Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2012, 06:15 PM   #361
Bike Tart

Gallery: mamagiff
WOE: general low carb
Waving hi! Had a good day at Mom's...she was more relaxed and responsive today...she even answered some questions! She's not going to improve but I'm wondering if the meds have finally leveled out and she's over the temporary side effects of them.

Anyways, this is going to be a very busy week for me....lunch at Mom's tomorrow so DH can fix the light in the kitchen ceiling fan, dinner with book club girls, dentist, dr., lunch w/sister, neice and Aunt, band practice, meetings at Mom's....and all my stuff here at home!

I need to make a list for my dr. appt. so I don't forget anything...legs really hurt today as do my joints...I think the joints are from the grains I've been eating....had bread a couple of times and pasta once....done with that stuff now...today was all on plan....still need to make myself some dinner...maybe some eggs or something else easy...

Good luck at your dr. appt! Glad the storm isn't so bad by you...my BIL/SIL live in PA and I hope all will be ok with them....

We gladly feast on those who would subdue us! - Addams Family Creed

My Facebook
mamagiff is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-30-2012, 04:40 AM   #362
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: DarkSiren
WOE: What Ever it Takes!!!!
Start Date: Recommited January 2014
Glad your mom had a good day sweetie!!

Scale the same today. TOM due this weekend but I'm already feeling crummy so I'm assuming at this point that it's already messing with the scale.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

I'm going to 110% perfect (for me) until date night with the DH so that I can be in the next set of 10's by then. Won't be at my goal for when he got back but very very close so I'll consider it a win no matter what.

Of course he's already said he doesn't care what size I am so I guess I'm doing this more for me than him anyway. To feel like I accomplished something while he was away.

Guess I'll shift my focus to my next goal for Thanksgiving Comparison Pictures. I know there's no way I'll make it but I'm going to try as hard as I can.
DarkSiren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 05:22 AM   #363

Okay even with a really clean day I stayed the same on the scale.

I'm currently 5lbs up from this month's low and that is typical for pre-TOM gain so I guess that's it. That means no more loss for the next week to a week and a half. Oh well......

I'm just wishing I would start and get it over with before DH gets home. Really don't want to be a grumpy wifey when he gets here.

Now that I've had time to sit back and think about it I'm honestly angry with myself. If I hadn't slipped even the tiniest bit while dealing with pre-TOM cravings I may have maintained at the lower weight instead of gaining the usual 5lbs. This is totally my fault... I can't blame it on TOM. Wish I could.... but it didn't tie me down and make me eat the Halloween candy on my DD instead of waiting until my UD.

My rotations are really messed up right now because of all the running around I've been doing with my family. ugh..... So, I need to get myself under control and just continue moving forward and downward.

Last edited by DarkSiren; 10-31-2012 at 05:40 AM..
Old 11-01-2012, 05:51 AM   #364

Good Morning!!

I have some things going on here that are stressing me so bad that I feel like I'm going to break into a million pieces any second.

Nothing life threatening but still serious. {{sigh}}

I'm trying not to allow the stress to derail me from my goals......

TOM showed up 4 days early so the 5lbs up is definitely accounted for now.

Still holding steady at that weight and really really irritated.

I'll be doing a lot of flushing with lemon water, etc.

Hopefully the swelling and such will go down quickly and TOM will go out just as quickly as it showed up.

I wanted to fit into my next size down pants by the time hubby gets here this weekend and I was sooooooooo close.
Old 11-01-2012, 03:58 PM   #365
Bike Tart

Well, I'm still alive....had my dr. appt. this morning....major meltdown while I was there...we really didn't do much other than talk about Mom and her situation....my BP was good for being at the office even though the meds were reduced a while back so I'm good with that. I almost asked for some anti depressant drugs and I'm sure he would have given me something but I just don't want to take more drugs.

I saw the number on the scale.... I really think that a lot of my issues are caused by me not being on plan....time to get back to it....I have to make the time to take care of me. I am at my highest weight...

Thankfully the dr. didn't discuss any other issues with me because he saw how stressed I am....I am seriously going to work on getting my health back....starting with food and moving on to movement....I can't let this get any more out of hand than it already is....
Old 11-02-2012, 05:37 AM   #366

Sounds like you needed a bit of a release of the emotions Ms.Linda. Sometimes it's what we need. Especially when we don't want to burden our loved ones. You can vent to the doctor and walk away.

The scale is down a smidge today so I guess there's possibly a light at the end of the tunnel.

Just working my plan.... Today would be an Up Day but honestly I'm scared to do it.

We'll see what happens.
Old 11-02-2012, 07:33 AM   #367
Bike Tart

After a little research, I've decided to try a supplement that is supposed to help with stress relief...I ordered one bottle and if it helps I'll get more.

Lots to do today....mostly all the usual stuff with an added visit to DS1's apt. building for an inspection....the timing is not the greatest but if it goes fast it won't be a problem...it's small one bedroom apt. and should only take 5 or 10 minutes to inspect....have a meeting with the RN after that...don't want to be too late...
Old 11-03-2012, 05:05 AM   #368

Ms. Linda!!

I've added in L-carnitine to help with cravings on my down days. I've only tried it for 2 days but it seems to work.

I'm up on the scale today after a bang up Up Day.

Most of it's swelling since my fingers feel like sausages today.

I also made a point of really stuffing myself(within reason).

I didn't want to feel even a small amount of hunger today on my DD.

I'm also taking that L-Carnitine and seeing how the combo does for getting me as close to a fasting day as possible.

I'm hoping the combo of things will help me break through my current wall that I seem stuck at.

There's also the fact that since my family has been here my workouts have been practically none existent. I will be working on that since the hubby is coming home in fairly decent shape I want to be able to keep him working out and not let him stop.
Old 11-03-2012, 12:05 PM   #369
Bike Tart

Yesterday was the first totally on plan day I've had for a long time....so far today is going good, too. We are going out tonight (well, DS and I are going out and DH will join us later when he gets out of work)...I'm going to just drink water with some flavor stuff added....not ordering food...will eat before I go...

I think I may have a start up plan for exercise....won't be able to start till Monday...need to write it down so I can stick to it!
Old 11-05-2012, 06:32 AM   #370
Bike Tart

Good Morning!!! Had a pretty good weekend! Food was on plan and got to relax a bit. Going to start with some mini workouts today...I want to try to spread them throughout the day to see if that is helpful. I'll be doing simple things for now...I'll start with the warm up that we did in kb class (right now that will be a workout for me!)...then I'll do the stretchy band leg exercises from PT....DH is going to set up my indoor bike in the livingroom till it's time to set up Christmas trees so I'll do some pedaling...a few kb swings here and there...not sure what else but it's a start!
Old 11-06-2012, 08:24 AM   #371
Bike Tart

Well, as usual my plans for yesterday got screwed up...had to go to Mom's earlier than planned and on the way there had to stop for a few things that Stepfather asked me to get. Brought some food to cook at her house for my lunch. Did a few more errands on the way home...too tired to exercise...fell asleep all evening in the recliner as I always do....hot tub time when DH got home from work and then back to bed.

Went out to vote this morning, will get DH to set up bike today (he got called into work early yesterday so couldn't do it)....lots of chores to get done today but will do my best to get a few kb swings or something in today...

I find it very interesting that there is no puffiness in my ankles/feet since I dropped the grains...this is something I have always known but keep forgetting...even the slightest bit of grains puff them up!
Old 11-07-2012, 05:17 AM   #372

Last few days have been a free for all food wise.

I'm doing a clean down day today to get back on track. I have an Up Day coffee date with Maria tomorrow then I'll be back to Katahn's rotations to get back off what I've gained back.

In fact I'm not even weighing until I've gotten the first week under my belt. I am NOT in the mood to start feeling down on myself again.
Old 11-08-2012, 05:28 AM   #373

Today is an Up Day and a coffee date with a girlfriend.

I have assessed the damage and the 20lbs I'd managed to lose while hubby was gone is now 14lbs.

But a couple good Down Days and I should be good.

Then on Monday I'll be back on Katahn's weekly rotations. Which will bring about 10 to 15lbs in 4wks.

Won't make my goal for Thanksgiving unless there's some miracle but I'm still going to try.
Old 11-08-2012, 11:44 AM   #374
Bike Tart

I'm doing ok here....still no grains/sugar (unless it's in fruit...I've been having a tiny clementine tangerine a day)....feeling pretty good....still no exercise, though...it's been another crazy week with too much stuff going on...

Granddaughter (Kayli) has a choir concert tonight so I'm going to that...her Dad wants me to record it if I can...I'll do my best.

My brother's oldest DD and her DH are coming to stay with us for a couple of days on the 17th and we decided to do our Thanksgiving dinner while they are here...invited Kayli/Mom to join us since I'm sure they are doing Thanksgiving stuff with her Mom's family on Thanksgiving. Should be fun...need to work on my lists for the menu and grocery shopping!
Old 11-09-2012, 05:18 AM   #375

Good Morning!!
TGIF!!!

Congrats Sweetie on the no grains. I knew you could do it once you were ready. Exercise will also come when you are ready. Just focus on getting that healthy food in you and repairing your body that way.

I'm only up .2 after an Up Day that I stopped counting on.

It just got hard with eating out, Halloween candy, etc..... So I stopped trying. Would not normally recommend this for myself but for once it didn't backfire on me. At least not this morning. Will see what the scale says after today's Down Day.

After so much food yesterday it definetely creates that feeling of "I don't want food" today. I kind of enjoy that but not how I felt last night. blech....

Need to be more careful if I'm going to continue daily rotations at any point after this weekend.

Exercise has been sporadic at best here as well. Hubby and I were supposed to get back to a routine together this weekend but he's sick so I'm not sure what's going to happen.

He did NOT lose the extra weight while gone like we'd hoped. I wish he'd just followed a plan before he left. Would have made things so much easier on him physically while he was gone.

He was supposed to stick to no grains while gone but was also at the whim of what ever they served in the galley so I'm sure he consumed a lot more than he wanted to admit.

Oh well.... He's home now and I'll take care of him and whip him into shape.
Old 11-09-2012, 03:49 PM   #376
Bike Tart

I remember DH coming home from extended time away for Guard and complaining about the food/starches that are served...he has never had a weight issue but he's kind of used to eating lc at home....when he's out he doesn't always eat lc but knows that the stuff they serve in a mess hall isn't always what he should be eating....just wish I had his metabolism! I don't think I've known him to be more than 10 lbs away from his current weight!

Today was pretty good although I did have a few fries with lunch as well as a small serving of baked beans with my chicken wings....DH picked up food to have lunch at Mom's with Stepfather and the choices of sides wasn't much....we know that Stepfather will eat the fries and beans so that's what he got. I had hoped to make a side for me but didn't have time. Oh well.....dinner tonight will be a small steak and a cucumber salad...that should deal with any cravings I might get from the lunch I had.

We have a military retirement dinner to go to tomorrow night and I know I told DH to order the beef dinner but have no clue what sides will be served with it...

We are dealing with a flea problem in the house...the cat brought them in....we've have pets for over 30 years and this is the first time we've ever had fleas! I'm treating it with non toxic stuff...hope it doesn't take too long! Need to get it done before my niece/her DH get here next weekend!
Old 11-10-2012, 05:57 AM   #377

Yup, they had one night where they had like 3 or 4 different kinds of lasagna as the main meal. As if one or two wasn't enough. ugh

I'm down today... Not as much as I'd like after a DD but it was something and I was swollen so I have to be happy.

Today is an UD and I already have it all planned out so there hopefully won't be any surprises.

I have errands to run, housework to catch up on, etc..... Then big projects to work on and groceries tomorrow. Finally Monday will be a family fun day after all the hard work.

I'm not sure if I'll be getting on here through out. I kind of need a net break but also need accountability to keep me on track. We'll see what happens. I know that I'll be staying off FB.

Just going to try to get through this weekend... My next UD will fall on Monday... then on Tuesday's DD I'll just continue right on into the weekly rotations rather than daily. I need a big drop before Thanksgiving pictures to keep me from beating myself up too much.
I've got to run for now. Hope you have a great weekend!!!
Old 11-11-2012, 06:11 AM   #378

And the scale she bounces. I'm back up as expected but almost double what I was expecting.

I guess that's what wine and sugar soda does to ya.

I'll spend today working on housework, couponing, and grocery shopping. I'll also be flushing with lemon water, etc.... to get all the swelling (plus some) off tomorrow hopefully.

Today is a DD..... then during our family fun day tomorrow it'll be my Up Day..... So, I need to decide if I'm going to continue daily rotations or switch to weekly on Tuesday. Weekly will have me lose quicker but I like the freedom of daily. That whole, "If I can't have it today I can have it tomorrow".

Hopefully I'll have it figured out by then.
Old 11-12-2012, 05:18 AM   #379

Good Morning!!

Well, I'm down but not all of the Up Day weight.

I looked at the calendar and noticed that it's time for ovulation and that sometimes messes with the scale.

So "love" being a girl sometimes.

I just need to get through this without going off the rails and hopefully then it'll reward me with all the swelling and stuff gone plus a few extra friends for good measure.
Old 11-12-2012, 12:59 PM   #380
Bike Tart

Had a pretty good weekend....the military dinner was good although I did have a glass of wine and a piece of cake...don't know why I accepted the cake other than all the food was served and I just didn't say no, thanks.

Yesterday we went to a party and I totally didn't eat on plan....lasagna, focaccia, salad, small piece of cake....and a glass of wine...

Today so far is all on plan and will continue to be that way...I'm not going to beat myself up for the slips or less than great choices.

Got my menu planned for our Thanksgiving dinner...keeping it simple and easy. We have a birthday party to go to on Sat. so I won't be able to do as much cooking ahead as I'd like to do. I'm sure my niece will help with all the cooking so it will be a fun day with a kitchen helper!
Old 11-13-2012, 07:45 AM   #381

Being on my current plan has netted me a gain of almost everything I lost while hubby was gone. And I feel crummy....

So it's time to go back to strict Auto Immune Paleo. It's not fun... but I'd rather my weight be down and my body not hurt so much...

I just need to decide if I'll continue with daily rotations or go to weekly and I need to decide by tonight's trip to the grocery store.
Old 11-13-2012, 08:46 AM   #382
Bike Tart

I hope it works for you, Dawn! I'm still working at getting all the way on plan but don't see it really happening as much as I want....I know I need to change how I look at it but right now I'm just doing the best I can do which is better than I was doing.

Going to a chili luncheon today that MIL works at and got us tickets for....DH has to miss it because he had to go to work early today. Will do a few more errands while I'm in town and then hooe I'm not too tired to do chores when I get home....

And can I just say I need to win a lottery so I can get a new computer...this one lags really bad when I type...
Old 11-13-2012, 02:24 PM   #383

Didn't make it to the grocery store. Just feel too crummy.....

Rain isn't helping my already aching body.....
Old 11-14-2012, 04:29 AM   #384

Coming back down... hoping it continues....
Old 11-14-2012, 03:47 PM   #385
Bike Tart

I didn't do well at the chili luncheon....started out good but just lost it...oh well...back on plan all day today.

Not much new going on...chores, cooking, going to Mom's...that seems to always be my day lately.
Old 11-15-2012, 05:01 AM   #386

Morning,

Up a smidge after yesterday's Up Day. BUT.... It's literally only like .2 so what this tells me is that my body was screaming at me to get off the dang grains. I KNOW this but I guess I still keep hoping I can be one of those girls that does rotations eating what ever I want.

Today is a Down Day and it's going to be hard without the grains I normally use to get me through. Like oatmeal that keeps me full half the day. {{sigh}}

So now begins the experimenting to see if Protein, Fat, or Carbs(from veggies) will be what keeps my cals low and the tummy happy.

Hoping for a large drop tomorrow to get me firmly back in the right direction.
Old 11-15-2012, 05:34 AM   #387

Okay,
I forgot to document my current approach to eating.

I've been calling it Primal with Potatoes.

Some people don't eat potatoes and some do. We use potatoes in our house as a "healthy" way to expand meals cheaply. So, for the time being they have to be included.

I won't personally eat them all the time. BUT if they fit within my cals and take care of any cravings I may be having then I'm going to have them.

But my focus is on Meat/Veggie/Very little/to none dairy....

I include lots of starchy high carb veggies because I find this gives me the energy I need to get through my day without caving and eating junk.

Eventually I will lean more towards an Auto Immune version where potatoes, etc will disappear but that will be well after I've established that I'm past the "induction" phase of being clean again.

After I've done that for a while I will slowly start adding back in to see what my body specifically responds to in a negative manner.

I "think" that I handle potatoes, white rice, and clean oatmeal but we won't know for sure until I've done this fully and checked things one by one.

I've known I needed to do this since middle of summer. But I keep putting it off because it isn't exactly fun is it... to turn down birthday cake... or go out to eat and not worry WHAT we're eating.

You would think that feeling good would far outweigh fun eating. But for quite a while it didn't.

Then when I hit a stage where I had to use furniture and walls to walk and was considering canes I knew I needed to go back to my version of clean eating. I KNEW it!!....

But after only a little while I fell right back into the whining and foot stomping, "But I want to eat like normal people"....
That didn't do ANYTHING good for me and after a small reprieve I am right back to being in so much pain I can't walk/sleep/enjoy life......

So.... DUH..... I need to eat what's healthy for me personally and stick to it. It's not worth it to feel like this and I need to remember that when I get to feeling great again and then the "But maybe I can NOW eat like a normal person" starts creeping in.

I also allowed the kids to eat what ever they wanted while family were visiting and after being healthy as horses for most of fall they all of a sudden had their immune systems come crashing down.

I feel totally responsible for this and I'm working like a madwoman to get them well again and keep them that way for the rest of winter.

So that is where we're at....

Currently relosing YET AGAIN.
Trying to get my family healthy again.
Trying to keep us on the right path... For Us!!
And not allowing the rest of the SAD diet to suck us back in again.
Old 11-15-2012, 09:39 AM   #388

Oh and I'm not sure if I mentioned...

But I had to stop the L-Carnitine...

For some reason I guess I'm unable to stomach it like other people.

It helped with cravings BUT it made my stomach hurt.
Old 11-15-2012, 08:11 PM   #389
Bike Tart

I know just how you feel, Dawn....you just want the ease of meal preparation like others have...to just have sandwiches when you don't feel like cooking or maybe just a slice of toast for breakfast....that sort of thing....not really what's considered junk food but something that is more like what most people have. I've been struggling with this for the past year because of how time consuming my Mom's care is....it was easier to make a sandwich or stop at little local restaurants and get a BLT or a wrap....my Aunt has decided to eat vegetarian and never has a problem at these little places when we go. I would have to dissect the food to get what I should eat...most places have food on their menu for vegetarians but food for low carb/primal eaters is sometimes challenging.

But we weren't meant to eat that way....we have to do what's best for our bodies...I do occasionally eat potatoes or sweet potatoes or other higher carb veggies...just need to stay away from bread and pasta. I am always puzzled by low carbers who claim they just lost their taste for bread and pasta....I've been low carbing off and on for 13 years and never lost my taste for anything...I am still easily lured to foods that aren't good for me.

Today was a good food day....I'm still hungry because I forgot to eat dinner and now it's almost bedtime. I just ate a couple of cheddarwurst but need something else...not sure what...guess I'll figure out something while I'm in the kitchen making food for DS's lunch tomorrow....I'm thinking I need a flax pancake or waffle...
Old 11-16-2012, 04:37 AM   #390

today....

even after a very clean Down Day I'm up....
and my body feels weird... Like maybe I'm not ovulating but getting ready to have TOM again.... I guess we'll see what happens....

I will NOT let this derail me... Though I did have a moment of

"If the only way I can lose weight is to not be able to walk and be in pain"....."Then maybe I can hurt while I lose the weight then maintain while feeling/eating better".

Weird way to think about it I know... But gosh I'm desperate and sooooo soooo tired.

I just don't even have it in me to fake it till I make it today..... No smiling on the outside while I break on the inside....

I just can't......