Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2012, 07:46 AM   #181
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/IDK/140
WOE: Currently JUDDD
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Gotta love the gluc pudding! It really helps me get by when I'm feeling the need to eat something. My week is going great, I'm proud to have made it through a whole week on JUDDD and am halfway through my second week, plus now we have a challenge and a goal to reach. 20lbs by the end of this year! I feel positive and strong regarding JUDDD, and I feel like I can set my course and GO.

Cheers to positive energy!
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-19-2012, 04:32 PM   #182
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ellgee
Hey Nikki - gonna pop over and check out your new 'do!

Hey Blonde! Can't believe it the middle of your second week back! It's gone by really fast, hasn't it?

I just posted on your journal about my gluc pudding I made yesterday and it was so good.

Glad you are feeling positive! It sure beats the alternative, huh? I'm trying to make myself believe that even if I waver or have some bad days, giving up again is not an option. Every time I screw up, I just throw my hands in the air and walk away. And gain a LOT of weight back. Just don't want to play that same old game anymore. If I screw up, I get myself back on the darn wagon and keep riding. I'm tired of losing the same darn pounds over and over again.

Let me tell you the secret that has led me to my goal. My strength lies solely in my tenacity. - Louis Pasteur
ellgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 07:08 AM   #183
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellgee View Post
Hey Nikki - gonna pop over and check out your new 'do!

Hey Blonde! Can't believe it the middle of your second week back! It's gone by really fast, hasn't it?

I just posted on your journal about my gluc pudding I made yesterday and it was so good.

Glad you are feeling positive! It sure beats the alternative, huh? I'm trying to make myself believe that even if I waver or have some bad days, giving up again is not an option. Every time I screw up, I just throw my hands in the air and walk away. And gain a LOT of weight back. Just don't want to play that same old game anymore. If I screw up, I get myself back on the darn wagon and keep riding. I'm tired of losing the same darn pounds over and over again.
Oh hell yeah! That is the attitude of success!!! Mistakes are simply that, and we're not going to slash our wrists, or dash our hopes over a mistake. I'm with you, all way. We're goin' down...together. Period.
Old 09-20-2012, 01:47 PM   #184
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: nikkiluvslowcarb
Stats: 315 /164.4/ 155
WOE: WW Points Plus
Start Date: June 7th 2011
Thats right girl, never give up on yourself! No one is perfect, we all make mistakes. It's how long it takes us to recover that makes a difference. It's no fun losing and gaining the same weight over and over. I've been there done that tons of times.
nikkiluvslowcarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 04:38 PM   #185
Senior LCF Member

Blonde - you are right! We are going down........LOL!

See Nikki - that's why you inspire me so! You have been where I am. And look at your success!!

Yeah, the recovery has always been the hard part for me. I am working to change that. For reals.
Old 09-21-2012, 05:46 PM   #186
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: AsmallerME
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellgee View Post
I'm tired of losing the same darn pounds over and over again.
Me too! It takes all the fun away and seems like a huge waste of time and energy.
AsmallerME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 04:27 PM   #187
Senior LCF Member

Okay so I am back from our out of town trip and was up about 3.4 on the scale. I had a good DD yesterday and got almost half of that out of the way.

Bridal Extravaganza was great fun. Oh, the cake.....and the caterer samples. We did get our photo booth reserved today for the reception. You can fit 10 people in this thing and it should be lots of fun. Got a few ideas for her cake and photographer, too. All in all it was a great day.

Just felt so behind since getting back. Kept thinking Tuesday was Monday. End of month is upon us and at work that means lots of stress before the 28th. I'm just plain tired. The NEXT weekend I am out of town again. My son is running in the Tough Mudder in Austin and I've rented a condo for the weekend. Probably will be a little off track then, too. But it should be great fun!
Old 09-30-2012, 01:18 PM   #188
Senior LCF Member

One month down on JUDDD! Had one sidetracked weekend and that's okay. Not going to beat myself up about it.

This week is also going to be a little sidetracked. Going to court with a friend tomorrow who may or may not have her divorce finalized. If it does turn out to be finalized, we are celebrating with margaritas! If not, it will be a normal eating day for me. Then on Friday we head out to watch my son in the Tough Mudder and that will probably mean two UD in a row. I vow to get right back on when I get home.
Old 09-30-2012, 06:45 PM   #189
Blabbermouth!!!

Who's getting married? I wanted a photo booth at my wedding. Those are so fun! Is the mudder one of those 5k mud runs? I kind of want to do a warrior run, which is a 5k mud run thing with obstacles along the way. One day...

Good job having a solid month of Juddd back under your belt!
Old 09-30-2012, 07:32 PM   #190
Senior LCF Member

My daughter is getting married in June of 2014. I think the photo booth will be great fun! It fits 10 people and they bring out all the props.

Yes tough mudder is a mud race. It's 12 miles and has some seriously hellacious obstacles including an ice plunge and one where live wires hang down and shock you as you go through. It's called Electroshock Therapy! I plan to take lots of pics.

I'd love to do one but probably not this one!
Old 10-01-2012, 03:50 AM   #191
Blabbermouth!!!

Holy hell, definitely avoid that mudder! look up the warrior dash, it might be more your speed. There is no electrocution.

I totally forgot about your daughters wedding. How fun!
Old 10-01-2012, 10:30 AM   #192
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Mornin' Laura! I totally hear ya on the double UD, I had a triple one. Yikes, but as you say "best to get back on track asap". I'm doing well today and feeling positive...my scale is lucky to still be in the house after my weigh-in this morning! DD today for me, I'm rockin' it with veggie power, trying to stay satisfied so no more relapse...at least for awhile. The "mudder" sounds seriously scary.
Old 10-01-2012, 03:34 PM   #193
Senior LCF Member

Yeah on the Tough Mudder - it is a tough one but my son was really pumped about doing it and has been working out. He's running with a friend. It should be VERY interesting.

Blonde - glad you are working this DD! WTG!

So my 9/1 to 10/1 total loss is.....................wait for it................................

14.2 pounds!!!

A very stellar month back on JUDDD. I am sure October will be a much slower loss month but I'm very happy. Although today was kind of a mid day. My friend's divorce was granted and she got all the things she wanted so we celebrated at lunch. Back in line tomorrow and then out of town for the weekend. I just need to try not to undo my good work.
Old 10-02-2012, 07:06 AM   #194
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

WOWOWOW!!
Congrats on the weight loss! You deserve it!
Old 10-02-2012, 03:15 PM   #195
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: nikkiluvslowcarb
Stats: 315 /164.4/ 155
WOE: WW Points Plus
Start Date: June 7th 2011
Congrats!!! Keep up the good work!
nikkiluvslowcarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 06:28 AM   #196
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Mornin' Laura! Thanks for the "talk"...I needed it!

Have a fabulous day!
Old 10-03-2012, 04:17 PM   #197
Senior LCF Member

You are doing just fine, Blonde! You got this even if you think you don't.

So after a great DD yesterday I was so excited to weigh this morning and only lost .4 pounds. Yes, it's a loss but dang it - it should have been more. I hate the scale. But sometimes I love the scale. Grrrrr.

Last edited by ellgee; 10-03-2012 at 04:18 PM..
Old 10-04-2012, 03:26 AM   #198
Blabbermouth!!!

Yay!! Congrats on a great first month! You are doing amazing!!! and yay for .4 today. Girl, that's 1/2 a pound. If you do that a few more times, this could easily be a 5-10 pounds loss month. You'll be safely in the 30s for Halloween, and firmly in the 20s for Thanksgiving. Keep it up!
Old 10-04-2012, 05:03 PM   #199
Blabbermouth!!!

Did you try the bullet proof coffee?
Old 10-04-2012, 08:37 PM   #200
Senior LCF Member

I did! It was pretty good. I did 1 tsp coconut oil and 1 tsp butter. It was 72 calories or so. Now I did get hungry 5 hours later but that's a goodly amount of time to me. It's hard to do it on a workday because I make my coffee at work and don't want to drag my magic bullet there. But I'll do it on weekends. Give it a try and tell me what you think!

Good luck on your DD tomorrow! Way proud of you!!!
Old 10-05-2012, 03:53 AM   #201
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks girl. I have a regular blender, so I'll have to use that. I've never tried coconut oil, but ill get some this weekend. If a 80 calorie drink can keep me full for hours, then it's def worth trying.
Old 10-05-2012, 05:53 AM   #202
Senior LCF Member

I agree. I like sweet creamy coffee and I added some Splenda to it. I need to make it again. I think the fat really kept me satisfied.

Well, I am off to Austin for the weekend. I am so close to the 230s I can spit on them. I am going to try hard not to go cuckoo bananas but I want to enjoy myself today and tomorrow. Definitely plan to be back on plan Sunday as we head home.

Will check in then. Have a great weekend friends!!!
Old 10-05-2012, 09:17 AM   #203
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Have a great time Laura! Remember how close you are, you've got this mama!!!
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 09:28 AM   #204
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey Laura! Where are you girlfriend? How was Austin? I hope you had a great time and I'm here to visit and to say "you better not be somewhere beating yourself up"!!

I miss you! I'm doing another wheat-free experiment. I swear it's like trying to quit smoking...I can't seem to give it up! 2 whole days wheat -free.

Come on back good buddy. You copy?
Old 10-11-2012, 10:02 AM   #205
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose View Post
Hey Laura! Where are you girlfriend? How was Austin? I hope you had a great time and I'm here to visit and to say "you better not be somewhere beating yourself up"!!

I miss you! I'm doing another wheat-free experiment. I swear it's like trying to quit smoking...I can't seem to give it up! 2 whole days wheat -free.

Come on back good buddy. You copy?
Yeah!!

Sincerely, I hope you are well honey and just busy. No beating yourself up allowed! Come back!!
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 10:45 AM   #206
Senior LCF Member

No beating going on here, girlfriends! Just busy! Taking a day off and going out of town makes me feel like I'm running the whole next week at home AND at work.

Had a wonderful weekend and ate some yumtastic food. I gained 3.2 while away and restarted Monday. Three pounds are now gone and I'm a happy girl!

I'll be following your wheat free experiment with interest, Blonde! I have tried to get lower carb, gluten free, etc. and just can't seem to do it. It IS hard! I like my chocolate and bread and ice cream too much! LOL!
Old 10-11-2012, 11:31 AM   #207
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Whoa!!! I didn't say anything about giving up chocolate and ice cream!

I think if I can give up wheat it will help me enormously with my food issues. I really believe I'm addicted and once I start I can't stop eating it ie; too many/too much crackers/cookies/pizza/pasta/bread ...you name it, I can't stop eating it. Have you ever had rice pasta or corn pasta? Let me tell you, you can't over-eat that stuff, it's different with wheat spaghetti...I can eat it til I'm sick.

Glad you're doing well!
Here we go again....
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-required.html
Old 10-13-2012, 04:44 AM   #208
Senior LCF Member

Ahhhh the weekend. Finally! And an UD to boot. Alas, DH isn't in town this weekend but I'm working hard on a baby blanket for a shower tomorrow. Nothing like waiting til the last minute, right.

Finally hit a new decade today - 239.2. So glad to leave the 240s. I know I may bounce after today's UD but I'm claiming the 230s as MINE!

About to head out and pick up my first Bountiful Basket. It's like a produce coop. Kind of looking forward to seeing what I get. Then it's back home to knitting the day away. Have the baby shower on my DD tomorrow but not too concerned about it. Will do my best.

Blonde - have never had rice or corn pasta. What does it taste like?
Old 10-13-2012, 08:02 AM   #209
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey Laura!! Congrats on the new decade! You earned it, you own it! I wish I could knit or crochet. I've tried to teach myself but I never get more than two rows of crochet before it all goes bad!

Non gluten pasta are actually GOOD. I've had mostly brown rice pasta and it's tasty. The weird part is that I don't feel the need to over-eat gluten free pasta. I get full.

Have a great up day today and enjoy the baby shower!
Old 10-17-2012, 07:15 AM   #210
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey Good Buddy!! How are ya?

I made the most amazing "cauliflower no mac n cheese yesterday! Mmm Mmm GOOD.

Miss you!