WOE: Atkins
Start Date: on and off, up and down since 1/30/07
Monday: Cheat Free Until Labor Day, Day 24

b - Carbmaster blackberry yogurt, coffee w/cream & davinci's
l - none
d - cup of coffee w/cream & splenda
80 oz of water
172 calories, 12.6 fat, 8.9 carbs, 8.9 protein

Long, busy day at work. Didn't take a lunch and didn't get home until almost 10:00. DH is on a business trip and didn't feel like cooking for just myself so late so had a cup of coffee for dinner.

80 days binge free!!
Jennifer is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-28-2012, 05:19 AM   #212
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pcaltman
Stats: 172/168/128 5'7"
WOE: Atkins 72',Primal, Paleo
Start Date: Working on it everyday:)
Wow, that's not enough food Jen. You are going to starve

Well I doing well so far. Sort of had an eye opening this last few days. Really feeling like fall is coming with all the wonderful holiday's and smells. I am determened to enjoy them with lots of pounds gone. I used to make Sugar Free Sheila's pumpkin cream cheese thing at night with the windows open and a cool breaze blowing. It was so nice and fall like. Loving it.....Ok at least the pictures and smells in my head So thinking about a new goal for the month of September. Do you think I could lose 10lbs in one month? I weighed in at a whopping 158 this am Not good Would love to be 145-148 in the next 5 weeks. I will try.

Menu:
B - coffee,hwc,splenda, 2 eggs , cheese, 1 tbsp salsa
L - 1 chicken breast, lettuce, cheese,ranch
D - roaster chicken, side salad, cheese, dressing
S - diet pop
pcaltman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 05:28 AM   #213
Major LCF Poster!

Hey Jenn,

How did you get past the weekend thing? I am exactly like you, night time eater and 4:00pm Friday through Sunday evening free for all. Most of it for me is drinking wine then the kids pizza look and smells good (I have to try 1-3 pieces), then saturday I would justify eating and drinking because hubby and I would workout and work on a project landscaping or something (so all the extra calories I burned would equal out somehow). Come Sunday would sort of get my head back, but Football. Than munchies...... Very bad cycle I would say. So how did you do it? I know if I can make it through 1 weekend I will be ok. It's this first hump I need to get through. Lately I have been justifying my eating and drinking because of all the stress and temp housing stuff. Granted it's bad, but I have to deal somehow right?
Old 08-28-2012, 06:32 AM   #214
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Jennifer
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcaltman View Post
Wow, that's not enough food Jen. You are going to starve
I was too tired last night to worry about it! Working from home today so I'm sure I'll make up for it!

10 lbs in a month is very doable if you stick to plan. Sounds like a good goal to me, especially with the holidays coming up. They will be here before we know it - ready or not!

I was forced out of my weekend blow outs I had been weekend binging and gaining, and then my brother had a surprise 40th birthday for my SIL in late June. I didn't want to go home having had gained back weight (again!), so I white-knuckled my way through a few weekends before it became habit. My clothes started fitting better and I was feeling better, and I just continued. Guess things just clicked Sorry I don't have a better answer, and it's much easier for me, I think, because I don't have to worry about having kid food around. Would your family eat l/c pizza?

Plus, I've been working the past several Saturdays and work stresses me out enough without having to deal with feeling bloated and clothes not fitting.

Good luck! It is hard at first, I won't lie to you, but 80 days binge free and I feel much better.

Last edited by Jennifer; 08-28-2012 at 06:33 AM..
Old 08-28-2012, 06:36 AM   #215

Working a 1/2 day from home today. Not something I get to do on a regular basis, but DH is out of town and I hate coming home to an empty house at night.

One of my employees has a side business baking desserts and he brought a sweet potato pie to the office yesterday. It looked beautiful & delicious, but I resisted
Old 08-28-2012, 12:42 PM   #216
Major LCF Poster!

Good for you to resist

I am still working on it and will take it slow. I feel great in the am, then 4:00pm hits. 4-6 are the worst hours of the day, always have been. If I can get past that, then I am ok. I love lc pizza, but only one of the kids do. I only eat their pizza if I don't make my lc pizza. Weird, but the smell is just too powerful to resist so I make mine now and I am good to go for Friday. Now its on to making it through Saturday
Old 08-28-2012, 08:16 PM   #217

You can do it Pam!
Old 08-28-2012, 08:47 PM   #218

Tuesday: Cheat Free Until Labor Day, Day 25

b - 4 slices bacon, coffee w/cream & splenda
s - 2 mozzarella medallions
l - 2 chicken patties w/mayo & mustard
s - grande coffee from Starbucks w/cream & splenda
d - chicken breast sauteed in olive oil, wedge salad
128 oz water, 1 bottle crystal light margarita, 1 can diet pepsi
1648 calories, 110.8 fat, 22.8 carbs, 132 protein

Nice day today at home. I worked for a few hours, but I could definitely get used to this. Although I think I would get bored, and I know I'd miss the paycheck. Got in a lot of water, and was much better than yesterday eating wise.

Had some cravings, but nothing too bad. Tomorrow is a wedding shower for someone at work and there will be cake. Hope I can resist!

My family in NOLA seems to be getting through Isaac OK. They all still have power so that's good!
Old 08-29-2012, 05:14 AM   #219
Major LCF Poster!

Hi,

Doing well so far. Got some news that changes everything in our lives right now. UGh, We have been trying to buy this house for going on 8 months now. We have moved 2 times into temp housing in a different town. Had to sign the kids up for different school. Then this Sunday we said enough is enough we are done and decided to buy a different house in the area where the kids are in school now. They started school Monday then day 2 yesterday we get the phone call that they are ready to settle this week or next week on the origanal house. WTH!!!! It's still our first choise, but the poor kids will now have to move school. Nice hun, 1 week then move. Every time I try to get settled something comes up. I am so tired......And with our puppy she is driving me nuts. Always wants to play and barks at everything. My poor neighbors I am sure they hate me

At any rate, with all this going on I am still doing well. Do intend on staying the course Loving how good I am doing. I had bbq chicken and after calculating the carbs, realized I was a bit over for the day. I guess it will all work out, but darn. Instead of 20g I was at 35.5g OOPS!!!!!

Menu:
B - coffee,hwc,splenda, 2 eggs , cheese, 1 tbsp salsa
L - chicken salad
D - 3 BBQ chicken thighs, 1/3 creamed caulflower
S - diet pop, Lindts 70% choclate (wanted to try it, and love it)
35.5g

Daily Weigh-in:
Sunday, Aug 26 = 155
Monday, Aug 27 = 157.5
Tuesday, Aug 28 = 158
Wednesday, Aug 29 = 155.5

Glad your family is making it through ISAAC
Old 08-29-2012, 05:18 PM   #220

Hi Pam,

This whole house business must feel like you're on a roller coaster Crazy! But I'm glad you'll get your first choice house!

I love the Lindt 70% chocolate too! So good!

Congrats on the big whoosh!!

Last edited by Jennifer; 08-29-2012 at 05:24 PM..
Old 08-29-2012, 05:24 PM   #221

I left work early, couldn't take it anymore.

I can't decide if I am going to eat dinner or not. I am hungry, but feel like I should take advantage of not having to cook since DH's flight does not get in until almost 9. But to be honest it's not just laziness; I keep thinking that I should have a low food day like Monday while I have the chance. But that seems so eating disorder-y. I will probably just have a cup of coffee and blow off dinner.
Old 08-29-2012, 10:37 PM   #222

Wednesday: Cheat Free Until Labor Day, Day 26

b - 3 eggs scrambled in butter w/cheese melted on top, coffee w/cream & davinci's
l - none
d - cup of coffee w/cream & 2 splenda
81.8 oz water, can of diet cherry 7-Up
553 calories, 48.1 fat, 6.4 carbs, 28.2 protein

I ended up having a cup of coffee for dinner. DH picked up a burger & fries from Beck's on his way home from the airport & the smell was driving me nuts. I'd love to eat a burger & fries with no guilt, but that will never happen and honestly it makes me sad. I hate that every decision about what to eat, or whether to eat is so difficult. I mean, I know what I should eat and normally am fine with it. But every once in a while I just want to eat something off plan without making it into some huge dilemma, knowing that I will pay for it one way or another. So instead I go the opposite way and don't eat at all. I really hate the mucked up relationship I have with food, and the fact that I feel virtuous when I skip a meal, but I also feel deprived because I've skipped a meal. I feel like this is a battle I can't win, and who cares about being thin if I'm not going to be happy? The only thing keeping me going, I admit, is pride. I've gotten so much good attention from my weight loss, that I couldn't bear to gain it back - again.

Just whining I did pass up cake at the bridal shower at work. Boy was that hard - it looked delicious!
Old 08-30-2012, 04:18 AM   #223
Major LCF Poster!

Jenn,

I totally get what your saying. I do have to say when I got thin the first time and stayed that way for 5 years, it just became a habit about food. And I did give myself 2 times a month to eat whatever I wanted to. So if I went out with friends I had the biggest burger, fries, drinks whatever twice a month and maintained prefect. The problem is getting to the point of us being stable enough to have a binge or 2. I hope I am on the right track. I know why I got off track. My dad had a stroke 5 years ago, 1st year was plain hell, trying to keep him alive. He made it and got out of the hospital, but I don't think I have ever recovered from the time and emotions. He is disabled, can't speak or understand things, but he is alive. I spent the next year teaching my mom how to drive, pay bill, close out dad company and just live. My 2 sisters decided they didn't want to deal with anything so when my dad was in the hospital they left with their husbans and kids. I have never heard from them again. They never even came to the hospital to see my dad and I was there everyday all day. My hubby took so much time off from work to help with the kids and my sisters couldn't even make it once So sence then things have changed a lot in my life. No family but mom and dad and I get to take care of them for the rest of my life. They lost everthing and now we are paying for the to live someplace and paying for some bills, which makes it very tight financially in my house these days. So enough of my drama, I think I have pulled though and thought hubby and I were doing the right thing by moving, but look how even that has turned out. I guess I just have bad luck. Even with all this I want to get back to making myself healthy and thin. So it has taken some time to work things out in my head, but I am mostly back. It's a fight everyday to not reach for that emotional bandage, food, but I have got to try.

We can do this I am here for you

Menu:
B - coffee,hwc,splenda, 2 eggs, sausage, cheese
L - 1 chicken breast,1 cup lettuce, cheese, ranch
D - 2 eggs, sausage, cheese
S - coffee,hwc,splenda

Daily Weigh-in:
Sunday, Aug 26 = 155
Monday, Aug 27 = 157.5
Tuesday, Aug 28 = 158
Wednesday, Aug 29 = 155.5
Thursday, Aug 30 = 155.5
Old 08-31-2012, 05:00 AM   #224

Hi Pam,

Love the advice about a couple of planned cheats each month. Thanks for sharing what worked for you! And I know that you will get back there again.

I'm so sorry about the situation with your parents. Thank God your dad made it through, but I can't believe your sisters just abandoned the family like that. Your parents are blessed to have you and your DH, and I admire you so much for being able to handle all of that stress
Old 08-31-2012, 05:06 AM   #225

Thursday: Cheat Free Until Labor Day, Day 27

b - 2 sausage patties, coffee w/cream & splenda
l - steak
d - chicken breast sauteed in olive oil, caesar salad
2 l water, 1 can Sprite zero
1,091 calories, 219.1 fat, 10.6 carbs, 71 protein

Passed up cake again. It was my boss' boss' birthday and managers had a little party for her. This makes the 4th cake opportunity that I have passed up since last Friday. I'd better have a great weigh-in Monday!!!!
Old 08-31-2012, 05:16 AM   #226
Major LCF Poster!

You are doing great. You should have a good weigh in. I am doing well too. When the kids come home from school I feel like munching, but I am really not that hungry. I start getting hungry before dinner,b ut I have able to hold off snacking. so all in all pretty good.

Menu:
L - 1 piece sausage, 1 oz cheese
D - chicken divan
Old 08-31-2012, 10:47 PM   #227

Hi Pam,

It's weird that when I am in the l/c zone I am not a snacker at all, but when I'm not l/c, I could constantly eat. Actually I guess it's not too weird considering ketosis and stable blood sugar when l/c.

Is the chicken divan Linda Sue's recipe? I swear her website is food p0rn! I love to browse it. Have you tried her chocolate truffle tort? So good, and I know you like the Lindt 70% chocolate
Old 08-31-2012, 11:06 PM   #228

Friday: Cheat Free Until Labor Day, Day 28

b - container of Greek yogurt, coffee w/cream & splenda
l - none
d - bunless cheeseburger w/mayo & mustard, salad (lettuce, tomato, bacon, blue cheese crumbles, blue cheese dressing)
86 oz water, 1 can of Tab, grande Starbucks coffee w/cream & splenda
1,248 calories, 99.8 fat, 27.4 carbs, 68.1 protein

My morning sure started off with a bang. I normally go into the office at 10-11, but I had to interview today so was going in for 8. At 7:11 I was still in sweats drinking coffee when it hit me that I had to be at work in 45 minutes Luckily I live pretty close, but I had kitties fed, contacts in, clothes and make-up on, and hair straightened in record time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer
I have to dress business casual tomorrow due to a client visit (usually a very casual office), and I'm hoping I can go spanx-less in the pants I'm planning to wear.
Quoting myself from 6/20 because I wore those pants today & I could get them on and off without undoing them, when 2 months ago I had to wear Spanx with them Being cheat and binge free is working - I can see and feel a difference in my body and clothes. But it's killing me! j/k but it's hard!
Old 09-01-2012, 05:02 AM   #229
Major LCF Poster!

Hi,
yep the recipe is linda's. It's ok, I think I need to tweak it a bit. I might try that tort, but I am trying to stay away from dessert things. I am keeping my carbs 20 or below and added things like treats aways makes me go over.

Menu:
L - 3 piece sausage
D - 3 piece deep dish pizza
S - coffee,hwc,splenda
Old 09-01-2012, 09:59 AM   #230

Hi Pam,

I hear ya on the sweets making you go over on carbs. I think there is one in my future because DH told me he is going to get back to l/c once he is back from Pittsburgh next week, and he always needs to ease himself back in. Even though he's not really a sweets eater, a chocolate truffle tort is his way of easing back in; he always requests it when he gets back on plan. Might as well go add the ingredients to my grocery list now!

I see you made deep dish pizza
Old 09-01-2012, 11:01 PM   #231

Saturday: Cheat Free Until Labor Day, Day 29

b - Greek yogurt, coffee w/cream & splenda
l - none
d (at Ruth's Chris) - 1/2 wedge salad, garlic herb cheese stuffed chicken breast, creamed spinach, taste of DH's filet, cup of coffee w/cream & splenda
100 oz water, grande coffee from Starbucks w/cream & splenda, Crystal Light appletini

DH & I had a nice dinner with a friend. The guys had dessert, but I stuck to plan and was fine. Friend loves to eat as much as I do, and we are both looking forward to Trader Joe's opening in 3 weeks!!!

Even though my clothes feel looser and I can see that I am smaller, I'm feeling anxiety over my weigh-in Monday. My belly seems bloated, and my ankles look swollen. It's just mind games, I know, but I panicked thinking about what if I have gained since my last weigh-in. I wish I could banish all weight related thoughts and concerns from my brain.
Old 09-02-2012, 06:05 AM   #232
Major LCF Poster!

Oh, Jenn I think you will do fine. I look Linda's deep dish pizza and make it every Friday night with sausage, green peppers, onions. So yummy......

Menu:
B - coffee,hwc,splenda, 2 pieces deep dish pizza
L - 2 pieces 70% lindt's chocolate
D - pulled bbq pork, wine

Trying to figure out how do stick to plan on weekends. Hum. Any suggestions Actually I am pretty good lately because I am trying hard, but I do have my wine on the weekends and that messes me up I think
Old 09-02-2012, 05:32 PM   #233

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcaltman View Post
Oh, Jenn I think you will do fine. I look Linda's deep dish pizza and make it every Friday night with sausage, green peppers, onions. So yummy......
No way! I use the same toppings! We have the most similar tastes

I love your chocolate lunch!

What I try to do is treat the weekend like any other day as far as eating goes. What isn't an option M-F isn't an option Sat & Sun either. You may have to grit your teeth through a weekend or 2, but eventually it will become habit.
Old 09-02-2012, 10:18 PM   #234

Sunday: Cheat Free Till Labor Day, Day 30!!!!

b - 3 eggs scrambled in butter w/melted cheese on top, 2 cups of coffee w/cream & splenda
l - .75 oz Gouda cheese
d - steak, caesar salad
104.2 oz water, 2 cans diet coke, grande coffee from starbucks w/cream & splenda
1,483 calories, 259.7 fat, 19.5 carbs, 75.8 protein

I did it - 30 days cheat free!!!!

Too much coffee today, but otherwise good. I was really hungry and ate some of DH's steak at dinner in addition to my own. Probably should have eaten a better lunch, but I was running errands all afternoon.

Hoping for a good weigh-in tomorrow. I'm going to let myself eat whatever I want tomorrow - ice cream is first on my list
Old 09-03-2012, 06:27 AM   #235

WOW!!!!

Labor Day weigh-in <drumroll> 134!!!! My lowest weight in almost 25 years!!! And healthy BMI

My original goal when re-starting l/c in 2007 was 135, but I still need to lose a few more, so I'm going to re-evaluate at 125.

Free eating day today!!!
Old 09-03-2012, 11:07 AM   #236
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: NWLoser
Stats: 235/115
WOE: LC/Atkins
Start Date: 12/06 Final Time!
Congratulations Jennifer! That is awesome. What a neat feeling for you! Have a great day!
NWLoser is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 08:19 PM   #237

Thank you Dianne!!
Old 09-03-2012, 08:35 PM   #238

Monday

b - 3 turkey sausage links, mustard, coffee w/cream & splenda
l - none
d - turkey breast, salad (lettuce, tomatoes, bacon, blue cheese crumbles, blue cheese dressing)
treats (throughout the day)- Magnum Mochaccino ice cream bar, 1 birthday cake Oreo, 3 snack size candy bars, .5 cup Ben & Jerry's Key Lime Pie ice cream
160 oz water, 1 diet coke w/splenda, 1 coke zero
1,874 calories, 111.8 fat, 117.6 carbs, 101.6 protein

I don't even know the last time I ate this much! It was fun, but I feel bloated and I was very lightheaded and having heart palpitations. I'm not sure if it was from all of the sugar or just stress over the work week ahead, but it wasn't good. Twice I could feel where my eating could have gotten out of control if I had let it: once after I ate the Ben & Jerry's, and then when I kept wanting to pick turkey off of the serving plate. After the ice cream, at about 3:30, I told myself no more sugar so that was it for the treats; and then later I had to put down a piece of turkey that was on its way to my mouth. Turkey is low carb & great for you, but at that point I had already had almost 8 oz and I wasn't hungry. I was totally eating out of want, not need, and I knew if I didn't stop myself I would binge.
Old 09-03-2012, 09:51 PM   #239
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: NWLoser
Stats: 235/115
WOE: LC/Atkins
Start Date: 12/06 Final Time!
Good job on reining in the eating. That is something I still struggle with at times. Especially this last week.

You are doing great and I know whatever goal you choose you will look awesome! I am pretty sure you already do! We are our own worse critic. I still have times where I feel HUGE and then people are telling me oh you are so tiny. My head is not convinced yet!

Have a good week and try not to stress too much.
NWLoser is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 05:33 AM   #240
Major LCF Poster!

Hi,

Jenn love the new weight that's awesome

Well back on track. Weekends really are my problem. Just want to relax, but can't. Need to figure out how. Still trying to figure out where to live so I guess that has alot to do with it. Need to stay strong. Keep up the good work.