Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2013, 05:32 AM   #781
Senior LCF Member
 
Aleina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Argentina
Posts: 874
Gallery: Aleina
Stats: 224/ 172.9 31 Jan /150
WOE: Epi Paleo
Start Date: 15 Nov 2012 various WOES
Good morning Nancy. Have a great day .
Aleina is offline  

Sponsored Links
Old 05-09-2013, 06:08 AM   #782
Way too much time on my hands!
 
zipp2play's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Kansas
Posts: 10,876
Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Let us know JOY!
zipp2play is offline  
Old 05-09-2013, 06:08 AM   #783
Way too much time on my hands!
 
zipp2play's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Kansas
Posts: 10,876
Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Good morning ALEINA! Hope this finds you doing well!
zipp2play is offline  
Old 05-09-2013, 06:09 AM   #784
Way too much time on my hands!
 
zipp2play's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Kansas
Posts: 10,876
Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Yesterday was a good up day. Controlled, till the end. I had eaten all my calories and NEEDED ( ) chocolate. I ate an Atkins bar. So 180c over! SUCH IS!

Trying something different with my DD today. When I eat I will eat 2 eggs and cottage cheese (all protein) seeing if they helps tame the blood sugar beast! Lunch will be a salad then tonight...I am hoping I feel more control!

It's FRIDAY - EVE!!! Plans for the weekend girls???
zipp2play is offline  
Old 05-09-2013, 04:52 PM   #785
Senior LCF Member
 
joytotheworld's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Southern California
Posts: 145
Gallery: joytotheworld
Stats: 259/245/139
Start Date: 4/22/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
Yesterday was a good up day. Controlled, till the end. I had eaten all my calories and NEEDED ( ) chocolate. I ate an Atkins bar. So 180c over! SUCH IS!

Trying something different with my DD today. When I eat I will eat 2 eggs and cottage cheese (all protein) seeing if they helps tame the blood sugar beast! Lunch will be a salad then tonight...I am hoping I feel more control!

It's FRIDAY - EVE!!! Plans for the weekend girls???
Even though you went a little over, it's very impressive that you chose a healthy protein/vitamin filled bar instead of some sugary chocolate! If I had that kind of self control, I wouldn't need to be on this site
joytotheworld is offline  
Old 05-10-2013, 01:10 AM   #786
Senior LCF Member
 
Genie80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 732
Gallery: Genie80
WOE: Slimming World
Start Date: Re-start 09.18.13
Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
Yesterday was a good up day. Controlled, till the end. I had eaten all my calories and NEEDED ( ) chocolate. I ate an Atkins bar. So 180c over! SUCH IS!

Trying something different with my DD today. When I eat I will eat 2 eggs and cottage cheese (all protein) seeing if they helps tame the blood sugar beast! Lunch will be a salad then tonight...I am hoping I feel more control!

It's FRIDAY - EVE!!! Plans for the weekend girls???
I don't think anyone can not have chocolate when you need it, such is life!! I can't have any in the house though used to buy the 'snack size' multipacks but would end up eating the whole bag in one sitting so i'm not allowed them anymore! lol!

We're having our housewarming tomorrow night, Wayne's Mum is cooking Curry and we're making pizzas lots of wine will be drank - all good!

Hope you all have a good Friday and a fab weekend xx

Last edited by Genie80; 05-10-2013 at 01:11 AM.. Reason: Not making sense this morning!!
Genie80 is offline  
Old 05-10-2013, 06:55 AM   #787
Way too much time on my hands!
 
zipp2play's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Kansas
Posts: 10,876
Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by joytotheworld View Post
Even though you went a little over, it's very impressive that you chose a healthy protein/vitamin filled bar instead of some sugary chocolate! If I had that kind of self control, I wouldn't need to be on this site
Don't be too impressed. The only sugary treat we have at the house right now is JELLY BEANS and I HATE THEM! But the Adkins bars do work!
zipp2play is offline  
Old 05-10-2013, 06:55 AM   #788
Way too much time on my hands!
 
zipp2play's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Kansas
Posts: 10,876
Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genie80 View Post
I don't think anyone can not have chocolate when you need it, such is life!! I can't have any in the house though used to buy the 'snack size' multipacks but would end up eating the whole bag in one sitting so i'm not allowed them anymore! lol!

We're having our housewarming tomorrow night, Wayne's Mum is cooking Curry and we're making pizzas lots of wine will be drank - all good!

Hope you all have a good Friday and a fab weekend xx
My favorite combinations. PIZZA WINE and company! I love sharing it with all! ENJOY!
zipp2play is offline  
Old 05-10-2013, 06:57 AM   #789
Way too much time on my hands!
 
zipp2play's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Kansas
Posts: 10,876
Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
It's the weekend. I am so ready! Some weeks just about do me in! I am ready to spend the day tomorrow outside. No rain, but cool-ish. I will be dressed in my many layers. Sunday will be a GREAT day. I love hanging out the entire day with FAMILY! Morning with my family, Afternoon the Extended family!
zipp2play is offline  
Old 05-10-2013, 06:59 AM   #790
Way too much time on my hands!
 
zipp2play's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Kansas
Posts: 10,876
Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
DS14 was a bit discouraged yesterday. He was walking to his job (at the Veternary Clinic) he had his headphones on but had not turned on the music yet. 3 A-holes were walking behind them and made a comment about smacking his FAT A $$! Then made several other comments. He took the head phones off and said, KNOCK it off guys.

REALLY???? was that necessary. DS14 was not bothering them. Looking at them, doing anything to trigger them! I told him, you keep working toward your VET plans. Just remember, AFTER high school the only time you will have to speak with them is when they ask if you want FRIES with your meal! LOSERS!!!!!!!!! Makes me so freaking mad!
__________________
Monica - JUDDD! Come see my journey!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...rt-2-a-18.html
zipp2play is offline  
Old 05-10-2013, 06:59 AM   #791
Way too much time on my hands!
 
zipp2play's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Kansas
Posts: 10,876
Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
He moved on and did NOT face first into food last night. I was so PROUD! It was a DD and he continued with the alloted calories.
zipp2play is offline  
Old 05-10-2013, 06:59 AM   #792
Senior LCF Member
 
Genie80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 732
Gallery: Genie80
WOE: Slimming World
Start Date: Re-start 09.18.13
Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
It's the weekend. I am so ready!
Me too, working these extra hours is killing me I think I will give it one more week then may have to go back to just working 4 half days instead of 2 half days & 2 full days... we will see!

It's raining and miserable here, bit gutted coz I was hoping we'd get the cat run finished before tomorrow when everyone is here, we will have to shut the kittens upstairs and leave the big cats with the run of the place - if people don't like them... well tough! lol x
Genie80 is offline  
Old 05-10-2013, 07:15 AM   #793
Big Yapper!!!!
 
LoCarbGal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 9,155
Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
DS14 was a bit discouraged yesterday. He was walking to his job (at the Veternary Clinic) he had his headphones on but had not turned on the music yet. 3 A-holes were walking behind them and made a comment about smacking his FAT A $$! Then made several other comments. He took the head phones off and said, KNOCK it off guys.

REALLY???? was that necessary. DS14 was not bothering them. Looking at them, doing anything to trigger them! I told him, you keep working toward your VET plans. Just remember, AFTER high school the only time you will have to speak with them is when they ask if you want FRIES with your meal! LOSERS!!!!!!!!! Makes me so freaking mad!
He should be so proud of himself for keeping to his plan! Just a stray comment can so easily derail us, and he didn't let it. He's an amazing kid, and will be an amazing adult, I can tell just from reading your posts. Those kids obviously are mean and insecure, and that's probably the kind of adults they'll be.
LoCarbGal is offline  
Old 05-10-2013, 07:24 AM   #794
Senior LCF Member
 
Genie80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 732
Gallery: Genie80
WOE: Slimming World
Start Date: Re-start 09.18.13
Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
DS14 was a bit discouraged yesterday. He was walking to his job (at the Veternary Clinic) he had his headphones on but had not turned on the music yet. 3 A-holes were walking behind them and made a comment about smacking his FAT A $$! Then made several other comments. He took the head phones off and said, KNOCK it off guys.

REALLY???? was that necessary. DS14 was not bothering them. Looking at them, doing anything to trigger them! I told him, you keep working toward your VET plans. Just remember, AFTER high school the only time you will have to speak with them is when they ask if you want FRIES with your meal! LOSERS!!!!!!!!! Makes me so freaking mad!
*sigh* kids are mean
I was bullied at school because was different, liked different music, wore different clothes etc,. I'm now glad I was different but I don't envy any kid of that age x
Genie80 is offline  
Old 05-10-2013, 11:35 AM   #795
Way too much time on my hands!
 
zipp2play's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Kansas
Posts: 10,876
Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
He should be so proud of himself for keeping to his plan! Just a stray comment can so easily derail us, and he didn't let it. He's an amazing kid, and will be an amazing adult, I can tell just from reading your posts. Those kids obviously are mean and insecure, and that's probably the kind of adults they'll be.
LCG that is exactly what I told him! I was very proud it didn't derail him. It would have me at that age. I would have been face deep in a BUCKET of ice cream and PBJ's
zipp2play is offline  
Old 05-10-2013, 11:35 AM   #796
Way too much time on my hands!
 
zipp2play's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Kansas
Posts: 10,876
Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Gina I think you are perfect just the way you are!
zipp2play is offline  
Old 05-10-2013, 02:35 PM   #797
Senior LCF Member
 
squirrel watch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 150
Gallery: squirrel watch
Stats: 5'6"~202/186/140~29yrs
WOE: Atkins <25g + JUDDD
Start Date: LoCarb:4-14-13/JUDDD: 5-13-13
On a lighter note...when you post about your kids, I thought the number was the order in which they were born. silly me!

I was like DS14? Dayammmm. You got a lot of kids
squirrel watch is offline  
Old 05-11-2013, 04:36 AM   #798
Senior LCF Member
 
LuckyLou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 281
Gallery: LuckyLou
Stats: 205/185/...
WOE: JUDD
Start Date: Late Aug 2012
Your DS sounds like a great kid. Coped with the situation SO well AND stuck to plan. Impressive! And he's only 14!!! Be proud of your boy and proud of yourself... You're doing something right

Have a lovely weekend. I love the days you described too- surrounded by family, relaxing and enjoying each other. What it's all about
LuckyLou is offline  
Old 05-12-2013, 05:38 AM   #799
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: southwest Ohio
Posts: 951
Gallery: windygap
Stats: Ex:166/136/130
WOE: Atkins now doing JUDDD and lowcarb
Start Date: April28,2013JUDDD start June 16' 2013
It sounds like he did great. He has his mind made up and he kept looking forward. Sounds like you did a great job with him. Happy Mothers Day to all of you!
windygap is offline  
Old 05-12-2013, 07:11 AM   #800
Major LCF Poster!
 
Sirtain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: DFW area
Posts: 1,745
Gallery: Sirtain
Stats: 202then/154March/Xnow/140soon
WOE: Paleo+JUDDD
Start Date: March 2013
Good for him for saying something to them.

I'd like to share a story from my husband. He has told it to our children a couple times. He's a great guy, but like all of us, has times when he can be a jerk.

When he has a teenager, out walking one day, he saw an overweight guy about his age coming towards him. He had some 'fatty' remark ready, that he was going to toss at him. He doesn't even know why. (He'd had teasing himself, maybe he felt this guy was a safe 'target' that he could get some of his own back at?)

Just before he was about to open his mouth, the kid smiled at him, and said 'hi'. He was surprised, thrown off his stride, and said 'hi' back instead of his mean remark. Afterwards, he really got to thinking about choosing to be friendly instead of neutral, or mean. He believes it changed him for life, in a very positive way.

Never saw that kid again, but his impact will last forever, and has made my husband a better person. And maybe he's passed it on to others.
Sirtain is offline  
Old 05-13-2013, 01:38 AM   #801
Senior LCF Member
 
Genie80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 732
Gallery: Genie80
WOE: Slimming World
Start Date: Re-start 09.18.13
Sirtain - Love the story about your husband

Monica - Hope you've had a great weekend x
Genie80 is offline  
Old 05-13-2013, 06:09 AM   #802
Way too much time on my hands!
 
zipp2play's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Kansas
Posts: 10,876
Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrel watch View Post
On a lighter note...when you post about your kids, I thought the number was the order in which they were born. silly me!

I was like DS14? Dayammmm. You got a lot of kids
Now that is hilarious!!!!!! Thankfully, NO I only have 2 children. The number is their age!
zipp2play is offline  
Old 05-13-2013, 06:11 AM   #803
Way too much time on my hands!
 
zipp2play's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Kansas
Posts: 10,876
Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtain View Post
Good for him for saying something to them.

I'd like to share a story from my husband. He has told it to our children a couple times. He's a great guy, but like all of us, has times when he can be a jerk.

When he has a teenager, out walking one day, he saw an overweight guy about his age coming towards him. He had some 'fatty' remark ready, that he was going to toss at him. He doesn't even know why. (He'd had teasing himself, maybe he felt this guy was a safe 'target' that he could get some of his own back at?)

Just before he was about to open his mouth, the kid smiled at him, and said 'hi'. He was surprised, thrown off his stride, and said 'hi' back instead of his mean remark. Afterwards, he really got to thinking about choosing to be friendly instead of neutral, or mean. He believes it changed him for life, in a very positive way.

Never saw that kid again, but his impact will last forever, and has made my husband a better person. And maybe he's passed it on to others.
That is an amazing story. Made me all warm inside! Thank you for sharing it with me
zipp2play is offline  
Old 05-13-2013, 06:12 AM   #804
Way too much time on my hands!
 
zipp2play's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Kansas
Posts: 10,876
Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
I had a great weekend. Food was a bit of a mess. Friday/Yesterday were more UUAD's, Saturday was a mid day (AT BEST). Today I am right back on plan! My Mom ended up really sick yesterday so I wasn't even able to see her. Instead we got together with my sister/BIL. It was fun too, just not the same!

Here's to a GREAT on plan week everyone!
zipp2play is offline  
Old 05-13-2013, 06:34 AM   #805
Senior LCF Member
 
Aleina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Argentina
Posts: 874
Gallery: Aleina
Stats: 224/ 172.9 31 Jan /150
WOE: Epi Paleo
Start Date: 15 Nov 2012 various WOES
Sorry to hear aout your Mom. Hope she is better soon.
Have a great week yourself !
Aleina is offline  
Old 05-13-2013, 06:49 AM   #806
Senior LCF Member
 
Genie80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 732
Gallery: Genie80
WOE: Slimming World
Start Date: Re-start 09.18.13
Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrel watch View Post
On a lighter note...when you post about your kids, I thought the number was the order in which they were born. silly me!

I was like DS14? Dayammmm. You got a lot of kids
Do explain the DH, DD & DS to me... I'm missing something really obvious here aren't I?
Genie80 is offline  
Old 05-13-2013, 08:32 AM   #807
Big Yapper!!!!
 
LoCarbGal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 9,155
Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Sirtain, I just love that story about your DH. What a great impact that boy had!

Monica, so sorry about your mom being sick. Hope she's on the mend!
LoCarbGal is offline  
Old 05-13-2013, 10:12 AM   #808
Senior LCF Member
 
joytotheworld's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Southern California
Posts: 145
Gallery: joytotheworld
Stats: 259/245/139
Start Date: 4/22/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genie80 View Post
Do explain the DH, DD & DS to me... I'm missing something really obvious here aren't I?
Darling Husband, Darling Daughter, and Darling Son

I actually know something for once!
joytotheworld is offline  
Old 05-13-2013, 10:13 AM   #809
Senior LCF Member
 
joytotheworld's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Southern California
Posts: 145
Gallery: joytotheworld
Stats: 259/245/139
Start Date: 4/22/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
DS14 was a bit discouraged yesterday. He was walking to his job (at the Veternary Clinic) he had his headphones on but had not turned on the music yet. 3 A-holes were walking behind them and made a comment about smacking his FAT A $$! Then made several other comments. He took the head phones off and said, KNOCK it off guys.

REALLY???? was that necessary. DS14 was not bothering them. Looking at them, doing anything to trigger them! I told him, you keep working toward your VET plans. Just remember, AFTER high school the only time you will have to speak with them is when they ask if you want FRIES with your meal! LOSERS!!!!!!!!! Makes me so freaking mad!

That's horrible!!! I can't believe kids are so mean I'm glad your son stayed strong tho! Good for him
joytotheworld is offline  
Old 05-13-2013, 11:23 AM   #810
Way too much time on my hands!
 
zipp2play's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Kansas
Posts: 10,876
Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genie80 View Post
Do explain the DH, DD & DS to me... I'm missing something really obvious here aren't I?
DH - darling husband

DD11 - my daughter Haven who is currently 11 (Darling daughter)

DS14 - my son Tristan who is currently 14 (Darling son)
zipp2play is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:54 AM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.