LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2012, 09:47 AM   #61
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: jeaniem
Stats: 166/145.6/?
WOE: lc
Quote:
Originally Posted by marylouise View Post
If all I am eating is eggs and meat and cheese with 8 green olives isn't that high protein?

They stop my craving and fill that hollow spot.
Yes, but I am talking less fat and higher protein for a while. In the past this has helped kill my appetite. Usually leaner meats, fish, chicken and protein shakes. I am so burned out on meat and eggs!
jeaniem is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-05-2012, 10:01 AM   #62
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mad4Chillas
Stats: S-16 C-16 G-4
WOE: Atkins Induction/Meat & Egg Fasting
Start Date: 4/5/11 & 1/13/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeaniem View Post
Yes, but I am talking less fat and higher protein for a while. In the past this has helped kill my appetite. Usually leaner meats, fish, chicken and protein shakes. I am so burned out on meat and eggs!
I think moderate fat and high protein is a good approach. I never find myself wanting to binge on meat/protein so I think its a good plan to dip your toe back into LC!

Hope you have a wonderful day Jeanie!
Mad4Chillas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 10:06 AM   #63
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks Mariah.

I swear sometimes I think I have a mental problem, I feel like a new person today, I slept 10 hours and woke up feeling optimistic again. Went out for a 3.5 mile run/walk and am planning on having a nice big chef salad soon.
Old 05-05-2012, 10:27 AM   #64
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Thanks Mariah.

I swear sometimes I think I have a mental problem, I feel like a new person today, I slept 10 hours and woke up feeling optimistic again. Went out for a 3.5 mile run/walk and am planning on having a nice big chef salad soon.
Yayy! I totally know what you mean though, I get like that too! Enjoy your salad
Old 05-05-2012, 03:37 PM   #65
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad4Chillas View Post

I have gone a week without binging, and it feels like a long time for me. I know how you feel, dont be ashamed. Last week I ate a whole loaf of bread with a stick of butter and cinnamon and sugar. I am pretty sure I can fit at least 5lbs of food in my stomach when it gets to that point as well.... Would be nice to know how to kick the binging urge for good wouldnt it?

My doctor has me on Prozac for bulimia and it helps with the urges, you should see your doctor for it. Its the only proven med for bulimia, but I bet it would work for the binging compulsion as well.
Mariah
I was reading this post again and was just wondering if you have found any patterns to binging. Do you know when it is coming? Thanks
Old 05-05-2012, 04:51 PM   #66
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: marylouise
Stats: 300 / 154.8 / 150-5'3"- 61 YR.
WOE: 72` DADR with the List!
Start Date: March 1, 2011
Quote:
I am burned out too but I must continue on to see my goal. I just must! If I regain back to 300 I will die.
marylouise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 05:06 PM   #67
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marylouise View Post
I am burned out too but I must continue on to see my goal. I just must! If I regain back to 300 I will die.
Let's make a plan. How about weekly workout/eating goals that we hold each other accountable to?
Old 05-05-2012, 05:10 PM   #68
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Let's make a plan. How about weekly workout/eating goals that we hold each other accountable to?
Sounds good to me!
Old 05-05-2012, 05:43 PM   #69
Blabbermouth!!!

What do you think about maybe posting a daily goal (the night before), and then posting whether we made the goal for the day. Does that make sense ha ha?

Like tomorrow I plan to walk 2 miles and do a upper body workout so I am stating my goal tonight and then tomorrow I post that I did it! Same for eating goals.

Last edited by jeaniem; 05-05-2012 at 05:47 PM..
Old 05-05-2012, 06:05 PM   #70
Blabbermouth!!!

That sounds like the perfect plan to me!

Tomorrow:

I will do 3 sets of 10 squats. I will do 3 sets of 10 sit-ups on my bed. Dont have room to lay on floor in this bus!

And I will not stop moving to the beat of this song^ until it is over.

AND most important I will stay to my food plan.

I wish I could walk but it is not safe enough here to get on highway and the chiggers and blood suckers will attack should I try to walk around the land.

We are on a major highway and I-40 is behind us......
Old 05-05-2012, 06:30 PM   #71
Blabbermouth!!!

Them drums get me every time! I had to add more bass! DH is having a good time watchin me move!
Old 05-05-2012, 06:46 PM   #72
Blabbermouth!!!

OH MY GOSH! I might shoulda picked a shorter song........................
Old 05-05-2012, 07:05 PM   #73
Blabbermouth!!!

I had that song on vinyl. Cant find it................................................ ..................

Download that song and you can set your world on fire!
Old 05-06-2012, 12:10 PM   #74
Blabbermouth!!!

Did 2.25 easy paced miles this morning and upper body weights. DH wants to do our fast paced 2 miles this evening.

Ate fatty pork ribs and scrambled eggs today, so I doubt I will be hungry for anything else.

My weekly plan is to run/walk or walk 20 miles this week and do weights twice.
Old 05-06-2012, 01:23 PM   #75
Blabbermouth!!!

~~~ CARBOHYDRATES WILL NOT RULE MY WORLD~~ I WILL DO THAT! ~~ :-)

Quote:
Did 2.25 easy paced miles this morning and upper body weights. DH wants to do our fast paced 2 miles this evening.

Ate fatty pork ribs and scrambled eggs today, so I doubt I will be hungry for anything else.

My weekly plan is to run/walk or walk 20 miles this week and do weights twice.

Just finished a 1.5 pound Angus strip steak. I ate the fat too. Earlier today I ate left over tuna salad. I used my sugar free Dukes mayo.

I will return when I have done my exercise. Got to let my steak digest a little first. .

Good for you on all that walking. I bet it made you feel good! I wish I could do the same. It is very hot here. That has nothing to do with not walking though. Not safe enough to walk where I live. And I can not handle them chiggers!
Old 05-06-2012, 01:50 PM   #76
Blabbermouth!!!

Have you seen these walking dvds in Walmart? They are nice for indoor workouts, if you have a dvd player. Also, she posts some of her walks free on youtube.

Last edited by jeaniem; 05-06-2012 at 02:13 PM..
Old 05-06-2012, 02:00 PM   #77
Blabbermouth!!!

No I have not seen them. Thank you for telling me about this!
Old 05-06-2012, 02:28 PM   #78
Blabbermouth!!!

I am back into ketosis, but am not sure I like it. I feel edgy and a little down.
Old 05-07-2012, 05:24 PM   #79
Blabbermouth!!!

Been reading a book titled Cardio Free that claims we should put all our effort into strength training and at the most do some leisure walking if we really want to make a change in our body composition. So I don't know..? By the way I suck at dieting.
Old 05-07-2012, 06:54 PM   #80
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Mariah
I was reading this post again and was just wondering if you have found any patterns to binging. Do you know when it is coming? Thanks
I often binge when I feel helpless or a loss of control about a situation in my life, and unfortunately thats quite often these days. I have clinical depression, anxiety, and BDD so the binge purge cycle momentarily takes my mind off of external things. I suppose I use it as a form of self-punishment. Although recently, my purging has been so violent, at times I just wish I would self destruct in order to teach myself a lesson (morbid I know).

However there are times I binge when its just 'convenient' or when Im bored or if I have restricted my food intake for a long long while. I would say though 90% of my 'eating issues' are related to my mood and environment though...

And more often than not, my binges dont just happen, I get the idea in my head and then all of a sudden I am buying $50 worth of junk food at walmart and then stopping off at Mcdonalds on my way home, pretty embarassing...

I usually binge on crap, but on a normal basis I dont the type of food I binge on, so I have to go out and get it, and I will do so without even thinking twice about it, just the fact that it might make me feel better for a short period of time. Im paranoid that the people at Walmart, the grocery store, and local fast food places know I live alone (and I frequent these places) and that Im eating all this crap by myself---and well, theyd be right.

I dont know if this helped, but if anything at least know you're not alone. Its a horibble thing we do to ourselves, but somehow I just dont see myself ever being 'cured' of it completely.
Old 05-07-2012, 10:37 PM   #81
Blabbermouth!!!

I ate on plan today. But I have not done anything to help my body get stronger. I am very ashamed of marylouise...........
Old 05-08-2012, 03:23 PM   #82
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad4Chillas View Post
I often binge when I feel helpless or a loss of control about a situation in my life, and unfortunately thats quite often these days. I have clinical depression, anxiety, and BDD so the binge purge cycle momentarily takes my mind off of external things. I suppose I use it as a form of self-punishment. Although recently, my purging has been so violent, at times I just wish I would self destruct in order to teach myself a lesson (morbid I know).

However there are times I binge when its just 'convenient' or when Im bored or if I have restricted my food intake for a long long while. I would say though 90% of my 'eating issues' are related to my mood and environment though...

And more often than not, my binges dont just happen, I get the idea in my head and then all of a sudden I am buying $50 worth of junk food at walmart and then stopping off at Mcdonalds on my way home, pretty embarassing...

I usually binge on crap, but on a normal basis I dont the type of food I binge on, so I have to go out and get it, and I will do so without even thinking twice about it, just the fact that it might make me feel better for a short period of time. Im paranoid that the people at Walmart, the grocery store, and local fast food places know I live alone (and I frequent these places) and that Im eating all this crap by myself---and well, theyd be right.

I dont know if this helped, but if anything at least know you're not alone. Its a horibble thing we do to ourselves, but somehow I just dont see myself ever being 'cured' of it completely.
It really can make you feel like your life is not worth living. It feels like I have no control.
Old 05-08-2012, 04:15 PM   #83
Blabbermouth!!!

I am on plan but no exercise, again!
Old 05-09-2012, 05:47 PM   #84
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Jeanie,

I saw this on Pinterest today and thought of us.

How are you doing today?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 166211042467795328_GKcJ7rGg_f.jpg (69.0 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg 165085142560899722_7YG9Tryi_f.jpg (26.6 KB, 3 views)
Old 05-10-2012, 09:38 AM   #85
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi Jeanie,

I ate on plan yesterday. Got several steaks to get my weight lose to start moving again. I have been eating eggs and steaks and bacon wit some cheese. I hope you are doing okay.
Old 05-10-2012, 08:18 PM   #86
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: steady
Stats: 110/95 5'2
WOE: ATKINS
Start Date: Feb 2007
Quote:
Been reading a book titled Cardio Free that claims we should put all our effort into strength training and at the most do some leisure walking if we really want to make a change in our body composition. So I don't know..? By the way I suck at dieting.

You know.. I gave up cardio for the most part because I never have the endurance to go more than 5 minutes, ok I am able to 5 miles, but not easy while lcing. I will say, I focus on strength training for the past 2 years with my trainer and this year cardio...I am seeing the amazing results...I am leaning out. I do agree if one is in the beginning and also limited on time and/OR energy I would emphasize strength training. As hard as interval cardio is, I have to admit it is letting me see the abs I always knew I had.

I suck at dieting too, especially when I hit the cardio too hard...it increases my appetite beyond what I burned off.

I use to be an exercise junkie, now I don't think about it too much. I work out with a trainer twice a week and about 2-3 times myself, but it usually something pretty mellow and whatever I feel like...walk/jog the dogs 3 miles, stretch, yoga, resistance bands or light weights in our home gym.

Last edited by steady; 05-10-2012 at 08:24 PM..
steady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 06:48 PM   #87
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks for the posts everyone. I am not on plan at all and have been avoiding LCF purposefully the last few days. I am sick of it all. I don't like myself and feel disgusted. I eat and watch my weight go up every single day and don't even care anymore, back up in the 150's already. I feel like such a failure and wonder why low carb doesn't kill the cravings for me which is the promise of the all the LC diet docs.
Old 05-11-2012, 08:57 PM   #88
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: steady
Stats: 110/95 5'2
WOE: ATKINS
Start Date: Feb 2007
Quote:
Thanks for the posts everyone. I am not on plan at all and have been avoiding LCF purposefully the last few days. I am sick of it all. I don't like myself and feel disgusted. I eat and watch my weight go up every single day and don't even care anymore, back up in the 150's already. I feel like such a failure and wonder why low carb doesn't kill the cravings for me which is the promise of the all the LC diet docs.
The problem isn't your diet it is your attitude...LC isn't a panacea...it never got rid of cravings...I had to work at that from other angles. However, cravings usually are temporary, and you know, become less frequent the less we listen to them. Miracles don't happen with LC it is just another weightloss tool...it does nothing for cravings for most of us. If it did so much, then you would not hear more stories about falling off the wagon every Monday morning. You just have to choose not to be one of them...it is hard and just because you have fallen doesn't mean you can and shouldn't get up and try again as most of them do. We all have bad days, weeks and even years, you just have to realize the future doesn't have to be like it is now and the more you believe, truly believe this, the faster you will reach a happier period.

Jeanie...I had 2 years, I could have careless if I died and some days I hoped for it...the whole time I was LC and losing weight like crazy (I usually binge when I am unhappy). LC is no miracle, I kept most of my gloom to myself and to my journal on LCF. DH knew I had "internal issues I struggled with" but he had no idea how dark my thoughts were. I realize I just had to do just ONE thing towards what would make me happy everyday and I would get there...sadly some days, I thought that included an all day long binge. It wasn't. I just knew my diet, while fairly good except for those binges, was not going to solve all my issues with food and myself even if I cleaned it up. It still comes down to mindset...believe that tomorrow is going to be better because you make it better. Again just planning your happiness can make you happy, and it you get off course it is OK, just get back on track...no one beelines to goal and no point in taking path of the downward spiral, it takes you nowhere.

Baby steps, get yourself out of your funk...it may meaning just sitting outside for 10 minutes, listening to music, creating a beautiful salad, etc. Just do something...it may not feel good or even worth it, just do something you would like to do. Don't even worry about your diet, cravings, etc. do things that make them comfortable. Diet issues are not the issue, it is just a symptom. You will get to the point where diet will fall into line. I promise you...you will get there, but the focus can't be diet or weightloss.

Remember my post about cyclical thoughts and moods...it is about a month since the last time you went wayward. I really would use your journal to record moods not just cravings or diet struggles.

I am not trying to be harsh...I just think your focus is not on the right things. I know I always through that all my issues would disappear with losing weight and being healthy...it only took away about 50% of them and the 50% remains could only disappear with years of learning acceptance, learning flexibility, yet being focus on my true goals.

Last edited by steady; 05-11-2012 at 08:59 PM..
steady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 07:58 AM   #89
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks Steady I know you are right, but I am so sick of trying. I can't get motivated because I know deep down it will only be a matter of days before I binge again. I have very dark thoughts too and hang on for my husband and disabled son. I feel like hell, my face is all broken out and haven't even showered for two days.
Old 05-12-2012, 12:41 PM   #90
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Jeanie every word you have said is true for me too......................e.v.e.r.y.w.o.r.d.