Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2013, 02:52 PM   #601
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GailyGail
Stats: 200/170/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 2, 2012
Great job, Jennifer! Your eating yesterday was nice and clean too! May this be a good omen for you heading in 2013. You started the year off in the best way possible.
GailyGail is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-02-2013, 03:52 PM   #602
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: cindym
Stats: 350(Dr.'s office)/322/200
Start Date: Off and on since 26Feb01
Happy New Year !!

on making a great start to your new plan. You can do it

cindym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 06:21 AM   #603
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Jennifer
Start Date: on and off, up and down since 1/30/07
Quote:
Originally Posted by GailyGail View Post
Great job, Jennifer! Your eating yesterday was nice and clean too! May this be a good omen for you heading in 2013. You started the year off in the best way possible.
Eating as clean as possible is my plan. Even if I'm not going to be 100% low carb, there is no reason to fill up on processed food.

Cindy!!!!
Jennifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 06:24 AM   #604

Good morning!

Hope everyone is doing well!

Yesterday Menu:
b - 4 slices bacon, coffee w/hwc & s/f Torani's
l - 2 ham & provolone roll-ups w/mayo & mustard
d - taco meat w/cheese & sour cream; salad (lettuce, sunburst tomatoes, 2 slices bacon, hickory bacon dressing), Linda Sue's truffle torte
2 l water, grande coffee from Starbucks w/hwc & Torani's, bottle of Sweet Leaf diet iced tea, 1/2 bottle crystal light appletini, Chick-Fil-A mint

I felt nauseous all day yesterday. There is all kinds of crud going around here, but I didn't feel like I was getting sick, just felt I drank a bottle of tea & sucked on the Chick-Fil-A mint that had been in my desk drawer for who knows how long. That & eating lunch helped, then I felt bad again later, and eating dinner helped. Guess my body is adjusting to clean eating again. Or it could be that my boss was back after 10 days vacation

Hope everyone has a great day!!!
Old 01-03-2013, 01:30 PM   #605
Major LCF Poster!

Jennifer

Menu sounds
Hope you are feeling better today.
Old 01-03-2013, 06:35 PM   #606
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ellgee
Hey Jennifer! I dropped out for awhile and got fatter! Lol! Gooooo me! So glad you are still here. Just wanted to say hello again.
ellgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 08:18 PM   #607
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: NWLoser
Stats: 235/115
WOE: LC/Atkins
Start Date: 12/06 Final Time!
Jennifer, you are doing awesome. Eating clean even if it is carby is so much better than eating a lot of junk.

All you Jennifer fans!

Hope everyone has a great weekend.
NWLoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 06:45 AM   #608

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindym View Post
Jennifer

Menu sounds
Hope you are feeling better today.
I do, thanks! How are you doing today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellgee View Post
Hey Jennifer! I dropped out for awhile and got fatter! Lol! Gooooo me! So glad you are still here. Just wanted to say hello again.
Laura!!! I got fatter too <sigh> One day we will have this all figured out I'm glad you told me that your office is ok when patients decline to be weighed in. I have an endo appt today and am not getting near the scale; hope they're as tolerant as your office about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWLoser View Post
Jennifer, you are doing awesome. Eating clean even if it is carby is so much better than eating a lot of junk.

All you Jennifer fans!

Hope everyone has a great weekend.
I have fans ??!!??!!
Old 01-04-2013, 06:55 AM   #609

Friday at last

Yesterday's Menu:
b - 3 eggs poached in cream and water, topped w/cranberry chipotle cheddar cheese; coffee w/hwc & divinci's
l - 2 ham & provolone cheese roll-ups w/mayo & mustard, cole slaw
d - chicken breast sauteed in olive oil, salad (lettuce, sunburst tomatoes, bacon, balsamic herb dressing), Linda Sue's truffle torte, coffee w/hwc & Torani's
2.5 l water, bottle of diet sweet leaf iced tea, .5 bottle crystal light appeltini, .5 can Barq's

I was craving Fritos yesterday and considered buying a bag to eat with my lunch. But the craving was coming and going, so I knew it was an eat to eat type craving and not a craving that would trigger a binge if ignored. Someone came around collecting money for a gift for someone whose last day is today, so I gave her all of my singles. That left me with only a $20 which left out buying the chips from the vending machine, and I knew I wouldn't take the time to walk to the store in the building atrium for a bag. So, crisis averted

Appointment with my endo this afternoon, hopefully they do not give me a hard time about not weighing in.
Old 01-04-2013, 10:02 AM   #610
Major LCF Poster!

Yes of course you have fans and friends Jennifer! We are all impressed by not only your weight loss accomplishment but your maintenance success and your candor and honesty in navigating stress eating, cravings, binges, etc. You put a human face on the weight loss/maintenance issue and you cope with challenges in a very real, genuine way.

Your menu yesterday looks great and congratulations for not caving into the Fritos craving (God I love Fritos). It is so true about the "eat to eat" craving versus the craving that triggers a binge if ignored.

Good luck with your endo today and have a GREAT weekend. Dianne, Cindy and Laura, I hope you lovely ladies have a fabulous weekend too.
Old 01-04-2013, 06:33 PM   #611

Quote:
Yes of course you have fans and friends Jennifer! We are all impressed by not only your weight loss accomplishment but your maintenance success and your candor and honesty in navigating stress eating, cravings, binges, etc. You put a human face on the weight loss/maintenance issue and you cope with challenges in a very real, genuine way.
Thank you

No drama at the endo today. The nurse took my blood pressure then told me to step behind the wall to get on the scale. I told her I did not want to weigh, she said "OK", and walked me to the dr's office. I was relieved! Another relief - endo prescribed Lexapro for depression. He said I should feel the mood elevating effects in a couple of weeks. I'm just looking forward to not wanting to cry all the time.

DH works 1/2 days on Fridays so we met for lunch after my appointment. He got a grilled cheese sandwich & cup of tomato soup, I got a 1/2 chicken caesar salad & cup of French onion soup. I had a couple of bites of DH's sandwich but I ate around the bread in my soup. There was chocolate cake at work when I got back, and I had a taste while serving it but didn't like it (words I never thought I would say/type), so did not take a piece. I had a strawberry cupcake on the way home and that totally satisfied my sweets craving.

Going to cook a nice low-carb dinner now. TTYL!
Old 01-04-2013, 07:01 PM   #612
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Friday from another Jennifer FAN !!

I'm good .... it was a very strange day.

Sounds like everything went GREAT at the Dr's appointment

I just looked up the recipe for Linda Sue's truffle torte and my mouth is watering
Old 01-04-2013, 08:47 PM   #613
Major LCF Poster!

Of course you have fans! We are all your fans. You are so honest in your posts and your day to day struggles. You are also honest with your successes. You are one of my heroes. You probably would be surprised how many read your journal and are inspired how you have persevered and are on the winning end.

Good job on not caving to Fritos, also one of my favorites. I haven't had any for over 6 years and will not let myself as I would probably swallow the whole bag in a few minutes.

Hope you have a great weekend and to all the Jennifer fans too! Love you guys.

I AM NOW LESS THAN HALF OF MY FORMER SELF!!

Dianne

A proud TOPS member - became a KOPS on 4/24/08!

Join us over at the lowcarb TOPS thread. http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...-part-2-a.html
Old 01-04-2013, 08:50 PM   #614
Major LCF Poster!

Love you too Dianne
Old 01-05-2013, 10:17 AM   #615

Yesterday's Menu:
b - 2 ham & provolone roll-ups w/mayo & mustard; coffee w/hwc & torani's
l (at Black Walnut Cafe) - 2 bites of DH's grilled cheese sandwich, chicken caesar salad, cup of French onion soup (ate around the bread), coffee w/cream & splenda
s - strawberry cupcake
d - chicken breast sauteed in olive oil, salad (lettuce, sunburst tomatoes, bacon, blue cheese dressing), 2 fudge stick cookies
2.5 l water, .5 can diet Barq's, 1 can caffeine free diet coke

Ended up have 2 fudge stick cookies after dinner last night. They've become so small that the damage wasn't too bad

I realized why I was so bound and determined to have something sweet yesterday. As some of you may remember, my usual M.O. was to be in weight loss mode for an occasion/occurrence, then have a free meal, day, etc afterwards, which of course usually turned into a binge. Anyway, a dr's appt is something that I would have been in strict weight loss mode for due to the weigh-in. My objective now is to stop binging as opposed to weight loss, and I skipped the weigh-in yesterday, but somewhere in the back of my mind that same thought lingered despite my supposed change of goals. Goes to show how mental this all really is...as if we didn't know that already!

Got some news yesterday that means big changes at work. I am not happy about them as my stress will increase and my already minimal self-confidence will plummet even more. More than ever I will have to remind myself that food doesn't fix anything except hunger.
Old 01-05-2013, 10:22 AM   #616

Quote:
Happy Friday from another Jennifer FAN !!

I'm good .... it was a very strange day.

Sounds like everything went GREAT at the Dr's appointment

I just looked up the recipe for Linda Sue's truffle torte and my mouth is watering
Cindy! Hope your day yesterday wasn't strange in a bad way
The torte is fabulous. When you want to splurge with a special dessert, I highly recommend it.

Quote:
Of course you have fans! We are all your fans. You are so honest in your posts and your day to day struggles. You are also honest with your successes. You are one of my heroes. You probably would be surprised how many read your journal and are inspired how you have persevered and are on the winning end.
Thank you Diane
I am impressed that you have not had Fritos in 6 years! Good for you for knowing your limits and not pushing them. I *know* my limits but continue to think that I will magically be able to get away with it 'this time'
Old 01-05-2013, 01:05 PM   #617
Major LCF Poster!

Jennifer, you are doing great! I, too, am impressed that Dianne has not had Fritos in six years. I hope someday I am able to say that! Cindy, I concur with Jennifer -- hope your day was okay. You have to tell us about it! And the two of you have me going over to Linda Sue's website to find that truffle torte recipe. My fiance, Tony, is kind enough to do the low carb diet with me even though he doesn't need to lose all that much but he gets terrible dessert cravings. I think that truffle torte will be totally up his alley so I want to make it. I am not as into sugar (I can tackle a craving with a flavored coffee, splenda and cream) but salty junky snacks are totally my downfall. The mere mention of Fritos makes me sprout fangs, horns and a long tail.

Jennifer, Cindy and Dianne -- hope you ladies are having a fabulous Saturday. xo!
Old 01-05-2013, 01:17 PM   #618
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Saturday ~ thanks for asking. One of my employes had a robbery at his home while his wife was there, they left as soon as they realized that she was at home but she was very upset and, of course, he needed to be with her. I consequently, had to cover for him which meant that I didn't really get anything done. Just back from vacation ~ I really should be working today ~ but I'm not.

Love "food doesn't fix anything except hunger"!!

Sorry to hear that you are expecting changes at work
Old 01-06-2013, 12:13 PM   #619

Quote:
Jennifer, you are doing great! I, too, am impressed that Dianne has not had Fritos in six years. I hope someday I am able to say that! Cindy, I concur with Jennifer -- hope your day was okay. You have to tell us about it! And the two of you have me going over to Linda Sue's website to find that truffle torte recipe. My fiance, Tony, is kind enough to do the low carb diet with me even though he doesn't need to lose all that much but he gets terrible dessert cravings. I think that truffle torte will be totally up his alley so I want to make it. I am not as into sugar (I can tackle a craving with a flavored coffee, splenda and cream) but salty junky snacks are totally my downfall. The mere mention of Fritos makes me sprout fangs, horns and a long tail.

Jennifer, Cindy and Dianne -- hope you ladies are having a fabulous Saturday. xo!
I am trying to imagine your beautiful self with fangs, horns and a long tail
Tony & I sound like kindred spirits as far as dessert cravings go; I can pretty much take or leave the rest. Except french fries and popcorn. Let me know if you try the torte and what he thinks about it. It literally melts in your mouth, just like the inside of a truffle.

Quote:
Happy Saturday ~ thanks for asking. One of my employes had a robbery at his home while his wife was there, they left as soon as they realized that she was at home but she was very upset and, of course, he needed to be with her. I consequently, had to cover for him which meant that I didn't really get anything done. Just back from vacation ~ I really should be working today ~ but I'm not.
How scary! I am so glad she wasn't harmed. I know they both appreciate you covering for him.

Laura, Diane and any 'lurkers'

Last edited by Jennifer; 01-06-2013 at 12:35 PM..
Old 01-06-2013, 12:34 PM   #620

It was cold and rainy here yesterday, which put me in a soup mood.

Saturday:
brunch - breakfast taco (sausage, eggs, cranberry chipotle cheddar cheese on l/c tortilla), coffee w/hwc, divinci's
d - shrimp & chicken jambalaya soup from Whole Foods, salad (lettuce, sunburst tomatoes, bacon, blue cheese dressing)
72.9 oz water, 1 can of diet coke

DH wanted pizza instead of soup so I picked up a couple of pieces for him while I was at Whole Foods. By the time I got home, he wasn't that hungry since he had been eating junk all day while watching football. He ate about 1/2 of one piece, and asked me if I wanted the rest, but I turned it down (he's eating the leftovers now while watching Colts/Baltimore & just offered me the crust ends - my favorite part - nooooooo!)

While it is freeing to know that I can eat what I want when I want it, I am still trying to make good choices and being aware of my limits. I was debating buying a piece of cheesecake yesterday, but Friday is my birthday & I plan on having a piece of praline cheesecake at Taste of TX. I can wait a few days.

Pizza crust now in the trash - whew!

Last edited by Jennifer; 01-06-2013 at 12:37 PM..
Old 01-06-2013, 01:05 PM   #621
Noah and Wyatt's Mommy

Gallery: Cryssi
Stats: 316.0/316.0/130
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 6/23/14
Just stopping by.

You are a huge inspiration to me and I know you can do this
Cryssi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 01:43 PM   #622
Major LCF Poster!

Way to go throwing pizza crust in the garbage

I am also a lover of pizza crust

That soup sounded

Week .... do you have lots of exciting plans??
Old 01-06-2013, 01:51 PM   #623
Major LCF Poster!

Jennifer, I think you and I live in similar households -- all football, all the time. I actually like it and Tony loves it -- so I like seeing him so happy, curled up on the couch and watching it avidly. Too bad the Saints did not make the playoffs -- they are an awesome team and their coach is handsome (used to be your former avatar!). My ultimate crush is New England Patriots coach Bill Belichick -- he is the only guy I fawn over besides Tony. I love his grumpy, intense, focused visage.

It is so FUNNY that you mentioned Linda Sue's truffle torte -- I am going to make that at around 5:00 PM tonight -- Tony always wants dessert in the early evening. On Sundays, we eat just one big meal to coincide with football games (we usually eat at 1:30 or 2:00 PM) and then Tony will crave a dessert in the early evening (I will just have a handful of nuts or a decaf coffee with a bit of Grand Marnier or brandy and half & half if I have a sweet craving). I am so excited to make this for him -- I love finding sweet "legal" treats that he can eat. He only needs to lose 10 pounds (versus me who needs to lose 70) so he can eat legal low carb sweets and still lose weight.

The sugarfree chocolates that you can buy just have too many carbs for him to lose properly. I mean, if he is going to have a small peanut butter cup, then he wants to have three small peanut butter cups, which collectively are no bigger than the palm of your hand (and I don't have big hands). So I was happy to find the Linda Sue truffle torte recipe, where he can have a decent -- but NOT large --size piece and still savor every bite! Linda Sue is truly the Patron Saint of Low Carbing, along with Dr. Atkins.

Good for you for resisting pizza and pizza crust - I love the crust ends too! Your Saturday menu looks great. Do you have something good to eat for today? You deserve a good meal today -- your eating has just been outstanding.

Hope you have a great birthday and I am not surprised that you are a Capricorn. Capricorns are just terrific -- very intelligent, insightful, responsible and refined with impeccable taste and a dry sense of humor. May you have the best birthday ever!
Old 01-06-2013, 05:33 PM   #624
Major LCF Poster!

Jennifer, I think you should treat yourself on your birthday. You are doing well to resist pizza crust as I like it too! Hope that Monday is good to you.

Cindy, how scary for your employee!

Gail, how nice to make Tony a lowcarb treat. Let us know how it turns out.

Hope everyone has a great week!!
Old 01-07-2013, 03:36 PM   #625
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Monday

Awesome that you are making that dessert Gail ~ my problem is that I think if I made it, I would eat it all. I'm not very good with portion control

Hope everyone is having a good day
Old 01-07-2013, 04:35 PM   #626
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ellgee
Hi friend!

Man that jambalaya soup from Whole Foods sounds delish! It's been soupy kind of weather, huh?

My DS just left to go back to Houston to get his stuff. He is going to come home and work a semester before transferring to Texas Tech. He decided Houston just wasn't his cup of tea. Imagine! He was only 5 when I moved here from Houston. So he has had lots of time to get used to small town living. I know y'all are going to get some major rain over the next few days so I'll be biting my nails and worrying. Wheee!

Let me tell you the secret that has led me to my goal. My strength lies solely in my tenacity. - Louis Pasteur
ellgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 12:01 AM   #627
Major LCF Poster!

Hope everyone had a fabulous Tuesday. Just home. Work, meeting and so much snow ....
Old 01-09-2013, 06:13 AM   #628

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryssi View Post
Just stopping by.

You are a huge inspiration to me and I know you can do this
Thanks for stopping by! Glad I have given you some inspiration - you can do it!!!
I always like reading your posts in the PG.

Quote:
Way to go throwing pizza crust in the garbage

I am also a lover of pizza crust

That soup sounded

Week .... do you have lots of exciting plans??
No big plans. I will confess that at the time I would normally be thinking about making plans for a weekend birthday trip, I was binging and not up for much of anything. I am off Friday and Monday and DH is working 1/2 day Friday, so the plan is to go to an early showing of Les Miserables, then an early dinner at Taste of Texas. Sunday we are going to Flemings for prime rib. Sat is open except for my new dishwasher being installed, Monday I recover
I'm sure you are used to snow, but be careful & stay warm!

Quote:
Jennifer, I think you and I live in similar households -- all football, all the time. I actually like it and Tony loves it -- so I like seeing him so happy, curled up on the couch and watching it avidly. Too bad the Saints did not make the playoffs -- they are an awesome team and their coach is handsome (used to be your former avatar!). My ultimate crush is New England Patriots coach Bill Belichick -- he is the only guy I fawn over besides Tony. I love his grumpy, intense, focused visage.

Hope you have a great birthday and I am not surprised that you are a Capricorn. Capricorns are just terrific -- very intelligent, insightful, responsible and refined with impeccable taste and a dry sense of humor. May you have the best birthday ever!
Sean Payton is very handsome and, according to my cousin, a very nice man.
His kids attend(ed) the school she teaches at, but I think that since he has separated from his wife they no longer live in NOLA. DH says that Belichick is a football genius; all I know is that I hope the Patriots win Sunday!!
I love your description of Capricorns! Better than my description of stubborn, anal and set in our ways
How did Tony like the torte? Love Linda Sue and Dr. Atkins as the patron saints of low carbing

Quote:
Jennifer, I think you should treat yourself on your birthday.
No problem!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellgee View Post
He decided Houston just wasn't his cup of tea. Imagine!
Not a big fan myself, TBH but when you have a DH in the oil and gas business it's the place to be.
Belated Hope it was great!!!!
Old 01-09-2013, 06:21 AM   #629

Sorry I haven't posted in a few days; been busy. Was thrown under the bus at work but am not going to let it eat at me, or drive me to eat. But it will make the work changes that I mentioned even worse...ugh! I am such an enigma - I trust no one, but act like I trust everyone

Eating has been good other than 2 chips ahoy cookies Monday & a Godiva liqueur Sunday night (TOM cravings)

Tuesday's Menu
b - 4 slices of bacon, coffee w/hwc & davinci's
l - 2 ham & provolone roll-ups w/mayo & mustard; cole slaw
d - chicken breast sauteed in olive oil, caesar salad, tomatoes
1.5 l water, bottle of diet sweet leaf iced tea, can of diet Dr Pepper, grande coffee from Starbucks w/hwc & torani's
Old 01-09-2013, 09:22 AM   #630
Major LCF Poster!

Nice birthday plans. It will be good for you to have a 4 day break from work. I am proud that you aren't letting your work situation effect your eating. That is a huge victory.

Hope everyone is having a great Wednesday.