Week 2: 4/23-4/29

Mon- Rest-
Tues-weights/walk combo-
Wed- Walk/stationary bike-
Thurs-Walk-
Friday-Unplanned rest
Saturday-Weights/walk-
Sunday-Walk

Birthday party was fun! Stayed on plan, but I REALLY wanted some of the birthday cake. Maybe next year, right now I know I could not handle it without going overboard.
jeaniem is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-2012, 07:39 AM   #32
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: jeaniem
Stats: 166/138.6/?
WOE: lc
Trying to keep perspective, but up 3lbs. from chef salad, 2 deviled eggs and a hot dog!
Old 04-29-2012, 11:29 AM   #33
Big Yapper!!!!

Week 2: 4/23-4/29

Mon- Rest-
Tues-weights/walk combo-
Wed- Walk/stationary bike-
Thurs-Walk-
Friday-Unplanned rest
Saturday-Weights/walk-
Sunday-Walk/mowed lawn-

Really struggling today with thoughts of binging. Been trying to keep busy and remind myself of all the reasons not to binge, but it is really nagging at me. I think it is hormonal,I feel down in the dumps today and low on energy. Took some 5htp to see if it will pass.

Last edited by jeaniem; 04-29-2012 at 11:31 AM..
Old 04-29-2012, 11:41 AM   #34
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: steady
Stats: 110/95 5'2
WOE: ATKINS
Start Date: Feb 2007
I get that way too Jeanie, everything bothers me as an excuse to binge...feeling tired, just wanting *something* with no repercussions, and jealous of DH "energy". Let it pass, the guilt post binge will make you feel worse...this is the moment to break the downward spiral. You can do it. Relax...make it a lazy beautiful Sunday now that you mowed the lawn/walked.
steady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 12:24 PM   #35
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks Steady. I really appreciate you reading my journal and inspiring me. It seems so many people leave LCF once they reach maintenance.
Old 05-01-2012, 07:45 PM   #36
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey girl, hope you are hanging in there. Stop in and tell us what's going on when you have a chance.
Old 05-02-2012, 12:45 PM   #37
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: marylouise
Stats: 300 / 154.8 / 150-5'3"- 61 YR.
WOE: 72` DADR with the List!
Start Date: March 1, 2011
Hi Jeanie

I have been thinking a lot about you and how you are doing. I hunted you down. I miss our workouts. 72 thread is keeping me on my toes. I haven't lost enough to even take a look at. Seems weightloss can really slow way down! I am still doing what I've been doing. I did stop the HWC today! I also am giving up the Hazel nut in my coffee. Trying to get back to that wonderful hot spot.

I hate I did not know it was your mama's birthday! Please tell her and
belated wishes. Also tell her she raised a wonderful daughter and a wonderful friend. Jeanie you are a very sweet, kind person.

This weight loss struggle confuses me. for a year I was burning tons of the fluff and now it is just a few ounces here and there! I am truly perplexed. I wish Dr. A was here. I'm still reading the book Kitty sent me, the DANDR. He does have much more thoughts about losing. It is just that he still has not helped me to understand why weight loss stops and how to restart it....

Is it true many that reach maintenance leave LCF? Dang they must be strong as an OX. I couldn't ever leave this site. Well I may get kicked or bared from here if they get tired of all the memory I am sucking up. I do talk a lot. I just got a lot to say. I have been silent for most of my life. My DH said I didn't say 2 words the first years of our marriage. Now he says I chatter all the time!

I have taken myself back in time to recall all the food I have ate since last March 2011. I even went to Fat Secrets. No help there really because I was trying to change my WOE to the new book Dr. A didn't write. I am NOT talking bad about the book. It just didn't help me.

Oh yea I would have had to get several meat patties with tons of their lettuce and pickles. Plus got them to melt several slices of cheese on my meat. Might have cost a ton, but I would have had a smile and content purrrrrr

I wish we could help each other figure this out. Both of us deserve to reach and keep our GOAL!

One of my nieces texed me today to say hello. I told her I have lost 123 pounds and she thought I said I weighed 123! WOW life would be GRAND
I told her I want to weigh 130 pounds. I want to know what it feels like to weigh 130 pounds!

I WANT 2 KNOW WHAT IT FEELS LIKE TO WEIGH 130 POUNDS!

You know this was getting me down. NOT now! Now I am pissed off!
I am so I could spit nails!

It's NOT fair! What have I done to deserve this fat body! Who have I hurt to need to be punished this way?
I try to love my neighbor. I am kind to kids and I don't kick dogs. So just what have I done to be cheated out of a wonderful small healthy body and a fun life!

So many people never ever have to give food a second thought. They never have ever been a different weight, since they got full grown. WHY????
why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why!

Jeanie I want to ask you something. Do you go to bed sometimes with your belly puching out and wake up and your ribs are poking thru your skin and your belly sunk in? Then a few minutes later and after coffee have your belly puched back out again?!

This really confuses me. Makes me mad too.

You know that song you gave me by Karen Carpenter. I have wondered so many times how one comment could throw her such a hard punch that she starved herself to death! Why and how did she do that to herself. knowing full well she would die without food!

FOOD food food...the very word has me fired up.............................
I miss U
marylouise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 02:00 PM   #38
Blabbermouth!!!

My thoughts and your thoughts and Dr. Atkins words are rolling around in my head. Have you read the DANDR? I haven't. This is my first time. When I read the 72' last year it was my first time. I am on page 58. I just read something that was almost a light bulb moment and it vanished from my grasp.

I'm going to the 72 to see if I can get it back......
Old 05-02-2012, 04:46 PM   #39
Big Yapper!!!!

I have reached a breaking point and am realizing that LC is not going to work for me, and a binger I will always be. I am just going to lurk here and see what happens.
Old 05-02-2012, 05:55 PM   #40
Blabbermouth!!!

I was and will always be a binger too. There has to be an answer out here somewhere.
Old 05-02-2012, 06:01 PM   #41
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mad4Chillas
Stats: S-16 C-16 G-4
WOE: Atkins Induction/Meat & Egg Fasting
Start Date: 4/5/11 & 1/13/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeaniem View Post
I have reached a breaking point and am realizing that LC is not going to work for me, and a binger I will always be. I am just going to lurk here and see what happens.
I binge too, attempting recovering bulimic

Its ok, LC is the only thing that really seems to work for me to keep my binging under control because it still allows me to eat an ample amount of food while still losing weight.

Hang in there!
Mad4Chillas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 06:50 PM   #42
Big Yapper!!!!

I am not even sure that LC actually lessens the frequency of the binges anymore, but it is healthier than the old low fat diet I used to eat, so I'll just do my best not to gain anymore more weight back.
Old 05-02-2012, 07:33 PM   #43
Blabbermouth!!!

Just to make sure I am correct here, a binge is defined as one who eats the whole gallon of whatever???
Old 05-02-2012, 07:45 PM   #44
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marylouise View Post
Just to make sure I am correct here, a binge is defined as one who eats the whole gallon of whatever???
When I am in binge state of mind I can literally eat my own body weight in food. Sad.
Old 05-03-2012, 01:38 PM   #45
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Sadly yes. I had a pint of ice cream, a 1lb. package of vienna finger cookies, and a large pack of peanut m&ms.
Old 05-03-2012, 03:37 PM   #46
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Sadly yes. I had a pint of ice cream, a 1lb. package of vienna finger cookies, and a large pack of peanut m&ms.

I have gone a week without binging, and it feels like a long time for me. I know how you feel, dont be ashamed. Last week I ate a whole loaf of bread with a stick of butter and cinnamon and sugar. I am pretty sure I can fit at least 5lbs of food in my stomach when it gets to that point as well.... Would be nice to know how to kick the binging urge for good wouldnt it?

My doctor has me on Prozac for bulimia and it helps with the urges, you should see your doctor for it. Its the only proven med for bulimia, but I bet it would work for the binging compulsion as well.
Old 05-03-2012, 03:52 PM   #47
Big Yapper!!!!

Mariah
How much has the Prozac helped? I have taken prozac and other AD's before and while they initially worked well in stopping the binges,the effect would wear off after a month or so.
Old 05-03-2012, 04:00 PM   #48
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Mariah
How much has the Prozac helped? I have taken prozac and other AD's before and while they initially worked well in stopping the binges,the effect would wear off after a month or so.
I still struggle with the urge to binge, but its much less of a compulsion to do it when Im regularily taking it. If im not on prozac nothing can deter my mind from food and stuffing myself silly (not even a lack of money or if all the grocery stores are closed-I will find something to eat). Sometimes I get the urge now, but its more easily quieted with a little thought and relaxation. I am on a large dose though, they intially started me on 20mg and then upped me to 40mg and then 60mg. They cant start you at a high dose becauses I suppose its quite a shock to the system.

Maybe you werent on a high enough dose last time? I really noticed the difference when my amount was increased, not so much for when I was just on the 20mg daily. I would really suggest seeing a therapist or a doctor (I used to see a psychiatrist, but went back to my doctor this time because I didnt 'have time' for weekly therapy), and it seems to be making my life a little better and not to mention its boosted my spirits.

Last edited by Mad4Chillas; 05-03-2012 at 04:02 PM..
Old 05-03-2012, 05:23 PM   #49
Big Yapper!!!!

I was doing so well, eating lc and getting in lots of exercise. Now I feel like a slug. It started when I went to my mom's birthday last Saturday and felt deprived not having any of the cake or other foods that I really wanted. It is a catch 22, eat them and I will only want more, or not eat them and feel deprived and end up eating them anyway. A never ending vicious cycle! I don't even know why I feel deprived they make me feel like crap because I can't have a reasonable amount.
Old 05-03-2012, 06:22 PM   #50
Blabbermouth!!!

My birthday, 4.19 my DIL made a refreshing strawberry cake. She put HWC,whipped with splenda on it. I tasted the top. I could NOT make myself eat more. IN front of anyone. Later I went back to get DH a piece to bring home. I could not stop myself. I got a bite of the cake and the top. I thought about that cake for days. Almost weeks. I had a box of the same cake mix in my basket today. I made it all the way to the check out lane. I took the cake mix and set it to the side. I am still thinking about that box mix.

I put my CO candy in the trash when I got back to the bus. I got Stevia today. Half the carbs and green growing out of the earth!......I got steaks today. I am going clean. I will start losing again! I also have 7 dozen eggs in the box! OH I also found SUGAR FREE DUKES MAYO AT WALMART!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!! IF I get money for mamas day I am going back and spending it all on the DUKES sugar free MAYO!

I AM RESTARTING clean!

I got 3 boxes of A bars too......
Old 05-03-2012, 06:30 PM   #51
Big Yapper!!!!

Marylouise
You know I love you so don't take this wrong, but if you want to eat clean I will try yet again right along with you, but those Atkins bars are evil!
Old 05-03-2012, 06:56 PM   #52
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad4Chillas View Post

Maybe you werent on a high enough dose last time? I really noticed the difference when my amount was increased, not so much for when I was just on the 20mg daily. I would really suggest seeing a therapist or a doctor (I used to see a psychiatrist, but went back to my doctor this time because I didnt 'have time' for weekly therapy), and it seems to be making my life a little better and not to mention its boosted my spirits.
Have you ever tried anything like 5htp? I usually feel worse on SSRI's, sluggish and numb to emotions. My wellbutrin helps a lot and actually I had a Dr. once tell me that she was surprised I didn't lose weight while taking it.
Old 05-03-2012, 08:56 PM   #53
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Have you ever tried anything like 5htp? I usually feel worse on SSRI's, sluggish and numb to emotions. My wellbutrin helps a lot and actually I had a Dr. once tell me that she was surprised I didn't lose weight while taking it.
No, I have never tried that. I don't necessarily feel numb to emotions on Prozac but I just think I am more optimistic and in a better mood that I was before, and definitely less anxious (and urges to binge are less frequent). If you aren't on birth control (because it makes it ineffective), I heard that Saint Johns Wort is supposed to help level out mood as well. Do you think you doctor would prescribe you a prescription for an appetite suppressant? That might work as well too, especially if its stronger than the OTC ones.

Ever try Hoodia?
Old 05-03-2012, 10:29 PM   #54
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I was doing so well, eating lc and getting in lots of exercise. Now I feel like a slug. It started when I went to my mom's birthday last Saturday and felt deprived not having any of the cake or other foods that I really wanted. It is a catch 22, eat them and I will only want more, or not eat them and feel deprived and end up eating them anyway. A never ending vicious cycle! I don't even know why I feel deprived they make me feel like crap because I can't have a reasonable amount.
I totally get this. I use to get a backlash of cravings thoughts from "restraining" at gathering, but I just decided even if I end up eating something "bad" later, it was still worth knowing I survived the situation...maybe next time I won't have the backlash maybe I can go even longer without a binge. After a while, I could care less about dessert, which I never thought would happen. You, me, and none of us will eat perfect ever, 10 days clean is better than none. Go for another 10 or maybe 12, why not work off your success over the last 10 days rather than abandoning it as if you didn't have a "good streak". You know, I found out through journaling I am very cyclical- constipation, moods, and even food cravings, they come like clockwork every month (not only around PMS either). It taught me not every day is going to be a good or easy day with regard to relations, eating, moods, or cravings, but I decide how I react to it. Again, making choices gives you control and when you have control you won't feel deprived or regretful.

Nothing is perfect. You binged and are still feeling down right now, and truthfully, realize you will probably binge again and feel down again sometime in the future, but better to make the most of the time in-between. It is the actions you take in the "good times" that will ultimately lessen the moods and binge frequency.

You are and were doing great, don't get too hung up with how you've been feeling and any destructive behavior, just realize tomorrow doesn't have to be like today. Pull yourself up and back at it. OK?

So, what's the plan...and I am not just talking diet here? Are you going to try Prozac again? I would just ask yourself if it didn't help you last time, why would it now. Not saying it won't help, just how can it this time. No AD works without a little behavioral/attitude modification.
Old 05-04-2012, 08:39 AM   #55
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad4Chillas View Post
No, I have never tried that. I don't necessarily feel numb to emotions on Prozac but I just think I am more optimistic and in a better mood that I was before, and definitely less anxious (and urges to binge are less frequent). If you aren't on birth control (because it makes it ineffective), I heard that Saint Johns Wort is supposed to help level out mood as well. Do you think you doctor would prescribe you a prescription for an appetite suppressant? That might work as well too, especially if its stronger than the OTC ones.

Ever try Hoodia?
I haven't tried Hoodia and St. John's wort messes with my hormones. I did ask for a AS at one point and Dr. prescribed the prozac instead. I guess like Steady said I just have to accept the good with the bad.
Old 05-04-2012, 08:56 AM   #56
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by steady View Post
I totally get this. I use to get a backlash of cravings thoughts from "restraining" at gathering, but I just decided even if I end up eating something "bad" later, it was still worth knowing I survived the situation...maybe next time I won't have the backlash maybe I can go even longer without a binge. After a while, I could care less about dessert, which I never thought would happen. You, me, and none of us will eat perfect ever, 10 days clean is better than none. Go for another 10 or maybe 12, why not work off your success over the last 10 days rather than abandoning it as if you didn't have a "good streak". You know, I found out through journaling I am very cyclical- constipation, moods, and even food cravings, they come like clockwork every month (not only around PMS either). It taught me not every day is going to be a good or easy day with regard to relations, eating, moods, or cravings, but I decide how I react to it. Again, making choices gives you control and when you have control you won't feel deprived or regretful.

Nothing is perfect. You binged and are still feeling down right now, and truthfully, realize you will probably binge again and feel down again sometime in the future, but better to make the most of the time in-between. It is the actions you take in the "good times" that will ultimately lessen the moods and binge frequency.

You are and were doing great, don't get too hung up with how you've been feeling and any destructive behavior, just realize tomorrow doesn't have to be like today. Pull yourself up and back at it. OK?

So, what's the plan...and I am not just talking diet here? Are you going to try Prozac again? I would just ask yourself if it didn't help you last time, why would it now. Not saying it won't help, just how can it this time. No AD works without a little behavioral/attitude modification.

I won't try prozac or any AD again, they don't work for me. My wellbutrin is doing it's job overall, binging is more about the mind I know that, but that doesn't make it any easier for me to control it. I guess a lot of my frustration in all of this is I don't net any real weight loss or health gains because every step forward is two steps back. Low carb is all I got because it works better (not perfectly), than anything else that I have tried.

I was wondering about something. While at the cookout my sister and her husband who are doing a strict low/fat diet decided that for my Mom's birthday were going to have what they wanted and get right back on plan the next meal. I wonder if most people can do that? Also, something my sister said that struck me was that when she initially did Atkins and lost 75 pounds she suddenly started cravings sweets which she never really cared for beforehand.
Old 05-04-2012, 02:09 PM   #57
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Marylouise
You know I love you so don't take this wrong, but if you want to eat clean I will try yet again right along with you, but those Atkins bars are evil!
I love you too but without using the bars I dont think I can restart my weight loss. I am losing, but I cant stand to only lose a few ounces here and there. I know they are frankenfood. I am only going to use them this month.

I really dont know what else to do......

I am going to eat steak and eggs with 8 olives. And thats all I am going to eat.

I do hope you try again. You just cant let this fight with fluff beat you! And neither can I...
Old 05-04-2012, 02:56 PM   #58
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
I love you too but without using the bars I dont think I can restart my weight loss. I am losing, but I cant stand to only lose a few ounces here and there. I know they are frankenfood. I am only going to use them this month.

I really dont know what else to do......

I am going to eat steak and eggs with 8 olives. And thats all I am going to eat.

I do hope you try again. You just cant let this fight with fluff beat you! And neither can I...
What do the bars do for you? They make me crave real sweets and give me stomach pains

I want to try again, but to be honest I am finding I can't get motivated or excited at the possibility at that moment. The thought of meat and eggs makes me want to gag.

Last edited by jeaniem; 05-04-2012 at 03:31 PM..
Old 05-04-2012, 05:30 PM   #59
Big Yapper!!!!

Thinking of trying really high protein for a few days to see if it will stop the cravings.

Steady- I think I am going to start journaling like you mentioned, to see if I can find any patterns. I bet I will as I feel like some days of the month I am full on, and then bam attitude and appetite changes hit seemingly out of the blue. Maybe if I can see in black and white what may/may not be happening it will help.
Old 05-04-2012, 09:04 PM   #60
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Thinking of trying really high protein for a few days to see if it will stop the cravings.

Steady- I think I am going to start journaling like you mentioned, to see if I can find any patterns. I bet I will as I feel like some days of the month I am full on, and then bam attitude and appetite changes hit seemingly out of the blue. Maybe if I can see in black and white what may/may not be happening it will help.
If all I am eating is eggs and meat and cheese with 8 green olives isn't that high protein?

They stop my craving and fill that hollow spot.