LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2012, 10:03 AM   #1
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: marylouise
Stats: 300 / 154.8 / 150-5'3"- 61 YR.
WOE: 72` DADR with the List!
Start Date: March 1, 2011
My Journal

Hello everyone. I want to start this be saying everyone is to read and post in my Journal. By reading and posting, when allowed, it has helped me so much to stay on my weight loss WOE JOURNEY.

I started March ?, 2011. It has been one year now. I started at almost 300 pounds. Today I weigh 162 pounds! And I am scared too death, I am fixin to fail!

ONE MORE TIME THE LAST TIME!

At first I loved this WOE. I can put my feet on my recliner now. I can even put my arm's around my legs. When I take my shower I can reach my back and I can reach my whole body, now. I don't reach for the back brush anymore. It is fun to be able to wash and let the water run down my face. Before I lost THIS TIME the same hundred pounds I lost in 2003, I was scared I was going to die in my shower. My heart was bounding all the time then. When I did sit down it took about an hour to completely recover from the ordeal. One hundred pounds is a lot of truckloads.

Something else I have started to notice. Well I have been knowing this for a little while now. When I am standing my arms are hanging straight down touching my body. Before they kind of stood out a little, well maybe a lot.

My clothes are 3 sizes too big. I wear nothing that fits my body. I don't want different clothes. I like my clothes. I have all of my clothes. I mean all of them since I started keeping up with them in the 60's.

When I lay down I can put my arms across my body and I don't have to hold them. They rest on my sunken belly, with no effort at all. Oh and when I do that my ribs are sticking up. I can really feel them.

Something is wrong with my ribs on the right side. Been like they are since I fell off a wooden broke old dangerous swimming pool ladder. My head landed inches from a steel fence post. The fence post was naked. I would have died in a instant had I hit it. I hit the ground so hard that because I stuck my arm out to break my fall, I broke my wrist so bad, the bone jumped out. It took years to get over it. My ribs healed wrong. The last few ones need removing. Or repairing, I don't really know. It doesn't matter. I did this over 20 years ago.

I lost control of my computer for about 30 mins. I may lose it again. My GS has a game. A very powerful CPU draining game. I am saying this because the tone of my thoughts will probably change. I don't know where my thoughts will carry me.

I know one place they just dumped me in. I am so tired of thinking about food all the time. Food has worked it's deadly and life giving fingers tightly around me. I am more terrified than I have ever been in my life. I know how close I came to dying pre~ VLC last March, 2011.

I have another health worry. I have a situation that needs more than I have been able to give to it to fix it. I have a stopped up salivary gland on my left side. So many foods and drinks can trigger it. And boy it has gotten bad. Wrong taste and it is hard as a rock as fast as lightening. My biggest fear there is it may get so bad it interferes with my breathing.

No, I am not going to delete this. I almost did. I ant feeling sorry for myself. I am just sick of food. I weighted a few minutes ago. I weigh 162. Getting a little closer. Maybe not eating is the best way to lose most of the rest of the excess I have to get rid of. It seems better to do that at this stage of my diet plan. Hummm I wonder. I did see another LCF that did that. She found it hard to eat when life threw her a very hard fast ball. I read her journal a few days ago.

I know one thing for sure. I am sick of constantly thinking about food!

Drew Carey sure lost a lot of weight. The Price Is Right made a great choice when they chose him to replace Bob Barker when Barker retired. I miss Bob Barker. I miss my mama too. She loved that show. I wonder what Drew Carey is eating. I wonder if he thinks about food all the time. I bet he does not think about food all the time because he reinvented himself.

Wow that is a good idea. Reinvent ones self. Hummm I wonder how hard it is?

I have lost over one hundred pounds now. I feel good about that.

But where does one go from here.

I lost my weight on VVLC. Atkins way. Yes Atkins is a great way to loss weight. Trying to understand why I overeat and how to keep the pounds at bay is the hardest challenge life has in store for me.

Last edited by marylouise; 03-15-2012 at 10:10 AM..
marylouise is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-15-2012, 10:26 AM   #2
Blabbermouth!!!

I wrote most of that last night. I got so upset I had to stop. I went to bed in the daylight. I woke at around 9a. Didn't take my pills last night, but I did not die in my sleep. I take blood pressure meds.

Before I started on my road one final time,I was on insulin. I am a fat induced diabetic. I had to use it one time when I thought I could eat KFC. Boy was I wrong. I am so carb sensitive if I eat too many carbs my B/S sky rocked to never never land! I did it to myself!

I was on two different insulin's. I had to use Novolog and Lantus. I continued to get my insulin. I was too scared to not get it. I have a bag full of insulin. I did stop getting it after about 4 months.

I am so sick of thinking about food 24/7.

My popaw told us in the 60's were were eating too much food. Did I listen, NO I did not! Popaw I am sorry I did not mind you. My popaw died 197~something.
Old 03-15-2012, 12:26 PM   #3
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh my gosh!!!!!!!!

I am a Major now

I just noticed it!!

1,000 post. WOW

I have lost over 100 pounds as of today and I am a Major poster as of today!
Life just got sweeter to me!

Even [sugar free] life is sweeter!

I can do this. I can stay low carb! I can. I know I can!
Old 03-15-2012, 12:27 PM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!

well gee I was a major,,,,and I did show 1,000 post,,,
Old 03-15-2012, 08:02 PM   #5
Blabbermouth!!!

I am so mad at myself. I said I was not going to eat any more peanut butter. I didn't lie to myself. I have no control with P/B and sugar free bread and apricot jelly. It is a very bad thing that I did to myself. I have a half of a sandwich left. I will finish it and not buy anymore. I can control it not getting in my basket at the store.

P/J is what I turned to when I lost this 100 the first time! This is very dangerous.

To me I okay to eat what I ate or it wouldn't be in the bus. Oh we live temporary in our 1948 Grey Hound bus.

I can not control how much I eat at one sitting.

Last edited by marylouise; 03-15-2012 at 08:06 PM..
Old 03-16-2012, 08:22 AM   #6
Blabbermouth!!!

Ice cream is a pain. I love ice cream.

When I do get to goal I am going to start making my own. Peggy has some good recipes. I will post her link on here. She comes up with good creative ways to do low carb desserts and dinners! I met her on a different forum.

We had a bad lightning storm this morning. All's quite so I got back on line.

I started my morning off good. I only had 2 teas. of HWC in my morning coffee. I then cooked bacon, sausage and eggs. I cooked some of my pork jowl too. It is so good! I don't feel like I am on a diet when I eat pork jowl.

I am going to eat lunch too. I think eating 3 meals a day is very important on LC. Dr. Atkins would go home and eat his meals. He knew the more zero we eat the more we lose!

When I was eating 3 a day I lost most of my weight very fast!
I am making myself do that again. I know weight loss slows down and I am proof of that. I can't tolerate it this slow!

Hurry up and get it done!
Old 03-16-2012, 08:56 AM   #7
Blabbermouth!!!

I think I started my day off good! I am sitting here thinking about what I am gona eat for lunch.

I have so many choice's. My fridge is packed with everything but EGGS!!!!!!

I can not believe I am out EGGS!
Old 03-16-2012, 09:20 AM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oriana
Are you saying that you overeat on Atkins or overeat on carbs? Are you still diabetic on Atkins? Don't you forget about food after awhile. I am a binger and struggle too. I have been on fruit diets, the Carb Addicts Diet, you name it. Is this truly the way to go? Can you overeat on Atkins if you feel the need to binge? WIll I gain if I do? SO many questions.
oriana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 10:20 AM   #9
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oriana View Post
Are you saying that you overeat on Atkins or overeat on carbs? Are you still diabetic on Atkins? Don't you forget about food after awhile. I am a binger and struggle too. I have been on fruit diets, the Carb Addicts Diet, you name it. Is this truly the way to go? Can you overeat on Atkins if you feel the need to binge? WIll I gain if I do? SO many questions.
Hi Oriana, No I don't over eat on carbs. NO. I have no control eating peanut butter.

You asked me if you feel the need to binge on Atkins. No again I do not. Yea sometimes I get burned out. I think that is normal on any WOE.

IF I disappear it is because we r in the middle of a BAD lightning storm. I have already lost power once. But I will be back! If that happens...I am gona finish my post to you in another window...
Old 03-16-2012, 10:34 AM   #10
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:

Oriana, questions are good. You know without them we can't learn.

I am a binger too!

I have been a yo-yo dieter all my life. It is true. I remember when I was 12 years old my mama talking to her friend and her friend told her to not worry that when I started looking at boys I would get my eating under control! No I didn't get it under control. It controlled ME.

Oriana if you feel the need to binge on Atkins do it with bacon and cheese. Or your most tastie meal! Eat till it comes out my ears is my motto

It is okay Oriana. You are gona be okay. You must have faith in yourself. No one can tell me how hard it is, I know how hard it can get. I have been eating this way since last MARCH.

Sometimes I get so sick of food I feel as if I will implode!
FOOD is the center of everything. But then when I say that I know it always has been so what is different. The only thing for me that is different is the kind of food. It ant the amount. You should see a plate of meat, eggs and cheese I sit in front of!

I must reboot this computer. It needs it, poor thing is old. After my DS reinstalled windows and I went to Firefox for my browser it is running like a new born puter. But it still needs rebooting.
I will be back...like the terminator said
Old 03-16-2012, 11:32 AM   #11
Blabbermouth!!!

LCF Is Rockin With Great Friends! :-)

Quote:

Will you gain if you binge on Atkins? No. No. No. As long as you are eating on plan you will not gain. I think one will gain if you eat too many carbs with the high fat diet. I just do not think I should eat things like chips and ice cream and cake and pies. I am going to stick my head out here and it could get chopped off, but I think it is dangerous to eat high fat and eat things like flour sugar and such foods. FrankenFood is so unhealthy for us!

Yes I will always be on Atkins. I hope one day I can eat a few more carbs like fruit, but I just don't know if I will ever be able to add too many! I know this I will NEVER go back on diabetic pills or insulin.

Yes Oriana it is the way to go as far as I feel about it. I know many others think else wise but I think Dr. Robert Atkins did his homework. Why would he have lost on this WOE to go back to grains and sugar? He wouldn't. He didn't.

Dr. Robert Atkins devoted his life to this WOE. HE knew we were killing ourselves on sugar flour and the such. All one has to do is look around. Look and we will see the U.S.A is destroying our lives and the lives of our children's children. I believe this with all my heart.

Oriana my popa grew his own tobacco. Did he die from cancer of the throat? No. Did he die from cancer anywhere in his body? No he died from old age.

It is not just the food we eat but the way we eat it and the way we cook it.
Tobacco is the same that is why I used it to explain myself better.

I have a problem explaining things sometimes. I also have a problem remembering things. I have been told I suffer from that learning disability. I can't remember the name, of it.

My mamaw taught us how to cook. My mama could not boil water when she married my bio dad. Marylouise she would say~ put a little sugar in them there green beans and turn them down low and cook-em about 2 hours! TWO HOURS! The first time I tried to get my mama to try one of my ALIVE green beans she gagged!

Mama brought home some Mex. food once and she put it in the oven to cook. She said the crust they wrapped it in was raw!
Mama did not eat raw food! She wanted it dead, dead, dead. Her steaks had NO moo in them! You can be assured of that!

Oriana there are ton's of people on here that think the same way I do.
Please don't give up. Please never stop trying. Please. It is so worth it!

YES I am still diabetic. I always will be probably. I am a fat induced diabetic. Lot of people don't like it when I call it that. But, it is what it is.

We all love each other and want only good things for one another.

LCF's is rockin with great friends!
Old 03-16-2012, 11:40 AM   #12
Blabbermouth!!!

Dr. Oz says we need more grains. Hummm

Me say you eat the grains I will eat the cow that ate the grains. Grains make the cow grow big and strong. Grass and grains with all those micro nutrients is what the cow gives back to me. Well this is only my opinion. I have been told that is why a cow has two stomachs. do I have two stomachs, Nope I don't have two stomachs. :-) Well I looked like I did last March :-(
Old 03-16-2012, 03:03 PM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

Thank you, you are right about the food controlls over us. You must let me see a picture of your plate of bacon, eggs, meat, cheese you eat so that I won't feel like such a pig. I am 5'4" and can eat like a man! I felt so bad for eating 4 cheese sticks this morning with coffee and cream but I guess it was okay. I had a small ribeye loaded with fat and a med. salad with lots of ranch plus a diet coke. Now for dinner I will have a protein shake made with 1/2 cup HWC, 1/2 cup rasberries and a scoop of powder. Is this too much?
Old 03-16-2012, 07:06 PM   #14
Blabbermouth!!!

Oriana are you climbing the ladder???
Old 03-17-2012, 08:59 AM   #15
Blabbermouth!!!

The start of my rungs up the ladder begins today. I am wishing myself good luck......
Old 03-18-2012, 06:38 AM   #16
Blabbermouth!!!

I STARTED OWL YESTERDAY AND I WEIGH 161 TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!! TO ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOOD MORNING LCF'S OWL IS
Old 03-18-2012, 06:41 AM   #17
Blabbermouth!!!

Dr. Robert C. Atkins THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HE KNEW HIS PLAN WORKED!
Old 03-18-2012, 09:34 PM   #18
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: jem51
Stats: oh so happy at 120
WOE: Mine, all mine
Start Date: controlled carb '97-98
Love your journal.

Hope you keep posting on your climb....
jem51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 09:59 PM   #19
Blabbermouth!!!

OH Jem I have been seeing you on the board. Each time here lately I have been saying I have got to say hello to you. And here you are! WOW

I am so happy you are reading my words. I mean that with all my heart.
Old 03-18-2012, 10:19 PM   #20
Blabbermouth!!!

I was born in 51. It was a very good year

Don't you just love LCF's!

I know I do!!!! It is keeping me on plan better than anything has in my life. I started trying to learn how to eat when I was 12 years old. I saved my allowance to buy diet shakes. Don't remember what kind but I do remember they were chocolate{chalk}

Mama and her friend were talking about me. I was hiding in the hall. They did not know I was there. I heard her friend Sherry, say oh Doris don't worry about it she will lose weight when she starts looking at boys. Hummmp..No she did not. I was a very skinny child until around 8. I started gaining and it never really stopped. I had no friends in school except for one girl. Her name was Sharon. I still to this day remember her and how she looked. She was blonde and lean. She played sports and was in the school band. We were best friends.

Well I have just went on and on. I am like that. Once I get started I can't find the end.

I am so happy to see you Jem
Yes I am not going to stop.
I feel that this forum with all of these wonderful kind smart people is my cement
And I am hunkered down for a very long stay!

Last edited by marylouise; 03-18-2012 at 10:23 PM..
Old 03-19-2012, 02:01 PM   #21
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: jem51
Stats: oh so happy at 120
WOE: Mine, all mine
Start Date: controlled carb '97-98
Oh, we are the same age!!
I never thought I'd make it this far....really just never had those long term goals.

I am from the south.
Actually was born in Minnesota but had my third B day in Georgia.

My sisters and I were all wiry and did not eat the traditional southern diet at home.
My mom followed the teachings of Adel Davis.....we would have rather eaten traditional southern fare!!

Still, kids were more active then (back in the day....never thought I'd be using that term).
It was such a big deal to actually have a car!!

You are doing a fabulous job of taking control of your health.

I understand the idea that some of us will never be able to stop thinking about food; I developed some pretty disordered eating (and weight) as a vegetarian and I'm sure that obsession will always be lurking to some degree.

In summer, it is different since I spend the days working on home improvement and landscape projects that clear my mind.....but winter is way too long here.

I miss the south.
Old 03-19-2012, 05:07 PM   #22
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem51 View Post
Oh, we are the same age!!
I never thought I'd make it this far....really just never had those long term goals.

I am from the south.
Actually was born in Minnesota but had my third B day in Georgia.

My sisters and I were all wiry and did not eat the traditional southern diet at home.
My mom followed the teachings of Adel Davis.....we would have rather eaten traditional southern fare!!

Still, kids were more active then (back in the day....never thought I'd be using that term).
It was such a big deal to actually have a car!!

You are doing a fabulous job of taking control of your health.

I understand the idea that some of us will never be able to stop thinking about food; I developed some pretty disordered eating (and weight) as a vegetarian and I'm sure that obsession will always be lurking to some degree.

In summer, it is different since I spend the days working on home improvement and landscape projects that clear my mind.....but winter is way too long here.

I miss the south.

Jem it is cool to met someone my age.

1951 was indeed a great year. I loved , looking back, growing up in the 50's and 60's. It was so different! We too walked and played outside till dark. It is horrible for kids today. We have 6 grand kids and the 12 yr. old is addicted to games. His step dad got him game Christmas that you go on line to play. He talks back and forth to strangers! His daddy is our oldest DS. Our DS detests the game too. Our 7 yr. old grand daughter was just here in the bus and when she left I saw my GS at the table outside getting a talking to by his Dad. We have a lot of trouble with his attitude. He does great in school. But when he has free time he is in his room playing that GAME!
Our son has 10 acres. We are parked on a great spot with trees and gravel. The grand son did go outside until the {GAME}!

We had a 2 story down the road and we sold it because it was too big for the 2 of us and we kind of were too close to our neighbors. We moved to Tennessee to help my sister get out of a bad marriage. She is back home today remarried to her first and only real true love. They have 3 kids together and 6 grand kids of their own to spoil and enjoy.

The house in Tennessee we bought is almost ready to go back on the market but today's state of affairs is real good for selling houses! We could be in our bus a long time. It is nice in here.

We have had this bus for at least 25 years. We have side by side front loaders. A nice whirlpool tub. A place to sit in our recliners and watch tv and a place for our computers. I have a stove and very few cabinets. We have a freezer. The fridge is in the area we sleep in. Along with the toilet. Our 7 yr. old said a few minutes ago. OHHH yall have to potty where the fridge is at. I did have a huge beach towel nailed up at the door way and I guess she has never paid attention to it before. The bus is a 1948 Grey Hound. We have another one with all of our stuff packed up in it.

OH and plus our two doggies. One is 10 yrs. old the other is 5. Cricket is a Pomfox, Pomeranian and Fox terrier. Gidget is at this moment resting her face on my keyboard. Wanting me to tell her she can get in my lap. These two are a pair. They don't go outside. I pad broke both. I hate it but as I have heard said, it is what it is. THERE is NO way I could handle the pair going outside and potting. Tick and fleas oh my. Ten acres and covered with rabbits and such. I love living in the country. I could never move back to town.

Jem I am trying my best to take control of my health. Did you read the 100 pound loss thread? I think it is full of info about me. I truly almost died before getting on with losing this weight. I was using the go-carts in stores. I could not take a bath. I had to take all showers. I forgot what a true pleasure it is to lay down in a tub of suds!

Adelle Davis I have heard of her. I can't remember much. I think she died the year my second son was born, 74 right? She thought high doses of vitamins helped but then a lot of kids died. I think. I use to read a lot. I love to read. The smell of books is all it takes to make me feel safe and content. Weird ant I..

We for sure cooked southern food! I was thin as a rail until the third grade. Mama and my bio dad were not a good pair. Stuff happens. Sometime it is bad stuff. Did you read where I talked about my baby sister almost dying? Mama ran over her. If you didn't read it I will tell you about it if you want. It was an accident.

I have a step sister that lives in Georgia. Another that lives in Tennessee close to Nashville. Two step brothers that live close to her and a full blood brother that lives here. Mama had us one after the other. My brother and sister are not even a year apart! I am the oldest.

How many kids do you have? Do you have grand kids? I do love to have things growing to eat! When the rabbits will let us get anything.

Tonight I ate salmon scrambled with one egg. Green beans on the side. Eating OWL is fun. I sure hope I can handle this. My DH wants me to get on a diabetic WOE. You can see the back of his head busy on his computer in my picture. His hair is still a mass of curls even at almost 59. I am a year and half older than he is.

When we married he was 16 and I was 18. Mama said Marylouise you have lost your mind. I said no mama I have found my mind.

What is your highest weight? In your picture you look like you have never had a weight problem.

I am almost spreading myself too thin in here. I met a woman that has over 100 to lose. I saw her today. She needs help. I am trying without making her mad to help her get on a good plan and maybe she will find her way with just a little help. I hope so.

I love the ppl to the forum thread. I have met a lot of ppl just coming in. I love people! Have you went there?

I be back......I try....I wish I could combine several threads together. Well I could do that. Boy it would take a while. It is best to keep it separate I guess.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 03-19-2012, 05:13 PM   #23
Blabbermouth!!!

OH OH OH I forgot to tell about this. My sister Nathleen and James came yesterday for a visit. I was showing her some clothes that are too big and seeing if she wanted some of them. I sat in the middle of the bed. My clothes are right there beside me. I was sitting on my legs. I have always been pretty flexible. SHE said Marylouise you look as thin as a RAIL sitting like that!!!!!!! Made my day and week and month and the past year worth every single thing I have done to stay on my path to thinness!!!
Old 03-19-2012, 07:32 PM   #24
Major LCF Poster!

Jem I too was a vegetarian/fruitarian and it is so hard to think that Atkins is actually healthier. How did you over come the thinking of this? I mean that ia sometimes the hardest part realizing that this is healthy eating fat. I actually gained very easily on fruit and veggies even in their raw state and when I would eat cheese, meat, fat I lost and still kept going back to raw. Can you clear the air some more?
Old 03-19-2012, 07:34 PM   #25
Major LCF Poster!

Mary Louise what did you eat today? Amounts? I had beef and salad with ranch, 1 cup of almnds (they are 2 carbs per serving of net carbs), diet coke, rasberry protein shake made with HWC. A perfect day and I was not in the least hungry. I ran 7 miles.
Old 03-19-2012, 08:33 PM   #26
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Mary Louise what did you eat today? Amounts? I had beef and salad with ranch, 1 cup of almonds (they are 2 carbs per serving of net carbs), diet coke, raspberry protein shake made with HWC. A perfect day and I was not in the least hungry. I ran 7 miles.

I know this, you must be really young because I could not run 25 feet if my life depended on it!

Breakfast
I ate scrambled eggs with sausage and coffee x4
HWC in one cup 1 teas.
Coconut oil in each cup 1 teas. each

I think I forgot to eat lunch
I did drink more coffee with CO

Supper, was salmon with one egg scrambled in it and green beans.

Coffee again with 2 teas. HWC and CO then 3 more mugs with CO only. Oh I did drink one black...

Snake on handfull cashews. I know it should have been almonds. My sister Nathleen brought me a can yesterday when her and her DH came for a visit. They are so temping I did not have the heart to tell her I was not eating them anymore. Me and my sister are very very very very Close! I would do NOTHING to hurt my baby sisters feelings!!! NO WAY NO HOW!!! It has never nor will ever happen!!!

One of my kidneys has her name on it. She had kidney cancer many years ago. Lost one of them! I stopped drinking for her, so she would NEVER not have one!!!!!
Old 03-20-2012, 05:55 AM   #27
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mick6
I was poking around the journal and just wanted to tell you congrats!!! I was reading looking for inspiration and I sure found it in your story!
Mick6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 06:21 AM   #28
Major LCF Poster!

Young? I am 47 years old and a mother of 4 and I teach 1st grade!!!!!!!! Marathon running is on the side.
Old 03-20-2012, 06:22 AM   #29
Major LCF Poster!

You do not eat much ML. How many eggs and stuff.
Old 03-20-2012, 07:31 AM   #30
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micksgonepb View Post
I was poking around the journal and just wanted to tell you congrats!!! I was reading looking for inspiration and I sure found it in your story!

Michell~ I started writing this because I hoped it would keep my eye on my prize. Thank you 4 the congrads. I wish you all the support and luck you need to get to your goal.