Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2013, 06:38 AM   #271
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/current ?/125
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/14
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Hey Laura, stopping by to bother you again....just some thoughts.

While WW isn't fast fast fast (hardly) I am learning a few things about myself and food. Like how if I eat better, I feel better. How I can have anything just not all at once. Like how the scale is gonna bounce up and down like a ball..but as long as the trend is downward it's okay. Everyday is a new day. Heck, every meal is a new day. It's not like low carb...you know when you mess up and you throw everything out of whack? For days?? This is much more forgiving. No metabolic craziness to overcome. Can I eat anything? No not really. There are some foods that trigger cravings and seem to turn off my 'good intentions" so I try to avoid those, But most anything is okay to have in moderation. Heavy lunch? Go lighter at dinner. Out of points? Fill up on veggies, though I try not to get to that. Do I go over? All the time but not as often as I used to (like everyday without a plan). Me and WW are not exactly friends but we are getting along okay.

What's up Buttercup? Talk to me.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-required.html
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-22-2013, 06:29 AM   #272
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

It's Friday again! I'm checking on you! I had a good week except for being sick as a dog! How are you?
Old 02-25-2013, 06:52 AM   #273
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey, how ya doin'? I'm going back to work today after being out all last week.
Old 02-25-2013, 08:21 AM   #274
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Hoping you're gonna come back and play with us!
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 02:54 PM   #275
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Come out come out wherever you are....Robert D'Nero, that crazy movie with Nick Nolte as a southern lawyer, Dinero as the crazy southerner....? Title ecapes me, mento-pausal moment...
Old 03-28-2013, 03:23 PM   #276
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose View Post
Come out come out wherever you are....Robert D'Nero, that crazy movie with Nick Nolte as a southern lawyer, Dinero as the crazy southerner....? Title ecapes me, mento-pausal moment...
Would that be Cape Fear??? Only one I know of where the 2 star together..

Laura, where'd ya run off to? Well, I'm hoping that it's at least because you're having sooo much fun you haven't had time to check in.
Old 07-07-2013, 12:19 PM   #277
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ellgee
Lordy me, I have gone and left my journal untouched for a LONG time.

I've been trying to figure things out and in the process gained lots of weight. I don't have any answers but I do know that I cannot buy any larger clothes. I have so many different sizes in my closet right now and it's insane.

My plan for today and tomorrow, and yes, two days at a time is my max at the moment, is to JUDDD. I know that at least being more mindful about all this will help. I have less than a year til my daughter's wedding and I refuse to be the biggest one in all the pictures. I don't have to be reed thin, either. Chubby, chunky, pleasingly plump. Those work for me.

Small goals each month are the plan as well. FIVE POUNDS. That's what I want. I know some months that is going to be an easy target and others it may as well be 15 pounds but I think it is doable.

Weigh in today - 276.8. Shiver.

Let me tell you the secret that has led me to my goal. My strength lies solely in my tenacity. - Louis Pasteur
ellgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 12:28 PM   #278
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hello Beautiful!

Today is a stellar day, you are on a mission, and you have many friends here who are so excited to help you if we can. The first best step was coming back to your journal and letting us in, letting us help. We are all in it together, for the long haul.

I for one am so happy you are back! Well done!
Old 07-07-2013, 12:37 PM   #279
Blabbermouth!!!

Glad to see the journal up and going again!

I relate to what you're saying. More than you know! I can't think more than 2 days at a time and lately, it's literally been 1 meal at a time. I just can't figure out why this is so hard for some of us and not for others.. so annoying. But alas, it is what it is and it's up to us to just keep going until something clicks. Glad to have friends along for the journey.

Great avi BTW!
Old 07-07-2013, 12:41 PM   #280
Senior LCF Member

Hi my friends! You know, you guys are the best and I'm so sorry to have run away and left you.

Dani, I don't know why it is so hard. I mean, seriously, I am going to be 50 in January. Am I really going to have to fight this until I croak?

Oh and that avi? I decided that it was time to quit having a blurry, photo booth pic and give the world my face! And that one is actually 5 months old! I don't take pics very often.
Old 07-07-2013, 12:48 PM   #281
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Did you girls notice what beautiful smiles we all have? Just sayin'.
Old 07-07-2013, 01:03 PM   #282
Senior LCF Member

Hot foxes, I'd say. But do people still say foxy? My age as well as my gray roots are showing - LOL!

Ok, in trying to seek out new ways to deal with stress other than eating, I decided to actually put out there those stressful things to see if maybe they will not seem so bad in printed form.

Okay. Here goes:

1. DH STILL working out of town. Going on two years now. Has asked for transfer back but jobs have come and gone and nothing. His sales numbers are great in that area and we are coming to the realization that they like him where he is and aren't going to help him come back. Perfect. There are some positions coming open and there is a shot at him getting one but we aren't holding our breath.

2. Which leads to Thing 2. In a fit of anger at his job, my husband made contact with a district manager in San Antonio where DD is currently living. Nothing is open yet but they know he is interested and something may come up on the next few months which means selling home, moving, new home, quitting my job and finding another one. STRESS CITY. I love my house and the thought of leaving petrifies me. I want to be close to my DD for when the grandkids come but they are young and I'm not entirely sure they will settle there! Plus I'm no spring chicken. I know finding a new job is not going to be easy.

3. DD getting married in a year. Enough said. Money, money, money.

4. DS took a semester off from college and has been home working and while he knows he needs to continue in college, he's not sure of his next step. He thought he had it all figured out but is having doubts. Plus, although he is my loner child, I think the thought of going to school up in north Texas while there is a possibility of us moving to south Texas worries him though he'd never admit it.

5. I hate my job a lot lately. Too much stress. I go in every day and just want to beat the crap out of everybody. Not healthy at all. LOL.

6. My weight. I've ballooned up and nothing fits and my scrubs are so damn tight. It is so crazy that my scrubs being tight sends me to the refrigerator. Good grief.

Okay there it is and there's probably more but those are the main ones. I feel so unsettled not knowing where we are going to end up. My preference is to stay in our current city at least until DS finishes college and then we can move to be closer to DD. I'm just kind of a planning girl and nothing can be planned right now. DH will take the first offer he gets so it is a coin flip right now where we will go. Sigh.

What a depressing post. And I'm totally in the throws of peri-menopause. GAH!

Last edited by ellgee; 07-07-2013 at 01:05 PM..
Old 07-07-2013, 01:05 PM   #283
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellgee View Post
Hi my friends! You know, you guys are the best and I'm so sorry to have run away and left you.

Dani, I don't know why it is so hard. I mean, seriously, I am going to be 50 in January. Am I really going to have to fight this until I croak?

Oh and that avi? I decided that it was time to quit having a blurry, photo booth pic and give the world my face! And that one is actually 5 months old! I don't take pics very often.
Can't tell ya how many times this has come up in conversation with DH^^^^ Geez, I really really hope not. On the other hand, it's not like I can expect to be "healed" once I hit goal, so of course I'd have to work it til I keeled over, no?

Glad to finally "see you"... My avi is old too and I HATE taking pictures.
Old 07-07-2013, 01:50 PM   #284
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Wow you have a lot on your plate. I too am a planner, and on top of that I HATE change. Getting these things out in the open is really good. So where do you start? I think the first thing you can say to yourself is, I don't like it one bit, and I'm not crossing that bridge until I get there. Because you can't. Everything that is up in the air is going to stay up until it's not.

So what do you have control over?

Peri-menopause sucks. Read up on anything you can do to make it better for you.

What is it about your job that you hate right now? Do you have any power in making it better for you? If you do, I'd say use it.

Guess the only thing you have complete control over is......you. Ta da! Do what you can to be healthy, happy, and fit~ mentally and physically. You are on the right track, Laura. You are back, asking the questions, looking for the positive. You want to make a change, that's why you're here. That's why we're all here, I think.
Old 07-07-2013, 07:27 PM   #285
Senior LCF Member

Blonde, you are right. I have to let go of those things I can't control. But it's sooooo hard!

At work, it's just a matter of people being lazy and not caring about our clinic. I have high expectations for our employees but our hands are tied because the doctors don't want to shake anything up by firing employees. Again just something I have to accept but it makes my job much more difficult.

I need change for sure but the good planned kind. Lol! Sometimes moving and starting over feels welcome and exciting.
Old 07-08-2013, 08:56 AM   #286
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm very glad you ordered the book. It's a step forward. Give it real chance, follow the directions and listen listen listen to the CD. Go to your car at lunch and put it in and relax to it. Make sure you give it two solid weeks of listening everyday (or night). This is a good change!!

Regarding work, do you ever have employee meetings? It would be a good way to bring up ways to improve service and get feedback from the other employees. I'm sure you're not the only one who sees what's going on. Perhaps you and other 'better' employees can let the 'slackers' know that no one is going to pick up their slack anymore...
Old 07-09-2013, 03:43 PM   #287
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey Lady Texas~

How's your day going? Are you excited to get your book? I'm having a little fun with my experiment and at least for this moment I feel strangely free from angst and cravings. It feels nice NOT to fuss over my food choices for the day, or week, or month...I know how to make good choices. McKenna says it's dumb to eat stuff that you don't like. He's right.

Check in when you can, I hope things are going to get better at work really soon.
Old 07-10-2013, 05:32 AM   #288
Senior LCF Member

I got my book last night and started reading. Funny thing? I don't have a CD player that I can put in my bedroom! We have a tuner thingy that is hooked to the TV and can play DVDs. Maybe it can play CDs too. But then I will have to get up and turn it off after being nice and relaxed.

Yes, there is such a peace about not having to think about what you are going to eat! And I said a long time ago that I was going to quit eating foods I didn't like. Life is too short, sister.

Yeah, work. Unfortunately this is an up hill battle without signs of relief. We have tried repeatedly to change the atmosphere - to make these girls CARE about what they do but I guess it is a baby we created. They expect a lot and give back little. We actually had one girl during evaluations say, "Well, I know we aren't the best workers but we deserve a raise." Uh, what? Then yesterday the girl who does the bone density tests went off to our other office without checking the schedule. THREE patients were due to come in. I did the these tests for two years and finally told the docs to train someone else because it took away from my own pile of work. This was the third time this girl has failed to check her schedule when she will be away and I usually jump in and take care of it. I refused yesterday because I am up to my eyeballs in end of month reports. When I got onto her about it she told me it had only happened twice and wanted to know the dates it had happened. She missed my point that it shouldn't have EVER happened.

Those are the things we deal with and the doctors are so reluctant to fire anybody! I have to learn to let it slide off my back and not take it so personally. Working on that. Heading into battle now. Smile pasted on!
Old 07-10-2013, 06:41 AM   #289
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yay! I'd say you took action by NOT jumping in and doing someone else's work. Perhaps when patients don't come back, the Docs will think about getting 'professionals' to do the job right. Good work! The comment made at the review is priceless. Really? Your not a good worker but you deserve a raise? Why is that? Sheesh, work ethic ain't what it used to be.

You can pick up a portable CD player to keep with you OR if you have a Nook or Kindle or even an Ipad you can load the CD into your computer then transfer to your portable device. I think you can get a CD player for around $10 at Wally World or Target.

Have a great day, keep taking care of you and let the slackers pick up their own slack.
Old 07-13-2013, 09:40 AM   #290
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Breaker breaker 1-9 come on back, do you copy Texas Lady?

How's the book, what are you thinking?
Old 09-17-2013, 07:49 AM   #291
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Morning Laura! I'm so happy you stopped by my page, I've missed you! I hope to hear from you again soon. Stop by anytime. for any reason. day or night, I'll be around somewhere.
Old 09-17-2013, 10:18 AM   #292
Senior LCF Member

Oh thanks Blonde. I don't know why I go away. I really love you guys and y'all have been a constant for me for........I don't even know how long! Thanks for always being here.

I don't even know what I'm doing with my eating. I count calories one day, decide to JUDDD the next. Then for four days eat everything that isn't nailed down. I am putting alot of stress on myself over my daughter's wedding and I KNOW that deadlines don't work for me so I have to let that go and realize that any weight less than what I am today is a really good thing. I just can't seem to stick to anything to make that downward progress. Sigh.
Old 09-24-2013, 07:53 AM   #293
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey Miss Gee, how are you doing today?
Old 09-27-2013, 07:28 AM   #294
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Happy Friday Laura! How did your week go?

I'm so down for the weekend, I can hardly stand it!
Old 09-27-2013, 07:55 AM   #295
Blabbermouth!!!

TGIF! Laura, have a fabulous weekend!!
Old 01-05-2014, 09:55 AM   #296
Senior LCF Member

So here I am 5 days into the new year. Six months away from my daughter's wedding. ?? months away from selling the house and moving back to Houston.

For a girl who likes a plan and wants to know what's behind every corner, my life feels like I've thrown everything up in the air and am watching as some things fly away with the wind and others come down and bonk me on the head.

Previously on Laura's Crazy Life:

House is up for sale and I hate having to keep everything "show" ready. I am a neat person but a spoon in the sink or a towel on the bathroom counter doesn't bother me. But NOW everything has to be perfect and inviting. Ick. Have had more lookers than I thought over the holidays and realtor said an out of state couple may be making an offer soon. Excited but sad. Really love my house.

Daughter's wedding is coming at bullet speed and truly we are ahead of schedule on everything and paying off things each month. I just don't think you can go into a wedding and not be stressed. It's a huge undertaking. And along with that comes me not wanting to look like a whale in a tent in the wedding pictures. Sigh.

DS is back in school. All going well except he just doesn't know what he wants to major in. He's a few credits shy of being a junior so he doesn't have the luxury of time. I'm almost to the point of saying just major in anything. Get the darn degree and be done with it! He says he doesn't want to get stuck in a job he hates. I said, Dude - welcome to adulthood!

And lastly food/diet. Well I started WW at the beginning of October and did pretty well losing 12 pounds until the holidays hit. I really like the program but OMG if I had to count another point, I was going to murder someone. Calories are so much easier than working a formula. And I still have JUDDD close to my heart even though I can't seem to do it anymore. So I took a break over the holidays and gained LUCKY 7 pounds back. Bummer.

I'm going to make an attempt at 5:2. Every other day at 500 calories leaves me feeling freaked out so maybe just trying two days will work better for me. Today is my first fast day.

Climbing back into the rollercoaster car and seeing what happens before I go flying off the track! LOL!
Old 01-05-2014, 12:48 PM   #297
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh Honey! We are kindred spirits. I can't abide the 'up in the air, I don't know what's coming at me" stuff. It makes me nuts, so I relate completely. Good for you for doing WW and having some success! Good for you for trying 5:2. In fact GREAT, you are not giving up and that's the best of all. We have to move forward and keep working at it, we know what happens when we give up (all too well). I'm so glad you posted again, I think it will help you to check in and talk about your issues or successes. We are all struggling and working together here to be better, to be at peace with ourselves.

So tell me, on 5:2, is it two DD's in a row and then 5 regular days? I've not done it.

Welcome back, stay awhile...let us help if we can.
Old 01-05-2014, 02:07 PM   #298
Blabbermouth!!!

I am so glad to see you today!

I relate all too well to what you struggle with...boy, lemme tell ya!
I pray the house thing goes quickly and smoothly...I do not envy you there, that "clean house 24/7" thing is stressful!

I'm happy to hear you talking about a plan of action... there are so many people here who have had huge success with 5:2. I cannot wait to hear how well you do with it!

Do NOT disappear! Please! Like Blonde said, we're all here trying to keep moving forward.. the more the merrier IMO.

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
Old 01-06-2014, 10:35 AM   #299
Senior LCF Member

Thanks for coming by my friends!

Yes, Blonde, I am not giving up because been there done that, very recently in fact. Weight is up so high and I just can't figure out why I do this to myself.

On 5:2 you can pick which days you fast and the other days you eat at TDEE which is pretty much in line with Dr. Johnson's calculator. I think only worrying about two days right now keeps the "deer in headlights" feeling from hitting me. We shall see!

Oh Dani, so glad to see you too. It is heartening of those who have had success with 5:2. I am really hoping this is something I can finally settle in to.

I will try very hard to NOT disappear! When things go to caca, that's my MO. But I am always glad to have you girls here.

Fast day went pretty well yesterday. If I can make it til about 2 or so with just coffee, I have made it. I looked at Walmart yesterday for the Italian Creme SF Creamer and it was sold out! GAH! Need to go back in a few days because I cannot do coffee without creamer. No way, no how.

And today is a regular TDEE day.
Old 01-06-2014, 01:13 PM   #300
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good for you!! I'm glad you had a good fasting day, that can really ramp up the self esteem! Hang in, and check in, we're here to help and listen. OMG I gave up Italian Sweet cream for one week and then went and bought some. I love it and I'm drinking it!

Do you have birthday plans?

Dangit, I don't know why we get a monkey wrench in our plans sometimes...I often feel that I could use the help of a mental health professional The main thing is you're back, we're all here, lifting each other up.