Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2008, 08:28 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: islegirl
Stats: 148/?
WOE: Atkins
Never Giving Up!

Yes, it usually appears on the 3rd night. I want to keep journaling here but I am not sure how to do it. Would someone please tell me if this is how? I simply posted another thread. Or do we have a particular place to "click" to get into a journal we've already begun? Anyway, I should now begin to burn my fat. I had a hard night as my husband didn't stop snacking in front of me. I had a low carb hot drink from General Foods - vanilla creme with no sugar and no caffeine. It is full of chemicals but I needed something for the beginning of this induction. Tomorrow I will be trying my first fruit and veggies smoothie. I will see how if affects my Ketosis. I have lots of produce. Cucumbers, parsley, spinach, kale, bananas, oranges and berries, and grapefruit and pineapple. Not sure which ones I'll pick. Any suggestions? I found the "faces" section tonight. That's going to be fun to look at! Have a good night everyone.
Sue.

Last edited by islegirl; 02-05-2008 at 08:55 PM.. Reason: forgot something
islegirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-06-2008, 04:31 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

What a difference ......

What a difference a day makes. I ate very healthy, having both raw and low-carb. I had energy after my smoothie. First time in a few days.

My meals:

early - 1 small coffee/heavy cream & 1 sugar

Mid. morn. - Smoothie of 1 froz. banana, about 1 1/2 c. froz. berries,
1 tbsp. coconut oil, and a big handful of spinach. Water also.
This was so good.

Lunch - 2 large romaine leaves to make "sandwich" of salmon, celery,
grape tomatoes, and a bit of homemade Caesar dressing.
Also very good.

Supper - 5cats4me "German Salad". Absolutely yummy!
About 12 olives on the side.
Old 02-07-2008, 06:54 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Today's Menu

Early a.m. coffee with C/honey

Mid. a.m. smoothie: whole cucumber, 1 banana, 2 oranges, several pine-
apple spears, 1 tbsp coconut oil, 1 bottle water (made 2 1/2
large glasses)

Mid. p.m. romaine "sandwich" with salmon, green pepper slivers, a few
olives

Late p.m. General Foods Hot Bev. Vanilla Creme with added cocoa and
stevia

Supper: Skillet Stroganoff - Dana Carpender
Greek Salad

Completely forgot to drink water. Lost 1/2 lb since yesterday. Had energy after my smoothie and worked hard. But pretty tired toward late afternoon.
Not as peppy as yesterday. But it was still a successful day.
Old 02-08-2008, 07:36 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

This was another very successful day. I am so relieved because I really think I am onto something here - combining raw foods with low carb. I am losing weight at about 1/2 lb per day and I am still in deep ketosis. Yet look at what I ate today: Alas, I forgot the water again. Well, I didn't totally forget, but I find it frustrating to be running to the bathroom all day long. But I will try to do better - maybe it will be easier if I quit the a.m. coffee. (But why should I, if I'm doing well?!)

Early a.m. coffee with C/honey

Mid morn. smoothie with 1 banana, large handful of kale with the stems,
scant amount of berries, large handful of parsley, 1 tbsp. ea of
flax seeds, brown sesame seeds, coconut oil and 1/4 tsp. mix of
stevia, splenda & sugar twin and some water. All my smoothies
are made in the vitamix - powerful enough for stalks and frozen
stuff.

Lunch - Leftover Skillet Stroganoff from last night

Mid p.m. Vanilla Creme (General Foods) no sugar/no caffeine, with about
1/2 tsp. cocoa, 1/4 tsp vanilla, and 1/4 tsp mixed sweeteners
and a touch of heavy cream

Supper Baked salmon with tartar sauce, Greek Salad with added spinach

How's that for healthy food, and I have energy and no constipation!

Last edited by islegirl; 02-08-2008 at 07:41 PM.. Reason: forgot something
Old 02-08-2008, 08:48 PM   #5
Daddy's Girl

Gallery: cdn_gal
Stats: 230/152.3/145~~5'10
WOE: Dukan
Start Date: Sept9/08/May12/09
Just saying it looks fine... (your journal)
Carry on, were reading!
cdn_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 09:30 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Oh good. Glad people can see it. Wasn't sure.

cdn gal -Thanks for reading and the encouragement. I am still loving eating this way!

Sue.

Last edited by islegirl; 02-09-2008 at 09:31 AM.. Reason: forgot something
Old 02-09-2008, 07:38 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Food today

a.m. usual coffee C/tsp sugar (I know this is a no-no - maybe I will give it up some day.)

Breakfast: Smoothie: Large handful of spinach, 1 banana, several spears
of pineapple, 1 orange, 1 tbsp ea of coconut oil,
flax seeds and sesame seeds. (I ground flax seeds
first in coffee grinder) 1/4 tsp mixed sweeteners,
water

Lunch: Scrambled eggs with mushrooms, green pepper, bit of onion, salsa
bacon, and butter to scramble the eggs, of course!

late afternoon: Hot drink - Vanilla Creme (sugar free/caffeine free). I added
1/4 tsp. sweetener to this, a bit of vanilla, and a
bit of cocoa powder.

Supper: Chicken/veggie stir-fry (made with lemon juice, canola oil, Zesty
Italian dressing, peppers, cabbage, carrots, (a
few), broccoli, onion, garlic, mushrooms and I
added butter to mine (I didn't have the rice)

Still not enough water.
Too tired to write more tonight, had a busy day, but another good one.
Old 02-11-2008, 02:44 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: msbaggypants
Stats: 207/207/160
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: 8/9/06 restart 9/15/11
Your menus are very inspiring! I think I need to try what you are doing.

Do you know how much protein you are getting?

How do you know if you are still in ketosis?

TIA!!
msbaggypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 12:27 PM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Back with head hanging.........

Hi msbaggypants. (Angela?) I have been doing badly for about 3 days. I haven't a clue why I got off track after my last post. I wasn't starving or anything. I don't think I was depressed either. Can't remember. All I know is that I went out and deliberately bought about a 1/2 lb. or so of Hershey's peanut butter cups, and ate them all. I just let the craving take over. Obviously, something must have been lacking in me - could it have been "self-control"? :blush: I should have posted and then I'd have seen where I went wrong. And I thought it would be so easy to get back on track as I had been doing so well. Wrong!! Anyway, I have been drinking a mixture of pure, fresh lemon juice, pure maple syrup, a bit of cayenne, topped up with water -throughout the day. Trying to get rid of all the junk in me. My husband had also made a cake which I got into. (He's such a big help! Yep, Sue, blame it all on him!). Anyway, when my lemons are finished, I'll get back to what I was doing.

Ketosis: That is when the chemical process Dr. Robert Atkins talks about in
his books, when your body switches over from being a carb-
burning
machine to a fat-burning machine You can buy a bottle of
"Ketostix" at your pharmacy and simply dip a stick in your urine (I do
it at about 10 p.m. at night) and if it changes from beige to pink or
darker pink or purple - you are in Ketosis. This happens after about
2 or 3 days of eating low-carb on Induction. I suggest you read
Atkins' books for a complete explanation. But I have read a lot
about RAW food and I have a powerful machine called a Vitamix
which is able to pulverize both fruits and veggies and other things to
make a super nutritious, filling smoothie. I have been experimenting
to see if my body could handle the extra load of carbs and yet still
remain in Ketosis and I'd still lose weight. It worked! So I had
lots of energy, no constipation and was getting lots of nourishment.
As for the protein I have to get back to you on that because I
want to quote something to you but have to find it first! Check
back from time to time and one day you should see it. There is a
woman named "Angie" on this board who helped
me decide to combine Raw Food with low-carb food. I also bought
a book she recommended "The Raw Food Detox Diet" by Natalia Rose
Have a great day.

Sue.
Sue.
Old 02-12-2008, 02:36 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: msbaggypants
Stats: 207/207/160
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: 8/9/06 restart 9/15/11
Thanks for your help. I have read the book but it's been a while. My understanding of ketosis from reading the boards for over a year was that you had to stay pretty close to induction levels. Like you, I'm finding that is not quite the case. I have stuck to plan 99% since mid-dec, then last week I had a couple pieces of cake (unplanned), which upped my carbs to 70 for the day, but had huge amounts of energy, and keto-breath. Never have used the sticks. The next morning, dropped 4 lbs. The first drop in weight since the initial induction weight drop. I have added bananas, milk, cherries, some grains, and I am still down in weight! And still have that ketosis taste in my mouth. Anyway, I'll see if this keeps working or if I have to cycle it so many days a week.

Thanks again for your input!
Old 02-12-2008, 03:53 PM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Wow Angela, my body would not be so co-operative as yours as to drop 4 lbs. after several pieces of cake!!!??? Nope, I'd have to start Induction all over again - just what I'm doing tomorrow because of my binge beginning with those Hershey's p.b.c's.

Sue.

Last edited by islegirl; 02-12-2008 at 03:54 PM.. Reason: forgot something
Old 02-13-2008, 08:13 AM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Back on Track today

Early a.m. med. coffee C/honey

Mid. a.m. Smoothie with lots of spinach, blueberries, banana, coconut oil,
flax seeds, unhulled brown sesame seeds, apple and water. Yum!

I'm reading Natalia Rose's "The Raw Food Detox Diet" What a won-
derful book!

Sue.
Old 02-13-2008, 02:00 PM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Lunch at 5 p.m.!

Well, I couldn't help it. I was having my haircut and I am so pleased with it. Never again "fix what ain't broke"! I mean don't change hairdressers if you already have one who is good. That was my problem - I tried another girl for at least a year and I just never really liked it. Not her fault - I think it is because my old hairdresser knows me, knows my hair and can figure out what I am trying to tell her to do. I look so much better. Younger and I am thrilled. It's been a long time.

Am having another yummy smoothie with 2 stalks celery, a large bunch of Kale
several spears of pineapple, 1/4 tsp of mix of
stevia/splenda and 1 banana.
Old 02-17-2008, 02:38 PM   #14
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: Whitney_Piers
Stats: Lost 86 lbs!
WOE: Atkins all the way!
Start Date: Oct 7/07.
Islegirl I'm enjoying reading your journal. How does adding spinach, cucumber, or celery change the taste of the fruit in the smoothie? Is there certain vegetables that clash? I've enjoyed smothies before but I have to admit that adding kale and other veggies like you've done is interesting but daunting.
Whitney_Piers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 03:03 PM   #15
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: BernsteinNewbie
Stats: 238/227/165
WOE: Dr. Bernstein
Start Date: Feb 7 2008
I started Bernstein on the 7th and went into ketosis this past Wednesday. Ever since I've been down in the dumps. I'm not sure if it's withdrawal, depression or what.

I've also developed some type of stomach bug, I'm really nauseous with a sour stomach.

I just feel so alone and isolated. I just think about all the foods that I can't eat, and see people enjoying themselves (overweight or not). I don't even go out anymore because it just becomes so difficult.

I know the first week is the hardest, I'm going to hang in there but just looking to see if others feel the same way going into ketosis for the first time. I hope this stomach bug goes away really soon, it's just making me so miserable.

I've had to sort of cheat the last 2 days by having a extra serving of bread b/c I can't eat anymore meat! I'm not a big meat eater in the first place so this has been hard. I am limited to eating lentils and tofu products to 2x a week. But other than that, I've been good. I've lost 10lbs in one week and the goal is 4-5lbs, so I don't feel too bad about eating the extra serving of bread (which is just 2 triscuits) just so my tummy can feel better.

BernsteinNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 04:14 PM   #16
Senior LCF Member

Get better soon!

Hi BernsteinNewbie - I hope your tummy is settling down. Congratulations on losing 10 lbs. in 1 week. That is wonderful. You aren't alone and you'll see that if you keep posting on this forum. So many have very similar problems and need encouragement and they, in turn, offer plenty of it to others. I don't do too well in that department yet as I am so new at this. But maybe when it becomes 2nd nature to me to eat healthy everyday I will be more able to help others when I don't have to focus so much on myself.

Sue.
Old 02-17-2008, 04:19 PM   #17
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by islesgirl View Post
Hi BernsteinNewbie - I hope your tummy is settling down. Congratulations on losing 10 lbs. in 1 week. That is wonderful. You aren't alone and you'll see that if you keep posting on this forum. So many have very similar problems and need encouragement and they, in turn, offer plenty of it to others. I don't do too well in that department yet as I am so new at this. But maybe when it becomes 2nd nature to me to eat healthy everyday I will be more able to help others when I don't have to focus so much on myself.

Sue.

Thanks Sue...I really appreciate your kind words. I'm just having a pity party for myself...I'm usually not like this so that's why I'm thinking it's withdrawals or something...this is my first time on any diet let alone one so severe so I have no idea what the physical and physiological effects are. I'm going to talk to them about it at my next weigh-in.
Old 02-17-2008, 04:32 PM   #18
Senior LCF Member

Different strokes.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitney_Piers View Post
Islegirl I'm enjoying reading your journal. How does adding spinach, cucumber, or celery change the taste of the fruit in the smoothie? Is there certain vegetables that clash? I've enjoyed smothies before but I have to admit that adding kale and other veggies like you've done is interesting but daunting.
Not everyone is easygoing when it comes to trying new foods. But, so far, I've liked just about every smoothie I've had. I don't follow any particular recipe either. But I did find that when I started adding the sweetener mix they tasted just great - so fresh. You see, I always combine the green veggies with the fruit so rather than taking a chance on upping my carbs with more fruit (as I'm so new at this) I prefer to add the sweetener for now.
This is what I had today:

Huge smoothie early a.m. with spinach, oranges, grapefruit, banana, 1 tbsp. coconut oil, 1 tbsp. sesame seeds (brown and unhulled), 1 tbsp. flax seeds and water, sweetener. (forget what else, sorry) 2 huge glasses

Another huge smoothie in the afternoon with: 1 whole cucumber, large handful of parsley, oranges, grapefruit, sweetener and water and the usual coconut oil, flax seeds and sesame seeds. (gosh what is wrong with my memory - I can't remember if anything else went into this) Maybe I need "pumpkin seeds" for memory? Also need to go grocery shopping for more produce (need more variety).

Supper: Dana Carpender's "Maple-Spice Country-Style Ribs" from her Slow Cooker book. Yummy - just yummy! I made mashed potatoes for my husband and a big salad and turnip. I had ribs, salad and the turnip (no 'taters of course).
Am quite content tonight and had energy all day and tummy worked very well! All you can do is try it.

Sue.
Old 02-17-2008, 04:38 PM   #19
Senior LCF Member

Sugar Blues?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernsteinNewbie View Post
Thanks Sue...I really appreciate your kind words. I'm just having a pity party for myself...I'm usually not like this so that's why I'm thinking it's withdrawals or something...this is my first time on any diet let alone one so severe so I have no idea what the physical and physiological effects are. I'm going to talk to them about it at my next weigh-in.
I just thought of something - whenever I get into the sugar and binge for a few days (up to 2 weeks is more honest) and then cut it out and get back to low carb, I always have terrible lows - I feel absolute despair and now I recognize it so that makes it a bit easier but I have to talk myself through it telling myself that it will pass. But why do I put myself through it?! It's insane. So, were you consuming a lot of sugar? Could that be the problem? It definitely affects us adversely.

Sue.
Old 02-17-2008, 04:57 PM   #20
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by islesgirl View Post
I just thought of something - whenever I get into the sugar and binge for a few days (up to 2 weeks is more honest) and then cut it out and get back to low carb, I always have terrible lows - I feel absolute despair and now I recognize it so that makes it a bit easier but I have to talk myself through it telling myself that it will pass. But why do I put myself through it?! It's insane. So, were you consuming a lot of sugar? Could that be the problem? It definitely affects us adversely.

Sue.
I don't think I had that much sugar - but sugar is in everything. Yogurt, soy milk, etc. I guess cutting it out completely would have that effect. Fortunately, I don't drink too much caffeine so that didn't bother me.
Old 02-18-2008, 04:26 AM   #21
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: Whitney_Piers
Stats: Lost 86 lbs!
WOE: Atkins all the way!
Start Date: Oct 7/07.
Thanks for the reply Sue and the smoothie information. I'll be trying them sometime in the future.
Whitney_Piers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 08:35 AM   #22
Senior LCF Member

Whitney - you rock!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitney_Piers View Post
Thanks for the reply Sue and the smoothie information. I'll be trying them sometime in the future.
Whitney, I just finished reading your journal. You are doing awesomely and are such an inspiration to me and everyone here. To have lost 50lbs in such a short time after having lived with the sugar monster for a lifetime. I wonder if it would be wise to start the fruit/veggie smoothies? Maybe not. I am thinking about the last day I was in Ketosis this month. It (the ketostix) had turned to a paler pink from the deep pink and I wasn't sure what was responsible. I am re-thinking the smoothies for now - or at least I am going to be stricter with what I put in them and watch very carefully what the Ketostix reveal and I am going to journal every single day without fail. I am sick today - just sick of being so heavy at my age. I am expecting company today and don't want anyone or anything to distract me from this Atkins WOE at the moment - I have been trying to reach my friend to "beg off" from her coming here. I love her, but need desperately to focus now on this huge task ahead of me. I have been careful for the past 2 or 3 days so should be back in Ketosis tonight. I'll keep reading your journal. Keep up the fabulous job you are doing! I also desperately want to give up coffee or at least the sugar or honey I put in it. Don't like the sweeteners in my coffee - they ruin it for me. 'til later then.....

Sue.
Old 02-18-2008, 05:09 PM   #23
Senior LCF Member

I said I'd post my food for the day, so here goes. Then I'm off to bed as I feel sick as a dog today. Absolutely no energy all day and I don't know why. I don't even know if I''m in Ketosis - I usually check around 10 p.m. and I just can't stay up 'til then.

1 large coffee with cream and sugar (I know I shouldn't)

A large glass of smoothie: kale, oranges, apple, coconut oil, sesame, and flax seeds with almond milk, cocoa and vanilla and sweeteners and water. (crazy mixture!) But the cupboard was bare. Miss my banana. This wasn't very good, but I drank it.

1 leftover pork chop

Salad, Greek dressing and about 7 black kalamata olives.

Oh yes, I almost forgot. I went for a 20 minute walk.

'til tomorrow then...........

Me.
Old 03-06-2008, 08:46 PM   #24
Senior LCF Member

On track....want to stay here this time!

Had yummy coffee with cream and honey this morning.

Then I had a huge (vitamix was full to top) smoothie with:

big handful spinach (frozen)
1/2 english cuke, with skin on
1 banana
about 4 thick pineapple rings (frozen)
1 papaya with 1/2 of the seeds
1 lemon with seeds and with a 2' square piece of the rind
1 tbsp. ea unhulled sesame seeds, hemp seeds, flax seeds
1 tbsp flax oil
1/2 tsp mix of splenda, stevia, sugar twin
about 2 cups water

This was out of this world! I just loved it.

Supper was:

Dana Carpender's "Skillet Stroganoff" and a salad with nutritional yeast on it and homemade Caesar dressing. YUM.

Am in deep purple Ketosis! I now have 4 successful days behind me and I am so glad. I've had a bit of exercise too this week.

Weight: 174 lbs. Hope to wait one month before I weigh again.

Sue.
Old 03-08-2008, 08:15 PM   #25
Senior LCF Member

I was too tired to post last night but I did well yesterday and was still in Ketosis, although it was much lighter and today it wasn't there. But I goofed today with a General Foods International hot drink. I added a large tbsp of Nestle's hot chocolate - sweetened, instead of the lite one with artificial sweeteners. Once I realized the mistake, I just went ahead and drank it anyway. And I'm not sure what else may have contributed to the Ketosis going away. I have been doing very well anyway and will continue tomorrow but will be more careful. Maybe I'll go easy on the smoothies. But I love them and will not cut them out. Husband tried to tempt me a couple of times today -once with special Campbell's soup and also with cake he made. I ignored him - well, I said "no thanks" - then proceeded to pretend it didn't bother me. But I always see a pattern here - always. He tries to sabotage me and I just can't give in anymore. It really makes me want to get away from him eventually. At 61? Ya think? You never know. Once I told my daughter - if I could get rid of this 50 lbs. I could do anything! I watched public television last night - Celtic Thunder! Fabulous. Love Keith Harkin and his rendition of "I want to know what love is". And "Lauren & I". I can't wait to be able to get hold of his album when it comes out. I also now have lots of smileys! I figured it out! Asking questions pays off. It is hard for me to do but I have learned so much these past two years since doing so more - asking, I mean.

2 coffees C/honey (wish I liked Splenda - must get the liquid)
1 vitamix full to brim with smoothie (made almost 2 1/2 large glasses with my usual mixture in it. Spinach, pineapple, banana, cuke, seeds, flax oil, water and lemon.

Supper was pork which I must admit had been slow cooked in a sauce made with cherry pie filling - that was likely another culprit. I was too tired to make anything tonight. Also had a salad with homemade Caesar dressing.

Quite a good day all in all.
Old 03-09-2008, 07:01 AM   #26
Senior LCF Member

Ah Hah!

It was the 1/2 of the little muffin I sampled! I'd made muffins for my husband and did not resist the temptation to try them. He hadn't commented on them and it bothered me. I know that if he doesn't like something, then he doesn't usually say anything about it. When I asked if he liked them, he said they were more like "cake" and he was trying to stay away from that. (Actually, they were just a bit too heavy, as I am heavy-handed and I overbeat them as the mix was too dry, but they were not too sweet.) Previously, he had asked me if I wanted some cake or he was going to throw the rest away. That was last night and this morning I see the "cake" sitting up front in the fridge! This happens routinely when I am doing well on low-carb. I double checked his favorite "bran muffin" recipe only to find that my carrot muffins yesterday had way less sugar in them and I told him so. So that kind of threw his argument out the window. Anyway, now I know that it was that piece of muffin that got me out of Ketosis. And that was all my fault. No one else forced my hand to my mouth! How short my memory is! But I am still happy as I am going to eat bacon and eggs today and maybe steak tonight or maybe that yummy 3 cheese & spinach casserole! For anyone who might be peeking at this - have a great day!

Sue.
Old 03-09-2008, 08:05 PM   #27
Senior LCF Member

Another good day has passed.

Had 2 coffees c/honey

No smoothies today though - want to be sure to be back in Ketosis after yesterday's misstep.

So I had bacon and eggs for breakfast.

That kept me going until supper which was so delicious!

3 cheese spinach casserole - yummy
low-carb coleslaw (good, but would have been better if I'd doubled the dressing)
and the German Salad from this site. So good!

And that is all for today folks!

Sue.
Old 10-21-2008, 11:47 AM   #28
Senior LCF Member

Trying Low Carb Green Smoothies

I figured there must be a way to stay in Induction and yet get lots of raw greens everyday and so I thought I'd try some Green Smoothies with lemon/lime crystal lite and it works. It adds just enough sweetness and tang to make them easy to drink. I just love the way greens make me feel and what they do for my skin. So I am going to try this to see what happens. I have been eating a ton of junk food for about 3 weeks and am trying to get back on track. I love eating mostly raw fruits and veggies, nuts and seeds and greens. But I just have to get away from the fruit until I have lost all my extra weight and I have to get my appetite under control and lower my blood pressure and I know that low carb will do this for me. I should be in Induction by Thursday night. Here is what I've had so far today: 1 coffee c/s, 1 very large GS with 1/2 cucumber with some peel, frozen parsley from the freezer, lemon-lime crystal lite. Some tuna as I was rushing out the door. Just having another smoothie now with a large amount of frozen collards from my garden, 1T flax seed, 1 packet lemon/lime crystal lite, 1T coconut oil, a few strawberries with some of their tops. Having some parmesan chicken tonight with some salad. Yippee! Here I go again.

Last edited by islegirl; 10-21-2008 at 11:58 AM..
Old 10-21-2008, 12:53 PM   #29
Senior LCF Member

I completely forgot to add that I add water to those Green Smoothies - always!
Old 10-29-2008, 08:16 AM   #30
Senior LCF Member

Right way to add to my journal???

I am not sure if I am using this journal properly. My intention is to add to it daily, if possible, but I don't know if I am posting in the right area. It seems like I am simply continuing a conversation from last time. But I am still quite a novice on the computer.

I have had a very rough month. Back and forth, as indecisive as ever, trying to figure out where I want to be - eating RAW food or sticking with Low Carb and hopefully adding green smoothies which are as low carb as possible. I have been reading from a Raw food site that some of the people there have a problem with their blood sugar spiking when they eat fruit and I am sure that is the "red flag" warning me to get back to this forum fast and to accept that, for the moment, fruit and I simply don't get along. Another thing that has always bothered me about that Raw site is that there are very few photos of really slim women. Whereas, here, there is an abundance of evidence that low carb works - in all your lovely photos. And you all look so healthy! I am so discouraged with this struggle - never knowing who to believe. I know that low carb made me lose weight and inches and fairly quickly - like a dress size in two weeks. But I have a hard time drinking water. I have such a small bladder and I don't like running to the bathroom all the time. Then, with Raw food my face (skin) looked radiant. The skin on my whole body tightened up. No word of a lie here! But I was not losing weight quickly at all. I felt fabulous though and lost all my cravings over the summer. But I want to lose this weight once and for all - the easiest way possible. I also want my blood pressure to go down to normal and get off the medication I finally gave in to taking. I have wasted a lot of time in October and so I hope someone responds to my whining. I am just lost here and scared and getting older faster!