Old 03-20-2012, 07:36 AM   #31
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: marylouise
Stats: 300 / 154.8 / 150-5'3"- 61 YR.
WOE: 72` DADR with the List!
Start Date: March 1, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by oriana View Post
Young? I am 47 years old and a mother of 4 and I teach 1st grade!!!!!!!! Marathon running is on the side.

WOW thanks cool. I never could run very good. You have 4 kids, that's great! And a school teacher. Another WOW.....

The running probably burned that ice cream up fast!!!

I eat a lot. My plate is always full. My belly has shrunk but I can still eat my share
marylouise is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-20-2012, 08:42 AM   #32
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: jem51
Stats: oh so happy at 120
WOE: Mine, all mine
Start Date: controlled carb '97-98
ML, nice that you and your sister are close. I did not come from a close family and my remaining sister and I are rarely in touch.
My mother pitted us against eachother and her.
We both went out into the world and created new family.

The most I weighed was 160+ and that was only because I'd go on some long fast which seemed like the only way I could gain control of my addiction.
It all started when I became a vegetarian and being convinced that it was the correct way to eat, my problems just snowballed as I became more and more strict.

I should've quit early on when it became apparent that it was not health giving and causing addictive behavior.

But this is the present and shoulda, woulda, coulda's don't count.

How I ended up LC was a jump from raw vegan to paleo. I craved meat, it turns out.
Then my daughter ended up w severe IBS and her naturopath put her on specific carb diet, which healed her....that evolved to LC and for quite a while I followed GO-diet then finally EFGT. Whew!

ML, my family always has LC desserts at holiday/occasions. Banana cream pie can certainly be made w/o sugar.
What I have discovered for myself (and this is because I live alone) is that I cannot make entire LC dessert recipes because I will just eat til gone.
BUT we have family fav's that everyone loves and they don't taste any different from non LC. Everyone enjoys!!
Sometimes I'll make myself custard and put it in custard cups so there's no doubt what a serving is!! Funny how we try to fool ourselves.

As you progress, you will make discoveries.....Linda Sue, Cleochatra, and others have already done the recipe testing.
As always, it will be important to know your limits so you don't revert back to your previous eating pattern.

Good for you on the handful of nuts!! A handful is a normal amt!!

Interesting about the two syllable names. Humans w longer names are often reduced to two....maybe it's the same for humans.
Old 03-20-2012, 12:02 PM   #33
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem51 View Post
ML, nice that you and your sister are close. I did not come from a close family and my remaining sister and I are rarely in touch.
My mother pitted us against eachother and her.
We both went out into the world and created new family.

The most I weighed was 160+ and that was only because I'd go on some long fast which seemed like the only way I could gain control of my addiction.
It all started when I became a vegetarian and being convinced that it was the correct way to eat, my problems just snowballed as I became more and more strict.

I should've quit early on when it became apparent that it was not health giving and causing addictive behavior.

But this is the present and shoulda, woulda, coulda's don't count.

How I ended up LC was a jump from raw vegan to paleo. I craved meat, it turns out.
Then my daughter ended up w severe IBS and her naturopath put her on specific carb diet, which healed her....that evolved to LC and for quite a while I followed GO-diet then finally EFGT. Whew!

ML, my family always has LC desserts at holiday/occasions. Banana cream pie can certainly be made w/o sugar.
What I have discovered for myself (and this is because I live alone) is that I cannot make entire LC dessert recipes because I will just eat til gone.
BUT we have family fav's that everyone loves and they don't taste any different from non LC. Everyone enjoys!!
Sometimes I'll make myself custard and put it in custard cups so there's no doubt what a serving is!! Funny how we try to fool ourselves.

As you progress, you will make discoveries.....Linda Sue, Cleochatra, and others have already done the recipe testing.
As always, it will be important to know your limits so you don't revert back to your previous eating pattern.

Good for you on the handful of nuts!! A handful is a normal amt!!

Interesting about the two syllable names. Humans w longer names are often reduced to two....maybe it's the same for humans.
~~~~~~~~
Oh Jem that's so sad. I am sorry you and your sister are not close. I know I am very blessed to be so close to my sister. I was close to all my siblings but miles have separated us. We all care and love each other very much.

When my bio dad remarried, he married Martha and her 3 kids. They had one together. She is my half sister, but she is my whole sister in love. All of them. I love~em so much!

Living alone at times can be nice but I know it must have it's down days.

Man you are right about the coulda shoulda's. Can't change that.

Vegetation way I have heard can put of the pounds. I have a 7 yr. old grand daughter that will not eat meat. At all. No one caused her to be that way. She will say, Would you eat your dog? Once I was talking to her outside and a lady bug landed on me. I hollered and knocked it off. She was 3 or 4 at the time. She would not let me near her for months! And when she did start talking to me again she asked me why I knocked that lady buy off like that. I tried to explain to her I was terrified of bugs. She will not even kill an ant!!! A spider, she picks it up and carries it outside. She is 7................
Sunday she was sitting in the truck and all of a sudden she said look Grandma there is a man. He is waving. I looked to see what she was talking about. She said look at the tree. I did. She pointed harder. Then I realized she was looking at the branches of a tree. I stared trying to see the man. YOU will not believe this but I finally saw that man! The branches were in such a way that it did look like a man waving! Sophie is a very one of a kind child. My youngest her dad, is like that. Well he has changed as he grew older. Life slowed down his imagination. My youngest son is brilliant. Ant saying that because I gave birth to him. He was born that way. I know you have heard of the book, Who's~ Who Jem he is in that book. We thought his first born son was a Servont.spelling wrong] He changed too as he grew older. He is 20 now. He is different. He is also brilliant but he is not a servont.

I NEVER EVER can revert back to the old WOE. It will destroy me if I do.....
Old 03-20-2012, 12:07 PM   #34
Blabbermouth!!!

IS your daughter doing okay now? My Dh was that way when he was younger. He has no problem now. I do hope your daughter is better.
Old 03-20-2012, 12:16 PM   #35
Blabbermouth!!!

Names~~~

My name is Marylouise
All my life ppl have just dropped the Louise and said MARY. I am not Mary. I am Marylouise. Mary is a beautiful name don't get me wrong. I was raised being called Marylouise. IT is hard to get passed something.

I can be in the same room with someone. We introduce ourselves and guess what they says, hi MARY.

The actress Marylouise Parker. She puts a hyphen in her name to help ppl call her Mary-Louise. It works for her but not me. I sign my name now but using a little L. Sometimes it works but most times it doesn't. Now I am putting my maiden name as part of my name. I just use the first letter. Its gotten better but it still causes me a problem.

My sister's name is Nathleen. She went with NAT. I told her she ant no bug!

Last edited by marylouise; 03-20-2012 at 12:18 PM.. Reason: added thought.....................................................
Old 03-20-2012, 01:20 PM   #36
Blabbermouth!!!

WEIGHTLOSS UPDATE

I have an update on my weight loss.

I have lost 120 POUNDS SO FAR!:

My tummy is hurting today but other than that I feel like a NEW PERSON!

Kind of I still have more to lose

I still am shocked, I gained so much weight. These picture's remind me to that fact each and everyday~~~~~~

I am liking the new me

I need opinion's~~~

I am thinking about getting on a diabetic WOE. Please chime in your thoughts.
And I have kind of think skin
Old 03-20-2012, 01:22 PM   #37
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: fsfty
Stats: 265/184/184 6'2" Start 6/9/11, Goal 12/9/11
WOE: Lifetime Maintenance
Start Date: June 9, 2011
Unbeliveable!!! You should be very proud of yourself. Congratulations
fsfty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 01:36 PM   #38
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: h82bl8
Stats: 220/170
WOE: what works for me
Start Date: Apr. 2013
h82bl8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 01:49 PM   #39
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks tons...
What do you think about me changing to diabetic-LC woe?
Old 03-20-2012, 05:10 PM   #40
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Maybe you could just get some psyllium and swig it down w some water everyday.

I started adding it in the past year and am not looking back....I don't care what Fiber Menace says.

Even an easy paced walk can get things movin'....maybe a romantic, southern, evening stroll w the hubby?

Last edited by jem51; 03-20-2012 at 05:11 PM..
jem51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 06:08 PM   #41
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MargeGunderson
Stats: 178/130/120
WOE: LC; LG, no wheat, VVLS(ugar)
Start Date: Feb. 1, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by marylouise View Post
I have an update on my weight loss.

I have lost 120 POUNDS SO FAR!:

My tummy is hurting today but other than that I feel like a NEW PERSON!
Um, what tummy is hurting, exactly?? Oh, wait, I geddit now! Like when recent amputees feel those phantom pains where they're sure their missing limbs are present and hurting, right?

Seriously, that is outstanding!! You've lost what i weighed in total most of my adult life!

And now, you can't EVER try to stop yourself from doing anything in life you want to do, or conquering any obstacles in any of your goals, because compared to this, most anything else is going to be very manageable for you! (notice I'm not foolish enough to try and tell you it's all easy; just that it's all within your reach! )

Now it's time to treat yourself to something you've wanted for a long time. Not necessarily food! New clothes don't count; they're now a pleasant necessity – get those, too, but something totally unrelated to diet, size, fitness, all of that. You know, the rest of you and your personality and enjoyments!
MargeGunderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 06:13 PM   #42
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Thanks tons...
What do you think about me changing to diabetic-LC woe?
Are you diabetic, or pre-diabetic? Or otherwise predisposed to the condition such as family history?

Obviously this excellent milestone (or would we call it a millstone being removed from your body and your path to your goals? ) is inspiring, and you want to keep it going or even up the progress, but if it's working well and it obviously is, I'd be afraid of messing with the winning formula unless you do have diabetes concerns.
Old 03-20-2012, 06:33 PM   #43
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Names~~~
My name is Marylouise
All my life ppl have just dropped the Louise and said MARY. I am not Mary. I am Marylouise. Mary is a beautiful name don't get me wrong. I was raised being called Marylouise. IT is hard to get passed something.
What is wrong with people??!!? The most basic, simplest form of respect is calling someone as they wish to be addressed! I always ask if I'm not completely sure, but it's pretty easy to go with whatever followed "Hi, my name is..." when we meet for the first time.

Friends call me every variation of my name in friendly affection, but it doesn't bother me; if it did they wouldn't, and I would never use the variations of their names that they do dislike.
Old 03-20-2012, 07:51 PM   #44
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Maybe you could just get some psyllium and swig it down w some water everyday.

I started adding it in the past year and am not looking back....I don't care what Fiber Menace says.

Even an easy paced walk can get things movin'....maybe a romantic, southern, evening stroll w the hubby?

That Fiber Menace was so high I ran the other way on that one. I checked into it a few months back.

Sounds like a nice way to walk supper off. I am sure you are right about that I love a stroll in the breeze with hubby. This time of year is wonderful. But you are way up in the cold wet ant you. My step brothers and sister's bio dad lives in Portland. I get chilly thinking about it. If the summers got hotter I think I would love the cold rain and snow. I love to be cool...

I'm still miserable. I still don't know if I am going to stay on OWL. I am one huge step closer to knowing though. I just checked my B/S. It is high. 189 This is one hour after eating.

I went ahead and tested my options. I ate a frozen meal for seniors and it is suppose to be for senior diabetic's.

It comes from Traditions Meal Solutions. And she assured me it is for diabetic's. I know this, if it is for diabetic's I will never be able to eat an apple
Old 03-20-2012, 08:03 PM   #45
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargeGunderson View Post
Are you diabetic, or pre-diabetic? Or otherwise predisposed to the condition such as family history?

Obviously this excellent milestone (or would we call it a millstone being removed from your body and your path to your goals? ) is inspiring, and you want to keep it going or even up the progress, but if it's working well and it obviously is, I'd be afraid of messing with the winning formula unless you do have diabetes concerns.

Hi Marge. I loved the thread with the woman taking pictures of her new self with new clothes!

Did you click on her picture? It got really big. I could have seen a pen on the floor. Well almost.

That is just it I do have them dang sugar concerns.
My mama had it. My bio-dad had it. It was the cause of my ma maw's death
My sister is diabetic.

I was signed up for a senior program. The woman said it is for seniors in this area. It is a county program. I am going to call her tomorrow. If they are feeding this to diabetic seniors and it looks like they are it is not a diabetic meal. She even said it was designed for diabetics!!!

Oh this high sugar feels like crap!!! And I have indigestion.

Crud Crud...........

Last edited by marylouise; 03-20-2012 at 08:04 PM..
Old 03-20-2012, 08:20 PM   #46
Senior LCF Member

You don't look even close to being a senior! I was guessing you at right about my age, or maybe 50 tops!

Wow, with that family history and your prior weight, you've quite literally dodged a bullet and/or experienced a miracle (your preference! ) if you aren't a raging diabetic right now!

What doesn't look like appropriate diabetic fare in those meals?
Old 03-20-2012, 08:36 PM   #47
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
What is wrong with people??!!? The most basic, simplest form of respect is calling someone as they wish to be addressed! I always ask if I'm not completely sure, but it's pretty easy to go with whatever followed "Hi, my name is..." when we meet for the first time.

Friends call me every variation of my name in friendly affection, but it doesn't bother me; if it did they wouldn't, and I would never use the variations of their names that they do dislike.
I have been done this way since first grade. And it does still happen today.

My nick name is Louie
Old 03-21-2012, 09:07 AM   #48
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Marylouise, I'm sure you already know that a meal 'designed for diabetics' mean ADA recommendations....which are way too high in carbs.

Do not go there!

There are many ways to go which provide a lower carb version. Dr Steve Parker has a LC Mediterranian site which also includes a Diabetic version.
Also Rob Thompsons Low Glycemic Load Diet.
Atkins rungs are great and will ultimately provide more variety.

You may actually be able to eat small amts of carbs but you may be eating enough protein to be going toward that amt....which means that to add carbs, you may be reducing protein since it can be used to make glucose.
Reading Dr Bernstein will give a better explanation.

Having diabetes changes the playing field but it is not impossible. However eating any commercially prepared food will be iffy and an ADA diet won't be your friend.

My digestion really sucks and is so slow that I could never follow Atkins amts of protein. It takes so long to digest that my BG remains elevated for too long....(pre diabetic)
I had to go for smaller meals more frequently which, of course, does not work for some.
But I have been able to add legumes or lc bread a couple times weekly which is a nice change.

I'm not saying that my way will be your way but don't be afraid when the time comes just go gently.
If you want some fruit, start w a snack of 1/2 along w some nut butter or cheese.

There are some diabetics that stick to just meat but others can't do it for life and rather than test lc options, give up and go right back to insulin.
Not worth it, IMHO.
jem51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 09:59 AM   #49
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: hopetolose
Stats: 144/132/120
MaryL, this is the first time I have been here to read your journal and I want to say "what an inspiration". I just hope I can keep on track and finally get to my goal. I know you will get to yours with your determination and dedication. I was within 10# but now it is more like 17 - 18 from goal.
Hi Jem. Well, I am the old one here. I was born in the 40's and am also prediabetic. Know what you mean about too much protein. What really sucks for me is that if I eat too much red meat (which I love), my BS goes up. I can eat fish and not bother me too much, but a little too much beef really sends my BS up. I have read Dr. B's book.
I have a dumb question. How do you do a quote on this board?
Have a great day,
Hope
hopetolose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 05:56 PM   #50
Senior LCF Member

Hopetolose, no such thing as a dumb question in here; I've already been advised. And if mine aren't dumb, this one doesn't even come close!

You can hit the blue quote button in the bottom right corner of the post you're quoting, which will drop the text, in a quote box, in a new comment window. Then either just start typing below it where your cursor already is, or if it's a long post you might cut out the parts not relevant to your comment so people see what you're referencing. (that part is optional, of course!)

Or if you have a few people to quote, you can copy the relevant text from each post, then hit the response button at the top or bottom of the page, paste the quoted text in, then highlight it and click the quote window icon at the top of the message window, (third one from the right), and type your comment below each one.

Last edited by MargeGunderson; 03-21-2012 at 05:58 PM..
Old 03-21-2012, 09:28 PM   #51
Blabbermouth!!!

I know how to post a quote but I have not tried the more than one quote. Thanks Marge. I am happy to see yall here!

Jem I would really like to talk to you about that. It is too late tonight. I will be here tomorrow. I need to talk about my plan!

Yall have a great night.
I will see yall in the sunshine.

Oh on the 100 pound loss thread I posted how the nurse practitioners visit went. :-)
Old 03-21-2012, 10:19 PM   #52
Senior LCF Member

Marylouise, I responded to your excellent nurse practitioner news in I think the Atkins 72 thread (getting jet lag from flying around in here so much, one leads so many others, and just can't stop!), the one where we mentioned rain and you asked if I'm staying on plan.

In the non-scale milestones thread, when you get a moment, please check out a super surprising one I had today, don't want to spam the boards with the same comment in more than one thread.

Oh, and as to quoting multiple people, you could also copy the text, click that little quote icon up there, then click inside the quote marks and paste it if you'd rather not highlight it again after you've pasted it in. Slightly easier if you're having trouble with your hands.
Old 03-22-2012, 08:44 AM   #53
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Marylouise, I'm sure you already know that a meal 'designed for diabetics' mean ADA recommendations....which are way too high in carbs.

Do not go there!

There are many ways to go which provide a lower carb version. Dr Steve Parker has a LC Mediterranian site which also includes a Diabetic version.
Also Rob Thompsons Low Glycemic Load Diet.
Atkins rungs are great and will ultimately provide more variety.

You may actually be able to eat small amts of carbs but you may be eating enough protein to be going toward that amt....which means that to add carbs, you may be reducing protein since it can be used to make glucose.
Reading Dr Bernstein will give a better explanation.

Having diabetes changes the playing field but it is not impossible. However eating any commercially prepared food will be iffy and an ADA diet won't be your friend.

My digestion really sucks and is so slow that I could never follow Atkins amts of protein. It takes so long to digest that my BG remains elevated for too long....(pre diabetic)
I had to go for smaller meals more frequently which, of course, does not work for some.
But I have been able to add legumes or lc bread a couple times weekly which is a nice change.

I'm not saying that my way will be your way but don't be afraid when the time comes just go gently.
If you want some fruit, start w a snack of 1/2 along w some nut butter or cheese.

There are some diabetics that stick to just meat but others can't do it for life and rather than test lc options, give up and go right back to insulin.
Not worth it, IMHO.
DON'T GO THERE RANG IN MY HEAD EVEN AFTER I WENT TO SLEEP. I WOKE UP THINKING ABOUT YOUR WORDS! I TOLD MY HUSBAND I CAN NOT EAT THE MEALS. JEM YOU ARE RIGHT! YES YOU ARE RIGHT. MY BELLY IS POOCHING OUT

After I eat{bacon and eggs} I have tons to talk about.

Hope~~~~ I am glad and very happy you are here. I have so many words all over the forum. I wish I had started this a while back. I am a true chatter... When I get started I can not find the stop button

Marge nothing is wrong with copy and paste to move a comment. Please go find it and paste it here. Pretty please

Jem, no I really don't know enough about the ADA. I know the WOE for ppl in USA is way wrong. Please tell me as much as you can about this subject. I knew when my B/S went to 198 one hour after eating I was messing up. I ate it again last night. NO MORE OF IT FOR ME!!!! I think it had sugar in the chicken patty NOT craving though. I may have gotten very lucky this time. I am off to eat be back soon.....I hear them bacon and eggs calling me...
Old 03-22-2012, 08:46 AM   #54
Blabbermouth!!!

Marge you are almost there...82 so far. See how fast they add up!
Old 03-22-2012, 10:04 AM   #55
Blabbermouth!!!

ADA Guildlines UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man it seems like you can't win for losing.

Why is this world are they feeding this in Nursing homes and ppl's homes!!!!

I thought it would be great for me to eat the prepared food. NOT!!!

Thank you tons JEM

The 198 B/S reading that first night after one hour of eating it did scare me. I could feel myself gaining. And yea I ate another one last night. It was the same as the night before so I did not waste a stick checking it again. My Dh will be eating them. It will help him lose and the bonus for me will be not having to prepare two separate meals. WOW WOW!!!

Jem you have for sure saved me from totally hating myself yet ONE MORE TIME

Thank you my friend!!!

After we start regaining and the old belly starts hanging over our shirt we just go get a bigger shirt and britches. NOT THIS TIME!
Old 03-22-2012, 12:07 PM   #56
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
You don't look even close to being a senior! I was guessing you at right about my age, or maybe 50 tops!

Wow, with that family history and your prior weight, you've quite literally dodged a bullet and/or experienced a miracle (your preference! ) if you aren't a raging diabetic right now!

YEA I get that a lot. But I can assure you I was born in 1951. And the camera is for some reason kind to me. I turn 61 this April. I want so much to dislike my hair. Everyone says of but it is so pretty don't cut it. I know I never will cut it off but it sure is a pain on my head.

Marge I am a raging diabetic. I have did a bad thing to my body. I remember what killed my mamaw. High B/S and heart problems that I am sure was caused by her high sugar!

When I turned 30 I said that I would stop being asked for my ID. Well that didn't happen. At 40 I just knew it would stop. No it did not. Well after I turned 50 it stopped. And wow did it stop. Wrinkle city her she comes. People call it being carded now.

I am going to try to do most of my posting here.
I want to try to go around and find my other words floating around in here that I have wrote. I think I can find most of them. I wish I had started my journal in the very beginning. It would have be so cool if I had started it in March of last year, with pictures. Well I didn't, so I ant gona cry over split milk.

Marge where are you at today?
Old 03-22-2012, 12:24 PM   #57
Blabbermouth!!!

The starchy veggies. Potatoes. I taste the sugar in the meat. It is probably in the veggies too.

I wish I could do something to help with the way they are making their plans. I may just send an email to the company!!
Old 03-22-2012, 02:09 PM   #58
Blabbermouth!!!

This was on the RCF's Thread I started in Feb. of this year

ONE MORE TIME THE LAST TIME
You woke up a buried past. I was asked the other day what was my turning point that made me start losing weight I had no real answer for her. You are giving me the real reason. The real reason I went back to LC,ONE MORE TIME, THE LAST TIME.

In 2003 I weighed close to or over 300 pounds. My mama had been diagnosed with lung cancer and she had moved in with my DH and me. I love my mama. I started cooking the way she loved to eat. In no time at all I was heavier than I had ever been in my life.

I tried to save my mama. We started going to Whole Foods in Memphis. I juiced ton's of veggies for her to drink and she started chemo. Nothing will ever change my mind to the fact for me that if she had not started the chemo I would not be sitting here telling our tale.

It is not easy for me to tell my tale, because I will never get over the loss of my mama. For those of you that have lost their mama you know the pain in my heart. The empty void you feel each and every day. The burning of my heart when I remember her voice and her smile.

I cooked anything and everything she wanted. Anyone would do the same as I did, no matter the cost to one's self. It was not hard for me to get to 300 or over. I don't know what I really weighed. I stopped getting on scales and I stopped letting my doctor weigh me.

The turning point for me was seeing pictures of my swollen body. I was so huge in the pictures I could not even see my eyes. Neck, what neck. I had the picture on here and I took it off several days ago. It's in my gallery for anyone that wants to see it. My mama and me are there too.

A very good friend of mine called me one summer day. I was in my swimming pool. She said Louie a LC store just opened up and they are having their open house. I pulled my swollen body out of the water and took off to the new LC store.

Oh my, this is hard for me to even think about so I can put it down in cyberland.

Many minutes have passed. I am watching the minutes tick away.

I can do this. I can do this. Get it together Marylouise.

I will be 61 this April. Being born in the 50s was a good time to be born. Living in this new century without mama is very hard. My heart is on fire.

Time passes. I started weighing myself again. When I got on them things, finally, I weighed 230 pounds. I was very mad at myself. I wished ten fold I had of weighed that day I started on my road, ONE MORE TIME TO LOSE WEIGHT.

Did you notice I did not say, for the last time in the paragraph before this one?

LC~ Friends this is so hard. I hope I have the courage to post my thoughts.

Once again I watched the scales fall as my swollen body started to fade and become a bad memory. One day I woke up and the scales looked back at me with a smile. I weighed 147. Mama died. I started eating wrong again. I woke up the next morning and the scales were not smiling back at me. I threw them away and buried myself {again}.

Not weighing everyday was a bad bad thing to do to myself.

Mama died Oct. 2004. I woke up again in 2011, March. Seven years later my body was swollen to a larger than life, Louie. The Christmas of 2010 I turned a blind eye to everyone taking pictures.

That following March my sister asked me to work on her computer. While I was doing that and waiting for things to update I looked at her pictures. Then BAMM there they were. Pictures of that last Christmas. The one that I had turned a blind eye to. I got the JAR of a life time.

I called her into her room. I asked her if her printer had ink. No she said it does not. I asked her to send it to my computer. She said she would. But, she has not done that, yet.

We talked and I found out she had it posted on her facebook page. I felt sick to my stomach. I got hot all over. I was in a state of shock! You PUT that picture on your facebook page. She got very quite and said yes Marylouise I did. Later I found out my DIL had posted some of her Christmas pix on her facebook page too. A little part of me died that day and I looked around for my ROCK to hide under. It was gone.

My sister went and got new digital scales and it took me several weeks to get on them. The weight of my swollen body is of no importance. What is important is, I finally had the courage to get on the scales and they did NOT smile back at me.

Fast forward to today and I have an answer to someone that has asked, DO YOU WEIGH EVERYDAY?

My answer is, I have forgot how very important that Q is. I did weigh this week and I found out I was 4 pounds lighter than I was the last time I weighed. The second week in January was the last time I had weighed before this week. I stopped weighing because I had a couple slip~ups.

I was making my DH banana puddings. He was almost eatin them everyday. I did slip up on one of them and lick it off my finger. I told my DH this was very dangerous. Me making them for him, had me almost to the edge of my cliff. Almost to getting off this road, ONE MORE TIME!

He asked me to make another one, knowing how I was playing with FIRE. The pull of SUGAR is hard. We have been living this life together for 43 years. He knew how hard this was for me. The pull of the sugar was too strong for him, to not ask for, another one.

Okay I made him one more. after the deed was done I got him a plate. He said no I want to wait till it cools off. I said it's not hot, its just right. I knew what I was doing. I had a plan. I knew how to stop him from asking for another BOWL OF SUGAR!

I handed him a heavy plate of pudding. He took a bite. He took another bite. He smiled and said, this is the best I have ever ate. I said yea I know.

I turned and got a huge tablespoon from the drawer. I turned back to face him. I smiled. He said what are you doing? I did not answer him. Instead I dove that spoon deep into the velvet banana pudding. I smiled at him and opened wide. OH the feel of that velvet was a welcome home sign to me. home Marylouise!!! He hollered, trying to stop me from putting that huge bite in my mouth. He said you can not eat that! What about your blood sugar? I had a fridge full of insulin. I wasn't worried about my B/S!

My plan backfired on me. He STILL ask for another one. I said NO!!! No more. I told him if he had to have another one I would stand with him and show him how, but I said NO I will not make you another bowl of poison. I meant that too. He said okay I will do it.

He never has asked me to make him another one or asked me to show him how to do it.

It took the hardest fight I have even fought to get back on this road of losing! The craving after that bite almost done me in. I had to use every trick I knew to get the sugar out of my blood stream! But I WON!!!!!!

I had not been weighing. I was scared to get on them dreaded scales. This week I have finally started losing again. I have lost 4 pounds and I am back on my road trying to find myself yet another, ONE MORE TIME THE LAST TIME!

It is the last time for me. It's the last time because if I regain the same 100 pounds I will die. My heart will fail and I will die..................................

WEIGH EVERYDAY! TO NOT WEIGH EVERYDAY IS VERY DANGEROUS

I posted this on the LCF's Rock thread. I wanted to repost it here in case someone missed it. Every word you have read is the truth

I hope I don't post anything more than once. If I do and someone sees it please tell me about it...thanks
Old 03-22-2012, 02:18 PM   #59
Blabbermouth!!!

NUTTIE NUTS

nuttie nuts
The other day I was reading around and I ran across something that made me stop and do a rethink about nuts.

Nuts are seeds aren't they?

My weakness is Cashews. They are my trigger. I love them. Always have loved them. I like the way they feel in my mouth when I bite down on them. For me they are also the softest nut.
Cashews will for sure stop my weight loss and if i don't stop myself from eating them, I will gain weight. For me it is best to stick to Almonds.

Almonds are a very hard nut. They are a bland nut, to me also.
I have some left in a bag in the fridge. Had them for some time. When I first got them I ate as is. Then I started wanting them to have some oil and salt on em. So I heated up my oven and fixed them right up. I blew up like a balloon.

I remember thinking about how puffy I felt for the next several days.
I don't know but I think for me I need to stay away from nuts until I can relearn how to eat them so I don't stop my weight loss in its tracks.

This is what the nuttie nut has done to me.{ Self, no more nuts, except Almonds, until I relearn how to eat yall.}

I drink Almond milk. I was drinking the full of sugar kind. Now I drink the unsweet~ one. When I have a sweet craving I add some sweetener to a glass.
The thing I like best is that the Almond milk does not raise my B/S!!!
It feels wonderful to have something that I really like that does not raise my blood sugar!

And yes sometimes I get mad at the ppl that can eat anything they want to and their B/S stays the same. I think to myself, it is just not fair! But I did this to myself. I made myself have this problem. I am a fat induced insulin dependant diabetic. I can not eat many foods, because I overate them for a bunch of years and my body said, ENOUGH

I may never be able to eat the foods I love again. But I Done It To Myself!
I will never ever use insulin again as a free passport to food. NEVER
My doctor warned me. My doctor tried to convince me I did not want to do that. My doctor was a very smart man and I thought I was all wise....

My goodness I did not mean to write a book. oh nuttie nuts....................

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`
This was on the thread too. I am so glad I posted it here. Re-reading it made me go like oh my gosh!!!! I ate the nuts today. My sister brought me a large container of them when she came last Sunday. I do remember saying on another thread they are bad for me but I have forgotten just how BAD!!!!
Old 03-22-2012, 02:24 PM   #60
Blabbermouth!!!

Annabel Lee
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Annabel Lee
Stats: 278/200/174 for now
WOE: Gary Taubes inspired low carb
Start Date: May 24, 2011

Marylouise I love the way you write.
You make me feel like we am sitting down, having a talk, at the kitchen table!
I know how you feel about your mama.
Mine has dementia and I feel like I have lost her.
Your weight lost struggles are inspiring.

You must not fool yourself because you’re the easiest person to fool.
Richard Feynman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This post is also from the LCF's Rock thread. Annabel Lee is so sweet I just had to re~post it here.

Last edited by marylouise; 03-22-2012 at 02:25 PM..