Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2012, 05:15 AM   #421
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: DarkSiren
WOE: What Ever it Takes!!!!
Start Date: Recommited January 2014
Happy Monday!!

Wow I was such a debbie downer yesterday. I enjoyed my UD immensely. It was family fun day and I chose not to worry about diet other than keeping to my cals. I was rewarded with the usual almost 2lb gain... actual was 1.8lbs.

BUT I'm super swollen and still haven't started TOM. Officially 1wk late on Wednesday. I have tested and still not pregnant.

So, at this point I KNOW that the hormones are going crazy and I accept that. Maybe the fact that I was so emotional yesterday means that I'll be starting soon.

Meanwhile I'm now on Katahn rotations because I need to get things going in the right directions. I really want to make that birthday goal and I'm keeping my eye on that prize instead of worrying about the here and now as far as weight goes.

I WILL get there!!!

31wks and a few days till my B'day goal.
DarkSiren is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-03-2012, 03:32 PM   #422
Bike Tart

Gallery: mamagiff
WOE: general low carb
Sorry you had a rough weekend, Dawn At least you can usually pinpoint where your issues are and can fix them easier than I can.

I do know that wheat is a problem for sure...had Dreamfield's pasta the other day and my feet and ankles were puffy all weekend...no more of that! Plus my stomach has been acting up...out of meds...not sure why they haven't arrived yet because I called them in a while back and the other med I called in arrived last week...guess I'll have to call about it tomorrow. My stomach is burning right now and I know it's because there still must be some wheat in my system. If I say away from wheat, my stomach isn't as bad.

DS texted me this morning saying his boss is selling her elliptical and wondered if we wanted it...I told him we'd get it if he wants to use it, too...he's going to look at it tonigt....not sure where we'll put it but for $100 if it's in good shape it will be a good deal.

I bought some potatoes to give it a try....they don't seem to bother me like wheat does....I'll know soon...I was thinking of doing them for a day or two to see how it goes...maybe once a week if it goes ok...we'll see...

We gladly feast on those who would subdue us! - Addams Family Creed

My Facebook
mamagiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 05:52 AM   #423

Happy Tuesday!!

Swelling is finally coming down to the tune of 4lbs over night.
Still have more to go but that's something I guess.

Today would be an Up Day if I were doing daily rotations but I'm going to try to continue Down Days (or Katahns rotations) for now.
Old 12-04-2012, 01:57 PM   #424
Bike Tart

We went to lunch to get Jim's free burger at Red Robing today...it's Jim day! LOL!

I've been out of my stomach meds for a couple of weeks and not sure why they didn't refill and mail till yesterday....so now my stomach has been burning for the last few days...don't want to get OTC stuff because I'm hoping the meds will be here soon...

I do have a question for you, Dawn.....in the paleo recipes that I've come across, honey is used as a sweetener...have you had any issues using honey? I don't want to use a lot and I'm sure I'd just have to go ahead and try it but was wondering what your experience has been....

Time to get busy with ornaments and decorating....Jim got the revolving tree ready for me so I'm going to try to work on it for a while...till I get feeling too tired...don't like to handle the ornaments for that tree when I'm tired...can't take a chance of breaking them...
Old 12-04-2012, 03:13 PM   #425

Honey is one of those on the fence things. I didn't have a problem with it as long as I didn't over do it.

Usually paleo-ish baked goods are sweetened with either honey or maple syrup. I did NOT handle the maple syrup.

Then there's the stance that sugar is sugar and as long as you get clean white sugar and only indulge occasionally and not in combo with grains then it's "okay".

For me personally I would use honey keeping in mind that cooking honey cooks off any "benefits" that the raw honey may be touted for.

So, I guess when it comes down to it it's a YMMV kind of thing.

Oh and then there's Coconut Sugar. It's not super sweet so if you don't mind the goodies not being very sweet then it works well.
Old 12-04-2012, 06:37 PM   #426
Bike Tart

Thanks, Dawn....I'm not into that many baked goods so I wouldn't be using it often but was just wondering since I saw it in so many recipes. My preference is savory foods most of the time so that is probably a good thing!

I've got both honey and maple syrup here...not sure what I bought them for...LOL! I may do a little bit of baking when my son/family are here...I'm already trying to come up with meals that will fill everyone up and still be doable for me. They will be here for a week, I think....and then my Aunt will be coming again for a while...fun, fun, fun! Can't wait!
Old 12-05-2012, 04:48 AM   #427

Scale is up today but I know why so I'm not worried.

We now have another reason to get back to full primal. Looks like my son is having thyroid issues as well. He's at the very beginning and therefore I can help with nutrition and exercise.

I would not in good conscience be able to keep feeding him junk knowing that it's hurting his little body and could do irreversible damage.

I feel they need lots of good fats though and baked goods help to keep them from getting bored with the meat and veggies thing day after day.

I just won't give myself as much leeway since my body doesn't react the same way.

Making the gradual junk dump this week and 100% clean for everyone next week. Getting rid of all those things that had slowly snuck back in.

I am on the fence about allowing the occasional gluten free item that still has grains(for the kiddos only). We'll see how it goes after they've been clean for a while.
Old 12-05-2012, 06:06 AM   #428
Bike Tart

I'm glad you caught it early....it's just another reason to eat healthy....I'm sure you'll find enough variety to make it ok!

I'm already having to start thinking about meals for when DS2/family are here...they will be here for a week, at least. I'll be feeding 5 instead of 3 people and they don't eat low carb...I'm sure they'll eat whatever I make but I'll have to be creative...my Aunt will also be coming again....it's not like the days when I could make a big pasta dish and everyone was happy...I'll figure things out!

Not sure what I'll be eating today....my stomach is really unhappy so I will try to keep it bland and boring...hoping the meds arrive today but if not, I'm stopping to get some OTC stuff to hold me over till they get here...I hate having to mail order meds...I ordered them early enough but they were slow in filling it....
Old 12-05-2012, 10:21 AM   #429

Don't get me started on planning meals.

I'm trying to plan meals for while family are here and it's driving me batty.

I almost feel like saying, "Hey, let's just eat out".

But that kind of defeats the purpose of getting back to healthy eating for everyone.

Old 12-05-2012, 03:45 PM   #430
Bike Tart

I know just what you mean....it would be so much easier to order a pizza, make pasta dishes, those egg bake things for breakfasts (the ones with hashbrowns or bread, of course!)....that's what got me where I am now...I'll have to see what I can come up with...

I forgot to tell you I got a call from DIL the other day asking if I would like a massage certificate for Christmas...she didn't want to get it if I wasn't interested...heck, yeah! It's for a Trager massage which is supposed to be very gentle yet very helpful...my Aunt goes for them regularly and says she feels almost drunk when she's done...can't wait! I'm going to see if DIL wants one, too, so we could go together while they're here!

My eating has not been as good as I'd like today....my stomach is still bothering me so I bought some OTC stuff but I've just been nibbling on stuff today and not keeping track...tomorrow is weigh in for me....I'm sure it won't be pretty...
Old 12-06-2012, 05:07 AM   #431

after some major drama and binging last night I'm surprised to still be the same on the scale today. I'm sure I'll pay for it tomorrow.

Anyway, lost my laptop and a lot of stuff that I hadn't backed up yet. DH is still trying to somehow save the pictures even if he can't get the computer itself working again but it's not looking promising.

I'm now trying to set up my DS's laptop to use and it's slow going with all the updates and such.

Will try to do better the rest of this week. Got some groceries last night which hopefully will help. But mostly I'm just trying to muddle through a very uncomfortable visit.

Oh and of course today is the anniversary of my brother's death so I'm wanting to drown my sorrows in food. I'm going to try very very hard not to.

Last edited by DarkSiren; 12-06-2012 at 05:27 AM..
Old 12-06-2012, 06:19 PM   #432
Bike Tart

I'm sure tomorrow will be difficult...can't even imagine....

Sorry about the laptop...mine is on it's last legs and I'm hoping to keep it going for a few more months...

I weighed today...one pound down this week...better than nothing, I guess.

Nothing else is new with me...same stuff over and over....
Old 12-07-2012, 04:40 AM   #433

Morning,
I'm up again and going nuts... I'm really just trying to maintain through the weekend at least. Maybe even though the holidays but at this rate I'm going to break into the higher set of numbers that I haven't seen in two years and I'm scared.

I've also missed my period but I'm not pregnant. And my hair is falling out signaling issues with my thyroid.

But I have a couple weeks till my appointment with the endo.
Old 12-07-2012, 09:30 AM   #434
Bike Tart

I sneaked a peek at the scale....2 lbs. up from yesterday....don't know why....oh well....

I've been cooking this morning as well as getting more ornaments unwrapped to put on the trees....will be working on trees after I get back from Mom's house....need to figure out how to get the topper on the revolving tree....usually have DS do it but he won't be home till late and I don't really trust DH to do it...he isn't always careful....I may work on a different tree instead and have DS do the topper tomorrow...

Good idea to try to maintain a bit before going into unknown territory, Dawn! Sorry you're having thyroid issues again....
Old 12-08-2012, 05:04 AM   #435

Happy Saturday!!

I seem to be backing away from that mean ole number again. Fingers crossed that I can get through this weekend without giving in to emotional binging.

It'll help that I'm not comfortable eating in front of my in-laws.

Have some final things to do around here then we'll be heading out to spend the day with them. I'm so upset because the rain rolled in completely cancelling the original plans for the day. Would have been nice to go to the beach.

Oh well... onward and downward...

Hope that 2lbs comes right back off for you sweetie.
Old 12-08-2012, 12:39 PM   #436
Bike Tart

Hope you make it through the weekend ok, Dawn!

Lost the 2 plus one more...no idea what's going on but I'll take it....

DS and I are doing some work in the home office to get it done for the holidays....when DS2 and family are here I'm sure Kayli will spend a night or two and we'll put a mattress on the floor in there for her to sleep so we need to have it organized and clean. I need to go get some flannel sheets for the mattress so it's cozy and comfy for her...

Not much else going on....just going to keep plugging away at all the work here....
Old 12-09-2012, 06:31 AM   #437

Morning!!

Well, I keep trying to do Katahn rotations(weekly) but keep ending up doing JUDDD(daily) instead because I just want to be able to eat. Even if it is only every other day.

But even after ending up with an Up Day yesterday I still lost half a pound.

So, it works out.

Still have a ton more to go to get this med gain off but at least we're going in the right direction at this point. I think until daily rotations stop working I'll just keep with them. Why mess with a good thing just because I'm impatient.

So today will be a Down Day and I am also supposed to be taking the family out to eat. I'll look up the menu for the place we're going and see how I'll need to work out the rest of the day.

Hope your loss continues as well sweetie!! Maybe we just needed to stop worrying about it.
Old 12-10-2012, 05:23 AM   #438

Happy Monday!!

Well, I had hoped for a good loss after a really decent down day. Even planned out my menu before going to the restaurant and everything.

I did have a loss but it was only .2

Thank goodness for digital scales. I think I'd throw a regular one out the window by now.

Today is an up day. I'm going to try to keep it clean (ie. no grains) and we'll see how that goes. Family has decided that they'll be staying indefinitely so planning meals out to make it easier won't work anymore.

So, now I have to get creative with meals at home on the cheap since we really can't afford to feed two extra adults. This should be interesting.
Old 12-10-2012, 04:02 PM   #439
Bike Tart

Ugh! Something is screwing me up...I was up 6 lbs. this morning...well, at least I know it's going to be gone soon....the good thing is that I had a meeting today with Mom's RN and the first thing she said was that I looked like I had lost weight! So I'm going with what she said instead of the scale! LOL!

Not much going on...I'm hungry so I need to go make something to eat....long day today...went to Mom's twice today, Sam's Club, too....would like to just lounge but too much to get done....

I am working on menu planning for when DS2/family are here...I want to still keep it close to what I can eat...I have a few ideas....
Old 12-11-2012, 05:30 AM   #440

Good Morning!!

Wow Ms.Linda something is definitely up to be up that much so quickly. Hope it goes away just as quickly.

My scale was down a good chunk this morning which was very surprising after an Up Day.

Family has changed their minds yet again and will be leaving in the morning. Only reason they're staying today is MIL wants to give us a night out for our anniversary.

Even though it is our anni I will be sticking to my DD today. I'm just not in the mood for food and I know that I can pick low cal items and be satisfied where ever we go.

Well, I'm off.... Lots of lessons to catch up on and housework to do before the fam comes over to watch the kiddos.
Old 12-11-2012, 07:45 AM   #441
Bike Tart

Happy Anniversary!!!

Not much new here....decorating, cleaning, cooking....

Scale down a little but still up from the low the other day....I just don't know anymore! I'll just keep plugging along...
Old 12-12-2012, 05:15 AM   #442

Thanks Ms.Linda!!

Happy Tuesday!!!

Scale is slowly but surely working it's way down. I'm doing really well on rotations and doing it with the hope that I'll at least maintain so the pressure is off. Maybe that's what's doing it or maybe my body was just ready to release the med weight... a month later... grrr. LOL

It is frustrating to look at my weight chart from 2 months ago and see where I was. Trying not to let it get to me but it does.

Anyway, it's neither here nor there. I'm doing what needs to be done and so far it's working out. I just need to keep this mind frame even after the first of the year and not start getting frustrated because I'm not losing fast.... just be glad I'm losing.
Old 12-13-2012, 05:11 AM   #443

I lost a day yesterday. LOL Should have been Happy Wednesday...

Happy Thursday!!!

Up on the scale as expected after a really nice UD.

I'm very swollen from the amount of sodium I had yesterday so lots of lemon water for me today.

Other than that... Just getting ready for the weekend and trying to decide what we'll be doing for Family Fun Day.
Old 12-13-2012, 11:39 AM   #444
Bike Tart

Up a couple today....ugh! I took Aleve last night because my legs hurt so bad....I wish I knew why I keep having all this pain...they are much better today....all I did different yesterday was go up and down a flight of stairs once in the morning and once in the afternoon....I could barely move last night...this is more than just being out of condition....I am really going to work hard on strength after the holidays...I just have too much to do now to risk more pain.

Not going anywhere...working on decorations...I've decided I may have DH take one of the big trees down instead of decorating it...it's in the kitchen and I love it but I'm thinking my DIL will be too stressed with Baby Ruth on the loose so it may be better to take it back down since I haven't decorated it yet....
Old 12-14-2012, 04:42 AM   #445

TGIF!!

Today is my Up Day.

I'm down from yesterday but up from my last after DD weight. It's not terrible and I woke up with sausage fingers so I'm not going to worry.

I'm officially weening everyone off the last bit of grain in the house. Then we'll be totally on Auto Immune Paleo. To see if we can keep DS from going into full blown hypothyroid with the help of the right nutrition and exercise.

I'll still continue to rotate the calories but my DD's may get a little higher because it's hard to keep them low without grains and fat free products.

Or I may try fasting until dinner every other day. I'll figure it out.

That's pretty much it here for now. Hope you have a great start to your day!!
Old 12-14-2012, 08:06 AM   #446
Bike Tart

I didn't weigh this morning....less puffy but am trying not to concentrate on the number and trying to stay positive.

Lots to do, as usual....hope I can get at least some of it done!

I hope the changes in diet help your son and the rest of you, Dawn....wish I could find that elusive part of the puzzle so I could at least lose half of what I want to lose so I can be comfortable again...I don't mind doing the work but it's so frustrating when I think I'm doing the right thing and there is no progress....
Old 12-15-2012, 07:26 AM   #447

Happy Weekend!!

Sometimes we just need to focus on eating healthy and not worrying about the scale.

I'm up as expected after an Up Day but it's a lower up bounce if you know what I mean... Probably made no sense... but it is a good thing... LOL

Today is my Down Day and I'm going to attempt to get through most of the day on coffee without any coconut milk for a true fast.... I'll probably "break the fast" late afternoon/early evening.

That way I have the bulk of my cals for dinner and evening snack.

The worst time of day for me lately.

Doesn't help that hubby loves snacking.

I've got DD looking at my various Paleo cookbooks and earmarking the ones that she wants to try out. I'm also slowly teaching her the basics in cooking so that eventually she'll be able to take over at least one night a week and cook what ever she wants on that night. I think being an artist that cooking is right up her alley once she gets over the fear of messing up.

Well, I'm off... Chores and errands today. Play time for the family tomorrow. I'll be trying out a new crock pot pork roast tomorrow to have cooking and ready when we get home. I'll let you know how it works out.
Old 12-15-2012, 04:53 PM   #448
Bike Tart

Good idea to get your DD helping with the cooking....it's always good for kids to participate in meal planning and cooking....

It's cold and rainy today and my legs ache again...took some Aleve earlier so I could get more decorating done....it's going much slower than I want but I can't seem to move faster.

We went out to lunch today....using gift cards that we've had for a few months....split a few appetizers, had a bowl of soup and then we had tiny desserts....not on plan but not way off plan either.....can't complain about no loss when I eat these foods....

Not much else going on....still need to finish Christmas shopping and get things ready for DS2/DIL and Baby Ruth....I need another few weeks!!!
Old 12-16-2012, 06:23 AM   #449

Happy Sunday!!

Hope you're not hurting as much today Ms.Linda.

Had a really good down day yesterday and was rewarded with a number I haven't seen in about 6wks. So, I'm making progress. Very Very SLOW progress but I guess since I'm no longer gaining I shouldn't be complaining too much.

10 more to go till I get back to pre-med weight.

Then onward and downward yet again to get to that dang pre-surgery weight that I now haven't seen in 17 months.

I'll get there..... someday....

Now we're off for ice skating, shopping, and thoroughly enjoying my up day.
Old 12-16-2012, 06:33 AM   #450
Bike Tart

Glad your day was good yesterday, Dawn....it will keep going...slow is better than stopped!

I'm back to the low of 2 weeks ago....I guess it was the off plan eating!

Busy day again today....Mom's, home, decorating, cooking, cleaning, neverending stuff to get done! Working on Christmas menu...not sure what day we'll do our official Christmas dinner because Kayli will be with her Mom/family on Christmas Day...she'll be with us in the morning but then we'll drop her at Mom's after gift opening/breakfast....we hope to do it the next day in the evening...also have to bring food Christmas Eve to SIL's house and plan food for the whole week that DS2/family will be here...it's gonna be a big shopping trip!