Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2012, 09:20 AM   #31
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/current ?/125
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/14
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
I'm determined to knock you into page two of your journal! Here's a BIG BUMP!

Hugs and Hurray for you! What kind of crazy were you thinking?

~Blonde

PS: Today is my last day of LC, on to JUDDD tomorrow. I'm determined to eat as LC as possible, use LC products like Julian Bread, LC tortilla's etc to get what I need on my up days. I also want to limit sugar (LC ice cream, etc.). There are lots of good treats available in the lower sugar form. Hope you're having a fabulous time with hubby. <3

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-required.html

Last edited by Blonde with a Rose; 05-06-2012 at 09:25 AM..
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-07-2012, 04:43 PM   #32
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ellgee
Thanks for knocking me to page 2! Much better than being knocked into next week!

Well - crazy? I felt on the verge of chucking it all and just going on a crappy food blitzkrieg. Yeah it was definitely about eating. No running naked down the street or anything. Neighbors would be horrified.

And hubby didn't get here til Saturday! He had no coverage on Friday night so he was on call. I was mad. But by Saturday I was unmad and happy to have him home. My daughter surprised me on Friday night (actually early Saturday morning). She drove in with her boyfriend from San Antonio to spend the weekend since we can't be together on Mother's Day. So it was a nice weekend. My son should be home for the summer on Wednesday.

Urgh. Today was not my best JUDDD shining moment. I wanted chocolate and chocolate I had. And chips. And a Little Debbie Oatmeal Pie. PMS is here and tap dancing on my head and shoulders and I just went belly up. Left hardly any calories for dinner but will just eat something sensible and call it an "off" day.

I'll dust myself off tomorrow and start again. Never give up; never surrender, right?

Let me tell you the secret that has led me to my goal. My strength lies solely in my tenacity. - Louis Pasteur
ellgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 07:57 AM   #33
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

NEVER GIVE UP, NEVER SURRENDER! Right!

Juddd is very forgiving so move on to the next day. Thanks for giving me the push I needed to get with the program. We'll be here for each other! I hope your week is going well!
~Blonde
Old 05-08-2012, 04:20 PM   #34
Senior LCF Member

My week is going just fine and dandy. I've been reading lately about losing 10% of your body weight and then maintaining for a month or two. Some articles I read said 6 months. Eek! But I think the premise is sound. It can certainly alleviate diet burnout. So I'm considering after I lose my first 10% to take a maintenance break for a month and then start again.

I've never gotten to goal because I burn out and stop what I'm doing. I am hoping this might help. I've often heard maintenance is harder than the weight loss. Not sure I'd agree with that but I do know I have never maintained. Just lost and gained.

Just throwing some ideas around.
Old 05-10-2012, 04:15 PM   #35
Senior LCF Member

So the week is progressing fine. I'm entering my TOM zone where nothing much happens in the weight loss department. I'm prepared for it. Can't say I'm happy about it but I am prepared.

My son came home from college and it's great having someone in the house again. At first I thought it would make JUDDDing tough but in the last few months at school he has lost 45 pounds (he's 19 and male) and is wanting to maintain his loss so hopefully we won't eat too much junk around here. He's working as a lifeguard this summer so I know he wants to preserve his physique.

Finishing up 8 weeks on JUDDD and on the 18th is my official two month mark. I'm feeling so much better about everything in general and have kept to my goal to exercise three times a week. I HATE to exercise but I feel good when I do. I just have this voice in my head that keeps saying "The other shoe is going to drop. You can't hold out much longer." I'm ignoring it as best I can and hopefully each day of success makes that voice get dimmer and dimmer.
Old 05-11-2012, 05:08 PM   #36
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: AsmallerME
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 8/18/14
Congrats on your son being home. I bet it's nice. And big congrats on 235!!!!!! You are halfway to the 20s! The idea of maintaining is interesting but does it need to be at least one month?
AsmallerME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 06:37 AM   #37
Senior LCF Member

Copied this over from the JUDDD weigh in thread.

Okay, I had my pity party and know clearly what happened yesterday. Not that this is a confession - it is more for me than anything else. First time since starting back to JUDDD that I've really gone over calories. Even on my crazy M&M day. Bummer.

TOM came four days early. Always gain due to cramping and water retention.
Went over my UD calories. Felt sorry for myself and didn't count initially but went back this morning and reconstructed. Accountability!
Had Mexican takeout for lunch AND dinner. Sodium, sodium, sodium.

Gonna have a golden DD. VICTORY! Had my small glitch but I'm back in control. That's a NSV for this girl.

I do feel positive today even with the scale up. I know it's temporary.

Amber - you know, I was thinking about that whole month thing. It's like I don't want to stop on the weight loss front and maybe a whole month isn't totally necessary. I was reading something that said even a 7-10 day break using maintenance calories can be effective and another article said 10-14 days. The last article doesn't base it on losing a percentage - he writes about dieting for 10-12 weeks, break for 2, back at it and continuing with this cycle. This is way intriguing to me. He says it helps physiologically and psychologically. I can totally see that. Really liking that last approach.
Old 05-15-2012, 08:26 AM   #38
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yes, yes! It's temporary. I love the forgiveness of JUDDD. On to the next day, right? I hope you're doing well, I'm happy that your son is home and you won't be alone so much.

BIG HUGS!!
Old 05-16-2012, 03:55 PM   #39
Senior LCF Member

So after that UD that I went over calories on, I had a good DD, then had a cuh-razy UUAD. Didn't count anything but breakfast. First time that's happened since I started back on JUDDD.

BUT, I have since reined it in and gotten back on track and staying within my calories. I managed to put on 3 pounds and have lost 2.4 of that so almost back to my lowest point. Whew!

We had lunch brought in today and it was Mexican. Do you know how hard it was to stay out of the conference room today? Now tomorrow, I am going to have some of the leftovers for lunch.

I can feel myself getting a little diet weary around the edges and hope it is temporary. I don't deprive myself of anything. I think it is just the constant counting that is getting tiresome. My husband is coming in this weekend and Sunday is his birthday. So there will be cake and dinner. Probably margaritas. Oh, Lordy.
Old 05-18-2012, 08:02 AM   #40
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellgee View Post

I can feel myself getting a little diet weary around the edges and hope it is temporary. I don't deprive myself of anything. I think it is just the constant counting that is getting tiresome. My husband is coming in this weekend and Sunday is his birthday. So there will be cake and dinner. Probably margaritas. Oh, Lordy.
You're absolutely right! Up days are for the things you can't have on a "diet". Maybe you should "count" on your DD's and not so much on your up days. I know it can be hard and tedious...but you've got this. Remember, it's a Marathon, NOT a race.

Have a wonderful weekend with Hubby, including cake.
Old 05-21-2012, 04:52 PM   #41
Blabbermouth!!!

How are you?? I totally understand the leeriness. I'm suffering myself now from my own funk. I'm restarting tomorrow afternoon. Please hold me accountable!
Old 05-21-2012, 05:00 PM   #42
Senior LCF Member

Hey Blonde and Amber -

Well, this weekend, I held myself accountable for nothing but eating! LOL!

And actually I'm good with it all. Saturday was an UD that started out well but by dinner, I was having a couple of drinks, eating fried seafood and then there was ice cream.

Sunday I made cake balls for my husband and well, yeah, you can predict the rest.

Saturday morning did see a new low - 233. By weigh in this morning I was at 238.4. All I can say is I really enjoyed myself! LOL!

I have had a good DD so far and hope to continue on with my rotations. BUT Memorial Day is looming and we are going out of town. GAH!

All I can do is keep picking myself up and starting anew. That's a good feeling and a DIFFERENT feeling. Usually I throw all caution to the wind and gain a LOT of weight.

Amber - you can do this!
Old 05-23-2012, 08:18 AM   #43
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Mornin" Ellgee..... (I like that name, it's cute)...

I know how hard it is to maintain this program. The thing that's working for you (us) with JUDDD is the chance to turn it all around. A couple of DD's can turn everything right again. For me, that keeps me from throwing in the towel completely and gaining it ALL back. Being able to let go of guilt, accept it for what it is...a good time and then back on track...even if it's for a day or two, it's so much better than getting into a funk and losing your mind and "waking" up with so much lost ground. We can do this. It's a marathon, not a race.

Old 05-23-2012, 05:07 PM   #44
Senior LCF Member

You are so right, Blonde.

I'm just a very black and white person. I think to be successful at dieting you need to be a gray person. I drive myself insane trying to be perfect, restricting myself so much and then go cuckoo bananas. I'm learning to be gray - that eating 25 calories over my limit will not sink me; that I can veer a bit off plan and the sky won't fall (neither will my weight but oh well).

I know without a doubt that persistence is definitely key. Just have to keep going and keep starting over and over.

So as of today I've lost 2.6 of my 5.4 gain. Almost half. I am happy about that. From tracking my weight daily, I know I tend to gain around ovulation AND TOM. I'm in the ovulation area now so I won't expect much loss over the next week or so. We leave to go out of town Saturday morning which is an UD but I know for a fact Mexican food is going down my piehole that night. Hopefully I can keep from going nuts and just be "normal." We shall see.
Old 05-23-2012, 06:02 PM   #45
Blabbermouth!!!

I'm totally black and white too. I am constantly reminding myself that one bad meal or day or month isn't a reason to gain it all back. We are works in progress, right? You are going to do great this weekend. Congrats on already being half way back to your low!! You are almost there!
Old 05-24-2012, 04:19 PM   #46
Senior LCF Member

Amber - we ARE works in progress. Always. Forever.

And even IF this weekend turns out on the bad side, I just have to know in my mind, I'll be right back on this damn horse when I get home. No ifs, ands, or big, gigantic butts!

I'm only .2 away from my last low. Right in time for the weekend. Pfffft. It's all good. I'm looking forward to it and plan to enjoy myself. I don't want to live life in a straitjacket. I also don't want to live life in a size 5x muumuu. There has to be a happy middle ground and I aim to find it.
Old 05-26-2012, 05:58 PM   #47
Blabbermouth!!!

Good luck and have fun!! I'll be here to cheer you on when you get back.
Old 05-30-2012, 10:40 AM   #48
Senior LCF Member

Well, I came back and all hopes of really holding it together were dashed as soon as we hit the Bucee's! They were giving samples of cinnamon rolls with cream cheese icing. And I needed my coffee............................

Came back with an additional 5.4 pounds. I own it.

Did a DD yesterday and thought I'd get off a pound or two but was exactly the same weight today as yesterday!!!! So not fair.

I'm throwing things around in my head. Not planning on quitting by any means but just doing something different for awhile and then heading back to JUDDD. I don't know. I knew this point would come when I would tire of calorie counting...........I am determined to get back to where I was and then make a decision about what I want to do.

Some days I wonder why I just can't stay fat.
Old 05-30-2012, 04:59 PM   #49
Blabbermouth!!!

You can't stay fat because you have already seen such a huge improvement in your mental and physical health in 20+ pounds. Imagine how happy and how great you'll feel in another 20, or when the scale says 199. Or when you buy a size 8! You can't stay fat because you don't want to be fat. You don't.

Now, as for what to do, I'm all for change if you think it may help. Maybe try straight 1200 cals per day? Or low carb. I know you said you feel restricted on it, but maybe you could overcome that somehow or use it to gladly switch back to juddd?

I honestly think I have to cal count or cycle, even with low carb, so it may be unavoidable for you too. I just overeat clearly.
Old 05-30-2012, 05:01 PM   #50
Blabbermouth!!!

Also meant to say that I sometimes don't lose until day two of diets since the gain from off-plan eating is still occurring on day one. I figure day one on plan negates the gain that was about to appear. Did this make any sense?
Old 05-31-2012, 10:58 AM   #51
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Laura, I get it, totally. When JUDDD is not working, for whatever reason, what do we do? I have not been able to have a single DD in what seems like forever...so what are my options? What are you thinking about doing? Talk to me, I'm feeling so desperate right now.
Old 05-31-2012, 04:29 PM   #52
Blabbermouth!!!

You wrote me the following and I think you should listen to YOU.

Hey friend - you got this! Be kind to yourself.

I had my first off JUDDD weekend and have pulled it together and started anew today. Won't mention going out of town NEXT weekend........

Just keep pressing in. We will NOT give up! This road will not be perfect and we will have times we are tired and want to to give up; and times where we throw caution to the wind and not give a care about what we are eating. That's called life. But we will not allow ourselves to stop trying. Remember where that got us? I know I gained 55 pounds when I quit trying. Not going back to that. And neither are you!

Check in and let us know what's going on!
Old 06-01-2012, 05:16 PM   #53
Blabbermouth!!!

Check in or I'll sick the juddd budds on this journal.
Old 06-02-2012, 12:27 PM   #54
Senior LCF Member

Oh Amber - you made me laugh! Nothing like getting your own finger pointed back in your own face!

Of course, you are right. And I was right.

Sigh - I'm working at this in my head. Trying to decide how I am going to continue. Just have that diet tired feeling, you know? And I absolutely have to get back on this because I'm up 8 pounds from my lowest.

I know for a fact, too, that I have to calorie count. I had to do it with low carb, too. I just like to eat. A lot. But that is what I'm so tired of - being vigilant about every morsel. And then I feel like an idiot complaining after only 2.5 months while others have done this for months and months.

Today has gone well..........so far...............the plan (for this moment in time) is to continue with JUDDD but up my DD calories so I don't feel so deprived. My friend who sits next to me at work mentioned very casually that I'm kind of moody on my DDs. ME, MOODY????? Yeah, I kind of knew that. So I'm upping them to 35% which gives me about 770. Still an average of 1485 a day which should allow for gradual weight loss. But gotta get one day of success in before I can plan any further.

Blonde - handing you a paddle as we are in this boat together but we are going in circles, huh? Clearly, I have my paddle out of the water and am twirling it like a baton. I need to start rowing.
Old 06-02-2012, 02:09 PM   #55
Blabbermouth!!!

Each successful day will make the next one easier. Maybe even do a week in maintenance mode and then a week in wl mode? I'm with you on trying to get my mojo back for being super strict.
Old 06-02-2012, 02:35 PM   #56
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Laura,

Just wanted to write and tell you that I completely and totally understand where your mind set is. I was there several months ago, totally numb of anything resembling weight loss. I took too long getting my head back in the game and regained the little I'd managed to lose plus some I think you're being smart and at least keeping up with something you know and never giving in completely. Good for you!! Hang in there, I know when something clicks for you you'll be on your way to a fabulous journey! I'll be here with you, I've just restarted again this past week, determined to see this through and with zero excuses. Coming here everyday helps tremendously and gets me through some tough times. We'll all do this together and we WILL succeed! We're worth it, right?

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 05:56 PM   #57
Blabbermouth!!!

Just stopping in to say I restarted juddd today as a DD. Monday is an UD. Wanna join me?
Old 06-04-2012, 06:55 PM   #58
Senior LCF Member

Hi Danielle! You are so right. If I give up completely I will only be right back where I started. That is just too awful to imagine. So glad you have restarted! I'm right there with you!

Amber - how did your DD go? My rebellious mind is saying NO to the 500 calorie DDs. I'm doing straight calories right now (well, heck, it's only been one day!). I'm toying with the idea of JUDDDing at 35% which is like 750. Wonder if I could do it? Maybe I'll be ready next week. I'm very proud of you by the way!
Old 06-05-2012, 03:45 AM   #59
Blabbermouth!!!

How many calories are you doing? I toyed with 1400-ish but then realized that I love the UD splurges. I figured the cycle was a fair trade to get some nice, indulgent days. My DD went great. I'm actually on a DD again today (mon was an UD). Plan is a shake and salad with chicken. I'm back to 234, one pound up still.
Old 06-08-2012, 08:30 AM   #60
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!