LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2012, 11:16 PM   #121
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Jennifer
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: on and off, up and down since 1/30/07
Quote:
Originally Posted by tay65 View Post
Jennifer, I love B1G1F's!!! There must be a starbucks close to you. There's one a few miles down the road, but I don't go there often.
I've almost made it to the 10 lb mark! Maybe tomorrow!
There are tons of Starbucks around here. There's even a street where there are 2 on opposite corners But I love their Pike Place coffee, and I really love their sweet drinks that are more like dessert!

Sorry you didn't make it to 10 lbs lost, but you will soon!!

Chloe is adorable in the bubbles
Jennifer is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-24-2012, 11:21 PM   #122

pcaltman - Thanks for posting your menus. We eat very similarly. Is it coincidence that the breakfasts and lunches you posted are the same, or is that your "regular"? We have chicken breast for dinner almost every night - mostly because they are quick & easy to make, and honestly it's our favorite protein. I just change up the spices so we have some variety.
Old 07-25-2012, 05:53 AM   #123
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pcaltman
Stats: 174.5/168/128 5'7"
WOE: Atkins 72',Primal, Paleo
Start Date: Working on it everyday:)
Hi,

Forgot to post yesterday sorry. Things are a bit busy around here. Anyway, I love chicken salad. I am the only one in the family that does so I make it for lunch. My lunch is usually chicken salad or cheeseburger patty. I love them both so no need to be creative Breakfast never changes, coffee and 2 eggs. I finally got some goat chese (my other favorite) for my eggs. Love it so much...... Dinner I cook sort of what I have. I plan weekly menus, but they don't always work out. Like this week. We are in temp housing and the oven just broke on me the other day. So now I have my microwave, crock pot and one gas burner to cook dinners with. Not cool....We are moving this weekend so hopefully I will be able to cook better dinners. I love cooking, problem is Atkins in more on the basic side, meats and salad or veggies. Need to stick with that.

Doing well so far. Snacking on peanuts a bit and looked at the carb count this morning. Needless to say I was shocked. More carbs than I planned, so no more peanuts for me.

Menu for yesterday:
B - coffee, hwc, splenda, 2 eggs, 1 slice cheese
L - leftover steak, 6 oz chicken salad
D - pork chop, sauteed zucchini and onions
S - coffee,hwc,splenda, peanuts

Hope you are doing well too. My small goal is to eat right all the way to Friday. I know but I need to make tiny goals for me to reach. If I say I want to loose 30lbs in 6 months well not sure. That seems so overwhelming, so I will stick to small goals, like one day at a time

Pam
pcaltman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 04:00 AM   #124
Major LCF Poster!

Morning,

Menu:
B - coffee,hwc,splenda,2 eggs, goat cheese
L - 6 oz chicken salad, 1 oz cheese
D - bbq chicken leg, side salad w/ranch
S - coffee,hwc,splenda, 1 oz cheese

Doing well. taking it one day at a time Hope your doing well yourself
Old 07-26-2012, 10:25 PM   #125

Hi Pam,

Good luck with the move. WTG staying on plan throughout what I would imagine is a stressful time (I hate moving!) I'm with you about loving to cook, but sticking with the basics. I love to watch cooking shows, subscribe to 2 cooking magazines, and read cookbooks like novels, and I'm always tweaking recipes in my head to make them low carb, but I never get around to actually fixing them

Peanuts are killer for me too. And cashews!! I was at a friend's out about a month ago and she put out some almonds & cashews - I ate myself sick!
Old 07-26-2012, 10:27 PM   #126

Wednesday

b - 3 eggs scrambled in butter w/melter swiss cheese on top, coffee w/cream & splenda
l - none (too bust at work)
d - chicken breast sauteed in butter, caesar salad
68 oz water, 1 can diet coke w/splenda
Old 07-26-2012, 11:12 PM   #127

Thursday

b - 2 sausage patties, coffee w/cream & davinci's
l - steak, tomato slices w/blue cheese crumbles & blue cheese vinaigrette dressing
d - chipotle & monterey jack chicken sausage, salad w/blue cheese crumbles & blue cheese vinaigrette dressing, coffee w/cream & splenda
87.8 oz water, 1 can coke zero

One of our temporary agencies brought 5 tubs of cookies, a bag of mini-muffins, and 3 really dense, fudgy, huge brownies. I passed out the cookies, but my boss nabbed the brownies for us. I took one but gave it to someone. I told him it was delicious! He thinks I never eat so I had to fib a little, but really I'm sure it was delicious

Lunch was on the company since I was in training for most of the day. It was Olive Garden so I passed. I went into the office right before the training started at 10, so had just eaten breakfast & would have passed on even an on plan lunch.
Old 07-27-2012, 05:35 AM   #128
Major LCF Poster!

That's great that you passes on the brownie. That's a tough one. Nothing new here, still in limbo, which stinks.

Menu:
B - coffee, hwc,splenda,2 eggs, goat cheese
L - 6 oz chicken salad
D - taco meat, cheese, sour cream
S - 2 vodka & diet 7-up and 1/2 drumstick, 1 oz cheese
Old 07-28-2012, 01:00 AM   #129

Friday

b - fruit pastry from Panera Bread, coffee w/cream & torani's
l - turkey slices
d - bunless cheeseburger, mustard, caesar salad, grande coffee from Starbucks w/cream & splenda
3 l water, 1 can of diet Dr Pepper
1,438 calories, 89.4 fat, 61.1 carbs

Last Friday my boss brought me a fruit pastry from Panera Bread. I brought it home & stuck it in the fridge, and pretty much forgot about it until DH mentioned it last night. I ate it for breakfast this morning, and it was truly worth the 44 carbs. But I considered that my one treat for the day, and boy was my resolve tested! I had training at 12:30, and lunch was served at 12, which is when I got to work. It was a Chik-Fil-A sandwich and fries (my favorite!!!), and the person who ordered it said she wanted to get something healthy for me. Ugh! I explained that I just arrived and had eaten breakfast just a couple of hours before (true), so I took it back to my desk after training, and wound up giving it to one of the young, bottomless pit guys. Then when I got back from my actual lunch (at 5:00 - I worked 12-9 today), there was birthday cake on my desk I ended up throwing it away. Then, when I stopped at the store on my way home for lettuce, I saw a slice of chocolate ganache cake in the bakery, which I had to walk past to get to the produce. It looked soooo good, and I really wanted it, but I had to remind myself that I had spent my treat allowance for the day with breakfast. So I pretty much passed up 3 treats - Chik-Fil-A, birthday cake, chocolate ganache cake. Difficult for sure, but I am proud of myself for sticking to my one treat limit.

My boss finally agreed to approve a promotion for one of my employees that I have been recommending for quite some time. It was truly a high point of my day to be able to offer an exceptionally deserving employee a new challenge and an opportunity for growth. She was so excited!

I know it's not exactly pc to have an avatar of pies on a l/c board, but one of my favorite hometown treats was lost today. The Hubig pie factory burned down. They were able to come back after Katrina, and I am hoping for another miracle. We always bring several back home with us, and I loved to mush up a chocolate pie and a coconut pie together in a bowl (sometimes w/ice cream). I regret I haven't had that in a while because of trying to stay on plan. You just never know....RIP Hubig pies

Last edited by Jennifer; 07-28-2012 at 01:04 AM..
Old 07-28-2012, 04:57 AM   #130
Major LCF Poster!

Jennifer - You are doing great!!!!!! It's a challenge everyday, but worth it.

Doing well,

Menu:
B - coffee,hwc,splenda, 2 eggs, goat cheese
L - 6 oz chicken salad, bit of ham
D - 2 cheeseburger patties, mayo, onion
S - diet soda, sf baking chocolate
Old 07-28-2012, 10:31 PM   #131

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcaltman View Post
It's a challenge everyday, but worth it.
You are so right about that!
I'm confused about s/f baking chocolate; I thought baking chocolate had no sweetener at all. Did you eat unsweetened chocolate?

You're coming up on 10 lbs gone!
Old 07-28-2012, 10:45 PM   #132

Saturday

b - 2 sausage patties
l - 2 birthday cake Oreos's, 1/2 cup of Ben & Jerry's rocky road-ish ice cream, coffee w/cream & davinci's
d - turkey breast, casear salad w/bacon
121.5 oz water, 1 can of Fresca, grande coffee from Starbucks w/cream & splenda

My treat for the day was cookies & ice cream for lunch. I stuck to 1 serving and was fine. Picked at the turkey breast a lot, mostly the skin

Got my hair cut & my highlights touched up, and my eyebrows threaded. I bought a $75 shirt for $29.99 at Coldwater Creek (size XS), and tried on a shirt at Macy's that I've had my eye on. It's originally $90 marked down to $35. The only size left was XS and the buttons gapped at my chest (DD). I could wear it with the 3 top buttons unbuttoned and a tank underneath, but I will keep checking for it to go lower in price. Hopefully by then I will have lost more weight and have no more gap at the boobs.
Old 07-29-2012, 05:00 AM   #133
Major LCF Poster!

I take a baking square or 1/2 square and add 1 splenda package, microwave it, maybe add a little cream and eat. Taste just like milk chocolate and is only 4 carbs I usually only eat 1/2 it's really rich, but kicks any sweat tooth.

Doing well, but had a few chips. Oh well still did good for the day. I don't really know where I am at right now. My scale is packed up so I can't tell if I am gaining or losing. I feel thinner so I guess that's good.

Menu:
B - coffee,hwc,splenda,2 eggs, goat cheese
L - 1 chicken breast
D - 2 cheeseburger patties, mayo
S - 5 potato chips, 4 slices ham
Old 07-29-2012, 09:35 PM   #134

Pam,

Feeling thinner is always a good thing! You have been doing well, so I would guess you have lost.
Old 07-29-2012, 09:48 PM   #135

Sunday

b - Carbmaster cherry yogurt, coffee w/cream & torani's
l - none
d (at Fleming's) - glass of wine, 1 piece of bread, wedge salad, prime rib w/horseradish sauce, asparagus, berries, 2 cups of coffee w/cream & splenda
s - 1 slice of pepper jack cheese, 1 oz of pepperoni
96 oz water, 1 bottle of diet Snapple 1/2 lemonade, 1/2 iced tea, grande coffee from Starbucks w/cream & splenda

Nice dinner out w/DH & a friend of ours. I'm usually not a bread person, but the restaurant we went to has the best chipotle butter & feta butter. When I'm with just DH I eat it with just my fork, but couldn't do that since a had a friend with us. I had an end piece and broke it in half so I could have some of each butter, rather than having 2 pieces of bread. The bread was actually very good, and I thought about having another piece, but I resisted.

We ate much earlier than we normally do, and I was hungry by our usual dinner time. I really debated eating ice cream, by trying to justify that berries aren't a 'real' dessert. But I had a slice of pepper jack cheese and some pepperoni slices and I was fine. That really showed me that cravings can be satisfied with fat and protein, and I need to try that first. I feel really good that I was able to stick to the treat guidelines I had set for myself.

50 days binge free - WOW!!!

Last edited by Jennifer; 07-29-2012 at 09:54 PM..
Old 07-30-2012, 05:42 AM   #136
Major LCF Poster!

your doing great. Wow those butters sound so yummy. I probably would have done the same thing. Still hanging in there. Sitting in my van right now while hubby get the moving van. We are packing it up today and just waiting. Thing are so upside down, but I will be good. Have too there needs to be sanity in my life right now. Why not make it weight lose. Well at least I am trying right? Have a great day!
Old 07-31-2012, 06:33 AM   #137

Monday

b - 4 slices bacon, coffee w/cream & davinci's
l - left over prime rib (w/horseradish sauce) & asparagus
d - chicken breast sauteed in butter, caesar salad, .5 cup ice cream
3 l water, 1 bottle crystal light iced tea

I had a panic attack before work & had to take a xanax. It made me feel so much better (also helped that boss was out of the office), but I absolutely hate feeling that way. I think it is a combination of not being medicated properly for my thyroid and my extreme lack of self-confindence. I want to do everything right, but am so overwhelmed that I can't keep everything straight in my brain. With the way the economy is, I feel horrible complaining about my job, and I'm grateful to have it, but the stress is affecting my health and my marriage.

The ice cream I ate last night wasn't self-medication, it was planned. Ben & Jerry's Key Lime Pie flavor Since my next weigh-in is Labor Day, I'm going to try for cheat free for a month leading up. So cheat free starting Saturday!
Old 07-31-2012, 06:34 AM   #138

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcaltman View Post
Wow those butters sound so yummy.
They are delicious! I wish the restaurant would sell it. Maybe not - I could get into lots of trouble if they did

Hope the move is going smoothly!
Old 07-31-2012, 09:06 PM   #139

Tuesday

b - 3 eggs scrambled in butter, melted cheddar on top; coffee w/cream & davinci's
l - leftover prime rib & horseradish sauce, tomato slices w/blue cheese crumbles and blue cheese vinaigrette dressing
d - chicken breast sauteed in butter, salad w/cheese, bacon, olives w/cheese dressing, 1 lemon cookie, .5 cup ice cream
2.5 l water. 1 bottle crystal light lemonade

I have had 2 lemon cookies in a tub on my desk for weeks, and finally decided that I would eat them. I thought they would go really well with my key lime pie ice cream, so brought them home. I crumbled 1 cookie into the ice cream & tasted it. It really didn't add anything so I threw the 2nd cookie away! Normally I would have eaten it just to eat it.

I'm so tired! Work has been so rough; just a long, hard, crappy week. And it's only Tuesday! Another long day tomorrow.
Old 08-01-2012, 09:33 PM   #140

Wednesday

b - 2 sausage patties, coffee w/cream & davinci's
l - none
d - 7 tequila lime wings, blue cheese dressing, caesar salad, 2 Dove cookies & cream candies (4 carbs each)
87.6 oz water, 1 bottle crystal light margarita
Old 08-02-2012, 06:47 AM   #141
Major LCF Poster!

Hi,
Just moved into another temp house,ugh!!!! Have been really good with food, but so stress letting myself have wine. So I am probably the same weight which honestly is ok with me right now. As soon as I get to where we are really suppose to move to I will try some new thing in my diet. By keeping thing very basic I am hoping it will balance out the wine. Well off for now. hoping to get internet today to make posting easier.
Old 08-03-2012, 05:59 AM   #142
Major LCF Poster!

Hi,

Menu:
B - coffee,hwc,splenda, 2 eggs, 1 slice cheese
L - 2 Nathan's hotdogs
D - diced chicken, salad, cheese,ranch
S - peanuts

Have a great day
Old 08-03-2012, 08:37 AM   #143

Hi Pam,

Sorry you're in yet another temp house. Hope you can get "home" & settled soon! Good job sticking to plan in the middle of all the stress! Not always an easy thing to do.
Old 08-03-2012, 08:46 AM   #144

Thursday

b - Carbmasters peach yogurt, coffee w/cream & davinci's
l - turkey slices, tomato slices w/blue cheese & blue cheese vinaigrette dressing
s - 3 watermelon cookies
d - bunless cheeseburger, salad w/2 slices of bacon & SW chipotle dressing
2 l water, 1 can diet pepsi

I had had those 3 cookies left in the container on my desk for a week and wanted them gone. I probably should have tossed them, but I have been smelling them for a week and said wth. They were really good, but evidently they weren't exactly what I wanted, because they didn't really hit the spot, so to speak. I realized I really wanted a couple more Dove promises cookies & cream candies. But since I promised myself only 1 treat per day, I didn't have any. That is big for me in a way that transcends any diet/weight concern - the fact that I kept a promise to myself. No one would have known or cared that I ate more that my promised treat allotment, and I normally care only about what others think, and put their thoughts, concerns, and opinions before my own. The fact that I kept a promise made only to myself, is really big for me. It wasn't easy, and I had to argue with the little devil sitting on my shoulder, but I am happy that I resisted.
Old 08-03-2012, 08:34 PM   #145

Friday

Starting cheat free until Labor Day tomorrow, so definitely not a low-carb day:

b - 4 slices bacon, coffee w/cream & splenda
l - none
d (at Yia Yia Mary's) - skinny margarita, red pepper feta dip w/pitas, Greek salad w/chicken, moussaka (ate around potatoes)
planned treat - 2 birthday cake Oreos, 5 Dove promises candies, .5 cup ice cream
77 oz water, grande coffee from Starbucks w/cream & splenda

I decided that since I was going back into diet mode effective Saturday I would have 1 serving, per the package, of each of my treats. I really wanted another .5 cup of ice cream but did not want to eat more than planned. I have to be able to trust myself to keep control.

So, as of tomorrow and until at least Labor Day, no cheating. Anything not on the Atkins Induction food list (except for the occasional yogurt) is off limits. I would be so thrilled to be in the 130's by Labor Day!!
Old 08-05-2012, 09:52 AM   #146

Saturday

b - 3 eggs scrambled in butter w/melted gouda on top; coffee w/cream & torani's
l - 2 mozzarella medallions
d - chicken fajita bowl (chicken, red peppers, pepper jack cheese, sour cream), Greek salad
88.9 oz water, 1 can of diet cherry 7-Up, grande coffee from Starbucks w/cream & splenda
1,506 calories, 116.4 fat, 25.6 carbs, 89.7 protein

Too much cheese, but otherwise did well on my first Induction foods list only day. I woke up craving dark chocolate, but I told myself it's not an option and that was that. Did a little exercising too - shake weight and body flex. Neither is high impact, but it is a good start, and I don't want to get too strenuous until I am medicated optimally for my thyroid.

Last edited by Jennifer; 08-05-2012 at 09:53 AM..
Old 08-05-2012, 08:49 PM   #147

Sunday; Cheat Free Till Labor Day, Day 2

b - 2 sausage patties, coffee w/cream & splenda
l - 4 mozzarella medallions, Starbucks grande coffee w/cream & splenda
d - steak, salad (lettuce, tomato, bacon, blue cheese crumbles, blue cheese vinaigrette dressing)
144 oz water, 1 can Sprite Zero, 1 can Tab
1,573 calories, 129.6 fat, 20.5 carbs, 91.7 protein

I have been so hungry tonight! I was going to save 1/2 of my steak for lunch tomorrow, but I ended up eating all of it plus a couple of bites of DH's. I'm still hungry but I don't want to eat anything else. I think I'm going to have to start eating a more substantial lunch on weekends.

Saints won It doesn't 'count', but hopefully it's the start of a great season!
Old 08-06-2012, 05:56 AM   #148
Major LCF Poster!

Hi , Ok back on track. Had some setbacks over the weekend. Trying to deal with life. So today is day 1 for me clean.

Sorry Jen I am a Redskins fan
Old 08-07-2012, 04:39 AM   #149
Major LCF Poster!

Hi,

Menu:
B - coffee,hwc,splenda, 2 eggs, goat cheese
L - burger patty, mayo, onion
D - chicken, feta, bacon, side salad
S - 1 Nathan's hot dog
Old 08-07-2012, 06:24 AM   #150

Monday; Cheat Free Until Labor Day, Day 3

b - Carbmaster spiced pear yogurt, coffee w/cream & davinci's
l - chicken breast cooked in butter, red pepper strips
d - 7 wings, blue cheese, caesar salad
2 l water, 1 can diet Barq's
1,257 calories, 207.7 fat, 16.7 carbs, 103.4 protein
Not enough water, but other than that it was a good day food wise. No cravings which is good, and except for the yogurt everything I ate was on the Atkins Induction list.