Bicep: 14"
Bust: 41"
Chest: 37"
Waist: 36"
Hips: 43.5"
Butt: 46"
Thigh: 28.25"
Calf: 17 3/8"

I cheated, I didn't check my measurements till after a couple of weeks of dieting. but I do know I am down at least an inch off my butt and bust!!! and my 38" pants are obviously looser...
thealything is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-05-2012, 11:02 PM   #2
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: *mommy*
Stats: 228.5/207/138
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 04/02/2012
Good luck! We're about the same size and have the same goals!!
*mommy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 11:23 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: thealything
Stats: 238/196/138 5'7"
WOE: Atkins (DANDR)
Start Date: restart March '12
okay, it's been a few months. I went on vacation and didn't even cheat the whole time! but I did eat lots of cheese... when I got back I had lost 3 pounds, down from 214 to 211. so that's pretty good. and people really started noticing the weight loss at that point. since then, I've gotten down to 207 but kept bounding back and forth between 207 and 211...

but it's my own fault, mostly. since the vacation ended on May 3, I have cheated twice and also had a lot of sort of "vague" days where it was sorta low carb, sorta on plan, but not really. like putting pears in a salad, or eating plain yogurt once or twice, or having a sf candy bar when I know I don't lose on sugar alcohols... things I see other people do on Atkins, and that I could TECHNICALLY do because I'm on OWL and could have reached those rungs by now. but I know I lose best with limited dairy and carbs, so I was really fooling myself.

plus, there have been a couple of occasions where alcohol was involved...

anyway after five days of strict meat and eggs (and coffee cream) with no AS, I'm down to 205!! finally! today is an Atkins day, featuring quiche with ham, onions, broccoli, mushrooms and cheddar. after that, I may try Stillmans to see if I can reach my goal of 198 lbs by July 1. it's gonna be tight...
Old 06-18-2012, 11:43 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

oh, and on the subject of measurements and body recomposition...

I have been majorly, majorly slacking on exercise.

I feel stuff getting looser, though. my work pants from 2 years ago (at 200 lbs) fit fine, even a little loose in the thighs and butt. it wasn't long ago when I'd have to unbutton them on night shifts because I couldn't breathe.

my work shirts feel better, too. it was getting so that my size 14 shirts would feel too constricting if I buttoned them all the way to the neck. as well, I'd have to wear a sports bra to help them fit better. now, I'm back in my size 12s, fully buttoned, with a regular bra. yeah!

my bras are all disasters. at my top weight I would have fit a 42C. I have a bunch of 40C in my drawers that are getting baggy in the cups, but they don't make 40B I don't think. or if they do, it's not sold at Walmart. so I'm wearing my 38Cs and some of those are baggy too. I wear most of them on their tightest clasp.

my underwear... I'm wearing L now instead of tight XL in most pairs, which is a nice change. there's an awful lot of lingerie I bought over the winter that ended up being a smidge too tight, and now I'm dying to model it for my boyfriend.

finally, my mom lost some weight in the last year too. she's 5'3" and I'm pretty sure she has never weighed over 175 in her life. when I was visiting on my vacation, she gave me a couple of pairs of workout pants by Reebok and Roots in size L, saying they were too big. I thought they'd be too tight, but they fit perfectly! or at least the Roots ones do; the Reebok ones are still a little indecent due to the fabric.

my face is looking good too; I have bone structure again, it would seem.
Old 06-19-2012, 09:45 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

203.5 today!!!

maybe 198 by Canada Day is doable after all. 11 days to lose 5.5 lbs...
Old 06-23-2012, 11:39 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

ugh, back up to 207! maybe cutting cheese IS the answer...
Old 06-27-2012, 04:19 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

back down to 203 eating tons of cream cheese AND sf candies, which I thought would make me stall. so I think my TOM weirdness is causing (or symptomatic of) weirdness in my body in general.

I've had two periods in two weeks, after my first one was 2 weeks late. ugh!

this shizz makes me crazy so I am not gonna worry to much about it and instead focus on how good I look naked, and how my new hairstyle/colour brings out my pretty cheekbones.

Last edited by thealything; 06-27-2012 at 04:21 AM..
Old 01-16-2013, 12:56 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

what a wild, messed up ride. I made it down to 196 for my birthday in September, then started eating carbs again... back into the 220s... then back down to around 203 for Christmas... then up into the 220s again shortly after Christmas...

anyway I've been back on track since New Years and weighed myself at 213 last week. I am trying not to weigh too often though.

some people on this board have showed me that I can, in fact, lift weights while keeping carbs low. so that is what I shall do! I've been making good weight lifting progress but I also convinced myself I needed carbs to do so, which is not the case.

I also switched doctors and found one who is pro-LC and who supports my weight lifting. he is working with me to help fin d dietary options that do not irritate my body (I have gout and psoriasis which is super awesome).

and today I am making a braised pork shoulder! I am SUPER PSYCHED to eat something delicious and to basically feed myself good whole foods and delicious meats. I'm discovering, after so so so many fails, that it's key. real food, meaning meats and veg. no lc versions of carb foods. and no storebought products pretending to be food. although a little splenda in my coffee makes my heart smile.
Old 01-17-2013, 05:16 AM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: taokeema
Stats: 187/145-146/122 5'3"
WOE: 40-100 g net carb, HF, IF, whole foods freak
Start Date: 2009 -10#/2011 -22#/April 2012 LCHF
we bought pork butt this week, too. how did yours turn out? how did you season it?
taokeema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 07:54 AM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: limetwist
Stats: [5'8"] 230/IT IS A MYSTERY/135ish
WOE: Low carb - Intermittent fasting
Start Date: 01/2011, got lazy/married, rebooting FOR REAL 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by thealything View Post
what a wild, messed up ride. I made it down to 196 for my birthday in September, then started eating carbs again... back into the 220s... then back down to around 203 for Christmas... then up into the 220s again shortly after Christmas...

anyway I've been back on track since New Years and weighed myself at 213 last week. I am trying not to weigh too often though.

some people on this board have showed me that I can, in fact, lift weights while keeping carbs low. so that is what I shall do! I've been making good weight lifting progress but I also convinced myself I needed carbs to do so, which is not the case.

I also switched doctors and found one who is pro-LC and who supports my weight lifting. he is working with me to help fin d dietary options that do not irritate my body (I have gout and psoriasis which is super awesome).

and today I am making a braised pork shoulder! I am SUPER PSYCHED to eat something delicious and to basically feed myself good whole foods and delicious meats. I'm discovering, after so so so many fails, that it's key. real food, meaning meats and veg. no lc versions of carb foods. and no storebought products pretending to be food. although a little splenda in my coffee makes my heart smile.
Welcome back, soldier. Glad to see you reporting for duty.

Make 2013 your year. I know I'm sure as heck making it mine. I'm going to get strong by continuing to lift weights and set goals for myself. Gonna get FAST and start a running regimen when it warms up a little.

Low carb lifting is very doable, and I'll be here to cheer ya on! If you don't have a Fitocracy account, you should set one up! It's like a ...fitness tracking RPG. Very fun, if you're into that sort of thing.

GOT PORK PICS?

Born again from the bread crumbs—a life journal, low-carb style
limetwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:33 PM   #11
Senior LCF Member

my boyfriend made fun of me for writing about my period on here. I was all "IT'S IMPORTANT OK. diet affects hormones." but maybe it's a little gross too, idk.

I made a new year's resolution to not consume any sugar, gluten, cigarettes or alcohol. sounds simple enough, right? as of yesterday I have managed to break ALL of those resolutions. I made it three weeks, yaaaaaay

also I discovered some triggers for the aforementioned. for example, watching people smoke on tv makes me want to smoke. and merely entering a restaurant where delicious food is served somehow makes me unable to resist ordering everything delicious. but that freshly baked naan bread was totally worth it.
Old 01-28-2013, 05:52 PM   #12
Senior LCF Member

when I am totally ON THE BALL, my fridge looks awesome and I want to post braggy pictures of it on the internet.

I stocked it with steaks, eggs, ground pork, romaine lettuce, onions, cucumber, and a few key vegetables I wanted to experiment with this week (green beans, mushrooms, jalapenos, spaghetti squash, zucchini, and a rutabaga). I made sure I had all my favourite cheeses, and cream for my coffee so I wouldn't be tempted by my coworker's flavoured sugary creamer. I made sure I had some deli meats on hand and Freybe Power Sticks (ie. the best pepperoni sticks ever) to nibble on in case of a snack attack. I brought my George Foreman grill to work for daily steaks.

I also made sure to print a bunch of recipes, pre-mix some sugar free vinaigrette recipes, chop some veggies, and shred a buttload of cabbage with my meat slicer. I boiled eight eggs and left them right on the top shelf in a big bowl next to the next day's lunch. that way, I could just reach into the fridge and grab whatever. I spent like four hours shopping, prepping and cooking on Thursday, but it was so worth it. the careful preparation has made a huge difference in my persistence with this diet. and the persistence has made a huge difference in how I feel, both physically and mentally.

so, in short, preparation is key, lest you find yourself pulling a classic Past Aly move of resorting to a "dinner" of Hot Rods and pickles. or worse, getting too hungry, snapping, and eating your coworker's perogies out of the freezer on a night shift. that's the kind of horror you open yourself up to when you're not prepared and don't have the right foods on hand.