Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Weight Loss Journals (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/weight-loss-journals/)
-   -   Tammy's Journey to 150 lbs! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/weight-loss-journals/767430-tammys-journey-150-lbs.html)

tay65 04-12-2012 09:24 PM

Tammy's Journey to 150 lbs!

Let me introduce myself. I'm Tammy, 47 yo, wife and mom. My hubby is a pretty fit guy and my kids are healthy. My dd is 24 yo, mom and she's a hairstylist who lives at home. My ds is 19 yo, left for the Army in January and is going to be stationed in Kentucky....8 hrs a way! Yayyyy!
I've battled my weight all my adult life. Its been up and down, up and down! I'd like to finally lose this weight and KEEP IT OFF!!!! Well, thats what most of us want!
So, I have decided to start this journal so I can be honest and maybe get a few supporters and some I can support also. Maybe this will help me.

tay65 04-12-2012 09:39 PM

Apr 12 - Today's wt was 188.9, up .3 from yesterday. Atleast my blood sugar didn't drop today! That was awful what happened yesterday. Maybe I oughtta get to the dr. I'll see if it happens again.
Today I ate close to 1000 cals. My activity level is very low (back issues) therfore to lose I have to stay around 1000 cals. Sometimes I eat more to keep the metabolism working good.
We leave in 5 days to go to my son's family day/graduation. We are so excited to go! I was a mess when he left. We are close and he's my baby. I worry about him bc he has never had to do things on his own and well, now he has to. Hes becoming an independent, grown young man. I'm a proud mom! GO ARMY!!! Btw, my hubby and I are both Army Veterans!
Tomorrow is going to be close to 70*. I may take Chloe for a walk! Shes 10 mos old and quite the little diva already. Its so nice being gramma and being able to help raise her is priceless.
Have to get some sleep now. Gotta watch Chlo Chlo at 9 a.m. Yikes!

tay65 04-13-2012 09:24 AM

Todays weight: 189.5!
I've lost 2.7 lbs this week. I was hoping for more bc I was lower yesterday and the day before even lower. I'll take it.
Getting my hair colored today by my daughter, shes a hairstylist. I can't wait. I have way too much gray showing and I'm not going to my sons graduation like this. LOL
He has decided to wait til summer to take leave. I hope they'll allow him. Keeping my fingers crossed it works out. Positive thinking.
My granddaughters father is coming for a visit today. What a jerk! My dd is finally going to get support off of him. He hasn't contributed much at all towards taking care of his baby. She filed for custody too. He gets supervised visits here and only over nights when my dd agrees to it. She has total control of it all. Medical and everything. He hasn't seen her for almost a month bc he put comments on twitter and fb that were mean about my dd and threatened to hit her if she had another guy around his daughter. Well my dd hasn't had any guys around chloe and won't. Not until shes serious about someone. I dont see that happening anytime soon.
Well, I've been long-winded! BBL :)

tay65 04-13-2012 11:26 PM

I got my hair colored & I feel much better now. Went for a walk this evening with my dd and granddaughter. It was a nice day!

tay65 04-24-2012 11:13 AM

Back from ft benning, ga. brought my son back & he reports to ft campbell, ky on May 1st. he's a different person now, taking some getting use to! LOL
the ceremonies were great! they really go all out for the infantry.
gained wt while gone, so now I have to buckle down and lose it. no time to mess around!

tay65 05-02-2012 08:35 PM

I'm struggling to get back on track. I'm slowly finding my way home!
I'm getting in healthy foods, but still too much junk. Gotta lose weight!
Will be having back surgery, so I need to lose 15 lbs before I have this fusion. Its important.
I won't be using hHCG again either. I can't take the side effects. So have to do this another way.
Well, tired now. I get to sleep in tomorrow!!!

tay65 05-12-2012 10:13 AM

I weighed in at 194.5. I'm taking the hHCG drops and plan on doing a 30 day round. I'll reevaluate then if I want to do a 40 day round.
I've eaten a greek yogurt. With Chloe's help of course!
Watching Chloe while my DD works. She'll be walking soon! I can't wait! She's 11 mos old and so pleasant. I just love her to death.
My son is settling in to his new life in the Army. I'm so proud of him. Thank goodness for cell phones! Ya know?
I'll update later.

tay65 02-10-2013 12:24 PM

I found my journal and decided to start writing in it again.
Today I've made a choice of giving LC(ish) a shot. Its going to take some getting use to. I'm such a carb addict !
Today I've had scrambled eggs so far. Drinking lots of water (usual for me) and meatloaf for dinner with a couple hard fried eggs with it.
I have to ease into this and hope for the best.
I've had a tough week. Steroid injections were Monday, wound up with a migraine from them on top of the usual increased pain for a few days. Kept ice on back and on my head. Called dr to be sure spinal fluid wasn't hit and was reassured it wasn't. So lots of caffeine, excedrin and rest.
Then ttom showed up yesterday! Cramps!!!! Down for the count for 2 days. That is taking its toll on me. Every. single. month. Can I just go thru menopause already!?!?
My dd and Chlobug (Chloe is my 20 month old gd) went to church and spending day with bf and his mom. Miss the baby when she's gone all day!
BBL! Hope someone stops in to say hi !

tay65 02-12-2013 07:06 AM

Up early today. I dread Tuesdays having to get up early to watch Chloe. Dd has to be at work at 8 so I'm up early. Chloe woke up at 8:30ish ready for her cup of milk and 2 sausages. I've never been a morning person and I'm ready to take a nap already. Shes playing and watching Olivia (her dvd) so shes happy.
I haven't weighed myself in a week! I'm scurrred! LOL I've decided to stop "dieting" and just cut back on portions, and the sweets! Sweets are my downfall. I have to stop eating cinnamon rolls, cupcakes and chips! And last night I was laying in bed thinking about how I wish I had ice cream! I'm rediculous!
Yesterday was so windy here. Our trash can blew away somewhere and it reappeared magically in the afternoon on our porch! LOL Guess someone found it for us.
It must be cold out, the heat has kicked on many times since I've been up. $$$ Hurry summer & get here! I will love the day when I can turn the a/c on again.
I still have this lingering headache from the steroid injections. It just won't go away! I haven't used ice on my back in a few days, so thats good. But the injection site is sore. I feel it most when I walk.
Today is a "no getting dressed, relaxing kinda day". Chloe is gonna stay in her pj's too. She doesn't complain! LOL
BBL ! Anyone out there????

tay65 02-13-2013 08:12 AM

Woke up today without a headache. Maybe its gone for good now. After 8 days of having a headache it feels good for it to be gone. Those steroids did a number on me.
I weighed today.... :'( Now its time to get busy and crack down on getting rid of this extra weight. I have to tell dh to stop bringing me home candy! Time for fruit and veggies. I'm going to eat healthier from this day forward.
Watching Chloe (dgd) right now while dd is at the chiropractor. Then she works 3-8 pm. She asked me last night to watch chloe for her tomorrow bc her bf has a dinner planned for them. I guess bc me and dh are married and old we don't need valentine's day to ourselves! LOL Its ok. We just get something small for eachother and call it a day! After being together over 20 yrs, valentines day isn't important.
Guess its time to watch Yo Gabba Gabba! LOL
BBS!

tay65 02-14-2013 08:55 PM

Happy Valentine's Day to my LCFs!
I had a nice relaxing day. Watched Chloe while my dd went to her bf's for dinner. He cooked lobster tail, steak, asparagus, broccoli w/cheese and had salad. He gave her beautiful flowers, an edible arrangement of choc covered strawberries, and perfume called Chloe! She made him a memory box and printed out pictures of them together and pics of him with Chloe and wrote a little something on the backs of each one. She said he loved it and read each one. He was really touched by it. Those two are meant for eachother.
I'm feeling pain in my leg. Thinking the injections just didn't work. All that pain and no good outcome. What a waste of time.
Getting back on the "diet" tomorrow. I'm wayyyy too big! I'm disgusted & uncomfortable.
Good night.....

tay65 02-17-2013 08:09 PM

I started taking my hhcg pellets and loaded over the wkend. Vlcd1 is tomorrow, so here I go with attempt #1 million!
Its cold here, so thankful to have been able to stay indoors today!
Internet installer will be here at 8 am. Better go to sleep soon.
Good night....