee joint...will have to add it to the list of complaints for my next appt.

Dentist this morning and again next week....yippee!

Waiting for Mom's RN to arrive so I can talk with her and then heading home to put feet up for a bit.....need to get paperwork together for refinancing tonight....too much to get done!
Old 01-15-2013, 05:42 AM   #505

Happy Tuesday!!

Hope the swelling starts getting better soon sweetie.

Glad the step father is back home safe and sound.

I'm going to admit something... between what I was up before the holidays and what happened after the holidays... As of yesterday I was up exactly 40lbs from my lowest weight in the last 2.5yrs.

I have almost continuously for the last 24hrs because I couldn't believe what I had done to myself.

I KNOW I can't eat like everyone else. I KNOW that I gain weight at the drop of a hat because of my dang thyroid.

And yet I allowed myself to think I could be "normal" as long as I wasn't binging on everything.

Well, now I know....... again....

As of this morning I'm back down 3lbs and 37lbs to go... I won't even discuss how much of that I need off just to get back to the 100lbs I'd lost to begin with.

All right... I'm done wallowing in self pity and now it's time to pull up my big girl panties (which are a bit snug right now ) and move forward and downward.
Old 01-15-2013, 06:22 AM   #506
Bike Tart

Dawn....I do know that feeling because that's the same amount I'm up from the day I had my knee surgery....I have so far to go and I've decided to try to look at losing 10 lbs at a time....the whole number is just too overwhelming and depressing....I have a dr. appt. in about 3 weeks and if I can lose 10 lbs or close to it by then I'll be ok, I think. I think my main goal right now is to get off the 40 lbs by the time we go to Disney World in June...that's a doable goal...more off would be better but I'm aiming to just fit in the clothes I have from a few years ago...

I am going to spend the day cooking ahead as much as I can....I need things on hand that I can just heat up if I'm in a hurry.

Yesterday was a soup day....soup for lunch at Stepfather's (I had my dentist appt. to didn't want to eat stuff that needed chewing)....I think I had a few snacks of cheese in the afternoon (that needs to stop) and then soup for dinner because DS requested it...I am down .4 lbs today...not much but a start. I think I'm going to try to keep soups on hand for evening meals.

I have a lot to do today and I'm hoping my friend can come over to do my hair today when she gets out of work. I look awful and I am sure if I look better I will make better choices...it's all a mind thing!

We can do this!
Old 01-16-2013, 06:22 AM   #507
Bike Tart

Good Morning! I'm working on some goals...not big ones but one that are achievable every day. Like: move daily, eat nutritious foods, be kind to myself....I have to lower my stress levels or I will go nuts! I can't have goals with a lot of pressure to succeed right now.

My friend was able to come over and do my hair yesterday! It looks so much better now! DS got home and told me I look younger! LOL! I just can't let it go so long again....

Scale was down a bit....I hope I can keep it going in the right direction! I have a few things coming up that will be challenging....my niece's birthday party on Saturday and then book club next week (we're doing a sleepover!)....I am hoping there will be food I can eat without going too far off plan....

Better go get some breakfast and get ready to go....busy day!
Old 01-16-2013, 06:26 AM   #508

We can both do this. We've both done it before.

Yesterday wasn't as clean as I would have liked but still good. Going to make today even better.

In spite of not being perfect I managed another pound off so I'm glad.

I'm not really on any particular plan at the moment I guess. I keep attempting primal and I'm doing awesome for most of the day. It's dinner that's getting to me right now. The stress of everything going on seems to hit me hardest in the evenings.

Don't even get me started on the snacks at night. The hubby seems to think he can't have a "proper" night without them. Then of course I find myself grabbing some of what ever he's eating.

So, today's plan is to get through dinner 100% then tomorrow to get through evening snack 100%.

I need to get back to where I was before the hospital last week. I was finally where I wasn't craving anything, etc.... I really wish it was easier to get that back after a slip up.

We need to up the exercise factor for hubby and myself but he's been having migraines and nosebleeds so I'm really worried. I've made him promise that he'll go get it checked out tomorrow. I hope the blood pressure isn't back up again since his weight went back up.
Old 01-17-2013, 06:28 AM   #509

Happy Thursday!!

Sooooo glad the week is almost over. Have tons of work to do but really need the hubby here for most of it. He's hoping he'll get a 3 day weekend for the holiday. That would help out tremendously in getting ready for him to leave again.

DS is acting sick this morning. Honestly not really sure what's wrong. Hot body with no temp according to the thermometer. Said he felt like he had a frog in his throat. Last night he threw up his dinner but acted fine both before it happened and after. One of those weird bugs I guess.....

I'm down another pound on the scale this morning in spite of another day that was about 90% good. I was good until dinner then slipped up when we ate out. I didn't eat a ton of food but two tacos is not exactly primal.

Other than that just the usual... and trying to decide if I'll make DS do his lessons or give him a day to recover from what ever he's fighting off.

Gotta run and do morning chores.
Old 01-17-2013, 04:04 PM   #510
Bike Tart

What a day! Went to Mom's and got aggravated about several things concerning Stepsiblings....they are morons....now I'll have to go back there tomorrow with DH and do some work that should have been done by Stepbrother today...

Food has just been ok....could have done better but at this point food is not at the top of my list...

Got a letter a few weeks ago regarding changes in my health plan coverage for one of the meds I'm taking and now it has to be switched...I have so much trouble with switching and side effects....I have been taking this one for about 12 years with no problems and now my insurance wants me to switch to something cheaper...crap! Before the doctor will change it, I have to take my BP at home for a few days to get a baseline...then switch to a new one to see how that goes...this never goes well for me...

Better get off the computer and make some dinner....didn't weigh today...will probably wait a few days....