Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Weight Loss Journals (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/weight-loss-journals/)
-   -   Leeloo's Fhloston Paradise (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/weight-loss-journals/764068-leeloos-fhloston-paradise.html)

leeloo 03-22-2012 08:55 AM

Leeloo's Fhloston Paradise

Day 7 of strict, by the book, DANDR Induction. Down 6 pounds.

Today I will re-order the book, so I'm ready to start up the carb ladder next week. I never really followed the steps before. I just did Induction and then moved on to eating OWL foods, but I didn't add carbs or foods in a structured way. Which worked the first time, but never since!

I'm still not getting any exercise, which needs to change.

But probably not today! :laugh:

I'm off work today, and I will be organizing and cleaning my little heart out.

leeloo 03-24-2012 09:50 AM

What a great day yesterday! The weather was so beautiful. I picked the right day to take off work.

I didn't get much cleaning or organizing done, but I walked around Greenlake, did some Kmart shopping, and ate at Jimmy John's. A fabulous day.

Today I'm even a little stiff from my walk - crazy. I am really out of shape :laugh:.

daisyHair 03-24-2012 12:02 PM

Hi hon..
cool to see you've started a journal here. Glad you ordered the book.. I've read mine 3 times and I always love re-reading it. It gets me stoked.

Good luck with the ladder! I do good for a while climbing the ladder but I always end up back on induction.. I just lose so slow otherwise!

I walked 4 1/2 hours yesterday and today can hardly move! (I was at the beach so it was a "for fun" walk.. not really exercise for exercise's sake).. I am in some serious pain today!

Have a great day!
What's for dinner?

leeloo 03-24-2012 10:25 PM

Hi Daisy! Thanks for stopping by my journal!

4.5 hours walking the beach! Whew! I'd be sore, too.

Today I walked 66 minutes around the neighborhood, and put together an Ikea shoe storage thingie - so I got my exercise :) And a little sunburn.

My dinner was a pork chop and some bacon-sauteed cabbage - yum.

I hope you had a great day! :high5:

daisyHair 03-25-2012 04:01 AM

Bacon sauteed Cabbage sounds great... I always forget about cabbage. I used to love tomato and cabbage sauteed in Coconut oil...

I made little beef fillets last night and a really nice salad. I have been craving salad the last couple of days... I think I do that when I am slightly dehydrated. My body wants juicy foods!

Happy Sunday! Have a great low carb day.

leeloo 03-25-2012 09:08 AM

Down a little more in weight today - 213.4 Yay me!

From all the walking in the last few days, my big toe joints that are killing me. I have arthritis in those joints, and all this walking is making the arthritis act up. I should've taken ibuprofen last night, but I was too tired to get up out of bed and get it! So this morning I took some, and then I iced the joints --- yowch!!!! For something that does so much good, it sure does hurt at first!

Today I am determined to get my place back in order (I've been rearranging and reorganizing) so that I have it nice for the week.

I also need to get some groceries, and then dinner out with my brother and sister-in-law. The place I picked has a Cobb salad on the menu, so yee-haw, I'll be able to stick to my strict induction with no problems. :up:

leeloo 03-25-2012 07:26 PM

What a great day. My place is 95% done, and what isn't done is pretty well hidden :laugh:.

Had a great dinner with my bro & sis in law, Cobb Salad FTW!!!! :D

I did have a cocktail, also, but it wasn't a sweet one and I totally deserve it, anyways :o.

daisyHair 03-26-2012 09:29 AM

So what kind of cocktail?
I love club soda with absolute citron or club soda with mint leaves and rum and fresh lime.. you can order that any place that makes a mojito. They are very popular here in Orlando.. I order the soda, mint and lime and squeeze the lime juice in and add a sprinkle of whatever artificial sweetner they have in the little packets and it's a great drink.

Sounds like you are rockin' it out!

leeloo 03-26-2012 10:47 AM

The place we were at does different specials, and this one had tequila, grapefruit juice, a little soda, and who knows what all. It was delicious and tart. I'm sure it had some carbs, but not a ton. And I only had about 4 carbs for the day, anyway, so a Cobb salad and one cocktail weren't going to kill me :D

I'm up a pound today, but that's normal for me.

Back at work, and today's going to be a killer!

daisyHair 03-26-2012 11:11 AM

Ya.. the pound up is only your body retaining water from the cocktail more than likely.. I usually gain 2 or so.. it always comes off right away though.
I love "salty dogs".. vodka and grapefruit juice and seltzer water.. with salt on the rim..
I think it's only like 2 C for that drink... I drank them allot last Summer.

Don't work too hard!

leeloo 03-27-2012 09:26 AM

I'm kinda bummed to still be up a pound. This is what has happened so many times in recent years - I start up low carb, lose like 4-6 pounds, and that's it. I think I'm going keep weighing until Thursday, the end of my second week of Induction, then stay off the scale for awhile. If it bums me out, I just need to stay away from it, 'cause I'm not quittin'!!:mad:

I got my new copy of DANDR yesterday, and have started re-reading it. It has lots to say about keeping the scale moving if you have a resistant metabolism, so I'm sure I'll figure something out.

leeloo 03-28-2012 09:35 AM

Still up a pound! Oh well, I'm officially letting it go. *buh-bye* :laugh:

Last night, I went Goodwill shopping (not for clothes), and got a nice matted picture frame that I will use to frame a poster I'm going to order for my living room. It is going to look SWEET. I've got some other art to hang, and a couple of other things to do, and my living room is going to finally look as nice as I want it to. Next will be the bedroom!

I was re-reading DANDR last night, and Dr. A makes it clear that I'm going to have to get off my behind and exercise. I've been wearing my pedometer lately, and my steps per day are in the pathetic 2300 range, which is nowhere near the 10,000 that is recommended.

I want to work out first thing in the morning, but I dread getting up earlier. This is a dumb obstacle and I need to get over it.

I just now realized that one of the reasons I don't like walking in the afternoon/evenings is that I don't want to run into friends and acquaintances around the neighborhood. I don't like how I look, so I don't want to be seen, especially on and around the "main drag". Whoa. I honestly hadn't thought of this before. Hmmm.

jemmi 03-29-2012 10:26 AM

When you both did walking, were you wearing shoes, or were you barefoot?

leeloo 03-29-2012 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jemmi (Post 15537993)
When you both did walking, were you wearing shoes, or were you barefoot?

Say what?

leeloo 03-29-2012 08:05 PM

So, today is the end of the first two weeks of Induction, and I'm down 0 pounds for the week, or up a pound, or down .8 pounds, depending on how I count it. I posted about the no-or-low loss on the main board, and people were super nice and advised me not to start tweaking my plan just yet, so I think I'm going to take that advice and just keep on the way I'm going for another two weeks.

Except! I will add exercise. I picked up my heart rate monitor yesterday, and today I took a 40-minute, 2-mile walk at my target heart rate. :clap: yay me. And the weather was PUTRID, to say the least. Most of the walk was seen in that Renoir-like state brought on by not wearing my glasses, as they were too wet to see through :laugh:. But I can still read my HRM without glasses, so it worked out fine.

Bonus: walking at my target heart rate, and not faster, gives my face a pink glow, but it doesn't turn beet red and stay that way for hours. :up:

leeloo 04-01-2012 09:43 AM

The scale is moving downward again, thank goodness. I took another look at my calorie averages, and they were a bit higher last week - maybe that was it? Or maybe I just dwell on the numbers too much :D.

Anyway, the sun is shining, I better get my behind out the door for a walk. This time I will remember sun screen!

leeloo 04-02-2012 12:44 PM

Aaaah, it's a great day in Fhloston Paradise! :laugh:

Scale's moving, I'm sticking to my exercise commitment, and getting stuff done around my house.

I went over 20 grams carbs on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, a little more each day. I might need to get a grip. I did eat a couple of bites of rice and pita bread on Saturday (naughty me). The Sunday extra carbs were from using a curry sauce that had 8 net carbs in it.

Since I'm still losing, maybe it's time that I move up to OWL, and change my daily carb limit to 25. According to the calorie ladder, the first rung is just more induction vegetables, so I could have salad and veg at dinner, instead of just veg. Or I could eat a bigger salad at lunch. Hmm, choices.

leeloo 04-07-2012 09:29 AM

Well, poo! I know I typed a post on here yesterday, but I must have "previewed" it, and never "posted" it. Oh well. It was probably boring, anyway :laugh:.

Holy Week is in full swing, and I have been loving the services. Aligheri's Misereri last night - such a favorite. I still can't believe that I get to hear it (for free) in the way that it was intended to be heard - as part of a church service.

I did go out for drinks after service last night - 2 manhattans. I was definitely lit! At some of my friend's cheese platter, then came home and made a couple of scrambled eggs. I don't feel hungover, but my sleep was a little messed up. That's what I get for drinkin'.

This morning is the 3rd morning in a row showing a 3-pound loss, so I'm calling it. I must be keto-adapting. (I'll know more about this as I get further in the Volek & Phinney book.)

It's a beautiful sunny day out there, so I better go take my walk for the day. It'll be my 3rd walk this week, so I'm totally sticking to my commitment, baby :sing:.

leeloo 04-11-2012 08:41 PM

Well, ho hum. The diet is fine, no big news. I forgot to weigh this morning, so I don't know if the TOM water retention is still here, but yesterday I was up a couple of pounds. Blah, blah :laugh:

I am behind on my exercise - 0 times so far this week, so I'll have to walk Th, Fr, and Sat in order to meet my 3-time commitment for the week.

I don't know if I'm going to keep writing in here - I don't think anyone else reads it, and I'm bored with myself........

RedZaftig 04-14-2012 03:42 PM

Don't leave~!

Hey LL,

The name of your journal caught my eye. The Fifth Element is one of my favorite all time movies!!

I wanted to encourage you to stay and continue to journal. I have been lurking around to see if there were any cool people to chat with...

Soooo, if you're gonna stick around, I will come and visit with ya. Who knows, I may even start my own journal ;)

All the best :)

leeloo 04-14-2012 09:52 PM

Aww, RedZ, thanks for de-lurking and posting in my journal! I'm honored.

I really like the Fifth Element, too. It's one of those movies that I will watch pretty much every time it comes on TV. I love Milla Jovovich, and Leeloo is such a great character :D.

I walked around a lake with a friend (a small lake) so that's my exercise for today, and we had Greek for dinner after, and I stuck to plan like a boss, so yay me. I had a gyro salad. Also, two glasses of wine! So it was a bit of a celebration. My friend told me today that she is moving to Denver. So I am bummed that I will miss her, but I'm happy for her getting an awesome new job, which is why she's moving.

I haven't lost enough weight yet for anyone to tell that I'm losing. This same friend, I can tell, pities me a little bit because we both just finished our grad program, and her life is changing a lot, and my life doesn't look like it's changed at all. But really, stuff is happening for me, it just doesn't show yet.

I'm on plan, taking good care of my body and mind, and I'm fixing up my apartment, and I just started taking some classes that are fun but kinda secret because I don't want to tell people yet. When I'm doing something new, I don't like to talk about it too much, because it feels like that sucks all the energy out of it. The talking becomes a substitute for the doing. Soooo, everyone will just have to wait and see what's up with me.

Not that people are thinking about me that much or anything, but still. :laugh:

Tomorrow I am going to church, which is another thing I've been neglecting. I really do love the music and the ritual so much. And even if I have mixed feelings about some of the other aspects, going really does do me good, both spiritually and socially.:heart:

RedZaftig 04-15-2012 11:47 AM

Good morning! How was church?

Way to go on getting that walk done! Greek food with a couple glasses of great wine is a sweet reward. I LOVE me some Greek food *slurp* Last time I had it (pre-low carb start), I ordered the lamb souvlaki, complete with all the carby fixins'. I will have to rethink my strategy next time I visit that restaurant :confused: The gyro salad does sound good tho'....

Hope you have a fab day! Off to get MOAR MEAT, RAWR! :lol:

leeloo 04-16-2012 08:38 AM

Church was great! They did baby baptisms, which are super cute. And the homily was really excellent. I'm glad I was there to hear it. There's some political baloney going on in my state, that our bishop is on the wrong side of, but my church and my priest are standing up to the bishop on the right side. So awesome.

Later on Sunday, I went and tried my brother's homemade beer, which was delicious, and hung out and met his neighbors. It was really a nice afternoon. But later, the beer gave me SUCH a splitting headache. It was probably all the sugar along with the alcohol - the beer tasted pretty sweet.

This weekend is definitely an example of how I plan to fit low-carbing into my life overall. Since this is a lifetime way of eating, I'm not going to pass up on enjoying socializing with family and friends, even if partaking slows down my weight loss a bit. Food-wise, I made great choices, and drinks-wise, I kept it down to two, so I'm gonna call that success.

My weight is up 1-2 pounds, but I'll drink a lot today and hopefully it will come right back off.

RedZ - what meat did you buy? Did you do any cooking to prep for the week?

leeloo 04-16-2012 09:14 AM

p.s. I just remembered something I want to record in my journal. After drinking the beer, I went home and had some pot roast, but I was craving sweets SO bad. I kept thinking about going out and getting some candy and/or ice cream. Instead, I ate half a bag of pork rinds, and some SF jello with cream. It wasn't that satisfying, but at least I didn't binge on sugar!

RedZaftig 04-16-2012 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leeloo (Post 15584281)
RedZ - what meat did you buy? Did you do any cooking to prep for the week?

Hiyas! Hope you had a good morning. I am settling in for some lunch in a bit. Let's see, I bought half a dozen plain chicken breasts, half a dozen marinated lemon&herb chicken breasts, 2 steaks and a package of bacon. Hope it will last the week. I am voracious when it comes to chicken. I usually have 2 breasts at a meal :yummy:

I also picked up some ice berg salad bags, two heads of romaine, some nuts and two bags of frozen berries and some cool whip. All set! I am going to pre-bake some chicken boobs this afternoon!

Good job on avoid the sweet tooth temptations! This week, I will eat my berries and cool whip for sweets. Next week, I am going to buy all the ingredients for coconut almond bark and make a batch. Have you ever tried it? The gals on this site seem to rave about it. It look delish!

daisyHair 04-16-2012 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leeloo (Post 15584469)
p.s. I just remembered something I want to record in my journal. After drinking the beer, I went home and had some pot roast, but I was craving sweets SO bad. I kept thinking about going out and getting some candy and/or ice cream. Instead, I ate half a bag of pork rinds, and some SF jello with cream. It wasn't that satisfying, but at least I didn't binge on sugar!

You saved it.. that's excellent girl! It's times like these that build so much character when it comes to continuing success!

Quote:

Originally Posted by leeloo (Post 15581045)
I'm on plan, taking good care of my body and mind, and I'm fixing up my apartment, and I just started taking some classes that are fun but kinda secret because I don't want to tell people yet. When I'm doing something new, I don't like to talk about it too much, because it feels like that sucks all the energy out of it. The talking becomes a substitute for the doing. Soooo, everyone will just have to wait and see what's up with me.

Not that people are thinking about me that much or anything, but still. :laugh:

Tomorrow I am going to church, which is another thing I've been neglecting. I really do love the music and the ritual so much. And even if I have mixed feelings about some of the other aspects, going really does do me good, both spiritually and socially.:heart:

You sound SO much like me! I am really tuned into working on my body, my mind and our home. For the first time ever I actually have the time and energy and desire to make serious changes, It is like the more I work on my body the more I want to organize the chaos that is our home! It's crazy! It's getting better every day though. Whatever you want in life, the more you work on it, the more you focus on it the more it will come to fruition. I can't wait to hear what your secret classes are if you ever share!

Have a great week hon!

leeloo 04-17-2012 07:11 PM

So, umm, I just ate about half a stick of butter :o.

I've been doing some reading about nutrient proportions, and I think I'm going to try to reduce my protein a little and up my fat. So, how does eating half a stick of butter come into it? Well, I ate plenty at all my meals today, but I was still hungry. And I think the pork rinds I've been snacking might be making me retain water from the sodium. So what other fatty snack food did I have on hand? Butter! :lol: It was good, and I do feel satisfied. So there it is. I hope I drop the pound that creeped back up over the last few days.

RedZ - it sounds like you stocked up for the week! I haven't tried the bark recipes - I know I'd have a hard time controlling those kinds of sweets. (I bet it's good, though! :laugh:) I'm sticking to the occasional sugar-free jello for a sweet treat, at least for now.

Daisy! Good to see you. I'm glad you're feeling better after your fainting episode. It's great having the energy for fixing up our bodies and lives, isn't it? :) What are you doing to fix up your home? I've got some art to hang....

leeloo 04-18-2012 10:32 AM

Well, my weight is down today :jumpjoy:.

But I'm not thrilled with my scale. It seems to be giving me a different reading by a pound or more every time I step on it. I'm tempted to buy a balance beam scale, but the cheapest one from that giant online retailer is $150, and it's fairly enormous. And I have better things to spend $150 on. I just have to keep telling myself that it's the weight loss trend that's important, not the daily fluctuations.

leeloo 01-12-2013 04:24 PM

Well, helloooo! I'm back! Did anyone miss me? :lol: I crack myself up.

So, I haven't posted on in here since *scrolls down* April, but I was still posting on the board in August. Back then, I was down 20 pounds to be right at 199-200. Then I fell of the wagon and long story short I'm back up 10 pounds. At least I didn't re-gain it all, right? :)

I'm on day 6 of getting a grip. I don't think I'm losing yet because TOM is here, but my eating has been pretty good. Calories are averaging 1635, net carbs are maybe too high at 41. I'm not doing a real Atkins induction (at least not yet), just trying to get back in the swing of LC.

I took a long walk today, so that's good. And I dug out my pedometer. My goal this week is to record my steps and then average them out so that next week I can increase my steps by 20%. I'll keep increasing until I reach 10K per day and/or 70K per week. Then we'll see :)

leeloo 01-16-2013 09:30 AM

Huzzah! The scale finally moved down today. I started at 210, then TOM came and the scale immediately went up to 211-212, but today I'm at 208.8 :jumpjoy:

I'm killing it at the 10K steps a day. It's looking like taking the stairs at work, getting up and moving every hour, and one long walk per day will do the trick for weekdays.

Thank goodness it's been sunny. I feel like I want to walk when it's light out, which means, at this time of year, I walk at lunchtime. So last night I packed a lunch for the first time in YEARS. I'll leave the office at noon, stop home and grab my watch and earmuffs, walk for 40 minutes, come home and grab my packed lunch, and head back to the office.