Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2012, 02:39 PM   #271
Bike Tart

Gallery: mamagiff
WOE: general low carb
Hang in there, Dawn!

Went to an open house where DS works....tour, picnic, etc. The food was good and I was able to make a salad with all the burger toppings...good lunch!

Have a friend and her sister coming to stay the night tonight...should be a fun evening.

DH is feeling about the same....I'm hanging in there...
mamagiff is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-09-2012, 07:12 AM   #272
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: DarkSiren
WOE: What Ever it Takes!!!!
Start Date: Recommited January 2014
Hope you and the hubby are improving. Glad you were able to stick to plan at the picnic and hope you had a fun night with your friends.

On a down bounce... So basically maintaining for the moment.

TOM is here so as suspected the up bounce, etc was all part of that.

Let's hope it goes with TONS extra later.

My hubby is a smidge better than yesterday but still feeling punky. Now I'm not feeling so hot myself so it's got me wondering if it's a virus. I sure hope not and I'm just dealing with beginning TOM stuff.

Other than that... Not much else going on... Still 100% primal and "trying" to get my cals under control again... but I'm naturally keeping it around 1200... I'd really love to do the weekly rotations but if I can't get it any lower I don't see that happening. {{sigh}}....

I'll just keeping trying... not much else I can do.
DarkSiren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 06:37 AM   #273

Good Morning!!

Sometimes we have good Mondays here...and today seems to be one of those good ones.... knock on wood.

Holding steady on the scale still. I'm AWESOME at maintaining.

Too bad that's not what I want...

Still dealing with TOM.... Still doing Primal 100%...... Hubby is feeling much better this morning..... Kids are working hard already and not complaining too much.... So overall a good day.

Now to just get my booty moving on some chores I need to get done by the end of the morning.
Old 09-10-2012, 07:30 AM   #274
Bike Tart

Late start today...was up in the middle of the night for a while...just couldn't sleep....then finally got back to bed at 4 a.m. and slept several hours.

Had a great time with my friends! Don't see them nearly often enough...they both live at least 4 hours away.

I had a few emails with my Aunt and with the director of the home health care for Mom....we have a plan of action to get Mom the medical care she needs...hope it works. The director is the one that stayed with Mom on Sat. while Stepfather went to church and she got Mom to cooperate with changing, etc. and also got Stepfather to finally understand that Mom needs a prescription to calm down, that she is not going to be put in a nursing home and that the home health care will help them both! Yay! I'm going there today to talk with him and see if having them come more than once a week is ok for him...he objected before but now I think he may be ok with it. I want to go back to being the daughter, not the nurse, so that Mom doesn't stress out when she sees me!

Stayed mostly on plan all weekend....bloodwork on Wed. so I have to be especially careful today and tomorrow. I am going to ask the dr. that we stop doing the bloodwork so often because it is part of what stresses me so much. I am tired of it and it's not getting any answers for me. I know that this time it's necessary to check the uric acid levels but I don't want to hear about the cholesterol levels any more. I am not going to take the statins, I can't exercise to the level needed to help improve my levels because I hurt all the time. He said I should feel better with the meds for the uric acid and I don't....so who knows what will be next?

We gladly feast on those who would subdue us! - Addams Family Creed

My Facebook
Old 09-11-2012, 04:04 AM   #275

Happy Tuesday!!

Hope the plan works out with your Mom. Glad you had a good time with your friends.

Doing okay here. TOM is still visiting and the scale jumped back up again.

I know I had too much sodium yesterday so I'm going to try to do better today and also I need to work on my fluids.

I've gotten bad about drinking coffee/tea/dt. soda instead of straight water. I just honestly hate the taste of water.... ugh...

But that's no excuse since I know I feel better and do better when I get enough of the right fluids.

Off to help DD get her hair fixed for her appointment.
Old 09-11-2012, 10:06 AM   #276
Bike Tart

Well, not nearly as much progress as we had hoped for....I don't know why there isn't an option for elderly, housebound patients to get medical care...again we got the standard response that they can't prescribe anything unless she comes in for an exam...how are we supposed to do that? They suggest 911 if the patient can't come in....seriously? Not an emergency situation at this point and it would terrify both Mom and Stepfather. We did call one agency that we dealt with in the past (Mom was in much better condition the last time they evaluated her)....if they can get an order for assessment from the dr. they can come and examine her and maybe she will be eligible for help through them.

As for me, no changes....I did have an idea to keep my broth hot through the day...I have some in a small crockpot (I think it's 1 qt.)....I can just ladle out what I need during the day and when it's done I'm done for the day!

Bloodwork tomorrow....hope there are some answers that are positive...I'm sure I'll still get the hassle about cholesterol levels.

Still need to see if I can do some sort of exercise...beautiful day here, wish I could go for a walk!
Old 09-12-2012, 06:06 AM   #277

That's a very good idea about the crockpot to keep your broth warm.

Doing okay here.. Just trying to get through the million and one things we've got going on at the moment. Juggling this many balls is getting a bit nerve wracking.

As for me I'm still on plan. Still bouncing on the scale. But I'm about halfway through with TOM so hoping for some progress soon.

Only 2wks till my doctors appointment. Still hoping for a miracle for that.

Only 2.5wks till hubby leaves and my parents come up so TONS to do to both get him ready and the house ready.

It's becoming one of those times where I wish the kids weren't home schooled. At least then I'd have them gone for part of the day while I got some work done.

All rightie then.. back to the grindstone...
Old 09-12-2012, 04:08 PM   #278
Bike Tart

Long day, bloodwork, Mom's, groceries....feet are puffy again...it's hot today...

Making a pasta dish tonight with Dreamfield's...won't be real low carb but I wanted to make it...I only make it once a year for DS's birthday but I'm really feeling the need for it for some reason. I don't normally get like this but I figure I'll have one serving tonight and then put the leftovers in DS's lunch so I don't go overboard.
Old 09-13-2012, 04:24 AM   #279

Sometimes we just have days where we need the comfort.

Maintaining on the scale still. TOM is showing signs of leaving soon so I hope it takes the swelling and extra pounds with it.

Not much else going on. Got a delivery that I needed in order to go forward with some work downstairs on the house so we're ready for at least one big project this weekend.
Old 09-13-2012, 07:18 AM   #280
Bike Tart

Well, more drama last night and I didn't get to enjoy my pasta...I ate a little of it but didn't enjoy it....oh well....the drama is sort of related to Mom's care but more about my one Aunt contacting my sister suggesting that she keep in touch with me better or something like that....my sister was upset so I had to calm her down..my Aunt means well but is poor at wording things and the timing in telling my sister this was not good because of stuff my sister is dealing with that has nothing to do with Mom. I have told my Aunt recently not to contact my sister about anything because I know she will take it wrong! Ugh! Now I'm in the middle of all of it and I don't have time to deal with it. Guess I'll have to find another way to comfort myself!

I have my caregiver class today...I have a million chores to do....not sure what will get done but I have to do something!

I have my next foot massage set for tomorrow morning....I sure need it!
Old 09-14-2012, 05:37 AM   #281

Sorry about the drama. Hope you got all that straight.

Doing okay here... TONS going on and it has my head spinning but I'll survive.....

I've changed things up program wise yet again. Not going to share though unless it works...

Gotta keep it short and sweet today.... Bills to pay, birthday gifts to get, lessons to do, and a weekend to start.
Old 09-14-2012, 09:46 AM   #282
Bike Tart

Had my foot massage this morning...it was wonderful! We talked about getting back to a regular schedule....she's been busy getting her kids settled into school routines and now is more available again.

I'm relaxing this morning so that I can enjoy the benefits of the foot massage before going to Mom's after lunch. Then back home to get some chores done....

Not sure of anything else right now....I will try to do a few kb swings....did 20 yesterday...the 10 lb kb feels like a ton because it's been so long. Will try to get a few stretches in while I'm at it!
Old 09-15-2012, 06:59 AM   #283

Just a quick pop in today....

DD turns 13 today....

And we're heading out to celebrate with Starbucks and walking at the butterfly gardens.

We'll probably eat out for dinner as well. Her choice.....

I had a quick banana for breakfast and baked a muffin to take with me to Starbucks and I'll get a skinny vanilla latte to keep the cals low.

That way hopefully at dinner if I keep it light I'll end the day on a good note.

BUT!!!!

I'm not going to stress over it.

You only turn 13 once and I don't want her remembering her day as the day that Mom was weird about food.

Hope you have a great weekend!!!

Gotta run and get the guys out the door before it gets too late.
Old 09-16-2012, 12:37 PM   #284
Bike Tart

to your daughter!!! Hope it's a great day for her and all of you!

Not much going on here....food is ok, watching movies and not doing much of anything. Got to use the hot tub last night and am planning on using it again tonight....I never, ever thought we'd have a hot tub so this is pretty cool for us! It cost a little more to refurbish it than we had planned with it's still more than $10,000 less than if we had bought it new! I'd say we did good!
Old 09-17-2012, 05:29 AM   #285

Well, as expected I enjoyed the birthday weekend with the family without worrying about food... initially...

Then all I could do was beat myself up over the fact that I ate some things that I know aren't good for me.

And today I deal with the consequences of that. The side affects I get from having had wayyyyy too much junk.

Oh well... New week... New Day... Fresh Start!!

I have one week till my doctor's follow up and I hope to at least get to my low with them. Highly doubt it but will do what ever it takes to get there.

After that is preparing for hubby to leave and my parents to show up. Getting through the separation and having my house taken over for over a month. Then it'll be time to prepare for the holidays.

I might get some of that done while my parents are here since my Mom has already volunteered my Dad to help keep him and the kids out of trouble.

Well, gotta run... Still need to work on the list of "needed items" for the hubby. Also have two twin beds to put together, cleaning, painting, organizing... and oh... school work to somehow get done.

Yup, really boring around here these days......
Old 09-17-2012, 06:52 AM   #286
Bike Tart

We had a family meeting in the hot tub last night! LOL! It actually was nice to talk and relax at the same time....we discussed how I need to get back on track so I can get healthy again...I can't take care my Mom and my family very well if things don't change. DH and DS were totally agreeable to everything (although DH will have a hard time with some of it! He tends to like to keep chocolate on hand in case anyone needs it but I end up picking at it instead! No more!).

I have to go to Mom's today so I'm off to make more protein pudding...this time I'm making pumpkin!
Old 09-17-2012, 09:47 AM   #287
Bike Tart

Lab results....uric acid normal (I still think it was just a fluke that it was high) and LDL too high although down from last time....refused the statins again and said I'm more than willing to do alternative things to bring it down but will not take statins...waiting on a call back.
Old 09-18-2012, 03:19 PM   #288
Bike Tart

Got my call back and the dr. wants me to take Crestor...refused...I will work on diet and exercise and whatever I can but no statins. I have a follow up appt. on Nov. 1st so I'll see what he says then....I'm sure I won't like it.

I had a crazy day yesterday with Mom...won't go into it all but we finally got a referral for an assessment which in turn will hopefully get her meds to not only help her stay calmer but will also get rid of the UTI/yeast infection that we think she has.

Had a caregiver meeting last night and my Aunt came to my house and spent the night after the meeting rather than going home so we could talk and plan more. She is leaving for FL the end of Nov. for 4 months and wants to get everything in order with Mom before she goes.
Old 09-19-2012, 05:03 AM   #289

Wow sounds like you had an interesting few days. Hope you're able to get the food/exercise going so that you can avoid the statins.

My Mom was able to come off hers and my Dad is working on coming off his.

I do NOT like them on them what so ever and have really pushed for them to take care of it naturally.

I had a ton of fun over this past "weekend" with the kiddos. DD had a good time and that's what I hope for every year since we don't do the huge party thing...... yet... I'm sure that's coming....

Less than a week till my doc follow up. Little over a week till hubby leaves for the Academy. And finally about 2wks or so till my parents get here. I'm soooooo NOT ready for all of this.

I need to help hubby go through his list and make sure he has everything. Times like this his dyslexia can make things interesting.

I have to have sleeping quarters ready for the family when they get here.

I also have daily lessons and all the other projects I'm trying to get done on the house before it gets too cold.

In the mean time food wise I haven't been 100% primal but I have watched my cals and managed to come through this birthday weekend with a loss.

Still working on where I want to be for docs appointment. Don't think I'll make it but at least I will have tried.
Old 09-19-2012, 06:35 PM   #290
Bike Tart

It's been a long, tiring day but we got good news! Mom was accepted into the hospice program and hopefully will be examined by a dr. within a week! We have to wait for all the paperwork to be filed and then get the appt. set up. We'll have a meeting either tomorow or Friday with a nurse to determine more what Mom's needs are, we'll have a person come 5x a week for an hour to do whatever needs doing...all covered by Medicare!

I did good with food today....not enough time to eat much....still a bit hungry so maybe I'll make something light.
Old 09-20-2012, 06:16 AM   #291

I'm so happy that you're going to get some extra help sweetie!!

Doing good here.... Again not 100% primal... probably more like 90% but the scale is yet again going in the right direction.

Like I told my Mom.... I'll find the balance of what my body wants one of these days....

Other than that we're just trucking along....
Old 09-20-2012, 05:22 PM   #292
Bike Tart

Glad things are going pretty good for you, Dawn!

I've been on the go with stuff for Mom all morning and then the caregiver class in the afternoon followed by a stop at the grocery store before heading home.

Not a good food day....breakfast was some deli ham w/cream cheese...no lunch....had some chips when I got home...need to get some real food.

I hope this all settles down soon so I can get a routine going again and so my stress levels drop....I'm going nuts!
Old 09-21-2012, 05:42 AM   #293

So sorry hon... Hope the stress levels even out for you too.
Hang in there!!

Still hanging in here.... Another not 100% primal day... another 90% one.....
Scale is still continuing in the right direction. I'm not going to make my weight from the last appointment unless there's a miracle but I'll be really close I hope.

No matter what though I'll continue what I'm doing right now so that I can keep this ball rolling. I'm hoping to keep doing well at least through the holidays.

I'm currently low cal/moderate carb/moderate protein. That seems to be working for the moment. I'm not choosing primal for every meal but close to it.

Example: I might make a homemade single serving muffin for breakfast that uses flour but then the rest of the day it's meat/veggies/fruit.

I know I could make that muffin "healthy" by using an alternative flour but they are so calorie dense that they become too heavy and make me gain weight.

I'll feel good but the scale will be going in the wrong direction. So, I have to make adjustments for how my body reacts and weigh the pros and cons.

I attempted to go to my protein sparing fast again. Hoping that my weird reactions were in the past only to have another attack of hives. So, that program is officially out for me. Which makes me want to because on that program was the only time I didn't have to struggle to lose weight.

I'm so desperate at this point that I would have even taken a loan out to do the program.

Oh well.. that's neither here nor there since I can't physically do it. Trying to live on benedryl just would not have worked.

Gotta run and get lessons going for the day and map out the game plan for the weekend.

Laterz!!!
Old 09-21-2012, 08:24 AM   #294
Bike Tart

I've been lounging a bit this morning...getting recharged to go to Mom's today...meeting the hospice social worker there at 2 p.m. Need to make some protein pudding again to take along and maybe a few other goodies for Mom...my Stepfather is a very picky eater and although he makes good food for them he doesn't like a lot of the foods that she loved so I'm trying to bring her some of those...and he'll eat the pudding, too, so that's a good treat for both of them.

As for me, book club tonight which I am sure will include mostly off plan food...she said to come hungry...I'll do the best I can.

Got on the scale today...ugh! But I have to say I also weighed a couple of days ago and was 8lbs higher....I think it was more because of the placement of the scale in our bathroom...the tile is sort of uneven in spots...today's weight seemed more in line with what it's been lately...I'm so discouraged with all of this right now....I don't have time to think about my self and even though I eat mostly low carb, I still don't have it back to where I want it...
Old 09-21-2012, 10:21 AM   #295

Good Luck Today with your Mom sweetie!!

OMGosh the last 24hrs have been awful...

We'd been getting the hubby ready for the academy when he went for his physical yesterday. The doc stated that because he didn't have a status on DH's heart condition(which he reversed) that he couldn't sign off on him going to the academy since it would be physically stressful(boot camp style workouts).

That meant the hubby then had to go in first thing today and start chasing down the Cardiologist to get his results and fax them over to the base.

Okay... so he finally gets that all taken care of but because the cardiologist also said that hubby needed to bring his cholesterol down the base doc then tried to put him on a statin.

Immediately hubby called me since he knows I've researched this stuff. When he told me his numbers and "why" they want him on it I was LIVID!!!

I did the math for him and he is absolutely fine... Yes he could raise his "good" stuff but overall... he's FINE!! And they wanted to possibly affect his quality of life for his overall cholesterol number that was only 4 points high...but still within acceptable boundaries. OMGosh please save us from these doctors that buy into the whole pharmaceutical crud.

They could have done harm to my relatively healthy DH. And I say relatively only because he could lose a few pounds.. not much but a few... and his knees are bad from an old high school football injury. Otherwise he's healthy as a horse and rarely sick.

Idgets....

Okay I'm done venting...
Old 09-22-2012, 06:05 AM   #296

Happy Saturday!!!

So much to do, so little time.

I'm up on the scale today but I know why so not freaking yet. I still won't be at the goal weight by Tuesday's appointment but I'll be fairly close so I'm not too upset...

Now I'm off to do some errands before tearing into the house work.
Old 09-23-2012, 05:11 AM   #297

Completely fell off that wagon.... Stress is no fun....

I'll end up with a gain somewhere between 5 and 7lbs at my appointment on Tuesday. I guess that's not "horrible" considering it's been 6 months... but still.... grrrr....

I had hoped to finally be on a roll and maybe even hit one of my major goals by the time hubby got back from the Academy but it's not going to happen at this rate.

At least our trip South has been postponed for a month to deal with some work things that have come up. That gives me an extra month to lose as much as possible before I see the in-laws again.

They finally stopped asking how much I'd lost when DH kept telling them I don't weigh so he had no clue.

But you know they're salivating at the chance to actually see me and what I've done.

So, it's time to get really serious and stop tap dancing with different plans trying to find one that fits me both eating wise and weight loss wise. If I have to suffer to be beautiful.... so be it...
Old 09-24-2012, 05:03 AM   #298

Happy Monday!!

Well, the weekend was rough to say the least.

Still don't feel well.....

You would think with not feeling well that I would at least come off the weekend with a loss but alas....nope.... I had a horrendous gain and therefore depending on how much fluid I get rid of today I will have a gain of anywhere from 5 to 10lbs tomorrow(6 months between doctor visits).

I will of course do everything I can to flush my system today... and then I will take my lumps from the doctor and continue moving on.

I consider myself lucky that I didn't just totally give up with all the stress that's been going on.

Unfortunately part of the reason I'm sick is that my body DID react to the stress and triggered one of my flares of my autoimmune issues.

Mom is going in for her yearly cancer check up today so I'm a bit of a nervous wreck about that. She always comes out clear and has been for years but because of the type of cancer it was there is always that possibility of a return.

Anyway, that's pretty much it here I guess. Still working our way through the honey do list and getting the hubby's "sea bag" packed. The good thing about his leaving is that my family will be coming to keep us company while he's gone. Especially since the coming holiday's will be about getting down to see his family.

We haven't made it that far South since I was pregnant with DS and he just turned 9yrs old. Even though it's a horrible drive..... especially with animals and kids......... We felt like it was time to make the effort instead of his family coming here or meeting us halfway at my family's place.

Wow, guess I'm super chatty today. LOL I'm going to run now before I write a novel. Hope you had an awesome weekend!!!
Old 09-24-2012, 07:13 PM   #299
Bike Tart

Sorry you had a rough weekend, Dawn...hope things are going better now!

Friday was crazy...I had a meeting with the social worker and with the hospice chaplain. We are still waiting on paperwork to be through so we can get a dr. to see Mom....she is getting worse...she hit the CNA today during bath/changing time....she needs to be on meds!!! She was also uncooperative with the private CNA we have for Saturdays.

My Aunt and I are going tomorrow to meet my sister for lunch and fabric shopping...my sister is going to make some back closing clothes for Mom so it will be easier to change her clothes.

As for me...ugh! Had pizza Saturday night, had some dessert yesterday...doing good today...so far!

Stepfather gave me one of Mom's bills today that he thinks is wrong so I have to go online tonight and find out exactly what the problem is...he keeps saying he paid but I know what he paid was for his account and not hers...he doesn't get that they are 2 separate accounts...more work for me!

Supposed to be packing and getting ready for camping this weekend...I'm sure I'll forget stuff because I won't be home tomorrow or Wednesday...it's going to be a miracle if I'm ready to go in time!
Old 09-25-2012, 10:03 AM   #300

Goodness Hon, I hope you're able to get your mom the meds and help soon.

Doing "okay" here. Did have a gain. Was 10lbs in the last 6 months. Time to get cracking on that and keep it going down.

I'm being referred to a doc for my thyroid and another for my RA finally after years of suffering. Let's hope someone can help.

Mom came through her cancer check up all clear.
About 5 days left before the household gets turns upside down with hubby leaving. Just really really glad my family will be coming up to help with the kiddos so I can go to my various scans/bloodwork/new doctors, etc without dragging the kiddos all over creation. The hazards of homeschooling and not having a friend that can help out.