Old 08-07-2012, 06:31 AM   #151
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Jennifer
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: on and off, up and down since 1/30/07
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcaltman View Post

Sorry Jen I am a Redskins fan
Saints v Redskins is the first game of the regular season! But we can still be friends

Sorry you had some setbacks over the weekend, but looks like you're back on track!
Jennifer is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-07-2012, 11:54 AM   #152
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pcaltman
Stats: 172/168/128 5'7"
WOE: Atkins 72',Primal, Paleo
Start Date: Working on it everyday:)
Yes we will still be friends
pcaltman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 06:09 AM   #153

Tuesday; Cheat Free Until Labor Day, Day 4

b - 4 slices bacon, coffee w/cream & davinci's
l - none
d - chicken breast sauteed in butter w/melted cheese & sour cream on top; salad w/2 slices bacon, blue cheese dressing
86.9 oz water, 1 can caffeine free diet coke
764 calories, 55.1 fat, 11.7 carbs, 51.5 protein
Old 08-08-2012, 11:41 AM   #154
Major LCF Poster!

Day 3 for me

Menu:

B - coffee,hwc,splenda,leftover chicken
L - 2 Nathan's hotdogs
D - ground beef,peppers,onion skillet dinner, side salad
S - peanuts, coffee,hwc,splenda
Old 08-09-2012, 03:55 AM   #155
Major LCF Poster!

Day 4

Doing well. Hope you are too.

Menu:

B - coffee,hwc,splenda,2 eggs, goat cheese (love my goat cheese)
L - cheeseburger, lettuce, mayo, almonds
D - baked chicken leg, steamed cauliflower w/cream cheese
S - coffee, hwc, splenda

First football game on tonight. Maybe I will be able to watch a little bit after picking the kids up from sports. Have a great day.
Old 08-09-2012, 08:07 PM   #156

Hi Pam,

Glad you're doing well!

Did your team win? Mine lost by 1 point Oh well, it's only pre-season, which used to be the only games the Saints won
Old 08-09-2012, 08:10 PM   #157

Wednesday; Cheat Free Until Labor Day, Day 5

b - 3 eggs scrambled in butter w/cheddar melted on top; coffee w/cream & davinci's
l - turkey breast, 2 mozzarella medallions
d - pork chop sauteed in butter, caesar salad
2 l water, 1 can of diet Coke
Old 08-09-2012, 08:20 PM   #158

Thursday; Cheat Free Until Labor Day, Day 6

b - 2 sausage patties, coffee w/cream & davinci's
l - turkey breast, 2 mozzarella medallions
d (at Taste of Texas) - salad bar (lettuce, grape tomatoes, mozzarella, onion, egg, grilled veg, ranch, bacon), bunless cheeseburger w/mayo, lettuce, onion tomato; green beans, coffee w/cream & splenda
2 l water, .5 can diet coke w/splenda

DH wanted to go to dinner and I did pretty well - no alcohol, which is unheard of for me when eating out, especially after the week I've had. But it's not on the Induction list, so I passed. I ate too many vegs, but it was not vegs that made me fat so I don't feel bad about that, and I probably could have stopped eating my burger before I did. I did turn down the bacon that DH's steak was wrapped in, and the tiny piece of steak that he didn't eat. Really tiny, like an oz. Normally I would have scarfed it down just because it was so small, but I didn't. That is a victory for me. I wasn't even tempted by his ice cream & chocolate sauce.

TWO MONTHS BINGE FREE!!!!!
Old 08-11-2012, 07:05 AM   #159

Friday: Cheat Free Until Labor Day, Day 7

b - Carbmaster raspberry yogurt
l - none
d - cheese & chipotle chicken sausage, salad (lettuce, tomato, blue cheese crumbles, bacon, blue cheese dressing)
2 l water, .5 can diet coke w/splenda, 1 can coke zero, grande coffee from Starbucks w/cream & splenda

I spent Friday interviewing. By coincidence the majority of the candidates were from the same employment agency, and the rep brought us a box of awesome cookies. Not sure where they were from, but I know their office down the street from a place called Dessert Gallery, so I'm guessing they were from there. Anyway, there was all kinds - chocolate chip dipped in chocolate, white chocolate macadamia, oatmeal raisin, and a few really cutesy decorated sugar cookies. I did not eat one, and wasn't even tempted to be honest. My boss kept going on & on about my will power. Not sure why it was easy to resist yesterday, and today if confronted with temptation I might have to use all my might to resist I'm just grateful for the "easy" days and hope they continue!

Busy weekend. We have a huge project at work & boss offered OT for everyone, including some depts not ours. So now I get to work both today & tomorrow Yeah, stress me out more and make me even more tired than I already am, thanks very much. When I was brushing my teeth this morning I could see the bags and dark circles under my eyes in the mirror without my contacts in and I am blind!

Disclaimer: I know that complaining about my job and having too much work to do is totally a first world problem, and I am extremely grateful to be gainfully employed. Just venting

Last edited by Jennifer; 08-11-2012 at 07:11 AM..
Old 08-12-2012, 05:41 AM   #160

Saturday; Cheat Free Until Labor Day: Day 8

b - 4 slices bacon, coffee w/cream & davinci's
l - none
d (at Pappas Burgers) - lettuce wrapped cheeseburger w/mayo & onions; side salad w/ranch dressing; diet coke
2 l water, grande coffee from Starbucks w/cream & splenda

I found out Saturday that one of the systems we would be using for our project at work was going to be down Sunday AM. I decided to do a big push to get phase 1 completed Sat so no one would have to come in Sunday to finish it up. Success!! I had enough volunteers to stay to finish up, so no work Sunday. So grateful for my awesome team!!
Old 08-12-2012, 06:16 AM   #161
Major LCF Poster!

Hi,

Yep Redskins won We will see in the regular season Please vent any time. I sure my hubby would rather me vent to you then him

Menu:
B - coffee,hwc,splenda,2 eggs, goat cheese
L - almonds
D - 1 bbq chicken leg
S - wine

So doing ok with food, just drinking on the weekend. Decided to be as good as I can be during the week without exception. I will make this work one way or another. Have a great day!
Old 08-12-2012, 04:57 PM   #162
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: adelinesdream
Stats: 300/170/155
WOE: low carb;hcg
Start Date: August 8, 2008
Jennifer, you are completely and totally amazing! YOU INSPIRE ME.

Adeline
adelinesdream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 06:26 AM   #163
Major LCF Poster!

Hope your having a great monday! Starting fresh today for the whole week.
Old 08-15-2012, 06:19 AM   #164

Quote:
Originally Posted by adelinesdream View Post
Jennifer, you are completely and totally amazing! YOU INSPIRE ME.

Adeline
Thank you Adeline (love your name)! You've done great yourself!!!
Old 08-15-2012, 06:20 AM   #165

Quote:
Hope your having a great monday! Starting fresh today for the whole week.
So are you giving up your weekend wine? Hope things are getting less stressful for you. Any word on the move?
Old 08-15-2012, 06:22 AM   #166

I'm still binge & cheat free, just haven't had a chance to get in here and update or post menus. Will try tonight - been a stressful and tiring week and it's only Wednesday
Old 08-17-2012, 05:33 AM   #167

Quick Update...

Still binge free (69 days) and cheat free (13 days)

Work has been crazy busy & stressful. I'm working a ton of hours due to a new project and 80 new employees all at once, and I'm tired. But still grateful for my job Not a lot of rest this weekend since I have to be at the vet with my kitteh by 8:00 so they can squeeze her in for blood work for her thyroid, then go to the office for a few hours, then my regular weekend errands. I'd love to take a new Vick's zzzz pill & sleep all day Sunday, but I will at best be working from home, and at worst having to go in for a few hours.

Several birthdays at work this week, and I have passed up 5 pieces of cake! I jokingly said that I picked the wrong month to stay on my diet, and a new employee asked me how much I wanted to lose. I told her 20-25 lbs, and she said "from where?" Then another new employee saw 2 2l water bottles on my desk and said, "Is your tiny self going to drink all that water?" The fact that they did not know be before 3 weeks ago means they are not calling me tiny or think I'm not as overweight as I think I am relative to my size before. I wish I had a good gauge of my size.

Also, I ate out 3 days last week, and no alcohol!! DH was shocked

Last edited by Jennifer; 08-17-2012 at 05:35 AM..
Old 08-17-2012, 07:17 AM   #168
Major LCF Poster!

hi,

Just got back from dropping my son off at College. Miss him already He will have a blast.

Nothing new on the house front. Things still in motion, but we will see. don't believe anything at this point. Need to get my kids registered for school someplace, so Monday I will be doing that. I have been good. Still having some wine, but limited amount. Just need to destress. Everytime I think life couldn't get worse it does. Food choices are great, even when eating out. So I guess I am pretty stable on my diet. Just want to get settled.

Jen, Good for you for passing on the cake and no alcohol!!!!! Slowly we will do this
Old 08-17-2012, 10:33 PM   #169

Friday: Cheat Free Until Labor Day, Day 14

b - 3 turkey sausage links, coffee w/cream & davinci's
l - turkey breast slices
d (at Pappas Burger) - cheeseburger wrapped in lettuce w/mayo & onions; side salad w/ranch dressing
2.5 l water, 1 bottle crystal light margarita, 1 grande coffee from Starbucks w/cream & splenda, 1/2 can diet Pepsi

I am really struggling with not cheating. I have a glass container full of Dove promises candies and I took the lid off and smelled them today - I almost caved, but stayed strong. It had better be worth it when I weigh in on Labor Day!

I'm starting to get resentful that I can't eat what I want. I'm enjoying loose clothes and people telling me not to lose any more, but I want ice cream

I really need to go to bed but feel wound up. 6:00 will be here before I know it
Old 08-18-2012, 12:53 AM   #170
Senior LCF member

Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
Jennifer- I've found that being too restrictive results in a 'rebound' and overeating. So I try to include treats that 'work' for me. For example, I, too, love ice cream, but that's not possible for me on a regular basis. But I've discovered that if I'm having a restaurant meal, I can handle that single portion of ice cream for dessert.

Of course, I don't do that often, but just the notion that I can have it, helps me choose not to have it (does this make any sense?).

When I'm tempted to eat something I know I should avoid, I always do a quick 'cost/benefit' analysis in my head, and 99% of the time the 'cost' (to me) outweigh any 'benefit,' and I don't indulge. This makes it my choice rather than some imposed restriction.

Of course, it really helps that I love low carb foods--fish, meat, eggs and am usually totally satisfied with my WOE. But if I didn't allow myself peanut butter and almond butter for regular 'treats,' I might feel deprived, and, in my experience, a sense of deprivation is dangerous.
Leo41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 06:33 AM   #171
Major LCF Poster!

Ran out of eggs this am so only had 1 for breakfast. I know that will not be enough to keep me unil lunch so might have to think of something else to eat. Doing ok, but last night caved to the pizza. Not good. Friday night pizza kills me every time. Ran around doing everything until 8:00pm intended to make Linda's deep dish pizza, but not enough time and I was hungry, so grilled up a tiny steak. Then caved at 11 with the leftover pizza. I know so bad.......Need to plan my days or I eat whatever. So off to plan. Have a great day.
Old 08-18-2012, 10:08 PM   #172

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo41 View Post
Jennifer- I've found that being too restrictive results in a 'rebound' and overeating. So I try to include treats that 'work' for me. For example, I, too, love ice cream, but that's not possible for me on a regular basis. But I've discovered that if I'm having a restaurant meal, I can handle that single portion of ice cream for dessert.

Of course, I don't do that often, but just the notion that I can have it, helps me choose not to have it (does this make any sense?).

When I'm tempted to eat something I know I should avoid, I always do a quick 'cost/benefit' analysis in my head, and 99% of the time the 'cost' (to me) outweigh any 'benefit,' and I don't indulge. This makes it my choice rather than some imposed restriction.

Of course, it really helps that I love low carb foods--fish, meat, eggs and am usually totally satisfied with my WOE. But if I didn't allow myself peanut butter and almond butter for regular 'treats,' I might feel deprived, and, in my experience, a sense of deprivation is dangerous.
What you wrote makes perfect sense, and is normally how I think. But I am striving to be cheat-free until Labor Day and in order to do so I am in restrict mode. So right now I don't feel like it is really my choice, even though it is my choice to stay cheat free. Talk about something not making sense!!! My food being restricted is the one thing that can turn me from a rational adult into a bratty 2-year old...lol
I have used the 'cost/benefit' analysis quite often these past few months and it has really helped me to make good decisions, rather than using it to gauge the damage after the binge. That after the fact analysis didn't last for very long, if at all.
I don't feel deprived per se, and like you I love low carb foods. It's just that inner bratty 2-year old invading my head

Last edited by Jennifer; 08-18-2012 at 10:15 PM..
Old 08-18-2012, 10:13 PM   #173

Quote:
Ran out of eggs this am so only had 1 for breakfast. I know that will not be enough to keep me unil lunch so might have to think of something else to eat. Doing ok, but last night caved to the pizza. Not good. Friday night pizza kills me every time. Ran around doing everything until 8:00pm intended to make Linda's deep dish pizza, but not enough time and I was hungry, so grilled up a tiny steak. Then caved at 11 with the leftover pizza. I know so bad.......Need to plan my days or I eat whatever. So off to plan. Have a great day.
Sorry you gave into pizza, but boy is it hard to resist! Hope you ate something else for b/k - no way would one egg fill me up especially the day after an indulgence.
I can't believe you have a child in college - you look so young!
Old 08-18-2012, 10:49 PM   #174

Saturday: Cheat Free Until Labor Day, Day 15

b - Carbmasters banana cream pie yogurt, coffee w/cream & davinci's
l - none
d - chicken breast sauteed in butter, topped w/prepper jack cheese & sour cream; salad (lettuce, tomato, bacon, blue cheese crumbles, blue cheese dressing)
82 oz water, 1 can of diet cherry 7Up, grande coffee from Starbucks w/cream & splenda
963 calories, 66.5 fat, 22.2 carbs, 70.5 protein

Worked most of the day today and didn't bring anything to eat so just skipped lunch. I'm fine with eating 2 meals a day some days, but I couldn't make that a WOE like some people I see doing here at LCF. More power to them though.
Old 08-19-2012, 07:23 AM   #175
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Doggygirl
Stats: 204/189/152
WOE: In Limbo
Start Date: Each day is a new day to start fresh.
Jennifer - WOW congratulations on your weight loss, and also on your fighting (and WINNING!) against the binge monster. That has become a huge issue for me and I think I have finally accepted that a low carb life will give me the best shot at winning too. Your journal is really an inspiration!!!

Thanks for giving me hope.

DG
Doggygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 01:38 PM   #176
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: cindym
Stats: 350(Dr.'s office)/322/200
Start Date: Off and on since 26Feb01
Hi Jennifer

Thank you for your honesty !! You are such an inspiration and I'm grateful to be able to read your journal.

Did you journal during the more than 200 pound weight loss?

cindym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 06:14 AM   #177

Sunday: Cheat Free Till Labor Day, Day 16

b - 4 slices bacon dipped in mayo; coffee w/cream & davinci's
l - grande coffee from Starbucks w/cream & splenda
d - ribeye, caesar salad
128 oz water, 1 can Tab, 1 bottle crystal light appletini
1,143 calories, 236 fat, 13.3 carbs, 40.7 protein

Lazy day. Did laundry and worked a little.
Old 08-22-2012, 06:18 AM   #178

Monday: Cheat Free Until Labor Day, Day 17

b - 3 eggs scrambled in butter w/pepper jack cheese melted on top; coffee w/cream & torani's
l - steak
d - chicken breast sauteed in olive oil; salad (lettuce, tomatoes, blue cheese crumbles, bacon, blue cheese dressing)
2 l water, 1 can diet Barq's
1,414 calories, 99.4 fat, 15.8 carbs, 112.6 protein

Worked almost 12 hours. Very tired & stressed!

Last edited by Jennifer; 08-22-2012 at 06:24 AM..
Old 08-22-2012, 06:20 AM   #179
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Jen,

Nothing really new. I am being very good Feeling thinner and that's always a good thing.

Ha I look young Thank you. We did start young snaged hubby at 22. You can train them when they are young!

Menu:
B - coffee,hwc,splenda, 2 eggs, 1 slice cheese
L - taco salad
D - chicken
S - coffee, hwc, splenda, almonds
Old 08-22-2012, 06:22 AM   #180

Tuesday: Cheat Free Until Labor Day, Day 18

b - 3 turkey sausage links, coffee w/cream & davinci's
l - turkey breast, green beans
d - chicken breast sauteed in olive oil, caesar salad
75 oz water, 1 can caffeine free diet coke

Passed up German chocolate cake.
So tired of not having any self-confidence at work (and in life in general). I wonder if hypnosis would help