Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2014, 01:59 PM   #301
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
I really really hope you have found your niche and that 5:2 truly works for you.

I've found that when things turn to caca (this made me laugh BTW), that coming here has made all the difference in stumbling and staying on track vs. the alternative.

I don't do coffee without creamer either...right now I'm finishing up peppermint mocha
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-06-2014, 02:23 PM   #302
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: AsmallerME
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 2012
Hi Laura!!! So glad you found your way back here!!!! (((hugs)))

A lady I work with did 5:2 and lost like 40 pounds. She loved it. She said it gave her the flexibility that she needed for her social life. She tried to keep to a schedule of T/Thurs as her DDs, but sometimes she shifted those days to fit her life. And she did great. I was doing JUDDD when she was doing 5:2 and her losses were the same as mine and I was definitely suffering more. haha

I'm back on LC. I restarted before the New Year but had a few off-plan weeks in December. So I'm firmly back on now and trying to keep my eye on the prize.
AsmallerME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 05:54 AM   #303
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ellgee
Peppermint mocha - mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! I promise in this new year to stay close to my buds. Really, you guys give me hope, support, strength.

AMBER!!!!! It's been forever! You always did so well on LC. I wish you nothing but amazing success!

So happy to hear about your coworker and 5:2! It does give me the flexibility I want by changing my low day around plus I love JUDDD but just couldn't stand the thought of doing every other day at this point. I decided to do my second fast day today and wasn't even dreading it or freaked out because I know I will be done for the week!

Let me tell you the secret that has led me to my goal. My strength lies solely in my tenacity. - Louis Pasteur
ellgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 06:42 AM   #304
Blabbermouth!!!

Coming here when I'm struggling has honestly been the one thing that's kept my head above water. I have huge support at home, but there is something about the togetherness of us girls all doing the same thing, and "getting it" that is what really helps a lot. If anything now, when I struggle is when I post the most!

I love that you feel at ease with your plan. This is how it should be! Good for you!
Old 01-07-2014, 07:32 AM   #305
Blabbermouth!!!

Yay girls!! Love the positivity here today.

Laura - So glad you are happy to be doing the DD today. And then no more for a few days!! That's so great!!!! I'm so glad you are back. You still have lots of time before the wedding too.
Old 01-07-2014, 09:46 AM   #306
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/229.8/125
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Laura, AWESOME! I'm so glad you like 5:2! Gives me some food for thought. I haven't reported back to JUDDD since the holidays...just doing LC.

Ditto what Danielle said. We all know and understand what you're (we're) each going through. It's so much easier to discuss and get motivation with like minds. Having the wedding to focus is on great, my daughter's wedding kept me on the straight and narrow and helped me lose 40lbs (along with JUDDD).

Off to work and a haircolor appt after. Yay!!
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 10:42 AM   #307
Senior LCF Member

Oh girls, you are all so right. Talking with like minded girlies helps. My husband is supportive of anything I want to do but just doesn't get it like y'all do. He cuts portions and loses 20 pounds. Lord.

And that wedding - yes, it is coming no matter what I weigh but it sure the heck better be less than today! I'm trying to not be unrealistic given my peri-menopausal state so aiming for a pound a week is something I'm trying to wrap my head around. I will welcome more with open arms but don't want to set myself up for getting cuh-razy.

I went again last night looking for SF Italian Creme creamer. Must be everyone's damn favorite because I can't find it!
Old 01-07-2014, 12:26 PM   #308
Blabbermouth!!!

I hate when I go for something specific and can't find it. Pre-Christmas I was on the hunt for those little square shaped Snyder's pretzels. Normally they are everywhere. But that day, I checked 4 stores and they were all sold out. I finally just bought the normal twist style but I really wanted the squares for some baking I was doing.

1 pound per week is very reasonable. You may lose more and that will be bonus weight! Even if you lose 1 pound per week, that's what? 30 or so pounds? That will make a big difference in how you see yourself and how you feel.
Old 01-08-2014, 04:06 PM   #309
Senior LCF Member

I have been looking for these Jalapeno Pretzels a friend had at work before the holidays. Cannot find them anywhere! LOL!

Yes, a pound a week would put me at 25 pounds lost and anything else is just gravy. Mmmmmm gravy! HAHAHA!
Old 01-09-2014, 06:44 AM   #310
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stopping by to return the love! Hope you're having a great day! Mmmm....pretzels.....
Old 01-09-2014, 12:20 PM   #311
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh yum!! I almost said that you can't have them and then remembered that you are on 5:2. Darn you!! ha
Old 01-13-2014, 07:28 PM   #312
Senior LCF Member

Whirlwind weekend. DH loaded up the UHaul and headed to Houston with his dad in tow. Got the old guy situated in his new apartment and he got settled at my mom's. It's me and the little dog again.

Finished a week of 5:2 and lost 1.6. Really happy about that since from my birthday up to Sunday I counted nary a calorie. I got in my two fast days for the week though. So I'm gonna rinse and repeat.

Praying we get an offer on the house soon. All this separation is making me cuckoo.
Old 01-14-2014, 05:42 AM   #313
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Me too!!

Congrats on the loss, you earned it! Good that you have a little dog, then you don't feel like you're talking to yourself!

I'm still doing LC w/VLC/ and moderate carb. Mainly to feel better, lose some water weight and belly bloat. My gosh there are so many foods I can't eat anymore, they just kill my stomach.

So DH is staying with your Mom? Does that mean you'll be closer to her when you move? that's a PLUS!

Have a great day!
Old 01-14-2014, 05:52 AM   #314
Blabbermouth!!!

DH and I did 8 weeks separated when we relocated back to AZ from CA...that was crazy-making! I pray you get an offer and you all can resume your togetherness!

on your loss! That's fantastic!! All that matters is that you like what you're doing and it helps to instill calm into your life.
Old 01-19-2014, 10:08 AM   #315
Senior LCF Member

Blonde - yes DH is staying with mom right now and once we sell I will be taking up residence there too. We want to pay off all our bills, get our bearings and decide where we want to buy, because I am NEVER moving again. Gee I think I said that when we built this house. It is going to be interesting. My mom, while I love her, can be difficult to deal with and we bump heads more than we hug. I'm hoping that changes. We had intended to relocate to Houston all along but a few years down the road. My mom is there alone and being the responsible oldest child, I knew it would be my job to look after her.

And yeah, this dog - glad for the company but he woke me up at a really early hour this morning to go out. And yesterday rolled around in the dead grass so much he looked like a straw dog. Could have killed him! So he got a bath which he hates.

So finished up week two of 5:2 and had a great loss this week of 2.8. I tracked everything this week which probably helped. My daughter got herself a fitbit and we have been battling each other trying to get the most steps in per day. She is very competitive so she has been walking every day! She is very sensitive when we discuss her weight which I totally get so anything she does on her own I am behind 100%. And it has helped me get out and try to be more active.

Yesterday we had a showing so I cleaned up, grabbed the dog and headed to the park. We walked around for awhile and got back at one. The showing was from 12-1. But there comes a knock at the door and they were just arriving! I had to grab dog and scoot but I couldn't find my keys! And it was really disconcerting watching someone look in my pantry and walk around my house while I was there! Finally found the keys and left.

Fasting day today which shouldn't be too hard. Have lots of veggies planned.