Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2012, 07:33 AM   #331
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pcaltman
Stats: 172/168/128 5'7"
WOE: Atkins 72',Primal, Paleo
Start Date: Working on it everyday:)
Ok need to try that one too. I just bought pork loin at Costcos yesterday and have a jar of peppercini's in the frig. My hubby loves thoughs.

So still at 154, yippy. stable......that's ok by me. My goal was to get in the 140's by the end of the month. Don't think I will make it, but will see how close I get......

So wasn't hungry at all after breakfast, no lunch and had a big burger for dinner. Looking back I see no veggies,not cool.....

Menu:
B - coffee,hwc,splenda,2 eggs, cheese,onion, sausage
L - nothing
D - cheeseburger w/mayo
pcaltman is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-23-2012, 08:44 AM   #332
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Jennifer
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: on and off, up and down since 1/30/07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
Jennifer- one of my buds on here said she is not posting cause she just doesnt care anymore, I told her, hey we have all had our ups and downs, I am so mad I gained some weight this summer through not working and not smoking, but I could keep shoving it in, or do something about it, we will have good days, bad days you name it but the point is we are trying!!!! Cake is cake! It will call us somedays and other days not!!!! Was it your B-day? Happy B-day to you!!!

Wings- someone posted a recipe on here I making on Monday, boneless chicken breasts,1 8-oz cream cheese, 1 bottle wing sauce, and 1 pack of dry ranch mix, put in crockpot and then shred and eat out of bowl, it sounds yummy I am making it on Monday, I have to take lunch early at work and I need more filling lunches so I am not starving in the afternoon!!!! So she said it is good heated up or cold!

Anyways hang in there kiddo, you are a huge inspiration!!!! You are doing great! Not binging is huge!!! That is something to be proud of!!!!

2 pieces, just call it one big piece
Yep, one big piece! I like the way you think It was boss man's birthday. On my birthday all diet bets are off. Last one I ate cake, 2 (or was it 3?) cupcakes, Rocky Road fudge, sourdough bread...that's all I can remember, but I'm sure there was more

And yes, some days the cake will call and some days it won't. Some days one bite will turn into a binge and some days it won't. All I can do is use the tools I have to fight as hard as I can so that the binges become fewer and fewer, and maybe stop altogether

I hope your friend doesn't give up. Even through all of the ups and downs I've had these past 5+ years, I never seriously entertained just giving up, and I hope your friend doesn't either. It was always in the back of my mind that I will get back on plan and will get to goal, whatever that ends up being. At the very least I will stop losing weight when I decide I'm done, not because I've given up.

I'm really, really trying to take the shame away from gaining weight &/or binging. Like you said, we have the choice of continuing to shovel it in, or move on. And we're moving on. Go us!!!!
Jennifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 08:49 AM   #333

Pam!

I have hungry days and not so hungry days too. At first I made myself eat because restriction tends to mean overdoing it later for me, but now I just go with whatever I'm feeling. One big thing I'm working on is trying to differentiate between physical hunger and head hunger.

I hope you get into the 140's by the end of the month, but even if you don't you will get there and we will all be with you when you do!

Eat your veggies

Last edited by Jennifer; 09-23-2012 at 08:53 AM..
Old 09-23-2012, 08:55 AM   #334
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ellgee
I am absolutely convinced that those who never quit but take their lumps on this diet journey and continue on, are the successful ones. That has been my struggle all along. I give up and while I eventually come back, I've regained all my lost weight and have to start all over. The "side trips" have to be shorter and less severe.
ellgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 09:29 AM   #335

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellgee View Post
I am absolutely convinced that those who never quit but take their lumps on this diet journey and continue on, are the successful ones. That has been my struggle all along. I give up and while I eventually come back, I've regained all my lost weight and have to start all over. The "side trips" have to be shorter and less severe.

Love the "side trips" verbiage. I do equate binging &/or eating what I want without regard to any plan with a vacation. A vacation from having my weight and am I gaining, losing, etc, or what I am or aren't eating front & center in my mind as it has been for at least the past 25 years. Lately though I can't seem to shut off the obsession no matter how much I want to. My brain is thinking of consequences before the fact rather than after, which is good for my weight, but ruins all my carefree fun Also, I think it's because I've made so much progress and am scared of undoing what I've done - again!

Trader Joe's opened in the old Alabama theatre Friday. The pictures look beautiful - especially the cookie butter display - get me a jar and a spoon! I will probably wait to check that one out until the store at Voss/Memorial opens later in the year. Let the crowds, and myself, thin out some more. But I am soooo tempted.

I had no idea there was a Pat O'Brien's in San Antonio!
Old 09-23-2012, 04:39 PM   #336

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
I am getting a new trainer mine is moving, I tried this guy's bootcamp workout, and he especially works on nutrition, I have gained 30 pounds this summer! OMG I am devasted that I let myself get so out of hand, it was the darn vacations, since I was off we went on 3 nice trips and I ate and drank and was merry I was so ashamed standing there in a bra and underwear seeing him take pictures, ughghghg, but this is good I think it will motivate me, I have to keep a food log, and then he reviews it to tweak as needed and mixes up my gym plan, I like that idea!!! So I am hoping to be back under 200 by the end of the year as my New Years gift to myself!!

As a side note the recipe is wing sauce, not hot sauce, I found Sweet Baby Rays wing and marinade was pretty low carb so I will let you know how it is!!!!!!
Old 09-24-2012, 05:41 AM   #337
Major LCF Poster!

He he he, "side trips" I was thinking the same thing

Doing good. Starting out this week at my last week low 154, so hopefully I can move on down. Thank you all for being there with me

Can't believe I actually made it through the weekend being good. I think I will do ok from now on. It's always the first weekend that sets the tone for the rest. Now I am back on track even over the weekends. Have a great day all.....
Old 09-24-2012, 07:37 PM   #338

Amber - I know how devastating it is to gain a bunch of weight back, but at least you caught it at 30 lbs. And you enjoyed your summer eating & drinking and now you're back to it! This new trainer will be some good motivation for you. I would have just wanted the floor to swallow me if someone were taking pics of me in my undies. At least you don't have shar pei skin like I do! Think of how awesome the after pics will look!

Where did you find the wing sauce?

Pam - for an on-plan weekend!!!
Old 09-24-2012, 07:41 PM   #339

I'm back to my Labor Day low of 134, so I'm happy about that. Binge free for 11 days and cheat free since the cake on Thursday.

DH is out of town until Thursday so I will probably skip dinner for the next few days since I don't feel like cooking for only myself. Coffee for dinner, although after the day I've had wine would be much better

nite nite
Old 09-24-2012, 08:06 PM   #340
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: NWLoser
Stats: 235/115
WOE: LC/Atkins
Start Date: 12/06 Final Time!
Amber, That sounds scary to me! No way could I have anyone take photos of me in my undies with all the wrinkly skin! Yikes! Sounds like he might be the right trainer for you. I know you can get under 200 by the New Year.

Pam, Congrats on a good weekend. You are on a roll.

Jennifer, Wow! You are doing great about not cheating and being back to your low. You need to realize you are a role model for lots who read this even though you don't feel like you are one. I think you/me are way too hard on ourselves at times. You need to be proud of how far you have come. For the longest time, I was just embarrassed that I had gotten as heavy as I had and wasn't proud of losing the weight. But now I finally am feeling differently. It is weird the mind games we can play. Have a great day!!

I still have trouble not overeating on the weekends. I was able to be the same weight this morning as Friday so that is my victory for this week.

I AM NOW LESS THAN HALF OF MY FORMER SELF!!

Dianne

A proud TOPS member - became a KOPS on 4/24/08!

Join us over at the lowcarb TOPS thread. http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...-part-2-a.html
NWLoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 05:51 AM   #341
Major LCF Poster!

Morning

Up 1 lb today but know it's Tom coming. My boobs are killing me I love seeing how you ladies use to be 200-300 lbs and now your smaller than me Tha's so awesome and inspiring. Thank you. Keep on trucking....Trying to get more salads

Hi Dianne I will check out your link.

Menu:
B - coffee,hwc,splenda, 2 eggs, cheese, salsa
S - 1 oz almonds = 48
L - chicken thigh, side salad w/blue cheese
D - asian pork, side salad w/blue cheese
Old 09-26-2012, 05:19 AM   #342
Major LCF Poster!

Hi,

Good with food yesterday, but had wine on hubby's day off. It was a good day. Up another 1.5lb do to To coing soon. Hate that, but I know it will come off right after. Hope you all have a great day.
Old 09-26-2012, 05:41 AM   #343

Only have a sec to say hi, but I will post more tonight. Passed up a mini cake from Everything Bundt Cake yesterday, but I know they will still be there today.

It's going to be a long, stressful day today...
Old 09-26-2012, 04:20 PM   #344
Senior LCF Member

Hey ladies!

Hope you are well. I weathered the Bridal Extravaganza and only came back with three pounds added to my butt. LOL!

I've been running to catch up since being off Monday. I'll come back and read all the posts shortly.
Old 09-26-2012, 07:00 PM   #345

Had a handful of white chocolate covered espresso beans but otherwise sticking to plan.
Torani coffee flavored syrup is my new obsession. I had some stirred into Greek yogurt for breakfast and then had some in my coffee. I'm about to have another cuppa with, yep, HWC & coffee syrup. I'm thinking about using it to flavor a cheesecake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWLoser View Post
Jennifer, Wow! You are doing great about not cheating and being back to your low. You need to realize you are a role model for lots who read this even though you don't feel like you are one. I think you/me are way too hard on ourselves at times. You need to be proud of how far you have come. For the longest time, I was just embarrassed that I had gotten as heavy as I had and wasn't proud of losing the weight. But now I finally am feeling differently. It is weird the mind games we can play. Have a great day!!

I still have trouble not overeating on the weekends. I was able to be the same weight this morning as Friday so that is my victory for this week.
Thanks Dianne. I am definitely hard on myself in all areas of my life, which is pretty much the cause of all my stress. Well, that and my boss
I am happy about my weight loss, of course, but don' feel proud yet. Like you I am embarrassed I had so much to lose. Last time I lost weight I told someone how much I had lost and she told me it was more than she weighed! I felt so embarrassed! I even remember the amount after 10 years - 117 lbs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcaltman View Post
I love seeing how you ladies use to be 200-300 lbs and now your smaller than me Tha's so awesome and inspiring. Thank you. Keep on trucking....Trying to get more salads
You are going to be super slim when you get to goal! You probably aren't far off now!

Quote:
Hey ladies!

Hope you are well. I weathered the Bridal Extravaganza and only came back with three pounds added to my butt. LOL!

I've been running to catch up since being off Monday. I'll come back and read all the posts shortly.
3 lbs isn't bad at all. I look forward to hearing all about it!

Last edited by Jennifer; 09-26-2012 at 07:14 PM..
Old 09-27-2012, 05:23 AM   #346
Major LCF Poster!

Hi all,

Hanging in there. We not really close. I am 156.5 this am, but Tom coming soon or I should be about 153. Long way to go, but that's ok. One day at a time....Have a great day ladies...

Menu:
B - coffee,hwc,splenda, 3 eggs, cheese, salsa
L - chicken thigh, side salad w/blue cheese
D - taco salad,lettuce,cheese,onion,salsa
S - coffee,hwc,splenda
Old 09-27-2012, 10:52 PM   #347

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post

3 lbs isn't bad at all. I look forward to hearing all about it!
Sunds like I want to hear all about the 3 lbs I love to eat vicariously through others, so I want to hear all about the FOOD!

Pam - Hang in there! TOM will soon be gone and take his nasty little friends with him. Your menu looks good! I'm going to start posting mine again tomorrow.
Old 09-28-2012, 04:25 AM   #348
Senior LCF Member

Well let me tell you about those three pounds..... I've lost 2 of them but starting to feel bloaty. Great. Love that.

Oh my goodness the food - well I seriously did try probably 20 samples of wedding cake. Some good, some not so good. Some were presented so cutely - tiny cupcakes with swirls of frosting. Lots of Italian cream cake. The food was good - mainly chicken in sauces, pastas. The one shining moment on the food front was from a catering company that had chicken breast stuffed with goat cheese, cream cheese and ham in a spicy poblano cream sauce. My wig blew off on that one. It was by far the best thing I ate all day!

Let me tell you the secret that has led me to my goal. My strength lies solely in my tenacity. - Louis Pasteur
Old 09-28-2012, 05:18 AM   #349
Major LCF Poster!

Laura that sound so good. I love anything with goat cheese

I guess I am hanging in there. I did break down and eat crackers last night. Just got frusterated. Not I a good mood this am so hopefully I will be ok through the day with my food choices. I usually am very good until dinner time, then a glass or two of wine and I am eating crackers infront of the tv. So not cool.....Well hopefully not today.

I am very worried about a birthday party my daughter is going to tomorrow. I decided to stick around and watch her. It's a pool party and she doesn't swim well, so very nervous......and it's an all day thing too But it's her best friend so I couldn't say no. Just need to watch for safety.
Old 09-28-2012, 07:02 AM   #350

I've decided that October will be a daily weighing and as close to cheat free as possible month for me. Not going to put any undue pressure on myself, but I am going to make an effort. I am going to have a free, but not crazy, weekend and really get back on track Monday with as little processed food and treats as possible. I'm not even going to let DH know my plan for this weekend because even though he is my biggest supporter, he is also my biggest enabler where food is concerned. And Monday is the 1st of the month - a dieter's dream start date! I'm also going to start to exercise (how long have I been saying that? ). I'm not promising to be the fantabulous gym rat that bejewelme is, but I will get my behind moving.

I'm seeing my new endo today, recommended by someone here on LCF. Coincidently he is in the same building and on the same floor as my gyn, and she spoke very highly of the practice when I told her I would be seeing them. I'm hoping that I can get my thyroid meds optimized and start feeling better. I feel OK physically other than being cold all the time, but I am just drained mentally and emotionally.

DH brought me a t-shirt from his trip. It is a size M girly cut and it fits! It's tighter than I'm normally comfortable in, but it fits like it's supposed to. DH's eyes were popping out at my boobs in the shirt I also got my shirt for the race for the cure. Size M as well, but much looser since it is unisex and not for fashion. So now I have race for the cure t-shirts in sizes M-3X
Old 09-28-2012, 07:07 AM   #351

Quote:
The one shining moment on the food front was from a catering company that had chicken breast stuffed with goat cheese, cream cheese and ham in a spicy poblano cream sauce. My wig blew off on that one. It was by far the best thing I ate all day!
Want!
Glad 2 of the 3 lbs are gone

Pam - Hope you feel better
Wine, or any alcohol, lowers my resistance to food.
You're a good mom to stay with your DD all day. How old is she? I was petrified of the water when I was a kid. I was 10 years old and in a beginning swimming class with 6 year olds because I was so scared of what the more age appropriate class was expected to be able to do.
Old 09-29-2012, 05:39 AM   #352
Major LCF Poster!

HI,

She is 9. She know how to swim, not great. So shallow end and I am staying. Can't trust the life guard with my baby girl.....

So I will be good with you for the month of October. I wanted to get into the 140's this month, but just too much going on. I guess I am ok, but I do have my moments and really need to stop the wine. Love it though, it calms me down. Most of the time I am ok but it only take one day to blow the week. So need to get better. So goal for October will be 145. I can do that.

Hopefully things will work out this next week with the Lawyers and we will be able to move sometime in October to a house. I am excited, hopefully, yet not 100% sure about anything anymore. Cross your fingers.......
Old 09-30-2012, 05:41 AM   #353
Major LCF Poster!

Hope your having a great weekend. Tomorrow is a new month. Just taking it one day at a time
Old 09-30-2012, 10:08 AM   #354

Ranting....

I got my hairs did yesterday, and wanted to go a little darker for fall. I had a picture of a darker honey blond that I wanted, Now I know I was not going to get an exact match, but it is dark! I am now a brunette! Nothing wrong with that of course, but it is not me and it looks horrible.

Then I go to shop for jeans. I have a pair of boyfriend jeans from Talbots that are my absolute favorites but getting a little roomy (not big, just roomy). Plus I wanted to see how far off from the next size I am. So I try on a pair of size 6's, and they have changed the fit! They fit bigger than my 8's, and in a different way. I didn't try on the 4s because this was more of a size check trip than a serious buying trip, and it was pointless since they had obviously changed the fit I ended up with a pair of junior super low Levi's. Not appropriate for a 40 year old but by that time I was done! I want a pair of no stretch jeans that fit at or just below my waist, straight leg - not skinny, super skinny, matchstick or toothpick. Does such a thing exist????

First World problems, I know, but I still medicated with chocolate
Old 09-30-2012, 11:48 AM   #355

I just binged & purged
Old 09-30-2012, 01:00 PM   #356
Senior LCF Member

Jen, hugging you from miles away. I know you are probably beating yourself up and just want to say you are a good and worthy person. Today doesn't define you!
Old 09-30-2012, 05:40 PM   #357

Thank you Laura, I need to hear that. Can't say I believe it, but it's nice to hear (read)
Old 09-30-2012, 06:00 PM   #358
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LCinFL
Start Date: June 6, 2005
I you Jen!! Minor set back, you can get back on track. I should listen to that advice too. lol
LCinFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 06:29 PM   #359
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: NWLoser
Stats: 235/115
WOE: LC/Atkins
Start Date: 12/06 Final Time!
Jen I am also hugging you from afar. You are a worthy person and don't let this sidetrack define you. You are worthy and you are a good person. Don't let this be a time to beat up on yourself. I have been there and I know how horrible it made me feel about myself. But it is just a minor blip on the fullscreen of life. You will do better and you are a great great role model. Congrats on the jeans and shirt sizes!! That is something you should be proud of and let that define you instead of your actions today. You are a walking testament of how well you have done. No one can see inside you that you might have had a slight setback. October is a new month and I am on board with you and Pam. I am going to try to be binge free. I struggle the most on the weekend. Some times I win sometimes I lose.

I hope the endo gets your thyroid meds adjusted. I am always cold but they say my medicine is the correct dosage. I wonder...

Pam and Laura - Waving Hi to you!!!

Pam I applaud you for going with your daughter to the pool party. I was like that with our daughter and I see myself doing that with my little grandkids. I don't want anything to happen and I don't know if others will watch them as well as myself or my daughter.
NWLoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 06:34 PM   #360

OK, so the binge is over, time to recover

My Plan:

Be Realistic About My Weaknesses
As much as I want to have a normal relationship with food, I do not right now. Sucks, but I have to accept it and move on. No more off plan food in the house.

Every Day is Important
Doesn't matter if it's Monday the 1st or Wednesday the 8th. Every day is worthy of a new beginning, and every Monday or 1st of the month doesn't have to be day 1 just because it's Monday or the 1st. Or Monday the 1st which got me into this latest mess.

Don't Tempt Myself
I am always looking at recipe sites (low carb & not), and printing recipes for "later". Or perusing the junk food aisles at the store, or looking up restaurant menus on-line. Stopping that now.

KISS
Keep It Simple Stupid
Guess what? I am not smarter than Dr. Atkins, so why do I insist on doing Jenkins? Dr Atkins did not say to follow his plan to the letter, except for when you turbo diet because you have x y or z coming up, and then after that plan for a cheat meal/day/weekend. Especially for someone like me who cannot seem to stop. I'm going to reread Atkins '72 & DANDR, and eat cleanly and simply.

Try to Believe That I am More Than My Weight Loss
This is a biggie and probably the key to whether I am successful long term or not. Since I have already lost 150 lbs and gained them back once, I'm scared of doing it again. Add in that I feel this is the only worthy thing I've done in my life, and I'm good and obsessed. I hate my job and I suck at it, DH & I are not doing well at all, I have no friends or family. I'm lonely and depressed and my weight loss is all I have going for me. So when I fail at that I feel like I have just completely failed at life. I'm thinking about trying hypnosis for self-confidence.