Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2012, 09:27 PM   #421
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Jennifer
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: on and off, up and down since 1/30/07
Binge Free Day 2

I got an Edible Arrangement for boss' day. Since nothing is off limits to me now, I ate a chocolate covered piece of pineapple. Very tasty!

b - 4 slices bacon, coffee w/cream & Torani's
l - pork roast
d - chicken breast sauteed in butter, salad w/bacon & hickory bacon dressing
88 oz water, bottle of crystal light appeltini, piece of chocolate covered pineapple

Bad day at work (as usual!) but I am really trying not to let it affect what I eat. It's hard, especially when I want to dive into a box or 5 of World's Finest chocolate covered almonds. Everyone at work is selling them!
Jennifer is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-17-2012, 05:31 AM   #422
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pcaltman
Stats: 174.5/168/128 5'7"
WOE: Atkins 72',Primal, Paleo
Start Date: Working on it everyday:)
Wow do I get that statement " Bad day at work (as usual!) but I am really trying not to let it affect what I eat." I had a very bad day yesterday so had some wine then french bread. Need to so work on that and have a cup of tea instead. It really doesn't solve anything. But it's hard......I will keep on trucking.....

Menu:
B - coffee,hwc,splenda, 2 deviled eggs
L - artichoke dip
D - southwestern taco soup, french bread & wine
pcaltman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 02:10 PM   #423
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: NWLoser
Stats: 235/115
WOE: LC/Atkins
Start Date: 12/06 Final Time!
Hang in there Jen. There is no magic pill to fix how we think and handle food. I wish there was! I am in the best zone when I control what I eat. I think it is because I have no control over life. I used to use food to help me feel in control. Eating that chocolate or junk food put me in the zone temporarily but I hated the after self-hate, guilt, etc. I am not perfect in any sense of the word but this last week just realizing this relationship I have had with food over my life has made me realize that I can control something. I feel much better about life and myself when I have control in at least this area of my life. I am so proud of you even though you talk about the struggles. You have done so awesome. Look how far you have come! You have never given up and you just keep going. That is success. I think we will always be struggling to a certain extent with eating. I wish I could say that would magically disappear when you reach your "goal". But we can never go back to where we started and just eat whatever and whenever we want as that never worked to begin with and never will. I envy those people who can eat whatever and whenever. But I wonder when they aren't around others, maybe they are very careful eating the majority of the time and we are only seeing them eat a lot when they are out with other people. JMHO. LOL!

Pam, we are always going to have those days when we eat more than we should. As long as those days are in the minority we will succeed.

Hugs to everyone and we can do this!!

I AM NOW LESS THAN HALF OF MY FORMER SELF!!

Dianne

A proud TOPS member - became a KOPS on 4/24/08!

Join us over at the lowcarb TOPS thread. http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...-part-2-a.html
NWLoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 05:01 PM   #424
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ellgee
Hey my friends. Sorry to be MIA for so long. Life has been hectic and I can't even say why......

Hugs to everyone from me, too. We are all so alike. Kind of funny. Kind of crazy.

I went to a baby shower on Sunday determined to be "good." Well, once I got into the chocolate at the candy bar they set up, it was all downhill from there. Countless pieces of candy, a huge slab of cake and some Strawberry Shortcake vodka drink later, I was done. Sugar overload! But I got myself righted on Monday. It's a damn rollercoaster, I tell ya.

Let me tell you the secret that has led me to my goal. My strength lies solely in my tenacity. - Louis Pasteur
ellgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 08:24 PM   #425

Hello my friends!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcaltman View Post
Wow do I get that statement " Bad day at work (as usual!) but I am really trying not to let it affect what I eat." I had a very bad day yesterday so had some wine then french bread. Need to so work on that and have a cup of tea instead. It really doesn't solve anything. But it's hard......I will keep on trucking.....

Menu:
B - coffee,hwc,splenda, 2 deviled eggs
L - artichoke dip
D - southwestern taco soup, french bread & wine
I'm sorry you had a bad day We all know food doesn't solve anything, but it's so hard not to turn to it in times of stress. I hope things get better for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWLoser View Post
Hang in there Jen. There is no magic pill to fix how we think and handle food. I wish there was! I am in the best zone when I control what I eat. I think it is because I have no control over life. I used to use food to help me feel in control. Eating that chocolate or junk food put me in the zone temporarily but I hated the after self-hate, guilt, etc. I am not perfect in any sense of the word but this last week just realizing this relationship I have had with food over my life has made me realize that I can control something. I feel much better about life and myself when I have control in at least this area of my life. I am so proud of you even though you talk about the struggles. You have done so awesome. Look how far you have come! You have never given up and you just keep going. That is success. I think we will always be struggling to a certain extent with eating. I wish I could say that would magically disappear when you reach your "goal". But we can never go back to where we started and just eat whatever and whenever we want as that never worked to begin with and never will. I envy those people who can eat whatever and whenever. But I wonder when they aren't around others, maybe they are very careful eating the majority of the time and we are only seeing them eat a lot when they are out with other people. JMHO. LOL!

Pam, we are always going to have those days when we eat more than we should. As long as those days are in the minority we will succeed.

Hugs to everyone and we can do this!!
I wish all of our food issues would go away along with excess weight - wouldn't that be nice!I don't feel that I have any control in life either, and wish I could make food the one thing I can control. But I use it for comfort since I don't have that in my life either, and I guess at this point I need comfort more. But I also feel so much better when I'm in control of what I eat, and I can't for the life of me figure out why I want to lose that feeling
I wonder about thin people too. When I see them eat 2 pieces of cake or a venti Starbucks frap, is that all they eat for the day? And they only do it once in a blue moon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellgee View Post
Hey my friends. Sorry to be MIA for so long. Life has been hectic and I can't even say why......

Hugs to everyone from me, too. We are all so alike. Kind of funny. Kind of crazy.

I went to a baby shower on Sunday determined to be "good." Well, once I got into the chocolate at the candy bar they set up, it was all downhill from there. Countless pieces of candy, a huge slab of cake and some Strawberry Shortcake vodka drink later, I was done. Sugar overload! But I got myself righted on Monday. It's a damn rollercoaster, I tell ya.
It's wild how alike we are! I've said it before, but it makes me feel not so alone and freakish
I went to a bridal shower with a candy bar & actually resisted! I still think about it 2 years later, and I really want another crack at it You must have one at your DD's bridal shower. Oh, and invite meeeee! You know where I live - street ends in "bend"
Old 10-17-2012, 08:39 PM   #426

Binge Free Day 3

b - ham & cheese omelet, coffee w/hwc & torani's
l - pork roast
d - taco meat w/cheese & sour cream, caesar salad
s - piece of strawberry cake, chocolate covered pineapple
80 oz water, can of caffeine free diet coke, grande coffee from Starbucks w/cream & Torani's

One of my co-workers baked a cake for our boss for boss' day (we forgot about it until we started getting stuff from our own employees ), and I had a piece. His favorite cake is strawberry cake, and I had a piece on his birthday last month, and now I'm obsessed. She also baked one last Friday when we had pink day for breast cancer awareness, and then today. It's not a super-special cake or anything, just doctored up Duncan Hines, but so, so good. I even got a strawberry cupcake at Sprinkles a couple of weeks ago because I was craving it! And I ate another chocolate covered pineapple from my Edible Arrangement. Nom! I do admit to feeling a bit bloated; not sure if it's the fruit or the cake. Probably both But no binging
Old 10-18-2012, 06:03 AM   #427
Major LCF Poster!

Good for you Jenn no binging

Well starting today going a little more basic. My life doesn't seem to be getting better I might as well make my body look good

Menu:
B - coffee,hwc,splenda, 1 eggs, 1 sausage pattie
L - chicken salad, artichoke dip
D - chicken salad, artichoke dip
S - coffee,hwc,splenda, cheese
Old 10-18-2012, 10:32 PM   #428

Hi Pam

Basic is good. Less thinking about what to eat, and less room for error and carb creep. My menus are boring when I'm back to basics but it's easy and IMO you can't go wrong.
Old 10-18-2012, 11:04 PM   #429

Binge Free Day 4

b - 2 slices of melon, 2 strawberries, coffee w/hwc & davinci's
l - steak
d - chicken breast sauteed in butter, salad w/bacon & creamy balsamic dressing
90 oz water, 1 can diet coke, chocolate covered pineapple, grande Starbucks coffee w/hwc & Torani's

Had a NSV today. My bra was feeling tighter than usual, and I figured it was because I am bloated from the fruit I'm eating. It wasn't uncomfortable, just noticable, but I went to the bathroom to loosen it anyway, and realized it was on the last hook! I've been wearing my bras on the middle hook It's weird that the fruit carbs (ok, chocolate covered fruit carbs) are showing up in my upper abs and upper arms, but my lower abs look the same, and evidently my rib cage area is getting smaller since I wore my bra on a tighter hook than usual. Weird. It's all part of the learning process. I will normally not eat chocolate covered fruit, or non-chocolate covered fruit on a daily basis. But one of my employees spent a good bit of $$ for my Edible Arrangement, not to mention the thought behind it. And it's a perfect test of my resolve to eat what I want without binging since fruit isn't a trigger for me, although chocolate is. All a part of taking food as it comes and not stressing over it.
Old 10-19-2012, 06:12 AM   #430
Major LCF Poster!

A little every day will be just fine. I am sort of doing that. I love my white wine. Can't get enough. So I am cutting that out completely ( ok maybe 1 time month) and switching to beers. It's nice to sit with hubby and drink one beer watching tv. So will have 1 and just add the 3 carbs to the list. I will do this......

Down 1 1/2lbs today
Old 10-19-2012, 09:00 AM   #431

Hi Pam!

Congrats on losing 1.5 lbs - that's a nice whoosh!!

You know, we have to do what we can live with food/drink-wise, even if it means our losses will be slower. As long as I don't binge, I feel like I'm ahead.
Old 10-19-2012, 09:04 AM   #432

Leaving for NOLA for my brother's surprise homecoming party. I'll probably have a drink or 2, but except for some gumbo Sunday I think I will manage to stay pretty low carb.

I doubt I'll be on-line over the weekend, so hope everyone has a great weekend. Talk to y'all Monday!
Old 10-19-2012, 10:49 AM   #433
Major LCF Poster!

I think keeping it simple is key for me too. The way I eat might be boring for some but I like it.

Jen have a great trip.

Pam way to go on the loss.

Have a good weekend everyone!
Old 10-20-2012, 05:47 AM   #434
Major LCF Poster!

Have a great weekend everybody. Planning my menu for the day
Old 10-21-2012, 05:17 AM   #435
Major LCF Poster!

Hi all,

Doing well again. Hope you are too.

Menu:
B - coffee,hwc,splenda, 2 egg, sausage
L - chicken taco soup
D - shrimp w/butter
S - coffee,hwc,splenda
Old 10-21-2012, 12:31 PM   #436
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Pam. Looks like you are keeping on track.

I am recovering from a few days encounter with lots of Russell Stover Sugar Free Marshmallow Pumpkins! I love those things. They are really my downfall and I just need to stay away from the stores that carry them!!!! You think the side effects would stop me, but no I never learn.

Back on track and kicking myself.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend.
Old 10-22-2012, 05:51 AM   #437
Major LCF Poster!

On again off again Wine and chili last night for football.

Oh well, back on track today
Old 10-22-2012, 07:52 PM   #438

Back from NOLA. Had a blast, ate & drank too much, but could have done A LOT worse. But, came home & binged on chips, 2 sandwiches, candy, fruit & peanut butter. It's weird that I can come through the food capital of America relatively unscathed then binge at home, but I have an idea why.

Even though I said nothing was going to be off limits, yada, yada, I have gained weight & need to lose it. So my thoughts have been all over the place - eat what you want so you don't binge, but wait, lose the weight you've gained first, oh but finish your Boss' Day Edible Arrangement before you work on losing weight

Then, while we were in NO, I was invited to join my sister in Washington, DC in November 3-7. I figure I will never have the opportunity to be in DC on Election Day, so of course I jumped at the chance. Then Thanksgiving, then a doctor's appt (scale! ) on 12/7. So in the space of about 6 weeks from now, I have 3 things that I feel I have to diet for. Not to mention for no other reason than so that my clothes will fit!

Sooo, back to the diet drawing board, which is what caused me to eat everything in sight tonight. And yes, I do realize that going into mega diet mode, when the plan of going into mega diet mode is what made me binge is counterproductive, but I will not lose weight otherwise. Give me an inch and I will take a foot or 2.

Anyway, trip was a blast. My brother's MIL spilled the beans about the party so it wasn't a surprise, but me being there was a surprise. Here are a couple of pics - 1st one is me & bro, 2nd one is me & my 2nd or 3rd margarita
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo-3.jpg (32.9 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg photo-4.jpg (25.6 KB, 30 views)

Last edited by Jennifer; 10-22-2012 at 07:57 PM..
Old 10-22-2012, 07:56 PM   #439

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWLoser View Post
You think the side effects would stop me, but no I never learn.
I've learned to stay away from s/f candy, but can't seem to learn the same lesson about the real stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcaltman View Post
On again off again
I resemble that remark
Are you near DC? If so, and you want to get together while I'm there I'd love to meet you in person (I know your life is hectic so no worries if not)
Old 10-22-2012, 08:00 PM   #440
Major LCF Poster!

Jen, you look small! Are you sure you need to lose that much more weight? I think you look great.

Sounds like you had a good trip. I think being in DC is the opportunity of a lifetime. Enjoy it!!
Old 10-23-2012, 06:06 AM   #441
Major LCF Poster!

Ha ha ha we run from DC. Yes I am close of sorts. Used to be really close then moved. Around election, hum, have fun Take in some of the museums, they are wonderful.

Unfortunately we will be moving my disabled parent that week. Would love to meet, but don't know how. Never is enough time in my day for anything. But have fun.....Does your sister live here as well or are you all just dropping by? Bye the way you look great

What do you all eat for snacky stuff at night? Stuggling with this one.
Old 10-23-2012, 11:01 AM   #442
Major LCF Poster!

Pam, I save up some calories and have several things I choose for snacks. I have pork rinds which I thought I would never ever eat. But they satisfy the crunch and since they have no carbs, I don't feel guilty at all! You can even have some dip on them. Salsa is also a low calorie and pretty low carb item that you can use with your pork rinds and also on veggies. I also have string cheese and the lowcarb fudge bars. Of course, I don't eat them all! These are just my go to ideas for snacks.

Maybe some day in the future we can all meet. I think that would be pretty cool.

Hope everyone is having a good day.

Last edited by NWLoser; 10-23-2012 at 11:03 AM..
Old 10-24-2012, 05:08 AM   #443
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning all,

Wish I liked pork rinds. I keep trying them, hubby likes them, but not so much for me

Hanging in there.

Menu:
B - coffee,hwc,splenda, 2 eggs, kelbasa sausage, 1 oz cheese
L - 1/4lb cheeseburger, lettuce, onion, mayo
D - steak side salad w/ ranch
S - coffee,hwc,splenda, 2 oz cheese
Old 10-24-2012, 06:14 AM   #444

Another day, another binge I have to say that I'm getting close to giving up - something I said I'd never do. It's just too disheartening to fail day after day after day. One more binge & I'm done.
Old 10-24-2012, 06:28 PM   #445
Major LCF Poster!

Jen. Hang in there. You are worth it! You are just having a bump in the road. I think the more you fret about binging might be making you even binge more. Just try to take it one day at a time. I wish I was closer and I would talk you off this dangerous slope. Don't give up. You have come so far. You can do this. Look where you came from and how great you look. I think you look amazing. I would never think you had a weight problem in the past from looking at your photos. The others here along with myself care about you. We may be cyber friends but we are your friends. If you need to talk, I think I can speak for all of us that we are here to listen and you can vent. If you need to talk or text, please message us and we will be there for you.

Let us know how you are doing tonight. Ok? Please.
Old 10-24-2012, 06:30 PM   #446
Major LCF Poster!

Sorry Pam that you don't like pork rinds. I felt exactly like you do until this last month. I hated them! I don't even know why I bought them but they just tasted good to me and in the past I when I saw them. How about having fresh veggies like cucumbers, celery, turnips, etc. cut up that you can munch on or even eat with dip or salsa. I know for myself I need things to munch on.
Old 10-25-2012, 05:55 AM   #447
Major LCF Poster!

Oh Jenn, hang in there. Dianne is right just take one day at a time. That's how I used to be, now I need to do the one day at a time thinking myself. We can do this.

Yep I think this weekend when I go shopping I will pick up cucumbers and celery. Love that stuff.
Old 10-26-2012, 06:39 AM   #448

Thank you for the support

I have been on plan for the past 2 days, but am terrified that I will continue to binge. I am trying to take things one day at a time, but still keeping long-term events in mind - my Halloween shirt fitting next week, my trip to Washington, Thanksgiving, dr's appointment - that I either need my clothes to fit for, or worse - getting on the scale!

All of my clothes are uncomfortably tight which on one hand makes me not want to cheat, but on the other hand really makes me hate myself for my lack of control
Old 10-27-2012, 06:53 AM   #449
Major LCF Poster!

Totally get that. I was good yesterday. Did have wine, but great with food. Like I said I am one day at a time. I am going down a bit on the scale. Trying to plan out food and snacks and just change my routine a bit. Might even not post for while to get my head on straight. Feel like I need a 2 week vacation and get a hobby of some sort to keep me busy. Just nothing to do in temp housing. Have decided to start walking like I use to. I would walk at 8:30pm m,w,f,s,s for 1 hour every week. Felt so good. Broke up the nights got to feel the seasons, and got great excersise. So starting today I will walk. Cant do the 8:30 anymore or 5 days a week, but at least I should do sat and sun.
Old 10-28-2012, 09:39 PM   #450

5 days binge free

I really had to fight it today, but I got through. Keeping my short term goal (Washington next week) and long term goal (dr appt 12/7) in mind. I don't want to go to the doctor having gained 10 lbs from my visit in September!

Pam - I started walking too. I did 2 miles this AM & plan to keep it up, even if it means getting up earlier. I understand about needing a change of pace to keep things fresh & get into a good head space - you know how much I change my mind I will sure miss you if you decide not to post, but like I said, I totally get it

I'm feeling the need to change things up by weighing & tracking myself & my food. Not sure that I'm ready for the number on the scale, especially if some of it is water from starting to exercise. But, 1st of the month coming up, so I'm feeling the need for a change...I sound like such a flake