Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2012, 04:58 AM   #451
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: DarkSiren
WOE: What Ever it Takes!!!!
Start Date: Recommited January 2014
Happy Monday!!

So much to do today that it's insane. Just going to take it one project at a time... or at least try to. My perfectionist personality makes it hard to not want to do everything all at once and perfectly.

I'm up today but that's expected. Sometimes I wish I could NOT weigh after an Up Day but I just can't stand not knowing what I weigh every morning.

I thoroughly enjoyed my Up Day yesterday and now I'm going to thoroughly enjoy my Down Day.

I may even attempt (yet again) the Katahn Week 1 because I would like to have all my swelling completely off before my Endo appointment next Monday.

I'll just do my Down Day today and see how tomorrow feels. Play each day by ear.

Now I'm off to find my hubby's Christmas package that disappeared... {{sigh}}

And get the kiddos through some testing so that hopefully I can get a school packet in the mail after the first of the year.

Laterz!!
DarkSiren is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-17-2012, 09:40 AM   #452
Bike Tart

Gallery: mamagiff
WOE: general low carb
I didn't get on the scale today...trying to stay off till weigh in day on Thursday. Working on Christmas stuff and then heading to Mom's after lunch....so far behind in stuff so I'm making some changes in decorating...can't skip cleaning and cooking but I can drop stress levels by doing less/different decorating. It will still be nice but not my usual decorating.

I don't know what to make for meals today...nothing sounds good....I better decide at least on lunch soon because DH leaves for work in less than 2 hours!

We gladly feast on those who would subdue us! - Addams Family Creed

My Facebook
mamagiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 10:03 AM   #453

Sometimes we have to scale things back in order to take care of ourselves and anything that's super high on our priorities list. I'm sure the house will look wonderful no matter what.

Well, Katahn rotations no longer necessary since I have no pressing appointments until February.

Doctor realized their scheduling mistake(office Christmas party) and has no openings until then.

Only thing I can do at this point is support my thyroid the best I can with nutrition and exercise. And beg my GP to keep refilling my Rx till then. She wasn't going to because I was going to see the Endo. Oh well.....

I also need to change up my rotations a bit in order for Up Days to fall on this Friday as well as Christmas Day. Which would mean either doing two Down Days... or a Medium Day.... not sure which but I'll need to either do it tomorrow or Thursday so I'll need to make that decision soon.
Old 12-18-2012, 05:06 AM   #454

Good Morning!!

I stayed the same today because I decided to go ahead and make yesterday a second Up Day.

This was so that Christmas next week would also be an Up Day.

So that will make today the official Down Day and I'm beyond ready for it now.

All that food over the last two days just makes me feel Even though it was all good food... at least yesterday.

Kids had a little bit of grain yesterday and will have a small amount today because I need to work through my supplies. Can't afford to just throw away food. But I had kind of a funny moment with DS when I mentioned to DD that I didn't think that he quite understood what going fully Paleo meant(after requesting some donuts).

He looked at me and said... "Today's my Down Day but tomorrow will be my Up Day and I can have it then".

Gotta luv 9yr old kid logic.
Old 12-18-2012, 12:06 PM   #455
Bike Tart

Well, I think I'm having a gout flare up.....but not in my toe as is the most common area....in my left knee and Achilles tendon...hurts so bad that I ordered a refill of the meds I took a few months ago...I hope they help....

I did the first of my holiday grocery shopping today....I don't know where I'm going to put it all!

Scale is the same...good because it's at the low from a couple weeks ago! I'm ok with it....better than being up.

Meeting DS in town tonight for some Christmas shopping....he wants to use my 30% off card from Kohl's and I need to get a few things, too.....can't believe how fast time has gone and wish I had another week to prepare although I can't wait to see DS2/Family on Friday night!

Off to get more decorating done....I'll be doing a totally different thing with our big tree in the living room....no time to do my usual ornaments so it will be garland and beanie babies on the tree....Baby Ruth will probably love it!
Old 12-19-2012, 04:29 AM   #456

Happy Wednesday!!

I'm so sorry you're having a flare sweetie. Hope the meds help.
Glad that in spite of it the scale is the same for you. Sometimes it's best
to maintain for a bit before continuing down. Give our bodies a chance to adjust.

Back down after yesterday's Down Day. Not a new low but I'm not too upset since tomorrow I should have a loss for the week and that's what counts.

Hubby has tomorrow and Friday off so we'll have a 4 day weekend to catch up with some things.
Other than that... Not much else going on other than waiting on the last of the Christmas gifts to get here so I can hurry up and hide them to wrap later.
Old 12-19-2012, 10:55 AM   #457
Bike Tart

I never got to meet DS in town last night....car trouble and I'm not driving it till DH has time to look at it and see what's wrong...DH brought me to Mom's where I'll be today till DS gets out of work to pick me up...then shopping and then home to do chores if I'm not too tired.

Knee is much better today, pain mostly gone other than a few twinges..but scale was up 4 lbs. this morning....I'm sure the Aleve, cherry juice and meds are the culprit...

That's about it for me today....I'm sitting here at Mom's on a folding chair all day but at least I have the laptop along so I can putz online!
Old 12-20-2012, 05:42 AM   #458

Happy Thursday!!

Sorry about the car trouble. Hope you get it fixed easily!!
Glad the knee is doing better. Hope it continues to improve.

Yesterday was my first full on Primal day for an Up Day... with no deviations. And I was rewarded with a loss on the scale. That "may" be enough to keep me going on the 100% wagon through the holidays.

Maybe...

I do have some wine planned for Christmas Day.

It's primal right??!!

Other than that, hubby is home and hopefully going to finish up any last minute running around for me today.
He was so sweet when I asked him to take Friday off to help me with a few things.

He went ahead and asked for both days off to surprise me.

Well, I'm off to start getting a list together for him and getting some of my own work done.

Old 12-20-2012, 06:37 AM   #459
Bike Tart

Well, the scale is back up 4 lbs. I think it's more because of the meds and the cherry juice...at least I hope so...didn't sleep well last night because I was sore from sitting at Mom's all day with nothing to do...sat on a folding chair most of the time...then went shopping with DS and was too sore to do much so we came home and I fell asleep in the recliner. So now between not being home and from falling asleep early I am even more behind than I was....not sure I'll be able to do all that I wanted to do....

Not done with Christmas shopping, not done with grocery shopping, not done with decorating or cleaning....it all has to get done by noon tomorrow! Not happening so I will have to readjust my plans again....
Old 12-21-2012, 11:44 AM   #460
Bike Tart

Scale is the same...if I can keep it within one or two either way or the next week and a half I'll be happy.

At Mom's on the iPad for now...DS is picking me up after work and we'll do a little shopping before heading over to SIL's for the evening.

How's your DD doing? I saw on FB that you've had a long night with her...hope all will be well...
Old 12-22-2012, 08:06 AM   #461

Happy Weekend!!

Okay I've been away for a couple days because of the drama with DD. I updated that on FB so I won't retype it here.

I was on a Down Day when we headed to the hospital. Since we were dealing with that and I wasn't hungry(rocks in your stomach will do that ) it was a very good Down Day.

Yesterday was my Up Day and most of the day I just nibbled something here and there. But when I got home I MORE than made up for it because my appetite kicked in finally.

I expected a horrible weight when I woke up so swollen I could barely move but in fact had a new after Up Day Low... I know it sounds weird.

So, anyway... Today is a Down Day but we'll be out shopping so if it ends up a Medium I'm not going to worry.

I'll be heading out now... Hope you have a great weekend!!
Old 12-23-2012, 05:50 AM   #462

Good Morning!!

As expected "might" happen... Yesterday's Down Day became more of a Medium Day with most of my cals eaten while we were running around town for the kiddos to shop for each other.

The stress of the shopping. How tired I still was from the hospital stay(for DD). And the stress from soooooo many people out there. It all got to me and I ate not a lot but not so good items.

I am so swollen andtoday that I should enjoy a Down Day.

In fact I want one but if I want Christmas as an Up Day then I need to keep my rotations.

The nice thing is that even after the junk I ate I was still rewarded with a very tiny drop on the scale today.

I'm sure it will come back to bite me in the booty later.
Old 12-23-2012, 08:59 AM   #463
Bike Tart

Hope the swelling goes away soon....I'm having a tiny bit of that myself....it's my fault...eating hasn't been the best but I haven't been home for meals so we had burgers a couple of times...then yesterday I did ok but did have some bread...ugh! Not going to kill myself trying to be perfect while we have family staying here.

Anyways, Baby Ruth isn't feeling well so DIL and DS1 took her to the walk in clinic...DS2 (Ruth's Daddy) and DH are out of town at the Packer game so they don't know anything yet unless DIL calls DS2....we figured it would be best to get her checked instead of worry all day. DIL has a bad cold and I think I'm getting it, too. If I do get worse and if DIL and Baby Ruth are sick, we will have to skip going to my Mom's because we don't want to take a chance getting germs passed to her...we'll see how things go before deciding on what to do on Christmas Eve...
Old 12-24-2012, 05:27 AM   #464

Happy Christmas Eve!!

Well, the swelling has gone insane. I am now up about 5.5lbs. But at least I know it's swelling. Just may take a few Down Days to right it.

Speaking of Down Days.... I am very thankful for today's.

Lots of lemon water, tea, coffee, etc to flush things out. Hopefully it won't take more than two down days to correct this. I want to start the New Year completely fresh and ready to get the rest of this off.

So sorry everyone is sick and hope you all start feeling better soon.
Old 12-25-2012, 07:37 AM   #465

Merry Christmas!!

Had some stress last night with DD having another heart episode. Needless to say I stress ate after it was over with.....

Between that and the two Up Days beforehand, followed by today's Up Day.... hmmmm... no use weighing for about a week(maybe two) while I get a few good rotations under my belt.

Hope you guys are feeling better and get to enjoy your day!!!
Old 12-25-2012, 01:28 PM   #466
Bike Tart

Merry Christmas! Well, no worries about overeating at the holiday festivities, I've either got a virus or food poisoning from the pizza we had on Sunday night so I've eaten almost nothing the last 2 days....spent a lot of time in the bathroom...

We've really enjoyed having everyone here....Kayli was picked up around noon to go to her other grandparents' house and will come back tomorrow and stay here for a few days. Baby Ruth has been sick, too...upper respiratory infection...she's doing much better now...busy playing with her new toys.

All in all it's been a good time even though I've felt lousy...DH went to the store today to get me some OTC meds and they seem to be helping! Hope I'll be able to eat something soon, I'm hungry!
Old 12-26-2012, 05:26 AM   #467

Good Morning!!

Happy Day After Christmas.

So sorry you're sick sweetie!! Hope you start getting over it quickly.

I will not be weighing until Monday. That way I'll get 3 good Down Days under my belt.

I've been considering going back on the program that helped me lose the initial 100lbs. But the last few times I've tried I've had some sort of weird allergic reaction because of their new formula. So the hubby has done all but "forbid" me to do it. He knows better than to try that with me.

I'm not sure what to do anymore. I've basically maintained for the last couple years around 20lbs within a certain range. Up and down those 20lbs but very rarely more than that. I'm just so tired and now that my body is used to this weight it's just as achy and heavy feeling as when I was over 300lbs.

I have the added stress of my DD's heart condition that though it won't necessarily be life threatening for her(depends on the person and how bad it is)... it is life altering.

If I don't lose this weight... If I don't get back in shape... I'm not going to be able to handle taking care of her when she needs it.

So, this is it... There are no excuses... No putting it off until the timing is right. Life goes on and I need to adjust... NOW....
Old 12-26-2012, 07:47 AM   #468
Bike Tart

Well, I've survived so far! Feeling much better today although now DH is not feeling well.......I'm down 8 lbs from the last time I weighed...not the way I wanted to do it, though!

I'm sorry about your DD's heart problems...hope it doesn't become too serious...

I'm hoping for a better year for both of us! It's time!

I'm really enjoying have DS2 and family here! Baby Ruth is absolutely delightful and makes me smile just looking at her! I need to get my health back so I can do more with her! Kayli is coming back today and will stay with us for a few days so she can get her time with her Dad and family!

We're doing our Christmas dinner tonight so I've got cooking to get done today! Hope you have a great day!
Old 12-27-2012, 05:10 AM   #469

Definitely not the way to lose weight sweetie. Hope the DH gets better quickly!!

Doing okay here. I didn't stick to my plan like I should have yesterday. I'm really having a hard time emotionally and it's coming out in my eating. I really really need to get a handle on this NOW before I end up back over 300lbs. It was sooooo hard to lose that weight that I don't want to have to do it again.

I'm going to try to do something similar to the program I used originally but without having to use the original products. Finding things that meet my requirements as well as having a similar nutritional profile. I've been doing some research this morning all ready and hope to have a list of "approved" foods starting January 1st.

I've never been one to start a diet on January 1st but it's as good a day as any.

Until then I'm TRYING to stick to rotations and at least get the holiday gain off before then. I haven't weighed yet so I have no clue how much I've actually gained but I'm in my big jeans I keep on hand just in case.

Oh well... Onward and Downward!!!
Old 12-28-2012, 06:12 AM   #470

Happy Friday!!

Hope today finds everyone feeling better!!

I still haven't weighed. I was tempted to but then decided to still wait till Monday. Not quite ready to face the music and still hoping that if I get a handle on things between now and then that I'll lose all the water weight and be at least "close" to what I was before the holiday fun began.

I've got to catch up with house work, pay some bills, maybe go for a few walks, etc this weekend. We'll see how the kiddos are feeling. DD is supposed to be encouraged to workout even though it'll raise her heart rate but she's scared... heck so are we..... But we'll be with her every step of the way.
Old 12-28-2012, 07:45 AM   #471
Bike Tart

My DIL and I went for our massages yesterday....wonderful!!! I'm going to try to go twice a month if I can work it out....it's a very gentle massage and I really felt relaxed when I was done.

Half of what I said I lost was back the next day...oh, well...I expected that because I knew I was a bit dehydrated along with not eating....I've been eating what everyone else is eating but trying to keep portions small....not feeling totally well is helping in that area! DH is still miserable...it comes and goes with him...I'm going to make him rest this weekend but right now he's fixing our car and he won't rest till it's done.

Hope you can find all that you need for the restart! I'm also working on a list of things to start for fitness....I do so much better with food when I'm feeling like I'm making progress with fitness....

Oldest granddaughter has to go back home tonight....it's been great having her here....DS2/family go home tomorrow......time went too fast! I'm really going to miss them....Baby Ruth is a delight!

How's your daughter today?
Old 12-28-2012, 08:26 AM   #472

Glad you got to enjoy a massage.

DD seems to be okay for now but these episodes kind of come out of the blue. No real way to plan for them.

She does NOT like the meds because they keep her tired.

They said in a few days she would adjust but she's not.

So, we'll discuss just dealing with this without meds for now.

maybe... we'll see...
Old 12-28-2012, 11:28 AM   #473
Bike Tart

This has to be so scary for her and all of you.....did they say what causes this? Hope things can be figured out so it won't be too bad for her...
Old 12-28-2012, 04:19 PM   #474

It's a heart defect.

She has an extra growth of muscle/tissue that's interrupting the electrical pathway. Because of this it sometimes gets confused and it'll get stuck in a endless loop causing the high heart rate(well over 200 bpm).

Since babies and teenagers naturally have a higher heart rate it was just a random happenstance that she had the defect that causes it to get stuck there.
Old 12-29-2012, 07:33 AM   #475

Happy Saturday!!!

Decided after I'd had such a good Down Day yesterday that I would go ahead and peek at the scale this morning. Not nearly as bad as I expected.
Now back on the losing trail... I hope anyway...
Old 12-30-2012, 06:17 AM   #476

Happy Sunday!!

Had a really good Up Day yesterday. It's amazing how much better I feel when I'm mostly Paleo/Primal with my meals.

I had some grain at breakfast but was completely clean the rest of the day. I didn't count cals just ate my fill. Even snacked before bed... quite a bit...

Still ended up with only a half pound gain.

So, I'm off to have a really good Down Day today and hopefully have a nice loss tomorrow.

I'm hoping to be fully 100% by January 1st and then either following a daily low calorie type plan with it or continue with daily rotations. Really depends on whether or not the scale will continue being nice to me.

I need to lose about 3.5lbs a week between now and my b'day if I want to make my "final" goal where I will only be working on toning up and building muscle.

BUT only .5lb a week will get me to the initial goal of just looking normal sized..... So, I have a huge leeway there that will help keep me from getting discouraged on those bad weeks.

Hopefully...
Old 12-30-2012, 12:35 PM   #477
Bike Tart

Glad you had a good day yesterday, Dawn! That always helps!

We went out last night....BIL's band played so we went to see them...DH had to have pizza and soft pretzel chunks...why can't that ever taste bad to me? I had a little bit but not as much as I would have in the past...I still don't understand why I can't just lose the taste for bread/pasta....so many people say that after being lc for a while they just don't like/want that stuff....I can be lc for years and I'll still love it! Ugh!

Sitting at Mom's all afternoon so Stepfather can sleep...he's not feeling well and won't nap unless I'm here to stay with Mom...she can't get out of bed and would be fine for a few hours (he leaves her to sleep all night!) but he won't leave her alone in the livingroom during the day. So I'll be here for a few more hours....DH dropped me off so he'll pick me up in time to go make dinner...
Old 12-31-2012, 06:29 AM   #478

Happy New Years Eve!!

It's not a matter of "losing" the taste for the bread items.

It's more of a no need to taste it because I know the moment I do it'll set things off.

Of course I haven't been strict enough with myself to get back to that point.

The point where it's fairly easy to sit there and not have any when other people are eating it. So the want/need for it never truly goes away it just becomes easier to say no.... knowing that the minute that I say yes it'll become a free for all.

In a book I read, one of the writer's resolutions was to "Give Up All Self Control"... what she meant was that during the holidays instead of trying to control herself so much and only have one bite or one piece of this or that. She would eliminate the issue all together and not taste any of the trigger items. Therefore giving up the need to exercise self control and the need to feel guilty after not sticking to small portions.

That is going to be one of my New Years Resolutions.....
For 2013 I will be giving up all self control!!
If I know it's a trigger food or not on my plan I will NOT be taking even one taste. It's not worth the damage in the long run.

Old 12-31-2012, 02:39 PM   #479
Bike Tart

Happy New Year's Eve!

Well, I'm hoping in the new year that I can get back to that place that I'm not interested in tasting foods that will trigger me....I used to be better at it. I guess I get tired of reading in other groups that people say that after a time on lc they try bread or whatever and it doesn't taste good anymore....I've never had that happen to me....

Anyways, if I did the Up Day/Down Day, today would have been an Up Day for sure!

I don't usually make resolutions, especially after the year I've had....all I want is for the coming year to be less stressful....that won't happen but it's nice to dream....

Working on a list of exercises that I may be able to do starting this week.....need to get started....I know if I feel stronger/better I will eat better.....it's a start....

Time to get some chores done....see ya next year!
Old 01-01-2013, 06:29 AM   #480

Happy New Year!!

Not weighing this morning after all the chocolate and wine I enjoyed last night.

Today I am now 110% Primal which means when I want it I'll allow certain kinds of dairy but mostly just meat and veggie with the occasional fruit.

Today I'm going to employ all the usual things to combat swelling such as lemon water. Then I'll weigh tomorrow and count that as my first weigh in for 2013. Hopefully it's not too horrible.

I will also begin exercising again this week. I have 28 Day Shred by Jillian Michaels, a 28 Day Beginners program of yoga, plus walking every day. Then there will be the usual active days with the family. It won't all be crammed into one day so no worries that I'll over do it.

Once I feel I can grip the KBs again(arthritis has been bad).... I'll put those back in to my routine at least 3x's a week. Can't Wait!!!