LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2012, 09:19 AM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lola001
Stats: 68.2/67.1/50
WOE: Atkins 72 post preggy
Start Date: begin 15 April 2009
One day at a time

I've decided to let go of my last journal. I feel as if the person that started that journal was too idealistic and unreal about my goals and what is achievable. I also tried to hard to separate my life from my weightloss. Crazy and impossible.
Right now I've got to stay on track- 3 days of eating right on Atkins 72 so lost a bit of water weight.
Start weight: 65.2kg
Weight today: 63.4kg.
Induction is working so far.
My eating plans are a bit erratic due to the long hours I work.
It is the night work that does me in. I stay on track all day and then as I work late into the night I find that I snack on higher carb foods.

I am working on changing my life, my work and my body. Tall order I guess but I know what I do not want.
baby steps in the right direction. I will be 40 next year and I want to be in a more peaceful place than I am right now.

Signing off for tonight.
Lola.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-07-2012, 06:31 AM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: WATCH-ME-SHRINK
Stats: 168, Size 12/138 lowest/goal 148 5'7
WOE: Carb rotations/mod carb
Quote:
Originally Posted by lola001 View Post
I've decided to let go of my last journal. I feel as if the person that started that journal was too idealistic and unreal about my goals and what is achievable. I also tried to hard to separate my life from my weightloss. Crazy and impossible.
Right now I've got to stay on track- 3 days of eating right on Atkins 72 so lost a bit of water weight.
Start weight: 65.2kg
Weight today: 63.4kg.
Induction is working so far.
My eating plans are a bit erratic due to the long hours I work.
It is the night work that does me in. I stay on track all day and then as I work late into the night I find that I snack on higher carb foods.

I am working on changing my life, my work and my body. Tall order I guess but I know what I do not want.
baby steps in the right direction. I will be 40 next year and I want to be in a more peaceful place than I am right now.

Signing off for tonight.
Lola.

Hey, Lola. Haven't seen you in a while. It's good to see you back at it.

You know what you don't want. Now it's time to make a list of what you DO want. Prioritize that list, placing at the top of it what you want the most. Don't let life, emotions, temporary gratification or any other elusive pleasure compete with the NUMBER ONE place on that list.

You can do it.

Hugs to you, girl.

WATCH-ME-SHRINK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 06:50 PM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Twyla. It is so good to read your words. I have felt lost for quite a while and strangely enough during this time I had lost so much weight- I was pretty close to goal but I was in a terrible place. I could not enjoy my new body or be close to my family. I am now taking active steps to fix all of this.

I have a wonderful life, a beautiful home, a fantastically supportive family, yet I feel consumed by my work life. It overshadows every aspect of my life.
I am working to fix that and in doing so get closer to my family.

I feel beautiful and look fine. I want to be healthy and active. My husband wants me to go cycling with him on the weekends and I feel too exhausted to even contemplate it. I want to join him without feeling pushed.

I plan to use this journal to sort out my thoughts and gain success so I may ramble on so be warned if you are reading.
I am 1.53m tall so I have about 13kg or 26lbs to lose.
I just read on FB that there may be a school reunion on the horizon - a 20 year one so got to look good. Also I want to have a second baby so health first.
I want to go back to teaching. I want to teach younger ones so I need to be able to be active and actually run around playgrounds all day without feeling wrung out.
lola001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 06:49 AM   #4

Quote:
Hi Twyla. It is so good to read your words. I have felt lost for quite a while and strangely enough during this time I had lost so much weight- I was pretty close to goal but I was in a terrible place. I could not enjoy my new body or be close to my family. I am now taking active steps to fix all of this.

I have a wonderful life, a beautiful home, a fantastically supportive family, yet I feel consumed by my work life. It overshadows every aspect of my life.
I am working to fix that and in doing so get closer to my family.

I feel beautiful and look fine. I want to be healthy and active. My husband wants me to go cycling with him on the weekends and I feel too exhausted to even contemplate it. I want to join him without feeling pushed.

I plan to use this journal to sort out my thoughts and gain success so I may ramble on so be warned if you are reading.
I am 1.53m tall so I have about 13kg or 26lbs to lose.
I just read on FB that there may be a school reunion on the horizon - a 20 year one so got to look good. Also I want to have a second baby so health first.
I want to go back to teaching. I want to teach younger ones so I need to be able to be active and actually run around playgrounds all day without feeling wrung out.
Love it.

I'm reading ... "I want...I want...I want..." Achievements all well within your reach. These achievements will definitely serve to bring you the joy that you are lacking in your life right now, and I say go for it. Move on to that next level and make it happen. Make the adjustments that are necessary to bring balance to your life. That seems to be what is missing -- BALANCE.

We all need it, want it. It's just a matter of finding the right recipe for it.

I know you will. Cheering you on.
Old 05-08-2012, 07:03 PM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Twyla

Yup I am getting selfish as my wants become clearer. This is making me more focused.
Getting my car serviced so I should get it back today. I plan to get active this week. My work load is still hectic but I am making time for me.
Old 05-13-2012, 12:10 PM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Mother's day!
Had a lovely rump steak for lunch.
Plan to exercise as much as I can this week. Work will be crazy but I plan to keep my head.
Old 05-14-2012, 04:43 PM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Hi All

2 am here. I am wide awake and working on a report.
Eating has been good as I resisted temptation many times.

No gym but I did go for a walk.
Hope that you are all well.
Old 07-15-2012, 11:50 PM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

16 July

My official restart as I had a pretty much decadent food fest over the past few weeks as I felt intermittent sympathy and happiness with the decisions I made regarding my life.
So as of today I am 100% on track.
I am quite active on the Atkins 72 thread so I will use this journal to record my food and exercise - no matter how bad my food choices are. I cannot let this journal just reflect the good. I want to see all the gory details as I review my progress.
I plan to go to the gym later this morning.
Meal planning:
breakfast: 2 lamb chops and a coffee
Lunch: grilled chicken wings and sardines.
will get out the outdoor grill and prepare enough food for two days.
Got a backup protein shake prepared that just needs water.
also filled up my water bottle to ensure that I get enough water.

Well - wish me luck. I am prepared. Now I just need to perservere.
Old 07-15-2012, 11:52 PM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Forgot to mention that start up weight is 66.4Kg! (146lbs)

goal is 110lb or 55kg.
or a size 8 whichever comes first!
Old 07-16-2012, 07:21 AM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Time right now: 16:20pm and been on track all day.
Breakfast: 2 lamb chops and tea
Lunch: 5 cocktail lamb sausages with a fried tomato
snack: 2 ricotta balls(yum)

exercise: 30 minutes walking on the treadmill and 30 min swim at the local gym.
Old 03-26-2013, 12:32 AM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

New beginning and huge changes to come

Hello again
cannot believe how I managed to abandon this journal after a few posts. It is so easy to say life got busy and I had other things to do.
Well one of those things just happened to be getting pregnant again. So at 7 weeks and 6 days I am ready to document my experience and keep my eating as healthy and my way of life as simple/healthy as possible.
This is a long and exciting journey and I want to capture as much as I can.
Old 03-26-2013, 05:38 AM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Back again to report that I went to the gym at lunch time and did a 30 min swim very gently.
Having a chicken salad and feeling great.
What with the constant nausea everytime I smell something or look at at food, I find that I eat what I can and not stay strictly LC. I would love to be LC throughout my pregnancy but I need to realistically look at what my body allows for. Right now it is for fresh produce and small portions of anything.
Plan is to stay healthy and strong throughout.
Old 03-26-2013, 05:40 AM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

Weight this morning is 64.9kg.
I am now 7 weeks and 6 days today.
Old 04-02-2013, 01:13 AM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

Hi
Tuesday today and just got back to the office from a lazy long weekend of Easter egg hunts and baking cookies with my LG.
Today is 8 weeks and 6 days.
Weight is down a bit at 64.1kg. Not too concerned as I also lost weight during the first two months of my pregnancy and then started slowly gaining over the remainder months. I remember just putting on 6kg throughout my whole first pregnancy. I also felt magnificent and beautiful throughout.
I felt a bit emotional this morning as I recall the last pregnancy in 2010 ended at 8 weeks. I guess i would just need to be positive and not give in to any negative thoughts.
Eating is dependant on what I can stand to smell at the moment. Breakfast this morning was a plum with greek yoghurt and this will be followed by oats cooked in the microwave. Lunch is couscous with sweetcorn and chorizo.
supper is a bit in the air at the moment. I feel like a butternut soup.
Still walking and swimming- not strenuously though.
Old 04-04-2013, 12:13 AM   #15
Major LCF Poster!

Well now into week 9.
Feeling good. Not feeling too big. actually wearing a size 10 top that has a good amount of stretch in it.
Can't wait for week 12 and first trimester will be over.
Food is totally not LC and I am not stressing as I am still not keen on food that smell right now. Also whatever I am eating, I am keeping portions small to avoid feeling uncomfortable and nauseas.
Old 05-14-2013, 03:44 AM   #16
Major LCF Poster!

Week 14 here and going strong. I am slowly outgrowing my clothes especially around the boobs and waist. Good thing it is winter as I have a lot of stretch and woollen stuff. Need to do an analysis of everything and then go shopping from 25 May. I really do not want to shop unncessarily as I get closer to the birth date and I need to get more clothes. Maybe some tights and tops that I can wear til the end. How big can I get I am wondering as I am pretty big right now - for my size anyway.

Weight this morning is 66.4kg so I am back to what I weighed at the start of my pregnancy before the nausea got me rethinking every food option.
I must say that any idea I have had to keep it LC all the way has been scuppered. I struggle to look at or eat real food so toast has been my go to food.
Next doc app is on 20 May so maybe I get to see the sex of baby.
Old 05-15-2013, 04:35 AM   #17
Major LCF Poster!

anothe day and reaching the end of my adrenalin rush. Been workin since 12:30am. got a deadline so need to get on with it. At least I am not eating chips and sweets today. Ate two slices of toast with lamb curry at 4am and followed this with oats at 11am. Lunch of a chicken biryani at 13:00. A fruit snack maybe at 3pm to get my energies back.
Old 05-16-2013, 12:43 AM   #18
Major LCF Poster!

Been working pretty intensely this week to make up for the time that I spent just goofing off on the net.
Last night was pretty tired although I did not feel tired. OnceI snuggled down into the blanket on the sofa I was out like a light. ate a fish finger sandwich before I fell asleep. I need to get some exercise but between my work and travel to work and the days getting shorter as winter approaches I find there is very little daylight time when I can walk about.

My lunch time gym plan is on hold at the moment as I feel that I want to cut back on the hour lunch and rather go home a bit earlier.
I am hoping that as soon as I get over my food aversions I will revert to LC at maintainance levels at least.
Old 05-20-2013, 01:50 AM   #19
Major LCF Poster!

Had my last workshop on Saturday so will be so glad that my weekends are now my own.
Had really bad runny tummy and vomiting last night. wonder if the MacD burger I had for supper had anything to do with it.
Was pretty worried about baby as I was really ill for a while.
Had my 16 week app today and was hoping to see the sex of baby but he/she was moving around so much with legs crossed that we never did get to see anything. Baby is growing well and is now 145g.
My tummy has developed a smallish swell that looks pregnant sometimes.
Will probably see sex of baby at 20 weeks now.
Old 05-20-2013, 03:03 AM   #20

Hey, Lola!

OMG, congrats on your wonderful news! I am so happy for you!

I need to check in here more often and follow along with you on this exciting journey. You're doing well, paying attention to controlling your weight gain during your pregnancy.

I wish you the best of care and bountiful blessings over your family and your journey welcoming your new little one to the world.

Hugs to you today.
Old 05-30-2013, 01:10 AM   #21
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Twyla! So great to see you around.
I thought you were blogging rather.
Yup pregnant and so happy that all is going well.
at present I am 17 weeks. baby is healthy and growing.
I need to find a new swim top so that I can continue swimming through the rest of this pregnancy. will go out at lunch and see what I can find.
Old 06-18-2013, 03:22 AM   #22
Major LCF Poster!

so it is now week 19. My baby bump is much bigger. I am eating not as voraciously as previously. Still need my sweet fix everyday. Funny thing that I actually want to eat soft sweets, unhealthy I know but I seem to want it. weight-wise- just have not wanted to get on the scale as I know that seeing the 70s will depress me and I have a lot going on now. I feel so weepy all the time. Just about everything has me in tears so a number on the scale will completely derail me.
Old 06-20-2013, 01:21 AM   #23
Major LCF Poster!

goodness I cannot keep track of my weekly progress. I am actually 20 weeks and 5 days today. birth date :18 October.
Baby is healthy and strong weighing at 336 grams. growth is as per healthy baby and doc is happy with progress.
I am not looking so bad either. I weighted myself yesterday and the scale said 67.0kg. If that is true then I have only picked up .6kg.
good going. I was just wondering if the scale is still okay as I am pretty big right now with a well developed preggy tummy.
Old 06-24-2013, 07:30 PM   #24
Major LCF Poster!

21 weeks now and a colleague at work called my baby bump sexy- I liked that. I must say that my rear end is looking larger which is alarming as this did not happen with first pregnancy.
My aim right now is to keep stress levels down and keep baby safe.
My brother in KZN want to renew his marriage vows and wants me to be a part of his celebration- but it falls outside of my safe period to travel. Doc does not want me to travel after 30 weeks and I plan to adhere.
will just have to ask brother to adjust plans or go ahead without me.
Old 07-02-2013, 07:35 PM   #25

Gallery: kristina
Stats: Pant size 22W Petite
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: July 17, 2014
Quote:
Hello again
cannot believe how I managed to abandon this journal after a few posts. It is so easy to say life got busy and I had other things to do.
Well one of those things just happened to be getting pregnant again. So at 7 weeks and 6 days I am ready to document my experience and keep my eating as healthy and my way of life as simple/healthy as possible.
This is a long and exciting journey and I want to capture as much as I can.
CONGRATULATIONS!!! It is easy to get sidetracked on the journal, I got sidetracked on mine a long time ago

Look forward to reading about how you are doing as you progress!

So excited for you!
kristina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 10:18 AM   #26

Gallery: kristina
Stats: Pant size 22W Petite
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: July 17, 2014
*bump*

kristina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 06:46 AM   #27
Major LCF Poster!

On 5 October I gave birth to Alexandro - a whole month early. He is a small boy but very sweet and treats his mommy with real care. He just calls for feed and a bit of attention. He is growing really well.
I, on the other hand, struggled with an unexpected emergency caesarean at 1:15 on a Saturday morning. During the procedure the doc cut a hole on my bladder. Apart from the usual meds after a caesarean, I need to take additional anti-biotics for the bladder.
Weighed myself on Monday this week - weighed 67.1kg.
got a whole lot of additional centimeters to get rid of.
My goal weight is 45kg. so 22.1kg to lose.
Still not LC. Had a whole lot of issues along the way so it has been a while since I've been LC.
Got to get back on that WOE again as it is the easiest way to get rid of this weight. Need to sort out my cupboard and once I am driving again I can focus on restocking my cupboards the right way. going to take baby steps in the right direction.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20131017_220112.jpg (37.3 KB, 4 views)
Old 02-04-2014, 11:55 PM   #28
Major LCF Poster!

Now four months later.
Stats: 66.1 kg
still breast feeding - baby is 4 months today.
walking in the evenings. Trying to do 10 000 steps every day so whether it is jogging or running or just walking I am doing it.
Going to get rid of this weight and look good again. I must say that I feel very confident. Everybody around me is so kind with praise for my post birth body. ah well - I will see how it goes. I am in a very confident space right now to achieve my goals.
Old 03-11-2014, 02:37 AM   #29
Major LCF Poster!

I have not been so good about going online since baby has arrived and now I am back at work. feeling overwhelmed by work and home.
Back on LC as of yesterday. full day with no bread, rice, potatoes or junk food. already feeling lightheaded so cross fingers that I stay on track. I have already put on weight that I lost post birth.
weighed myself last week and I was 69kg!
today I weighed 67.9kg
Old 03-11-2014, 05:17 AM   #30
Major LCF Poster!

so far meals have included protein shakes for breakfast.
An energy drink post breakfast to combat tiredness.
Lunch yesterday was chicken wings and ate sliced ham while waiting for supper to get ready. Fell asleep before I could eat.

Lunch today was butternut sup with pieces of feta. Snack was some mince cooked with tomato and butternut.
Butternut is higher carb but I have made a few adjustments to plan to stay on track.
So far two days of no bread, rice, potatoes, junk food. Feeling lighter and ready to do some exercise.
did 5000 steps yesterday. Hoping to do a little more today.
Officially stopped breastfeeding today. Need to deal with emotional fall out of this decision. Hate that I am denying baby nourishment but cannot cope with work demands, family demands. Baby will suffer so it is better that he gets used to formula milk.
Hate that I should have to make this decision.
Hubby is piling on pressure as he has almost lost all his excess weight put on last year. Expects me to follow suit.
Right now I am feeling resentful of him, the pressure he is putting me under. I refuse to succumb but it is a stress nevertheless.
Life will have to ease up or I am going to fall apart. These anti depressants do not seem to be doing much for me as well.
My personal commitment is to slowly lose this extra weight and get back into my regular clothes at least, then slowly get rid of the kgs I had before I was pregnant.