Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2012, 05:40 AM   #61
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: AsmallerME
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 2012
Check in! I miss you.

If it helps, I restarted juddd on Sunday and it wasn't as hard as I was prepared for. Our bodies are used to it since we did it so long. After two DDs, I started to have that same excited/happy/motivated feeling we both had a few weeks ago.

I hope you are doing well.
AsmallerME is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-10-2012, 10:27 AM   #62
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ellgee
I'm still here. Still trying to fake it til I make it. Each day I start anew and each day I don't quite get where I'm going.

BUT that's definitely progress from where I was having days of craziness.

I was ready to start JUDDD up again this week but I'm rebelling against it so much! I am not sure why!

Amber! I see you reached a new low! WTG! Gosh, I need my mojo back.
ellgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 10:30 AM   #63
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Hi Laura. Sending hugs and good thoughts to you today. I know you'll find that motivation again to get going to where you want to be. Having a bit of a frustrating week myself but talking myself out of giving up for what seems like the millionth time. We can do it! Cheering you on hon, keep the faith!
DesertGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 04:07 PM   #64
Blabbermouth!!!

You do need to find your mojo. I sooooo understand how you're feeling now. I had almost 6 straight bad weeks so you're still doing better than me at this point. Just keep trying to pull it together and eventually you will.

Don't push yourself to do JUDDD, unless you aren't finding success otherwise.

If you do restart JUDDD, I'll be having an UD tomorrow if you want to restart and have an UD with me. We can do it!!
Old 06-11-2012, 05:31 AM   #65
Senior LCF Member

Okay, self, we are going to restart JUDDD today. I will go easy on you with a nice UD. You can do this. You are a weight loss machine. Enough goofing around gaining weight. Now march!!!!!!!

(My self is really a belligerent 15 year old. I doubt she will listen to my little lecture but we will see.)
Old 06-11-2012, 08:42 AM   #66
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/226.6/125
WOE: Currently 5:2 w/ a 3rd all fruit & veg day
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellgee View Post
Okay, self, we are going to restart JUDDD today. I will go easy on you with a nice UD. You can do this. You are a weight loss machine. Enough goofing around gaining weight. Now march!!!!!!!

(My self is really a belligerent 15 year old. I doubt she will listen to my little lecture but we will see.)
I was a mouthy 15 year old too! You got this girlie! Never give up, NEVER surrender! I'm cheering for you, Ellgee, you my bud.
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 08:55 AM   #67
Blabbermouth!!!

You can do it Laura! We are here with you every step of the way. Remember that no matter what is going on, good or bad, always check in. I think it helps tremendously with working out whatever's going on. Rock on sister, this is yours for the taking!
Old 06-11-2012, 10:31 AM   #68
Senior LCF Member

Awww thanks, Blonde and Danielle. I really appreciate it.

I guess all I can do is just keep trying and one day it will stick. Maybe that day is today. Who knows? I'm just not feeling it at all!!!!!!!!

And Danielle, you are so right - when I'm scarce around here I'm cuddling up with Ben and Jerry. At the same time!!!!!!
Old 06-11-2012, 10:56 AM   #69
Blabbermouth!!!

Hang around here as much as you can hon, I swear it makes a huge difference. One day at a time is all anyone can ask for, make the best choices you can and things will slowly fall into place. Fake it til ya make it babe, I'm right there with you!
Old 06-11-2012, 05:17 PM   #70
Blabbermouth!!!

You can do it, Laura!!! I know you can do it!! You kicked booty on JUDDD before. Seriously, you thought I was doing great but your losses were actually faster than mine. How could today not have been great??? It's an UD so really, what could have gone wrong??

Now tomorrow, buckle down and really try to stay at or below 800. Ease back into things if it helps. I promise you that if you force yourself to stay good, you'll be so thankful you did and you'll be in the groove by Saturday.
Old 06-11-2012, 05:19 PM   #71
Blabbermouth!!!

And ditto Danielle. Check-in daily even if it's to report a gain or bad day. After a few of those, it will start to bug at you and you'll start to find your mojo. Every time you or Melanie or someone wrote on my journal and forced me out of lurkedom, it nagged me so much that I was doing so poorly. I hated reading threads and thinking of advice to give and not following through. So read, post, think, and it will fall into place.
Old 06-12-2012, 10:22 AM   #72
Senior LCF Member

So UD complete and wasn't so tough. My mental fight was in not wanting to count anything! Not wanting to be on a "diet." But we all know what happens when we quit trying. I know too well.

Had great anxiety about my DD today and strangely, I feel fine! Don't know about staying at 500 calories but will definitely keep between 500 and 800. My legalistic mind keeps telling me that because I've played so much I need to do 500 for the next weeks. I just don't want any chance of sending myself into another tailspin.

I need to stick with this. Weighed in yesterday and was up 11.2 pounds. I believe I'm truly gifted in the weight gain department. TOM is here but I am pretty sure it doesn't account for 11 pounds, LOL!

Onward and downward!

Let me tell you the secret that has led me to my goal. My strength lies solely in my tenacity. - Louis Pasteur
Old 06-12-2012, 05:44 PM   #73
Blabbermouth!!!

We all have our talents!

In all seriousness, seeing that you restarted was one of my days highlights! I'm very excited for you and hope that your DD was a success.
Old 06-13-2012, 05:24 AM   #74
Senior LCF Member

Why thank you! What a nice thing to say! You definitely helped get me moving back in the right direction. DD was not too bad! I ended the day at 701 calories and today is a glorious UD! YAHOOOOOO!

And happy to say 3 of those 11.2 pounds are gone. What a relief! I think one of the things about starting again is that maybe whatever plan I'm on won't work. It isn't a rational fear but there you have it.

Don't have a real plan for today but want to stay low early in the day to have a nice dinner tonight. My son is always asking me - high or low day? or how many calories do you have left? Funny how we can train them, right?
Old 06-13-2012, 08:25 AM   #75
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Laura, it's funny those questions about how many calories left or if you're up or down...when I'm on a DD I get real grumpy about those questions and want to say "What's it to ya"? or "None ya"! Hang in girlie, you're stepping forward so don't look back. Keep coming back, check in. I'm so happy you have a journal! It will help you sort things out. BTW, thanks for checkin' on me.
Old 06-13-2012, 10:16 AM   #76
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Blonde! I hear you on those DDs. I think I'd mentioned before one of my coworkers always knew I was on a DD because she said I was grumpy! HA! And actually doing the 700 calories was SOOOO much easier than 500. I may just stick to that and if the losses are slow so be it.

And I am so glad you check in on me. You are and have always been my long time inspiration and it's good to share the rough patches together.
Old 06-13-2012, 01:43 PM   #77
Blabbermouth!!!

GREAT JOB on the loss lady! I am so so proud of you for sticking it out and taking care of business. YES!

I hope you're having a beautiful day!
Old 06-14-2012, 12:18 PM   #78
Blabbermouth!!!

Yooooo Hooooooo anybody home!!! How's today going?
Old 06-14-2012, 12:31 PM   #79
Senior LCF Member

I'm here! I'm here!!

All is going well! How about you?

I am a little concerned, though. A wedding reception two weekends in a row and my anniversary coming up next week. YIKES!
Old 06-14-2012, 12:46 PM   #80
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm think 700 is perfect if that's working for you! Slow loser is better than no loser! As for your big events coming up, you know what to do. 700 before, 700 after the weekend. I know you can! As for sharing rough patches, ME TOO YOU!
Old 06-14-2012, 01:57 PM   #81
Blabbermouth!!!

You can do it honey! Like Blonde said, work your plan and all will be right with the world. Conscious eating and I think you will be a-okay!

I'm doing alright. Realizing that I'm gonna have to fight for every pound lost no matter how good I am food wise. All the years of messing around with weight loss has finally come to bite me in the booty, I think. All is good, I'm not giving up anymore.
Old 06-14-2012, 04:14 PM   #82
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Laura and Danielle, anyone who says it's easy is fibbing or deluded. If it was easy we'd all be svelte underwear models....

Go girls!!!
Old 06-14-2012, 08:21 PM   #83
Senior LCF Member

Wait! I'm really NOT a svelte underwear model???????

Damn!!!!!

Y'all are right. I know how to handle the weekends. And I'll do my ding dong darnedest best.

Tomorrow is my UD which is good. My 19 year old son is having a party and I'm heading out to spend the night with a friend leaving DH at home in case problems arise. I'm on pins and needles. My son is very smart and mature but I know there will be drinking and I'm a worrier. Which makes me an eater. Then a wedding reception Saturday night which my plan is to eat super light all day and allow myself most of my 700 there. Then Father's Day Sunday. I'll be glad when this weekend is in the books.
Old 06-15-2012, 10:16 AM   #84
Blabbermouth!!!

You can do it hon! Don't forget to enjoy yourself

I have a 19yo son too I'm sure he will do right by you guys and behave.
Old 06-15-2012, 10:27 AM   #85
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Danielle! I'm sure he will do right by us, too. It is just the OTHER kids I worry about! LOL!

So today I saw 239! Back in the 30s again. Today being an UD I will probably break back into the 40s but I have seen the future! I have to have to have to stay on track!

I hope everyone has a slap happy weekend! I know once tonight is over and done (and everybody is in one piece) I will be able to breathe better.
Old 06-15-2012, 07:00 PM   #86
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yay for the 30's!!! Relax and have a great weekend!
Old 06-18-2012, 03:33 AM   #87
Blabbermouth!!!

Congrats on seeing the 30s again. I also saw them this morning...

Is today UD or DD for you? It's a DD for me. We can do it.
Old 06-18-2012, 10:24 AM   #88
Senior LCF Member

Hey all - well the weekend picked me up, slapped me down and threw me around - dietwise. LOL!

But, I'm back counting those pesky calories today as best I can. Staying on plan all week and throwing it away on the weekend isn't really working for me. Bummer.

I think I'm going to try straight calorie counting this weekend and go from there. I'm still feeling the deprived, want to eat everything feeling even with my higher DDs. Why is it so hard to get my head back in the game?

One and only good thing after this weekend is I didn't gain back EVERYTHING I'd lost.
Old 06-18-2012, 01:20 PM   #89
Blabbermouth!!!

Back at it one step at a time. You'll do great!
Old 06-20-2012, 09:38 AM   #90
Blabbermouth!!!

Alright, what's up? You're on page 2 lady. Talk to us and come share.