Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2013, 11:33 AM   #361
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tobelowcarber
Stats: 136/121.4/120
WOE: my version of healthy diet mixed with JUDDD :)
Jeanie, maybe going away is associated with eating off plan and since this did not happen there is a disappointment. Just thinking out loud...
I hope in a day or two your mind will be back on LC train.
tobelowcarber is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-27-2013, 03:08 PM   #362
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: jeaniem
Stats: 166/145.6/?
WOE: lc
I think it is hormones maybe, I feel pms-ish instead of the hot flashes I was having the last few months. Got a good scare today while in the store I actually picked up m&m's and planned on buying them and eating them in the car. I came to my senses and put them back but man I am still so vulnerable and feel like all my efforts can just vanish in an instant! I bought almonds instead but even they are not a food I usually eat. I felt like crying when I left the store I hate this obsession with food!!!!
Old 08-27-2013, 03:31 PM   #363
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I am sorry to hear this, Jeanie Hormones are devil
Good for you for not picking the M&Ms. Maybe you can make some nice LC dish that you really enjoy.
Old 08-29-2013, 06:33 PM   #364
Blabbermouth!!!

back to zero. After 52 days I had a pretty bad carb binge. I need to really sit down and figure out what is the best course for me. Counting, no counting , a larger calorie range when needed, just stop dieting all together?
jeaniem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 12:46 AM   #365
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Jeanie, you are not back to zero. You had a one day off and you get back on LC train. Don't beat yourself up for 1 day. Big hugs
Old 08-30-2013, 04:08 AM   #366
Blabbermouth!!!

I am disappointed but have to get right back on track today. I need to decide if I should track or not, and if so what numbers to use

ETA: I am going to try the diet in Taubes book WWGF w/o counting and see how that works.

Last edited by jeaniem; 08-30-2013 at 04:15 AM..
Old 08-30-2013, 04:30 AM   #367
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Jeanie, so is it LC without counting calories? That could be good. You will eat till you are satisfied. It is pretty much what Atkins says, right? I hope this works good for you
Old 08-30-2013, 02:27 PM   #368
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hope you had better day today, Jeanie
Old 08-30-2013, 02:46 PM   #369
Blabbermouth!!!

Been another bad day I have to get myself together! When I get like this I don't even have the motivation to plan or shop for healthy foods. I had a very nice salad with protein mid morning and then was starved by afternoon. I didn't have any more food with me and ending up binging on junk food and snacks. I will probably fast as long as possible tomorrow and then do meat and eggs until I get my weight back down some. I will decide later on exactly how much weight I want to lose and which plan to follow.
Old 08-30-2013, 03:40 PM   #370
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh, sorry to hear that
Old 08-30-2013, 03:54 PM   #371
Blabbermouth!!!

Marika
I hope you will be around here some over the weekend, I really need the accountability the next couple of days. I know from past experience that the sooner I get back on track the easier it will get. Do you generally do the 20 carb via vegetables thing?
Old 08-30-2013, 04:43 PM   #372
Blabbermouth!!!

I feel like utter crap right now. Hiccups, indigestion, gas pains, reflux and zero energy. I want to refer to this thread next time I decide it is okay to stuff myself with carbs and remember how horrible I feel mentally as well as physically. In the last 23 hrs. I have eaten a box of trix ice cream bars, a package of reese cups, 2 cans of oreo cookies, choc. covered peanuts and pretzels, pint of starbucks ice cream, oatmeal pie, m&m's, teddy grahams and several hershey's kisses.
Old 08-30-2013, 05:43 PM   #373
Blabbermouth!!!

Plan to fast coffee/lemon water for 24 hrs. and then will focus on no more than 20 carbs and will set my goal weight to 135 lbs, a little higher than before ,but it will be more realistic for me.
Old 08-31-2013, 04:30 AM   #374
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Jeanie, I should be around this weekend, so if you need any support/accountability, I am here.

In my humble opinion, you should give SLD try. I know it sounds like hocus pocus but it helped me tremendously from day one. Do some reading on it. Because MCT oil did not work, it does not mean that other oils will not work.
If you don't want to do SLD, I totally understand.

I feel like I am the last person to advise but here are some of my thoughts.
I think you need to analyze where you went wrong that lead to this binge.
-was it not eating enough calories when your body was asking for more?
-was it not eating clean foods (too many prepared stuff like sausage, lc tortillas, bacon, etc)?
-was it not liking the number on the scale and that was messing up with your head ?

Maybe you can approach this new start with different ideas. If you were obsessing with calories before, this time don't count and don't check the scale. Or if you were not counting calories, you may want to try it now.
The reason why I like to count my calories/carbs and check the scale is to know where I am standing. If it is not working I can adjust the calories. I also feel that sometimes our bodies just need more calories and we should listen to the cues. It is better to over- indulge on LC food than go crazy on carbs in few days after we ignore the signals to eat more.

Past few days I stopped eating veggies because of my digestive issues. I think you should eat them after 2-3 days of meat and eggs. Also, don't do anything drastic like fasting because you feel guilty. If your body feels like fasting than by all means do it, but don't force it.

These are are just some of my humble thoughts, Jeanie.
I want you to success Jeanie, because I know how draining the binging can be.

Last edited by tobelowcarber; 08-31-2013 at 04:31 AM..
Old 08-31-2013, 08:14 AM   #375
Blabbermouth!!!

I think you need to analyze where you went wrong that lead to this binge.
-was it not eating enough calories when your body was asking for more?

The last week or so before the binges I was feeling more hunger which I mostly ignored if I felt I had eaten enough for the day- maybe I should in the future allow a protein snack when this happens.

-was it not eating clean foods (too many prepared stuff like sausage, lc tortillas, bacon, etc)?
I am going to try eating only fresh foods for the most part, I do have a little bacon I will use up in salads as a crunchy garnish.

-was it not liking the number on the scale and that was messing up with your
head?

I think so, I had that bump up for no reason that I could see and that odd day of menstrual spotting which threw me for a loop. I think the tipping point was when hubby and I went away for those two days it messed up my routine and I ate too many nuts as meals.

Thank you so much for helping me think this through Marika You're right I shouldn't fast and won't, but I do plan to not eat today until I truly get hungry. I am going to try really hard to stay off the scale so obsessively and go by how my clothes are fitting. At this point I don't even want to have a specific goal weight or track anything, I just want to focus on lc with the allowable veggies and try to weigh only at my TOPS meeting on Wed. nights. I want to make sure I get in some walks and strength training as well, that always makes me feel good. I took a little bit of the oil today just to get some fat in with my morning coffee but I don't think SLD is for me, but I will certainly keep an open mind.
Old 08-31-2013, 08:27 AM   #376
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

It sounds like a good plan, Jeanie
Old 08-31-2013, 09:08 AM   #377
Blabbermouth!!!

I don't think my new neighbors ever sleep. Started with their music at 10pm. last night and didn't stop until I called the police at 4am, now the music is back on and loud the last hour.
Old 08-31-2013, 03:32 PM   #378
Blabbermouth!!!

Had a good eating day, didn't count anything just made sure to only have veggie carbs. I can see it is going to take time to change my mindset as far as calculating numbers in my head and only weighing once a week. It is making me feel a little anxious but I am sure it will get better with time.
Old 09-01-2013, 03:47 AM   #379
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Old 09-01-2013, 12:00 PM   #380
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

How is your day going, Jeanie?
Old 09-01-2013, 01:38 PM   #381
Blabbermouth!!!

I am doing well, eating on plan but lots of food! I am having urges to binge today but didn't yesterday. It is always harder for me after I am no longer feeling overstuffed from the binges. How about you?
Old 09-01-2013, 02:47 PM   #382
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I think eating on plan even if lots of food is the key.
I am doing fine, thank you for asking.
Old 09-01-2013, 02:53 PM   #383
Blabbermouth!!!

I am doubting myself as far as no counting/ tracking of food or weighing in. I am wondering if I am swinging too far the other way with the sudden changes?? I am considering maybe a calorie/carb range that I could work with according to how hungry I feel on a given day. Maybe wiegh on Mondays and Fridays? Still not wanting to pick a goal weight though. Do you think I am crazy!? All this is making me more anxious than I was before I think!
Old 09-01-2013, 03:07 PM   #384
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Jeanie, maybe continue with what you were doing before this last binge. I don't see a problem with tracking calories/carbs and weight as long as it does not bothers me. I personally like to track to see a pattern. If there is one? Sometimes calories and carbs don't mean much. I think you should not worry if you eat more food some days. Believe me if you eat low carb you will not be hungry every. single. day. It will all balance itself out. You have to find what you are comfortable with, but you don't want to repeat the same behavior that lead to last binge, which I assume was the fact that you were not eating enough as you were concerned with not losing fast enough. I think it were your hormones that messed you up and the end. I know how powerful they can be. But now, you move on my friend. Don't need to beat yourself up. Don't step on that scale for the next 5 days because you may not like that number. Eat clean till you are satisfied. Some day it will be lots more food, some day much less.
Old 09-01-2013, 03:16 PM   #385
Blabbermouth!!!

Thank you Marika I feel so safe talking with you as I think you understand me better than I even I do at times! You have a fuller picture of my history and always point out things that are very helpful and insightful.
Old 09-02-2013, 01:56 PM   #386
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thank you, Jeanie.
Did you have a better day today?
Old 09-02-2013, 02:21 PM   #387
Blabbermouth!!!

I am feeling really good today I allowed food yesterday until I was absolutely satisfied and today I have only eaten a burger, fried egg and cucumbers so far because that it all the appetite I have had today. I have a roast cooking that I will eat when I get hungry later. I just need to remember like you said that on the days hunger returns that it is best to feed it rather than get hungry and risk binging later. I am also going to eat more fatty beef as I think the chicken, fish, and shrimp that were a big part of my diet were not fatty enough to hold me very long. When I was at my goal weight before I ate mostly beef and experienced little hunger outside of meals. The only thing that worries me is I get a little bit of reflux from the fat now so I will have to see how that goes.
Old 09-02-2013, 02:31 PM   #388
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Awesome, Jeanie! I agree about the red meat. I don't eat beef as it does not sits well with me, but lamb is integral part of my diet, along with salmon and occasional turkey and rabbit, but 90% of the time it is lamb
Old 09-02-2013, 02:48 PM   #389
Blabbermouth!!!

I have never had lamb. Does it have a unique flavor and how do you cook it?
Old 09-02-2013, 03:23 PM   #390
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

You can cook it like beef. Some people love it some hate it. Rib chops are great just cooked on pan or grill (very expensive), shoulder roast is wonderful cooked slowly in the oven, lamb stew using cut up shoulder or leg is fantastic. You can use different spices with lamb (oregano, thyme, coriander, cumin, turmeric). It is also great marinated first overnight in different spices with some yogurt or just EVOO. Lamb burgers are awesome too. I eat them often for breakfast on oopsie rolls with mayo, or just burgers by themselves, or for lunch or dinner on the bed of lettuce with cucumber, onion, tomatoes.

Last edited by tobelowcarber; 09-02-2013 at 03:26 PM..