LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2012, 11:58 AM   #31
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Solomiam
Stats: 182/178
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 7/25/2011
Hello Twyla,

Sorry bout asking you a question about coffee on this thread but I cannot find the other thread regarding this...I read somewhere you drink half & half with your coffee, I do as well. Do I count the carbs in the half and half?
Solomiam is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-03-2012, 12:04 PM   #32
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: h82bl8
Stats: 220/170
WOE: what works for me
Start Date: Apr. 2013
Thanks Twyla!! Yeah the ball is over there. I have received an email, but have not wanted to answer it.
h82bl8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 05:25 AM   #33
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I posted a long and detailed message yesterday but when I submitted it the boards were being "worked on" so it nevergot posted. I am so bummed, but oh well I will update as soon as I can.
Old 05-09-2012, 07:17 AM   #34
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yesterday's totals:

1,570 cal

carbs - 81 minus 26 fiber 55 14%

fat - 80gr - 46 %

protein - 132gr - 34%

I worked ub yesterday and 25 minutes on the treadmill!!
Old 05-09-2012, 06:20 PM   #35
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Took body strength class. Feel good!
Old 05-10-2012, 02:43 AM   #36
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: WATCH-ME-SHRINK
Stats: 168, Size 12/138 lowest/goal 148 5'7
WOE: Carb rotations/mod carb
Quote:
Originally Posted by h82bl8 View Post
I posted a long and detailed message yesterday but when I submitted it the boards were being "worked on" so it nevergot posted. I am so bummed, but oh well I will update as soon as I can.
Don't you wanna scream when that happens? I've done that countless times.

Too many times that it's taught me to try to remember to copy my post to the clipboard before I hit PREVIEW or SUBMIT when I type long responses.

Hoping you've had a better week than last and have regained focus on things that matter the most to you. You are becoming a stronger person with these lessons and attitudes by putting them in action -- both inside and out.

WATCH-ME-SHRINK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 05:28 AM   #37
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks for posting in my journal Twyla, I feel so privileged!! You are absolutely correct that there is something good in everyday. Today will be difficult because I have to talk about a co-workers iinprofessional behavior. All thoughts and prayers are appreciated.
Old 05-11-2012, 07:02 AM   #38
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yesterday turned out to be a HC day. Dinner was out to a Hibachi restaurant. I managed to stay away from the rice and sushi. But I ate some pan fried dumplings.

Here are yesterday's totals:

2,083 cal

carbs 24%
protein 27%
fat 48%
Old 05-14-2012, 06:58 AM   #39
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

What a weekend of emotional stress and non-eating. Friday was great food wise- I had some fantastic wings that were fried but not coated with ranch dressing. We joined our best friends for their 40th wedding anniversary at a latino restaurant that had live salsa music. I was not hungry. We danced and had an awesome time. Saturday we went to breakfast at Denny's and dh and I shared a flat bread - I ate the top off of it and by the time my breakfast came I was not hungry. ( By the way denny's has a great meal for $4.00. Chicken (grilled or fried) with two types of sauces, buffalo or barbeque, with lettuce and shredded cheese, wrapped in tortillas. The chicken is all breast meat chunks.) I took the chicken minus the tortillas home. They offer this with tortilla chips but I was allowed to sub celery sticks. I was not hungry at all the rest of the day. Around 8:30 we went to a Vietnamese restaurant and I had grilled chicken spring rolls and lettuce wraps. I was full with the spring rolls. Lettuce wraps went home. Yesterday I felt the same way as Saturday- not hungry. I wanted to stay home and enjoy the day but dh insisted that we go out for breakfast- Why ask me what I want to do if you are going to pout about not wanting to do what I would like to do? I ate some beef fajitas with cheese - maybe 2 oz? Not a whole lot. When we got home I cleaned out closets, washed and ironed from 9:30 until 4:30. I was never hungry. DH asked what I wanted for dinner I said we had alot of left overs and he said he was going to make some home made salsa. He left to go to the store and. He came back with wings- 1. Never did I say I wanted wings and 2. That is not the way to appologize. I ate 2 wings, some left over chicken and some celery. This morning I was not hungry but decided that I better have something in my tummy. I nuked 4 pieces of bacon. I am not hungry, but I know I have got to eat something.

2nd GOAL - to weigh 175 by Nov 2014

3rd GOAL - to weigh 165 by Dec 2014

4th GOAL - to weigh 150 by 9/19/15 When I turn 55.
Old 05-25-2012, 07:23 AM   #40
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Wow, I have not posted in 10 days- Can I say life gets in the way? Or should I say I allowed many negative things to get in the way? Accomplishments for this week-

worked out with a trainer twice, met up with a friend I had not seen in a while and had a good talk, and caught up on things, downloaded an awesome training program for free (yeah) all most of the massive amount of end of year school work has been completed!!

Not accomplished-

my food intake- some junk food was ingested, very little alcohol, but plenty of empty calorie carbs.

I am setting up a daily schedule for the summer so that I plan out my training, workout classes, and food. Most of June will be taken up to visit my mom, dr.'s appt, and training, but after mid- June I should be on a roll. I do not have a computer at home, but I will try to post through my android phone.
Old 05-25-2012, 12:57 PM   #41
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: WATCH-ME-SHRINK
Stats: 168, Size 12/138 lowest/goal 148 5'7
WOE: Carb rotations/mod carb
I like the way you think.

You're checking off the accomplishments.

Not dwelling on where you fell short.

Attitude.

It's all about attitude, girl!

WATCH-ME-SHRINK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 02:47 PM   #42
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm back!!
Old 02-25-2013, 09:37 AM   #43
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

The merry go round that I have been on has left me depressed, obese and with little self-esteem.

DH has not had a regular pay check since Oct, our savings are running low and I have never been in a position where I had to decide between filling the car with gas or buying groceries. I guess I've lived a sheltered life. It is so easy to be one paycheck away from being ruined. I know there are thousands of people out there who live with this scenario daily, and I am not here for sympathy only to release what is vented up inside of me. I had to let my gym membership go, but that's still not excuse for letting myself slide into the unhealthy hole I am in.

So now it's good bye to chips - you're temporary fix has only made me want you more. Good bye over eating and mindless feeding - I have not been concious of what I put in my mouth in a long time.

I know that I have the tools to make this work. It is up to me to keep the plan in place and stay on it.
Old 02-26-2013, 05:04 AM   #44
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Day one down! Felt good that I could follow the plan. I have been giving alot of thought to the way I've allowed some people to treat me. How this relates to my eating habits and my self esteem. I'm going to put a pair of big girl panties on and begin to speak up when I'm not happy with others.
Old 04-16-2013, 08:04 AM   #45
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I just wrote and lost my updates - I am so upset!
Old 04-16-2013, 08:04 AM   #46
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yesterday was day one and I did well. I even went to the gym for a 45 min workout!
Old 04-16-2013, 08:09 AM   #47
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I am hungry today -

B- 4 strips of bacon, coffee w/ hwc, splenda and 1 tsp of 1/2 and 1/2, 1 cheese stick

L- 4 lousiana dry rub wings, 1 tbls blue cheese dressing, salad

S- protein shake

D- spaghetti squash, olive oil, garlic, parm. cheese, shrimp

S - pork rinds and cream cheese (if needed) fat bomb
Old 04-16-2013, 08:45 AM   #48
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Wrote this once, lost it, here's my second attempt

Last year my ob/gyn told me I needed to look into a gastric sleeve. Who me? I'm not that big, I'm not super obese. I don't have problems walking, high bp, or diabetic. So what if my choles. is high- I can get that under control. So I made a bet with him and said that if I lost 50 lbs by my next appt. would he find me a plastic surgeon who would do a breast lift for minimal cost and he said yes. Did that motivate me -no. That was June of last year and I was 228 lbs at 5' 2". Of course I could lose the weight, I had a year. The school year started - no pants would zip, "That's fine I can wear my stretch pants." Soon I was rotating the same 4 pants and washing some of them twice a week so that I could have something to wear. I was even wearing "dressy" warm-up pants thinking that they looked like regular pants. Did this motivate me - NO! Oct. 26th was my dh last "regular" pay check. There had been an accident caused by a temp worker while my dh was on vacation and the company, with only 2 employees, was forced to pay $35,000.00 in damages. So dh did not receive a pay check from Oct. 27th - Jan 4. The Jan pay check was only for Dec. To this day the company is 5 pay checks behind. So company is behind on that and they are supposed to reimberse me for his ins. which they have not. Bills started to plie up and my eating plan was out the roof. March - same pant rotation, Dh - started to get paid and tax return indicated that we were getting $$ back- yeah! Started paying on bills that were behind and started to feel a little better. Had not returned to the gym since Feb. 1st - no $$, no gym. I did not want to walk around the park, did not want to let anyone know what was going on because when I did tell my mother - she was not supportive. So I kept everything to myself. Insurance biometric screening - obese, low sugar (yeah), good choles 80 (wow), total choles 200!, bp normal. DH has been on bp, diabetes and chol meds for years - has this been a wake up call for me - NO! April was hit with some news that I did not expect and will not elaborate on. Since Feb. my knees have been hurting - I did not want this feeling to become an everyday thing or something that I would get so used to I could blame on age (52). So here I am re-re-re-re-restarting and shuffling to LC. It worked for me in 2001 and after hundreds of starts and stops I am willing to give it my all. I also started back at the gym yesterday. I have nothing to lose but weight.
Old 04-17-2013, 07:29 AM   #49
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Went to yoga yesterday for the first time in years - feeling that familiar pain, so I know I did a good job. Some of the ladies in the class are in their 60s and it is amazing how flexible they are!! I am truly amazed at what yoga can do for the body.

Got home and dh received a paycheck!! He took me out to a hole in the wall that we love to go to. It's got good and cheap Mexican food. Had our fill of queso flameado with beef and shrimp. We shared a plate of grilled beef, chiicken and shrimp. No rice, beans or tortillas for me- I ordered some lettuce, tomato and cheese to eat with my dinner. We had so much left over we are having it for dinner tonight.

Won't make it to the gym today, I have a meeting. But Iwill be there tomorrow.

Today's menu-

B- grilled turkey with cheese and 2 tomato slices

S -1/2 Atkins shake

L- spaghetti squash with shrimp, olive oil and parm

S- 1/2 bag of peanuts

D- grilled shrimp, chicken and beef, spring mix salad, avocado, queso flameado
Old 01-08-2014, 06:17 AM   #50
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm sitting at my desk and all of a sudden I start to feel bloated, ck my wrist and my watch is feeling tight on it, my fingers are swollen, I feel What is happening to me? I know what it is, of course I've fallen off any and all plans, my blood pressure is up, my cholesteral is through the roof, so I've decided to write here at least twice a week and share what I eat, what form of exercise I've done and how I feel. I will be back later today to write what I have eaten.