Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2012, 07:08 AM   #331
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: DarkSiren
WOE: What Ever it Takes!!!!
Start Date: Recommited January 2014
Good Morning,

I was right about TOM trying to play havoc with me. That visit was officially over yesterday and today the scale was very very nice to me.

He took not only the gain but a little more out the door with him.

So for the first 10lb goal:

-5lbs down

and

5lbs to go
DarkSiren is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-13-2012, 11:53 AM   #332

Happy Saturday!!

Busy day so just popping in to say:

Workouts done...

Kettlebells and Spin Bike

Another pound down for:

-6lbs down

and

4lbs to go till first 10lb goal

Now I'm off to get back to work again.
Old 10-14-2012, 06:00 AM   #333

Happy Sunday!!

Down a smidge more. Would have been more but wasn't feeling well last night so I had some crackers late to calm my stomach. Sodium was enough to swell me this morning.

So, considering that, I'm ecstatic that it went down at all this morning. It could very well have gone up.

To first 10lb Goal:

-6.2lbs down

and

3.8lbs to go

At the current rate I should meet my first goal by the time my family gets here at the end of next week.
I hope to exceed that by then but I won't be too greedy.

I'm still dividing my goals up into small increments to keep from getting overwhelmed but as of right now my bigger goal that I have for when DH gets home is about... 20lbs away.

I'm not sure I can do that in 3wks but I'm willing to give it my all.

I completely understand that things will slow down at that point. All the water weight and initial regular weight that my body is ready to get rid of will be gone and then I'll be back to the 1 to 3lbs a week like before. And I'll be completely happy with that.

I will not allow my "Want it done yesterday" mentality derail me again.

I also am not so hung up on pounds on a scale that I wouldn't be happy with getting into smaller sizes. I was able to put on my pants from before my surgery (that set all this in motion last year). I have a muffin top but if I hid that with the right shirt I could wear them out and still be able to sit and breathe.

I've upped the intensity of my kettle bell workouts and spin bike. I hope to get out more for regular walking/jogging when my family gets here. Then it'll be easier for early morning workouts.

Also I've asked that any Christmas presents this year be strictly help towards a membership at the Y! so that we can go swimming, running, biking, take classes, etc..... as an active family together.

Guess that's pretty much it... Gotta run and get to my chores for the day.
Laterz!!!
Old 10-15-2012, 08:22 AM   #334

Good Morning!!

Up half a pound today but I know why and will make the corrections today.

Only a couple more days till family gets here and really really trying to make it into the next set of numbers before then. Or at least close to it in order to keep me on track for when hubby gets here.

I have plans for a quick getaway with the hubby when he gets back and I really want to be feeling good from my accomplishments instead of down on myself because I didn't make a goal.
Old 10-16-2012, 05:33 AM   #335

Good Morning,

Lost that half a pound plus a smidge more.

So now I'm

-7lbs down

and

3lbs to go till first 10lb goal

It's only taken 3wks as of tomorrow.

Oh well at least it's going in the right direction.

On the current "schedule" I should make my lowest ever in the last 2.5yrs(pre-surgery) by the time hubby and I go out for our mini honeymoon.

Old 10-16-2012, 10:34 AM   #336
Bike Tart

Gallery: mamagiff
WOE: general low carb
Dawn, you are doing fantastic!!! I wanna be like you when I grow up!

We had a fabulous weekend with the kids and grandkids! I still can't believe we have Kayli back in our lives...she is such a delightful person! And Ruth is a hoot! We laughed so much with her...wish I had half her energy!

We have had to get a hospital bed for Mom...put it in the livingroom and got rid of her horrible couch! We also got rid of her recliner and another chair....Stepfather is having a hard time accepting Mom's decline but is more accepting finally of me hiring someone to come in and change Mom several times a day rather than us trying to do it now that she's basically bedridden...we just need someone that is more trained to do this and Mom has the money for it. We need to make things easier for all of us!

As for me, still trying to find a way to make this all work...the key is to be prepared which lately has been super difficult. I need to make food ahead to take with me to Mom's because sometimes I'm there for hours (yesterday was 9:30 a.m. till 7 p.m.) and they don't have food in the house that I can eat and I don't always have a chance to get away to get something...

We gladly feast on those who would subdue us! - Addams Family Creed

My Facebook
mamagiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 11:38 AM   #337

Well, as we both know it took a LOT of bumps in the road to get as committed as I am now.

And to figure out what works for my body these days and what doesn't.

Glad you're getting the steps done to help your Mom.

Really happy that you got the trip with your family and that it was so awesome!!
Diet wise: Often planning is the key or you could try JUDDD and then all you'd have to worry about is calories each day. No worries about what "kind" of food you're eating. See if that works for you.

I know that even those that don't lose right away feel a huge reduction in inflammation almost immediately. Something that you deal with if I'm remembering correctly...

Just doing that for a bit to take advantage of the good side affects and being able to get back into a routine may be worth it to try it out for a few weeks.

It's not what I'm doing right this minute but I always go back to it when I need a break from the diet mentality.

Last edited by DarkSiren; 10-16-2012 at 11:39 AM..
Old 10-17-2012, 06:10 AM   #338

Good Morning!!

I can't believe my family is going to be here tomorrow.

I am soooo not ready!!

I'm up today but I know why and will make the adjustments.

I had hoped to make my first 10lb goal by the time they got here but I think I'll make it by the end of the week and that's just as good.

At least at this point I know what works, what doesn't, and when to make adjustments.

I know that I'll be feeling diet fatigue by the time hubby gets here so when he does I'll be switching back over to regular JUDDD.

Hoping to continue with a 2 to 3lb loss each week with it until the end of the year.

If I do I will make it to one of my ultimate goals by New Years!!
Old 10-17-2012, 08:45 PM   #339
Bike Tart

Have fun with your family, Dawn!

Another long day for me....I'm exhausted from all of it and haven't gotten anything done again today....I'm going to hire my son to clean for me....he does a lot of stuff around here but I will pay him to do my chores (other than cooking)....I just can't do the chores myself right now and he needs the money.

I need to download pics from my camera and get some posted....miss my granddaughters so much already...
Old 10-18-2012, 05:42 AM   #340

I say if you've got the money to pay him and he's willing to do it, "Here's the To Do List" and he can come do mine too.

I am down what I was up yesterday plus some.

It was actually kind of a surprise really....

-9lbs down

and

1lb to go till first 10lb goal

after that will be another 10lb goal which will get me back to 100lbs off. That's hard to admit but there it is....

I'm just ecstatic that I'm FINALLY getting back there after flirting with the possibilities for the last year and a half.

Just hoping and I can continue right on past that so I can have a good Thanksgiving picture update this year.
Old 10-18-2012, 11:10 PM   #341
Bike Tart

Congrats, Dawn!

Another long day here....I think that my Mom is declining fast and it could be that she will pass soon.....today she seemed different when I was there and it wasn't in a good way. It makes me sad but also I'm hoping that if the end is near that it comes soon so she doesn't have to suffer with this condition anymore. It's been so hard on my Stepfather and on Mom....breaks my heart...

I don't know if you saw it or not but my oldest son wrote the nicest thing to me on FB.....I'm so lucky to have such wonderful sons....my youngest son/DIL sent us an anniversary card with gift cards to Applebee's! Our anniversary is Sunday and we really aren't planning to do much this year....just hope Mom hangs on past then...
Old 10-19-2012, 05:50 AM   #342

I'm so sorry about your Mom sweetie. I hope when it's time it's quick and painless for her.

I didn't see what your son wrote so I'll have to go check that out.

My parents made it safe and sound and I was rewarded with meeting my first 10lb goal this morning.

Next up back to my 100lbs off weight.

10lbs to go

It's really nice seeing that it's only 10lbs till then though because at one point my "recent" highest had me 25lbs away.....

Just glad to be doing so much better. And believe it or not having my family here will continue to keep me going because I always try to set a good example for them so I'll be extra good while they're here. Which works in my favor.
Old 10-20-2012, 05:04 AM   #343

Happy Saturday!!

Big weekend planned but somewhere in there I really need a break.

First 10lb Goal Met 10/19/2012

Working on second 10lb Goal.

-1lb down

and

9lbs to go
Old 10-20-2012, 08:29 AM   #344
Bike Tart

Congrats, Dawn!!! Enjoy your family time!

I'm spending the day today cleaning/organizing with DS's help....have a roast in the crockpot for dinner and plan to make something with ground beef for lunch...not sure what yet...

Yesterday was one year since my last TOM....I'm claiming menopause!!! Finally!!!
Old 10-21-2012, 04:41 AM   #345

Happy Sunday!!!

Family time has been fun but interesting.
I am so happy that you can claim Menopause.
I hope it's a smooth one for ya.

For me I'm in the middle of ovulation which means a jump on the scale this morning. Wasn't unexpected and I'm also swollen so no biggie. I'll make the adjustments today and hope to be down that plus some tomorrow.

Now I'm off to take care of morning chores and get ready to watch the kids have a game day with the Grandparents.
Old 10-21-2012, 08:50 AM   #346
Bike Tart

Happy Sunday!

We are not doing a whole lot today....football, Wii games, catching up on recorded shows or movies tonight...

Since it's our anniversary today we are having our traditional spaghetti lunch...DH's treat today will be pizza for dinner....nowhere near any kind of plan for me but since I've not been on the wagon for a while, I figure one more day isn't going to kill me....

My brother is coming to town for the day on Tuesday...he hasn't seen Mom since July so I know it's going to be a hard day for him and probably for me, too...we'll hang out at Mom's house all day till it's time for him to catch his evening flight home...maybe I'll make some chili in the crockpot for dinner before he leaves...my Aunt will stay at Mom's so my brother and I can go for a quick lunch.
Old 10-21-2012, 06:06 PM   #347

I binged today.

I could blame it on any number of things but I think the underlying issue was being so tired that even coffee wasn't cutting it.

I kept trying to eat to "pick up my energy". Didn't work out the way I was hoping.

I need to get back on that wagon and be super super strict from here on out. Hubby will be home in a little less than 2wks and I really want to make it to my goal by then. Not taking steps backward.
Old 10-22-2012, 04:32 AM   #348

Well, I paid for that binge to the tune of +3.5lbs.

I expected it and I know it's water weight but that doesn't make me feel any better of course.

Tightening the reigns today.
Old 10-22-2012, 06:58 AM   #349
Bike Tart

Well, we're not doing that again....spaghetti and pizza in one day is just ridiculous! Blech! I need to remember that in the future!

We had a good day yesterday...mostly relaxing...I didn't over eat but the food choices made me feel like crap...we'll stick with the spaghetti for our anniversary but no more pizza!

Have to go to Mom's today and then have my meeting with the funeral home for preplanning...DS is going with me for that....have to go to the grocery store to get stuff to make chili for tomorrow...

Tomorrow I'll be at Mom's from about 9 a.m. till about 7 p.m. or so...it's going to be a long day! Will be bringing the laptop along for when my brother is in with Mom...

DH and I are going to play some Wii in a few minutes so I'm off....
Old 10-22-2012, 08:37 AM   #350

Wow, makes my tummy hurt just reading that. I don't think I could do spaghetti and pizza in one day. Knowing me I'd probably try since I love both but I'd really pay for it.

Hope the visit goes as well as possible tomorrow. And just lots and lots of for everything else you're dealing with.
Old 10-23-2012, 04:47 AM   #351

Good Morning!!

Well, I'm down 1.5lbs and only 1 more to go to get back to where I was before the binge.

That's even with me swollen this morning with sausage fingers. So I fully expect to be down that plus more tomorrow.

So, an Up Day followed by a Binge Day set me back 2 days on the scale. I'm hoping I've learned my lesson.
Old 10-24-2012, 12:29 AM   #352
Bike Tart

Waving hi! Really long day today! My sister ended up coming, too, so we had a houseful at Mom's....they got all caught up on all that's been going on....

Food was ok....never all the way on plan but I tried to at least keep portion sizes smallish...didn't always succeed but I'll just have to work harder later....too tired to do more than that now...
Old 10-24-2012, 04:45 AM   #353

Ms.Linda!!

I'm still up and still swollen. Ate more salty things than I planned yesterday so didn't have the loss I was hoping for today.

Maybe tomorrow will be better. I'll push the liquids and watch the sodium better. It's so hard when you have things planned out then company brings home something with salty salty bacon/sausage/cheese etc......

Oh well... I know what to do so I will be making the adjustments and moving forward and hopefully downward.

I have 1wk and a few days before the hubby gets here and although it seems like a pipe dream I still hope to meet my major goal(pre-surgery weight) before he does.

He had to take his dinner jacket for graduation in to be tailored because he was swimming in it. So it should be interesting to see what he looks like.
Old 10-25-2012, 04:51 AM   #354

Good Morning!!

Still up this morning but it's gradually coming back down. If I do what I think I'll do.... tomorrow I'll have all the rest of the extra back off plus a smidge more.

Just have to eat clean and low today.

1wk and 2 days left before DH is home....

Exactly 2wks from today before my coffee date with a friend.
Old 10-25-2012, 07:38 AM   #355
Bike Tart

I'm staying home today unless I get a call from Stepfather or Hospice...I need to get things done around here....after a long, stressful day at Mom's it's even more stressful to come home to house that looks like a bomb went off. DS did a lot of cleaning in the kitchen last night and I'm going to finish it today...going to clean the guest bedroom (which has become the dumping ground) and get my rebounder moved back there so I can have room in the livingroom to set up the indoor bike...both bathrooms need a good cleaning, too....obviously it won't all get done today but I'm hoping to hire DS to help me get it done by the end of the month...need to start getting Christmas trees ready to set up...

Talked with DH last night and told him I am going to do my best to get back on plan in a few days...still too much going on to get serious...need to get food/menus prepared first and need to get the house cleaned and the bike set up...
Old 10-26-2012, 05:20 AM   #356

Happy Friday!!

Hope you got some of the cleaning caught up sweetie!!

I've cancelled lessons for today so that we can get prepared for the storm coming through. We're directly in it's path no matter where landfall is projected. Gotta luv living on the coast sometimes.

In spite of the stress the scale is holding steady so I guess that's good. I think I'm finally hitting the slow down on the scale. I really had hoped it would hold off for one more week so that I could make my ultimate (pre-surgery) goal by the time my hubby got back. That would have put my average rate of loss at 5lbs a week. Not too shabby.

I'll tweak a few things and see if it helps. But not too much. Things have been working out so great so far that I don't want to tweak myself into a complete stall.
Old 10-26-2012, 09:07 AM   #357
Bike Tart

Stay safe in the storm!

Heading to Mom's with some soup for lunch...DH is meeting me there to have lunch...he has the day off today although I won't be home much....I have book club tonight....that will be a nice evening out! And then a date with DH and the hot tub....I'm just loving being in there late at night with the cold air and hot water...
Old 10-27-2012, 05:46 AM   #358

Happy Saturday!!

Well, the storm isn't starting as early as they had predicted. Rain and winds were supposed to start at 1am this morning and it still hasn't at almost 9am..... New time is around lunch.... but I'll believe it when I see it....

I'm still up on that scale at the same exact weight for like the 3rd or 4th day in a row. So, it's now time to shake things up. Not sure "how" but I'll have a decision by the end of the day.

I do know that I've had wayyyy too much sodium lately so first things first is lemon water and lower sodium while I decide where to go from there.

Maybe being a little more strict with my calorie allotment..... I know I'd started experiencing calorie creep like some experience carb creep so I'll tighten those reigns up today as well and see how everything looks in the morning.

In the mean time I'll think about what to do next should this not work.
Old 10-28-2012, 07:28 AM   #359

Gotta luv reactions to stress..... {{sigh}}

Ate my way up a few pounds.

I know it's water weight and I'm now doing damage control but jeez.....

TOM is also due in about a week I think so if I don't get this off plus some soon then I'm out of luck until it's out the door again.

Time to tighten the reigns quite a bit and deal with the stress some other way.

Maybe lots of sleep??!!
Old 10-29-2012, 06:23 AM   #360

Happy Monday!!

Scale slowly moving back down. Just a couple more pounds and I'll be back to my current low.

Hate that I'm having to re-lose but it is what it is.

I can be thankful that I didn't let things completely derail me for weeks instead of a couple days.

Storm isn't nearly as bad as expected for us.

Going to hit mostly north of us so that's good for us
and bad for NY/PA areas.
for them.....

Other than that.... DH graduates on Friday night and heads home on Saturday. I'm so excited I can't stand myself.

I have an appointment with the headache doc in the morning to go over my Vit D and Vit B levels. I've only had one migraine since the summer so I think things are moving right along.