Old 04-01-2014, 07:02 AM   #2011
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ohcmb
Stats: 205/191/160
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 2014 Restart
Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
I just got word from his councelor, she said it is a very obtainable goal to graduate early. She indicated they have 4 students do that last school year and 2 that plan to do that this year! He will be so happy. SHe is going to meet with him and set up a 3 year (doable) plan!
I think this is a great idea. I was going to chime in yesterday but never got the chance to write anything. I did online school for almost half of my high school years and there are times that I regret doing that. Not because I feel like I missed out on anything socially necessarily but I think its important to be present at school even when it is hard. I think you miss out on a lot of learning both academically and non academic learning when you do the independent study thing.

I did online school for medical and depression type reasons. I was really overweight and not happy at school. No one was outwardly ugly to me but I just felt left out in general. I went to a boarding school and it was decided that I would go home to work with a doctor on losing some weight. After over a year of doing the online thing I made myself return to school. I didn't want to necessarily but I knew it was the right thing to do and I am glad I did.

I think graduating early by doing some online classes is perfect. Everyone is different and I don't know your son's situation at all. Leaving his school for full time online school could be good for him. Not trying to tell you what is best for your son at all but I just wanted to share my thoughts and experiences as someone that did the online thing.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-01-2014, 08:38 AM   #2012
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/214.8/212 MG# 1
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
Your daughter looked very cute...love the dress!

I'm glad to hear that y'all have come up with a workable plan for your son...that's awesome news.

Happy Tuesday!
Old 04-01-2014, 09:52 AM   #2013
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Great news about the fast tracking! Sounds like a great option for him.

How's the LCing going? Are you enjoying all the foods you can eat and not counting?
Old 04-02-2014, 04:50 AM   #2014
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DaisyGG
Stats: 211/198/155 5'7"
WOE: keto
Start Date: 3.9.14
Good morning! Is it really Wednesday today?
Old 04-02-2014, 05:04 AM   #2015
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: windygap
Stats: Ex:166/136/130
WOE: Atkins now doing JUDDD and lowcarb
Start Date: April28,2013JUDDD start June 16' 2013
Oh Monica that is great. He can do it and will be just fine. Hope you have a great Wed.
Old 04-02-2014, 08:20 AM   #2016
Big Yapper!!!!

You must be having a busy morning today girl! Hope to see ya here later on! Have a great one!
Old 04-02-2014, 09:44 AM   #2017
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohcmb View Post
I think this is a great idea. I was going to chime in yesterday but never got the chance to write anything. I did online school for almost half of my high school years and there are times that I regret doing that. Not because I feel like I missed out on anything socially necessarily but I think its important to be present at school even when it is hard. I think you miss out on a lot of learning both academically and non academic learning when you do the independent study thing.

I did online school for medical and depression type reasons. I was really overweight and not happy at school. No one was outwardly ugly to me but I just felt left out in general. I went to a boarding school and it was decided that I would go home to work with a doctor on losing some weight. After over a year of doing the online thing I made myself return to school. I didn't want to necessarily but I knew it was the right thing to do and I am glad I did.

I think graduating early by doing some online classes is perfect. Everyone is different and I don't know your son's situation at all. Leaving his school for full time online school could be good for him. Not trying to tell you what is best for your son at all but I just wanted to share my thoughts and experiences as someone that did the online thing.
Thank you so much for sharing your experience. It just solidifies our decision to have him GO to HIGH SCHOOL and finish early. He is a bit big and very socially awkward. My fear with online school is, he would never branch out and challenge himself socially. This truly solves everything. I think the fact he feels he is more in control and can see the end coming on more quickly is truly helping him! you are so kind to share your struggles. I am so sorry you went through all that!
Old 04-02-2014, 09:46 AM   #2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
Great news about the fast tracking! Sounds like a great option for him.

How's the LCing going? Are you enjoying all the foods you can eat and not counting?
Yep! Still low carbing, not counting carbs or anything still! I am enjoying the freedom and the lack of HUNGER it is providing! I did have some carbs this past weekend, but nothing over the top!

How are you doing girl??? You still LCing???
Old 04-02-2014, 09:46 AM   #2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyGG View Post
Good morning! Is it really Wednesday today?
Happy HUMP DAAAAAAAAAAAAAY indeed!
Old 04-02-2014, 09:47 AM   #2020

I am still lcing and life is really BUSY so, it is working well to have the ease of LC!

DS15 is now on a 3 year plan for high school! My baby boy will graduate in May 2016 and will start college at the OLD age of 17! He won't turn 18 till he completes his first semester. He is SOOOO Happy about all this. I believe we have pin pointed his issue...it is the CRAP High School throws at you. Specifically the other KIDS! Man, kids/teens can be so RUDE/MEAN/and are really good at just all out ignoring people UNLESS they want/need something. That is what he was going through. Kids would ask/talk to him if they needed help with classes or assignments, then they want NOTHING to do with him! Poor guy! So be it. He will only have to take 2 electives outside of normal classes to graduate early. Funny BRAINIAC, he is going to take 2 science classes. Heaven forbid he try something fun/different!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...rt-2-a-13.html
Old 04-02-2014, 09:47 AM   #2021

How is everyone out there today??????
Old 04-02-2014, 01:03 PM   #2022

OK so more bad news today! Thus far, let me say, 2014, NOT a stellar year here.

My Uncle has cancer of the stomach/liver, and elsewhere. Insurance won't pay for a scan due to knowing he has cancer. Finds out Chemo treatment later today.

Dear Friend has a massive tumor on the back of his tongue. Throat/tongue cancer. He let it go too far, they cannot simply cut it out. He is starting radiation/chemo this week. He can't speak much and won't be eating food for a minimum of 3 months. He is 5'7" and he currently weighs 97 pounds!

Another dear friend just contacted me, the lump they called a nonissue back in September has now doubled in size and they think it could be cancer. Will do a biopsy with possible lumpectomy soon!

CANCER is a horrible awful disease! I pray for anyone and everyone that has it, battled it or died from it. I am done with it! Prayers to everyone in the world with cancer right now! I guess it's my age. Heck, at 43 why should I know so many people with it????

Feeling very overwelmed right now!
Old 04-02-2014, 01:06 PM   #2023
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I am still lcing and life is really BUSY so, it is working well to have the ease of LC!

DS15 is now on a 3 year plan for high school! My baby boy will graduate in May 2016 and will start college at the OLD age of 17! He won't turn 18 till he completes his first semester. He is SOOOO Happy about all this. I believe we have pin pointed his issue...it is the CRAP High School throws at you. Specifically the other KIDS! Man, kids/teens can be so RUDE/MEAN/and are really good at just all out ignoring people UNLESS they want/need something. That is what he was going through. Kids would ask/talk to him if they needed help with classes or assignments, then they want NOTHING to do with him! Poor guy! So be it. He will only have to take 2 electives outside of normal classes to graduate early. Funny BRAINIAC, he is going to take 2 science classes. Heaven forbid he try something fun/different!

I am so happy to hear this! I hope this makes big strides in his overall happiness moving forward! I wish I had thought of doing it the way yall are. SO awesome! Hes lucky to have two great parents it sounds like.
Old 04-02-2014, 01:11 PM   #2024
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

My Uncle has cancer of the stomach/liver, and elsewhere. Insurance won't pay for a scan due to knowing he has cancer. Finds out Chemo treatment later today.

Dear Friend has a massive tumor on the back of his tongue. Throat/tongue cancer. He let it go too far, they cannot simply cut it out. He is starting radiation/chemo this week. He can't speak much and won't be eating food for a minimum of 3 months. He is 5'7" and he currently weighs 97 pounds!

Another dear friend just contacted me, the lump they called a nonissue back in September has now doubled in size and they think it could be cancer. Will do a biopsy with possible lumpectomy soon!

CANCER is a horrible awful disease! I pray for anyone and everyone that has it, battled it or died from it. I am done with it! Prayers to everyone in the world with cancer right now! I guess it's my age. Heck, at 43 why should I know so many people with it????

I am so sorry to hear about all your love ones going through this right now. It is so scary.

Even at my age it seems it is becoming more and more common.

I had one friend, younger than I am, have to have one ovary removed last month and another friend who may have cervical cancer already at 22. They wont do the biopsy until she goes back in for one more pap and it comes back bad again. I DO NOT understand this. It makes no sense to me why they won't do it now. Her paps got worse the last 2 times. I just don't know why they wouldn't go ahead and do the biopsy to catch it sooner if it is true.

Will pray for your loved ones as well.
Old 04-02-2014, 01:36 PM   #2025
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
So glad everything worked out for the kiddo!!! I didn't turn 18 until 3 months after I'd started college... my girls are pretty close that way too..Both turn(ed) 18 right as school was gonna start.. Like I said, you could not pay me to redo high school...these kids deal with incredible social challenges that I never even considered as a teenager...mind boggling. The sooner he's done all the better for him!

I am incredibly sorry to hear about all the health stuff going on with your family & friends That is really rough to hear. My dad passed from cancer last July...cancer sucks! Sending out love and healing vibes for you all

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
Old 04-03-2014, 05:36 AM   #2026

CMB, you are right. That doesn't make any sense. Why WAIT???

Dani - you are so right about that. Hopefully this works. We will see how the 2 self paced classes go. He will do one this summer. I am not going to ride him about it. We will set it up that he needs to do 4 chapters of the study a week. That way he will have ample time to complete the full credit over the summer. If he doesn't get it accomplished, then we will know, graduating early won't work!
Old 04-03-2014, 05:36 AM   #2027

Weighed this morning, back up to 175! GRRRR I am sure it is the weekend slips. I will stay LC till Easter weekend, then I will switch back to JUDDD!

The scale, it made me FROWN today!
Old 04-03-2014, 07:43 AM   #2028
Major LCF Poster!

Oh I'm so sorry to hear all your horrible news. I don't understand cancer. It makes me so sad.
Old 04-03-2014, 08:18 AM   #2029
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
I think he will thrive with the self-paced classes... DD has done several through her high school career and she's loved them.. she even has one this year--she's got a total of 3 classes and one of them is a self-paced class... she has just a couple more assignments and she'll be done with it.. the vice principal hauled her into his office to let her know that once she's finished with it more than likely she will be free to go home afterwards...so instead of leaving at 10:30am she'll leave at 9:30... 2 hours!! So see, she had said she didn't want to fast-track but she nearly did on her own terms with those self paced classes

Hang in there, that weight's not real and will be gone quickly! ♥
Old 04-03-2014, 11:27 AM   #2030
Big Yapper!!!!

Gosh, I'm sorry to hear about all the illness and cancer. It is a horrible horrible disease.

I think LCing through Easter sounds great. Just trust that you are feeding your body lots of good protein and nutrients that it needs right now. The scale will bounce up and down a little, but no worries. Don't add more stress to yourself right now girl!
Old 04-03-2014, 04:03 PM   #2031
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: windygap
Stats: Ex:166/136/130
WOE: Atkins now doing JUDDD and lowcarb
Start Date: April28,2013JUDDD start June 16' 2013
Monica so sorry to hear of all the cancer. We have a driver who just lost both breast and she is driving already and taking treatments. She just had it done a few weeks ago. Her 2nd treatment was last Friday.

Don't worry about dieting threw all this. You will flip out if you do. I agree with carol just locarb it till Easter.
Old 04-04-2014, 04:11 AM   #2032
Major LCF Poster!

Monica - are you cooking for Easter? I am. I need to find something plan-worthy for a side dish.

Last Thanksgiving I tried making a low-carb stuffing much to my family's unhappiness. ooops! lol
Old 04-04-2014, 06:06 AM   #2033

Judy - I am so sorry to hear about your coworker. Is it just me or does CANCER seem to be taking over??? I mean, more and more people getting stricken by this awful disease!

Daisy - I am not a cook. My DH does all the cooking at our house. He is our CHEF! If you are wanting something stuffing like, I would suggest Linda Sue's Mushroom Chicken and Sausage Casserole. We use it as a main dish. It is really yummy. We love it. Or even her Just like stuffed baked potatoes. That is ANOTHER fave for me and DH! YUM Linda Sue's website is my GO TO!

It's friday Ladies! I am so thankful. Softball season starts for DD12. We have games tonight at 6:00 and 9:00 and tomorrow at 6:30 and 8:30. Tonight it will be cold cold cold! I think DH is staying home with DS15. We just feel better right now DS15 not being alone a lot. Probably not necessary, but man, we feel better.
Old 04-04-2014, 06:07 AM   #2034

Sunday we have volleyball games all day! LAST OF THOSE for the season. WOOHOO!!!
Old 04-04-2014, 06:07 AM   #2035

Thankfully no games or anything Saturday morning/afternoon. Sleep in. I think a friend and I are meeting to discuss her DH's suprise birthday party that we are holding at our house in May. SO that will be fun!
Old 04-04-2014, 08:34 AM   #2036
Big Yapper!!!!

Happy Friday Monica! This week has gone fast!
Old 04-06-2014, 01:27 PM   #2037
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/226.6/125
WOE: Currently 5:2 w/ a 3rd all fruit & veg day
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Quote:

I'm so sorry to hear this my friend. I lost my brother to cancer in 2009. It's an awful disease. Hang in there!

On a positive note, I'm excited you are enjoying LC, I have gone back to JUDDD for the time being, when/if it gets too hard I will flip over to LC myself.

Old 04-07-2014, 03:57 AM   #2038
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning woman! I hope your weekend was fantastic!

Old 04-07-2014, 06:56 AM   #2039

weekend was good! Softball fields for 2 days and volleyball for 1. LOL Well, softball was Friday night and Saturday night! Yesterday was all day volleyball.

I stayed LC. So that went well. I am starting to get anxious to switch back to JUDDD. I will stay LC till 04/18, then take Easter weekend off and do an UP DAY on
Monday the 21st!
Old 04-07-2014, 07:42 AM   #2040
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/226.6/125
WOE: Currently 5:2 w/ a 3rd all fruit & veg day
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Monica that sounds like a great plan for a JUDDD restart! I'm doing only LC on my down days, I think it helps balance the not LC up days. It feels good to be doing something besides floundering.
Closed Thread