Old 09-14-2012, 06:23 AM   #301
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Jennifer
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: on and off, up and down since 1/30/07
Thursday - Cheat Free:1 Binge Free:1

b - 4 slices of bacon, coffee w/cream & Torani's
l - bacon wrapped filet
d - chicken breast sauteed in butter, salad w/lettuce, tomato, bacon, Hickory Bacon dressing
s - cheese
73.9 oz water, 1 bottle Crystal Light appletini, 1 can diet Barq's
1,207 calories, 88.8 fat, 13.1 carbs, 83.4 protein

I missed my cheat free & binge free count. I guess I need something to track to feel like I'm doing something right.

I admit that I feel like a big failure right now. I should be knocking on the door of the 120's, but instead I'm probably over 140. Nothing wrong with being 140'ish or even with gaining a few pounds, it's just the way that it seems I always go about it. Eat/lose well for a while then binge and undo it all. I like Pam's idea of 2 cheat days a month while at goal, and will see how I can incorporate that while in weight loss mode. Maybe 2 cheat meals a month? I'll see. In any case I'm going to try my best to stay cheat/binge free until the end of the month.
Jennifer is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-14-2012, 10:57 AM   #302
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ellgee
Hey all,

I can totally relate to how it feels to get sidetracked. A year ago I weighed under 200 and was feeling almost like a normal person. Not sure how or why I decided to put on blinders and gain 50+ pounds. I can't even tell you how it happened so I know it is good to be mindful with the small gains before they are BIG ones. I wish I had done that. But I've been good 2 weeks now and I'm already getting that itchy, tired of dieting feeling! Like I can't breathe and I need to break free. I don't know how people stay "good" for so long......

Let me tell you the secret that has led me to my goal. My strength lies solely in my tenacity. - Louis Pasteur
ellgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 10:02 PM   #303

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellgee View Post
Hey all,

I can totally relate to how it feels to get sidetracked. A year ago I weighed under 200 and was feeling almost like a normal person. Not sure how or why I decided to put on blinders and gain 50+ pounds. I can't even tell you how it happened so I know it is good to be mindful with the small gains before they are BIG ones. I wish I had done that. But I've been good 2 weeks now and I'm already getting that itchy, tired of dieting feeling! Like I can't breathe and I need to break free. I don't know how people stay "good" for so long......
Why do we do that to ourselves? One of the great mysteries of life I suppose...
At least you lasted 2 weeks before feeling itchy. I was feeling that way this morning - after only 2 days
Sad but true - I wish I could be put into a coma for about 30 days and be given the bare minimum of calories to keep me alive. And after those 30 days have lost 30 lbs and have to gain 10.
Old 09-15-2012, 10:06 PM   #304

Friday - Cheat Free: 2 Binge Free: 2

b - 3 creamy cheesy eggs, coffee w/cream & Torani's
l - steak
d - taco meat w/sour cream, salsa & cheese; caesar salad
2 l water, can of caffeine free diet Coke

Passed up birthday cake - again! I swear there is a birthday everyday!
Old 09-15-2012, 10:22 PM   #305

Saturday - Cheat Free: 3 Binge Free: 3

b - 2 sausage patties, coffee w/cream & Torani's
l - steak
d - chicken breast sauteed in olive oil, salad w/bacon & Balsamic Herb dressing
117 oz water, 2 diet Cokes, grande Starbucks coffee w/cream & splenda
1,437 calories, 104.4 fat, 17.6 carbs, 104.4 protein

Fat and protein grams the same. Neat, but not good for Atkins which is high fat & moderate protein, but my fat calories were 2x's what my protein calories were. I don't really track macros, just an interesting observation.

I joined my company's team for the Race For the Cure on 10/6. Now I have 3 weeks to try to get into some semblance of shape!

I was able to wear my smallest jeans with my shirt tucked in today, so I'm pretty happy about that. Even though I have 2 other pairs that are a smaller size than these jeans they're bigger, so these are my gauge. They're boyfriend jeans from Talbots; I'm going to have to get a pair in the next smaller size (6!) to track progress. I will be happy when these are my fat jeans.

For the first time in a long time I didn't buy any binge food at the grocery store; I didn't even window shop the candy or ice cream aisles. I think it's because my jeans fit so I know that either I've made progress in the past couple of days, or I didn't do as much damage as I thought I had. Probably a combination of both, but crazily enough if my jeans were tight or too muffin-toppy I probably would have eaten all weekend & started over Monday. Makes no sense, I know
Old 09-16-2012, 06:59 AM   #306
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pcaltman
Stats: 174.5/168/128 5'7"
WOE: Atkins 72',Primal, Paleo
Start Date: Working on it everyday:)
Your doing great. Me not so much. I had 2 pieces of pizza and 2 pieces of birthday cake. I never do that. I guess I'm upset with things right now, but need to stop punishing myself and get back on board. At least my weight is stable, 15lbs heavier but stable. I will do it
pcaltman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 09:34 AM   #307
Senior LCF Member

Is it odd to wrap your head around the fact that you wear such smaller sizes? At my lowest weight I got into 14s. To me that was crazy because I'd been in 20-somethings for so very long but that next stop down (had I continued losing) would be 12s. Cuh-razy!

Tight jeans and muffin tops make us feel bad and we comfort ourselves by eating. Makes perfect sense to me, LOL!! I'm just ready for my clothes to fit more loosely. After this last weight gain spike, everything was soooo tight. And that's not a pretty butterfly and fairy feeling at all.

Pam - pizza and birthday cake sound really yummy to me. I'm on a down day today on my calories so everything sounds good. Next weekend will be interesting since I'm going to a Bridal Extravaganza-ganza-ganza...with my daughter in San Antonio. They will have all kinds of samples to eat. Luckily it's a high day but has the potential to be treacherous if I let it.

Last edited by ellgee; 09-16-2012 at 09:37 AM..
Old 09-16-2012, 03:17 PM   #308

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcaltman View Post
Your doing great. Me not so much. I had 2 pieces of pizza and 2 pieces of birthday cake. I never do that. I guess I'm upset with things right now, but need to stop punishing myself and get back on board. At least my weight is stable, 15lbs heavier but stable. I will do it
I'm with Laura - birthday cake (my favorite!) and pizza sound wonderful to me! With the stress you're under trying to get settled housing-wise, I think you're doing great. I don't even want to think what I would be binging on. Last week would be a drop in the bucket. And updates on your housing situation?

Quote:
Is it odd to wrap your head around the fact that you wear such smaller sizes? At my lowest weight I got into 14s. To me that was crazy because I'd been in 20-somethings for so very long but that next stop down (had I continued losing) would be 12s. Cuh-razy!

Tight jeans and muffin tops make us feel bad and we comfort ourselves by eating. Makes perfect sense to me, LOL!! I'm just ready for my clothes to fit more loosely. After this last weight gain spike, everything was soooo tight. And that's not a pretty butterfly and fairy feeling at all.

Pam - pizza and birthday cake sound really yummy to me. I'm on a down day today on my calories so everything sounds good. Next weekend will be interesting since I'm going to a Bridal Extravaganza-ganza-ganza...with my daughter in San Antonio. They will have all kinds of samples to eat. Luckily it's a high day but has the potential to be treacherous if I let it.
About the sizes, I do remember being thrilled with milestones - being able to go to Lane Bryant & wear a 26/28 rather than having to order 5x on-line, sizing out of plus-size stores, etc. But I guess I have been this size for so long, that the thrill is gone It's sad that I bought my smallest jeans almost 1 year ago (mid-oct) and I'm still wearing them. Granted they were skin tight when I bought them, but it shows that I really need to buckle down and get to goal.
Congrats on your DD getting married! Is the wedding in San Antonio? I would taste just what sounds way too good to pass up, and any food your DD is considering. The cake would drive me crazy though. If there's anything I love more than birthday cake, it's wedding cake.
Hope your down day hasn't been too bad!
Old 09-16-2012, 08:33 PM   #309

Sunday - Cheat Free: 4 Binge Free: 4

b - Carbmasters peach yogurt, coffee w/cream & Torani's
l - gouda cheese & oilve salad
d - steak, salad (lettuce, tomato, bacon, blue cheese crumbles, blue cheese dressing)
141.9 oz water, 1 can coke zero, grand coffee from Starbucks w/cream & splenda
1,356 calories, 110.7 fat, 22.9 carbs, 67.5 protein

Craving, but stayed on plan. I'm going to weigh in the AM and I'm nervous about the number; hope it's not too bad.
Old 09-17-2012, 05:18 AM   #310
Senior LCF Member

Hey Jen,

Yes my daughter is getting married in San Antonio. After she graduated from University of Houston, she moved there where her boyfriend has probably two more years to finish up at UTSA. She took the fast track in college and he's taking the slow track, LOL! But San Antonio is in the middle - his family is from El Paso. She's why we plan to move back to Houston in a few years. She loves it and I want to be close when grandchildren start making an appearance which I HOPE is still a ways off. I'm too young to be a granny! HAHAHA! Plus she's just 22 now and will be almost 24 when she gets married.

I plan to do just what you said and eat just what I have to. But like you, wedding cake makes my heart sing! Buttercream icing and I are super best friends.

Hope your weigh in is great! And even if it isn't, you are moving in the right direction. I'll check back in later.
Old 09-17-2012, 05:23 AM   #311
Major LCF Poster!

You all inspire me. Thank you Well the housing, hum....we have a meeting this am. I am not too hopeful and if things don't work out, we may just have to stay where we are and start sueing people. Not fun and all the money we lost. This has truely been a nightmare. But I am tough and will pull through. Just need to make sure the kids are ok.

Starting today day 1. You really pull me through thanks again
Old 09-17-2012, 08:21 PM   #312

Pam - How was the meeting? Hope everything works out OK. How was day 1? I've had plenty of day 1's

Laura - Last time we were in SA there was a wedding at one of the missions. The bride looked beautiful, but terrified! If you need help tasting wedding cake, you know where to find me Me & buttercream are BFF's too - the cake is just a vehicle for the icing as far as I'm concerned

Last edited by Jennifer; 09-17-2012 at 08:23 PM..
Old 09-17-2012, 09:45 PM   #313

Monday - Cheat Free Day:5 Binge Free: 5

b - 4 slices bacon, coffee w/davinci's
l - pork chop
d - checken breast, caesar salad
80.9 oz water, 1 can diet Dr Pepper, 1 can Fresca
1,178 calories, 84.1 fat, 12.3 carbs, 89.3 protein

Weigh-in was good - 136.5. I was pleasantly surprised and wonder if my scale is broken.

Turned down a piece of a donut from Round Rock donuts (it's one big donut). Of course I had to go to their website, and I was drooling. We are planning to visit some friends in Round Rock this fall and I may have to indulge.
Old 09-18-2012, 06:24 AM   #314
Major LCF Poster!

Hi all,

Meeting got postponed, go figure. I have given up. We will just be in court for the next 2 years over this Oh well, life I guess.....The one thing is I need to square myself away and then things will get better. So 100% good eats for me.

Day one was great. I did make beef barley stew for dinner, but the portions were withing carbs so I firgured that was ok. Up 3lbs from the stupid cake I eat. I knew that was coming so I am not to worked up over it. Very hungry today, tired and hurting a lot, so will take it easy. Bad storms coming through all day.

Menu:
B - coffee, hwc, splenda, 2 eggs, cheese
L - chicken salad
D - beef barley stew
S - tea, cheese
Old 09-18-2012, 03:55 PM   #315
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post

Laura - Last time we were in SA there was a wedding at one of the missions. The bride looked beautiful, but terrified! If you need help tasting wedding cake, you know where to find me Me & buttercream are BFF's too - the cake is just a vehicle for the icing as far as I'm concerned
The missions are so beautiful! We are doing her wedding and reception on top of Pat O'Brien's. They have a nice venue upstairs called the Grand Promenade and it's kind of a one stop shop.

That's so funny about the icing (frosting?)! I freak out when I see people throw away icing. What's up with that? And I really only mean buttercream. Can't deal with that whipped icing nonsense. Cake is just an icing carrier to me too. When my daughter and I took a Wilton cake decorating class I ate my weight (seriously) in icing. That stuff is soooooo good.
Old 09-18-2012, 09:35 PM   #316
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: cindym
Stats: 350(Dr.'s office)/322/200
Start Date: Off and on since 26Feb01
Hi Jennifer & Friends ~ Just popping in to say Hi
cindym is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 05:40 AM   #317
Major LCF Poster!

Hi all,

Doing great so far. One day at a time right Jenn Hope everybody is doing well and have a great day

Menu:
B - coffee,hwc,splenda, 2 eggs, cheese, salsa
L - chicken salad
D - pork stir fry, ceaser salad
S - tea, cheese
Old 09-19-2012, 05:26 PM   #318

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Hi all, Jennifer you are doing great!!! Had my B-day son took me for dinner nice and low carb except for hot corn muffins, ughghg but I guess it could have been worse, muffins and cake, LOL

I am struggling quitting smoking I got fat, and the weight usually falls off when I am strict, I am exercising every morning and that scale is stuck, but I know it will catch up eventually!!!!

It is a darn hard battle every single day that is for sure, you can do it!!! I remember wearing size 30/32's at Avenue and thinking OMG what is next, I cant go any bigger! I wish I would have kept a pair of those might have to go to Lane Giant and try on a pair if I ever get to a goal and figure out what it is!!!
Old 09-19-2012, 06:49 PM   #319
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: NWLoser
Stats: 235/115
WOE: LC/Atkins
Start Date: 12/06 Final Time!
Hi all. Jennifer you are doing so well. You should be proud of yourself. I know I am super proud of you and in awe of you losing so much!

Amber, I did keep a pair of my "fat pants and fat shirt". It is amazing to try them on and see how far you have come. It always overwhelms me. I could probably get another 1 or 2 people into the shirts. I can fit in one leg of my pants. LOL!

Everyone keep up the good work.

I hope Jennifer that you don't mind us hanging out in your journal. It is just so comfy.

I AM NOW LESS THAN HALF OF MY FORMER SELF!!

Dianne

A proud TOPS member - became a KOPS on 4/24/08!

Join us over at the lowcarb TOPS thread. http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...-part-2-a.html
NWLoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 07:52 PM   #320

everyone!!!

I am here & sticking to plan, but have been extremely busy at work this week so haven't had a chance to post. I will try my best to catch up tomorrow.

I'm so glad y'all are here!!
Old 09-20-2012, 05:50 AM   #321
Major LCF Poster!

We all hy-jacked her journal

Doing well. Got up this am and was 3lbs lighter. couldn't believe it This is day 4 for me back on track and doing well. Ate the last of the peanuts last night. Not many, but had the munchies and wanted them out of the house.

Menu:
B - coffee,hwc,splenda, 2 eggs, cheese
L - 1 chicken thigh, ceaser salad
D - creamy southwestern soup (2 helpings)
S - cheese,peanuts
Old 09-20-2012, 10:13 AM   #322
Senior LCF Member

Pam! Congrats on the 3 pounds! Woo Hoo!!!

Yeah, Jen, sorry we took over. We are patiently talking to each other until you return.
Old 09-20-2012, 10:52 AM   #323
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: NWLoser
Stats: 235/115
WOE: LC/Atkins
Start Date: 12/06 Final Time!
Good job Pam!
NWLoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 09:35 PM   #324

I'm glad you all are here!!!

I sat down to update & fell asleep in front of my computer! I'm so tired, I will have to catch up tomorrow.

Still binge free but no longer cheat free. Had 2 pieces of birthday cake today, and I don't feel the least bit guilty.

nite-nite
Old 09-21-2012, 05:17 AM   #325
Major LCF Poster!

Jenn you are doing over all great I mean look at your stats, AWESOME!!!!!!!

Hanging in there. So excited I have my head on straight. Well at least for the moment, ha. Excited to watch football and have buffalo wings this weekend......

Menu:
B - coffee,hwc,splenda, chicken & mayo
L - chicken thigh
D - pot roast & side salad w/ ranch
S - coffee,hwc,splenda, 85% chocolate 2 pieces
Old 09-21-2012, 05:25 AM   #326
Senior LCF Member

Hey Jen!

You are doing wonderfully and I'm so glad you aren't beating yourself up about the cake. That's what I call life! We don't always want to be standing on the sidelines, you know? Good for you, friend! Hope you get some rest this weekend!
Old 09-21-2012, 07:31 AM   #327

Happy Friday!!

I will probably go to the office tomorrow, but happy Friday anyway

I have to say how grateful I am to everyone who shares their ups and downs. I read so many posts here and think "I could have posted that", or find myself nodding in agreement as I read or tearing up because it hits so close to home. I never knew so many people had the same food issues that I do! IRL I'm very insecure and shy and honestly am pretty isolated from people, so it's nice to have a place where I feel I belong.

You all inspire me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindym View Post
Hi Jennifer & Friends ~ Just popping in to say Hi
Hi Cindy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
Hi all, Jennifer you are doing great!!! Had my B-day son took me for dinner nice and low carb except for hot corn muffins, ughghg but I guess it could have been worse, muffins and cake, LOL

I am struggling quitting smoking I got fat, and the weight usually falls off when I am strict, I am exercising every morning and that scale is stuck, but I know it will catch up eventually!!!!

It is a darn hard battle every single day that is for sure, you can do it!!! I remember wearing size 30/32's at Avenue and thinking OMG what is next, I cant go any bigger! I wish I would have kept a pair of those might have to go to Lane Giant and try on a pair if I ever get to a goal and figure out what it is!!!
Belated Sounds like a nice dinner, and hey, if you can't splurge a little on your birthday, when can you splurge right?
The weight will start to come off again, I'm sure. You're building muscle and possibly retaining some water from exercising. Add in quitting smoking ( for you!!) and probably still some healing from your surgeries , and your body is going through a lot! I hate when you're doing everything right, and the evil scale just refuses to cooperate
I wish I would have kept a pair of my biggest jeans too. We could probably each fit in 1 leg! I did keep some 4x t-shirts that I used to wear, and they're like nightshirts now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWLoser View Post
Hi all. Jennifer you are doing so well. You should be proud of yourself. I know I am super proud of you and in awe of you losing so much!

Amber, I did keep a pair of my "fat pants and fat shirt". It is amazing to try them on and see how far you have come. It always overwhelms me. I could probably get another 1 or 2 people into the shirts. I can fit in one leg of my pants. LOL!

Everyone keep up the good work.

I hope Jennifer that you don't mind us hanging out in your journal. It is just so comfy.
I'm so glad y'all are hanging out here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcaltman View Post
We all hy-jacked her journal

Doing well. Got up this am and was 3lbs lighter. couldn't believe it This is day 4 for me back on track and doing well. Ate the last of the peanuts last night. Not many, but had the munchies and wanted them out of the house.

Menu:
B - coffee,hwc,splenda, 2 eggs, cheese
L - 1 chicken thigh, ceaser salad
D - creamy southwestern soup (2 helpings)
S - cheese,peanuts
WTG Pam!!! Glad you are feeling back in the groove. Whenever I get off track, my biggest fear is that I'll never get back on.
Oh, and hijack away!

Quote:
Hey Jen!

You are doing wonderfully and I'm so glad you aren't beating yourself up about the cake. That's what I call life! We don't always want to be standing on the sidelines, you know? Good for you, friend! Hope you get some rest this weekend!
Exactly! I wanted cake (twice), I ate cake (twice). Why, oh why, do so many of us make it harder than it needs to be? I'm not talking about those for whom one bite will set them off, I mean, that's me some of the time too. But why could I do it yesterday, but couldn't stop last week? It wasn't planned by any means, so was it because I just ate it without obsessing and having a debate with myself? Or were the planets aligned? Full moon? Hell if I know, I guess I should just be grateful that I didn't binge and hope I'm as lucky next time.
Old 09-21-2012, 05:06 PM   #328

Jennifer- one of my buds on here said she is not posting cause she just doesnt care anymore, I told her, hey we have all had our ups and downs, I am so mad I gained some weight this summer through not working and not smoking, but I could keep shoving it in, or do something about it, we will have good days, bad days you name it but the point is we are trying!!!! Cake is cake! It will call us somedays and other days not!!!! Was it your B-day? Happy B-day to you!!!

Wings- someone posted a recipe on here I making on Monday, boneless chicken breasts,1 8-oz cream cheese, 1 bottle wing sauce, and 1 pack of dry ranch mix, put in crockpot and then shred and eat out of bowl, it sounds yummy I am making it on Monday, I have to take lunch early at work and I need more filling lunches so I am not starving in the afternoon!!!! So she said it is good heated up or cold!

Anyways hang in there kiddo, you are a huge inspiration!!!! You are doing great! Not binging is huge!!! That is something to be proud of!!!!

2 pieces, just call it one big piece
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 05:04 AM   #329
Major LCF Poster!

Hi all,

Down another pound and so excited about it. thought I ate too much food yesterday, but guess not.

Bejewelme _ your so right. Good days and bad days. That recipe sound great. I might put that on the menu for next week too. Is that a little bottle of sauce?

Hope everybody has a good day. time do drink my coffee and plan a long walk with the dogs.
Old 09-22-2012, 05:26 AM   #330

It is a 12 ounce bottle, it seems like it will be hot but it mellows in there I think, I make another great recipe, pork loin in the crock pot and dump a bottle of peppercini over it OMG it is so tender and delicious and not real hot!!!
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote