Wow cool congrats! Good job!
~PaperMoon~ is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-26-2012, 09:10 AM   #32
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Jennifer
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: on and off, up and down since 1/30/07
Hi PaperMoon! Thank you, and you've done really well yourself!!!
Jennifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 09:17 AM   #33

Weight was 147.5. My body loves that weight. It seems no matter how long I stay off the scale, once I get back on it reads 147.5 Not a bad weight by any means, but at 5'2" it's too high. Plus I never know when the next binge is coming, so I need to get really low just in case. I hope to be back to my New Year's weight of 141 by July 4th. Or lower

Hope everyone has a safe, relaxing weekend. I will be the pool here, daiquiri in hand. Our Memorial Day/anniversary tradition is to stay at a nice hotel in town. We still get away, but don't have to deal with the hassle of holiday travel. So 8 miles from home we go!
Old 05-26-2012, 11:29 AM   #34
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ~PaperMoon~
Stats: 100+ Pounds lost!
WOE: Low Carb and general low calorie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
Hi PaperMoon! Thank you, and you've done really well yourself!!!
Hi there and thanks!
~PaperMoon~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 10:39 PM   #35

Long story short, I ended up with a whole cake in my house, and I have eaten half I was able to stop myself from eating more, but I really felt possessed while eating it. I always come to my senses after the damage has been done. The circumstances of me having the cake were disappointing and disheartening as it was, and it was just the icing on the cake (no pun intended) of a crappy day.

Tomorrow is a new day and new month. My goal for June is no binging, and to start exercising.
Old 06-08-2012, 11:59 PM   #36

yo-yo'ing again. Staying on plan just fine during the week then the weekend comes and BAM! - binge city. Last weekend was chips, cake, ice cream, candy, frapp from Starbucks; Friday night I ate 2 pints of ice cream. In my quest to develop a normal relationship with food, I vowed that I would eat 1 serving (.5 cup) each night for a week. I started with 1/2 cup, but one taste and that was all she wrote.

So, I'm back to diet mode. No cheating, nothing off plan.
Old 06-09-2012, 06:20 AM   #37
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MagieDen
Stats: Goal Wt-135 lbs!
WOE: Stillman's - 21 days - Not my lifetime woe!
Start Date: 7/28/14 - 8/17/14
Quote:
yo-yo'ing again. Staying on plan just fine during the week then the weekend comes and BAM! - binge city. Last weekend was chips, cake, ice cream, candy, frapp from Starbucks; Friday night I ate 2 pints of ice cream. In my quest to develop a normal relationship with food, I vowed that I would eat 1 serving (.5 cup) each night for a week. I started with 1/2 cup, but one taste and that was all she wrote.

So, I'm back to diet mode. No cheating, nothing off plan.

on getting back on plan!
MagieDen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 03:49 PM   #38

Thanks for the hug MagieDen
Old 06-09-2012, 03:53 PM   #39

I got an invitation to my sister-in-law's 40th birthday party on 6/23. That means a trip home, and is just the motivation I need to stay on plan. I told DH I'm always going to have to have something planned so that I don't cheat. Me & my mind games!

I probably would have given in if not for the party, because I feel really angry about being back on plan. Most of it is anger at myself, but some of it is just not really wanting to be back on plan. I'm just glad I got the text before I went grocery shopping.
Old 06-10-2012, 11:59 AM   #40

Yesterday went well.

b - 4 slices bacon, coffee w/torani's
l - 1 roast beef & provolone roll-up, 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, coffee w/da vinci's
d - pork tenderloin, salad w/2 slices bacon, hickory bacon dressing, grande coffee from Starbucks w/cream & splenda
1 gallon of water, 1 can of diet Barq's, 1 can caffeine free diet coke

Too much soda & coffee, but otherwise not bad. I was really pleased at getting in a gallon of water. I'm never able to drink much during the week.

Feel better mentally about being being on plan, just so incredibly pissed at myself that I can't stop the binging. I need to work on that the most, but just telling myself no and overcoming the part of my brain that is wanting me to binge (Brain Over Binge) does not seem to be working for me. It makes perfect sense, but once I eat a trigger food, that's it. A much stronger person than I would just lay off of the trigger foods, but I can't live that way. Sadly, food is my only joy in life. So I will have to muddle through, keep trigger foods out of the house, and hope that I am able to apply Brain Over Binge techniques when necessary. I can't trust myself to not binge, so I will have to adjust my goal weight to way below what I planned in order to allow for binging.
Old 06-12-2012, 11:30 AM   #41
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: cfine
Stats: 276/221/199
Start Date: April 2012
Hi Jennifer. I read the last page or two of your thread. You probably already have this info, but I wanted to share anyway just in case it could possibly help you with bingeing(I have this same problem.)

Since starting Chromium and L-Glutimine, my obsession with food has gotten much better. I am not all the way through the book "The Diet Cure" but it makes so much sense for people with addictions to food. They give these supplements to people with all kinds of addictions, not just food. You might want to check it out.

You have such a strong willpower!! You rock!
cfine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 10:34 AM   #42

Thank you cfine. I ordered The Diet Cure last night.
Old 06-15-2012, 10:41 AM   #43

I've been on plan since my ice cream binge Friday. My M.O. is to do well during the week and binge on weekends, and my (animal) brain is sending me weekend binge signals. But I will be strong, if for no other reason than our trip home next weekend.

Yesterday:
b - Greek yogurt, coffee w/cream & davinci's
l - steak
d - chicken breast sauteed in olive oil, caesar salad, grande coffee from Starbucks with cream & splenda
2 l water, crystal light iced tea, 1 can diet Pepsi

Passed up birthday cake at work...+1 for me
Old 06-16-2012, 10:08 PM   #44

Saturday

Good day eating-wise:
b - 3 eggs scrambled in butter topped w/cheddar cheese, coffee w/cream & davinci's
l - none
d - 1/4 rotisserie chicken, .5 cup sunburst tomatoes, salad w/2 slices of bacon & sw chipotle dressing, coffee w/cream & davinci's
3.5 l water, 1 can sprite zero, 1 can Tab

What was supposed to be a 4 hour day at work turned into 8.5, so I did not bring lunch with me. I had to call in 5 employees to assist with some deadlines and my plan was to order pizza for them and maybe a salad or some wings for myself. But we all dug in and got the work done in just a few hours, so possible pizza crisis avoided. I was really tempted to get nuts from the vending machine, but was strong. I know that they weren't an option since I'm in turbo-diet mode for this weekend, and that kept me from getting some. I did buy ice cream at Whole Foods this evening, but again, not an option to eat it until after the weekend.

I know that sounds messed up on several levels. Why torture myself, if I can avoid eating it until after the weekend why can't I avoid it period, etc. Truth is, sometimes just buying the junk food is enough for the moment, sort of tames the beast. (not to mention that when I shopped I hadn't eaten in about 10 hours) Now when I eat it (& I will), I will no doubt vent here about it. Just one more facet of my whacked out relationship with food.
Old 06-17-2012, 09:17 PM   #45

Sunday

Good day eating-wise, and day #9 binge free!!!!!!!!!

b -3 eggs scrambled in butter topped w/cheddar cheese, coffee w/cream & davinci's
l - 1/2 cup sunburst tomatoes, grande coffee from Starbucks w/cream & splenda
d - turkey breast, caesar salad
3 l water, tall coffee from Starbucks w/cream & Splenda, 1 can diet Barq's

Too much coffee, and I ate turkey past satisfying my hunger. I had to fight the urge to continuously pick at the turkey breast (someone needs to find a way to market turkey skin ala pork rinds), but I didn't eat all that I had served myself, and that is an accomplishment - I'm usually a member of the clean plate club.

Very depressed. My period is late, which means the lovely hormonalness goes on for longer than I, or anyone around me, can stand. I was pumped full of hormones for quite a while trying to get pregnant/sustain pregnancies (none successful ), and my cycle has been a mess ever since. And I don't want to have to deal with my period while we're traveling this weekend.

Did some shopping at Talbot's outlet and bought a $229 coat for $35.99 and a $69.50 pair of pants for $15.33. The coat is a size 6 but the pants are a size 10 Size 8 fit everywhere except for the calves (they hit mid-calf). I have huge calves, almost as big as my thighs if you can believe it. I don't know if it makes me feel better or worse that I had to buy a bigger size due to my build and not an ice cream binge (speaking of ice cream, DH found the pint I bought last night when looking for the Godiva liqueur in the freezer. Not worried about him eating it, just at being caught. Now I won't have to eat it in secret when I do eat it. Takes some of the fun out of it I must admit). Anyway, size 8 blouses wouldn't button at the girls (size DD), but a 10 was huge everywhere else.

As long as I'm *****ing, my upper arms are terrible - I have at least 3" of hanging skin on each one, and from behind you can't even see my elbows It's truly gross. I've heard that doctors want you to maintain your goal weight for 6 months before surgery to see if the skin bounces back, but at 40 years old and 25 years of yo-yo dieting, ain't no bouncing back happening. I'm going to have to make a few consultation appointments, but not even sure where to begin. I don't want to have to spend another hot, humid Houston summer in long sleeves.

I need to end on a happy note. Let's see...A year ago I would have been beyond thrilled to wear a size 10. That's all I got for now - I'm sleepy
Old 06-17-2012, 10:03 PM   #46
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tay65
Stats: On 1/6 - 215.6; current - 208.3 / 1st goal - 199
WOE: Counting calories
Start Date: March 2014
I have been reading this for a while now, so its time I chime in. You have done amazing and you have never given up. I have a binging problem too. I can go for a little while with no binge, then something will trigger it. I can eat a whole bag of m&m's too. I can eat a whole 1/2 gallon of ice cream in 2 days. I won't even talk about cookies! I developed this problem when I became disabled and lay around alot watching tv.
I admire your strength and perserverance (sp?). Losing 200 lbs is no small accomplishment. Be proud!

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!

"He who the Son sets free is free indeed"

Tammy
tay65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 09:46 PM   #47

Thanks Tammy. Today is my 10th day binge free, and hopefully I'll make it much longer. And you too!

My DH has been interviewing for a job in Pittsburgh. Even if he gets it I cannot become a Steelers fan - I'm a Saints girl all the way!

Love the cutie in your avatar!
Old 06-18-2012, 09:54 PM   #48

Monday

l - 1/4 rotisserie chicken
d - chicken breast sauteed in butter, 1/2 cup sunburst tomatoes, Greek salad
2 l water, 1 can caffeine free diet coke

Two people were celebrating birthdays at work, and both offered me cupcakes, which I declined

My clothes are fitting much better which should make me want to stay on plan and never get off, but even that is never enough. I'm probably not trying hard enough. I will go into a situation knowing I'm going to cheat. Planning it. Like my sis-in-law's birthday this weekend. I'm planning to have cake, and I've been planning to have cake since I got the invitation. I think I'm scared to have a 'cross that bridge when I get there' attitude because I'm afraid I'll feel deprived which is a binge trigger for me.
Old 06-19-2012, 03:21 AM   #49
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Jen, thats my granddaughter, Chloe. She just turned 1. I think that was taken about 3 mos ago. She wasn't even walking then! LOL
We are Steeler fans in this house. We loooove football season.
Your menu sounds good. I eat greek yogurt alot. Although Chloe always has her mouth open when I try to eat it! LOL Like a baby bird! Do you ever tire of chicken though? I see you eat it alot.
I'm doing JUDDD, but for some odd reason I've gained. I hope to see a drop on the scale after today (its a down day).
Have a nice day!
Old 06-19-2012, 10:10 PM   #50

Chloe's a doll!

We do eat chicken a lot, mainly because DH & I really like it. Also, I work 11-8, so it's easy to take a couple of breasts, season and saute in butter or olive oil. Quick & easy when I get home close to 9:00.

I ordered the JUDDDD book and hopefully I will have it in time to read in the car this weekend. Not sure I can do the DD though, especially since I would want to keep it low carb. Do you post on the JUDDDD board? I'm sure they can help you figure you why you gained. So frustrating to stay on plan only to gain, isn't it?
Old 06-19-2012, 10:15 PM   #51

Tuesday

b - 4 slices of bacon, coffee w/cream & davinci's
l - none (busy at work)
d - chicken breast sauteed in butter, caesar salad
3 l water, 1/2 ca diet coke

I was very pleased with how much water I drank; I'm so busy at work I'm rarely at my desk to drink.

My smallest jeans are getting less & less muffin toppy. I have to dress business casual tomorrow due to a client visit (usually a very casual office), and I'm hoping I can go spanx-less in the pants I'm planning to wear.
Old 06-20-2012, 04:05 AM   #52
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Jenn, Chloe is alot of fun! I've never know a baby with such a personality!
It is frustrating to be gaining. I think it was the Smart Ones dinners I was eating. Too much sodium. I'm so sodium sensitive I'm finding out. So yesterday was a down day and I fasted all day & ate at 6. So I hope I'm down later when I weigh. The down days get easier as long as you eat all your up day calories. Eating low carb I think would probably make it easier. Fat makes you full. There are tons of lc recipes on the JUDDD board for down days. I like chicken and cabbage soup on down days.
Well, Chloe has her check up today & gets shots. I watch her from 3-8pm and her dad is coming for a visit today, I guess. Should be interesting. Hes never seen her after getting shots. He has one time to say something stupid. I won't hold back now since he has signed the custody papers. Now hes gonna see G'ma mad!
Hope you have a good day! Its gonna be a scorcher here! Oh! Congrats on ur jeans fitting better!
Old 06-20-2012, 10:10 PM   #53

I hope the shots didn't make Chloe too cranky! Did you have to get mad at dad?

A lot of those frozen meals have tons of sodium so that could certainly explain a gain. I don't know if I could go until 6 without eating! Once I read the book and understand more, I'll probably use it to get back on track after a stall. Of course to have a stall on Atkins, I have to stay on Atkins
Old 06-20-2012, 10:17 PM   #54

Wednesday

b - 3 eggs scrambled in butter, coffee w/cream & davinci's
d - bunless cheeseburger w/mustard, salad w/2 slices of bacon & green goddess dressing
2 l water, 2 cans diet coke

Horrible day at work. Just really over it, and wish we didn't need the paycheck. I feel like I suck at everything and am just waiting for everyone to wise up to it.

Good news is that I didn't binge my troubles away, and I've been binge/cheat free for 12 days! On to lucky 13!
Old 06-21-2012, 08:58 AM   #55
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
b - 3 eggs scrambled in butter, coffee w/cream & davinci's
d - bunless cheeseburger w/mustard, salad w/2 slices of bacon & green goddess dressing
2 l water, 2 cans diet coke

Horrible day at work. Just really over it, and wish we didn't need the paycheck. I feel like I suck at everything and am just waiting for everyone to wise up to it.

Good news is that I didn't binge my troubles away, and I've been binge/cheat free for 12 days! On to lucky 13!
Chloe didnt get her shots bc her insurance is messed up. So my daughter has to get it straightened out then they'll see her right away.
I didn't have to get mad at her dad, my husband did. This guy has a smart mouth and is so disrespectful. I'll be glad when he can take chloe on saturdays so we don't have to have him here. He better take the parenting class before hes found in contempt! LOL That would be a shame! LOL

I'm back down to my weight before the sodium took over. I lost 1 lb after an up day! Crazy!

I'm happy you are on day 13! Thats awesome!
Old 06-22-2012, 01:00 AM   #56

Love the new Chloe pic Tammy!!

Last edited by Jennifer; 06-22-2012 at 01:12 AM..
Old 06-22-2012, 01:10 AM   #57

Thursday

l - turkey breast slices
d - chicken casear salad, .5 cup sunburst tomatoes
2 l water, cup of coffee w/cream & davinci's

Headed to New Orleans for my sister-in-law's 40th surprise birthday party, and I am going to stay on plan. So many people today told me they could tell I was losing weight again. I figured it was because I was wearing my magic jeans*, but one of my employees said she could see it in my face. Soooo, I'm going to be as Atkins friendly as possible. No birthday cake no po-boys no fried anything minimal alcohol But hopefully I will be when I get back home and my clothes fit.

*My magic jeans are a pair of jeans I bought off of the clearance rack at Chico's right before Christmas. I swear they make me look like I've lost 10 lbs. The jeans are a size 0.5, which is a Chico's size 6, but are as big or bigger than most of my size 8 jeans.

Last edited by Jennifer; 06-22-2012 at 01:12 AM..
Old 06-22-2012, 10:00 AM   #58
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Love the new Chloe pic Tammy!!
That was taken yesterday. And thats a new dress, kinda sporty. LOL All her hair is on top of her head so she wears a pony tail on top! But the sides and back are growing now. LOL One day it'll all catch up.
Old 06-22-2012, 10:06 AM   #59
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
l - turkey breast slices
d - chicken casear salad, .5 cup sunburst tomatoes
2 l water, cup of coffee w/cream & davinci's

Headed to New Orleans for my sister-in-law's 40th surprise birthday party, and I am going to stay on plan. So many people today told me they could tell I was losing weight again. I figured it was because I was wearing my magic jeans*, but one of my employees said she could see it in my face. Soooo, I'm going to be as Atkins friendly as possible. No birthday cake no po-boys no fried anything minimal alcohol But hopefully I will be when I get back home and my clothes fit.

*My magic jeans are a pair of jeans I bought off of the clearance rack at Chico's right before Christmas. I swear they make me look like I've lost 10 lbs. The jeans are a size 0.5, which is a Chico's size 6, but are as big or bigger than most of my size 8 jeans.
Enjoy the party! I had a big party for my 40th and that was the very last time I drank beyond 2-3 drinks. LOL I didn't even remember going home. Of course, I didn't drive and thank goodness I was just 5 mins from home.
Just think how proud you'll be of yourself sticking to plan. You'll feel like a million bucks!
Don't they call jeans that are sized small but made big "vanity sized"? I need a pair! hehe
Talk to ya soon! OH! I'm down 1.6 lbs from yesterday!!!! UP DAY today!!!!
Old 06-23-2012, 10:31 PM   #60

Sticking to plan..pretty much. I didn't eat anything at all Friday, and Sat all I had was a cup of tomato basil soup. I had 2 s/f iced coffees and 2 margaritas SaturdayNot bad, considering what I passed up and wanted to eat.

Party was a blast and sister-in-law was surprised!

Last edited by Jennifer; 06-23-2012 at 10:32 PM..