LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2012, 06:32 AM   #181
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Jennifer
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: on and off, up and down since 1/30/07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggygirl View Post
Jennifer - WOW congratulations on your weight loss, and also on your fighting (and WINNING!) against the binge monster. That has become a huge issue for me and I think I have finally accepted that a low carb life will give me the best shot at winning too. Your journal is really an inspiration!!!

Thanks for giving me hope.

DG
Thank you so much for your kind words! You're doing great yourself!

It took me a while to accept that low carb is the way for me to lose weight & hopefully maintain that loss. In the past, it was a means to an end - lose weight so I could start binging again. It's hard, I won't lie. Not being able to binge is like losing a friend, or really a 'frenemy'. But it is worth it!

I wish you much continued success. Thanks again for posting!
Jennifer is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-22-2012, 06:41 AM   #182

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindym View Post
Hi Jennifer

Thank you for your honesty !! You are such an inspiration and I'm grateful to be able to read your journal.

Did you journal during the more than 200 pound weight loss?

Cindy!! Glad you posted!

I didn't start journaling until I started this one, but now I wish I had. Would have been interesting to say the least!

I sometimes feel embarrassed about what I write here, but I figure this is a weight loss support board, and I can't be the only person here who has ever scarfed down 2 pints of ice cream or more than 1 lb of M&M's in one sitting. If it helps even one person to see that someone who has been at this for as long as I have been still struggles with binging, cravings, etc, then it is well worth it.
Old 08-22-2012, 06:45 AM   #183

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcaltman View Post
Hi Jen,

Nothing really new. I am being very good Feeling thinner and that's always a good thing.

Ha I look young Thank you. We did start young snaged hubby at 22. You can train them when they are young!

Menu:
B - coffee,hwc,splenda, 2 eggs, 1 slice cheese
L - taco salad
D - chicken
S - coffee, hwc, splenda, almonds
Pam!

I feel thinner too! I'm really hoping that my Labor Day weigh-in is good

I got married young too - 21. What was I thinking???? JUST KIDDING!!
Unfortunately, we were not able to have kids but I guess if we had been able to they'd be in college, or at least getting ready for it. Although I'd have an almost 3 year old too because my last pregnancy was in 2009.

It cracks me up how similar our daily menus are
Old 08-22-2012, 07:48 AM   #184
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pcaltman
Stats: 174.5/168/128 5'7"
WOE: Atkins 72',Primal, Paleo
Start Date: Working on it everyday:)
Jen so sorry about the babies Well, you can have some of mind depending on the day

The menus are funny arent they I am trying to reduce what I eat, eat healthier, have some leftovers for lunch, stick to a tight food budget and adjust the amounts because the oldest kid is gone now. Don't know if I am doing any of it right, but at least I am trying

Tonight Spinach lasagna

Last edited by pcaltman; 08-22-2012 at 07:48 AM.. Reason: spelling
pcaltman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 09:45 PM   #185

Wednesday: Cheat Free Until Labor Day, Day 19

b - Greek yogurt w/torani's, coffee w/cream & davinci's
l - none
d - steak, hotdog, wedge salad
65.8 oz water, 2 cans diet Coke

My day started out good. A man who came by to do some work at our house for the first time in about 3 years went on & on about my weight loss. I was shocked he remembered from so long ago, but it was very nice of him to be so complimentary.

Very busy at work so skipped lunch and was really hungry at dinner, which was why I ate a hotdog after my steak. I probably didn't really need it, but I kept going back and forth - am I hungry or not hungry - and finally just gave in. I just wish the decision to eat a stupid hotdog or not didn't feel like I'm negotiating world peace or something Wonder what it's like to have a semi-normal relationship with food.

75 days binge free, and tomorrow will be day 20 cheat free!
Old 08-22-2012, 09:50 PM   #186

Quote:
Tonight Spinach lasagna
How do you make it? What do you use for noodles? It's funny because I have been craving spanakopita, which is basically spinach & cheese - very close to spinach lasagna.
Old 08-23-2012, 03:53 AM   #187
Senior LCF member

Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
I think you're doing great on your 'cheat free' challenge, but I just want to suggest that in the future, that's not a good goal for you.

I've read that for anyone with a tendency to binge, being too restrictive is the worst thing to do because that tends to instigate a binge.

So for long-term weight management, you might consider when and how to include 'treats' that you don't normally eat. That was very tough for me. It was far easier to be 'hard core' during weight loss than to consider some 'indulgences' in maintenance.

For example, I have learned from experience that I need to avoid anything with a sweet taste, so my personal indulgences are nut butters for the most part. I will allow myself an occasional dessert (on my birthday, I had a slice of fantastic carrot cake), but always in a restaurant where the portion is limited. [If I'd had an entire carrot cake at home, I would have eaten it all--really!]

Knowing that I can 'allow' myself almost anything keeps me totally satisfied with my very low carb, low calorie eating 99% of the time.

We all need to figure out what works well for us--our temptations and our weaknesses are individual, but I share my own experiences if there are any similarities that can help someone.
Leo41 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 05:39 AM   #188
Major LCF Poster!

Hi,

Working hard and loving it.

SPINACH LASAGNA
1 pound ground beef
2 tablespoons onion, chopped
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 cup spaghetti sauce
8 ounces cream cheese
1 egg
1/8 teaspoon pepper
10 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed & drained
4 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
2 tablespoons parmesan cheese (I used the kind in a can)

Brown the hamburger with the onion; drain off the fat. Mix in the garlic powder and spaghetti sauce; season to taste and heat until bubbly. Meanwhile, soften the cream cheese in a medium-size microwaveable bowl for about 40-60 seconds. Stir until creamy; beat in the egg and pepper with a spoon until well mixed. Blend in the spinach. Spread half of the meat mixture evenly in the bottom of a greased, 8 x 8" glass baking pan. Spread the spinach mixture over the meat; top with the mozzarella, then the rest of the meat. It may not completely cover the top, but that's ok. Sprinkle with the parmesan cheese. Bake at 350║ about 30 minutes until hot and bubbly. Or, cover with plastic wrap and vent one corner then microwave on HIGH for 3 minutes; then reduce to MEDIUM and cook for another 7-10 minutes until hot and bubbly. Let stand 3 minutes before serving.

Makes 6-9 servings
Can be frozen

Per 1/6 Recipe: 368 Calories; 28g Fat; 23g Protein; 5.5g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 3.5g Net Carbs
Per 1/8 Recipe: 276 Calories; 21g Fat; 17g Protein; 4g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 3g Net Carbs
Per 1/9 Recipe: 245 Calories; 19g Fat; 15g Protein; 3.5g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 2.5g Net Carbs

It's Linda sue's recipe. I like it with a bit more meat and tanginess so I tweak it a bit and use 1 pound sausage and 1/2 lb ground beef. Love it and that's what's on the menu for lunch too

Menu:
B - coffee, hwc, splenda, 2 eggs, 1 slice cheese
L - leftover chicken
D - spinach lasagna
S - coffee, hwc, splenda
Old 08-24-2012, 04:26 AM   #189
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Jen

Was bad last night and had some wine Oh well, still doing great sith everything else and will be good today. Hopefully that wont mess me up too badly.

Menu:
B - coffee, hwc, splenda, leftover spinach lasagna
L - 2 oz cheese
D - roaster chicken
S - wine, oops....

I have a busy day today. 2 kids have orientations at school, one in the am and one in the pm. Will be out and about all day. Still haven't figured out what to do for dinner. Pizzas for the kids and LC pizza for me I guess. Have a great day.
Old 08-24-2012, 06:31 AM   #190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo41 View Post
I think you're doing great on your 'cheat free' challenge, but I just want to suggest that in the future, that's not a good goal for you.

We all need to figure out what works well for us--our temptations and our weaknesses are individual, but I share my own experiences if there are any similarities that can help someone.
I agree Leo. And I really do know better. I was cheat free for an entire year about 10 years ago, but felt so deprived and was so obsessed with food I missed by that point that I started binging and didn't quit until I had gained the 150 lbs I lost + 50 more. My train of thought was that I wanted to give myself a clean month to see if it made a difference in my weight loss. It seems to have done so, and now I have to figure out a way to keep up the loss without feeling deprived. All part of the journey.

I appreciate so much that you share your experiences! What you are doing is obviously working for you, and I just love your zen attitude and how you never give up figuring out your way. I've said so many times that in the past I looked to l/c as a means to an end, but you have been instrumental in really hitting home the fact that this is a lifetime commitment.

Oh, and a very I figured it was close due to your name. Hope it was great!!!

Last edited by Jennifer; 08-24-2012 at 06:34 AM..
Old 08-24-2012, 06:33 AM   #191

Quote:
Hi Jen
S - wine, oops....
I love how wine is a snack

Thanks for sharing the spinach lasagna recipe. It looks great & I'm planning to try it soon.

Don't forget to be prepared with your l/c pizza!

Have a great day!
Old 08-24-2012, 06:43 AM   #192

Thursday: Cheat Free Until Labor Day, Day 20

b - 4 slices bacon, coffee w/cream & davinci's
l - turkey breast slices
d - chipotle & cheese chicken sausage, casear salad
2 l water, 1 can coke zero

Excited that I made it 20 days cheat free! But as my very wise friend Leo41 pointed out, strict restriction (is that redundant??) is not always good for bingers such as myself. I know that, of course, just being stubborn I guess. That inner 2-year old again I'm still going to try to make it to Labor Day cheat free and I will still count the days, but if I make it I make it, and if I don't I don't. I'm good either way.

I would say TGIF, but I'm sure I will be in the office tomorrow. Today is a baby shower for the boss man, and there will be cake. My plan is to not have any because, really, at this moment, I do not want any. We'll see if that changes when it's in my face
Old 08-24-2012, 10:12 PM   #193

Friday: Cheat Free Until Labor Day, Day 21

b - 3 eggs scrambled in butter topped w/melted cheddar; coffe w/cream & torani's
l - none
d - .5 cup cherry tomatoes, grande Starbucks coffee w/cream & splenda
77.6 oz water
493 calories, 40.4 fat, 9.9 carbs, 26.7 protein

Skipped lunch because I was so busy, then stayed at the office until almost 10:00 because of a systems deployment that didn't go exactly as planned. Had to stay to help the IT manager test, and by the time I got home neither DH nor I were in the mood to eat. We may go to breakfast at The Egg & I tomorrow.

Resisted cake at the boss's baby shower. His wife had twins so there were two cakes - one yellow and one chocolate - and they smelled soooo good. But I didn't even have the urge to have a piece.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
I would say TGIF, but I'm sure I will be in the office tomorrow.
Quoting myself, because my boss banned me from the office for tomorrow So I guess all I have to do is post something & the opposite will be true. Like, I'll never win the lottery I will be working from home, but I can work in sweats and do laundry while I work. It's sad that having time to do laundry excites me these days.
Old 08-24-2012, 10:30 PM   #194
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: NWLoser
Stats: 235/115
WOE: LC/Atkins
Start Date: 12/06 Final Time!
Jen, I have been following your journal and you have done an amazing job. I have found that I have to really watch it or I binge. It is something I will probably always have lurking in the background. Someone has recommended the book: The Beck Diet. I haven't gotten it yet but I plan on doing so very soon. It helps you go through the reasons you do binge, etc. It is not actually a "diet". I did LC once and then thought when I had lost most of the weight that I could go back to eating whatever I wanted. I soon put all the weight back on plus more. So once I made up my mind that this was a lifetime commitment, it just clicked with me. I love the way I eat now. I think it is great that some can indulge in sugary items and then go right back to LC. I have decided it would be like having a little drink and being an alcoholic. I like what Leo said about only indulging when away from home and it is a specific portion. That sounds great but I am not going to even allow that as I don't want to open the floodgates.
KUTGW. You truly are one of my heroes.

I AM NOW LESS THAN HALF OF MY FORMER SELF!!

Dianne

A proud TOPS member - became a KOPS on 4/24/08!

Join us over at the lowcarb TOPS thread. http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...-part-2-a.html
NWLoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 05:20 AM   #195
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning,

Jenn your doing great. I know my wine as a snack. Didn't really know where ealse to put it. Had some more last night , but really want to stop. Picking up a scale today You are right, I held off and made that lc pizza and it was worth it. I have leftovers so will eat it today for breakfast and probably skip lunch. Will be out and about with the kids today get stuff for school. Doing good with my menu.

Jenn it doesn't look like you eat enough. You probably arent' hungry, like me. Have a great day.

Menu:
B - coffee,hwc,splenda,3 eggs, ham, cheese
L - nothing
D - lindas deep dish pizza
S - wine
Old 08-26-2012, 05:51 AM   #196
Major LCF Poster!

Hi,

Redskins won yesterday Doing ok. Got a new scale so very happy now I can keep track of my weight.

Menu:
B - coffee,hwc,splenda,lindas deep dish pizza
L - nothing
D - pot roast, side salad
S - wine, almonds

Weight:
Sunday, Aug 26 = 155
Old 08-26-2012, 01:14 PM   #197

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWLoser View Post
Jen, I have been following your journal and you have done an amazing job. I have found that I have to really watch it or I binge. It is something I will probably always have lurking in the background. Someone has recommended the book: The Beck Diet. I haven't gotten it yet but I plan on doing so very soon. It helps you go through the reasons you do binge, etc. It is not actually a "diet". I did LC once and then thought when I had lost most of the weight that I could go back to eating whatever I wanted. I soon put all the weight back on plus more. So once I made up my mind that this was a lifetime commitment, it just clicked with me. I love the way I eat now. I think it is great that some can indulge in sugary items and then go right back to LC. I have decided it would be like having a little drink and being an alcoholic. I like what Leo said about only indulging when away from home and it is a specific portion. That sounds great but I am not going to even allow that as I don't want to open the floodgates.
KUTGW. You truly are one of my heroes.
Hi Dianne,

You've done great! And you're at goal Don't you love being half the woman you once were? Your weight is so low; how tall are you?

I am going to look for that book. In Brain Over Binge, the author writes that binging is due to our animal brain thinking binging is critical to life for those of us who have given in to the urge over & over, which is a purely physiological explanation. I think that my binging is also caused by emotional factors since I mainly get the urge when I'm stressed, depressed, angry, tired...which unfortunately is most of the time these days. I admire that you do not indulge at all; I know I could not do that!

Thanks so much for writing and for your kind words
Old 08-26-2012, 01:21 PM   #198

Hi Pam,

Hope you're having a good weekend and got all of the back to school shopping taken care of. Saints won too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcaltman
it doesn't look like you eat enough. You probably arent' hungry, like me.
I don't get very hungry for the most part, but the little I ate Friday was really due to time constraints. Too busy at work to take a lunch, and then staying late at work. By the time I got home DH had eaten something & I didn't want to cook for just myself. It doesn't bother me when it happens organically like that, but if I had started the day with the goal of eating like I did I would have been starving!

Glad you made l/c pizza for yourself! Yay for a new scale!

Last edited by Jennifer; 08-26-2012 at 01:39 PM..
Old 08-26-2012, 01:32 PM   #199

Saturday: Cheat Free Until Labor Day, Day 22

brunch (at The Egg & I) - 1/2 Denver omelet, side of fruit, 2 cups of coffee w/cream & splenda
d - other half of omelet, wedge salad
87 oz water, 1 can diet Dr. Pepper, coffee w/cream & davinci's

So nice to be off on a Saturday! I did some work and laundry, then got a mani and went to Target, Kroger & Whole Foods.

I also went to Penny's (got a jacket on clearance for $7) and tried on some Levi's. Size 6 in stretchy jeans fit, but I couldn't find any non-stretchy ones to see they would fit. Being able to wear a size 6 jeans is pretty much my goal, but I hate that you have to make concessions for stretch, vanity sizing, etc. I have a pair of 8's from Talbot's that are my smallest jeans, so I guess when those are my fat jeans & I can fit into 6 in that style I will be done I have also heard that J Crew never did vanity sizing so maybe my goal should be size 6 J Crew jeans Or maybe I should shoot for a certain weight Is even a size 6 still too big on someone who is only 5'2"? Ugh! The closer I get, the crazier this is making me
Old 08-26-2012, 01:38 PM   #200

Cravings!

I am craving chocolate. Badly! I know it won't kill me to pop a dark chocolate Dove promises or 2, but I do feel that it is emotional, and I'm trying to get away from food as comfort. And with the way I feel I would not be able to guarantee that I would not binge. I'm already stressing about work next week, and DH will be out of town until Wednesday night, which I hate, so I know that has a lot to do with it.

I would love to be able to zone out and binge right now...
Old 08-26-2012, 01:50 PM   #201
Senior LCF member

"The closer I get, the crazier this is making me."

This is a problem we all have to deal with. I've tried to make my motto, "I don't do crazy," to remind myself to back off when I'm headed in that direction

You mention Brain Over Binge--and that book has helped me the most of anything else I've read on the subject--when I remember to follow the principles. Most of the book is her own story, and I know some people got impatient with that part, but it's really necessary, IMO, to understand her total perspective.

I just discovered that she also has a website that has some tips and techniques that go beyond the book.

Sadly, I had a 'mini-binge' on Friday ('mini' because I was able to stop myself before I finished off all the food I'd bought) because I just ignored one of the main principles--i.e., when the urge to binge surfaces, the worse thing is to try to 'fight' it because that lower brain is really, really strong--and you'll lose. The advice is to just ignore the urge and find some way to distract yourself. On Friday, I tried to 'fight' the urge--and I lost. Next time I need to follow the principles because when I do, I find that they work amazingly well.

My "excuse" is that I've done so well for so long that I was out of practice in dealing with the urge, and I just reacted rather than remember how to deal with it.
Old 08-26-2012, 01:51 PM   #202
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: NWLoser
Stats: 235/115
WOE: LC/Atkins
Start Date: 12/06 Final Time!
Hi Jen. I am also a binger at times. It is all due to emotions on my part too. I just don't binge on "food" that I would not normally eat. I will binge on nuts which I do eat almost every day anyway. Or I will get some sf candy and binge on it. I just don't binge on the junk food loaded with sugar and carbs any more. But I do still have binging episodes. I applaud you for fighting it for so long.

I am 5' tall in answer to your question. My weight ranges from 115-118. I will go up a few lbs. once in awhile but due to me attending TOPS each week, I rein it in and get to 118 or below. I like to be at 115 but some times I just want to eat a lot! LOL! When I say that, it is nothing like I used to eat. Jen you also are less than half of what you used to be. You must feel so good!!! I know I love it. I am still astounded when I go to the store and find clothes easily. I used to just settle for whatever fit.

Have you tried Lindt 85% or 90% dark chocolate? I sometimes have a square of that when I am craving chocolate. I was a huge huge chocolate eater in the past. I never ever had one candy bar. I always had at least 2 or more at one time. I am pretty amazed that I have at least kicked that to the curb.

I hope you don't mind me joining in here at times as you are amazing! You need to believe in yourself as you have totally done an amazing job.

I called it goal when I reached 135 and enjoyed that weight for awhile. Then as a few months went on, my weight went down and I changed goal. I did that until my goal of 115. My body seemed to want to go lower. So my advice is to see where you truly feel comfortable. If you are happy at the weight you are currently at, maybe that should be your goal for now. JMHO.

Last edited by NWLoser; 08-26-2012 at 02:01 PM..
NWLoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 08:55 PM   #203

Quote:
Sadly, I had a 'mini-binge' on Friday ('mini' because I was able to stop myself before I finished off all the food I'd bought) because I just ignored one of the main principles--i.e., when the urge to binge surfaces, the worse thing is to try to 'fight' it because that lower brain is really, really strong--and you'll lose. The advice is to just ignore the urge and find some way to distract yourself. On Friday, I tried to 'fight' the urge--and I lost. Next time I need to follow the principles because when I do, I find that they work amazingly well.
Sorry about the mini-binge, but good for you for stopping! Once I start I don't stop until it's all gone I can see where I may have been fighting too hard, but I will be honest, it's hard for me to distract myself when it comes to food. Once the thought is there, it's there. All we can do is keep working at it, hope that eventually it will be second nature.
Old 08-26-2012, 09:23 PM   #204

Hi Dianne,

I am thrilled that you posted! Thank you for the nice words. Unfortunately I have no belief in myself or have any self-confidence whatsoever. I'm thinking about trying hypnosis to see if that helps.

I never ate one of anything either, but it is something I'm working on. I cannot image never eating certain things again, so I have to teach myself limits.

I like the Lindt 85% & the 70%. Haven't tried the 90; don't know that I could handle that! I'm not opposed to eating chocolate at all, it's just that today it would have been to feed emotions and I really want to get past that. I was really feeling stressed, angry, and anxious on top of being very hungry, and I was afraid that a small piece of chocolate would open the floodgates, as you put it the other day.

I'm thinking that after my Labor Day weigh-in I am going to call temporary goal, and not worry about what I eat or losing weight for a while. Not long, 6 weeks or so, and my only expectation of myself will be to remain binge free. I'm just afraid that no matter how much permission I give myself to just "be" when it comes to food, almost 30 years of yo-yo dieting is going to rear its ugly head. This was something I wanted to wait to try until I had some leeway in case I gain weight, but I think that for my mental health it's important that I try it sooner rather than later.
Old 08-26-2012, 09:24 PM   #205

Quote:
This is a problem we all have to deal with. I've tried to make my motto, "I don't do crazy," to remind myself to back off when I'm headed in that direction
I love it! have to adopt that motto!!!
Old 08-26-2012, 09:34 PM   #206

Sunday: Cheat Free Till Labor Day, Day 23

b - 3 turkey sausage links dipped in mustard, coffee w/cream & davinci's
l (at Beck's Prime) - 1/2 kids' meal of chicken tenders & sweet potato fries
d - steak, caesar salad, other 1/2 of lunch
90 oz water, 1 can of Fresca, 2 bottles of crystal light (iced tea & lemonade), grande coffee from Starbucks w/cream & splenda

I was so freaking hungry today, both physically and mentally. I'm stressed about work, worried about DH traveling, and worried about my family in NOLA. At dinner I ate my whole ribeye, a couple of bites of DH's filet, a salad, and I was still hungry. Real hunger - I could feel cold liquid hit my stomach (my hunger test). I had planned to eat the other 1/2 of my lunch during the week but ate that too. It did the trick though & my physical hunger was finally satisfied.
Old 08-27-2012, 02:59 AM   #207
Senior LCF member

Jennifer- Since I live at home, I have the luxury of 'weird' mealtimes. I've found that I, too, can have days that are 'hungrier' than others, and I try to fill up on protein as soon as possible. I'm a morning eater, and sometimes I've finished my calorie allotment for the day by noon. But then I'm satisfied for the rest of the day.

I find that 'hungry' (true hunger) is dangerous, so I try to satisfy it when it surfaces to avoid going off the rails.

And you're right about that one piece of chocolate. When I'm in a binge 'mood,' the last thing I need is any type of 'trigger' food.

In my experience, long-term weight management involves learning about ourselves, what our 'triggers' are, and how to deal with those urges to binge--that I know will always be with me. I absolutely refuse to regain. It's not an option!
Old 08-27-2012, 05:04 AM   #208
Major LCF Poster!

Hi all,

I have that hunger right before TOM. You all are doing great. Now I just to get my head in the game and do this right. I am great for 5 days then comes the weekend, ugh!!!! Feeling pretty heavy right now so I need to figure this out and work harder. Have a great day ladies
Old 08-27-2012, 10:18 PM   #209

Hi Pam,

Weekends are tough! My old habit was to stick to plan M-F afternoon, then start the binge Friday night after work. For me a lot of it had to do with the mind set that weekends are carefree, and, for me, eating whatever I want makes me feel carefree. Not so much the eating as much as the not worrying about it. I'm very good at tuning it out until I feel like crap & my clothes are too tight. But I somehow always connect binging to being carefree, and being carefree to binging. Something as simple (for others) as stopping for an ice cream cone while running errands becomes a matter of life or death for me; I just want to be free of those thoughts!

Rambling...sorry. Good luck getting back on track!
Old 08-27-2012, 10:30 PM   #210

Quote:
Jennifer- Since I live at home, I have the luxury of 'weird' mealtimes. I've found that I, too, can have days that are 'hungrier' than others, and I try to fill up on protein as soon as possible. I'm a morning eater, and sometimes I've finished my calorie allotment for the day by noon. But then I'm satisfied for the rest of the day.

I find that 'hungry' (true hunger) is dangerous, so I try to satisfy it when it surfaces to avoid going off the rails.

And you're right about that one piece of chocolate. When I'm in a binge 'mood,' the last thing I need is any type of 'trigger' food.

In my experience, long-term weight management involves learning about ourselves, what our 'triggers' are, and how to deal with those urges to binge--that I know will always be with me. I absolutely refuse to regain. It's not an option!
I'm a nighttime eater; funny how we're all so different. I guess it's because dinner is the only meal that DH & I have together.

I sometimes fight even real hunger. I tell myself that I can easily afford to skip a meal or 2, and can definitely afford to skip a snack. It's really messed up thinking because eating when hungry is a basic response to a basic need.

You are so right about needing to know ourselves to be a success at weight management. I sure don't like everything I've learned, but the lessons have been necessary. Regaining isn't an option for me either. I'd rather stay where I am, still a little overweight, if it means staying where I am and not gaining.