Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2012, 05:09 PM   #301
Bike Tart

Gallery: mamagiff
WOE: general low carb
Well, Mom wasn't quite as bad today but she still wasn't happy with the bathing and changing....still waiting on the ok to get the dr. appt.

My Aunt and I went to meet my sister for lunch and shopping today....my sister is going to alter some house dress type clothes for Mom so that they are back closing and easier to put on Mom. It was a fun afternoon!

Glad you're being referred to other drs. to get help for your problems...hope they will help! And glad to hear your Mom's check up is all clear!

Have to get ready for camping this weekend in between all the stuff for Mom and on Thursday I have a surprise birthday party to go to...

We gladly feast on those who would subdue us! - Addams Family Creed

My Facebook
mamagiff is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-26-2012, 08:27 AM   #302
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: DarkSiren
WOE: What Ever it Takes!!!!
Start Date: Recommited January 2014
Sounds like a fun busy week/weekend ahead for you.
Hope it's goes great!!

Doing pretty good here. They got one of my procedures scheduled very quickly. Didn't expect to get in before the end of next month and it's actually on Friday.

Scale is up but I did some comfort eating... Lots of salty foods... So not exactly surprised. Making up for it with my DD today. I'm doing regular rotations this week till hubby leaves. That way I can enjoy a dinner out on Saturday and not be stressing about food his last night here.

Then next Monday I'll go back to the weekly rotations until my parents get here. I'll decide what to do after that. I'm hoping to have the extra 10lbs plus a few more off by then.

Since I lose better when DH isn't here I'm sure I'll continue losing until he gets back home. I'm going to work the heck out of my programs and try to be at a completely new low by the time he gets here. It's doable as long as I'm strict with myself.

Time to get serious so that I'm not panicking when the holidays get here and I'm still the same weight as last year.
DarkSiren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 04:42 AM   #303

Good Morning!!

Doing good here. Still tons to get done before the weekend and starting to think we aren't going to make it.

Scale is down after a really good DD.

I've decided that I'll chart here. Not actual weights since I don't like putting those "out in the world" but my pluses and minuses each day until I get to the 10lbs off that I need. If I see it here in black and white each morning it may help me to stay motivated.

so,
9/26 = The start of losing 10lbs
9/27 = -1.4 after DD
Old 09-28-2012, 05:00 AM   #304

Good Morning!!

Hope you managed to get everything ready for your camping trip.

Doing good here. Have one of my procedures today so I'm a bit nervous about that.

Today is a DD so that works out for me. And I will be very happy for my UD tomorrow after my fasting blood work in the morning.

9/26 = 10lbs till first goal
9/27 = -1.4 after DD
9/28 = +1.2 after UD (9.8 left till first goal)
Old 09-29-2012, 06:14 AM   #305

Have some blood work then I'll be stopping off and starting my day with some really good coffee as a reward for full fasting.

9/27 = -1.4 after DD
9/29 = -1.2 after DD (yup getting really good at maintaining already )
Old 09-30-2012, 05:33 AM   #306

Happy Sunday!!

Just saw the hubby off... Now to get ready for family coming up.

9/27 = -1.4 after DD
9/29 = -1.2 after DD (yup getting really good at maintaining already )
9/29 = +2 after UD (10.6 till first goal )

I was perfect on calories. In fact I was short by the end of the day and had to add a few extra in to make my goal. Unfortunately the sodium was too high and the potassium too low. So, I'm holding a ton of fluid today. Fingers feel like sausages.

Today is the final DD of this week and then tomorrow I go back to the weekly rotation diet so that I can hopefully get through 2 cycles before hubby gets home. If I do this right I'm hoping to have at least 20lbs off before he gets here.

I'll also be adding back in Kettlebells, walking, spin bike, and anything else I feel like doing. Especially once my family gets here and I can take walks when ever I want to because someone will be able to sit with the kids.

I'm really going to kill this thing so that when he gets back I'm looking much better.

Not only have I been fighting the weight that I'd regained but I'd also lost some muscle tone. So, even though I am not a huge amount higher than my lowest ever (in the last two years) my body looks like I've gained triple that.

Time to kick this thing into high gear!!!
Old 09-30-2012, 02:41 PM   #307

Evening!!

I'm here again because I'm fighting the panic that sets in when I set a goal/plan for myself that requires absolute perfection on my part.

Straying even a tiny bit from plan will result in not reaching my goal by the time hubby gets back.

It's only a few weeks out of my life. There is absolutely NO REASON why I can't do this.

And yet I'm in panic mode right now.....

Doubting myself... Questioning the "rightness" of the path I've chosen.

Wondering if combining 3 different plans will backfire.

I can do this!!

I will do this!!!

If I stick to my guns I "should" be at least 10lbs BELOW my LOWEST I've been in the last 2yrs. So an absolute NEW LOW!!
I think I can.... I think I can... I think I can...

I know I can....

I I can!!!
Old 09-30-2012, 03:22 PM   #308
Bike Tart

We're home! Can we just not talk about how poorly I did with food? I was not prepared at all and just ate crap all weekend....I'll be paying for it, I'm sure....I just didn't have time to do everything that needed to be done before we left.

I am hoping that since things are going better with Mom now I will be able to get my head together and get back on plan and make some progress...I feel like crap, I'm puffy, sore and just overall miserable...
Old 10-01-2012, 10:47 AM   #309

Rough start to the week....

Haven't eaten anything yet today so I guess that's good.

We ended up with a bug infestation that I found at 5am while trying to get the trash out for trash day.

Took me 5hrs to deal with that......

Then I found out that there was a Peanut Butter/Almond Butter/Cashew Butter recall which affected us to the tune of 4 jars. 2 brand new and 2 opened.

Then I paid the bills and realized just how much of a chunk his uniforms and clothes took out of this pay. Don't have money for groceries now and not really sure what to do.

We have plenty of food... It's just the little nit picky stuff that we're out of...

Then I went upstairs to check my son's window to make sure there was no water coming in from my spraying down the back of the house... Only to find that the frame around the window is rotting out. Don't know what to do about that other than duh we have to replace stuff. But no money to do it and no idea where to start.

Can I please just crawl into a hole and hibernate for the next 2 months??
Old 10-01-2012, 01:22 PM   #310
Bike Tart

I can say from experience that in 20 years it won't seem so bad! That's not helpful now but you'll get through it somehow....I always did...just have to be creative....
Old 10-02-2012, 04:44 AM   #311

Oh I know about being creative.

I know I'm strong enough to get through this. We weren't even together for half a year at a time in the beginning. But back then I had my family as back up, I didn't have two kids to worry about, and when things broke in the house I just called the military housing guys to fix it. Half the time I fixed it myself rather than do that though because I didn't like strangers traipsing through our house. So, I KNOW I can do this. But at the same time....... It's been so long since I've HAD to do it that it freaks me out a bit.

My parents will be here in a few weeks so I just keeping telling myself I can make it till then. Of course the first 24hrs really tested my resolve on that.

I didn't get around to my workout yesterday but I'm not too worried. The jobs I had to take care of around the house were so physically taxing that I'm sore like I lifted weights for an hour. I can barely move. Kids keep laughing at me every time I moan and groan.

Eating was pretty good. I basically was so busy I didn't eat until dinner and then I had some chicken burgers with my daughter.

Weight isn't going anywhere just yet but I woke up swollen so those burgers were probably full of sodium. Plus the muscles are probably full of water from being worked so hard. PLUS I'm due for TOM by the end of this week.

So, I'm just going to do my plan and hope that my plan will do for me.

Last edited by DarkSiren; 10-02-2012 at 04:48 AM..
Old 10-02-2012, 06:58 AM   #312
Bike Tart

I was always baffled when I'd hear that women are the "weaker sex" because we're always the ones that have to keep things together at home....with kids....usually with very little help! We are the strong ones! All the years of taking care of things on my own showed me that!

No plans for the day...yet! I should do some cleaning and cooking...that's neverending around here!
Old 10-03-2012, 04:53 AM   #313

Good Morning!!

Had another rough night... Totally my fault this time.
Too much bleach, not enough ventilation. Nuff Said.

Kids and I had to all sleep downstairs to be out of the smell. Of course this was after I'd aired out the house for 2hrs.

Good news is I woke to a loss..... So, I'm continuing down towards that first 10lb goal.
2lbs down and 8 more to go.

I got my latest test results and the Total Cholesterol is awesome but my LDL is a smidge high so I'm waiting for my doctor to do the usual.

No worries... I know what to do.....

Need to up my exercise and get the good cholesterol higher. Not that I believe in all that hullabaloo but they do so I will try to accommodate as much as I can and then after that they'll have to show me on other tests how it's "bad" for me to have those numbers.

I actually recently read where women should have one of the numbers HIGHER to prevent heart disease(totally the opposite of what most doctors over here are taught).

It was a study done overseas. I just can't remember where I read it. Dang it.... I'm hoping I have it bookmarked somewhere so that I can back up my responses later.

Would you like a copy of that link later if I find it??

Anyway, gotta run.... Miles to go and not enough time to get there.
Old 10-03-2012, 05:54 AM   #314

I found the article/podcast about the study and basically in talking about total cholesterol for Women specifically....

Conventional Wisdom states that anything above 200 is bad but the study showed that in women a low cholesterol is linked to a higher risk of heart disease.

Okay so the numbers are:
Anything below 195 bad for women
Anything above, even above 270 in the study and they had a lower risk of heart disease

For Men though it's not so cut and dry:
Below 195 is bad(the same)
but above 230 is bad as well
It's best if they fall somewhere in the middle, their sweet spot so to speak.

I don't have a link to the actual study just yet but I'm going to try to find it and print it out because the hubby is having some issues in this area as well.
Old 10-04-2012, 05:08 AM   #315

Good Morning!!!

I am soooo glad this week is almost over!!!

Same on the scale today so still -2lbs and 8lbs to go.

A little over a week before family gets here. I'm both excited and dreading it.

I like the visits but the uprooting of our daily schedule is nerve wracking for me. It's hard enough keeping the kids on task but add a set of grandparents and I might as well give up.

Thankfully though with a little magic they are going to have their own room this time instead of a pull out in the living room. This will make things MUCH easier with keeping my downstairs more "normal". As normal as we get anyway.

Other than that.... I'm still trying to get through household stuff that needs to be done before they get here. I'm the main magician so it falls on me to create that magic.

I'm still not quite on the exercise bandwagon. I was so sore Tuesday from Monday's household crisis. Then Wednesday I just was exhausted from the Tuesday drama.

I'm hopeful that today will just be a normal day with lessons, housework, and workouts. More than anything I want to get my muscle back and start firming up what I do have.

I feel sooooo blobby these days..... blech.....
Old 10-04-2012, 10:41 AM   #316
Bike Tart

Just a quick hi for now...heading to class in about 10 minutes...things are going well with Mom so far....she seems to be a bit calmer for now...still gives the CNA some trouble with changing but not as bad.

Food has been ok...not great but not horrible...I just haven't had time to prepare.

Will post more later....I feel blobby, too.... I always say I feel like a Puffalump....
Old 10-05-2012, 05:06 AM   #317

Glad things seem to be going better with your Mom.
Hope you get to a routine with her that will allow you some, you time.

Had another scale drop today.
Down 3.8lbs
Just 6.2lbs more to go

Almost halfway to that first goal.

I'm finding right now I just need to focus on the small stuff. The first 10lbs will get me back to my previous weigh in at the doc's office as well as right around what I weighed last Thanksgiving.

The next 10lbs will put me at my low for 2012.

Then the next 5lbs will put me back where I was before my hernia surgery set everything off course (July 2011). I almost wish I hadn't done it.

After that I'll be working on my goal for the holidays so I can do my new updated photo that I promised everyone for accountability.

It's funny how putting yourself out there like that can spur you on to action.

Just going to chop at it bit by bit.

Last edited by DarkSiren; 10-05-2012 at 05:09 AM..
Old 10-06-2012, 05:24 AM   #318

Morning,

down 4lbs
6lbs to go

Slowly but surely. That will mean a 2lb a week average(unless I drop more before the end of the week)

TOM is here so I don't really expect much from the scale for this coming week.

But we'll see. I've been surprised before. I'd dearly love to get into the next set of numbers before my family gets here.

Had a really rough roller coaster week.

Hoping this coming one will be much better.
Old 10-06-2012, 10:27 AM   #319
Bike Tart

Another really busy few days....my brain is fried from all the stuff to do and keep track of but with the added help of the CNA I'm feeling better about what I have to do...I'm so much better at taking care of the paperwork end of things than the "nurse" type things although yesterday I did have to change Mom while I was there. She was mostly cooperative so that was good!

My Aunt has been getting massages that are called Trager Method and just loves them...asked her to get the info for me so I can go and see if it will help me relax.

I've been thinking that I am going to have to change how I buy groceries....I always buy too much produce and end up tossing some of it. I'm not the person that buys chips, candy, etc....my impulse items are produce. I never seem to have a good plan for it and I end up not using it sometimes...that has to stop. I am going to work on better food planning as well as upping my good fats and keeping carbs low and protein moderate. I have been eating without planning...not all bad food but certainly not the best. Today I'm going to go through the cabinets and get some food made so I can use up what I have on hand and then make a good plan for the coming week.

Yesterday I finally got on the rebounder and bounced for 5 minutes and then I did my stretchy band exercises from the PT for my legs. It wasn't a lot but it's a start to working back up to a decent level of fitness!
Old 10-07-2012, 05:50 AM   #320

So happy that you finally got some exercise. Every little bit counts and adds up. Glad you're mother was a bit more cooperative last visit. Hope the massage helps out some with the tension.

I hear ya about veggies. Everything looks really good in the store then when I get home I find I'm not in the mood or something else gets cooked instead. So I end up tossing 1/3 to 1/2 each and every week.

Storm is rolling through so I'm hurting deep today.
I think a long soak in the tub is in my future.

As of this morning:

-4.5lbs down

5.5lbs to go till the first 10lb goal

Made some Honey Mustard Wings for myself when I made the kids hot wings last night. I will probably be munching on my left overs all day.

I doubt I will be exercising but stranger things have been known to happen.

Since we're having the storm today will mostly be about light housework, relaxing, and getting my grocery list ready for the first non-rainy day we have this coming week.

Hopefully soon since it's getting interesting around here.
Old 10-07-2012, 09:00 AM   #321
Bike Tart

I'm glad the scale is going in the right direction for you! How do you make the honey mustard wings? That sounds so good!

I'm got sloppy joe stuff in the crock pot...DS's request (and using up stuff in the house before I go to the store again!)

Had a late night out last night to see BIL's band....DH suggested we eat at the bar where I was prepared to order a burger/no bun....got there and found out the kitchen at the bar closes at 9 pm....we got there at 8:50! The waitress also told us that the price of drinks goes up when the band starts playing so we didn't drink! All in my favor diet-wise but I was starving when we got home!
Old 10-07-2012, 09:47 AM   #322

Hey,

I posted the wing's recipe link on FB.
She has 3 different recipes.

I did the spicy one for the kiddos.

I wanted the Parmesan but I was missing some of the ingredients so I made the honey mustard.

It actually calls for Dijon but all I had was regular. It was still really really good so no problems there.

I'll probably make the Parmesan version when my parents get here.

I did find out one thing though. Each recipe calls for 1lb of wings and my kids could have eaten that 1lb each. Next time I'll double the recipe for them.

It was only different for me because since I'm doing such low cals I was happy with only a couple wings. Which gave me left overs for today.

I think if I were to do it for the whole family I would probably count on a pound per person and 2lbs per person if I want left overs.
Old 10-08-2012, 05:42 AM   #323

Happy Monday!!

Had a rough start to my morning. Thought my email had been hacked. Seems to be okay now but jeez... what a fun couple hours.

Weight is the same today. Considering I took an Up Day yesterday to deal with TOM cravings this is a good thing.

Technically this would be Week 2 of my weekly rotation plan. This is where I will be going off course a little. I'll be doing Up Day/Down Day rotations but with a lower calorie threshold to continue my loss instead of maintaining for the week.
Old 10-08-2012, 07:18 PM   #324
Bike Tart

Another busy day here....hair appt., cooking, Mom's house, more cooking....tons of stuff to get done here but no more energy...I have to finish the chicken recipe in the crockpot and get it in the fridge in a few minutes, empty/reload the dishwasher and maybe a couple more things tonight....

Forgot to make the campsite reservations at Disney World today....going there next June with DH, DS1, DS2/family and DS2's in-laws (if all goes well with Mom).

I'm having a really hard time caring about food, exercise, etc. today. I know this will pass but I hate when I feel this way. Difficult emotional day today....

Hot tub time with DH tonight when he gets home from work will help a lot!

I'll go find the link to the wing recipes....thanks!
Old 10-08-2012, 07:19 PM   #325
Bike Tart

Duh! I clicked like on your link for the wings on FB.....guess I forgot to save the link!
Old 10-09-2012, 05:41 AM   #326

Weight up today but woke up very very swollen. TOM is almost out the door so I'm assuming it's trying one last time to sabotage me.

Lots of water flushing and watching what I eat very closely today. Which isn't hard since I have no food in the house.

Well, I have enough for the kids to be taken care of. I just don't have much for me right now. Need to do a grocery run but the weather has been yucky and I don't want to go shopping in it.

Hopefully this afternoon or tomorrow at the latest.
Old 10-10-2012, 06:59 AM   #327
Bike Tart

getting ready to go to Mom's....more later!
Old 10-10-2012, 10:13 AM   #328

Finally have groceries....

Up again on the scale today and honestly at this point I don't know why. TOM is still hanging on but is at the point where it can't be that.

Did wake up swollen but that shouldn't make much difference on the scale since I was swollen yesterday too.

I also didn't eat very much.... so again... there's really no reason.

Just another day otherwise.... Low calories as per usual.

Family has postponed coming up by a few days so that gives me extra time I suppose. But I'm so tired of dealing with the drama around here that I really could use the adult company.

Oh well... Onward...... and hopefully Downward.....
Old 10-10-2012, 08:01 PM   #329
Bike Tart

Well, I fell (ok, jumped!) off the wagon today....went out to lunch with my Aunt after being at Mom's for several hours. Then I came home and did a couple of chores before making dinner...I think that's when the wagon ran over me and kept going without me....not a good food day!

Have to get packed tonight for trip to see Baby Ruth....tomorrow I have to go to Mom's in the morning, last caregiver class in the afternoon and a surprise birthday party in the evening...it's for my friend that I met when we were 13 yrs. old....can't miss that one!
Old 10-11-2012, 05:22 AM   #330

We must have both had a rough time with that wagon yesterday.

I ate more cals than I should have and lots of salty things. I'm so swollen today that everything hurts.

But amazingly enough of the 3lbs I had gained over the previous two days I'm back down 1.5lbs. So, I'm hoping if I flush like crazy today and stick to my plan that I'll be down that plus a little more tomorrow.

So, officially for my first 10lb goal:
-3lbs down
and
7lbs to go

I'm hoping in the next week to make that, plus more. If I can stick to it with no deviations I should be golden.

Especially now that TOM is done and I'm back to my good losing time.

I was fighting TOM so hard just to keep from gaining everything back and having to start over yet again. So, I think I accomplished that.