Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2012, 12:42 PM   #91
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: marylouise
Stats: 300 / 154.8 / 150-5'3"- 61 YR.
WOE: 72` DADR with the List!
Start Date: March 1, 2011
BUT I am NOT CRAVING FOOD! Just the opposite....
marylouise is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-12-2012, 07:14 PM   #92
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: steady
Stats: 110/95 5'2
WOE: ATKINS
Start Date: Feb 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeaniem View Post
Thanks Steady I know you are right, but I am so sick of trying. I can't get motivated because I know deep down it will only be a matter of days before I binge again. I have very dark thoughts too and hang on for my husband and disabled son. I feel like hell, my face is all broken out and haven't even showered for two days.
I've been there too...it even seems like "work" to shower. You are very deserving of a nice soak in the tub and a home facial.
steady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 12:13 PM   #93
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mad4Chillas
Stats: S-16 C-16 G-4
WOE: Atkins Induction/Meat & Egg Fasting
Start Date: 4/5/11 & 1/13/14
Quote:
Thanks Steady I know you are right, but I am so sick of trying. I can't get motivated because I know deep down it will only be a matter of days before I binge again. I have very dark thoughts too and hang on for my husband and disabled son. I feel like hell, my face is all broken out and haven't even showered for two days.
Mad4Chillas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 06:29 PM   #94
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: jeaniem
Stats: 166/138.6/?
WOE: lc
Finally made it one day without overeating or binging. DH made reservations for a 3 day getaway for June 17-20. I have got to get myself together so I can enjoy myself.

I am reading a book titled The Beck Solution and as suggested in the book have made a set of motivational/reminder cards that consist of the reasons I want to lose weight. I am supposed to read the cards a couple of times a day to help me stay on track, or when I am having sabotaging thoughts.

Last edited by jeaniem; 05-14-2012 at 06:30 PM..
jeaniem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 03:41 PM   #95
Big Yapper!!!!

Another good eating day, pulled out the cards and read them a few times does seem to help me keep focused on my goals. I think the cards will change with time as my goals change. I am pondering what kind of diet I want to follow. I am sick of fatty meat. I hate the way my house and kitchen smells from cooking greasy foods all the time.
Old 05-15-2012, 04:05 PM   #96
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Another good eating day, pulled out the cards and read them a few times does seem to help me keep focused on my goals. I think the cards will change with time as my goals change. I am pondering what kind of diet I want to follow. I am sick of fatty meat. I hate the way my house and kitchen smells from cooking greasy foods all the time.
Good for you Jeanie! I have also decided to call it quits with the binging, I just have to. So in compromise I am allowing myself one last binge tonight before I go cold turkey. I need to get my health back under control, and I think I just need to face the music. Hopefully, I wont be far behind you and your 2 days of cleaning eating. My first goal is to go 2 weeks without a binge purge session, and then we'll see from there

Good luck and best wishes
Old 05-15-2012, 05:19 PM   #97
Big Yapper!!!!

Hope you can get it out of your system and become binge free Mariah.

Do you think a high protein lower fat diet is healthy? I am sick of grease and fat! I am thinking cottage cheese, protein shakes, lean meats and chicken.
Old 05-15-2012, 05:29 PM   #98
Major LCF Poster!

I think high protein lower fat would be just fine, if a lot of fat is making you sick then cut back, listen to your body. I think if you can sustain any particular way of eating for a long time and be comfortable with it, its worth a shot!
Old 05-15-2012, 11:13 PM   #99
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
While I like fatty meats, i don't overdo it. I tend to focus on higher protein...I just feel better to. No guilt, no wonder if I ate too many calories.
Old 05-16-2012, 02:43 PM   #100
Big Yapper!!!!

Wow Steady while reading this Beck book I am seeing a lot of the advice that you have given me. I can't expect perfection (although a few here are on 100%), and making a mistake doesn't need to be the start of a backlash.
Old 05-16-2012, 06:16 PM   #101
Big Yapper!!!!

Day 3 down! Easy weights/walk combo workout. Losing the bloat feels so good!
Old 05-16-2012, 06:57 PM   #102
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Day 3 down! Easy weights/walk combo workout. Losing the bloat feels so good!
Im so happy for you Jeanie! You are an inspiration to me, truly
Old 05-17-2012, 02:13 PM   #103
Big Yapper!!!!

How are things going for you Mariah?
Old 05-17-2012, 03:54 PM   #104
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Wow Steady while reading this Beck book I am seeing a lot of the advice that you have given me. I can't expect perfection (although a few here are on 100%), and making a mistake doesn't need to be the start of a backlash.

I never read The Beck solution, but heard great things about it from a former LCFer. I just know you are finding your way. I am glad it is working for you!
Old 05-17-2012, 06:36 PM   #105
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by steady View Post
I never read The Beck solution, but heard great things about it from a former LCFer. I just know you are finding your way. I am glad it is working for you!
Thanks. Do you find that you do better with a strict eating/exercise plan or a more relaxed plan?
Old 05-17-2012, 10:36 PM   #106
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Thanks. Do you find that you do better with a strict eating/exercise plan or a more relaxed plan?
That is funny you ask. I use to eat more intuitively, but realized that I was listening to the "lower" brain, not my true gut. So now I eat more structured. I have set 3 meals, but eat according to hunger at those set times. However I must eat *something*. Breakfast is still not appealing to me, which is so odd, because I grew up always living for breakfast. I just have a little yogurt or a cheese stick, but again, I make myself eat *something*, but only to the level of hunger. Does that make any sense to you? I can't believe how much this is working for me...after a few weeks, meals are more balanced (less overate/less undereats, which makes me feel more in control of my weight and health.

Exercise, after years of compulsive exercise and then years doing nothing because I was so burnt out and had no energy while LCing. I decide I love what exercise does for my body, but I don't want it to be a huge time consuming part of my life. NO more "beat down" workouts for me, I exercise about 1/2 hour of mildly challenging exercise...a 3 mile jog, moderate weightlifting, slow but high tension elliptical, etc. PT sessions are more intense though...they are 2-30 min/ week. I workout about 1-3 times a week on my own. I don't sweat it anymore, as long as I do "something". Sadly sometimes I even count my hour dog walk/jog as exercise.

I've been out of the working world for a few years now. So my meals had been "whenever" I want. Reality tells me, working out moderately is best and eating regular meals (no matter how small/big) is the only way I am going to be able to function and maintain my weight, long term.

Last edited by steady; 05-17-2012 at 10:38 PM..
Old 05-18-2012, 05:03 PM   #107
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks Steady.

I am getting the Beck workbook and plan to follow her plan faithfully for the 6 weeks. Now I am doing high protein, moderate fat lower carb. Although that is my diet plan I am also going to allow some flexibility in that if I really want something I am going to have it and make it more of a calorie counting day. Beck suggests this a Plan A and then a Plan B if need be. I love her advice that if we eat something not planned to not make it an excuse to binge or overeat. It is just food and we are human so get over it and commit to getting right back on plan next meal.

Last edited by jeaniem; 05-18-2012 at 05:05 PM..
Old 05-18-2012, 08:23 PM   #108
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cheddarcheeks
WOE: LC
Start Date: August 1, 2010
Hi Jeanie,
Just wanted to say that I'm happy to see that you're doing better. Was a bit worried a few pages back.
I know you probably don't remember much about me, but I do remember you from the C25K thread a long while back, and I always found your posts to be very encouraging, and you to be a very level-headed person who takes nutrition seriously. It makes me really happy to see that you've got a plan that is putting the spark back in to this stuff for you. Keep up the good work, you deserve it!!!
Old 05-19-2012, 08:49 AM   #109
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
How are things going for you Mariah?
Things could be better, I had a doctor's appointment yesterday and lets just say when being treated for an eating disorder losing 15lbs in a month is not a good thing. However my blood pressure and pulse rate are back to normal. The doctor upped my Prozac and wants me to consider getting into an inpatient program, I think this is crazy but I understand why he says that. I need to reevaluate myself and start setting boundaries that I actually stick to.

I just ordered a book off of Amazon for my kindle called 'Healing Your Hungry Heart' by Joanna Poppink. Ive only read a few chapters but I find it very interesting and have noticed I relate a lot to many of the things in the book. Very good read IMO. I hope it helps me out.

Your doing great Jeanie, keep up the strength
Old 05-19-2012, 04:32 PM   #110
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheddarcheeks View Post
Hi Jeanie,
Just wanted to say that I'm happy to see that you're doing better. Was a bit worried a few pages back.
I know you probably don't remember much about me, but I do remember you from the C25K thread a long while back, and I always found your posts to be very encouraging, and you to be a very level-headed person who takes nutrition seriously. It makes me really happy to see that you've got a plan that is putting the spark back in to this stuff for you. Keep up the good work, you deserve it!!!
Hi Cheddar. I do remember you I posted in your thread. I only do a little walk/jog routine these days. How about you?
Old 05-19-2012, 04:34 PM   #111
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad4Chillas View Post
Things could be better, I had a doctor's appointment yesterday and lets just say when being treated for an eating disorder losing 15lbs in a month is not a good thing. However my blood pressure and pulse rate are back to normal. The doctor upped my Prozac and wants me to consider getting into an inpatient program, I think this is crazy but I understand why he says that. I need to reevaluate myself and start setting boundaries that I actually stick to.

I just ordered a book off of Amazon for my kindle called 'Healing Your Hungry Heart' by Joanna Poppink. Ive only read a few chapters but I find it very interesting and have noticed I relate a lot to many of the things in the book. Very good read IMO. I hope it helps me out.

Your doing great Jeanie, keep up the strength

I hope the book is helpful. Have you read Beck's book? Take care of yourself okay.
Old 05-20-2012, 08:41 AM   #112
Big Yapper!!!!

Doing well. Decided to stop counting days per se and just focusing on one binge free day at a time.
Old 05-20-2012, 05:32 PM   #113
Big Yapper!!!!

So happy with myself! Hubby wanted to go out for an ice cream cone after dinner, so I planned it into my menu today. No guilt or thinking that I have someone blown it all now. Just a small coffee flavored ice cream cone from a really good place where the quality is excellent. I thoroughly enjoyed it and we got a 3 mile walk in too as we walked to get it!
Old 05-21-2012, 06:38 AM   #114
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
So happy with myself! Hubby wanted to go out for an ice cream cone after dinner, so I planned it into my menu today. No guilt or thinking that I have someone blown it all now. Just a small coffee flavored ice cream cone from a really good place where the quality is excellent. I thoroughly enjoyed it and we got a 3 mile walk in too as we walked to get it!
Thats awesome Jeanie! You must feel great

I overate at a Bridal Shower yesterday and then ate pizza with the BF

Gotta set some boundaries for myself.
Old 05-21-2012, 03:58 PM   #115
Big Yapper!!!!

Having a better day Mariah? I hope so, it is truly one day at a time...
Old 05-26-2012, 04:42 AM   #116
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

How r u, Jeanie?
Old 05-26-2012, 07:38 AM   #117
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Having a better day Mariah? I hope so, it is truly one day at a time...
Things are going better on day 3 of binge and purge free. How are you doing?
Old 05-26-2012, 08:41 AM   #118
Big Yapper!!!!

Doing okay, made it 8 days and then blew it. I finally got my Beck workbook in the mail yesterday and plan to follow the six week plan starting today. I am bummed as I somehow injured my shoulder and can't lift weights, but have been doing interval walking.
Old 05-28-2012, 10:08 PM   #119
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Doing okay, made it 8 days and then blew it. I finally got my Beck workbook in the mail yesterday and plan to follow the six week plan starting today. I am bummed as I somehow injured my shoulder and can't lift weights, but have been doing interval walking.
Thats alright Jeanie, one incident doesnt mean it has to snowball. Be strong. Im on day 5 here and its still a struggle but every day it gets a little easier.

Do the workouts help curb cravings for you? I always find exercise an excellent distraction, that is when I actually do it...
Old 05-29-2012, 05:45 PM   #120
Big Yapper!!!!

Hi Mariah
Been doing well for several days now as well! Exercise doesn't really seem to help me one way or another as far as avoiding binges. I can almost always be consistent with doing some form of exercise, it's the eating I struggle with, as you know all the exercise in the world can undo the effect of all the calories eaten while binging. Keep at it your birthday is getting close!