Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2012, 06:52 AM   #391
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: DarkSiren
WOE: What Ever it Takes!!!!
Start Date: Recommited January 2014
Had an 85% clean Up Day and was blessed with only .5 up on the scale instead of the usual +4lbs I've been having after each and every dang Up Day lately.

Yup 4lbs after every one.... Have no clue what is going on with my body but it makes me sad and

Today is my Down Day and I'm going to allow one more Up Day tomorrow but then Monday I'll be back to weekly rotations. While my body figures out what the heck is wrong I can't continue doing the same thing over and over and expect different results... and I can't keep gaining.

I even took a pregnancy test... way too early to see if I am... but I thought jeez... I HAD to figure this out before I end up going all the way back up to 300lbs.

Oh and I'm not... at the moment...

So that's where I'm at right now.. In the past daily rotations at worst only made me lose and gain the same 2lbs. This time I gained 4 for every Up Day, didn't lose any and sometimes went up more after Down Days, and ended up back where I was before hubby left town.

Moving forward.... letting it go... and hoping that I'll start going down soon.....

I have 5wks before I see the Endo for more in depth thyroid support. We'll see if I can keep things under control until then.
DarkSiren is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-19-2012, 04:49 AM   #392

I'm not sure what I weighed after my DD Saturday.

And I have to say that I'm embarrassed how much I ate on my UD yesterday and the resulting weight.

That's it....

I'm back to regular weekly rotations. I just hope they work and that I can stick to them for the time needed to get this stuff back off.

As much as I like the freedom of the UD/DD rotations I just can't have THAT much freedom right now.

Maybe when I finally get under 200lbs or when I get around 10lbs of my FINAL goal.

And yes that means Thanksgiving will be very controlled too but that's okay because I will be doing all the cooking and I usually don't want to eat anything after a day of cooking.
Old 11-19-2012, 09:33 AM   #393

Okay I did some research because I was curious and a medicine I took a few weeks ago has the fun side affect of 12 to 15lbs of immediate weight gain.

Maybe I'll get it off once it's out of my system... nothing I can do about it now.... {{sigh}}

But it's nice to know that officially it wasn't my fault.
Old 11-19-2012, 08:17 PM   #394
Bike Tart

Gallery: mamagiff
WOE: general low carb
Having a good visit with my niece and her DH...they leave in the morning...I'll be sad to see them go because I don't know when we'll see them again. Got a text from DIL that they just left to do the drive to her family's home for Thanksgiving....it's going to be an all night drive...

I didn't stay on plan over the weekend...I tried hard to keep the off plan food to a minimum....I just wish I didn't have such a problem with it...
mamagiff is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 04:40 AM   #395

I'm right there with you.

I was so mad about the weight gain being inevitable due to that medicine that I went off the rails yesterday.

And as a result I'm the heaviest I've been in 2yrs. Yup, I have now gained back 20lbs in only 2.5wks.

I'm hoping once my hormones get back on track that it will come off but in the mean time I can't wear any of my clothes. I'm beyond embarrassed and can't do my yearly pictures because now I'm wayyyy heavier.

I'm hoping the story will be different by Christmas but I'll have more than a few people who are going to comment about the lack of comparison shots and that's just going to make me feel even crummier about how I look right now.

It is... what it is... no use crying and continuing to gain.... I need to figure out a way to reverse this.... Just wish I knew how.....
Old 11-20-2012, 08:21 AM   #396
Bike Tart

We'll get this figured out eventually....I guess just not in the time frame we want!

My niece left this morning so I can hopefully do better again....I have turkey soup in the crockpot....not much leftovers from Sunday so I told DH I'd make another small turkey dinner this week while he's off work.

My niece and her DH left about an hour ago...not sure when I'll see them again...time went too fast as usual!
Old 11-21-2012, 05:29 AM   #397

Ms. Linda!!

I saw a drop on the scale.... I still have a LONG way to go to get back where I was only a few weeks ago BUT it's a drop instead of another gain so I take that as a good sign.
Old 11-21-2012, 01:29 PM   #398
Bike Tart

Well, haven't done that great with food this week....I just have too much going on to stay so diligent...yes, big excuse but part is that I just don't care enough, I guess. I guess it's because I keep feeling like it doesn't matter how hard I try....it never seems to help. I haven't eaten a lot of food but I haven't made the best choices...normal portion sizes, at least.

We've been invited to BIL's parent's house for dinner tomorrow so more off plan food....I'll do my best.

Hope the numbers continue in the right direction for you, Dawn...

We gladly feast on those who would subdue us! - Addams Family Creed

My Facebook
Old 11-22-2012, 12:35 PM   #399

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

When you're ready you'll get back to it I'm sure. The holidays really isn't a great time for a lot of people to stick to any plan.

Maybe try JUDDD during the rest of the year. Get a feel for it. Enjoy the food you want and see if it works for you.

That way you can eat what ever you want and just count your cals.

It normally works for me when I'm not having hormonal issues but I don't think you need to worry about that.

I was down on the scale some more this morning.

Granted then my hubby showed up with a peppermint coffee(sugar/cals) and a peppermint donut thingy(OMGosh bad stuff)

Rest of the day I've been fine though. Had a sweet potato and protein for lunch.

Tried out my Pumpkin Pecan Bars(Paleo-ish) for snack. Not very sweet and I think I'll use honey instead of maple next time. But otherwise good.

Dinner will be all Paleo foods with only one non paleo and that's the guys regular pumpkin pie. I will have more of the Bars if I feel the need for a dessert.

So I'm hoping by taking this direction today that I'll be either the same or lower again tomorrow. We'll see how much the breakfast messes me up.
Old 11-23-2012, 04:49 AM   #400

Jeez....

Good for all but breakfast, did NOT stuff myself, and still managed a 3lb gain.

I know it's probably swelling from the sodium(bacon wrapped chicken, sausage stuffing meatballs, etc)

so I'm not going to get "TOO" wrapped up in the drama but still...

jeez....

Only me....

to my world as of late.....

I am now officially on Katahn weekly rotations because we've been warned of an upcoming in-law visit.

Life is about to get insane.
Old 11-24-2012, 05:19 AM   #401

Well, I'm not weighing this morning.

Not worth the drama.

I ate clean but very calorie dense yesterday. Plus high sodium.

So I knew the scale would be up to reflect that and Thanksgiving's choices. So, ummmm... not going there.

Will do a modified fast for most of this weekend and then move on to one of my plans that I know I lose well with on Monday.

I just need a cleanse before that point because I feel gross and bloated.

Otherwise today is about getting some major projects done and tomorrow hopefully we'll have enough accomplished to go out and have some family fun.
Old 11-24-2012, 07:13 AM   #402
Bike Tart

I'm hoping the last of my less than good choices are done with....sending the last of the carbier leftovers to my Stepfather....I'm not a fan of turkey so DH and DS can finish it off...I've got beef for me. I am not like those people that go low carb and then lose their taste for the higher carb foods....I still love them just as much if I haven't eaten them for a year as I do when I eat them regularly...oh, well...just need to get past it...

Today I start working on the holiday decorations....it will take me till Christmas to get it done, I'm sure! I'm going to see if granddaughter wants to come over one night a week to help...I talked to her about it before and she sounds interested...I will have her decorate her Dad's tree as well as Baby Ruth's tree...she can also decorate her own tree! I'm sure she's going to enjoy that! I am also hoping she'd like to make some ornaments to give as gifts...

Better go get started on everything on my list....besides decorating I'll be cleaning and cooking.....
Old 11-25-2012, 06:31 AM   #403

Happy Sunday!!

Forgot to weigh this morning... But if truth be told I was probably avoiding it subconsciously.

Back on a low cal plan. I'll try to keep it primal but if there are days where I need a couple crackers I'm not going to freak about it.

Now I'm off to decide if we're going to climb the lighthouse or go ice skating today.

Laterz!!
Old 11-25-2012, 06:59 AM   #404
Bike Tart

I've been trying to pay attention to what foods affect me in negative ways....I think that breads are what affect me the worst...I had stuffing a couple different times this week and I also had heartburn and puffy feet....yesterday I had some pasta...no puffy feet or heartburn....same with potatoes...no problems with them. Not that I plan to eat them often but I won't stress about it if I'm in a situation where they are offered. Just need to stay away from bread unless I want to feel lousy...

This month is going to be busy with decorating so I hope that I will not think about food much! LOL!

And speaking of decorating....I'm off to get busy with it!
Old 11-26-2012, 05:02 AM   #405

Good Morning and Happy Monday!!

A day of fresh starts.

I peeked at the scale and it's gradually coming back down and not nearly as bad as I expected.

Bad..... But not "as" bad.....

That's a good idea to figure out which foods affect you the most.

Although anything that is prepackaged affects me. Anything with sugar is like the kiss of death. Not only does it make me feel bad but it sets off binge worthy cravings.

Unfortunately I have a sweet tooth so I find it very hard not to give in sometimes. Then I have to back track all the damage I've done.

So, I'm currently on weekly rotations instead of daily while I get this weight back off. It'll probably take me the whole 3wks to do it but I'm hoping it won't. Maybe two...

Heck one week would show that it was mostly fluid to begin with and would be AWESOME!!!

But I'm not kidding myself on that fluid bit. I'm sure it doesn't account for the whole amount.

I'm really sore from climbing the lighthouse yesterday so I'll be doing mostly upper body work today to balance it out.

Tomorrow I'll be dragging out my skates to see if I can get used to them in time for roller skating this weekend.
Old 11-27-2012, 04:53 AM   #406

Another small drop on the scale today.

Can't believe I'm getting excited considering how MUCH further I need to go just to get back to a regular weight for me.

Lots to do around here as per usual this time of year. And still have the possible family visit looming with no official time frame.

Don't mind the visit so much as not knowing WHEN.

Today I think I'll drag out the Wii Fit games and board. Time to start getting the kids moving on something inside since they are getting wimpy about being out in the cold.

Laterz!!
Old 11-27-2012, 08:27 AM   #407
Bike Tart

I'm home all day today...I hope! The plan is to work on Christmas stuff all day...granddaughter may be coming over this week to help with decorating and I need to get things ready in case she can come. I hope to get a small tree and the big wreath done today and have things ready for more soon....have to do some cleaning in order to get things in place.

I had a really rough day yesterday....went to Mom's in the morning and then did a little Christmas shopping as well as a few groceries...walked through 3 stores and by the time I got home, my legs hurt so bad I couldn't do anything but sit...finally took Aleve and covered with a blanket and napped till the pain went away....I just don't understand this pain...can't figure out why I have the weakness/pain in my legs...all the initial tests indicate nothing is wrong...it isn't like workout pain...it's pain....I'm to the point that I'm afraid to do much of anything because it just hurts...I don't have pain in my upper body although I suppose I have some weakness but not bad. I definitely have lost any/all strength I had when I was working out...I'm sad because I just don't know what to do anymore. When I woke from my nap, the drugs had kicked in and the warmth from the blanket helped a lot and I was able to do a few things and then late night hot tub time helped, too.

I slept a lot later today than usual so I'm way behind in all that I wanted to do....better get off the computer and get something done while I have DH home to help carry things! Once he leaves for work I'm on my own!
Old 11-28-2012, 05:06 AM   #408

So sorry you had such a rough day yesterday sweetie!!
Hope you have a better day today.

My right calf seized up after the climb on Sunday and hasn't released for more than an hour since then.

Hubby massaged it last night then I followed that with some yoga stretches. It felt awesome when I went to bed but when I got up this morning I could barely walk again.

We've been thinking along the lines of hiking to a no swim beach or going roller skating depending on how warm it is but now I'm wondering if maybe a movie and playing pool would be better.

Scale is slowly but surely chugging along in the right direction for now. At this point I'm about 10lbs from my low from when DH was gone. {{sigh}}

And I still don't know when the in-laws are supposed to be here. We're really not set up for company right now so it's frustrating. When my family left we pretty much tore up the place to get ready for some projects during any days off that hubby can get and now we're having to put it all back together for their visit. I'm so frustrated I want to

Anyway, I will try to not let it get to me.... and TRY to enjoy the visit.

Off for another busy day. Laterz!!!
Old 11-28-2012, 06:58 AM   #409
Bike Tart

Hope your leg feels better soon, Dawn! I'm going shopping again today...only one store so I'm hoping I won't be in so much pain like the other day.

Heading to Mom's in a bit...then to Hobby Lobby to see what I can find for the granddaughters.

Need to get my breakfast (eggs) and then figure out something easy to bring for lunch for me....I don't want to wait till I get home (could be after 3 p.m. by the time I get home).

I really need to try to incorporate some leg exercises into my day...maybe that will help...was thinking about getting my indoor bike set up downstairs but right now I just don't have time for it...
Old 11-28-2012, 07:30 AM   #410

Thanks Sweetie!!

Hope you don't hurt too much after errands today.

Hubby has his heart scan today. He has a condition that has to be monitored the rest of this life. When his weight is down he doesn't look like he has a problem on the scans but when his weight is up it shows up. So we KNOW that his weight needs to be kept down. Unfortunately he came back heavier than when he left for the academy. {{sigh}}

We're working hard to get it back down and undo the damage but it's slow going. It definitely was not in time for the current scan. Hoping it doesn't look bad and that they don't try to put him on meds again.

Not when we know we can control it through diet and exercise. He's just not very motivated to stick to a plan unless I do the "thinking" part for him.
Old 11-29-2012, 04:45 AM   #411

Good Morning!!

We'll have to wait on results for hubby's scan but I'm not worried.

Scale is continuing back down even after my Up Day yesterday. Yup, I ended up doing an Up Day because with my nerves shot I just couldn't do 600cals again. So I'm very thankful the scale continued down. I've been doing a little experiment with potatoes and it seems to be working.

It's so funny because right when I was reading about it on another bulletin board and decided to give it a try...... the girls over on the JUDDD board discovered it as well and decided to give it a try.

I'm not doing it exactly how everyone else is but it still seems to be working for me.
Old 11-29-2012, 12:46 PM   #412
Bike Tart

Well, I'm still working on getting food back on track...I'd say that I'm about 80% most of the time....would like it to be a bit better but it is what it is for now...

So what are you doing with potatoes? Or is it too soon to ask?

Hope your DH's results are ok!

I've been working on decorations today...need to get more done each day if I want it all to get done in time! My shopping yesterday was mostly successful...got stockings for the girls and couple of ornaments...want to get a few more for Baby Ruth if I have time....also need to get some stocking holders...

DH asked me what I want for Christmas and I couldn't think of anything....till today....I ordered some parts for the TRX strap training system that I don't have yet....I really want both of us to be able to use this starting soon! I can do a lot of upper body stuff with it till I can get my leg strength back (and it will help me get leg strength back, too!)...time to get back to movement....
Old 11-29-2012, 01:31 PM   #413

Well there's this whole "scientific" reason for plain potato fasting being a good way to lose a pound a day.

I decided to give it a try one day because I had some to use up before they went bad and had a huge drop on the scale the next morning.

I just ate up to my very low cal day limits. Used salt, pepper, and ketchup.

Then I decided that since it worked out I would try a normal Up Day with the majority of the food being potatoes and then adding what ever else I wanted as long as I didn't go over Up Day cals. Even had a small take out chili.

Had another drop on the scale...

Something unheard of recently with the meds issues... I was gaining 2 to 4lbs after every Up Day and not always taking them back off the next day.

So for now I'm continuing it. If you want more info on the basics behind it... it's a HUGE read.

You could start here

and then if you want to get more into the science of it move on over to the other bulletin board which is mentioned in the first post.
Old 11-29-2012, 02:40 PM   #414
Bike Tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSiren View Post
Well there's this whole "scientific" reason for plain potato fasting being a good way to lose a pound a day.

I decided to give it a try one day because I had some to use up before they went bad and had a huge drop on the scale the next morning.

I just ate up to my very low cal day limits. Used salt, pepper, and ketchup.

Then I decided that since it worked out I would try a normal Up Day with the majority of the food being potatoes and then adding what ever else I wanted as long as I didn't go over Up Day cals. Even had a small take out chili.

Had another drop on the scale...

Something unheard of recently with the meds issues... I was gaining 2 to 4lbs after every Up Day and not always taking them back off the next day.

So for now I'm continuing it. If you want more info on the basics behind it... it's a HUGE read.

You could start here

and then if you want to get more into the science of it move on over to the other bulletin board which is mentioned in the first post.
Thanks! I'll read it soon!
Old 11-30-2012, 04:49 AM   #415

Morning!!

Scale the same today. So, I think my potato experiment is officially over after 3 days and I think 3 or 4lbs. I'd have to double check.

But it gave me the jump start I needed and confidence to continue working on this med weight.

This weekend will be crazy with errands, work on the house(including a TON of painting), and finally some fun with the kiddos on Sunday.
Old 11-30-2012, 07:58 AM   #416
Bike Tart

I read some of the potato info....very interesting and worth a try later on when things aren't so hectic. Not sure if I could eat one without the good stuff on it, though. And if I had potatoes in the house right now I'd try it today! LOL! I'm hungry (forgot to eat breakfast)...will have some eggs or something in a minute.

Today is busy....decorating, Mom's, book club....I need to get my shower before I do anything else...woke with a headache that doesn't want to go away...I think I just didn't get enough sleep...

Better get going so I can get stuff accomplished today!
Old 12-01-2012, 04:52 AM   #417

Happy Saturday!!

Was only up .2 after my UD yesterday. I ended up basing my day on potatoes again and then just filling in with what ever else I wanted.

It was a mostly clean day(primal) with one little treat at the end.

Then I was blessed with that teeny tiny .2 instead of my usual 2 to 4lbs lately.

So maybe there is something to the potatoes even when they aren't just plain and alone. At least I'd like to think so.

I've got a new bag that the hubby brought home so as long as I'm not gaining huge amounts... why not....

Now I'm off to start the household projects. Today is going to be insane in order to get as much done as possible before we go have fun tomorrow.

I'm not even sure where to begin.

Later Gator!!
Old 12-01-2012, 12:48 PM   #418
Bike Tart

Still reading up on the potato thing....sounds like something I might be able to do....we'll see!

Working on decorations and cleaning today....I hate that I have to take so many breaks but it is what it is...

It's gloomy here....going to watch Christmas movies while I decorate to try to keep things cheerful....DH left for work about a half hour ago.

Didn't eat the best last night at book club...seems like I have another personality that takes over my hands and brain when snacks are out...should have moved to a different seat since the snacks were on the coffee table close to me...
Old 12-01-2012, 05:48 PM   #419

Well, I can officially say without a doubt that I'm done with the potato thing and not because I want to be....

I've often wondered if I have a sensitivity to nightshades and after almost a week of this I'm feeling the effects.

I can probably handle them occasionally but after this long my RA flared majorly. My joints are so bad I've been on the verge of tears most of the day.

Plus my face looks like I've been bit and scraped across the road a few times... because of my eczema that only flares when I eat something that doesn't agree with me or I'm stressed.

Oh well... at least I got that jump start on losing.... and if I need to break a stall later I know I can come back to them for a day here and there. Just not as long as I did it.
Old 12-02-2012, 06:08 AM   #420

Happy Sunday!!

I was really strict yesterday and rewarded with a gain. I give up... that's it.... I can't do this constant battle with my body anymore.

I will do maintenance levels of JUDDD and hope that I actually maintain. This will hopefully get me through the stress of this time of year and then I can start fresh on January 1st.

Of course with my gaining even after strict days I don't hold out any hope that I'll maintain.

I will also increase my exercise both to deal with the stress and hopefully to shock my body out of what ever the heck it's going through.