Gallery: Jennifer
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: on and off, up and down since 1/30/07
Friday

b - 4 slices bacon, coffee w/cream & davinci's
l - none
d (out) - 1/2 wedge salad, steak, green beans, coffee w/cream & splenda, wine
1.5 l water, grande coffee from Starbucks w/cream & splenda

I skipped lunch rather than order Chinese (lunch was on the company since I was conducting interviews). My boss was worried about me not eating, but I told him I could stand to skip a meal or 20 He's never known me big, so I think he thinks I have an eating disorder. I do (binging), but not the one he thinks I have. He says I never eat.

Went out to dinner at Smith & Wollensky on DH's company. Had a nice time but as usual - too much coffee!! They have the best chocolate cake, but I stuck w/coffee.

Flying to NO tomorrow afternoon!
Jennifer is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-15-2012, 09:36 AM   #92
Way too much time on my hands!

Saturday

Good flight to NO but I was a little apprehensive because it stormed all day, both here and there. By the time we left for the airport it was nice & sunny, and it was a perfect flight. Only 59 passengers onboard, so I had a row to myself and slept for most of the flight. Nice dinner with my sister, and mostly on plan (ate some hummuns but no pita, and a glass of wine). She had baked brownies, and I wanted to stick my face in the plate & chow down, but I didn't. I did smell a few

b - coffee w/cream & davinci's
l - 1/2 grande coffee from starbucks w/cream & splenda
d - hummus, rotisserie salad w/ranch dressing, glass of wine
2 l water, can of diet pepsi, no brownies
Old 07-16-2012, 06:47 AM   #93

Sunday

b - coffee w/half & half & splenda
l - spinach dip, 1 pita chip, innards of 1/2 sandwich, glass of wine
d - left over rotisserie salad w/ranch dressing, coffee w/cream & 1/2 and 1/2
1.5 l water, glass of wine, can of diet pepsi. Still staying out of the brownies

My sister had a small gathering Sunday & I saw some friends and relatives who I had not seen in a while. It was a nice time, and I didn't even miss eating a lot of food. A big thing around LCF is that special occasions are about the people and not the food, but I never felt that way. I was all about the fod. But I just realized that for this gathering and for my sister-in-law's birthday party a few weeks ago, the food didn't even enter my mind. I mean, I told myself I wasn't going to eat anything, but I didn't feel angry or resentful, or let being unable to eat affect me having a nice time. And yes, unlike a lot of people on LCF, I do feel unable to eat. I know people use words like "choice" but I honestly don't feel like I have a choice. I can't eat certain things, and if it were truly my choice, I would do so.

No bingeing, but I did keep going back for more of my siser's spinach dip. It's so good!

Last edited by Jennifer; 07-16-2012 at 06:49 AM..
Old 07-16-2012, 11:09 AM   #94
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tay65
Stats: On 1/6 - 215.6; current - 208.3 / 1st goal - 199
WOE: Counting calories
Start Date: March 2014
Glad you had fun!
tay65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 10:23 PM   #95

Monday

b - coffee w/half & half & splenda
l (out) - bunless burger w/blue cheese, onion, sauteed mushroom & peppers; sweet potato fries w/red pepper garlic sauce
d - 1/2 hummus wrap from Whole Foods, 1/2 sm bag of sea salt & black pepper potato chips, caesar salad, 1/2 cup Ben & Jerry's mint chocolate cookie ice cream
2 l water, glass of wine, 1/2 bottle crystal light iced tea, 1/2 bottle crystal light lemonade, tall coffee from Starbucks w/cream & splenda

My sister and I went to lunch at a place where you build your own burger. It was fun (& delicious) & I can't wait to go back next trip and build something new.

I decided to eat whatever I wanted for dinner tonight. I had to stop at Whole Foods on the way home from the airport, and DH wanted a couple of slices of their pizza. I got a hummus wrap and a 2 oz bag of chips. The wrap was cut in two, and I ate 1/2 along w/half the bag of chips. DH ate the rest of the chips & I'll take the other 1/2 of the wrap to work for lunch tomorrow, along with some green beans left over from dinner at Smith & Wollensky's Friday night. I also ate 1 serving of ice cream (1/2 cup), and did not binge!!
Old 07-17-2012, 01:11 PM   #96
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good for you! Idk if I could eat 1/2 C of ice cream! I loooove ice cream!
Old 07-17-2012, 09:55 PM   #97

Tuesday

b - 3 eggs scrambled in butter, melted provolone on top; coffee w/cream & davinci's
l - 1/2 hummus wrap, green beans
d - 1/2 cup Ben & Jerry's mint chocolate cookie ice cream, coffee w/cream & davinci's
2.5 l water, 1/2 bottle crystal light lemonade

DH ate something before I got home from work & did not want dinner. I didn't want to cook for just myself, and was planning another serving of ice cream anyway, so had that with a cup of coffee for dinner. No binging or cravings, but I think I'm going to lay off of the ice cream for a while.
Old 07-18-2012, 10:17 PM   #98

Wednesday

b - 2 sausage patties, coffee w/cream & splenda
l - leftover steak & green beans
d - pork chop, salad w/2 slices of bacon & balsamic herb dressing
3 l water, bottle of crystal light margarita

No ice cream today

So many people at work told me I looked skinny, and these are people who never knew me any bigger than I am now So I eat ice cream 2 nights in a row & look skinny I wish. I think it's the pants I was wearing. But it would be nice if I were getting skinny eating ice cream!
Old 07-19-2012, 06:11 AM   #99
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BluJ
My youngest son, 27, keeps trying to shove food down me! I don't eat when I'm not hungry! It's not like I'm skin and bones.. I'm disabled and need to find some sort of excersize I can do... *sigh*
BluJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 04:38 AM   #100

Hi BluJ!

Keep strong and impress upon your son how serious you are about developing and keeping good, healthy eating habits. I tend to get grouchy when I'm craving & my DH always tries to get me to eat off plan to satisfy the craving. It's hard to say no, but we can do it!

I'm sure you can google for some exercise ideas that will work within your physical limitations, and talk to your doctor. I remember a show on PBS call "Sit & Get Fit" that the entire workout was done while sitting or standing and holding onto a chair. Hope you find something that suits you.
Old 07-20-2012, 04:41 AM   #101

Thursday

b - carrot cake carbmaster yogurt, coffee w/cream & splenda
l - leftover steak & mushrooms
d - chicken sauteed in olive oil, caesar salad
2 l water, 1 can of diet cherry 7 up

40 days binge free!
Old 07-20-2012, 06:44 PM   #102
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

40 days....Yahoo!!!!
I'm done with wk 1 and I lost 7.8 lbs! That just amazes me.
Carrott Cake yogurt? It tastes good?
Old 07-21-2012, 03:37 AM   #103
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BluJ
Thanks, Jennifer!
BluJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 07:16 AM   #104

Friday

b - 4 slices of bacon, coffee w/cream & splenda
l - bunless hotdog
d (out) - caprese salad, minestrone soup, peach bellini, cappuccio w/splenda, 1/2 slice of key lime pie, 3 raspberries
2 l water

My day started with my boss bringing me a fruit tart from Panera Bread for breakfast, and someone else bringing me a doughnut. Doughnut went into the trash, but not the tart. I decided to eat it for lunch, but didn't obsess over it, which I would normally do. For lunch my company provided free hotdogs. I had one without the bun, and passed on the chili and other toppings except for mustard. I also passed on chips. I decided DH & I could split the tart for dessert, but DH wanted to go out to dinner to celebrate his last day at current job (new job starts Monday!) I had a peach bellini (it was so strong! Good thing I wasn't driving! I'll stick to wine), salad caprese & soup. Then DH wanted key lime pie. I ate the 3 raspberries that were the garnish, then started in on the pie. I would say I ate close to, if not half of it. I'm not proud of myself, and know being drunk from the peach bellini was a factor. I'm going to have to turn in my NO native card if one fruity, frozen girly drink gets me drunk Cheap date!! Anyway, between getting up at 6:00 and the peach bellini, I was in bed by 9:00 last night. I'm getting old!
Old 07-21-2012, 07:21 AM   #105

Quote:
Originally Posted by tay65 View Post
40 days....Yahoo!!!!
I'm done with wk 1 and I lost 7.8 lbs! That just amazes me.
Carrott Cake yogurt? It tastes good?
Wow Tammy 7.8 lbs is awesome! Congratulations!!!! Can you tell me more about hcg?

Carrot cake yogurt is surprisingly good! I mean, it's not going to make you forget about the real thing but I enjoy it. It's Kroger's carbmaster brand.

How's Miss Chloe?
Old 07-21-2012, 07:29 AM   #106

Forgot to Mention...

There was a (loud) training class right out side of my office Friday, and the facilitator knocked on my door a couple of time to apologize. When she was leaving, she apologized again, and offered me a brownie. I turned it down, since I had every intention of splitting my breakfast fruit tart w/DH. Normally, I would have grabbed the brownie since I was going to cheat anyway. I know a lot of people would say turning down a brownie should be a no brainer and the fact that the reason I did it was because I had another treat planned is But for me it is a huge step toward curbing, and hopefully stopping forever, my binge behavior. I still have to think about it - by no means is it automatic, but I think I am getting there
Old 07-21-2012, 12:56 PM   #107
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
Wow Tammy 7.8 lbs is awesome! Congratulations!!!! Can you tell me more about hcg?

Carrot cake yogurt is surprisingly good! I mean, it's not going to make you forget about the real thing but I enjoy it. It's Kroger's carbmaster brand.

How's Miss Chloe?
I take hHCG (homeopathic) pellets. All my other rounds I did the drops and had problems with hunger. This time, very little hunger.
Theres the "real" hcg which you have to do by injections, but its so much more expensive. You have to find a dr who will prescribe it too.
You follow a 500 calorie a day "diet", which sometimes I am so full at the end of the day! With hcg your body breaks down the abnormal fat in the body so that gives you energy and its like you have eaten 2000 calories a day.
I dont have the book, I looked up everything online and asked questions on the threads. There are more knowledgable ppl there than me! LOL
The first time I tried this, my blood pressure dropped extremely low and my dr took me off of it. So now I monitor my BP closely and take potassium. I researched and realized my potassium was low, made BP bottom out.
Chloe is amazing! Idk if I mentioned that I'm teaching her to sign and shes doing so well with it! I bought some Rachel Coleman dvd's (shes featured on Nick Jr) and chloe loves her. She sings alot. She has picked up running, so now she runs from me. LOL
Shes with her dad now on Saturdays from 12-7. Hes something special....ya know? He loves her though and I know hes doing his best. My dd gives him heck though! His mom, we call her the crazy gramma (LOL), is just so overbearing and Chloe yells at her. She wants to pick her up and chloe likes to wonder around now.
My hubby is looking for a new job now. His company is constantly closing down and we just cant have the instability. Hes been home since Thurs and won't go back til Thursday. Crazy! Hes trying to get in with the oil well ppl. Its a shame, all the yrs hes been there and now leaving.

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!

"He who the Son sets free is free indeed"

Tammy
Old 07-21-2012, 10:19 PM   #108

I'm very intrigued by hHCG, but am scared about the loading days with my binging issues. It would be nice to get these last 25 or so lbs off quickly & have the fat fall off where it needs to. I'm glad it's working so well for you!

Chloe sounds like a little pistol already I'm glad she has such a loving family. Every little girl (& big girl) deserves a dad who's crazy about her.

Hope your DH's job situation improves soon. This economy is so crazy! It's scary!
Old 07-21-2012, 10:30 PM   #109

Saturday

b - Jimmy Dean 3 cheese omelet, coffee w/cream & splenda
l - none
d (at LaMadeleine) - veg soup, chicken salad, bowl of fruit (mostly melon, but a few red grapes & 2 pieces of pineapple), cappuccino w/splenda
2.5 l water, grande coffee from Starbucks w/cream & splenda, 1 can of Tab

Had dinner with my cousin and his wife and had a nice time. They & DH got dessert at LaMadeleine, but I was content with my salad/soup/fruit trio. I did eat past the point of satisfaction to fullness, but that helped me to resist dessert. The coconut cream cake was calling my name, but I had already had my treat in the form of fruit.

I've decided that for the rest of the month I am allowed one treat per day, should I want it. I would think that is how people who seem to eat everything do it, and my problem has always been having an all or nothing attitude, so we'll see how this works. I really need to find a balance that I can live with, although right now I feel bloated & itchy from what I've been eating, so treats aren't really appealing right now. Never thought I'd say (type) that!

Last edited by Jennifer; 07-21-2012 at 10:34 PM..
Old 07-22-2012, 03:52 AM   #110
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I have bingeing issues also and believe me, when you load (the right way) theres not a problem with that. I concentrated, this last time, on eating good fats. I ate cheesecake, some pepperoni, bacon n eggs and a couple candy bars. Bacon and eggs are great for loading. I got that "sick" feeling the first night and the second day could barely eat much at all. I've been doing just fine with just a little "head hunger" now and then.
You could maybe get 25 lbs off with a 40 day round if you could do it. Some ppl can't stand to do it for longer than the 23 days (including the 2 loading days). I play it by ear after the 21 vlcd's. You can end the round anytime after that.
Do whats best for you. That is what matters. Any "diet" is hard. I tell ppl who ask about hcg that its not an easy diet, by any means. There are ppl who think, "oh, just take hcg and lose weight". My SIL is one of those. Shes using that stuff you sprinkle on your food. We'll see how that works for her. She is 5'10" and weighs a 283 lbs. She has major medical issues. She has Sarcordosis(sp?) and it effects her lungs. So she takes steroids on a daily basis and thats how she gained so much weight. She never weighed more than 170 up until the last 6 yrs or so. But I guess the dr told her she better get the weight off or there'd be major problems for her. Shes 41 yo.
Well, I've rattled on and on!
Oh, Chloe is so loved! She's def a ppl person too. She waves and says hi to everyone. LOL But boy does she have a temper!
Well, bbl ! Have a good day!
Old 07-22-2012, 03:57 AM   #111
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
b - Jimmy Dean 3 cheese omelet, coffee w/cream & splenda
l - none
d (at LaMadeleine) - veg soup, chicken salad, bowl of fruit (mostly melon, but a few red grapes & 2 pieces of pineapple), cappuccino w/splenda
2.5 l water, grande coffee from Starbucks w/cream & splenda, 1 can of Tab

Had dinner with my cousin and his wife and had a nice time. They & DH got dessert at LaMadeleine, but I was content with my salad/soup/fruit trio. I did eat past the point of satisfaction to fullness, but that helped me to resist dessert. The coconut cream cake was calling my name, but I had already had my treat in the form of fruit.

I've decided that for the rest of the month I am allowed one treat per day, should I want it. I would think that is how people who seem to eat everything do it, and my problem has always been having an all or nothing attitude, so we'll see how this works. I really need to find a balance that I can live with, although right now I feel bloated & itchy from what I've been eating, so treats aren't really appealing right now. Never thought I'd say (type) that!
You did a good job eating out! I would love that cake! I like coconut.
You've been making good choices, KUTGW!

Old 07-22-2012, 09:00 AM   #112
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pcaltman
Stats: 174.5/168/128 5'7"
WOE: Atkins 72',Primal, Paleo
Start Date: Working on it everyday:)
Your doing great. Love reading through your journal. Got back on yesterday and am doing great. Love seeing all the menus that really helps me. Keep it us I will pop in everyday to check maybe post some menus too
pcaltman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 08:58 PM   #113

Tammy - I'm glad hcg is working for you and hope it continues to do so. If I'm not below 125 by the end of the year I may try it.

pcaltman - Thanks for reading, and good luck getting back to l/c. My menus are simple, due to both time and not wanting things to get too out of hand, but it works for me. I know DH is getting bored, so I'm going to branch out a little on weekends. I try to do at least a few days of Atkins '72 a week, so I'd love to read your menus also.
Old 07-22-2012, 09:03 PM   #114

Sunday

b - 2 sausage patties, coffee w/cream & splenda
l - tall mocha coconut frappuccino from Starbucks
d - 6 oz ribeye grilled w/butter, salad (3 cups lettuce, 2.5 slices bacon, 1 oz blue cheese crumbles, 2T blue cheese dressing)
112.9 oz water, 1 bottle Crystal Light appeltini

When I was shopping at Target, I got a B1G1F coupon for a Starbucks frappuccino, so got one for me & one for DH. It was so delicious and hit the spot on a hot day.
Old 07-23-2012, 04:11 AM   #115
Major LCF Poster!

Sunday menu:

B - coffee, hwc, splenda, 2 eggs,1 slice cheese
L - 1 cheeseburger patty, lettuce, onion, mayo
D - steak salad w/ranch and cheese
S - coffee, hwc, splenda

I think the more simple the better. Linda has some great recipes and I will incorp them soon, but for now I want it simple as well.
Old 07-23-2012, 09:06 AM   #116
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Jennifer, I love B1G1F's!!! There must be a starbucks close to you. There's one a few miles down the road, but I don't go there often.
I've almost made it to the 10 lb mark! Maybe tomorrow!
Old 07-24-2012, 06:07 AM   #117
Major LCF Poster!

Morning,

Monday's menu:
B - coffee,hwc,splenda,2 eggs, 1 slice cheese
L - 1 cheeseburger patty, lettuce, onion, mayo
D - 1 terryaki chicken breast
S - diet soda, peanuts
Old 07-24-2012, 12:15 PM   #118
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

No such luck on the 10 lb mark. I ate P2 chili (no beans, just lean chuck and diced tomatoes with seasonings) and had a .4 gain. I had tried it before in another round and gained, but every round is different so I tried it again. Shoot! Back to the regular foods I eat.
Old 07-24-2012, 11:10 PM   #119

Monday

b - Fage Greek yogurt, coffee w/cream & splenda
l - steak & mushrooms
d - chicken sauteed in olive oil, caesar salad
2.5 l water, can of diet Barq's
Old 07-24-2012, 11:12 PM   #120

Tuesday

b - 4 slices bacon, coffee w/cream & splenda
l - leftover salad caprese, steak
d - chicken breast sauteed in olive oil. salad w/2 slices of bacon, blue cheese crumbles, blue cheese dressing
2 l water, 1 can caffeine free diet coke, 1 can diet coke, grande coffee from Starbucks w/cream & splenda